Speaker 1: Giants Tigers, Game two of the series. I'm John Miller with Today's Tony Bytello Show. And before we talk about today's game, certainly there was a lot to talk about last night's game, A very strong game of the Giants last night. But today before the game, a great class going into the Giants Wall of Fame and all major figures in one, two, or all of those three World Series championships the Giants went through. So a great era and really the best era of Giants baseball. Those are the only World Series championships the Giants have had in all the years they've been in San Francisco. So Tony, for you in the first year with the Giants, this is sort of a front row of what the Giants are all about.
Speaker 2: Against Yeah, and you know, I was able to watch those guys play in person on TV and certainly a fan of how they all went about their business. I'd probably be trying to steal their time today, but it's obviously their day, and I've been fortunate enough to meet those guys and spend time around them and get their thoughts. They've helped our players. But you know, you talk about being good on the dirt, if you got that set up with Posey behind the plate, and you're gonna kind of call that your infield or guys that are on the dirt. It's arguably one of the best in all of baseball history.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, so Belt is here, Brandon Crawford's here, Joe Panic is here along with Buster Posey, So guys from the infield at that time, and Pablo and Pablo who was a guy who mostly played third base and was a guy who made World Series history in the twenty twelve World Series when he didn't hit just two home runs against Justin Verlander for good measure, he added a third one. It was just all of a sudden, like Pablo as the babe himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and did it against, you know, a future Hall of Famer. It's been cool to see Justin Verlander interact with guys like Webby and Rafi from last year's team. I know he served a lot of roles last year. One of them was that of just veteran leadership, and you know, it wasn't there's not many slouches in the big leagues, but it's not like Pablo did it off any slouches. That was one of the talk about one of the best in MLB in history. That pitching staff from Detroit was absolutely loaded, and the Giants almost made it look easy against that group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Pablo, and Pablo would also hit a triple and it might have been a basis loaded triple now that I think back to it in the All Star Game against Verlander in the first ending of that game, months before he had the home run show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Pablo's a guy who runs pretty well for himself, but he's not the guy you would pick out of an All Star group to hit a triple. So I remember that he had to barrel it pretty good and get it in the right spot and then of course haul butt. But yeah, he had a lot of magic moments, and when you're around him and those other guys, you see why they're good.
Speaker 1: So that's happening here today. And there are a lot of players on this team, a lot of young guys right now, a lot of rookies on your roster, And I'm wondering about how important it is or maybe I'm overstanding it for those guys to get this front row seat at this Giant's history and this franchise with so many stories and so much history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think no matter what you're doing, whatever field you're and you want to look to the people that have had success prior to you and try and figure out what that blueprint is and what made a tick for them. And then if you're really blessed, you've got access to those individuals and you'd be wise to ask good questions and maybe figure some things out that can make a difference in your game. And again, our guys had spring training opportunities with almost all those guys, and then Belt spend a good amount of time here. The day he was honored was pretty cool. So our guys are are fortunate to have a front row seat to today's honoring, but also have access to those guys which they need to take advantage of.
Speaker 1: The Giants and the Detroit Tigers. And it was a great night for the Giants because your team was playing one of the hottest teams in the game right now and an offense that has been off the charge the last three four weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if the forty nine ers were playing, you'd call it Ben don't break. What I mean by that is offensively, the Tigers have been swinging it about as well as anybody in the league. And I don't know that we really slowed them down, but that ben not break. The kind of deal is despite the hits and the hard contacts they had and some of the good at bats, we were able to keep them to two runs, which was huge, and that four run mark is something we've always been shooting for. Our records really good when we get there. Junghu Rafi did their thing. You want your best players to perform in order to be your most successful group, and Willy put the exclamation point on it. He did it with the glove for sure. But that home run created a big difference on how the Tigers were going to attack us offensively and also our comfort level on defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, huge home run by Devers from the first that turned the game around, got the Giants offense go. But that home run by Adamis now, that is a home run hitter is kind of a home run, a soaring, majestic clout that you could admire. It had a lot of hangtime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's hit a bunch of balls, just miss been right under a few balls. It's a nature of a swing. He knows that, everybody knows it. He's a little bit uphill, but it's super dangerous. When he's able to back spin a ball and instead of lifting the ball in the air, he backspun it. And he's so strong. If he can do that in any park, it's going to go for him. So it was great to see for him. He put in a lot of extra work before the game on defense and offense, and it was interesting to see two of the exact plays he was working on with Wash popped up in the game. He made him look easy even though they were more than difficult. And then good to see the hard work in the cage put off put to work with the home run.
Speaker 1: All right, So a great night for the Giants. Now this one we'll talk about today's game when today's Tony Bitello continues. Now more Tony Vitelo with the Giants manager landing Roupe on the mound against this rugged Tigers lineup. You kind of have to run the gauntlet when you're a right hand of some great left handed hitters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think with Rupe going back out there, in my opinion, he's been in a good rhythm. You know, the wins haven't stacked up for him, maybe as much as they could. I think A big key to that is what goes on in the biginning. Every picture, every starting pitcher, reliever, you're trying to avoid the big inning. But with his outings, if you kind of dissect them, usually there's one inning in there you wish you could remove. And again it's nature of the beast for everybody, but I think for him in particular, it's how does it go down? And you know, from our observations and getting to know him, when he's in the fight against the hitter as opposed to himself or other externalities, he's in a much better position to limit damage. And he's got the stuff now, he's got experience. I think as long as he's working in the in the fashion and has the presence that works for him, I think we'd be looking at another quality start.
Speaker 1: So here we go, Giants Tigers on the Hall of Fame Induction Day, and that's the Tony Bytello Show for today.