Speaker 1: Son is shining the giantship back into San Francisco to take on the Cincinnati Read the start of a seven game homestand I'm John Miller with Tony Viitano, Giants manager. And first off, the injury list keeps growing and yesterday a couple of your guys ended up having to be removed from the game. So let's start with Willia Damas. How is he and what happened to him yesterday? And how is he now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's good in spirits. Unfortunately physically he's going to be down with an il stint because of that elbow. It's his lead elbow, you know, on the swing, it makes it very difficult, and it was something that was completely out of his control. He makes a competitive slide into home plate, catcher's knee kind of rammed into his elbow, so's it's labeled as a sprain and then there's some other more fancy words that doctors would add to it, but essentially a sprain of the elbow. So you'd hope it's it's no more than the ten day. But I do think the I L is completely necessary.
Speaker 1: Right now, Barry Koto had to leave the game and it looked kind of sureous. He was on the ground there for a while after the fan interfered him that wall along the sidewall.
Speaker 2: What's the story with him, Yeah, so he's got, you know, basically a hyper extension of his knee, and because it's the knee area, you're always sensitive to that same thing. It's almost impossible to get around anything other than making it ten days down. So again, you hope to get him back and in a swing of things to build some confidence going into next year. If he can play at the end of the year and get back to swinging it. He's one of those guys you'd like anybody to come off the bench and perform right away, but most guys are gonna be like Barakoda. Put him in a rhythm, get him a bunch of at bats, and you'll see the true version of him show up. And I do think in the future he can really help us with the bat.
Speaker 1: Now, Bryce Albridge, the I guess the bereavement list. Is he on the bereatment list.
Speaker 2: What's the story for his grandfather? And you know, initially just being a young guy, and also it's the same for me. We had it come up earlier in the year, thought, hey, why would you not miss one day for an important event family situation. But it requires three days. So the initial plan was to miss the day. He's already on the East coast close to Virginia where he's from and where all that that has taken place today. But three days is necessary, so we'll get a bonus day with his family and make it back here on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Okay, so three guys that need to be replaced. Who are the reinforcements?
Speaker 2: Well, let's add one more.
Speaker 1: JT.
Speaker 2: Brew Baker from the dive on the bunt, you know, kind of some rib bruising there, So Brew will also be on the il due to that situation. So with all that, Walker comes up, Grant McCrae, and of course Furman's going to play second base tonight. And then Shaye wickhamb too will be added to the group.
Speaker 1: All right, now, now that's a name that we've seen these other guys that you just named earlier, what about Wickhams wickeds toast about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's a versatile infielder. You know, we claimed him and we're not the only team interested in him. Can play shortstop, is going to play third base today, capable of playing left field, got a really good balanced swing. He used to kind of have a lot of extracurricular activity going on in this swing, and I think it's it's been kind of a cut out the fat situation for him, and so that's one thing I'm excited to see is how that plays for him at this level with an efficient swing. And then the cool thing about him is he was WBC teammates with Jung hou Lee with a little bit of his background, so those two guys were excited to see each other.
Speaker 1: Today. Cincinnati Reds are here started a three game series, and we'll talk about that when Today's Tony Bicello Show continues Now more Tony by Tello and the Reds come in a team that has one of the outstanding young pitchers in the game this year, Chase Buruns. He's fourteen and two. He was on the All Star team. Can you give us a scaling reporter as to what your hitters are gonna be up against with him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I coached him in college, so all too familiar with them. And you know, lefties have always been able to handle him better than righties, but he has shored that up pretty well. So now it's righties are barely getting into him, and lefties he's holding down to a pretty good number. So when you combine those two, he's got a great record. He has thrown to change up a lot more than he did in college to help with lefties and even occasional mix into righties. But his bread and butter has always been a high v low fastball and a nasty, nasty slider that's really tough to see. It's one of those you know, Eric Miller's a little bit like this. You could tell your hitters don't swing at the slider, but they may swing because they're seeing fastball up until the last minute. So a high fastball and a hardbreaking slider down in the dirt creates a pretty good length from top to bottom of a zone that maybe isn't the strike zone, but the zone he starts to create for a hitter. So it's gonna be up to our hitter to squeeze that and sandwich that down into a smaller strike zone and try and do something with either of that fastball, which is definitely more preferable than the slider, but either or So here we go
Speaker 1: The Giants and the Cincinnati Reds And that's the Tony Biitano show for IT today