Speaker 1: And we continue at two o five in the afternoon on the John Phillips Show, Mister Randy Wangs in Culver City.
Speaker 2: Well, John, it only took a month, but the chat room is finally on my side. When it comes to my Paisley shirt that's in all the AI pictures, people like it. We're broadcasting live on the radio on seven ninety KABC and a ten KSFO. But you want the real deal experience, you got to watch this show. It is live, it is unpredictable, anything can happen. We're here every single day from noon to three at Johnny don't like dot Com? Try it on your browser. Try it on your phone, Johnny don't like dot Com. That is where you can see the YouTube channel. Hit subscribe so all of our content, including all the on demand content, shows up on your feed. Lots of stuff to watch. When we sign off at three, hit the like button. So YouTube things were popular and they start pushing us out to more people and share the show.
Speaker 1: It's very easy.
Speaker 2: Hit that aero button and put us on your social feed. Tell everyone what you're watching, you're listening to unless you're embarrassed.
Speaker 1: And just to be clear, your Paisley shirt is in no no relation to Brad Paisley.
Speaker 2: Nope, it's just a shirt that I got in Santa Fe that I think I loove Graton and it was the one. It was one of the shirts I did in my photo shoot that I ended up using as the stock photo that I keep inserting into Google Google Gemini, which creates all of these ridiculous images that we played during the commercial breaks. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number one. Eight hundred two two two five two two two.
Speaker 1: Well, in South LA they are all the way pissed off that people keep dumping their inoperable cars on the side of the road.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when Shang E Tao was doing her first State of the City address in Oakland and she talked about all the failures that are going on under her watch.
Speaker 1: She even said this, you.
Speaker 3: May be frightened, and I know how you feel.
Speaker 1: She also said this, not a.
Speaker 3: Day goes by where I don't wish I could just wave a magic wand and silence the gunfire.
Speaker 2: But the one accomplishment that she said she had as her time as mayor of Oakland was in record time. If there is a burned out abandoned vehicle. We will tow it away, Shane can do. In South LA and the part of La City that is governed by Current Price, who is currently awaiting trial for all kinds of corruption. He's decided in his last few months in office because he's termed out to start cracking down on the endless line of abandoned cars in his district.
Speaker 1: Isn't he also accused of bigamy?
Speaker 2: Yes he is, And if you want to learn more about that, just watch any of our recent interviews with Daniel Guss, who I think is coming back on the show next week for more on this. We got a Fox eleven and back from vacation and finally made it out of that West Jed strike. Matthew Seedorf is back on the.
Speaker 4: Scene night a new campaign to get abandoned cars off of South La streets. Councilmember Current Price is rolling out billboards urging residents to report abandoned vehicles. Fox eleven's Matthew Seedorf is lining downtown tonight with Moore.
Speaker 5: Matthew, Yeah, there's no more than twenty of these billboards up across South La urging people to report abandoned cars.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I told this story on the air. I have a cousin who lives at a home in Seal Beach. He's a chemical engineer and he drives a truck that his company owns. One day, he wakes up and he looks for his truck, which is parked in the driveway of his home in Seal Beach, and the truck is not there. He reports the truck to be stolen, and they find the truck abandoned in South LA. That sounds about right. They arrest the guy who did it, and he sent me the guy's wrap sheet and it literally goes on and on and on and on and on for pages, and they just keep letting them out.
Speaker 6: With more.
Speaker 4: Matthew.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's now more than twenty of these billboards up across South LA urging people to report abandoned cars. New messages now popping up above South LA traffic.
Speaker 2: Someone probably got paid a whole lot of money to design that billboard.
Speaker 1: Do you realize how trashy that is? Where you have to put billboards up all over town telling people how to report abandoned cars.
Speaker 2: Well, and it also just makes you ask the question of the process. Here are these city owned billboards on city property that they just can't get any advertising money for. Or is the city now spending money and giving it to clear channel outdoor to put up billboards to say, hey, if you see a burned out abandoned car, call us.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sure it came from his discretionary account.
Speaker 5: Also remember current price calling on people to report abandoned vehicles under the slogan?
Speaker 2: Is the idea here to make the people who could be potential jurors in his trial think, oh no, that guy's trying to do something. He's not crooked. Maybe look his name's right there at the top, of course, and.
Speaker 5: Clear the streets, reclaim our neighborhoods.
Speaker 7: It's a real joke because I mean, I dude, I've seen a banding cars everywhere all the time.
Speaker 1: Dude, I love that he just casually swears on the news.
Speaker 2: Matthew Seedorf has just this magnetism that attracts the tsked men on the street for his paces.
Speaker 7: Sometimes that were thrown in for years.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: And a quick drive through South LA can reveal several cars that appear discarded. RV's trash in camments, even boats.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we found out where the mino ended up there you go three hour tour.
Speaker 9: I think it's like one of our biggest issues that we should be fixing.
Speaker 3: But I'm happy that something's going to be done about it.
Speaker 5: Price's office as they're spending about twenty five thousand dollars on billboards and signs through the end of the year saying abandoned vehicles attract illegal dumping, create safety concerns, and add to neighborhood blight.
Speaker 10: We're gonna go out, We're gonna chalk the vehicle.
Speaker 5: Or is reported. City cruise will mark a tire and if it hasn't moved in seventy two hours, it can be sighted and twenty five hours later, toad.
Speaker 11: If y'all are going to pick up Jun.
Speaker 1: They're all just wearing on the news. Anytime you put a microphone in front of their face, it's twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: The only time anyone's not swearing is when the FCC won't let you.
Speaker 1: They kissed the neighbor that stands in for their mother with that mouth.
Speaker 9: There's a lot, a lot of trash on our streets, and I think that's one of the big wining SATs should be fixed.
Speaker 2: Honestly, we should do a trash off. Who truly is the city of Dumpy.
Speaker 5: The campaign comes during Price's final months in office after thirteen years, leaving some wondering why now.
Speaker 7: It's been so long that the people have been asking for people to clean up the streets of La and nothing's going on.
Speaker 2: Make right, I'm telling you right now, this is a pr campaign for him to make maybe one potential juror out there that's going to convict him on all the corruption and the bigamy charges to think, no, no, no, that guy's a good guy. He's trying to get rid of the abandoned cars.
Speaker 1: Hey, I get it. If I had abandoned cars on my street and he got them removed, I'd let him marry five women.
Speaker 5: Those billboards and signs expected to be up through the end of the year, reporting Lifetime Matthew sied Or Fox eleven News.
Speaker 2: So there you go. Who's truly the city of Dumpy?
Speaker 1: You know this has really been an issue for the City of Dumpy. Excuse me, so trashy? All right? So that's what's going on in South LA. When we move across town, Randy, we have got another broken water pipe.
Speaker 2: It's happened yet again, over and over and over and over again. More water main breaks in Los Angeles, kind of deflating my argument that things would be better if we didn't if we only had municipally owned utilities.
Speaker 9: Stration growing concern tonight over our city's aging infrastructure after two more water main breaks today.
Speaker 12: The first happened to the Hollywood Hills around noon, the second this afternoon in Brentwood.
Speaker 10: KTLA's Mary Beth McDade live in the Hollywood Hills with more on the ongoing and growing problem.
Speaker 2: Mary Beth, If the earthquake happens, this city will be the last city of Atlantis because we'll be underwater.
Speaker 1: You think OJ's old home has been affected by this? What's going on in America?
Speaker 2: What is it about your sense memory that the second the word Brentwood gets uttered, you think OJ.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what everyone else thinks too. See.
Speaker 2: I don't think that I have a very specific connection to Brentwood. And that is a broadcaster who shall remain nameless, that hired me to set up his podcast, so I had to drive up those long and windy roads. I get up there and he claims he can only pay me in Cashews. This man shall remain nameless.
Speaker 9: Yeah, hither of you guys, boil boy. It certainly does seem like the summer of water main breaks, and the one uppere in the Hollywood Hills is being fixed as we speak. However, DWP officials have no idea when that repair will be completed.
Speaker 1: Who's surprised these things are just bursting right and left.
Speaker 9: Water began gushing down Wonderland Avenue near Laurel Pass and the Hollywood Hills around one Thursday afternoon.
Speaker 12: Well we heard it.
Speaker 1: Actually another reason to live in the flats. It's brown water. It looks like the umpa lumpus should be going by on a boat. My daughter heard it and she was like, Mom, what is that noise?
Speaker 13: And I was like, it's just wind.
Speaker 1: But then we looked out the window and it was like a river going down the hill.
Speaker 3: It was pretty insane.
Speaker 9: The cause of the wet and muddy mess a water main break. DWP officials say approximately one hundred homes.
Speaker 1: Had have their Then.
Speaker 2: Funny how there's so many shots of DWP workers and there's like one guy operating in the crane and seven guys just watching.
Speaker 1: Gee. I wonder where all the money goes.
Speaker 9: Water shut off as we lost water and it's still not back on.
Speaker 14: Actually, so we've been without it for several hours.
Speaker 9: Cruise managed to turn off the water with no major flooding issues reported.
Speaker 8: I was driving up the hill and geysers performing at the manholes and water was all.
Speaker 1: Of a sudden.
Speaker 2: You're like, wait, did I take a wrong turn? And I'm on the Universal Studios tram tour.
Speaker 1: Let's see, I'm going to Hollywood Hills. No, don't go right. That's the lost city of Atlantis.
Speaker 13: Coming out of all of the storm drains.
Speaker 8: And when I see waters coming out, I mean like two feet high.
Speaker 9: DWP Cruise are now working to repair the ruptured pipe.
Speaker 2: Look at all those guys just kind of hanging out. Visors doing a heck of a job.
Speaker 9: And there are crews busy across the city. In Brentwood, a guyser began shooting high up into the air on west Ridge Road, just off Melville Canyon around four pm.
Speaker 11: We were just going up the hill and we saw some water coming down and we're like, okay, what's going on here? And so we just saw the water fountain and at first I thought it was smoke, so I saw something was burning, but turned out something.
Speaker 9: Broke DWP says it's a single service.
Speaker 1: A Goostas Gloup was about ready to trade in his bike for a kayak.
Speaker 9: His pipe associated with one residence and only that residence is impacted. Officials tell us that both incidents are not connected to last month's major watermein break of a large trunk line that occurred in the heart of West Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Well, it's good to know.
Speaker 2: Even though the one in West Hollywood got so much attention, these happened every single week.
Speaker 1: It seems like.
Speaker 9: It causing damage and flooding. It shut down Sunset Boulevard near Holloway for a week. These incidents have left many concerned about the aging infrastructure in this city. This is what happens when you have one hundred year old infrastructure that's been deferred.
Speaker 2: And we have a one hundred and fifty year plan to replace it all. It's insane. I know what I pay the LADWP every month. Where's that money going?
Speaker 1: And you're either going to get four more years of the same mayor or four years of someone who's worse.
Speaker 2: You know, I should issue a correction. I don't want to speak falsely on the air. I know what my wife pays the LADWP every month and it's a lot of money.
Speaker 9: And the LEDWP responded by saying that they are proactive in replacing those aging pipes.
Speaker 1: No, they're not. What planet are we living on?
Speaker 2: The big one that broke in West Hollywood was on their list to be replaced in five years. They ever get around the fixing that gaping hole, I'm not gonna take that a drop. Stop asking me so much.
Speaker 9: So that they are, they have thirty six percent less leaks than the national average.
Speaker 1: They also who's buying that? Nobody?
Speaker 2: You don't hear about these stories in Orange County. You don't hear about them, in Ventura County. You don't even hear about them in other cities in Los Angeles County. This is a super LA problem.
Speaker 9: Jealous that they spend one billion dollars a year in replacing pipes for now reporting life here in the Hollywood Hills. Marybeth mcdaate, send make two guys in the studio.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: It's happened yet again, another big fat water main break, two of them in the city of Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna get It's only going to get worse because these people who run for Council. These people who run for mayor run on the platform of what they're going to do about Gaza. They don't have a platform about what to do about Los Angeles. They run on how much they hate Donald Trump, they run on abolishing ice, they run on subjects that have nothing to do with their job description. So why should anyone be surprised when they don't know how to run a city government?
Speaker 2: Well, and then look at the LEDWP when Karen Bass comes in, who does she appoint to run the LEDWP Jennie ken Yonez from PG and E who claimed, oh, well, she's taken a pay cut, so we needed to double the salary of that job. She was completely flat footed with the fire hydrants being empty during the Palisades fire and then left us high and dry to go work in Puerto Rico. Haven't those people suffered enough going through a massive drought right now? I don't know if Janice canyonis is connected.
Speaker 1: What is she doing in Puerto Rico?
Speaker 2: And you know it was great too when she left for Puerto Rico, some kind of water job. She was given all kinds of kudos and celebrations at La City Council about what a historic job she has done, even though she presided over one of the most embarrassing disasters for this utility that we have ever seen. And what exactly made her worth seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year, double what the guy before her made.
Speaker 1: That's more than what Barbara Fare makes.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is Babs destroys our County with only six hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 1: It's the John Phillips Show. It's the John Phillip Show. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number. What eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. And Randy, you can not only listen to the show on the radio, but you can watch us live at Johnny don't like dot Com.
Speaker 2: That's Johnny don't like dot Com. Johnny with a why. Somebody asked, way which Johnny is it. It's Johnny with a why. Johnny don't like dot com takes you right to the YouTube channel where you can watch us every single day from noon to three. When we sign off at three, there is tons of on demand content on the channel, the best segments of the day I post those. Also a lot of our great interviews they get posted as well. You can also see all six episodes that we've had so far of the Accountability Podcast, so check that out if you haven't seen any of those. There's a lot of great viewing over the weekend. Make sure that if you're watching now to hit that like button. It makes YouTube decide to push us out to even more people. Got to tell that algorithm this show is interesting and popular, so we get as many followers as we can so we can take over them internets. And you can help us out by hitting the like button, hitting subscribe and sharing this content unless you're ashamed to do so.
Speaker 1: And we're going all over the place promoting the Accountability Podcast because we just launched it this summer. And Randy, you've been doing some podcasts.
Speaker 2: I went on the California Underground podcast with our buddy film Ariello, and I'd be happy to do that one again. Johnny, you've been all over the place. You were on with Jesse Kelly, you were on Good Day La might even be on CNN soon and you also went on Don Junior's podcast, that's right, and Don Junior's podcast, which we taped I think sometime last week, went live yesterday right after we signed off the air, and it's over at Rumble. So if you go over to Rumble and you check out Don Junior over there, you can get a link to the podcast that I did, not only with him, but with Jesse Kelly. Now we're gonna play a portion of that podcast when we return, so you can get a little flavor as to just exactly what the conversation sounded like. If you like it, I highly recommend that you go over and watch the whole thing.
Speaker 1: It was kind of a long podcast. I think it was something like fifty some odd minutes. That's short for a podcast. Some of them go on for a long time.
Speaker 2: Joe Rogan's like three hours a day, like how do you have time? Gavin Newsom went out of that guy Sean Ryan's show in the South and it was like a four hour podcast. I walked my dogs eight times listening to that thing.
Speaker 1: I don't understand that. But anyway, we're gonna have that clip of me on with Don Junior coming up next. Right here on the John Phillips Show. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is a telephone number. What eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you want to watch us perform the show live, go to Johnny. We don't like dot com and will you're there hit the like button. We're just shy of three hundred likes. We'd love to get north of three hundred before we sign off at three o'clock today. So if you haven't hit that like button, please hit that like button. If you already have, thank you so much. It really helps us out. All right. As I mentioned before, I did the Donald Trump Junior podcast that aired yesterday at three o'clock in the afternoon. We promised that we would play you a portion of that podcast. So Randy, let's take a look.
Speaker 2: This is as much of the podcast as we can play that happens to be safe for air.
Speaker 1: Let's let it ring. John.
Speaker 10: You know you're in California. I mean it's affecting the people there because you have all the extra environmental taxes and all the other nonsense. What's your take on all that?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's it's very very difficult to be able to afford to live here in the insane asylum because of all of the those idiotic policies and the costs they're associated with it. What's wild to me is that when you look at the midterm elections, and historically the party who is out of power usually does well, especially if it's the sixth year of a president's term in office. And you would expect the Democrats to be talking about inflation NonStop and they're not. You look at this clown car of candidates that they're running this time around, where you essentially have three different types of people. You have the guy in Maine Platner who left Swallowell and all the other guys who drive around.
Speaker 10: Because being a Nazi wasn't enough. He had to then yeah, a Nazi with a bunch of like actors, like you know, and then you know, but it took like the twenty fifth, like you know, sexual assault allegation to be like, you know what, maybe the Nazi isn't actually a good guy. I'm shocked to hear it.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it. Well, then you got the theater kids who couldn't cut it to make the cast of Glee, the woman in Michigan and the guy that she's running against, and the guy in in Tech. He's going to need at least four out of the six genders to vote for him to win that election. You have that crowd, and then you have the DSA where they want to get rid of the borders, they want to get rid of the cops, they want to get rid of the prisons. They want to give sex change operations to everyone in Guatemala. And you say to yourself, this, despite what history tells us, the Republicans might have chance of this election because the Democrats have just nominated the freak shows.
Speaker 10: Yeah, are you listened a couple of them? But John tell us a little bit about Barbara Ferrer in La I mean, the COVID figure in La County. What the hell's going on with her?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's the fake doctor. She is a woman who has a PhD in social welfare and she runs around in a white lab coat giving medical advice. And she did that all through COVID and whatever. The worst advice is that you could give, count on this woman to give it. Now, we have an environmental disaster going on in Boyle Heights where there was a chemical fire in a building with a solar panel were on fire and it lasted for weeks. Chemical smoke was being blown into the neighborhood, and she goes on TV in a white lab coat and tells all these people who live there, it's perfectly healthy to breathe in the smoke. These people have their lungs filled with fluids. They're bleeding from the nose. She goes, yeah, everything's fine. Just go ahead and you know, take a deep breath of exercise. And there were no consequences at all to her complete and utter buffoonery. All through COVID, she managed to keep her job, and now she's doing the same thing because these people learn nothing.
Speaker 10: I mean, Jesse, your answer to most.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a little taste of Johnny on the Don Junior Show. And you know, I noticed something very interesting.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: Whether you're on Rumball, on the Don Junior Show or you're on Good Day La, nobody can spell your last name correct?
Speaker 1: Was my name misspelled? Again?
Speaker 2: You only had one L there and he had two p's on Fox eleven.
Speaker 1: I have the waspiest name on planet Earth.
Speaker 2: I've never ever seen anybody get it wrong. And it happened twice this week.
Speaker 1: For heaven's sake, I could imagine my first name being misspelled, because sometimes people do it without the age, but the last name.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's Phillips, just like the guys from the Mamas and the Papas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the oil company sixty six.
Speaker 2: You want to check out the rest of that podcast after we get off the air, you go to Rumble and look for Donald You gotta rumble dot com slash Donald J. Trump Junior and then you can watch that podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, Randy, let's get an update on what's going on in Boyle Heights since that was part of the discussion with Don Junior.
Speaker 2: Boyle Heights is once again on a daily basis suffering with the constant rotting smells. We heard Scott Allen Myers earlier in the show talk about it. So once again it's time for another segment of let Me get Her Katie. Are you ready for your big segment that we seem to.
Speaker 1: Do every day?
Speaker 2: Now for more on the AQMD looking to put the hammer down on the cold storage facility lineage. Not the owner of the building or the solar panel company. Here is CBSLA.
Speaker 8: Now to this clean up efforts continue at the burned out warehouse in Boyle Heights as the stench of a rotting food leaves residents frustrated and demanding action.
Speaker 6: Citysla Zach Bowena and Diamond Bar, where residence.
Speaker 2: This has been going on for nearly two months. It is surprising that, I mean, I understand why, but it is surprising that people just haven't straight up moved.
Speaker 1: Like it's just something for us to talk about. But could you imagine living there and having to put up with this every single moment of your life. You couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: No public met and if the city and the county are refusing to relocate you, you got to do what you can for your family and get the hell out of there.
Speaker 8: Second day, as officials promise, Sea finds if running food isn't cleared out soon.
Speaker 2: The drug of rent control is so powerful that you will put up with this just because you don't want to pay market rate. It is one of the hidden things about this story.
Speaker 1: It's not worth it, people.
Speaker 6: Pat Amy the board passing this order unanimously. Before this order, the stipulation that the air quality districts had with lineage ninety of them were voluntary. Now with this order, if lineage violates any of these stipulations, they could face up to seventy thousand dollars per violation.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, more fines. Here's what's gonna happen though, If you go heavy duty on Lineage, you're gonna push them into bankruptcy and then you get nothing.
Speaker 6: Now with that financial threat, the people living around the warehouse hope this will speed the cleanup up and help get rid of that nasty smell.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people worried that once they clean everything up, the smell's just going to linger.
Speaker 1: It might be possible. So when you're resources.
Speaker 6: People angry with the response to the Lineage warehouse cleanup back for the second day of the South Coast Air Quality District Hearing Board meeting, as the board passed a new order with stricter conditions for the cleanup and penalties should those conditions not be followed.
Speaker 3: Certainly if there's ongoing this is the speed of government.
Speaker 2: By the way, the AQMD is looking into this six weeks later.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we'll tell you what we think about this. Buy around Christmas.
Speaker 3: On compliance that is subject to heightened penalties and that is authorized under state law.
Speaker 6: Linea's logistics testifying and I.
Speaker 2: Think the locals care about more fines. They want to be evacuated.
Speaker 6: The hearing board and agreeing to having their rotting food cleared out within the next two weeks. Then they say they'll have the warehouse fully sanitized seven days after that.
Speaker 1: You're going to need a hell of a lot of puile for that. You might have to air drop it in.
Speaker 15: Currently spinning well over a million dollars per day to ensure that we're moving as fastly and quickly as possible.
Speaker 6: During that cleanup. To keep the smell down, lineage doing a few things including wrapping the building where the rest of the rotting food is located in plastic wrap. Then that building is hooked up to nine carbon filters creating a negative.
Speaker 1: Pros okay, but none of it's wor working though. We just heard from Scott allen Myers who said he couldn't get anywhere near the building because the smell was so bad, and he was going to have a taco for lunch at King Taco, which is not right next to the building, and he said it was so bad over there he had to get in this car and go home.
Speaker 2: The smell was so bad. He said no to King Taco. Nobody says no to King Taco. What Lineage is trying to say here is think about how bad the smell would be if we didn't do all.
Speaker 6: This only allowing air out of the building through those filters. The stipulation the board says Lineage must continue through the entirety of the cleanup. One that Lineage says is now very hands on.
Speaker 15: These workers that we're talking about are literally like Spider Man, climbing up in this gear in racking and physically pushing box and product down one at a time.
Speaker 6: Those carbon filters and plastic covers not enough for those outside the warehouse, as the Air Quality District has issued Lineage twenty notices of violations for the smell, and over four thousand public complaints about the smell have been made to the aqmds.
Speaker 2: Just a quick question, ake, QMD, did you issue any fines for the solar panels that caught fire and spewed toxic fumes into the air for a week.
Speaker 1: What would you do if you were a letter carrier in that area, I would burn through all my sick time.
Speaker 2: Man, you get asked for a transfer by the my transfer to Oakland, and we know what happens up there.
Speaker 6: It's July twelve.
Speaker 14: This order will ensure that there are enforceable conditions on respondent as it completes this cleanup project, which will minimize odor impacts on the community and expedite removal of food waste.
Speaker 6: Now, the district can't hit lineage with fines. Should they continue to violate the odor nuisance rules or should they not?
Speaker 2: If our government really wanted to prioritize get this place cleaned up as quickly as possible, we could send people in. I mean, heck, we have the Army Corps of Engineers clearing out the toxic debris from the Palisades.
Speaker 1: And Eaton Canyon.
Speaker 2: Why are why are we just like, all right, we're just gonna leave you to do it by yourself, and we're just gonna yell at you because you're not doing it fast enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they placed the responsibility on the shoulders of a company. One company that doesn't do this professionally.
Speaker 6: Finish the cleanup totally within the next three weeks.
Speaker 3: If there are any violations of the hearing Bard Order, that will be a notice of violation and subject to penalties.
Speaker 2: This is all they talk about. Well, we'll increase the fines. That'll do it, will increase the fins. You don't think they're trying to do it as quickly as possible with the stuff that they can do. Part of the problem has been and Hilda Solease even said this openly is there's not enough landfills for them to take all the stuff too. And the people who live in the neighborhood don't care about the fun. They just want to smell to go away.
Speaker 6: And pat Amy, this order goes into effects right away. Lineage again saying they're going to clear out that warehouse of the bulge food in two weeks, and they have one more week to sanitize that entire building.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, school comes back next week. Imagine trying to learn multiplication tables while smelling.
Speaker 2: That, you know, a week from today's Karen Bass's imposed deadline. It doesn't sound like they're going to make it.
Speaker 6: No, if that's not done in the next three weeks, they're going to be hit with serious fines. Amyr to you.
Speaker 1: You know what they say, money talks. Let's hope it does this time, right these residents hope.
Speaker 3: So that's right.
Speaker 1: The fines don't matter. No, No, this misery for the people who live there is never going to end.
Speaker 2: It's only going to get worse and worse and worse. You gotta go, you gotta leave. And if you can't leave because Renk can, maybe go to Riverside County.
Speaker 1: If you would have watched us perform the show live, go to Johnny don't Like dot com and if you're watching this there, please hit that like button. It's the John Phillips Show. It's the John and Phillips Show. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you want to watch us live, go to Johnny don't Like dot Com and click that like button. We're just a few away from three hundred. We'd like to get over three hundred before the show ends at three o'clock in the afternoon. All right, in San Francisco, an alleged con artist has been caught.
Speaker 2: And apparently it's all thanks to Dan Nois at ABC seven. This is the insane guy we told you about earlier this year who claimed he owned Thornton State Beach and threatened to shoot anybody going on the hiking trails. And he's got a long criminal wrap. For more, here's ABC seven and Dan Nois.
Speaker 16: I'm going to ask Marshalls.
Speaker 17: I think we're done today.
Speaker 4: San Francisco real estate developer Lucky Luke Grubnara had.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's too lucky. He sounds like a mobster.
Speaker 4: Be as sported from a contentious federal court hearing this week.
Speaker 3: And into custody.
Speaker 14: Good evening.
Speaker 1: I'm Ama Dates and I'm Dan Ashley.
Speaker 12: Thank you for joining US. Prosecutors say he was a fugitive wanted for six months before dramatic arrest in the Sunset District and ABC seven eyewitness news reporter Dan Noys has been covering Bunara's criminal cases since twenty.
Speaker 4: Fifteen, and he is back with the latest. Four to seven On Your Side investigates.
Speaker 17: Dan Ama and Dan violating the Endangered Species Act, filing false tax returns, wire and mail fraud in connection with eleven million dollars worth of art boy.
Speaker 1: This guy's done all of it. Yeah, he sounds like a real beauty, doesn't he.
Speaker 13: Those are some of his convictions.
Speaker 17: His latest chargers involved threats and a nine millimeter glock out of Thornton Beach and the government's pandemic relief program.
Speaker 13: In early January, Luke Bergnarre fenced off six acres at the entrance to Thornton Beach State.
Speaker 1: Park, which he doesn't own by the way, idiot.
Speaker 13: Even though he owned only one twenty fourth of the land. The other owners were furious, as were people used to open access to the trails. The temperature rose after his girlfriend posted this sign no trespassing owner armed with a nine millimeter gun.
Speaker 1: That's aggressive and they did it on a piece of cardboard. Look, this is actually right where that line is is our property. You're just standing on our property, all right?
Speaker 9: Are you gonna shoot me for it?
Speaker 13: One couple accused bergnar of saying, if you get near the fence, I will shoot and kill you.
Speaker 2: Holy cow, How did this guy get any money to begin with? He's completely insane. I don't know, but it sounds like he's gonna be going to prison.
Speaker 13: They called nine one one police arrived in stock Brugnawer's girlfriend driving away a nine millimeter glock in an unlocked case on the front seat, Brugnara in the back. They arrested him for felon in possession of a firearm and making threats.
Speaker 14: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: We are calling Criminal Matter twenty four.
Speaker 13: The Thornton Beach case got the attention of federal prosecutors.
Speaker 16: USA v.
Speaker 5: Brogner.
Speaker 13: Brugnar has an ongoing pandemic relief fraud case. He's accused of lying about the size of his company, the number of employees, it's payroll, and receiving four hundred and twenty two thousand dollars that he used to purchase a house.
Speaker 1: Okay, now we know how he got his money.
Speaker 13: In February, Brignor failed to attend a hearing to revoke his bond in that case, so the judge issued a bench warrant for his arrest.
Speaker 1: Boy, that's a base only a mother could love.
Speaker 13: Past Thursday, US marshalls surrounded this house in the Sunset District. Prosecutor say Bernar tried to escape by climbing onto the roof of the church. Next story.
Speaker 1: This story's wild, and I never climbed on any church. Yes, you did.
Speaker 16: The church root is eight stories tall. Okay, how can I go up eight stories and it's a one story house.
Speaker 13: It's a lot. In court, Brubnauer also denied knowing about the February hearing or the arrest warrant that followed.
Speaker 16: I was not notified by my externce. I'm legally required to be notified by counsel of a court hearing to be held as a failure to appear. Okay, I did not appear because I was not notified at the hearing.
Speaker 13: But in their court filings, prosecutors cited my exclusive report from February in which I questioned Brubnauer about being a wanted man. There's that bench warrant. Are you going to turn yourself in?
Speaker 1: I'm not aware of any body. It's on TV that he knew about the warrants. Boy, it's going from bad to words for this guy.
Speaker 13: Got the surprise, I guess of the day. Prosecutors wrote, I certainly knew that award existed after that interview. Again, he took no steps to remedy his failure to appear. Brunora's attorney proposed allowing him to be free while the case proceeds, wearing an ankle monitor and posting fifty thousand dollars cash bond.
Speaker 2: He's going to chuck that thing right into the ocean if you let him out.
Speaker 1: Oh, I wonder which country near the equator he'll be living in Brunora.
Speaker 13: Chimed in that his blood pressure is dangerously high.
Speaker 16: My liberty that you're playing with, I'm trying to get a word.
Speaker 11: Trust me my life.
Speaker 16: I can diag from a heart attackice.
Speaker 2: But everyone facing charges all of a sudden is just just about to die from all kinds of diseases. It's like Bill Cosby, who all of a sudden went blind.
Speaker 1: That Harvey Weinstein too. You don't care.
Speaker 16: I care.
Speaker 13: The hearing dragged on Brunora, repeatedly interrupting the judge.
Speaker 16: So I'm going to ask that Marshall. I think we're done today.
Speaker 13: Help the Marshall's have scored or Pregnor to jail, and the judge issued this written order on Wednesday. He will remain in custody until the case is finished. His attorney fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If there's anybody that's a flight risk, it's that guy.
Speaker 1: Well, have fun with your three hots and a cotpal. That's gonna do it for us this week. But we'll be back on Monday for another edition of The John Phillips Show. If you want additional content over the weekend, Randy, there's the Accountability Podcast.
Speaker 2: It's all right there at Johnny don't like dot com. Watch all six episodes, do a little marathon, get some popcorn. You'll have a lot of fun. Johnny don't like dot com. And if you haven't hit the like button, hit it now. See you next week.