Speaker 1: No Beckham murphin markets on the Sports Leader, streaming live on the sports Leader dot com at k nb r V Sports Leader app.
Speaker 2: Let's go Reggae Friday, first Friday.
Speaker 3: I've worked in forever. I forgot we did this.
Speaker 1: It's cool.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: I forgot you worked on? Is that what you guys do? Reggae Friday?
Speaker 1: I like that?
Speaker 3: Well, who you got here, buddy? You play for us more? We got some Have Mercy by the Mighty Diamonds. Oh little don special with the Mighty.
Speaker 2: Listen to that? Yeah, oh yeah, hell yeah. Reggae Friday.
Speaker 3: Feeling good.
Speaker 2: We're making the by the way we look reggae Friday. We look out said Deli City. It's like fog just dripping off the trees, just wet everywhere.
Speaker 5: The ground is what But it's still a reggae Friday.
Speaker 2: Have Mercy the Mighty Diamonds. Sounding good? Have we made the connection with Hagges?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: No? Maybe?
Speaker 5: So let me know, still wait, still waiting to connect on a reggae Fridays on Stribbling Day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, fun stuff man.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we talked a little bit this morning the first hour about Dejon stripping. There were others I see some film review on Twitter. I love my I love my Twitter film people who do the film because you know they're better at.
Speaker 3: It than I am.
Speaker 5: And shout out the Twitter film junkies that are breaking down preseason football.
Speaker 2: You know who had some nice snaps. Grayson Halton, Yes, he did de tackle a lot of them, so that'll be good.
Speaker 3: Romello Height did.
Speaker 2: Not flash, all right, something for him to think about going into next week. They going down to La by the way to see our ol buddy, Jim Harbaugh, and they're gonna have a joint practice.
Speaker 3: With the Chargers.
Speaker 4: Don't forget who else is there?
Speaker 5: Who Daniels, Mikey we see down in.
Speaker 3: La all right.
Speaker 2: I see Curly furiously trying to get in touch with Guy Hayman back there. Listen, everybody, we talked about it. If you missed it, you know what, while he's doing that well, while once you play the Tim Ryan Trent Williams comments on stribbling and the introduction of Tim Ryan's new nickname, which is class Timmy Classic two. Unless the connection is being made now, I see Curley's got the body language.
Speaker 3: Is that a yes? We got him? Just live producing here, live producing.
Speaker 2: On the zoo or just on the audio, Walt, why don't you tell me Bud just on the phone?
Speaker 3: Old school.
Speaker 5: Uh, let's make the connection.
Speaker 3: Do it live. Guy Haberman, the man.
Speaker 2: He was in the booth last night doing the TV, actually looking sweet on the TV next to Tim Ryan.
Speaker 3: So guy, happy football season, buddy.
Speaker 2: Great to have you back, looking forward to a lot of this this fall.
Speaker 3: How you doing man?
Speaker 4: What's up guy? What's up? Fella's doing great? Yeah, it was at one point I turned to Tim like at halftime, I'm like, oh my god, it's seventy two degrees. I mean it was absolutely perfect. The windows are wide open and the football's back. It was pretty fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's always fun.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, we can mock preseason football you want, and it is mockable. It gets to a point where you're like, okay, let's move on. But seeing the unis and the grass and just the click of the pads, all that stuff was great. So well the easy headline, We're going right to the big headline. Ajon stribbling and your partner who so cleverly said when he gets in the end zone, he's going to call it the strib Club, which was an all time, classic guy, tell us everything, what you saw last night, what Tim and you talked about with Dejon Stribbling, What should we expect?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, And Trent Williams he said it with Trent Williams on the air, and Trent loved it. So those two guys were cracking up. And I saw it was an immediate top ten Tim, I don't know, top ten, top twenty five, Tim, Ryan, we'll see.
Speaker 3: But so many of the ones.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, I thought what was great about it was for and you know, some people listening get to go to you know, fan the practices are open, so people can go. But it's you know, it's not a lot of people, relative to the number of people that care about the forty nine ers, it's a very it's a miniscol fraction that really get to see in their practice. So for most people listening or watching or reading or whatever practice reports, you just have to take everybody's word for it that Dajon Stribbling looks really good in practice, and so that was cool. I think for everybody to see just exactly how how good he's looked. I think anytime you you have a young player, and I think back to Brock Purdy was four years ago Wednesday that had his dramatic preseason debut. Every chance you get, you don't want them to go above and beyond. You just want them to look the same way they looked in the last opportunity. So Inta, that's how he looked in training camp, that's how he's looked, and now in a preseason game, actually in the joint practice, that's how he looked. And then in the preseason game that's how he looked. And I think that's the greatest sign of you know, what it takes to be a pro, which is consistency, not just getting up for the game, not just being able to dominate practice, but being the same guy in every opportunity. And it was special. I mean, the you know, the Deebo Samuel signing happened right after the Ricky Pearsall injury, and so at the time it's felt, well, Diebo must be replacing Ricky. But you know, they don't really play the same position, they don't really have the same skill set obviously, But last night you saw when Dejon Stribbling caught that ball over the shoulder down the right sideline, it to me felt like a carbon copy of the ball that Ricky Pearsall caught last year on fourth and short from Jones against the Arizona Cardinals down that right sideline. It was like a gutsy throw. It showed that they trusted Ricky. Ricky had a few big fourth down conversions last year. He had won against the Bears, like they trusted Ricky Pearsall in a you know, short amount of time, he worked with different quarterbacks in an on lineup, but they trusted him. And I think what we're seeing with Dejon Stribbling is he's being trusted.
Speaker 5: Dejon Stribling was not the only rookie who showcased his skill last night down in Santa Clara. Defensively, guy, let's talk about Halton, Dugger price sock. Which one of those rookies stood out the most for you defensively?
Speaker 4: I Dugger. I thought Halton was a continuation also which been felt like a pretty good last week of practice. But I think there's no question that of those three, the guy they who they need, who they want, who it's trending towards making the most immediate impact is Dougger. What a unique situation for him to be coached by kJ Wright. You know, there aren't a lot of you know, six four plus long arms, lanky on a linebackers you coming in the league, who can really understand what it is you're going through. And he's got kJ Wright who's very similar coming out now. kJ came out of the SEC. kJ played a Mississippi State Douger. Somebody said this to me last night. I don't know, this may be even too obscure, Murph, but someone's like, you know, someone was a Georgetown fans at me mess, oh, it's great to see Alhoya in the NFL, And I was like, how many Hoyas have been in the NFL and like somebody in sixty three? Yeah, and then like I think Dan, I think Dan Reeves maybe went to Georgetown. Maybe there's a maybe tagle, but like, so, you know, he goes to Georgetown, then he goes to Louisiana. Louisiana. That's not a like, that's not the path for NFL stardom or just appearing in the NFL at all. And they've given him a lot of opportunity, Dougger, and he seems to be making them it. So, you know, I thought it was great that Tennessee played there once for an extended period of time to see Dugger run down cam Ward early in the game. He made another tackle kind of in space a couple series later, so he was really impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're talking to Guy Haberman of course, who was on the call last night doing the TV. But of course we'll look forward to Guy on the radio as soon as September ten down in Australia.
Speaker 3: That'll be fun.
Speaker 2: By the way, the Google search shows there have been a few from back in the black and White days. Buddy Jim Castiglia, a bruising fullback in the forties for the Redskins in the Eagle Albright. How about this guy al Blas. This a tackle for the New York Giants in nineteen forty two. Rest in peace, Johnny the Great Gilroy who was in the nineteen twelies, Jim Rica.
Speaker 3: Well actually, and then you know what it is. Honestly, it's power.
Speaker 2: Brokers, Paul tagliabu Art, Rooney, Bill Bidwill. They all went to Georgetown. Wow, so the power Brokers there, so that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there it is. But Jayden Dugger count him on the list. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I know he didn't have a huge amount of reps We had one particular play that jumped out and I think Marcus just mentioned him. That's Aphesian's Price sock. Now, you know, Jack Jones hurt his hand yesterday. Nate Hobbs hurt his.
Speaker 3: Growing in practice.
Speaker 2: You know, I was expecting Leonora Green and Stout to be that I think the main corners. But anyway, your thoughts on Price Sock and some fun that some listeners were having saying, is there a little Merton Hanks there?
Speaker 4: Guy? Yeah, you know, you're right. It's not just the arm length, of the neck length, the longest arms at the combine. You know, the play he made, I was an attention getting played because he was going up against the number four pick in the draft, Carnell Tait on the goal line, and you saw his long arms, you know, come into play there. So I do think what you said, the guys you said were the are the top three. And I do think Jack Jones was trending. He's been making a play every day in practice. I mean, you look at you know, he's the guy that's produced in the league every day. Jack Jones had got his hand on a ball, which you know the Niners need that miners need more playmaking this year out of their secondary and maybe Price I can give him some of that because of his length, He's so physically different than the three starters you're talking about Leonor and Green and Stout, who are so aggressive, so scrappy, talented, but not big, not long, and so yeah, maybe, you know, I think for Rahee Morris, anybody that can be a little bit of a curveball, a little bit of a change up, you know, had the chance to have a role.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and guy, I was going to bring that up. There's been a lot of talk about the forty nine ers DB's this offseason with the addition of Raheem Morris taken over as defensive coordinator, and I know last night in the first preseason game of the year, he's not going to show his full bag of tricks. But were you able to learn anything from the schemes or the play calling of Raheem Morris last night?
Speaker 4: I mean, not from play calling. I did think that the well, you know, I take that back. I don't know that it is a hint, but I do think it's that we don't need a hint, like they're gonna bring pressure more, and we saw it in some spots yesterday. You know, some five man pressures. That's some six man pressures, but some five man lines. I think it's gonna be I mean, it's such a crazy chess match to play the Rams week one, not just because it's a big divisional game, and not just because Kyle and McVeigh know each other so well, but because McVeigh and Raheem know each other so well. I mean, Raheem was there for three years. They go way back. The Raheem was the defensive coordinator for McVeigh. They won a Super Bowl together. I asked Raheem a couple of weeks ago, you know, do you have time right now to think about what McVeigh thinks about what Raheem thinks? About what McVeigh thinks about what Raheem thinks? And he said, every day, every day, you know, like there's no question McVeigh and the Rams are reading every they get reports on every practice report, everything everybody says about Raheem's doing. Raheem, you know, you're trying to figure out predict what is mcvay's going to do. So I think it's going to be exciting. I thought Tim made a great point on the broadcast last night. Raheem's defense last year in Atlanta had more than twice as many sacks as the forty nine Ers defense. It's not like the Falcons are playing from ahead, blowing teams out, you know, cutting Nick Boso loose in the second half, that type of thing. So that's a pretty good indication that ners see more of it. And I think week won such a great test, like can you get to Stafford? Can you can you hit Stafford and hit Stafford and hit Stafford. You know, they've been managing Stafford like they did last year. Last year he had the back problem. This year they're just at work last year, so they're doing it again. But that's that's a major factor.
Speaker 2: Right out the gate talking to Guy Haberman and guy looking at the clock and we got my kuco coming.
Speaker 3: Up, and we know, you know, we got to look ahead right now.
Speaker 2: Just what's next week, Like you're going down to La Chargers joint practice, and would we see any starters week?
Speaker 4: I would think we'll see a little bit a little bit more. Yeah, hopefully they're healthier right so that you can see a little bit more. So I would expect it. Uh, yeah, I would expect it. But I don't want to step on Crucos toes here. Nobody wants me to getting Cruco's way, but I hope. So, I mean that joint practice next week is going to be a big deal, just because the Charges are a better team than the Titans. So that's going to be you know, the reports, the stuff we're talking about coming out of Tuesday is going to be a big deal too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't mean to shove you to the side.
Speaker 4: Guy. I'm a huge guy me.
Speaker 2: I was just looking at Sometimes I look at the guest list and I see Kruk and I'm like, well, Crook's like taking on a holder from Hugh now for us, you know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, oh believe me. Gosh, squeeze every ounce.
Speaker 3: All right, Well then you get to listen.
Speaker 2: So what you do, You're done, you can sell, you can sign off for the day.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm like everybody else when it comes to cup. Let's just listen.
Speaker 2: Dejon's stribbling, Grayson Halton, you know, some good shows. Uh, A fun day. Good to have it back, and we'll let you go. So we'll talk to you next week. We'll look forward to.
Speaker 4: It, babe. Guy. All Right, guys looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Guy Haberman, I'm shoving him out for Mike Cruco.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel bad. You know what we're telling guy, Grab some pine. It's time for my crup. But thank you for saving that my crewco. Next on The Sports Leader