Speaker 1: A beautiful afternoon in San Francisco, the Giants and the Rockies, and Logan web makes the start for the Giants. The Giants ace and they need a stop job here today against the Colorado Rockies with me Tony Bitello, Giants manager and Tony Logan web Man. He's come up big so many times in games that the Giants really needed, even thoughse didn't always end up being wins. But what is it about him? Is it his competitive nature? Is he's just that good or does he a little bit of both and rises to the occasion.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Vince Lombardi talked about you got to compete from your feet all the way up to your head, and that involves your heart, in your head and any other body parts you want to throw out there. And I think that's the definition of Webby. But at the end of the day, it's a really good arm. He's got experienced ball moves all over the place. But I think his brain is his best weapon. He's really intelligent, he's really competitive, he's poised, and on a day like today, like you're referring to, he kind of knows how the deck is stacked and you need a good effort out of your guy, and more times than not he's been able to do that. And again I think his arsenal helps and all the other attributes, but I think overall he's incredibly talented as it relates to his mindset and just his brain in general.
Speaker 1: Now, today, for the giants, Williadamas and not in there, and Williadamas might not be in there for a few days. What's the latest proagnosis with Lillly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think as of yesterday the label was kind of more day to day, and I think it's fair to keep that label. But day to day for us should today be not active at all, a little bit active, and then eventually it be full active. So I think it's good for him to pile up a few more days of non activity, whereas last time it was only about three total days and then he got back into it real quick. I think this plan laid out is a little bit better of do analyze each day where we're at. But but for the process now, I think it's more inactive and then slowly build some activity with some practice work and then make them available for a game sometime soon.
Speaker 1: All right, So, and I know if I ask you this question, you certainly want the Rockies to figure that in a big spot you might use Willia Damas as a pinch hitter. So I'm gonna ask you anyway, if if you need him as a pinch hitter late in the game, is the available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're always guessing on the other side. Al Tuove took that ball off the foot. So we're left in here meeting before the game. All right, check Twitter? Who wants to you know, place your bets on him not being available because it can affect how you use a pitcher. I mean a lot of times we envision these pinch hit opportunities, but you bring in Eric Miller, you bring in Sam Hinches anyway. But you know, tomorrow, I think it's a possibility, with the game him on the line, we could use him as a weapon that way. But today I think it's unrealistic and it's fair to say, and I'm willing to bet the Rockies are kind of already envisioning that too.
Speaker 1: All right, and then the Giants go to Cleveland after the game of mom but then have a day off there and not another game until Tuesday night in Cleveland, so a chance to get him a nice little stretch to rest and recoup rate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a bonus day, and I mean, I give my input, it ends up being a group decision, and of course Willy being a veteran, his vote counts and he's always outspoken. I mean, he doesn't like not playing, and you got to respect and honor that. But you also got to be intelligent at some point and realize we don't need to further injure him by any means, and we also don't need to hurt the team by you know, putting him out there when he's not ready and then all of a sudden something's grabbing him. So that Monday day could really serve as an added bonus. Two complete off days on top of some other inactivity. And then in Cleveland, you know, maybe it requires a little bit of a workout day or some preparation before or he's actually thrown into the fire. But I think at the latest it makes sense that he could play against the Guardians.
Speaker 1: Giants Rockies game two of the series. More Tony Bicello next, Now, more Tony Bicello, the Giants manager. And there's a name in the lineup that we have not seen there before, and tell us about that Tony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Turner Hill. We talked about him a little bit yesterday and I was searching. I should have taken the time last night to search my list of forty guys that kind of fit the mold of that shifty, left handed hitting, good athlete in the outfield. But the bottom line is he's a player under himself. He needs to be who he is and what got him here, and what got him here was good defense, really good base running, and just a high level of quality at bats. He had a big history going. He's hit at every level he's been, so it'll be great to see what he can do. And some guys take off right away. Other guys, you know, kind of need a little bit of time to get their feet wet at this level. Either way, it'll be exciting to see him in that lineup. So the lineup does have a lot of left handed hitters against Lorenzo this year. Left have got him pretty good. And he'll make his major league debut, and I believe Drew Gilbert will make his major league debut at the leadoff spot. So, if anything, an exciting new lineup for the boys in the locker room, and hopefully it'll bring a little energy to help Webby's efforts.
Speaker 1: All right, so here we go. Turner Hill in there and his major league debut. The Giants Rockies coming up next. And that's the Tony Btello Show for today.