Speaker 1: Now back to Dirty Work with Copes and Depop on 104.5 FM and 680 AM, the sports leader.
Speaker 2: Dirty Work on a Tuesday evening. Adam Copeland, Depop, Danny Dunn hanging out with you. We got Giants pregame coming your way in about 20 minutes or so at 545, 645 AM. First pitch, Giants and the Cincinnati Reds. It'll be Brady Singer today. For Cincinnati, the Giants are going to send Adrian Hauser to the mound. And the news of the day for the Giants is Carson Wisenhunt lands on the injured list. He's going to need surgery, they say, on a torn UCL in his elbow. So the Giants now with 18, that was my count, right? 17, I think it's 18 now, players on the injured list. After they started yesterday with 14, put three more guys on it. And then Carson Wisenhunt today officially placed on the I.L. Spencer Bivens has been recalled.
Speaker 3: And Willie Adamas has a moderate UCL sprain in his non-throwing elbow.
Speaker 2: In his left arm, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he's going to get a second opinion on that one.
Speaker 2: Right. So initially yesterday, Tony Vitello said he thought he'd be back before the end of the year, but.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Salt to the monkey. Yeah, exactly. Why bring him back at this point, right? I mean, you're this many games under, 25 games under, 500. I mean, I know he wants to play, but he's seemingly been playing hurt for most of this year, Willie Adamas. I'm not sure what the. There's no bonus points for finishing this season even banged up. It doesn't mean much of anything, I don't think, to anybody.
Speaker 3: Would have been nice to go back-to-back 30 home runs, but yeah.
Speaker 2: He's only at 20 right now, though.
Speaker 3: Is he? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe 21, but he's only at 20, I believe. He's the first Giant to go. He's only the third Giant shortstop in San Francisco history, I think, to have back-to-back 20 homer seasons. Crawford, maybe it's 20, period. But I really did it. He had 37 and 20 back-to-back. And then Willie Adamas hit 30 last year and has 20 right now. We will get into Giants pregame in about 20 minutes or so. Do you have something else? I was going to go back into this story here that was in the grab bag, but we didn't get a chance to get into on Nicolas Cage.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: So after Nicolas Cage portrays John Madden in the upcoming biopic coming to Amazon Prime, do you think this is going to be a good movie, by the way, this Madden thing? I'm skeptical.
Speaker 3: I'm very skeptical. No, I don't actually. I think that Christian Bale will be amazing as Al Davis.
Speaker 2: They're making another Al Davis movie, right?
Speaker 3: That's under wraps, Copes, but yes. It's in development. Greg Papa might be involved.
Speaker 2: It's under wraps and you just revealed like three more things that nobody else was supposed to know?
Speaker 3: But we'll see. There might be making an Al Davis movie. But yes, I don't know if this John Madden movie on Amazon Prime when Nicolas Cage has the lead. is going to be fantastic.
Speaker 2: The title is just Madden. Now, is it supposed to be about him starting the Madden video game?
Speaker 1: It is, yes.
Speaker 2: So it's not even really about his coaching or his broadcast career.
Speaker 3: We've only seen one teaser trailer, and you see a lot of John Madden the coach, but I don't think it's going to be about that. I think it's going to be, was it Trip Hawkins, who was the CEO of EA Sports? I think John Mulaney's going to play him, and that's really what the movie's focusing on.
Speaker 2: Well, after Nicolas Cage portrays John Madden, he already has, but the movie's coming out.
Speaker 3: Chris, Thanksgiving time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what he's going to do after that? Steal the Declaration of Independence.
Speaker 2: I'm going to steal the Declaration of Independence. It's in production.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Nicolas Cage is returning for a National Treasure 3.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Bro, we got to look up again what he's... I told you, dude, he's been cranking movies like in the last three years.
Speaker 3: Oh, he cranks.
Speaker 2: He's done like 12 movies or something in.
Speaker 3: The last three years. He needs to pay off those islands he bought.
Speaker 2: He bought a private island and he lost a bunch of money, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He used to have apparently one of the greatest comic book collections ever. And then had to sell a bunch of that off, too.
Speaker 3: Oh, man.
Speaker 2: I got to see what he spent his money on.
Speaker 3: Come on, Cage.
Speaker 2: Anyways, dude, he's going to do, like, a Long Legs 2, Danny. You see that? They're, like, making all kinds of stuff with Cage. He's like, yeah, I'll just keep cranking movies out. Why not? Anyway, director John Turtletaub, is that his name?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Turtletaub.
Speaker 3: Turtletaub.
Speaker 2: Put it bluntly, it's finally real now. It's Hollywood real, meaning things could happen. Meaning that this could actually happen. Nick gets hit by a bus. There's no National Treasure 3. If I get hit by a bus, there's probably a national treasure three. Welcome to Hollywood. So let's hope Nick Cage doesn't get hit by a bus. He's saying that Cage didn't want to do it.
Speaker 3: But now that he's signed off on it, he needs the cash. There will be a national treasure three.
Speaker 2: I'm going to need the cash. Well, don't forget they set up. Do we talk in movies that you wanted a sequel to? Danny wanted a second. I've always wanted the national treasure three. First of all, Love history. Love U.S. history. Historical fiction is really fun. It's a treasure hunting movie. But the second one sets up, I think they're going aliens for the third one, right?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Well, that would be my thought. Because remember, the second one is called The President's Book of Secrets.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: And it's got all the secrets that are handed down to each president.
Speaker 3: Uh-huh.
Speaker 2: And then there's one where the president says, if you get a chance to see it. Remember, he has to kidnap the president at one point. He says, tell me what's on page 110 or whatever. Because, like, nobody knows.
Speaker 3: He can't have the president in the second one?
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, at a party. Like, he takes him down to a tunnel. I kind of remember that, yeah. Because he has to ask him questions.
Speaker 3: I watched his movies during COVID, and I was like, these are pretty good. They hold up.
Speaker 2: I think they hold up, dude. By the way, you get some Ed Harris in the first one, too.
Speaker 3: You get Ed Harris. Harvey Keitel.
Speaker 2: Keitel's in there, too.
Speaker 1: He plays..
Speaker 3: So, all of them coming back?
Speaker 2: Keitel's in there. I think Voight's in it, too. I think Voight plays Nick Cage's dad.
Speaker 3: Okay, Keitel's with us still. Ed Harris is. We played his audio a couple weeks ago. Dude, do we have that Ed Harris sound for a couple weeks ago, Danny? Because he was real pissed. He's in that spinoff show, Dutton Ranch. Yeah, but he was real pissed about how he was used. He's on the red carpet promoting the movie. He's like, yeah, that piece of crap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like, dude, this is not what I thought it was going to be. Anyway, dude, it's got a good cast, yeah. I don't know the actual actor's name. Doug from The Hangover?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes. The least important.
Speaker 2: Character in The Hangover?
Speaker 3: I remember him, yeah.
Speaker 2: What it's all about, but he's not in it.
Speaker 3: He's like the sidekick. He's like the, you know, the comedic relief.
Speaker 2: He's like the smartass who helps him steal the Declaration of Independence.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if, I've always wondered what path would they go with, what information is being held on that book. I've always thought, ooh, I bet it's an alien thing, but who knows?
Speaker 3: So they're going like..
Speaker 2: I'm not saying they're going that path. I just always assume because the president doesn't know and there's like a missing page, something like that.
Speaker 3: Like an Area 51 thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you this.
Speaker 2: I've got to steal the giant aliens. Get me the f * * * out of here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: I was pissed about that show.
Speaker 3: I would say this. I hope they don't go that route because I hated when they did it in Indiana Jones with the aliens. I was like, come on. What are we doing here?
Speaker 2: You mean the fourth Indiana Jones?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the crystal skull?
Speaker 3: The Shia LaBeouf Indiana Jones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude.
Speaker 2: The kingdom of the crystal skull.
Speaker 3: Not a fan of that one.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Not a fan of the newest one either. Oh, dude.
Speaker 2: I didn't even bother.
Speaker 3: Danny, did you see it?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't watch it.
Speaker 1: Oh, man.
Speaker 3: I was the only idiot to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that thing came in a way.
Speaker 3: Where they did a de-aging of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones.
Speaker 2: Better de-aged actor, Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones or.
Speaker 3: Robert De Niro in The Irishman, dude.
Speaker 2: He's like, I hear you paint houses. He's like limping over there.
Speaker 3: Oh, so yeah, he wants to beat up the guy that owns the flower shop that was rude to his kid. And he's like, can we get over here?
Speaker 2: Get over here. It's not a good look.
Speaker 3: It's not a good look. I mean, that's an okay movie, but the de-aging is horrible in it. So I'd probably go Harrison Ford, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't see it at all. And I don't think it got good reviews.
Speaker 3: But it's not a better movie. The Irishman's a better movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Could have used an edit.
Speaker 3: Could have used an edit, yes. No one's telling Scorsese, cut that. He's got final cut in all of his movies now.
Speaker 2: If it gets to four, somebody should tell him. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I mean, it was damn near close. I thought it was a four-hour movie.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: It's three hours. What's the newest one that came out? What's the newest one that came out with Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro? Kills of the Flower Moon.
Speaker 2: Oh, right.
Speaker 3: That one's almost four hours long.
Speaker 2: Did you see that?
Speaker 3: I saw it in theaters. Good.
Speaker 4: Long.
Speaker 2: How many bathroom breaks are acceptable in a four-hour flick in theaters?
Speaker 3: As many as you want.
Speaker 2: More than one an hour.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, yeah.
Speaker 2: Once I'm sucking down that 20-ounce Pepsi.
Speaker 3: How are you in movie theaters? Because, like you said last week, that you go to the bathroom quite frequently for concerts.
Speaker 2: All right, you have to remind everybody. You're bringing up old dips. Don't worry about my answers in the dips two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: How often do you go to the bathroom during a movie theater?
Speaker 2: I'll go. Yeah, I'll go.
Speaker 3: All right. Fair enough.
Speaker 2: I try to time it, but I'll go.
Speaker 3: I won't pry too much.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: Sensitive topic. Not too sensitive.
Speaker 2: I pointed that out. I was like, oh, man, I'm terrified. This is about where we have to, like, when I said when I go to a concert or I go somewhere new, I always identify where the bathroom is first. How long is my route to said bathroom?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I'm not really tripping on it in a movie theater. Now, if you go to, like, the Metreon, they have, like, one bathroom, and sometimes you're, I hate, sometimes your theater's, like, all the way down to the end of a hall somewhere, so you gotta walk pretty far. But, you know, whatever.
Speaker 3: Well, the bad thing is, like, when you go during a movie, you have to come back and ask your friend, like, hey, so what happened here?
Speaker 2: I never trust it.
Speaker 3: You never trust it?
Speaker 2: I try to. I'm pretty good at timing. Like, if there's an action movie going on, like, I went to the bathroom during Spider-Man, Dan, but I waited until an action scene. I was like, there's just going to be a bunch of stuff blowing up. Like, nothing's going to move the story that way. Yeah, but not a lot's going to move. I've seen Spider-Man throw a bus or whatever. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Oh, come on.
Speaker 2: I've seen some bugs get caught in the web. You know what I mean? My point is, like, later in the movie, you're like, all right, it's an action sequence here. This isn't going to advance the story. I'm not going to miss out on much.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what was a great..
Speaker 2: That's my theory.
Speaker 3: You know what was a great app back in the day? So Jordan Palmer, who's the younger brother of Carson Palmer, backup quarterback with Cincinnati Bengals, he made an app that told you the perfect time to go pee during a movie.
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: And I'm surprised it never caught on, but he made it.
Speaker 2: Is it still around? I hope it is. Movie pee app.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: He said if you have to go to the bathroom in a movie, but you're not supposed to have your phone out. So how do you know?
Speaker 3: But if you have to pee, you look, glance at your phone.
Speaker 2: The whole thing backwards.
Speaker 3: No, you know. You know ahead of time. You look at the movie, you see, like, at this time, at this duration in the film, I'm headed to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: So you're just watching your watch the whole time. You're like, all right, if I got to go now, 29 minutes, that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess there is some flaws with it, but either way, it's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe stick to backing up quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 2: 808-KMDR is the number to call and text. We'll take a quick break. When we come on back, some of the best sounds from across the sports world you might have missed in the Dirty Works Sound Soiree. And today, it features Klay Thompson. Have you heard about this? The first ever black woman, black owner in Major League Baseball, Kwanza Jones.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Her expectations for the team. Yeah, for the Padres. Khalil Mack checked in on part of my take, and Tony Romo had some thoughts about Dolly Parton. You'll hear all that in the Sound Soiree next on the Sports Leader.
Speaker 1: Time for Dirty Work to put the show to bed.
Speaker 2: Are you crazy?
Speaker 3: I don't need a bed.
Speaker 1: On The Sports Leader.
Speaker 3: Now you will go to sleep or I will put you to sleep.
Speaker 2: Dirty Work putting the show to bed on a Tuesday evening. Adam Copeland, D-Pop, Danny Dunn with you. We'll be back tomorrow at, well, after the Giants day game, 1245 first pitch Giants and the Reds tomorrow. So we'll be on after the game until 6 o'clock Thursday. We've got a Niner pregame for their final preseason tilt against the Raiders. Myself and John Dickinson over on KMBR 1050 starting at 2 o'clock. But you'll get Derek and Rick Tittle right here on Dirty Work starting at 2 o'clock too until 545 when Giants pregame starts on Thursday. And then Friday we'll be at the ballpark.
Speaker 3: Can I win three dips in a row? We'll find out Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but only two so far against me. Wow, that's tough. I don't like that at all.
Speaker 3: Danny, you ready to come up with new questions already? That's a yes.
Speaker 2: That's a yes. We should remind everybody, by the way, that our KNBR 49er roundtable is going down at Almanac Adventureland in Alameda on Thursday, September the 10th. Starting at 10 a.m., John Lunder, go from 10 until 2. And then, excuse me, 10 until noon. And then from noon until 12.30... All the KBR shows plus Kruger will be live at Almanac Adventureland.
Speaker 3: Is he confirmed?
Speaker 2: If there's room at the table, I'm going to sit down.
Speaker 3: Make me some room.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll be there taking you up until 2.30 when pregame gets going for the Niners and the Rams in Australia. And then JD and I will take over for pregame. We'll have the Niner game. We'll have a big watch party. We'll have some fun. Then we'll do postgame after the game. Hope to see everybody out there on Thursday, September 10th, 10 a.m. John Lund goes live all the way through the 49er game and Niner postgame right here On the sports leader.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: By the way, we found that app where... Who was it?
Speaker 1: Jordan Palmer.
Speaker 2: Jordan Palmer. Carson Palmer's little brother.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Developed an app. It's still in existence. It's called..
Speaker 3: Run P?
Speaker 2: The Run P app.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: What it is is it tells you the perfect time in a movie that you can run to go pee without missing too much. And then I guess when you're in the... the bathroom it on your way back it gives you a little update of what you've missed in the.
Speaker 3: Movie that's that's that's very helpful it's.
Speaker 2: Got 500 reviews on on the iphone app store i'll just give you one of the five star reviews from february of this year this is from brandon 26 he writes a valuable.
Speaker 3: Service i would say so he says.
Speaker 2: Uh this has been a valuable companion app when i go to the theater okay the p timer notifications for when i head to the loo It has the P-timer notifications for when to head to the loo, along with a summary that I can read on my way back. Help me and my pea-sized bladder make it through a movie without missing too much.
Speaker 3: Well, there you go.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Thank you for this wonderful app.
Speaker 3: I hope that us talking about this app on this platform gives more... More downloads. This is great advice and more.
Speaker 2: The P times are always great at letting you know if there is stuff after the credits. Also tells you, Hey, it'll tell you, you got to stick around. There's a little post credit scene.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 2: Bring your own candy to the movies. So you can give the, give a couple bucks to the man. There you go. At the app. Cause they do it all by donation. By the way, this segment is sponsored and the run P app sponsored by Redwood credit union for you for community for 75 years. You in RCU today at Redwood, cu.org giants pregame in a few minutes, but we've got some time. For some of the best sounds from across the sports world, you might have missed with the Dirty Work Sound Soiree.
Speaker 1: This is Dirty Work Sound Soiree.
Speaker 4: No, I've whipped up this nasty little soiree.
Speaker 1: The best sounds you might have missed.
Speaker 2: Soiree, what?
Speaker 4: Soiree, honey, I think that means party.
Speaker 1: On the Sports Leader.
Speaker 2: Mike Kohler texted, and he really wants me to correct that I won't be doing pregame on 1050. I'll be doing night of pregame on KSFO 810. Oh, okay, there you go. Stanford pregame on Saturday with Jack Loader on KMBR 1050. You good, Mike? We got it. Trying to keep it all straight. A lot of stuff going on. A lot of moving parts here, as Tim would say. All right, let's get into some of the sound soiree. The dirty work sound soiree, and it starts with Klay Thompson.
Speaker 1: Klay!
Speaker 2: How about this? Clay was checking in. Is this from that same video where he was driving around?
Speaker 3: No, no, no. Community note on that video, I was had. He never said anything about the Warriors.
Speaker 2: All right, well, here's one. We'll see if Derek got this one right. Clay Thompson, he was talking about why it was that he joined the Miami Heat.
Speaker 3: He was a free agent.
Speaker 2: They offered him money. It kind of seemed that simple. Here's what Clay Thompson had to say.
Speaker 4: I've tasted winning before, and there's really nothing like it. Even just like, even getting there and failing is better than not even having a shot at it, so I'm not saying that's going to happen. I'm just saying like the opportunity to win again at a very high level was so attractive to me. And it looked, you know, looking at the roster, it looked like a great fit as far as, you know, me being able to space the floor and attack from the perimeter and have great help defenders behind me. And especially at this stage of my career, I get to play a specific role and my voice will go a long way, hopefully with this team and just to lead by example.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, forget all that. Tell us a real reason, Clay. You want to go down to South Beach because you want to kiss the babes.
Speaker 2: I get it. Wait, he's going to George Clooney, right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on.
Speaker 2: Derek's very upset earlier this year when George Clooney said he wouldn't take roles in movies anymore where he was... where he was kissing other women anymore. He was like, I'm married. I don't want to be doing that. I was like, I'm happy with my life. And Derek's like, I don't like it, man.
Speaker 3: Come on, Clune dog.
Speaker 2: I want to see Clooney kiss the babes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on.
Speaker 1: Come on, Clay.
Speaker 2: That's why Derek goes to see Clooney in the movie. He's like, yeah, make more Oceans movies. I want to see him kiss some babes.
Speaker 3: Come on, you and Julia Roberts. Smooch, smooch.
Speaker 2: New Padres owner, first female black owner in Major League Baseball, Kwanza Jones, on her expectations for the team.
Speaker 3: We..
Speaker 5: Take it as a baseline that in everything everyone does, you're all in.
Speaker 3: And for Padres, we are.
Speaker 5: And we are absolutely committed to this organization. And we are absolutely overjoyed. And we understand, if you heard it, we're going to win. We're going to win. We're going to win and win it all. We hope it's sooner rather than later.
Speaker 3: She's excited. Come on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. I like the idea that Padres fans are cringing, though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: Makes you feel good.
Speaker 3: I know. But you know what? Good for her.
Speaker 2: Well, good for her. Worst of luck with the success on the field. Worst of luck with developing talent, winning ballgames. What was that, Dan?
Speaker 3: Just a little laugh there. Win it all!
Speaker 2: Win it all, yeah, dude. That's pretty incredible, dude. The first woman black owner. in major league baseball, some of our March shots rolling over under hell. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Did I say something bad about March shot? A little shot. See down there. And it's hot down there for shots. All right. Do we have time for one more here? I don't know if we have time for Tony Romo real quick.
Speaker 1: Here's Tony.
Speaker 3: He's horny. He's horny for Dolly Parton passed away.
Speaker 2: Here's Tony Romo in 2023 during the Cowboys Thanksgiving game. He's wearing the.
Speaker 3: Cowish cheerleading outfit. You saw that coming, didn't you? You said, I think she's going.
Speaker 2: To go with a little cheerleading outfit tonight. And I was like, wow, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: What do you think we're going to see? I mean, she looks amazing, right? You never know what's going to happen here. Who doesn't like Dolly Parton? No, she's absolutely an American treasure. Tony, good Lord, man.
Speaker 2: Rough couple of months for her. Yeah, I would say so. She's definitely an American treasure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so second half. Forget all that.
Speaker 2: Come on, Dolly. Cowish cheerleading outfit.
Speaker 3: You were as pressed as I was, Jim.
Speaker 2: He's like, you called that, huh, Jim? I thought you were going to go with something else.
Speaker 3: All right, note to self.
Speaker 2: All right, that's it for the Sounds foray. We've got to get out of here for Giants pregame. Danny, you got a note to self?
Speaker 3: Note to self.
Speaker 2: Yeah, note to self.
Speaker 3: In the words of Andrew Luck, Stanford has a salty, crusty defense this year. There you go.
Speaker 1: That was good, Dan.
Speaker 2: Salty, crusty.
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: Note to self. A lot of songs I like were covers from Dolly Parton.
Speaker 2: Yes, they were, Derek. Yeah, you got it. You got it.
Speaker 3: I'm right on time here.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of you, bro. I'm proud of you. Figured it out. Note to self.
Speaker 3: Note to self.
Speaker 2: Also from Andrew Luck, people are culture. Culture are people.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: I thought that was an awesome line from Andrew Luck today. That's going to do it. Thanks to our guests today. Find them on the website for anybody that needs to hear it. It gets easier every day. It gets a little easier. You just got to do it every day. That's the dirty work, but it does get easier. The Giants and the Reds. Game two starts right now.
Speaker 4: I'm a fool to do your dirty work, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want
Speaker 1: To do your dirty work no more.