Speaker 1: And very happy Tuesday to you.
Speaker 2: At twelve oh six in the West, it's the Giant Philip Show, mister Randy Weggs in Culver City.
Speaker 1: Well, John, it sure looks like the machine has found their candidate in the California governor's race as the not ready for primetime. Speaker of the Assembly, Robert Reeves announced today that he's endorsing Javier Bakeria.
Speaker 3: The Secretary of Health and Education is over.
Speaker 4: I nominated Javier Bakaria.
Speaker 2: And it looks like he's not the only ones because the bach is getting a bump.
Speaker 1: Let's see what Revis had to say in a video he shot with Bakaia. Who Bakia's new look is, Hey, I ditched the glasses for contacts.
Speaker 5: California is under threat.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, the violence are starting every day.
Speaker 5: The Trump administration is coming after our healthcare.
Speaker 1: YEP. This is totally about local issues. And they never miss an opportunity, do they?
Speaker 5: Our families, our values. There's no time to learn on the job. We need a governor who's going to be ready to fight back on day one. That's why I'm proud to endorse Javier Vassera for governor.
Speaker 1: As a US Oh we had a swell into drums. The people who produce these videos are the biggest hacks in the industry, and they charged them of fortune to do it.
Speaker 5: As US Health Secretary, he expanded healthcare coverage. As California's attorney general, he sued the Trump administration one hundred and twenty two times.
Speaker 1: Woo, it is all about Donald Trump. Yep.
Speaker 5: He defended Obamacare, he defended our dreamers, he defended working people, and he won.
Speaker 1: Did he prosecute anybody? Yeah? How's crime doing in California? And he won?
Speaker 5: Thirty years of leadership, millions of California protected and defended.
Speaker 1: We have a strong What did he accomplish in his twenty years in Congress?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Nobody knows. Why did Nancy Pelosi hate him?
Speaker 5: We have a strong democratic field for governor, but right now we.
Speaker 1: Need fact check define strong.
Speaker 2: There are pieces in just about every national publication about what a train wreck this field is.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know how you can say this.
Speaker 5: We have a strong democratic field when.
Speaker 1: Up until a week and a half ago, the front runner is an accused rapist.
Speaker 5: We have a strong democratic field for governor, but right now we need someone ready on day one Javier Bassera.
Speaker 6: Is that leader, mister speaker, thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh he's in the spot too.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, well, if he's going to be given all this love, he might as well be there to accept it.
Speaker 1: But this is Besarah two point zero because he doesn't have glasses on.
Speaker 6: Mister speaker, thank you. Like so many Californians, you and I come from immigrant families.
Speaker 1: We have lived. Has there been one even iota of California issues in this ad?
Speaker 2: Go back to that original interview that he did with Alex Michaelson where he was woefully unprepared to talk about any California subjects.
Speaker 1: This guy doesn't know the basics.
Speaker 7: Scrub it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter, though. It doesn't matter that he doesn't know anything, or he doesn't really have a track record, or that he you know, Nancy Pelozzi thinks he's a joke. He'll play nice, and Katie Porter and Tom Steyer won't, so they need somebody to play nice. That is true. We have lived the California dream. It's not going to be mayhe Mayheen won't play nice. He went against them on thirty six. They don't like him, No, they don't.
Speaker 6: We have lived the California dream, the same dream that's under attack by Donald Trump and his cronies. There's not a moment to lose.
Speaker 1: As governor.
Speaker 6: I will be ready on day one to bring down costs and to defend.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you're hearing that clipping, it's because in the ad that they produced, but Sarah is speaking so much louder than Revus it actually overblows the microphone.
Speaker 6: And to defend everything we love about California.
Speaker 1: So let's get to work there, you go. Revus endorses Besera, and neither one of them want to talk about any issues facing California. Scrub it.
Speaker 2: Scrub it eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. Well, despite the fact that he doesn't seem to know much about the state of California, Javier Bakaria is seeing a boost in the polls.
Speaker 1: First we saw that Paul that was commission by Inside California Politics, that poll which actually qualified Bisera for the debate tomorrow that's going to be on KTLA in southern California and cron for in the Bay Area and Fox forty in Sacramento. Now we have the third version of the poll that was commissioned by the California Democratic Party to kick all the other candidates out, and Bakaria's got to bump in that one too. For more, here's ABC ten in Sacramento.
Speaker 8: New pole you mentioned today from the California Democratic Party shows former US Secretary of State in California Attorney General Javier Bassea was he.
Speaker 1: Secretary of state? That's not what Biden said. That's also not what the job was for Secretary of Health and Education?
Speaker 9: Is over?
Speaker 8: I nominated Javier Bakaria.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows what job this guy had. There is so much confusion going on right now in this state.
Speaker 8: Former US Secretary of State inn Nope.
Speaker 1: You're not even warm. Well. The people over at ABC ten are probably worried that if that tang in next our merger happens, that they're all losing their jobs, so they might be a little stressed. The robots won't get that wrong.
Speaker 8: State and California Attorney General Javier Bassera got the largest bump following Eric Swalwell's resignation, and that wasn't the only change the California I love it.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows what Bessarah did in the Biden administration. Nobody, what does that tell you about him?
Speaker 8: The California Democratic Party published a poll earlier this month after surveying likely California voters at the time. It showed the two leading Republican candidates, Steve Hilton and Chad Bianco, tied for first at fourteen percent each, with then Congressman Eric Swalwell leading the des with twelve percent.
Speaker 2: I'll have times have changed. I wonder what he's up to these days. Has anyone seen him? He's not at Steve Klubeck's house anymore.
Speaker 1: Noop.
Speaker 8: Since then, President Trump announced his endorsement of Hilton, and the California Republican Party declined to endorse a candidate at their convention for the crowd.
Speaker 1: Their convention did the same thing that Democrat convention did, where the delegates said, now we can't get to a consensus here, we'll take a pass.
Speaker 8: For the crowded Democratic field.
Speaker 4: Certainly, the race was in many ways sort of reset two weeks ago.
Speaker 8: That's Rusty Hicks, Chair of the California.
Speaker 2: He sounds like a robot two. Can we play that up against robot Barbara Ferrara, Let's see yes, I can do that. Let's see Ferrara. So I have to got a Ferrara robot and I have to find it. There we go.
Speaker 1: So here is Here is Rusty Hicks from the californ Democratic Party.
Speaker 4: Certainly the race was in many ways sort of reset two weeks ago, and here is Babs.
Speaker 1: I don't like wearing a mask.
Speaker 4: I find it annoying.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you. Maybe the robots have already taken over.
Speaker 4: Certainly, the race was in many ways sort of reset two weeks ago.
Speaker 8: That's Rusty Hicks, chair of them.
Speaker 2: But even two weeks ago, it's like a week and a half ago. Boy, time flies by.
Speaker 8: That's Rusty.
Speaker 1: I feel like we've been talking about this governor's race for three years.
Speaker 8: That's Rusty Hicks, chair of the California Democratic Party, talking about Eric Swalwell dropping out of the race and resigning from Congress amid serious accusations of sexual assault and harassment, which Swalwell has denied. Hick spoke with journalists Monday after the party released their newest poll, apparently showing Trump's endorsement of Hilton moving the needle. He now leads with sixteen percent. His fellow Republican room at fourteen percent and with swallwell out of the race. Javier Baseerra jumped nine percentage points to thirteen percent.
Speaker 1: The Besserah bump.
Speaker 2: Nine to thirteen However, what's most important about this poll is that it has both of the Republicans in first and second place, which means the Democrats haven't gotten gotten out of the way of their problem.
Speaker 1: Well almost, I believe in this poll Hilton's in first, but Bianco is tied with Stire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it doesn't matter which pole you look at. Republicans are within the margin of era first and second, and all of them still.
Speaker 8: After previously polling in the single digits.
Speaker 4: And is now tied for third with Tom Steyer. And finally, more voters are tuning in are beginning to tune into the race for governor, as the undecided rate has fallen from twenty four percent to twenty percent.
Speaker 2: Boy, he is just a whole lot of enthusiasm. He must be fun at a party.
Speaker 4: All of these are positive signs for ensuring that a strong Democrat moves into the general election.
Speaker 1: But it seems like Rusty could use some WD forty, some B twelve.
Speaker 4: All of these are positive signs for ensuring that a strong Democrat moves into the general election. But in my view, it's not enough and our work is not done.
Speaker 1: Okay, so who you going after next? Okay? Betty Yee gets some virtually nothing.
Speaker 2: Think about this. She was pulling at what one percent? Yes, okay, she was raising and spending no money. I don't believe I ever saw a Betty Yee commercial on television.
Speaker 1: Did you? She had one commercial that came out about a week and a half ago, and I know because they premiered it on an interview that she did with Marletteis on the Fox local stream where it was a bunch of kids saying we like Betty Yee.
Speaker 2: Okay, I understand that she made them, but did you actually see it on television outside of that one news report that they didn't pay for.
Speaker 1: I don't think they did a media buye very expensive.
Speaker 2: And she has virtually no name ID, which means whoever is being polled who says they're voting for Betty Yee is voting for her for one of two reasons. One, they can identify that she's a female, and there are certain voters out there, particularly Democratic women, who always vote for the female and she has an obviously Asian name, her name will still be appearing on the ballot, which means, if she's actively campaigning or not, she's going to receive one percent, and it's going to come from people who want to vote for a woman or want to vote for an Asian.
Speaker 1: It's funny, so her drop what's that? It's funny that you say that, because yesterday when Betty E dropped out before the announcement, she sat down with our friend Julie Watts of CBS News Investigates and she kind of went after the Asians for not supporting her.
Speaker 2: But whatever vote she gets, that's why she's getting it, which means, whether she's actively campaigning or not, that one percent is still going in her column. So this doesn't get Rusty Hicks out of his problem. He needs someone with more support to drop out.
Speaker 1: She also said that she had commissioned polls and they found that issues like competency and experience nobody cared about in this race. Yeah, well, welcome to the party.
Speaker 8: He repeated his call for low polling Democrats to drop out, applauding.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's get thermined out with his less than one percent.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna be the same thing with less than one percent, He's still gonna get less than one percent, whether he's campaigning or not.
Speaker 1: At this point, the knives are coming out for either Katie or Stuff and Steyer's got a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Oh, the next hit is coming for our girl someday, any day is gonna happen.
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 2: Because if you take her out of the picture, that frees up ten percent of the electorate consisting entirely of angry.
Speaker 8: Karen's applauding Betty Yee for her decision to drop out of the race Monday.
Speaker 4: I commend her leadership and her commitment to California.
Speaker 1: And I hope I thought when she dropped out, every single candidate writes this lovely thing about how great and competent and wonderful she is in a policy wonk, and nobody's supported her.
Speaker 4: Nope, And I hope other candidates will consider her example because the reality is that there are sixty candidates on the ballot.
Speaker 1: There are, that is true. Actually it's sixty one.
Speaker 2: And again, just because they're not actively campaigning doesn't mean they won't appear on the ballot. Betty Yee will be on the ballot. Eric Swalwell will be on the ballot.
Speaker 4: There are still two primary Republicans and now six primary Democrats.
Speaker 8: Ye's announcement was an emotional one, citing a lack of finances and.
Speaker 4: Support this journey.
Speaker 8: It is ending today that I work will not end.
Speaker 1: As for the the d Lulu finally ended in reality set in that it was never going to happen for Betty Yee.
Speaker 2: Well, what's wild is it was always in the cards for one of the candidates in the single digits to start doing better. It looks like that candidate is going to be Besarah, but she had as good a chance as any of them as being that person.
Speaker 8: As for the remaining candidates, expect to see more ads in this race as the dollars roll in.
Speaker 1: How can we even have more ads? Every spot in a break is dire? What's going to happen to flow from progress.
Speaker 8: V The latest numbers from the Secretary of State's office show billionaire Tom Steyer remains the top fundraiser, mostly his own money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't count, that is not fundraising. No, that is entirely his own money. Do you see the Bernie people endorse stire of course, the people who believe that being a millionaire should be illegal a billionaire. Excuse me get behind the billionaire, followed.
Speaker 8: By San Jose Mayor, Matt Mayhon and Hilton.
Speaker 1: Jim Cooper just endorsed mayhean that's not going to get him anything.
Speaker 8: Yep, but Bossea is gaming ground on rivals here. His rate of overall fundraising is growing faster than almost everyone in the field, trailing only stier.
Speaker 2: Candidates are beginning to spend way Via Gosa hasn't even gott to mention in this story. No boy, they disrespected him.
Speaker 4: Candidates are beginning to spend their resources, and voters are beginning to pay attention and new in different ways.
Speaker 1: They're paying attention because of the sex scandal. Oh yeah, people are interested in that now.
Speaker 8: At this point in the race, candidates' names will remain on the ballots even if they drop out. That means voters will see Ye's and Swalwell's names. Democratic Party leaders say they're working to educate voters on who has dropped out Alex.
Speaker 1: All right, Becky, what are they going to have put out a mailer? Hey, just so you know, Swalwell's an accused rapists.
Speaker 2: Right next to a bunch of cute ponds for Del Taco. All right, we know that there are a bunch of debates that will be taking place soon, including one next week that Randy and I are going to that'll be in Claremont.
Speaker 1: So here's our question to you.
Speaker 2: At eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two, if you are given the opportunity to ask a question to any of the candidates at one of these upcoming debates, what be you can ask that question to any of the Republicans Steve Hiltner, Chad Bianco, You could ask your question to any of the Democrats Steyer, Porter besserah Vira Gosa, Mayhan Thurmann. It could be a question that you generally have interested in the answer. You want to know what they would do on issue X, or maybe it has to do with their character or temperament, and you want to know if they're fit to be governor of California.
Speaker 1: You're out of my shot. Hint, hint.
Speaker 2: Kind of calls you want here, Johnny, what question would you ask the candidates if given the opportunity at one of the upcoming debates eight hundred two two two five two two two one, eight hundred two two two five two two two, eight hundred two two two five two two two is a telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. A bunch of debates will be coming a with all of the candidates for governor appearing on stage. If you had the opportunity to ask a question to any of them, what would it be? Eight hundred two two two five two two two one, eight hundred two two two five two two two, eight hundred two two two five two two two easy jellphone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com and Randy ere monitoring In the mail bag, Kevin writes in at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com With a question for a candidate, I would ask Katie Porter the following, can you smell what the rock is cooking?
Speaker 5: You can smell right how.
Speaker 2: That would be an interesting question from one Dwayne the Rock Johnson and Randy If you were to go back into the vault and listen to a past episode on Katie Porter. That's easy to do.
Speaker 1: Oh, why would you ever want to do that? He Search for the John Phillips Show. Wherever you get your podcasts please, whether it's the Apple podcast app, Little d iHeart no Spotify, search for the John Phillip Show, hit subscribe to get download all the episodes. You call it the shift gift. Do you do a Google on the YouTube?
Speaker 3: Out of my shot?
Speaker 1: You can get the free KABC app.
Speaker 10: Sorry for the noise, I'm cutting carrots, the.
Speaker 1: Free Casifo app. I'm pulling in to the bakery, the KMG now app because we're on that station Saturdays at noon. You can smell it right here, she's smelling the agriculture. There are so many different ways to listen live to this show and download all the podcasts.
Speaker 11: Winter Winter Chicken Dinner.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: If you were given the opportunity to ask a question any of the candidates in one of the upcoming debates, what would it be? Eight hundred two two two five two two two. Let's begin with Randy and Mission via ho Randy, Hello.
Speaker 11: Good afternoon. I would ask the candidates if they presently support top thirteen and if they will continue to defend a tax on Prop thirteen for everyone, including seniors and Republicans.
Speaker 2: That is a very interesting question because Tom Steyer has put the split role at the top of his to do list. He says that if he gets elected that that's one of the first things he will do as governor. He'll call for a special election, and he wants to blow up half of Proposition thirteen.
Speaker 1: Now, there's only one reason to do that.
Speaker 2: You blow up half of it so you can go get the second half later. Because the people who hate Prop thirteen hate all of it, they don't hate portions of it. I would imagine that many on the Democratic side of the aisle believe the same way as him, maybe all of them except Matt Maye Hand and potentially Antonio Viragosa. I would assume that both Republican candidates support Prop thirteen, but that's just an assumption. I would love to get them on the record. So that's an excellent question.
Speaker 11: Pull their toes to the fire.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you for the call, sir. Let's go to Caleb in Rancho Cucamonga. Caleb, Hello, all.
Speaker 12: Right, I'd like to ask both the Republican candidates how they plan to get their economic agenda past all those crazy people in Sacramento.
Speaker 2: That's a very good question, because the state legislature would likely still be controlled by super majorities in both the Assembly and the Senate. They clearly don't see the world the same way as either Republican So how is it that you would govern when you have a hostile legislature who can override your vetos.
Speaker 12: And they can kick them out if they don't like their vetos, they can expel them like they're trying with Trump.
Speaker 2: My guess, and this is just a guess. Again, this would be an excellent question to ask the candidates. Wou'd be that the Republicans would look for moderate Democrats in the mold of Matt Mahon, and they would try to come up with a governing majority that would allow them to get at least some of their agenda through. If you go back to Alaska politics, for example, that's what Sarah Palin did. Even though Alaska is a Republican state, there were two factions of Republicans. There was the Old Guard, the establishment, and there was the New Guard, the reformers. And what she did was she peeled off some of the reformer Republicans and the Democrats and created a governing majority. And that's how she ruled in Alaska. And that really upset the Republican machine because she didn't have to go through them to get her agenda through. She just went around them by creating her own coalition. All right, thank you for the call, sir. Let's go to Robert in San Jose.
Speaker 7: Robert, Hello, Yeah, I'd like to ask stire what his logic is behind making grocery stores suffer and all these you know, commercial property owners suffer. I mean these that confiscatory is mundonniy we were, you know, but I'd ask him straight to his face, what's his logic. He seems like a scarcity oligarch creator who's fully arrogant. The guy is insane. And when he's not helping anybody, we're trying to hold onto our homes here, you know. And this this mind virus of taxing property is just getting way past what the bill of rights, you know, the Madisonian tradition of himinent domain. We should all be fairly compensated not to seize our property, and we can't have seized just by taxing too. That's just this is this is crazy, But he seems like he's all in on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what does he think that going to do to inflation? If all of a sudden, every mom and pop shop, every convenience store, every place where commerce is commenced, if they suddenly have to start paying property taxes on property that they own, above and beyond what Prop thirteen sets it at. What does he think is going to happen to prices? Prices are going to go through the roof. And you look at let's just say jewelry stores, for example. How often do jewelry stores make the blotter because they get robbed and then we find out they have no insurance. So whatever it is that's stolen from their store is just something that no longer exists, and they're not compensated for it. What are they paying an insurance? The ones that do have insurance, it just goes through the roof. Every time they get a new policy, it goes up and up and up and up and up. They can barely hang on as it is. If all of a sudden, you're going to at their property taxes up too. I don't see how you expect these stores to hang on.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, you like inflation actually infects the insurance market. It's already matched out. You know, every policy. I don't know why they don't want to get rid of the infectors in the economy. So you could gauge a million people on let's say a healthcare plan. That policy is a lot cheaper or helping the hell the homeless policy? Which would it is the allotment that you put to this, it has to be a lot smaller amount. If you get rid of inflation, you can actually offer it. But he wants to create inflation. He doesn't make any sense. He's not he wants to do all these good things, but he's uh, you know, conflict of interest as far as you know, inflating the cost of every one of these things up, you know. So you know, I think we're gonna.
Speaker 2: I'll also say this, and I don't want to knock anyone's profession because we all do what we do. We all pay taxes, we all have to pay our mortgage, we all have to pay our bills. There's a difference between creating something. If you own a widget factory, or you have a tire shop, or you create something for someone I don't know what it is. You beanie babies on the Internet, whatever it is, you provide a service for someone else and something is created based off of your labor. What Tom Steyer did to make his money was just moving money around. And there seems to be a difference in the attitudes that people have when they make a gazillion dollars moving money around as opposed to creating something. If you create something, you have to deal with regulations, You have to deal with insurance, you have to deal with crime, you have to deal with regulation and electeds and all of that. And if all you're doing is sitting in front of a laptop computer and you're clicking buttons and you're moving money around, Yeah, you can make a ton of money if the stock market is going in the right direction and you have enough money to play with, Oh boy, can you make it rain. But that doesn't necessarily mean you understand how the world works. That doesn't mean you can sympathize, and you can I don't know even just comprehend what a small business owner is going through on a daily basis. And I really get the impression that that man is clueless. But he thinks that because he made a billion dollars he's brilliant when in reality he has no idea what's going on in this state. Let's not forget Randy who was it? Was it the interview with Ashley Zuvala when he was asked what grade would you give Gavin Newsom? And his answer was, oh, I haven't paid enough attention to it to give it an answer to that question.
Speaker 1: I haven't really even following it. And he wants the job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's go to Stuart in CLB.
Speaker 13: Stuart, Hello, thank you John Ran for taking my call. I'd like to have a quick roarsoch test of the Democratic candidates to see who's far off the complete radar of sanity. So I would ask them who a the Democrats would continue the policy of Gavin Newsom paying for transgendered surgeries of criminals imprison and illegal aliens. That would be the question to determine the sanity of each of them.
Speaker 2: That would certainly be an interesting question. My guess is all of the Democrats except for Mayhan or via Regosa would say yes. Via Regosa and Mayhan would say no, and both Republicans would say no. But maybe this is the new plank of the Democratic Party. It's the update to the old ways of doing business. When first it was a chicken in every pot, then it was a car in every garage, and now it's to Richard for every illegal alien.
Speaker 7: Oh boy, one.
Speaker 13: Other point, quickly, if ben Yee is not running anymore, can Kanye West, who's also known as Ye take her spot, because being a bipolar anti Semite might be a winning formula for the Democrats.
Speaker 1: They switch.
Speaker 13: Huh the Ye switch.
Speaker 1: It could happen. Thank you for the call, sir. This man what the rock is eight hundred two two two five two two two? He is a jellphone number? What eight hundred two two two five two two two The.
Speaker 2: Fixed California hour coming up after the news at one Fox News is Trace Gallagher Joints y, So make sure you stick around with that. Let's go back to the phones and welcome Craig in Los Gatos.
Speaker 14: Craig, Hello, Hey, John, I've been content our trying to contact Hilton's campaign because they're missing as teachers. I'm a teacher and the unions have just totally thrown the ball in on this one because the fraudulent behavior here in the state is taking so many millions out of the general fund, which means that they can offer less for the districts. Now, if that were included, then they can give more to the districts. They may not have to close all the schools. Teachers, more importantly, could be offered maybe a percentage more in their salary offerings. And instead, what we're doing, we're telling the parents. And I object to this telling parents it is in their court to pay more property tax. We even used to have to call them to pass bonds. And I'm going, wait a minute, it's not the parents, it's the fraudulent behavior. But when you contact your local state rep here in California, they will not, I repeat, not even comment on the whole issue of the fraudulent behavior. They figured that we're just going to raise property tax to replace the money that's being taken out of the general fund because of the you know, it was even on a local channel here with the ghost students, et cetera, et cetera, the hospices. You know, it just goes on and on. But they're missing out on the teachers. That's the part that I just don't understand. I've called my union and saying, why aren't you telling the rest of the you know, the teachers to start calling their reps and asking for more accountability, which means more money in the general fund, which means more money for teachers. It's a it's such a no brainer.
Speaker 2: I think the working assumption and I'm just making the job, but I think their assumption is that the waste, fraud and abuse is going to the right people, and if you actually blew the whistle on it, it would be friendly fire.
Speaker 14: I agree with that. There has to be a reason why they won't tackle it. You know, you're totally right. It's going into spots that benefits some of them and they don't want to touch it. You're right, all right.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the call, sir, We appreciate it. Let's go to Randy Admission Viejo Randy, Hello.
Speaker 11: Hello, I was calling to see if any of the governors would defund California high speed rail, veto it, if they want to spend more money on it, to see if we who's really still behind high speed rail?
Speaker 14: Here?
Speaker 2: What's wild and this was before Mayhan got into the rays, but what was wild was many of the Democratic candidates had essentially the position that you just outlined as the official position, and then they went in front of the unions in the Central Valley and they changed course and the answer became, Yeah, I want to keep high speed rail, but the way to get away from all the fraud is to put me in charge. And if I was in charge, this project would actually get done. And that's the position that they took, which, of course is bunk because if Jerry Brown is smarter than all of them, Gavin Newsom is probably smarter than all of them, they couldn't get it done. If they can't get it done, how can the tallest building in Omaha get it done.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we're just throwing good money after bad on that deal.
Speaker 1: That was a job to begin with, no question about it. Thank you for the call, sir. Let's go to Frank in Redwood City.
Speaker 3: Frank, Hello, Hey, Just two questions I want to ask the candidates. One is, what would you do different than Gavin Newsom has done? And as far as tax all the legal immigrants coming into the country, how would you answer that without trying to blame Donald Trump? And the second question I would ask is do you support the Nick Shirley Act and why would you support it if he's trying to locate fraud and help with eliminating fraud. Those are my two questions. I asked the candidates, Well.
Speaker 2: What you're asking for is the impossible, which is to get them to talk about California without referencing Donald Trump. And they can't do that because if they were to only talk about California, it would be a bad look because of the pottery barn rule of politics. You broke it, you bought it. They broke it. They don't know how to fix it. So let's talk about Donald Trump instead. Thank you for the calls here, all right, thank you. Let's go to John and San Jose. John, Hello, Hey, John, Hey Randy.
Speaker 9: My question would be to Steve Hilton and they would go as follows. During your time at Fox, have you ever spent time in a hot tub with Greg Gutfeld and Larry Kudlow? And the follow up question might be how come I wasn't invited?
Speaker 2: All right, thank you for the call, sir, We appreciate it, and thank you for not including Caitlin Jenner. Let's go to Cynthia in San Francisco. Cynthia, Hello, Hey.
Speaker 10: Good morning, good afternoon. Thanks for taking my call. Okay, So I listened to Steyer his first thing is just what you said. He wants to get rid of Prop thirteen. And then I believe the second thing he said was universal healthcare. He wants everyone on the same health plan that they put us on. I want to know if he and his family are going to be on the same health plan that they put all of us on. That's my question.
Speaker 2: That's a very good question, because if government run health in California goes as I expected to, none of us are going to make it to sixty.
Speaker 10: No, you're exactly right. Am I going to see them in my emergency room?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I don't think so. So I want to know. And a lot of them say it, you know, we all need this one pay healthcare. We're all going to be on it. We're all going to be good, take care of all the legals and illegals. But nobody asks them, are you going to be on the same one that I'm on? That's what I want to know, and I know the answer.
Speaker 2: That's the whole beauty of having private health insurance. If you make enough money and you have a good enough plan, you can get out of many ailments. And let's face it, we live in a world where we have access to just about anything. And the point for me for getting rich, if I ever get there, is so that I can eat and drink whatever I want. Because if I can eat and drink whatever I want, and you finally get to a point where your body starts to fail, you, well who cares. You can buy a liver from China, and you can get one of those baboon hearts here too, right right, And.
Speaker 10: I pay a lot of money to have a ppo so I can go when I want, see whomever I want. And they said you couldn't even do that. It's going to be all just like that. That saying goes knock knock, who's there? It's the government. I'm here to help. No anything the government touches seems to go dous.
Speaker 1: So that all right, Thank you for the call. We appreciate it.