Speaker 1: And we continue at one oh five in the afternoon. On the John Phillips Show, mister Randy Wang has the day off. His flight was canceled and he's stuck in Dallas. So I assume he's eating barbecue and not paying attention to the Texas Rangers, and by that I mean the ball club, not the police. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is jellphone number one eight hundred two to two five two two two. If you're on holdsday there, we'll get to your calls later on in the program. But as I mentioned before, election day is a week from today, next Tuesday, June the second. If you plan to vote, you can vote in person at a voting center. You can vote on election day, or all of you have ballots that were mailed to you. As long as it's postmarked by June second, your vote will count. So if you plan on voting, make sure you get your vote in by next Tuesday, June second. One of the contest that'll be on your ballot is the contest to decide who will become California's next Treasurer. Fiona ma is California's current treasurer. She's termed out and running for a lieutenant governor, which means the seat is open and any number of candidates have a shot at becoming elected state treasurer. Joining us at right now is a candidate for that office. You can get her online at Hawks for us dot com. Candidate for California State Treasurer, Jennifer Hawks. Welcome.
Speaker 2: Thank you John for having me on today.
Speaker 1: So let's start with the obvious. Why should you be the next treasurer of the State of California.
Speaker 2: Well, John, to be very honest with you, this is not something that I had in my wheelhouse about a year ago, but as I have watched the state decline, it became apparent to me that somebody needed to step forward and say enough is enough. Twenty twenty one, I retired after forty five almost fifty years of employment and have been enjoying being retired, and I am willing to come out of retirement to put on the panty hose and the lipstick and go to Sacramento and see if we can't begin to get this ship turned around.
Speaker 1: As someone who has obviously been studying the books of the State of California, how we spend our money, where we spend our money. I'm sure you've been closely following all the stories regarding fraud, whether it be ed D fraud where the state of California was taken for something to the tune of thirty billion dollars, which is the largest theft in the history of the United States. We're currently seeing, courtesy of Nick Shirley and CBS News, a story involving fraud regarding hospice centers in the San Fernando Valley, where the state of California is on the hook to pay for services that are obviously not being rendered. The California Secretary is Date Shirley Weber, who is in charge of handing out business licenses to many of these fraudulent businesses, says it's not her job to determine which companies are fraudulent and which companies aren't, so the State of California has been mailing them money. And then, of course you have all of these NGOs who are making a king's ransom in the name of fighting homelessness or in the name of any other altruistic goals, where they're not doing anything to make the problem go away. They're enriching themselves in the process. Will all of us have to deal with the chaos that people living on the streets brings us. How much fraud do you think is actually going on in the state of California.
Speaker 2: I think a lot more than we have even begun to uncover, and that, unfortunately, is very sad, and you should make every tax paying California furious and wanted to see change up there. If it's not the Secretary State's job to oversee this, then who is in charge? And that seems to be a problem. There seems to be a lot of figure pointing. This person, that person, the controller actually really has a lot of oversight on this as well, and she's also been a little bit asleep at the switch. A lot of how this money goes out the door is so multi layered that nobody takes the blame. It's all a bunch of figure pointing, and I would imagine that. In fact, I'm gonna meet Nick Shirley on the ninth of June when I can't wait, and hoping that I can get his assistance on digging into a little bit more other areas that I'm kind of concerned about. Number one being some of these affordable housing projects that are that come up through the Treasure's office and get rubber stamped. There is so much money that is going out the door to not only the fraud piece of this, but also to to contractors and people that are on the bottom of this that are just getting filthy rich. And by the time this thing gets its way up the pipeline and gets rubber stamped, they've already a lot of them have already paid off other people. I mean, it is a who you know operation, which is one of the concerns that I have with the current Lieutenant governor who is also running for this position. She is a long term, longtime developer. She's worked for her dad for the last two decades, shown multiple buildings around the state capitol, all of which, by the way, are rented out to state agencies. That's a little bit of conflict of interest, I think. And she has already gotten the endorsement of almost every major low income housing developer and they have been pumping thousands and tens of thousands of dollars into her campaign. That should be enough to That's a red flag right there for every family in California that's just fighting to keep their head above water.
Speaker 1: If the waste fraud and abuse were to be identified and eliminated. How much do you think we could lower the tax burden in California, in a state where taxes are virtually higher than any other state in the Union, and now we're looking at taxes on the ballot for public transit. We're potentially looking at one on the November ballot that's a wealth confiscation tax that's already caused over a trillion dollars to move out of the state. In Los Angeles, the firefighters say they need a tax on the ballot so they're made whole. How much of the tax burden do you think is represented by the waye fraud and abuse.
Speaker 2: I think we could easily get our tax, our tax down to under five percent if we got all of this stuff cleaned up. And who knows, we might even be able to go as far as we're Florida and some of these others have gotten. But the fact that we have reached a point we don't have a we don't have a tax problem. We have a spending problem. That's the problem. Sacramento. Good is never good enough, you know. I've talked to families both husband and wife, both work, their kids are going to they're in public schools. The schools are failing. They can't even pick up and leave the state because their support system is here. They've got aunts or uncles or grandparents that are picking up the kids because they're both both working all day long and there's more months than money at the end of every month. I mean, something has got to give, and if not. Now when I think for the first time, I am seeing probably one of the most educated, sharp slate of candidates that are running to get to get this state turned around, I'm so impressed with the candidates, and I think if we can get a handful of us in, We're not going to get out of this overnight. John. This has been going on for sixteen years of one party rule. But we can start to make traction. Some of the things that I'm going to be able to do right off the bat is I'll be able to demand audits and I'm going to require additional reporting. I can replace weak managers or managers that have agendas that are pushing things along. I can hold questionable practices accountable. The other thing I can do is I can go to the press if I see something going on and I'm not getting any actions. I've got the ability to pick up the phone and call people like you and say, John, can you and I have a chat. I think the California people would like to know what's going on right now. These are some of the things that I can do. I can get some questions answered before approvals go out the door.
Speaker 1: The California State Auditor seems to be do a pretty good job of identifying a lot of the fraud, a lot of the waste, a lot of the abuse that's going on right now. They publish a report, they make it available to the legislature, they make it available to the governor and the other statewide constitutional officers, but it seems like they choose not to do anything with it. It's not that the information is something that's not available to them. It's not that this is some big secret. It's that they just don't have the will to act. Do you see it that way?
Speaker 2: I do see it that way, And just for your information, and also two for the public. The state Auditor, which should be an independent, freestanding position, is actually appointed by the governor. So if we can get a good governor in, we're going to assure that we're going to have a good state auditor, and he also is the one that would appoint or she would be the one would appoint the director of Finance if we had a good director of Finance and we had a good controller and a good treasure And I'm going to put myself in that position. I'm going to call that the three legged stool for a better choice of words. Those three have tremendous ability to shut the spickt off in Sacramento. And so I'm just asking every California that that has had enough of this to police, get out and vote. This particular election is probably I think one of the most important in our lifetime for the state. We cannot continue to go down the financial path that we are on. When you just look at the energy in the industry alone, they have just enough decimated our energy industry. And when you talked about the billionaires and how many have gone out, I just did a quick assessment. I picked the top six that had gone out the door, and then added Elon Musk into that mix. The one time amount of tacks that they would have been able to get off of these guys was just north of about seventy eight billion dollars. But it's backsired on them because they've not only lost the seventy eight billion they all left before twenty twenty five, in the twenty twenty five they've taken with them what they would be paying on an annual basis. They've also taken their companies and we've lost jobs. So what that number actually represents who knows. But when you just look at our debt bond alone for the state of Calcualt, we are we pump out more bonds on the backs of our people than any other states in the in the country. Our bond debt alone is just north of seventy eight billion dollars and our annual debt service on that is eight point two. I mean, we just can't keep running with the numbers that we're running. We are physically running. They're physically running this state into the ground. And what's amazing is he's going to be out at the end of the year and somebody else is going to have to clean up the mess. He just passed a new budget of three hundred and forty nine billion dollars and this is just not sustainable. It's just not sustainable. We can't keep all the entitlements plus the money that's going out the door with the frauds and our pensions. Our pensions are not even running fully fully funded. They're running between seventy one and seventy percent funded, So we've got a huge risk there as well.
Speaker 1: You mentioned your chief opponent in this race, the current lieutenant governor, a billionaire heiress, a lady Connell Louchus. When you look at how she campaigns, what she's putting on her website, what she's saying when she's interviewed, what she's saying at public forums that she's participating in, it seems like all she talks about is Donald Trump, how much she hates Donald Trump, what she's going to do to block the Trump administration, how much she dislikes what he puts out on social media, the basics. She seems like she's not even concerned with the duties that comes with the office. It seems like something that she's just not interested in. Is it frustrating to run for an office against people who aren't even talking about the subject matter that you would have to deal with should you be elected.
Speaker 2: She knows something. I think that's one of the reasons why I am trying to be as vocal as I can, and I'm talking to folks. The Lieutenant governor position is kind of also a figurehead. You kind of have a beautiful little title, but you really don't have to do much work unless you want to. The Treasurer's office can be the same can be the same way because the day to day work is actually done within the divisions of that office. There's four hundred employees, and within that there's about eight or nine major divisions, and they all have their own CEOs and experts within those. The day to day work is done in those divisions, and so she basically could take this position and continue on basically doing nothing and just being a figurehead. That's not why I'm running. I'm running. I'm coming out of retirement. I don't need this job. I don't need the salary off of this job. I'm going up there because my kids and my grandkids can barely afford to live in this state anymore. And as I talk to other people around, they're hurting, they're suffering, and you know something, maybe instead of fighting Trump, maybe you should start fighting for the people of California, because those are the people that you've been duly elected to represent. That's why I'm going to Sacramento.
Speaker 1: The state of California is expected to lose between three and five congressional seats and electoral votes after the next census because of our population decline. You go to states like Arizona, Nevada, now even places like Texas and Florida and Idaho and other states in the West, in the Rocky Mountain West, you find a former bunch of former Californians. If we don't write this ship, do you think we're going to continue to see a population decline over time?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Absolutely, We're already seeing it. And matter of fact, I've got quite a few friends that have moved to Florida or have to move to Tennessee to get out from underneath the amount of tech tax debt that they've had to pay. And I mean I just recently bought a house in November and I had to still stock to be able to purchase the house. And were I say, California Franchise Tax Board was right there. They want their money immediately. Where the federal government, I mean, you can kind of push it out over time, but not the state of California. It's just the sense of the greed on that machine is just it's never ending. And I think if we can't get this ship turned around, we're going to continue to see people leave.
Speaker 1: And you talk to realtors and they say a lot of people are trying to sell their homes. We don't have many buyers right now.
Speaker 2: Well, the reason why we don't have a lot of buyers is number one. Now we've got a new fed share I think that's going to help. I think they've kept things boosted to hurt the current administration. So I think if we can get some interest rates down, and I think if we can get the tax burden lifted off the people. The other thing, too, is the amount of regulations that just continues to get cranked out by our legislators or by bureaucrats. We've got to get some of this stuff turned around and lift the weight off of the people of this state. If we can do that, I think, and make California golden again.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you and we'll end with this right now, the tech industry and AI specifically, is driving not only the economy of the state, the economy of the country, the economy of the world. If we can't figure out how to make the state work, we're going to lose that industry to Texas or some other state that will welcome them with open arms. And all of those high paying jobs, all of the people that work for those companies, all of the wealth that they create, all the capital gains that's going to go with them, and it's going to be devastating for the state.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: And you know all these big AI data centers that are going to be needed to run all of these things have to have power and they have to have water, two other elements that this current administration has decimated in this state. So we need a new governor, We need a new lieutenant governor, we need a new controller, we need a new Secretary of state, and we in a new treasure I just want to urge your listeners please please get out and vote. And it's time for change. And the only way for change is if you don't follow a party line, but you follow policy, good old common sense. It's got to make a comeback in this state.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Hawks, candidate for State treasure certainly sounds like you've done your homework. You can get her online at hawksfor us dot com. Jennifer Hawks, thanks so much for stopping by and good luck on election day.
Speaker 2: John, thank you so very much. I've enjoyed my time with you.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. And do not forget. On election night, which is Tuesday, June second, we're going to be doing double duty. We'll be back from seven to nine at night talking about the election results, assuming they come in. Although we do live in a state that seems to take a monk moth to count the ballots. But maybe we'll learn certain things on election night, and of course if we do, we'll bring that live to you. I'm KABC in La KSFO in the Bay Area and KMJ in Fresno. And right now it's time to make a couple of listeners very happy. Seven ninety KABC welcomes Nile, Rogers and Sheep to the Pacific Amphitheater at the OC Fair on July the thirty. First tickets are on sale right now at pacamp dot com. However, if you're caller number nine right now at eight eight eight seven nine ozho five two two two, that's eight eight eight seven nine oh five two two two you'll win a pair of tickets to the show, and all concert tickets include admission to the OC Fair. Tickets are furnished by the Pacific Amphitheater. Good luck dialing. It is our pleasure to welcome our next guest to the program. He is the editor of The Gus Report, who you can get on online at Daniel Gus dot substack dot com and follow on x at the Gus Report. Daniel Gus, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Hey John, Thanks for having me back. It never rans does it?
Speaker 1: Never? A dull moment in the insane asylum?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: All right? You have a new peace out suggesting that the numbers regarding crimes that the City of Los Angeles is putting out may not necessarily reflect reality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, may not. You don't need to have a database from the LAPD, John to know that any claim by Karen Bass or the La Times about crime stats being down, let alone down to near historic lows is beyond offensive. And I wasn't going to write about this subject as I did this morning until the La Times came out with a propaganda piece over the weekend that just cut me to my core. It was so deeply offensive that I had to write about it today.
Speaker 1: And what did you write? Well?
Speaker 3: The LA Times published this story over the weekend saying that Karen Bass's you know, fight against crime is so low, that is so good, that the crime stats are near historic lows for violent crime in the city of Los Angeles, which anybody with one or two open eyes can see. Is patently false. And here's the problem. There is no way that the LA Times could know that because for the past year or two, the LAPD has prevented people from actually seeing real crime data, including what's called block crime data, where you can see what's happening on your street and the neighboring streets. So it's patently false. And I want to give a shout out to KCBS because their assignment editor, Mike Rogers, late last year submitted a public record's request to the LAPD and they've been dragging their feet. It's too expensive or they have too much to do, and it's not working. And essentially they kind of dropped the ball on that. And so we are being gas lit. What a surprise by Karen Bass the LAPD, but most offensively by the Los Angeles Times that's claiming to know things that it couldn't possibly know about crime statistics in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Here's the question that I would have for them. If crime as it historic lows, then why is it that businesses can't buy insurance or their rates are going through the roof and the insurance companies are specifically citing crime when these people call their agent to find out why their policies are going through the roof? Why is it that people are so frustrated with retail theft and with crimes being committed at their place of business that they just stop calling the police at the time when it happens because they know it's useless.
Speaker 3: Well, right, but you're assuming that if you ask that question of the Mayor's office or the l a p D or the LA Times, that they're going to speak to you man to man, that they're not agenda driven in terms of the LA Times, or or budget driven like the l a p D. Or politically driven like the Mayor's office. And this is even more the case. It's such a deeply offensive claim by the Times in Bass and the l a p D. That this is especially acutely dishonest when it comes to violent crimes. Aren't robbery, murder, sexual assaults and so yeah, that's the question I would have for them. But they are not in the business of news and transparency. They are in the business of keeping one another employed at your mind and your listener's expense.
Speaker 1: Well, we do the California crime Blotder just about every day, and Los Angeles makes the Blotterer, particularly recently in the San Fernando Valley, all the time. And one of the reasons that we do the blotterer is because the point of view of the electeds is if we just stop talking about crime, then people would be convinced that crime is down. Well, we're not going to stop talking about it because it's going on all around us. And the pressure may work on some shops, it's not going to work here. The crime is going on and we're going to talk about it. But that is their point of view. In fact, that point of view is expressed in an MTA board meeting in explicit words, where their attitude is just flood the zone with stories, positive stories about the MTA, about Los Angeles, and then people won't pay attention to the crime stories because they'll see the positive stories. And if you just get enough positive stories out there, it'll counteract all of the negative stories. But the reality is it's going on. It's happening. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be reporting on it, and they just want us to shut up, right.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing. It's a vicious cycle because all because of these you know, computer algorithms and things of that nature. When the LAPD, when the La Times puts out a story, Aol dot com and Yahoo News and Google News and MSNBC or whatever it's called now it's see and then they just parent one another's content. And so by the time it actually gets out into you know, the the universe, or as they say in City Hall, when he gets out into the diaspora of Los Angeles, the lie is repeated so many times that the truth is always running to catch up to it. And like I said, if it wasn't such a deeply offensive declaration by libor Janny or whatever his name is at the La Times, I might not have written about it. But it's so deeply offensive I had to so thank you for echoing the truth out to Los Angeles as you're doing right now. Way, John, can I also add that the timing of the La Times story, which which almost is almost a perfect mirror of Karen Bass's TV campaign ads, like it's echoing through my head. The timing of the La Times BS story cannot be missed. It cannot be underestimated because they're doing this a week before the primary. Come on, I wouldn't spend a time now or in ten year on the La Times. And gosh darn, don't trust a word that they say about anything.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you crime stats and homeless stats. It's like weight loss. You can see it with your own eyes. You can feel it. You are aware of your surroundings. You know what's going on. If you have a fat friend who claims that all they're eating is salads right now, and all they're doing is running on the treadmill and they're losing weight like you wouldn't believe, and they still have breasts and they look like they're about ten months pregnant, you know they're lying to you because you can see it with your own eyes. Now, if someone does actually lose weight Al Roker, for example, big fat guy normally delivering the weather, and all of a sudden he's a half a roker, the first thing you say to yourself is, what the hell happened to al Roker. He lost like half of his weight or more. You notice it immediately when homeless homelessness goes down and crime goes down. You can feel it. You drive around town. You see fewer tents, you're pumping gas. You don't have someone giving you a problem if you are talking about crime. You talk to people who own small businesses. They don't complain about crime twenty four to seven. You don't hear people being dropped from their insurance policies or having their insurance policies shoot through the roof. You can tell by living here, and none of us feel that way. And it's not because we're emotional, or it's not because we're being manipulated by the press and sensationalist journalism. It's because we have our eyes open and Karen Bass is trying to flood the zone with lies, so we don't believe our own lieon.
Speaker 3: Eyes right, there's a perfect analogy with the al Roger and the weight loss thing. But the problem is the mainstream media, most of it, not you, not Randy, but most of it just looks what the La Times say and doesn't do its diligence to find out what the truth is. So I also point a finger to the media outlets that just echo the same lies and people who are, like I said, going, you know, busy picking up the kids from the school, or getting to the dentist or getting dinner ready by five o'clock. They only know what's in front of them. But it's a disconnect, and we're hoping to God that this time, maybe this time, people are going to say, you know what, the mainstream media is not telling us the truth. In Los Angeles, it's way worse. I live in Sherman Oaks, which has historically been protected from the dangers and the craziness of the city, but it's a disaster here under Nathia Ramen. And so hopefully people will stop listening more to what's being parroted by the mainstream media from the La Times and start listening to their own common sense, because that is where the truth lies. And of course you.
Speaker 1: And me, and of course if they are in fact cooking the books on the crime stats, that would be totally within the character of Karen Bass and City Hall, because she was the one who got caught red handed cooking the books on the after action fire report when the actual report was going to make her look awful, so she had to finesse and massage certain things to make it look less bad. If you're willing to do that for the fire report, why wouldn't you be willing to do that for crime stats too.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, John, But they're not just cooking the books. For example, if there's an armed robbery that turns into a murder, the LAPD only counts that as one crime, it's actually two or more crimes. But they're not only cooking the books. They are withholding from us crime data that we are entitled to. The LAPD stopped providing it. In Karen Bass's term, only cooking the books and what they're releasing is untruthful. They're not allowed to withhold it from us, And what the LAPD through the City attorney, through the City Attorney's office, Heidefeldstein Soto's is saying, well, you know, if we release the actual crime data, there might be a public panic when people see what the real crime stats are and it could lead to misguided public safety discussions at city council. Well, they think that you and I and your listeners can't handle the truth. As Jack Nicholson said about what's going on, here, but we're already experiencing it, so why not release the crime data? And it will be released in time. But wake up, people, your own tax dollars are being used to gaslight you and prevent you from seeing what you already know. That crime data in Los Angeles, in my opinion, especially violent crime data, may be at near all time highs, not near all time lows.
Speaker 1: Well, and I mentioned before the apathy of people who don't even bother to notify the police when they're the victim of a crime because they know nothing's going to happen. You also have to understand that the cops are being told to just not enforce certain laws. I mean, look at what goes on on a daily basis in the homeless encampments right in front of the cops, where you have drug use going on, you have what's obviously stolen property, you have public camping, you have a litany of other crimes that go on on a daily basis, and nobody blows the whistle. So none of that shows up in any statistic. And I'd also go back to the riots that we saw when a BLM was a thing, and those were some of the most violent and costly riots that have happened in the history of the United States, and how many arrests were made, how many people got arrested for eluding or for burning businesses or breaking the law, or when Ice was here making arrest and you had the freeway shut down and black and whites lit on fire and all those things, how many people got arrested for that. The answer is almost none. So on the books, nothing happened during those two sets of riots because the city doesn't want them documented in any way.
Speaker 3: Right, And I don't know if you remember back to one specific incident during one of not the BLM riots, but the anti Ice riots, the twin daughters of a guy by the name of Rick Cole, who is a top level guy in Kenneth Maheea, the city Controller's office. Rick Cole, who has had some activist problems with the law in his past. His twin daughters, including one that worked for a city council member. One of them, at least to one of them, was arrested for throwing a frozen bottle of water at an LAPD officer. A city employee was arrested for throwing this this frozen bottle of ice water and an LAPD officer during a riot. Well, you know, John, I believe in my notes I have somewhere that city Attorney Heidi Feldstein Soto may have tried to interfere with what she was charged with, and it was she wasn't charged with what she should have been charged with, and it was watered down. So if you're an insider of city hall and if your daddy works for Kenneth Mahea's office, you might just get away with assault battery with a dangerous weapon on a police officer. So yeah, that and discouraging people from reporting crimes, with holding crime stats or misleading crime stats, it's all part of the same, you know, corrupt kettle of garbage.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to the La Times for a second, because the owner of the paper, Patrick Soon Schong, said on any number of occasions in public forums that he understood that the paper went off the cliff to the left, and one of the big mistakes was endorsing Karen Bass when she ran against Rick Caruso the first time around, that if he had to do it over again, he wouldn't have allowed the paper to do that. Yet you look at the coverage of the newspaper and they're printing Karen Bass's lies. They're putting stories out there that are meant to lift her up at the same time that they're out there slitting Spencer Prattz throat on a daily basis. Nothing at that paper has changed. Why is it that he can't get his people in line?
Speaker 3: You know, that's a great point, John, Yeah. Patrick Suinschong, the one hundred percent owner of the Los Angeles Times said, you know, when he decided not to endorse anybody in the presidential campaign, when he admitted that endorsing Karen Bass was a mistake, which is quite a bold move. Has absolutely gone silent on the Times coverage. Oh and his bias meter, which was a colossal fail from day one. I don't know, but I don't know if the guy has just given up on this money hemorrhaging investment of his who she's now lost hundreds of millions of dollars in the past seven or eight years. I my gut is telling me that he just might be a sophisticated kind of like an elegant leftist now because nothing, as you said that, nothing of the La Times has changed. They are you know, whether it's Noah Goldberg issuing propaganda statements about Spencer Pratt's residence which is patently false, or things about crime data or about Nitia Rahman. No, it's it's a public relations outfit and he owns one hundred percent of it. So my conclusion has shifted from Gee, this this news outlet, pseudo news outlet, isn't just out of control. I'm beginning to think that Patrick soun Sean is just an executive leftist. That's my opinion, because I don't see anything to contradict that perspective.
Speaker 1: I'm not so sure about that. What I think is happening over there is I think that they just don't have a lot of respect for him. They don't like him. He tells them what he wants from them, and they go yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, and then they do what they were going to do anyway. And he's one of these guys with an attention span of a hummingbird, and he's moved on to something else, and he doesn't stay on top of them to enforce the editorial point of view of the owner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's legitimate. Maybe if I gave that some thought, I might come to that conclusion. Also, Yeah, I guess when you're eight billion, or maybe in his case now seven billion. I guess you can just let this thing run itself into the ground, because if you lose x millions of dollars per month, and if it's feeding the fire in the leftist DSA corners of Los Angeles, maybe you can do that. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but but but gee, whiz, how do you how do you accumulate such success and such wealth and then let your employees at the La Times, uh, run the strip, run the ship into you know, into into the dock, because that's what's happening over there. But what if you remember sometime last year he was gonna come on your show and I started outing him about about hey, why are you doing this? What's happening with the biases at your corner? And he just decided, well, I'm just gonna disappear into the ether. So so he's successful. Patrick soon sean one owner of the La Times. So he's wildly successful in these other business adventures, business ventures. But yet at the La Times, you know, the inmates are running the asylum. So maybe you're you're right, but I need to give it some deeper thought.
Speaker 1: Daniel Guss, editor of The Gus Report. You can get him online at Daniel Gus dot substack dot com and follow him on Exit the Gus Report. Daniel Gus, thanks so much for stopping by.
Speaker 3: Thanks John Phillips, I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: We have one more hour coming up, The John Phillips Show, Don't You Go Anywhere