Speaker 1: Okay, postgame rap time here from San Diego, where the Padres end up after the Giants took game one of this series, Padres end up winning the next three, so the Giants lose the series. Here another one of these close games today where the Padres use their bullpen, and I one takeaway from the series, and this is not really from the Giants perspective, but it is amazing what the Padres are doing right now with their pitching staff. And they had one actual true starter in this whole series that wasn't some version of a bullpen game or a you know, use a long man to start or whatever. And Walker Bueller was the only one. And he didn't even finish five innings. It didn't pitch particularly well when he was out there. And still the Padres managed to win three of these games. And I don't know if it's sustainable, but I give him credit. Their manager who was a reliever for his whole career, and the pitching coach, who's a good pitching coach, finding a way to cobble together all the innings that the Padres did in the series without without a starting rotation.
Speaker 2: It's pretty amazing, amazing, and now they oh Oh sorry, I didn't even see you walk in.
Speaker 3: Oh well, kind of a disappearing act.
Speaker 4: He's here, going to go ahead.
Speaker 2: Kay.
Speaker 5: Well, that's why it's so disappointing where you win Thursday night and you're thinking, well, you know, you win one more, at least you're you're gonna have a five hundred series. But yeah, it didn't happen. And here was what I was most disappointed in today. There was a ground ball that got through and there are some shortstops that don't like to dive, and if Willia Domas could have kept it from going to the outfield, it probably saves them a run and I might have hit off the I think it did hit off the end of his glove.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: And the reason shortstops don't like to dive is if they dive, they feel like they've given up on the play and they can't.
Speaker 3: Get it out.
Speaker 5: Well, sometimes you don't need an out, you just need to keep the ball on the infield. And I you know, I'm not getting on him, but I would have liked to have seen that ball not get to the outfield.
Speaker 4: It's a huge play in the game, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: That was the winning run, as it turned out, scored two runs on a ground ball, and I well, there are two runs on the groundball that did not get through the infield early where he couldn't get it out of his glove. But the fifth run was the ground ball that he went for and just couldn't keep it on the infield.
Speaker 5: And it was gonna be a tough play because the runners are on the move right, bases were loaded. He wasn't going to get a forced play at third, but it would have kept the guy that got the third from scoring.
Speaker 3: That's the point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you know, those little things like that when you're playing a good team, you got to you gotta do the little stuff like that.
Speaker 1: There were a bunch of them in these three days, just little tiny moments. You know, you have a guy picked off, but don't get him out, don't.
Speaker 4: Keep a ball on the infield. Maybe a walk here or there. It's just the difference at this level.
Speaker 5: Not so much this game, but the other two games. Two outs of nobody on and they score two runs after that, you know, and whether it's by way of a home run or whatever, but anyway, you know, look, it's going to be a disappointing year. It doesn't mean that these remaining games have to be disappointing, and this one was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right. We will pick players when we come back after this. Okay, postgame rap part two, We're gonna pick players of the game. And maybe it's my turn to go first today. I'll take Basab hit another home run. Like you know, he did not play a perfect defensive game, and maybe third base is not the right spot for him. That was a you know, that was one of those little plays where we had a couple of them. But you love to see a guy get a chains and try to run right through the door and take advantage of that chance. And isn't Bat's the last two days been really good almost across the board.
Speaker 5: I don't want Buscher to be influenced by this, but by the time he had circled the bases, I'd signed him to a three year extension.
Speaker 4: Hey man, you keep taking these guys. He's taken deep too, our tough pictures.
Speaker 5: It's why I wanted to see this at bats this last out and he gets hit. Hey, he's been fun. He's been a shot in the arm. Good for him, Yeah, good for him. Good call my guy, you got John, you can hit the fastball. He can hit a fastball, notice quality, you can't get out of the way of one, but he can sure that was like one hundred and one or something that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, uh, And I was a little chicked off about it because this guy seemed like he was around this kes on a lot, and all of a sudden, he's two three feet inside with that one.
Speaker 3: For the guy who hit one hundred and three mile an hour fast I wasn't really happy about it either.
Speaker 2: So all right, so I'm gonna go with Raphael Everes because he had a home run also, and he also had a walk and a run scored, made a nice catch going down the right field line with one of those back to the infield catches. So I think he had a pretty nice series all the way around, all four games.
Speaker 4: So Devers is my guy.
Speaker 3: Good pick. Which of the relievers pitched twelve.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I think Sam Henches pitched well today.
Speaker 3: He did. I probably haven't taken him.
Speaker 1: Dylan Smith did a good job too, but Henches was the guy who really probably did the best job.
Speaker 3: So I'll take Sam.
Speaker 1: He threw ninety seven one of his fastballs did ninety seven miles an hour.
Speaker 4: They did, so's he's throwing the ball.
Speaker 5: By the way, you checked the scores and anything that was going on today.
Speaker 3: Do you see the Cleveland thing? No? What, I had a no hitter in the sixth inning in Tawa.
Speaker 5: Your kid from Yeah tried to bunt really and he filed it off. And guess who made an issue of it and it started to fight Patrick.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: So and you know it broke up to fight the ground screw They had to bring the tarp on the field.
Speaker 4: It started.
Speaker 5: The ground screw guys are yelling at the players get off the field.
Speaker 4: That's that may never have happened before.
Speaker 3: Vote and uh and Tory what is it? Tory?
Speaker 5: They're going at it, pointing at each other and the ground screws. Guys, just get off the field.
Speaker 4: That's that's amazing.
Speaker 5: So anyway, when you guys, well you're on the plane. When you get on the busroom plane, check it out.
Speaker 4: I'll have to. I'll have to check it out.
Speaker 3: Although you'll be sitting next to DC.
Speaker 1: Oh we got cribbage coming here.
Speaker 5: He'll be showing you pictures sponsored by your California four dealers.
Speaker 4: So there's that.
Speaker 1: Plus the giants are going to Texas Trade deadline a couple hours before the game starts tomorrow.
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 5: That's the really weird part tomorrow is yeah, at five o'clock is right when everybody is.
Speaker 4: In the clubhouse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's weird, and you're gonna have boatloads of reporters and it's going to be really strange.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people will be very happy when the deadline is right.
Speaker 4: It's just an awkward few days. Well, enjoy you and you and Hunter on radio tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a national TV game tomorrow, so no giants telecast Hunter, and I'll do the.
Speaker 5: Radio broadcast and I'll be I'll be listening intently.
Speaker 3: I'll be listening. I always have my notepad and a pen, and I.
Speaker 4: Will send me a few thoughts. Yeah, okay, good, Well what.
Speaker 2: Do you you mean you write down little notes on like Dave.
Speaker 3: Why did you say this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I always write Hunter makes some sense and then you you text him and you'll know. Then I laugh at myself.
Speaker 1: That's what's on deck, sponsored by your California four dealers and the legendary four f one fifty truck. Visit by Ford now dot com today to find yours and we'll see you guys in a few.
Speaker 4: Days when we get back home.
Speaker 1: Friday night baseball back in San Francisco, the rest of us are headed to Arlington.
Speaker 4: All right, highlights right after this