Speaker 1: And we continue at one five in the afternoon on the John Phillips Show, Mister Randy Weggs in Culver City.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm just gonna address this on the air because we get an email about this probably every twenty minutes. People keep wanting to know who's the guy that rates all the judge races on the ballot. Because there's so many judges you have to vote for it no matter what district you're in, no matter what precinct you're in. Craig Huey is the guy. The website is Craighuey dot com and he's got his California Voter Guide. HJTA has also been putting out judge recommendations. I know there's a lot of judges. Easy rule of thumb. If they work at the DA's office, they're probably okay. If they work for the Public Defender's office, do not make them a judge.
Speaker 1: I wonder if judicial candidates named Judy do better than other names.
Speaker 2: You think there's anyone that changed their name to Judy so when they get on the ballot, someone thinks that they're voting for judge Judy.
Speaker 3: It's worth a try.
Speaker 2: There was that guy and this is true, who changed his name to Barack Obama and is running for governor. Who do you think is going to do better, Barack Obama or Eric Swalwell, who is still on the ballot, Probably Smallwell. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number one. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. It is our pleasure to welcome our next guest to the program. He is a candidate for Congress in the city and County of San Francisco. You can get him online at.
Speaker 1: Ganiser Forcongress dot com and follow him on x at Ganiser David. David Ganiser, Welcome.
Speaker 4: Thank you, John. I really appreciate you having me on this afternoon. As you mentioned, I'm the longtime publisher of the Santa Monica Observer for twenty years and a Republican candidate for California's eleventh congressional district, Nancy Pelosi's former seat. When I was a student at Stanford, I was a Coastguard reservist who did search and rescue on San Francisco Bay out of the Presidio of California, which at the time had a Coastguard station called Fort Point. I'm a social moderate who supports gay marriage and who loves the city, and I believe that the government should focus on practical solutions that make life easier, not harder, for people. Without mentioning names, the three progressive candidates in our crowded field of eleven candidates would make life harder for California based on their legislative histories and their pronouncement, and based on progressive philosophy, which has a tendency to restrict things supposedly for the common good. So I felt that, after thirty eight years of Nancy Pelosi, that it was important for San Francisco to have a Republican alternative in this election. And I am that Republican alternative.
Speaker 1: Is it safe to say that the three left wing candidates that you just referenced are decidedly to the left of Nancy Pelosi.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's interesting that she didn't endorse Scott Wiener. They seem to have had a pre agreed upon contract where she would retire from Congress, he would run for her seat, and Christine Pelosi, her daughter, would run for the Senate seat vacated by Scott Wiener. The other two progressive candidates, Connie Chanan and Shaycott, Chakrabati are running to the left of Scott Wiener, which is interesting. They're trying to out left him, and Shycott has been endorsed by the squad Ilhan Omar and Rashida Talib. Interestingly, Shiko, who was the chief of staff for AOC, was not endorsed by AOC. People who've actually worked with him say that he's confrontational, difficult to work with, doesn't compromise. It wants revolutionary change. For a guy who made one hundred and sixty seven million being second from the top at Stripe, the second engineer at Stripe, it's curious that he would want revolutionary change, but he seems to, and he's offended a lot of people within the progressive movement. If you watch the campaign unfold for this seat, what you have noticed is a circular firing squad with the progressives all shooting at each other and even shooting at Nancy Pelosi, who's kind of a revered figure in San Francisco. Whatever else you can say about Nancy Pelosi and whatever else we on the right say about her i E Insider trading, she did deliver for San Francisco. She got bart stations, MUNI stations. She set up a semi federal government agency called the Presidio Trust, which manages the Presidio of San Francisco. As I mentioned earlier, I was a coastguard'sman working at Coastguard Station Fort Point there which is now a museum for Noah. The National Oceanographic and Aeronautic Administration, and other buildings at the Presidio which used to be barracks for army soldiers and have other military uses, are now rented to companies like Oracle. So the Presidio Trust actually has a forty six million dollar surplus this year and appears to be working. So Nancy Pelosi has a mixed legacy.
Speaker 1: Nancy Pelosi seems to have had a falling out with Scott Wiener. Scott Wiener has been involved in Democratic politics in San Francisco quite some time. He was on the Board of Supervisors. He's been representing San Francisco on the state legislature from Minny Moons. I want to read for you a portion of an article in SFST which interviewed Nancy Pelosi about the race to replace her, and have you react to it. Here is what they had to say. Quote when Schaeffer turns to Wiener, who is leading in the polls to succeed Pelosi. She sounds clearly pissed off that this is the case. Quote are you part of their campaign? She snipes at Schaeffer after he offers some praise of Wiener's legislative record, and she adds regarding the chronicles endorsement of him, quote you sound like the San Francisco Chronicle, which is totally irrelevant. Along with the Examiner, nobody cares about endorsements from the newspapers.
Speaker 3: End quote.
Speaker 1: Of the idea that Wiener is a quote master legislator, Pelosi dismissed that, first, saying that she had no legislative experience when she took the job, and adding, quote, I've never heard anybody say that anybody is a master legislator who's part of this race? End quote quote I talked to people. Spend your time with the public, Pelosi says, implying the public isn't so behind Wiener as the poll show.
Speaker 3: What do you make of that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Wiener on a personal level is snappish. There's a fourteen second video where he interacts with Nick Shirley, who is twenty three and doing an amazing public service as a young journalist exposing fraud throughout the country. And Scott Wiener did something that he frequently does in Sacramento. He called him a psychopath and a pedophile, and Nick Shirley is neither and he in terms of his legislative accomplishments. Let's go through housing. For example, there is Senate Bill nine, which changed our one zoning into our four zoning, and then Senate Bill seventy nine, which removed the height limitation within fifteen hundred meters of a transit station, and that can be a train station, but it can also be a bus station. So there's now no height limit. So if you have purchased R one property in the state of California, because of Scott Wiener, you now have to worry about somebody putting up a fifteen story building next to you. I would emphasize that there is still local control. There is a fight between Sacramento and the local governments in California over who actually has control. But this was the sort of change that Wiener does and that our state legislator does. Our state legislature does. They impose revolutionary change without any concern for how it affects people. Who have been invested, and this is why investment money is fleeing California. In San Francisco, there is a progressive measure called Measured D that I'm opposed to. That is a gross receipts tax on businesses and raises the gross receipts tax over one percent if the CEO of a company located in San Francisco earns one hundred times more than the average worker at that company. And while that might sound good, the effect is everybody is leaving San Francisco because they're afraid of Measure D and other such measures. Weener, by the way, has represented San Francisco in the Senate for twelve years in the California State Senate and it they've elected him twice. But it's interesting that he's not popular and will get less than fifty percent of the vote in this primary.
Speaker 1: But what do you make of the conflict between him and puls Because I've seen them at public events together. They certainly have a speaking relationship with one another, but he clearly did something to offend her. Do you think she's upset because he filed to run for that seat before she announced that she was retiring. Do you think she's upset with him because he put together an impressive enough campaign to scare her daughter out of the race so the daughter couldn't replace her in Congress.
Speaker 3: Or do you think there was.
Speaker 1: Some sort of personal interaction where he was snippy, as you described his personality as being, and he did something to her face that upset her, and she's had it in for him since then.
Speaker 4: I think all of those things. I think all of those things. To quote Shakespeare, agent love loves not to have years told. And Nancy was planning on running at eighty six for that seat this year and she was forced out, I believe by Weiener throw has hat into the wing into the ring before she had made that decision not to run, and that kind of forced her out. To be fair, she's pretty spry for eighty six. She's pretty on top of things compared to Joe Biden, who's actually a little younger than she is. And I think there's a lot of bad blood there. And for her to endorse Connie Chan was otherworldly because Connie Chan is regarded as an obstructionist, especially in Chinatown and the Chinese community. She's regarded as a person who didn't, for example, approve of renovation and rebuilding around the area of the Alexandra Theater in San Francisco. And Connie Chan also gave a questionable contract for city advertising for San Francisco city advertising to a publication newspaper that is published in her native Hong Kong called the singh Tao Daily, and that publication being published within Hong Kong is under the jurisdiction of the CCP. So I'm not accusing her of being a CCP agent. I'm not saying that at all, but it's questionable why she would have done that. And then it's questionable that Nancy Pelosi, who has supported over the years the government in Taiwan, would have endorsed her and not endorsed Shy Kott or Scott Wiener or one of the other Democrats in the race. There are nine of them.
Speaker 3: What's wild to me?
Speaker 1: And we played some of the sound of Connie Chan in her first interview after receiving the endorsement of Nancy Pelosi. Woman is not ready for prime time. She was having great difficulty answering the questions, and to the extent that she did, she used the most generic of terms. She really hasn't thought most of these issues through and she certainly can't express herself. Why in the world would Nancy Pelosi, who rose through the ranks to become Speaker of the House, who clearly has great political skills, get behind an amateur like this, who is certainly not at the level of most people in Congress.
Speaker 4: You know, I think that Nancy was reluctant to endorse anyone at all. She doesn't want to retire from her job, and she recognizes that she has to, and she did make that decision, and that was a tough decision to make, to be fair, But you're right that Connie's English could be a little better, and.
Speaker 1: She I don't even think it was a language thing. I think think that she is just not well versed on federal subjects, and she knows what she knows about local subjects, and she's an obstructionist. She doesn't want to build anything, she doesn't want projects being greenlit. We know all that, But it seemed to me that she was thrust in this race because it's the next step up the ladder, not because she has interest in federal issues or she thinks she has solutions to offer for problems facing San Francisco.
Speaker 3: At the federal level.
Speaker 1: It's just like, Okay, this is my chosen career and this is the next promotion that became available, right.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: You had a guest on John not that long ago, a former member of the Assembly, a Republican, who said that there are three reasons why people run for public office, and these cut across party lines. There are people who are trying to advance their careers. There are people who are ideological and have ideology that they want to bring to the fore. And then there are people who want to make life easier for their constituents. And he said, in his opinion, this is the only good reason to run for public office, because you want to make life easier for other people. Connie has not made life easier for people in her district. She is a county supervisor in San Francisco, and people know that in San Francisco. But back to your earlier question, I think Nancy felt she had to endorse someone. It was three weeks before the election and she hadn't endorsed anybody. Her endorsement, in my opinion, is the one endorsement that actually means something. In San Francisco, ilhan Omar and Rashida talib endorsing Shycott, Chakra Bodi will not get him that many votes that he wouldn't have gotten anyway. And if you come from the perspective that she needed to endorse someone, she hates Scott Wiener and everybody hates Shycott, so she endorsed Connie Chan.
Speaker 1: What do you think the odds are you're going to make the November ballot.
Speaker 4: I think the odds are really good, and they're precisely because of the Nancy Pelosi endorsement. And I'll explain why. If you go through the mathematics. The district is one of the bluest districts in the country. It's sixty three percent sixty four percent Democrat, seven percent Republican, and the remaining thirty or so percent is no party preference or independence. I think Scott Wiener is going to get the lion's share of the Democrat vote. Democrat in that district means progressive, and that because of the endorsement, Connie Chan and Shycott will divide the remaining Democrat votes and that I will get the lion's share of the remainder and it'll be enough to put me into the November runoff, I predict, and nobody has noticed this because of the circular firing squad that is going on in San Francisco. Everybody is enjoying the show of all the progressives firing at each other. But if you promise not to tell anyone that's my prediction.
Speaker 1: Let's say that you end up making the November ballot with Scott Wiener, and that Nancy Pelosi hates Scott Wiener as much as we think that she does.
Speaker 3: What do you think she does in that race? Just stay out of it.
Speaker 4: Yes, she's not going to endorse the Republican but yeah, you know interesting that the Democrat Party has over time moved to the left so far that an old school Democrat like Nancy Pelosi, who believes in strong defense and has confronted the CCP by traveling to Taiwan right before the twenty twenty election, it's interesting that she is now left out in the cold, left out high and dry by her own party. As the tide has receded and as the Democrat Party has shifted to the left. My understanding is that progressivism itself is divided between revolutionaries like Shyot and people who want moderate change. Over time, maybe like Connie chan and now they're all firing at each other, and that Nancy Pelosi is not a progressive at all. She is an old school Democrat in my view.
Speaker 3: All right, we're going to have to leave it there.
Speaker 1: David Ganiser candidate for Congress in the City and County of San Francisco. You can get him online at Ganazer Forcongress dot com and follow him on x at Ganiser David. David Ganiser, thanks so much for stopping buying good luck in Tuesday's election.
Speaker 4: Thanks John, and thanks for having me on the show.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number one eight hundred two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: And Randy.
Speaker 1: Now that we've crossed the halfway point of today's show, if you want to continue listening to us after we sign off at three or on Saturday or Sunday or anytime over the weekend, that's easy to do.
Speaker 2: All you gotta do is search for the John Phillips Show wherever you get your podcasts and that could be the Apple podcast app. iHeart Spotify, search for the John Phillips Show, hit subscribe you get download all the episodes. You could do what George Gascone likes to do. Google on YouTube, get us on YouTube at YouTube dot com, slash at Cimulus News Talk. We're the most popular show in the company on that channel, and let's keep it that way. Take that, Larry O'Connor. Even though we have so many different ways for you to li and the beautiful thing is with our apps, you can stream us wherever you want, and with the podcast, you can listen to us on your time, and you can listen to stuff that's recent, like the donut shop story from yesterday.
Speaker 5: Bang Bang bang so many times.
Speaker 2: Or you can listen to stuff that's older, like the donut shop story from last year.
Speaker 5: Okay, you got gleave online.
Speaker 2: Just sta held on that home.
Speaker 1: And if you'd like to take a peek at my ballot, you can find it at KABC dot com and KSFO dot com. And of course, if you want to join us on Election night, Randy, you can do that too.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be broadcasting live and statewide from seven to nine pm on Election Night. Now We'll be here from noon to three, as we always are on KABC and KSFO. I'll be on at five o'clock on KABC, and then at seven o'clock we go live on KABC, KSFO, and KMJ and Fresno all at the same time we give you the election results. The polls close at eight, and we'll be here. John and I will be joined by our buddy Frank Motech at seven ninety k ABC and our buddy Phil Teresi over at KMJ, as well as a few other special guests, and we will break down all the election results that we have at eight o'clock, and if every race is too close to call, we're gonna do a hell of a lot of vamping. And right now it's time to open up the California Crime Blodder. It's happened yet again.
Speaker 3: This Wow Wow, what's up here?
Speaker 5: Dundun Dunk Dundun dun rereads the Califonia Crime Blodder.
Speaker 3: With John and.
Speaker 1: The first edition of today's Blodder takes us to Santa Monica.
Speaker 2: A couple is just walking around in Santa Monica on the Third Street Promenade when crazy guy comes out of his car and starts screaming very anti Semitic things at them. I don't know how he knew they were Jewish. And then when you think it's all over, he goes back to his car and six his dog on the couple.
Speaker 3: Uh oh.
Speaker 2: For more on this insanity, here is CBSLA.
Speaker 6: An attack involving a baseball bat and a dog caught on camera. The man was arrested accused of true remember.
Speaker 2: When the only problem with Santa Monica was the parking. Now they have a whole big bag of problems.
Speaker 6: The man was arrested accused of turning his dog on a couple right outside the Third Street promenade cbsla's Utter Sowards is in Santa Monica.
Speaker 3: After talking to the couple's friend.
Speaker 7: That incident happened right behind me here at the intersection, right in front of the Third Street promenade, in broad daylight. Now, the victims they want to remain anonymous because they believe they were targeted. But locals I spoke to today say this is a part of a much bigger issue.
Speaker 5: But the bag.
Speaker 7: Scary scene in Santa Monica Sunday, A man armed with.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's a lot of esses.
Speaker 3: Almost Mark Brownworthy, a.
Speaker 7: Scary scene in Santa Monica Sunday, a man armed with a baseball bat appears to zero in on a couple who police say was trying to cross the street.
Speaker 2: How dare they try to cross the street?
Speaker 3: This guy sounds like a real a hole.
Speaker 7: He can be heard screaming profanities before getting out of the car and approaching them. The couple who says they're Jewish, tried writing down his license plate, but that's when things take a terrifying turn.
Speaker 2: So they're just walking crossing the street. Crazy guy gets out of his car and starts screaming at them while holding a baseball bat. You genociding blaps.
Speaker 1: Do you think this is a sane person who has a be in his bonnet with the Jews? Or do you think this is just a crazy, homeless person who's just shouting out whatever obscenities popped into his head.
Speaker 2: Well, he had a relatively new looking car that he jumped out of, so I don't think this was homeless. But it is also very possible to be crazy and racist at the same time.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 7: The couple who says they're Jewish tried writing down his license plate, but that's when things take a terrifying turn. After returning to his car, he suddenly charges at them, along with his dog. Santa Monica police say one of the victims was.
Speaker 5: Bit this guy. He was using anti Semitic rhetoric.
Speaker 7: Because the couple asked to remain anonymous. We spoke to their friend who shared the video with us.
Speaker 5: He was using those words to justify his action against them. I won more accounting, buildy, How.
Speaker 2: Did he know they were Jewish?
Speaker 1: That's really odd unless they're Orthodox and they were walking around with the hats and the get up. How would you know what someone's religion is just by seeing him standing on this read.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's not really a Santa Monica move. That's uh, that's park Librea.
Speaker 5: His action against them, I won more accountability.
Speaker 7: Santa Monica police arrested Tarnay not far from the scene.
Speaker 8: It was crazy to watch, but it wasn't too His name is Tarnay.
Speaker 3: What a name?
Speaker 7: Tarnay? Not far from the scene.
Speaker 8: It was crazy to watch, but it wasn't too surprising.
Speaker 7: For people who live in the area. They were concerned hearing about the incident, but not shocked.
Speaker 8: It's just a bit unpredictable. You can't always have to have your heat on a swebl and you don't really know what's to come when you stop outside.
Speaker 2: And that's not what you should be saying about Santa Monica.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Nowhere in the state of California should something like this be going on.
Speaker 3: It's a shame.
Speaker 2: This is a if you hear someone say this, you.
Speaker 8: Can't always have to have your heat on a swebl and you don't really know what's to come when you stop outside.
Speaker 2: You imagine they're talking about Oakland or Vallejoe, not Santa Monica, beach Town, the Pier, one of the jewels of La County.
Speaker 1: I wonder which university the anti Semitic attack or teaches at.
Speaker 8: You can always have to have your hat on a swivel and you don't really know what's to come when you stop outside.
Speaker 3: It's a shame.
Speaker 7: This is a beautiful city, but stats released by the city in March show overall crime is actually down.
Speaker 1: Now, this is what they always do, will the stouts say that crime is down. It just leads the news every single night, because you know, we can't lead with the weather.
Speaker 7: Crime is actually down. With big plans in the works to invest three million dollars to entice businesses to the Third Street promenade.
Speaker 2: And the way they're going to do that is with open drinking permits.
Speaker 7: Can't go wrong with that three million dollars to entice businesses.
Speaker 2: Am I just cranky and old school. I do not understand the appeal of instead of going to a bar having a nice cocktail that it is a nice glass, you now have to have it in a sippy cup so you can carry it around with you to the next bar.
Speaker 3: That has zero appeal to me.
Speaker 2: I just don't get how that entices people.
Speaker 7: Three million dollars to entice businesses to the Third Street promenade.
Speaker 9: And we have a lot of families, kids, and tourists coming around, so having a safe environment in neighborhood around Santa Monica is quite crucial for us.
Speaker 7: But one small business owner says crimes like this make her consider moving.
Speaker 2: I think it's se If crime is down, then why is half of the promenade empty.
Speaker 3: That's a very good question.
Speaker 5: I think it's not getting better.
Speaker 8: You should feel safe stepping outside to take a walk, to grab your groceries, to walk around with your girlfriend or family.
Speaker 7: When we reached out to Santa Monica Pete about whether this was being investigated as a hate crime.
Speaker 2: The said, I mean it's on video that what is being discussed sounds pretty hate crimey to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how is this even a wobbler crime?
Speaker 7: They said? The charges reflect right now they are in their investigative process, but more charges could be coming as they continue to investigate and talk to witnesses. Those victims are expected to be okay. Reporting in Santa Monica Hunter Sourd's CBS SLA.
Speaker 2: So there you go, a crazy, insane anti Semitic attack on the streets of Santa Monica where Psycho Guy recognizes two people crossing the street as Jewish, starts screaming genocide bleep at them, and then sends his attack dog on him.
Speaker 3: I love the.
Speaker 1: Fact that Newsom has time to criticize Texas and Florida anytime they do something that catches his eye. But this doesn't catch his eye, and he is totally silent. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number? What eight hundred two two two five two two two. Let's go to Jonathan Jonathan.
Speaker 10: Hello on you know, Chief Jim McDonald says that the that the crime has been going down for at least like that last eight months. I attend the commission meetings most Tuesdays, and that's all I hear is that crime is going down.
Speaker 1: Well, don't forget that the LAPD chief is unlike the sheriff. The sheriff works for the voters. The sheriff, right, but now he's not. Now he's the chief. The sheriff has to answer to voters. So the sheriff can say whatever it is that the sheriff wants to say, because no one can fire the sheriff but the voters. If you are the police chief, you work at the pleasure of the mayor, and if you are making the mayor happy, you're more likely to hang around longer. If you're upsetting the mayor, you're more likely to get your walking papers. The mayor is running for reelection and she's running on the platform that she is bringing crime in Lafe, Los Angeles down. If the police chief contradicts her, the police chief is going to be told to take a hike.
Speaker 10: Okay, well, John, do you think though? This is what I think, And that's why I went down there, because I also don't believe this. They've they've been saying this for you know, since twenty eighteen. They're bringing crime down. And what I noticed was crime was bad. Donald Trump twenty sixteen or seventeen got elected. Crime went down. Then we had Joe Biden, you know, the brain dead dude that had his wife as president, and then we got done. Crime went up. Then we got Donald John Trump a second time, crime's gone down. Really who brought crime down, as Donald John Trump the president, not the LAPD. They have not enough numbers to affect crime and literally the numbers that really would reflect the truth that people are not reporting crime because they don't want to wait forty five minutes for the police officer to get there because they have some where to go. And it's just it's just it's a little bit absurd. There's a lot of lies going down there. But I do want to say I support the police department. They're doing outstanding work. They have made outstanding progress, and I hope it keeps going and they do bring crime down. They help keep us safe. But I think some of the numbers sometimes are a little bit hard to believe when they attach that great work that Donald's doing to them, you know, rounding up and deporting didn't seem to go very well, but it did bring crime down, so right, thank you.
Speaker 1: For the call, sir, I appreciate it. Now let me pose an alternate theory here, just to think about. I think whoever's in the White House has less to do with crime in Los Angeles or in any big city or any state in the Union. I think what caused crime to spike in California was US passing Prop. Forty seven and fifty seven, because things were relatively normal before that, and prison realignment too. But the moment we started emptying the prisons, and the moment we decriminalized drug use and we decriminalized retail theft, and we handcuffed the prosecutors, and we handcuffed the judges, and we decided that it was racist to lock people up. That's when the criminals started moving to the streets and hanging out in the homeless encampments as opposed to being in prison where they belong. When they were in prison, and we could keep an eye on them and prevent them from doing things like robbing stores or stabbing people or fill in the blank, whatever crime it is that you want to put in there. Then things were relatively normal on the outside. But the moment, we took all the people who bring the chaos and we took them from being inside the prisons to living on the streets. That's why we deal with all the chaos that we're dealing with on a daily basis. All right, it's time to reopen the California Crime blodder If.
Speaker 2: Dummy, we couldn't make this stuff up if we tried.
Speaker 3: I said, hell, no, very boy, let me get up boat out of here. It's the California Crime Bloater and Randy.
Speaker 2: This one takes us to West Hills. Why are there so many of these stories in the valley? Home, Sweet Home, I gotta get out. A Dea busted up a meth lab in West Hills. Great from Here's KTLA.
Speaker 11: An early morning bust on a quiet street in West Hills leads to an arrest and the discovery of an alleged drug den DA agents and swamp teams stormed the home early this morning and quickly declared it unsafe filled with hazardous materials.
Speaker 3: Carlos Sailo was live in West Hills with the latest onbat Boss and the danger to the community.
Speaker 12: Carlos Mike, there's no threat to the public, but the home has since been read tagged and tonight the homeowner is accused of operating a secret drug lab. Within an early morning drug bus sent federal officers walking information through this West Hills neighborhood, waking up neighbors around four am.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine getting that wake up call no.
Speaker 9: Over a loudspeaker. I think it said something people that this address come out.
Speaker 12: This alarmed resident in the twenty four thousand block of Welby Way did not want to show his face on camera, but was surprised by this show of force, which included an armored vehicle.
Speaker 9: Everyone was wearing DA agent uniforms, some police people in hazmat suits, and they're like just pulling.
Speaker 2: You never want to wake up and realize that now your neighborhood looks like breaking bad.
Speaker 9: And they're like just pulling stuff out from the inside.
Speaker 12: Neighbors say the homeowner was taken into federal custody as Drug Enforcement Administration agencies countless items after raiding the home, some seen wearing hazmat suits. A red sign posted on the door reads a clandestine laboratory for the manufacturer of illegal drugs and or hazardous chemicals. Was seized.
Speaker 9: My neighbor said they overheard the agents talking about fentanyl, that they were possibly making fentanyl inside selling it.
Speaker 12: Authorities would knock confirm any details regarding the raid, but people who live on the street describe it as a quiet, peaceful.
Speaker 2: Neighborhood, or at least it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want one of your neighbors making fentanyl and selling it.
Speaker 9: We used to live in down Tunnel A and we moved out here because we wanted to be in a good neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I have a serious question, are there any good neighborhoods left in LA?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They just call it Orange County.
Speaker 2: So it's very surprising, definitely very surprising. You know what, the best neighborhood in the valley is Burbank, not the city of Los Angeles, Bingo, So it's.
Speaker 5: Very surprising, definitely very surprising.
Speaker 12: The homeowner apparently lived there with a young daughter. Some neighbors say they would hear confrontations from time to time when he.
Speaker 2: Was this a daddy daughter project.
Speaker 9: Maybe it's weird hours and you know he's having verbal arguments in the middle of the night. It's you do wonder, but I thought he was worked in construction. It's a nice neighborhood. You don't think it's gonna happen here, but you know it's it did.
Speaker 1: Maybe he caught his daughter shorten him.
Speaker 2: We don't get high off our own supply. How many times have I told you that