Speaker 1: No back to dirty work.
Speaker 2: Adam Copeland and Derek Popa in the k n b R Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpots Studios Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpots are here. Where are you just drop in? Please play responsibly? Called one eight hundred Gambler, Kyle Hall, You.
Speaker 1: Don't listen to the show much.
Speaker 3: Do you know he knows?
Speaker 1: This was one of Greg Silver's favorite songs.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, Dude, Today's not Silver's day. Today's Crucos day.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: I thought we made that clear.
Speaker 3: Uh cry again, Derek, it's all misty when you play this song.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, he doesn't want to hear the lyrics here. I don't really get him.
Speaker 5: No, man, Silver, Uh god, this is oppressive. I think he flew to MetLife during the summer last year to go see them live when they were reuniting.
Speaker 1: So the man loves his music, love him, love it? Greg Silver, Hey three.
Speaker 3: One, says a coach. Can you do an entire show impersonating Greg Papa?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I think it's funnier in doses. Yeah, funny man would just think of funny situations.
Speaker 1: That he's in now, say you know what I mean? Now?
Speaker 5: Doing an am pressure for too long sometimes it's like, all right, you're losing steam.
Speaker 1: I will say this, I can do a whole show like Trump. I don't think anybody wants to that. No, probably not, probably not. We love the.
Speaker 3: Firings we do. Frankly, these guys we have. We've got to move phones.
Speaker 1: I mean that four hours show doing an impression that's rough.
Speaker 3: We've got to make canb are great again? We say, frankly, these guys too much money, these guys. Frankly, we're saving billions, maybe trillions, even by firing. Perhaps it'll be great again. It will be great again, Frankly, these guys.
Speaker 1: Trusty note on the commercial, Dude, you know we can't be ursel. I'm gonna call into text.
Speaker 3: Uh talking to our favorite Cruco memories of him as a broadcaster. He's announced today that he's gonna retire at the end of the season. And seriously, I can pinpoint moments of my life with the sounds of his voice, and uh, and how I seriously with it and everyone that I do. It makes me smile like naturally, which is what the point of this whole thing is. Right, So let's go out to Steve Steve's and Healsburg Steve, what's going on, man, appreciate you waiting on the line.
Speaker 1: You're on the Sports Leader.
Speaker 6: Afternoon, guys, just to prefaces. I've never called in a sports show before, but I have. Everybody likes to show their greatest baseball memory. There was no sports in my family, and I found baseball back in nineteen eighty and I listened to Hank Greenwald and Mike Cruco, and I was heartbroken after all those years of learning about baseball from that wonderful man, Hank Greenwald, And when I already was going to retire, I just about gave up. And one night I was working in a kitchen and I went over and I made a phone call to the Giants and I said, can I leave a message for Hank Greenwald? And this lady says, Hey, what do you want to say? I said, well, I just need to tell him that I've been on a radio broadcaster before. He made a huge difference in my life presenting baseball to me, and I would really love to come in and visit him in the booth before I before he goes. And she said, okay, I'll give him a message and I hung up. My wife goes, you do that helmets. Thanks God, why do you do that? And I said, well, this is me. And the next night I'm in the kitchen working in the phone rings and my wife answers it and she says it's for you, and I said, who is it. She says it's Hank Greenwald.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: And so I said, hey, could I come in just sit on one game with you. I told him a little bit about myself, and he said, yeah, just tell me the game you want to come to. So I knew that he and Mike both enjoyed cigars. So I went out and bought a fifth full of nice cigars. And I went and I went into the booth and Lee j was the Yeah. So I got to see all with these guys, and and then I bring out this handful of cigars and I said, I brought these for you guys. And Mike turns around and goes, Hank only smokes Dunhills, And I go, oh, okay, Mike's I've got huge. He goes, I'll take them. So I had a pretty amazing That's that is my baseball story, and I'll never forget it as long as I live.
Speaker 3: Steve, that's a great story, man. Yeah, I mean do that's that's just hit the right. It's it's really that's what it's about. And you said you've done some broadcasting. We're in broadcasting in the past. Like the fact that in your your your wife heard you do that and she's like, well, you're crazy, that's nuts. And most of the time we do stuff like that and we think, ah, whatever, maybe I'll hear back, maybe I won't. But really, to me, Steve, it's about the connection you felt, because with baseball, we let these guys into our lives seemingly every day, and I feel that's a responsibility we carry even on this show a little bit. But it's that's a true connection. That that's the tell of a great broadcaster. That you even felt you could reach out and connect that way, I think is the magic of what this thing is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like I said, it affected me because I know he wouldn't have called back if it didn't touch him. Way to hang out with those guys for a game was a uh, you know, a treat that anybody in baseball would like to have if you like you guys have been saying about those those people that have meant so much and you know, hey, not sure and cancer with this. But we're sure you're creating some memories and we're making a difference to one another, and for some reason, that's the entertainment of sports. Is I'm just a baseball fan. I don't do other sports. Yeah, like I said, those sports in my family. But that was what I found by accident, and I'll never give it up.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad you did, Steve, and I appreciate the call man. Thanks so much about that. I mean, seriously, that's what that is. A guy who has never called a sports radiatorship before said, I got to tell a story about my Kirk. That's what That's what that means. That's what that's about.
Speaker 1: And that's an amazing story. That's a great story. I love that. No, I mean I hear stories all the time.
Speaker 3: You to play the high schools like prison, but it is a good story.
Speaker 1: No, I like that, But no, like I hear that all the time.
Speaker 5: Like, uh, you know broadcasters that got their start is you know, being inspired by my father, Like you know, I think I forgot the name of the guy. But he used to be the play by play voice of the Chargers back in the day. He used to be the voice of the used to be the voice of the New York Mets, and he met my dad when he was twelve years old and he was so inspired that he became a broadcaster.
Speaker 1: And those stories, uh from my coaching trade day exactly. I found him my disciple. Yeah, he's from my staff. Real cool. I'll tell one more story about Kruco behind the scenes.
Speaker 5: So we're in Colorado and Dave Fleming this is early in his career and he got a bloody nose during a game in Colorado. Yep, so he calls the game with a piece of toilet paper in his nose the entire time.
Speaker 1: Now he's not on TV, so no one cares.
Speaker 5: And then when they do the rap, it's John Miller's Dave Fleming, it's Kruco. Actually, maybe John Van Miller wasn't there because.
Speaker 3: It was probably it was probably Dwayne Greg Dwayne, Papa Flem and Krug.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so of course those guys would raz Flem all the time, early in his career.
Speaker 1: And they come in and I was never forget this Cruco going. You gotta be kidding me. You did the whole damn game with a tampoo in your nose.
Speaker 2: Chris A.
Speaker 3: Rioty just the way he says, Oh, that's hysterical. Anyway, came guards never to call. Let's go back out to the phone line. How about I got Pat H. He said yesterday he called in. We didn't get to him and said his location was the YouTube chat, which I like about, dude, Pat H.
Speaker 1: What's up, Dude H? On a Thursday, You're on the Sports Leader.
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 9: Guy?
Speaker 8: I got a It's quite a time to be calling into this show.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you what. I got a lot to say, but I'll try and squeeze it all in here.
Speaker 1: Squeeze.
Speaker 8: One of my first ones was my dad and I were driving back from camp near Tahoe and we got CAMBI are on, dude, and it's the Kevin Millwood No Hitter, also known as Dave Fleming's first Game four Memories. My dad and I driving back in the eighty five Chevy from Tahoe. Man from my childhood. It was Joe Starkey calling Niners game again, my dad and I driving around. You know, yeah, Owens, you know stuff like that. Nationally. I love Keith Jacksons Dude ABC Saturday. Oh yeah, and then your dad, man, we got to talk about him for a second. I don't know if I've ever laughed harder than him and Jake the Snake Plumber eating the mushrooms that radio road that might.
Speaker 1: Make an appearance in the sounds for Gregor later, dude.
Speaker 8: And then, uh, you ever tried breast milk?
Speaker 2: John?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't have that one better in the hall. We gotta we got it to in the classics pattage.
Speaker 8: John Cruco Crewco earlier this year, saying drop trou and Hogg.
Speaker 3: All yeah, dude, that it might be his last great original stamp.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think so, I think so.
Speaker 8: Jesus. All right, brothers, Well, thanks for letting me call in here.
Speaker 1: We're gonna see you tomorrow.
Speaker 8: You coming out, of course, dude. Oh so we got a bunch of guys coming out tomorrow, dude.
Speaker 1: Okay, so where's the deal? Here's the deal page.
Speaker 5: When you're ordering your food, though, be a little more uh less loud, i'd say.
Speaker 8: Okay, I I uh, I won't be there till a little bit later though.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we'll see page on the patio tomorrow, if you know, if the show is still on, we'll be there tomorrow, dull pat we'll see at the ballpark. He'd appreciate the call. Were you pointing out to the time last time when patt Ah was there and he was like he was ordering his lunch. Yeah, he was, uh, you know, starting right close to the states in front of us doing the show, and.
Speaker 1: He was like, hey, hey, also onion rings, onion rings.
Speaker 3: I was like, we're right here, we're on the air. Yeah, let's go to Rick. Rick is in pacifica at anyway, cambire Rick, what's up, dude, You're on the sports later.
Speaker 10: Hey, fellows, thanks for taking my call, and.
Speaker 1: Of course I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 10: So so when Kuco first got on the air, he was briefly paired with Lawn Simmons and he was, you know, nervous expectedly and he was, you know, kind of chit chattering, didn't quite have the pattern of speaking way or whatever how it plays out with you guys, and he was he talked over Lawn and what he meant to say was go ahead, but what came out was goat head. Lawn just busted up, couldn't stop. It was just a hilarious moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that, man, That's a good memory.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 10: And then years later. Now we got, of course the best. There is one thing that I will say that in terms of memories of the broadcast team in general, but you know, specifically Kruke. We were watching, you know, bomb Gard to come out and save our World Series. We couldn't watch Joe Buck. It was unwatchable. Yeah, and my son and I my wife were sitting there listening, were watching the game, and you know, when it came down to that inning at the very end of the game, it was out to out, pitch to pitch, bad to bad. It was just nuts. I couldn't take it. I shut the TV off. My wife goes, what are you doing. I were turning on the radio. We're gonna win this game. You listen to our own guys.
Speaker 1: I know the feeling, right, I know the feeling.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 3: This happened to me in two thousand and three when the Giants were playing the Marlins. In that game, I should have been Game four in Miami, dude, a Player Stadium or wherever the whatever the name of the ballpark was at the time, and I remember my Mama Susie were about to leave to go somewhere. I was going to referee a Cyo game. And I was standing at the edge of like the pool table and are living there like waiting, like like anxiously, and she's like, I'm going to the car. She said, I'm gonna go listen to the car said I can't watch. And that's how she wish how she is too. She's like, I get too stressed. I want to hear my guys call it. So even in a loss, that's the things you want to be comforted. If you're gonna lose, you want to lose with your guys. I know the feeling because because the national guys are going to do it different. Hey thanks, n yeah, man, appreciate the car. Appreciate you so much, dude, anyway can be R four one five eight, awight five six two seven is the number to call in the number of text Did you do that in the in the Super Bowl? And O two?
Speaker 1: Did you go turn it off in the second half and try to catch your dad? No? No, no, I want to I want to hear from the jump it was.
Speaker 3: I want to hear my dad call these last three interceptions again.
Speaker 5: And I want to I want to hear if my dad's excited that Gruden got the first championship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder how he feels about this product. Feel good for John to day, I kind of feel good for for Gruden.
Speaker 1: Really. By the way, did you see Bouten Joviy up there? It's my life, is what he said.
Speaker 3: Remember Gruden says, I'm gonna look up and there's bon Jovin.
Speaker 1: It's one hell of a day. He's singing about me.
Speaker 5: Tim Brown years later and we Love Tim Brown came on the show with us as a surprise with Steve Young.
Speaker 1: Jerry ro Savor memory of me and you. Of course.
Speaker 5: But years later, after the Super Bowl, Tim Brown, I think did an interview where he was like, you know what, I always thought that Bill Callahan wanted to lose that game intentionally just so John got a championship.
Speaker 1: I was like, are you insane? That's that's that? That that No, of course, he.
Speaker 3: Just didn't have his own ideas. He was like, we're just gonna run the same playbook he ran.
Speaker 1: The whole year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and John and John was smart enough to be like they're running this play I know all this, so yeah, that always made me laugh.
Speaker 3: Anyway, came to us number to call and the number to tax. Let's go back out to the phone lines. Mike is in San Francisco. What's up, Mike, you're on the Sports Leader.
Speaker 11: I'm doing fine. I just had three cuckoism good. First one when a guy would throw a curve inside and Almo hit the guy. You go, that was a Dukie dropper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's Dukie dropper.
Speaker 11: Number two when the guy was not Hudson, Jimmy jacketting around.
Speaker 3: He does always Jimmy jacket.
Speaker 11: And number three win at three two squeaker and he goes. Just another effort.
Speaker 3: For appreciate the call of mind. Thanks so much, and there's so many Yeah, eliminad me Kruk. We talked about gamer Babe. We talked about as Patty's just said, dropped round, hogged out, maybe maybe his last Great's that's where you're like, dude, Kirk still got the fastball.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's really like And I gotta tell you, like brod like, just like in anything, I think broadcasters can lose a step.
Speaker 1: I don't think Kirk's lost a step. No, I don't think Kirk has at all.
Speaker 3: I think Kirk's been honest a game, and as difficult as it's been, I'm sure for him, because that's the thing is crooks. He grew up in big league clubhouses, right. He was a minor leaguer who went to a couple of different teams, the Cubs first and the Phillies. Then he ends up coming to the Giants and winning twenty games with the Giants. And one of my other favorite moments is is in two thousand and two, I remember listening to the postgame rap after they won the pennant and Kruko, I just remember this. He told a story, and I remember it said, because now it is like this, this series will end or whatever, and teams will like fly out that night, or you know, you lose a series and you just leave, just go, Kruk said when they lost the pennant the Giants in nineteen eighty seven to the Cardinals, he said they stayed in Saint Louis that night, and he said it was miserable. He said, they drove around all night around the team hotel, celebrating, honking, making sure we knew the Cardinals were going to the World Series. And he said in two thousand and two, and the Giants wanted, he said, I want you to pay that back tonight if you're in San Francisco, you drive around, you honk, you make sure that the Saint Louis Cardinals who are here and lost the pennant, that they know we want payback for nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 1: And that was one where I'm like, this guy knows, he gets it. He feels what we as fans are feeling.
Speaker 3: And that's something that was always uniquely special to me and something I really don't think he ever lost. And so as hard as it's been, I'm sure for him to not get to travel to all these ballparks, to have to sometimes call these games from a booth where he's not sitting next to his partner in Dwayne Kuiper and still do the job that he does, it's it's incredible, It really is what he's been able to do, and I commend him for it. I thank him for it because he did it for you know, I don't know, I don't know exactly how difficult that is, but it's not the same way he was calling games for a long time. So I'm I'm appreciative that he's done for as long as he has in the way that he has.
Speaker 5: No absolutely, and I think that fans have a connection to the local broadcasters, you know, like for me doing this radio show, I know we're on locally, but I don't want to be a homer win anything because I'm not a fan of these teams. But when you want to play by play guy or an analyst for a team, then yeah, you got to be a homer. I think that people love that. That's why they want to hear their guys during the postseason. Like Bob Costas when he came on with us, he was talking about I think Apple TV gives you the option to listen to the radio call if you have it on your TV, but he's doing Sunday Night Baseball now and he wants there to be an option in all broadcasts where it's on streaming that you can do that because fans want to hear the emotion.
Speaker 1: They want to hear that. And yeah, I mean also to Bob Costas.
Speaker 5: I remember him being coming on with us and saying like he doesn't want to do play by a play anymore because he thinks he lost his step a little bit, which is crazy to me. But my Kruco has been unbelievable in the all thirty six years. He's thirty six seasons he's done played by our analyst sports Yeah, Virgiants Baseball. He's he's been unbelievable. And there's only one person I want to hear when it's a weekend after a series and he's on with Murphy Marcus and giving the breakdown, and you know he's captivating even when the team gets swept or whatever happens.
Speaker 1: You want to hear from Kruco. So now we'll miss him. We'll miss him, and he'll be on tomorrow.
Speaker 3: No, not tomorrow, not tomorrow. So next week, Monday, Monday, he'll be on with Murph and Marcus seven thirty a Monday morning. Anyway, came to ours, I'm going to call in the text's go to Betty. Betty's in Benetia. Betty, how are you? You're on these sports Leader.
Speaker 9: Thanks for taking my call and I just want to be weeps because everybody's hitting the right what you got, Betty. I just like to say I always admire Mike when he would, you know, talk about various games and hitting and addressing the youth on what plays and what to pay attention to. That was so important and he took the time to do that. And also who bring up attitude. Your attitude is so important and even with pictures or anybody else out there, you know, you know, don't get mad, you know, be good and be good for your teams and put your energy into that. And he gets stressed that And those are important things and important factors and you'd be greatly missed for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And also I just want to stress something that even though it's old news, the COVID, when that came around, if it wasn't for your station, I wouldn't be going. I that helped me keep going because you brought you were sharing the feelings that we were feeling, not you know, no games, no this you know that until later, And that was so important and I'll never forget it.
Speaker 1: Well, Betty, I Betty really quick.
Speaker 3: I got to tell you, like for us here at the station, and I was with Murph and Mac at the time, Legitimately we felt the exact same way that while we didn't have games to talk about, I don't know what we would have done. I mean, seriously, it was it was a sanity thing. It was a bit of normalcy thing, and we were lucky enough to get to keep coming in and doing our jobs every day. But I'm with you, Betty, and I've heard that from other people, but you got to know it meant as much to us during that time.
Speaker 1: As it meant to you.
Speaker 3: And I really appreciate you saying that, and I really appreciate your your your focus on Mike Crouco talking to younger players.
Speaker 1: Because when I was a kid, that's something I paid attention to.
Speaker 3: And Mike said, if you're a young ballplayer out there, take a look at how this guy's doing X, Y and Z. Take a look at and how he's setting his feet here. He definitely You're absolutely right. That's something I didn't think about, but I always listen for that as a kid. So but I really appreciate the call. Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thank you, bye, all right bye.
Speaker 3: Bye eha wa camby our four one five itha eight five sixty two seven. The number to call and the number to text. It's dirty work. It's a Thursday. I see the lines. We still out some lines open, Matt Freddy, Tony, Josh Francisco. As you guys all waiting on the line, We'll get to your calls and your thoughts. In some of the best Mike Cruco moments and We are going to catch up with Susan's lesser at three fifty and rich Aila at four fifty four. Our Weekly Conversations eightaway Camby our four win five eighth W eight five sixty two seven is.
Speaker 1: The number to call. We'll take a quick break.
Speaker 3: You'll probably hear some more Greg Papa spots on the Sports Leader.
Speaker 2: You found dirty work with Adam Copeland and Derek Popa where no job is too dirty on KNBR Sports Leader.
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 1: Maybe more than tarps off the Veldridge knocks one out of here. Well, I'm gonna hold you to it. It's time to drop trout and hould.
Speaker 3: Out one of the great micro co lines. And it was it was just author this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this season man. And then it is a grand.
Speaker 3: Slim from Bryce Sudbridge, which is pretty incredible. Anyway, came to our four one five eight, five six seven the number of callin Texas. We've been reacting all afternoon long to Mike Cruco's announcedment this morning that he's going to retire at the end of the season. We'll go back out to the phone lines, get your guys' thoughts, your memories and uh and on the really the Voice of so many of our childhoods, some of our adulthoods, but for thirty six years, one of the guys who has carried the flag of Giants baseball, I think better than almost anybody in history. Let's go to Matt. Matt is in Middletown. What's up, Matt, You're on the sports leader.
Speaker 8: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 10: Coach? You're doing?
Speaker 12: Just remembering a memory. It was probably in two thousand and eight, I guess I was about twenty five years old, never caught a foul ball, never got an autograph, but to hundreds of games. Sitting club level with my wife girlfriend at the time, saw the seats open right up in front of Kruk and Kuipe and as you'd say, you know, I'm gonna go shoot my shot. So looked at my lady, she said, go ahead, went over.
Speaker 13: I was sure.
Speaker 12: Immediately shut me down, said, you know, you got to have a seat, young man, you got to get out of here. But Kuke gave me the one finger and the pointer finger, not the middle finger, okay, and kind of kind of told me just hang on for a moment. But it was right after the eighth inning, getting ready to start the ninth and as soon as they recorded it out in the eighth inn or at the top of the ninth inning, he signaled my way and threw me down a baseball and it was signed by both Kucko and Kuyper. I still have it to this day, and I just remember that being like my chair first moment. I've never got a foul ball as a kid, been to one hundred games, and and I just thought how human of him it was, And even in the workplace when I was probably being a little bit out of line, I just thought it was super genuine and pretty cool and uh, definitely a memory. I'll I'll always cherish and still have the ball, still have the pictures.
Speaker 1: So that's awesome. Matt.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the call. Yeah, go ahead, Thanks, Yeah, I appreciate the call, man, Thanks so much. The part of that, too, is like you sort of feel like, ah, that's a little kid thing. But it's like if you haven't had one before, you've never done that before. And if it's Mike Cruker. That's the thing is how many other teams broadcasters are are as big of names to the team as Mike Croco and Dwyn Kuyper are.
Speaker 13: Here.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean seriously, like you see people in Kype jerseys outside of like you know, for Hall of Fame players, of course you get that. You know, you got John Kruck. I'm sure there's Cruck jerseys all over Philadelphia's been there. I'm sure you've got I'm sure you've got KEITHR. And Anders jerseys in New York for the Mets because he's been there forever. But in terms of you know, all Star selections, hall of Fame status like things like that with with Crook and Kuype, that doesn't exist in spades, But for the impact they've had on the fan base and the people you see in those jerseys most of the time are not people who saw them play, people who are affected by their broadcast.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So that's I think that's that's a great story from that.
Speaker 5: No, I would agree, And also, like you know, these guys kind of transcend the game. Like I think they were doing shows during like the Comedy Festival in San Francisco. It is just Crook and Kype talking about baseball, but people want to see them because were.
Speaker 3: They they were doing like during the comedy fest, I think.
Speaker 1: Like sketch Fest or whatever it's called.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like they were doing shows and also like how many local broadcasters do MVP Baseball?
Speaker 1: For years, Krook and Kuype were the voice of that video a couple of seasons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were the voice of MVP Baseball for EA Sports. It was two thousand and three and four, maybe five, I think for a few years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great. I forgot they did this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my dad I think, was the voice of not not NBA Live, but another like knockoff one.
Speaker 3: Did he did he do like ESPN Basketball or something.
Speaker 1: Something like that.
Speaker 5: It was it was in the late nineties. I remember him doing a recording session for that.
Speaker 1: We got to find.
Speaker 5: And I'll never forget his voice over for that, just over and over again he tickles the twine.
Speaker 3: We gotta find who that existed. Dude, I'm gonna do some work on this. I'm gonna see if we can find the video game. Yeah, let's go to Fetti's and mil Peter's.
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 1: Fetti are on these sports leader?
Speaker 14: Hey, what's going on? Man's Derek shout out the dirty work?
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 14: I just want to give my Cruco his flowers.
Speaker 7: Man, you know, longtime giants.
Speaker 14: Man watch the games all the time with my dad, as a kid.
Speaker 3: You know, we had not we had a nine.
Speaker 14: O'clock curfew, but unless we were watching the Giants games of Magnum p I, we can stay up late.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 14: So you know, I still remember crewp being in the All Star Game. He didn't get the pitch, but I still remember him warming up, you know what I mean. I remember the fight with I want to say it was the Cardinals.
Speaker 10: That they got in the fight with, you know what I mean.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I still were the twenty and nine season, you know what I mean, and all the good calls, all the good stories, you know what I mean. I felt I felt like he should have been a pitching coach or at least a pitching consultant probably, Yeah, you know what I mean. And I just want to give him his flowers and shout out to Croup and Kipe. And I got two things I want to say your cud go. One is grab some pie meat and the second one, Kevin Durant, is flash from the five part Beats.
Speaker 7: I'll have a good day.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you man, Thanks for the call. Uh.
Speaker 5: I kind of know that reference a little bit. It's over my head, the five heart beats. It's like this, I wish rain would fall? Is that he's talking about. I think so. I vaguely remember the movie, but I know the song a little bit more. And uh yeah, Kevin Duran and his feelings lately about the Warriors back of the day.
Speaker 3: I'm really upset. I can't find any great Papa video game. You think what system you think it was?
Speaker 1: You think it was one? It was on PlayStation one. Oh, I remember it well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he tickles the twine Tony.
Speaker 1: Tony's in Dublin. Gonn have Tony. You're on the Sports Leader.
Speaker 13: Hey, hey there, Adam, Hey, Derek. Wanted to talk share a little bit about kook Is the player because I'm an old timer and I remember these moments vividly. We talked about the twenty and nine season in nineteen eighty, forty years ago. People may not know the nineteen eighty five Giants. This year's Giants put the eighty five Giants put him in shame. They lost one hundred games. They were a complete laughing stock. And what the team did was they bought in a new manager, Roger Craig. They had a phenom rookie Will Clark, a scrappy surprise rookie in Robbie Thompson. But the holdover to eighty five to eighty six was the grizzled veteran starter Mike Kruco, and that team contended from the start. They were a complete surprise in MLD. They played great all summer. Kruco led the way with the number one starter in the rotation, and then towards the end they faltered. They lost out to the Astros. Kruko took the mound on the last day of the season at Dodger Stadium with nineteen wins, and he went out there on the last day and showed his professionalism and his dignity and pride as a player, and he pitched his ass off and he won his twentieth game in the season at Dodger Stadium on the last day. And I remember watching on KTVU seeing him walk off the mound at the end of the seventh I think and just thinking, man, that's the man among boys right there. Fast forward one year to nineteen eighty seven, this team won the division for the first time in sixteen years, and Kruko's year was not as stellar as it was the year before. He was now number three in the rotation by the time the playoffs came behind the Russell and I forget who else, but he started Game three, the first game at Candlestick Park, playoff game at Candlestick Park in sixteen years, and they had split the first two games in Saint Louis. He took the mound and he struggled early. He was down two to nothing and the top of the second men on base won out and he coached a ground ball and Robbie Thompson made a great turn and they got a double play to get out of that inning. And then the Giants started to slowly come back and Kruke settled down. They had won four to two. Game three, Robbie hit a homer, Jeff Leonard hit a homer, and hit a homer, and if I remember correctly, I think Kruco sailed down enough that he went the distance. I might be wrong about that, but again, he pitched his butt off in a great game. I was in the leftfield Bleefer for that game. I'll never forget it. I remember Mike Cuco the picture and what he brought to the Giants, and those are special memories for me.
Speaker 3: Apreciate they call Tony, thanks so much. I like going to the to the to the playoffs as well. I was thinking about Kirk as the picture we did that. We had Betty call in a little while ago from Benicia saying that in COVID that was such a big deal to get to listen to K and br all those days and still have companionship there. So I felt that way on the other side of the coin, like from where we were sitting. But we did these we called them the vintage game rewatches, where we would find a game and it's entirely on YouTube. And one of them that we did was like a Giant's Cardinal playoff game from like eighty seven or whatever, and then we had Kruk on to talk about the game.
Speaker 1: That's all these players from the game.
Speaker 3: See, that's how you produced a show, Derek with no sports by all means coaches.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wasn't the producer, but I just I watched it happen.
Speaker 1: You know, don't you make any like to say on this run?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I can't hear. Let's get back to the phone lines. Josh and said, what up, Josh? You're on these sports later?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 11: How you doing good?
Speaker 10: How are you guys?
Speaker 8: I love the show great.
Speaker 4: I listened to you guys all the time.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Uh my cucko.
Speaker 10: Story is I played.
Speaker 4: I went to cal Pauly and I was playing my captain. My fraternity wanted to play ful pitch softball. Said okay, let's go, and they said what division? They said Division one. I said, all right, so we go play Division one softball and lo and behold, we're playing against Kuko's son. And my buddy turns to me, who's a Padres fan, and he says, hey, that's Mike Kruco over there watching his son play.
Speaker 7: Go up and talk to him.
Speaker 4: And this is in two thousand and three. So right after the two thousand two World Series and I walked up to Kruco and I said, hey, man, like I can't believe what happened. He goes, he never should have given the ball to Red Ortiz, and I'm like, oh my gosh, said I know, but he goes, they'll be back, don't worry about it. The nicest man ever. Yeah, second, only two, mister Papa, Greg Papa. So I started a tradition with my two children. I have a fifteen year old and a nine year old, and my fifteen year old or my nine year old loves watching the Niners games and listening to Papa, and I said, hey, that's the guy. And so we went to a Giants game, the last Giants home game of the year, day game at the Public House or whatever it's called now, and they're out there broadcasting and stuff. And I printed a letter saying, hey, please excuse my kids from school. They have a case of orange fever. And I put there John Lund and Papa's names on there. And I walked up there and I said, can you guys sign it? And they signed it, and my kids walked up and they said.
Speaker 8: Bring him on the air.
Speaker 4: Bring him on the air, and so they talked in Your dad was so nice to my kids that he started. He goes, well, what math are you doing? My son goes, I'm in geometry. He goes, can you drop plays for Kyle Shanahan And if you know angles, he can do this. And then I was like, after they were done on air, he came back over to the table. He said, hey, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: That was really great.
Speaker 4: I said, Lucy, this is my daughter, Lucy. I said, Lucy, this is the guy that you you listen to on the radio and you love his call and he goes, oh, well, you do it on air, and she goes no because.
Speaker 7: She was very shy.
Speaker 4: And I said, but he'll go back on. She'll go back on and do this other stuff if if, if she if, I can rite her with cotton candy. So I did, and she went back on and she did a canby R thing for for them. But I just want to say that both of them means so much to not only myself but to my family.
Speaker 7: It's it's amazing.
Speaker 4: I still have the letters signed by your dad and John Lund and I gave.
Speaker 13: It to the principal.
Speaker 4: I gave it to my parents who my dad is a Giants fan forever. I grew up listening to canby R. And so I really appreciate everything that you guys are doing. And I just want to say.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you so much. Man. Now, that's that's great to hear because.
Speaker 3: He ever signed you out of school for stuff? No, you know, like John Lunn did, but not him.
Speaker 1: John want me up all the time from school. It's kind of weird actually him and your dad's driver.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, I forgot, bardon dude, I forgot.
Speaker 5: But no, I love hearing that stuff because my dad connected to so many different Bay Area fans, you know, like it shows also all the teams that fired him.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, but bro like, well we've talked about it, like I have that story with your dad. Yeah, I've told you that story where he came into Boulevard when I was an employe there and uh moved him to a better table. I was like, oh, you need to. Like, I was like, this is Greg Paba, right, it was like coming off a chronicle Live or something like that, and like he's a legend. So we moved him to a better seat. He said, I'd like to go to the radio game on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like sure, I love that.
Speaker 3: I think I told you this. It was like a Friday night or a Thursday night. He's like, I leave you the tickets, blah blah. I took my number and my name and everything. Yeah, never heard from I told you. We were like on bart almost to the coliseum.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 3: Well, my buddy was like kept talking about how there was there was no way this was truly, this was fake. And I really started sweating, like I'm an idiot. This guy's not gonna just leave me ticket. We don't even talk since then, sure enough, dude, two tickets under my name.
Speaker 1: Sitting at the box office. No, I mean, I just I mean it's incredibly he just met me as a dude who worked at a restaurant. You want to go to the game on Sunday. I just said hi and moved him to a nice table.
Speaker 3: And so that's you hear stories like this Like I know that because I felt that too.
Speaker 1: But he but did you give him a check? Though? Did Did I drop a chat? Yeah? I wasn't the server.
Speaker 13: I was.
Speaker 1: I was like a major. See that's probably the way he got out of it. Was just like I'll leave him some Raider tickets and I don't have to pay then. Yeah, I was like a host. So I didn't know. No, no, either way. No, I mean, I love hearing those stories.
Speaker 3: He dropped the bill, these will be in then Die will be up in Mount Davis. Then exactly enjoyed Davis.
Speaker 5: I know, like A's fans, Raider fans, giants, fans, forty nine er fans now, like they all gravitate towards my father. So yeah, I always appreciate that because he was the voice of the Bay Area to me.
Speaker 3: Four times Bay Area Sports Broadcast or California Broadcast for the year sports casts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he always likes to say like I had to do all these sports and Vince Scully just did one whatever.
Speaker 3: But like Fosse spots to get the fall, why does that get so many?
Speaker 4: We know?
Speaker 5: Like, uh yeah, Like to me, he will always be the voice of the A's and the Raiders.
Speaker 1: That's the way I grew up. But yeah, I love that.
Speaker 5: Giants fans and Niner fans like, Okay, I appreciate the greatness.
Speaker 1: That is great Papa the voice of the Niners and the Raiders.
Speaker 3: But I think even Spurs, frankly my favorite, my favorite stop of Papa.
Speaker 1: Loved the Spurs.
Speaker 3: Also the Pacers, even eight away Cambyond that's deep popping knowledge. Yeah, knowing that he did so well done Trump, Acers and Spurs. Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Pacers. We love the we love playoff pe. All right, we'll quick break. I don't know why what about it in weeknees?
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I like Tree a weekdays. You can't be a week in the days. I like talking frum during during Pacer talk. Oh man, do you've have pace the guy in your show better, Frankly, Jimmy Chetwood, he could shoot it beg of Hoosier. All right, we'll take a break anyway, can be our four and five anyway sixty seven, I'm gonna call Francisco, James, Chris, Bnbido, Petez. You guys went in on the line. We got plenty more time to get to your calls. Also, Susan Slesster at three pot fifty. We'll talk to her about the Giants, really, my croco, I mean and dude for the years she covered the Giants or the A's we get talk about not just Greg, but we can talk krouk with her.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, we will the story.
Speaker 3: Of the week, the changing and ever changing broadcast landscape specifically in sports around the Bay Area, and some other elements as well. But we'll talk to slus at three fifty. We'll talk to Rich Arelia at four to fifty, and we'll talk to you guys next on the Sports Leader.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dirty Work. Adam Copeland and Derek Papa on KNBR one oh four to five and six eighty am V Sports Leader.
Speaker 5: Dirty Work on a Thursday, Derek Papa, Kyle Harr will be joined by Susan Slusser in about ten minutes, and then rich Arelia at four fifty.
Speaker 1: We're reacting to the news today of Mike Cruco.
Speaker 5: I'm going to retire after the season, after thirty six seasons Colin Giants baseball. And uh, if you're watching on the YouTube stream, Adam Copeland isn't back from break yet, so I'll do it again. We were informed just a couple of minutes ago that I'm Copeland's no longer here at cambr Look if you're mad that I'm had that joke. Sorry, it was a good joke and I'm doing again. This man does not know when to come back from break.
Speaker 1: Good lord.
Speaker 5: Anyway, We're taking your calls all day long. Four one, five, ate away, five six, two seven. Reacting to the news of my Kruco. Let's go to the phone lines. Let's go to James in the east. Bade James around with dirty work. What's going on?
Speaker 7: Hey, hey guys, this is say James. Uh, I'm when they put my toe in the water of the filth for the first.
Speaker 1: Time, calling in jip away my friend.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm in the corner east the welling and East fourteenth coach knows it very well.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, what if he was here?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, if he was here, you know about the jack in the box and so forth. The thing I wanted to talk about would touch on a few subjects is with Pop Senior and Tim Ryan working together. I have outdied when they did the first time they did Ayuka's on Fire. When they when they sang that together, Yeah, that just cracked me up. That's an all timer and all the other ad libs, uh that that coop would come on just you know mister football broadcaster and Barry, I mean, what what a what a gem uh? I love him. And then with Kruk and Kype as a team, of course, you know, people already sold a lot of the thunder ahead of me, like the horse laugh stories and all that. And then Krooke would always push Kype a little bit to tell a story and and and finally he'd get him to talk about something that he had done. And the funniest one I remember was when when Kype was playing ball in Venezuela and uh summer league I guess it was, and he was introduced by the announcer, the PA announcer, and I guess the guy couldn't pronounce you know, Dwayne's name in English, so he called him Dwannee queep a.
Speaker 1: Creepy right, Yes.
Speaker 6: That was it.
Speaker 7: And another thing they would take personal. If you're if you're listening to the game, either watching it or listening, and there was a you know, important game or close, you know, near the end of the game whatever, and the opposing picture would come in high and tight or hit one of our guys. The booths would go silent. They'd take it personal. Man, they would be like they were getting thrown at themselves. You could just feel it. You could just feel it. And then they'd come up. They'd be kind of salty talking about it and stuff.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: It was just fantastic broadcasting by silence, you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: One other thing if I made, if I could tell her John Madden's.
Speaker 1: Story, Sure, absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was on a train. There was a wedding party. There used to be a thing called the Skunk Train that ran out of Oakland up to Reno, Okay, And it was basically a party train. And my friend was getting married. So the whole wedding party, we took the train right to go to Reno and come back after the wedding. So we're on the train. Me and another buddy went up to the club car and our girls went with us. We were sitting there having a few and then the lady said, you know, we're gonna go mingle with the rest of the party. So we hung out in the club car. Next thing, you know, this gentleman from the back says, hey, is there any room in that big seat, because we had like a circular seat there in the club car. I turn around and it's Coach Madden. He said, yeah, sit down, of course, you know. So he sits down with us, and then we started talking a little bit and he was signing autographs the whole time, you know, just boom boom boom signed autograph and we told him we're going to a wedding and stuff, and I asked him what are you doing on the train. Where are you go? And Coach he said he was off to do his first Miller like commercial, that he was going to Chicago, he wasn't going to fly, never going to fly again, and that he was in to do a miller like commercial. So we started talking just general. I didn't want to start jamming him up with football stuff. Right off the bat, and he asked what I was doing, and I told him the kind of work I was in and that I was also an after school wrestling coach at Tennyson High School as a varsity wrestling coach. And he said, my god, he goes, my son's are wrestling. I can't. I can't watch him because I can't watch wrestling. It scares the hell out of me, you know. And I said, your boys played football. I assume yeah, and I go, you go to those games? Yeah, I can watch football. I just can't watch wrestling. So, you know, we talked about that for a while and I couldn't help myself. I said, so, coach, can I ask you a little bit about football? And he said sure. I said what was like? What was your I said, you know, congratulating they had won the Super Bowl against Minnesota. I think it was so. I said, you know, after you guys won the game, what was that like? He goes, oh, it was great and da da da dah. And then I couldn't help I said, who's the best quarterback you ever saw?
Speaker 4: Just?
Speaker 7: You know, boom, That's all I could think of. He goes, oh, for just raw power. Steve Bartkowski, and I was like, what, he goes, Yeah, he goes. I saw him stand at one hundred yard or at the one end zone and fire the ball one hundred yards on a line to the other end. And I think Bartkowski was playing for the South at the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And then the last thing I asked him, and I didn't think he'd answer this question. I said, who's the who's the who's the biggest asked in in the NFL. He goes, let me tell you a story. He goes. After the after the Minnesota game, I went over to their locker room and I was I was congratulating Bobby Moore, who became mud or shot and yeah. And I went up to the other players and I was congratulating them, you know, for a good season and stuff, and he goes. And I went over to uh Fran Tarkenton and I shook, you know, put my hand out, and he looked at me. He goes, we have five more minutes. We would have taken you down. And coach goes, did you see the scoreboard?
Speaker 6: Friends?
Speaker 7: And he just goes, he wouldn't, he wouldn't shake my hand. Was like this as anyway, I didn't think he'd answer that question, well, we got.
Speaker 1: To run, gens, we gotta run. I appreciate the call man, Thank you so much. Yeah, thank you, brother. Way. Speaking of Mad, and you see the Mad moves to come out.
Speaker 3: With uh November eighteenth, I believe, by the way, I saw a note today he said, dude, the new Mad movie is gonna skip all theatrical release and goes straight to Amazon Stream.
Speaker 1: And I was like, that's what all the great movies do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's just let'll just blow past any theatrical release and go directly.
Speaker 1: We know that. Do we know that? I don't know, but I well because I does.
Speaker 3: Uh, Like you know, like Adam Sandler's got that deal with Netflix. Yeah, all these guys have deals, so like that, so all their movies. Now he's got a production company. Of course, Happy Madison has signed out with Netflix or whatever. So they're like announcing grown Ups three. Oh yeah they announced that. Yeah, because so many unanswered questions from the first two. I never seen grown Ups anyway, it's not it's not for I don't think it's for us, but yeah, whatever, But I like now I'm seeing Nick Cage.
Speaker 1: I mean, he just did the Spider No War. I don't know if he has any tire. I kind of want to see that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he has any tire contract to Netflix or Amazon Prime. No, but that movie is gonna be released there, so it's Prime Studio Video, which is I think is mg AMA?
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 1: I believe so?
Speaker 5: But yeah, he was doing like I guess a trailer for Today where he comes out as Nicholas Cage like I'm playing the iconic broadcaster John Madden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boom tough acting to acting. Dude.
Speaker 5: I cannot wait for it because I think I think Christian Bale will not gonna have the park as Al Davis.
Speaker 1: Steve Barkowski is the best I ever saw. I'm never going on a train, dude.
Speaker 5: That's the part I want to see with as Nicholas k Nicholas Cage as Jean Madden and he's like, get maybe off of this train or no, it's just our plane. Like he's definitely he was definitely afraid of planes.
Speaker 1: He's like, I can't fly anymore. Damn it. I need to get on these trains. This should be to Pat Summer all now, it's not Caught Air, it's my Madden train. Uh, I'm playing Madden. It's so odd, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: It I feel like you'd be a better Davis. But they got Bail playing Davis.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think the facial structure of Nicholas Cage fits Al Davis. But yeah, if you've seen the you know, the earlier trailer, the teaser trailer for this Madden movie, Christian Bale sounds exactly like Al Davis.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I don't know what these with these like method actors do to it to get into roles that they couldn't.
Speaker 1: Like, you can't method act being an owner of an NFL team, No, you can't.
Speaker 5: By the way, you were talking about doing impression for four hours of a radio.
Speaker 3: Should you do Nick Cage?
Speaker 5: No, because that's hard to do and it's honestly sounds like I'm doing kunt of Reeves after a little.
Speaker 1: Bit of times. Yeah, it sounds the same. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But I will say this, back in the day when they did the Halloween episodes on Around the Horn, Tim Callashaw would always dress up and be Al Davis best Al Davis and pression one.
Speaker 1: Tim Klashaw's Al Davis is amazing.
Speaker 3: Fantom I would I've heard me that we should get some of that arden because when the movie comes.
Speaker 5: Out, because he would like wear like his jumpsuit and be like, you know, Tony Rally was the host, he'd be like, Anthony, Anthony, speak up, when you talk.
Speaker 3: Speak up, Anthony. Back down to the phone line. Just go to Chris and sack Chris. You're on these sports later.
Speaker 1: What's up, dude, how's it going?
Speaker 8: Can you guys hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Perfect, Yeah, I know. I just wanted to, uh, you know, shout out uh Kruco here.
Speaker 4: I actually just realized that he retired just from you guys, just driving home.
Speaker 11: With your guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Anybody you know who's been around baseball for a long time, played baseball at a high level, you just know that Kruco just be that guy who's been.
Speaker 15: In the the spot. They've been in the spot at the pitch. We can really give you a kind of an in depth breakdown, and like not many anas can do that these days. You know, like it's really is a dying breed. And I really wanted to say one thing. You know, whenever they wash go through the lineup at the end of the game, you know when he says Rivers just beyond the play.
Speaker 8: Is in the squad.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's gonna that's.
Speaker 8: Gonna be missed. I mean that that's something I remember.
Speaker 15: Like said the kid, watching it with my dad. But anyways, just wanted to come on here and you know, say a few things.
Speaker 8: I love you guys, show keep it up.
Speaker 11: I love what you guys are doing for camb.
Speaker 3: Are much love, Chris. We appreciate you, man, Thank you so much. Somebody else texting and I forgot to get this one earlier is whenever.
Speaker 1: They do a cool giveaway, I want to get down. I want to get that.
Speaker 3: I want to get that.
Speaker 1: I want to get that.
Speaker 3: I want to get that. He does have a bunch of times quickly it's got a bambino. Bambino's in the five five nine, Miro, A great bambino. You're on the Sports Leader. What's up dude?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 13: Can you guys hear me?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 16: So yesterday I woke up with all the Greg Papa stuff on the interwebs and obviously.
Speaker 13: Was taken back by that.
Speaker 16: And I don't know what's up can v are, But goodness, gracious man, that was not a good look.
Speaker 13: We're praying for him.
Speaker 8: We love him.
Speaker 16: I mean, we like this country.
Speaker 13: This especially the Bay Area of all of us, and we deeply love him. He is a part of a fabric of not only.
Speaker 16: Football, but baseball, basketball all three.
Speaker 13: I don't think he's talked enough about basketball. His knowledge of basketball deep yep so and then getting I just we love him Number two.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's been Kruco and Kais have been background noise in my house and watching games for years.
Speaker 13: Dude, cooking steaks, swimming.
Speaker 16: In the pool there on twenty four seven, I mean, just every game. It's a hard one, man, because when my dad passed away about ten years ago, we finally got to watch the Giants World Series game together. And this is kind of hard to do without crying, man, But yeah, dude, he's been a part of the fabric of the baseball community, especially with the relationship between me and my dad.
Speaker 13: He had a stroke and when he came.
Speaker 16: Back to it, Uh, we watched a lot of ball together and uh that was his favorite dude. Man, Kruco, the in depth knowledge and all that was just beyond special.
Speaker 13: And one more thing.
Speaker 16: If I could say this, it's the travesty that they're not in the Ford. See Frick Hall of Fame, both him and Kuyper. I think I speak for many many fans out there, and not just giant fans. But if you're a fan of baseball, you've ever heard their broadcast one time, these guys are beyond deserving.
Speaker 13: Just love him.
Speaker 11: I love your dad, dude.
Speaker 13: And by the way, hook line and sync.
Speaker 16: Bro, when you had the whole.
Speaker 13: Thing about Adam fired, I was like, what the he can't be true?
Speaker 16: Well, I use me like going and it was honestly good.
Speaker 13: That comedy bit was great.
Speaker 1: Thank you man, Thank you ro vaan Vedo van Bido. I swear to god, I didn't know he was gonna do that. I didn't even know.
Speaker 6: The show was going to do that.
Speaker 3: You didn't even know the show it actually started. I still haven't even heard what he said. I just heard Kyle Chung, one of our other producers out here. He just he's just out in the other room and he goes, ha ha coax is gone. Yeah that's what he said. I said what and he goes, oh.
Speaker 1: Your show is.
Speaker 3: That's literally how I found out what was happening. I was like, what are you talking about? He's like, I said, you're gone.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, the show's on kinds of brankster like that sometimes.
Speaker 11: Bro, I was like, Candy, are.
Speaker 13: Just absolutely trashed my day.
Speaker 11: I don't know if I'm listening again.
Speaker 1: Ever, WHOA, You weren't gonna keep me company for four years because me so.
Speaker 3: As I said earlier, Benvid, I would have been crazy. Not as crazy as firing a guy with cancer, but still crazy. Nonetheless, dude, vaan bino, we appreciate the call. Thank you, dude so beautiful because the great stuff is due the stuff with these dad And that's that's exactly what I mean about Kruko saying somebody taught you the Book of Giants Baseball and then you get to have that connection he said, watch a World Series game and hear him taught.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's magic stuff. Dude. You can't replace that, No, you can't.
Speaker 5: And I hear that all the time, where I mean, people connect to sports in that way where it's like, oh, my dad, my memories of my dad. Are me listening to K and b R or am me listening to your father or something else? So that is a getting lost on me because that's a special moment. And obviously I have gray moments watching my dad in person doing play by play. Because of my dad, I got to see my Kruco call games. So yeah, I totally understand what you guys are saying today.
Speaker 3: Pete, Bob, Hank, and Pete, I know you've been waiting for like twenty five minutes, and I'm sorry we got to take a break because we're gonna talk to Susan Sluster on the other side, but we do have time for more calls after. I really appreciate you guys calling in and we will get to him. Pete and Slow, I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to get to you've been waiting for a while, but if you give us a call back, we will get to your calls after we catch up with Susan Sluster.
Speaker 1: It's dirty work. It's a Thursday.
Speaker 3: Susan Sluster, of course, covers the Giants for the San Francisco Chronicle. Kind of feels like this isn't a day where we talk a lot of baseball and talk more about what we've been discussing for the last couple of days. One of the other anchors of Bearing Media, Susan Slusser, covered the A's cover the Giants and has worked with both of the guys closely that we're going to talk about next it. We'll talk some Kruk, we'll talk some Papa, and we'll talk to Susan Selester. That's all next dirty work on a Thursday. It's the greatest show in America and it's only here. I'm the sports Leader.