Speaker 1: It's the fixed California hour on the John Phillips Show. Johnny is back on Monday. It's Randy Wang here. The phone number to join us is eight hundred two two two five two two two one. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. You can email us at Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com and search for the John Phillips Show wherever you get your podcasts. Subscribe to my substack at Randywangradio dot substack dot com. I'm just gonna warn you right now, this next segment may be very difficult to listen to, but it is very important that you listen to every single word of it because what is going on on the streets of Los Angeles City and Los Angeles County when it comes to the suffering of animals on our streets, specifically dogs, it needs to be discussed, and our politicians have ignored this for way too long. They want to pretend like it doesn't exist, but it's one of the beautiful things of the age that we're in now. It's really hard to pretend something doesn't exist when there is so much video out there on social media of the most unspeakable things, and the one person who's been really shining a light on this to the point where you're hearing Spencer Pratt reference the animal abuse on skid Row on almost every interview and debate that he's doing. It all comes down to Joey Tuccio, who has been on the streets every single week, not only trying to save those animals, but documenting the horrific abuses that our city and our county don't seem to care at all about. Joey Tuccio, you can follow him on Twitter at Joey underscored Tuccio, and you can check out his rescue's website at starts with onetoday dot com. Joey, Welcome to the John Phillips Show.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you so much. I really appreciate it. And yes, a warning is always needed because what we talk about is pretty horrendous.
Speaker 1: Why don't we start off with what you've been uncovering in Compton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I do a lot on the skid Row area, but I mean Compton, in my opinion, is worse. I mean, I've been going to Compton for years and there's people that I've been going to Compton way more than I have and just uncovering horrors that you couldn't even imagine. We just went recently and we just saw chained up piples, all down in alleyway, no food, no water. We saved one puppy that had to detox from the drugs, and seeing the video of this puppy shaking for hours was a thing of nightmares. Dogs that are being electrocuted, dogs that are being bred, and then the mom is being dumped in canals. I mean, it's horrific. And a few days ago I made a post calling out Emma Cherif, who is the mayor of Compton, and she blocked me. Instead of instead of bringing it up and talking about it, she blocked me.
Speaker 1: The mayor, instead of addressing a massive, legitimate concern about animal abuse that's happening on the streets of her city, decides the best thing to do is bury her head in the sand and block you on social media so she can't see the pictures. That's unacceptable.
Speaker 2: It's unacceptable, and I actually it might even be illegal. And she's blocking so many people deleting comments. So yesterday I called up her office and I said, why did she block me? And then all of a sudden, her assistant said, oh, Emma actually wants to meet you. And what I did is I declined the meeting and I said no with no more closed meetings. This has to be all public. She has to make a public statement on why animal abuse is running rampant in her district, which is Compton, why she's ignored it, and what she's doing yesterday to fix it. She still hasn't posted about it.
Speaker 1: No, it seems like ever reelected official thinks that the best course of action here, whether it's the City of la the County, the City of Compton, is to just completely ignore it, like they do not want to address this problem at all, and the suffering seems to be getting worse on a daily basis.
Speaker 2: We just went to skid Row yesterday or actually two days ago. We rescued two dogs, one dog that had so many parasites in her stomach because she was eating feces, another dog that was literally hyperventilating on the streets because it was so hot out. Meanwhile, counsel woman Hisabohado has ignored all my pleas for help and even ignored reporters. Council Member Nitthie Rahman has walked out of city hall meetings when rescuers like myself and Rebecca core has come asking for help. Karen Bass has ignored everything. They just keep on ignoring the problem.
Speaker 1: Well, and let's talk about Nithia for a second, because I saw that video where you actually were able to confront her outside of the debate she did with Karen Bass at the Sherman Oaks Homeowners So where Nythia Rahman, just of who is running for mayor against Karen Bass last week, randomly posted I have a plan to fix our shelter system in Los Angeles. And what you found out when you asked her why this is the first time, even though she's been in government for the last six years, she's paying attention to this.
Speaker 3: She told you.
Speaker 1: I believe the first time she ever visited an LA animal shelter was five days before.
Speaker 2: Yep, So I confronted her, and I mean I think confronts harsh. I mean I just said, Hi, my name's Joey Chuccio. I just want to talk about you know, I go to skid row and why are you so silent about this? And her response is well, I went to an LA City animal shelter five days ago and my friend schier Astrov, who runs the Animal Rescue Mission, said, when you're running for mayor and you've only been to a city shelter once, and she also does I mean, Snythia is part of the committee that oversees the budget and she's never been to a city shelter before. I mean, it's disgusting. And she chairs the homelessness committee, I mean, does she not know that a lot of these dogs that are going into the shelters that straining our system is because homeless people. Not all of them obviously, but you know, there's a large group of homeless people, especially on skid row and surrounding areas, that are breeding these dogs and ending up in the shelters. It was so discussed. When I asked why, she had no answer, she walked away, like everybody else does. They just walk away.
Speaker 1: Well, and we claim that we have all these regulations that we want to make sure we're going after backdoor, backyard breeders, and we're making sure that we're controlling this population that already we cannot support because we've cut the budget of our shelter system over and over and over again. And even when our electeds and law enforcement are presented with the evidence, they say there's nothing they can do.
Speaker 2: Yep, there was. And this next story is sad, so I apologize in advance. But there was a there currently is a dog on skid Row that's being bred over and over again. Somebody who lives on skid Row send meed the picture, so I went. We brought the dog and the puppies to the vet with the drug autic owners and I say that because I think they're despicable. These two people in particular are despicable. And then we got the dog back to that said told me that if the dog keeps getting bread, the dog's going to die. I went back the next day to tell the owners that they said she still has two to three litters left in her being confronted with the fact that this dog will probably die if she has one more litter. So animal services went because I demanded they do. I facetimed them and when they were there, because I was at my house at the time, they said there's nothing we could do and they left. Now was that that happens all the time?
Speaker 1: It is completely unacceptable. There are all kinds of law violations, animal cruelty that is documented on a daily basis, and for some reason, we've decided that the population on skid row or incompeted there a protected class and the law does not apply to them when they are hurting and killing innocent creatures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's you know, it's also too we get calls. We don't just drive to content and skid row rubbing our hands together like what kind of mischief can we start? Today? A lot of times we get called from people living on skid row or living on contents, living in Compton saying, please help. My neighbor is literally abusing this dog, throwing water on the dog, electrocuting the dog. I can't say anything that I could get killed. That's what we hear all the time, is that we're afraid of our neighbors because if we tattle on them, we could get killed. So we have to go with independent rescuers and risk our lives to go because nobody else is helping.
Speaker 1: All while this is going on, and our current elected leaders are completely ignoring this issue. Almost every single candidate for mayor is ignoring this issue. That is except for one, because Spencer Pratt has taken what you have been doing and pushing out to his massive audience and also making these stories told on interviews, on television and on the debate stage, and he is actually getting the word out about this.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I mean we've done we don't normally do adoption events. It's not it hasn't been fruitful in the past. One of the last times we did an adoption event, three people showed up and it was very you know, disappointing. But then the last adoption event we had, Spencer was promoting it and talking about the horrors on skid Row. Over two hundred people showed up and it was so refractioning. We got dogs adopted, It raised awareness. I mean, it was so great. And meanwhile Karen Bass is saying there's no neglect on skid Row. Nithia Rumman, I don't think even knows where skid row is, and Spencer is the one that's shouting it out from the rooftops, and it's it's sad that nobody's taking this seriously. And as always, the ones that suffer and die are the animals.
Speaker 1: It's just of anything that you know, of the incompetence and the just lack of care that we see for so many differ, diferent issues in city Hall.
Speaker 3: For me at least. This is the litmus test.
Speaker 1: If you are not speaking out about this and you are in elected office and you're not trying to do something about this, or worse, you're pretending it doesn't exist. That disqualifies you from public office because you are not serving the public when you are allowing these crimes against animals to happen over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when people say, oh, you know, to me, oh, you just care about a single issue, which is animal abuse, and my answer is yes, that is something that I care truly a lot about. But also a lot of these people that are abusing animals, this is just one of the many things that they're doing that's criminal. We just fortunately saw I got a video of this guy punching an innocent Tuala in the face to the dog with yaiping. Read the video and viral. The police step in and they said, yeah, he has a laundry list of other crimes against him. One week later, somebody sent me a picture of that same abuser. He has another dog. That happens all the time. Ninety five percent of the abusers that we are lucky enough to remove the dogs from currently has another dog.
Speaker 3: It is just completely unacceptable.
Speaker 1: So Joey, what can if people are listening and they're moved by this, what can they do to help? What can they do to help with your organization and what you're trying to do every single week on skid row.
Speaker 2: Don't be silent anymore. And I know a lot of people out there have not been silent and screaming from the rooftops, but everybody needs to be loud. This also goes for the celebrities of Los Angeles. I mean there's so many times, you know, I'll ask some an A list celebrity to post about what's happening, and if they do respond, they'll say, oh, okay, I'll put it in my stories, which disappears in a few hours. And we can't. We have to stop with the narrative that, oh, it's too sad. I don't want my audience to see it because I'll lose followers. It's more sad that you could do something about it. When I say you, and I mean you always think, but like you know, anybody out there that raise awareness as well, and they don't do anything about it, that's more sad. So people have to scream from the rooftops, what's going on post about it, if you see animal abuse, post about it. The word has to continue to get out there, and not just skid Row, Compton, North Hollywood, Venice, I mean all over Los Angeles. It's quite literally a state of emergency.
Speaker 1: Now, what about for people that want to help out the rescue when it comes to fosters, Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: We always need fosters and adopters. That's how we can do this. So if anybody wants to foster or adopt, please visit Starts with One Today and fill out an app. We have a pretty intensive vetting process, so you'll fill out an application, we'll see which dog makes the most sense. We'll do an intro with our trainer with you, and if you have any other animals, we do a two week trial to make sure it's a good fit for everybody and the dogs obviously, and if it works out, then we move forward with the adoption. So we don't just throw a dog at you and we say okay, good luck. We take everything step by step. But we definitely need fosters in the southern California area, so please, please please if you could, that'll literally save a life.
Speaker 1: The website is Starts with One Today, dot com starts with one today dot com. If you can help out, you can foster, you can also donate to help out this organization that is saving lives every single day on skid row. Joey, I can never thank you enough for what you're doing every single day, not just helping these innocent creatures, but exposing the indifference of our elected officials of just the most unbelievable things that they do not care at all about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean thank you. I mean I could be shouting into an abyss for the rest of my life, but without people like you that's letting me tap into your audience like nothing will get done. So thank you so much as always. I think this is my second or third time talking with you, and I really really appreciate it. And more importantly, the dogs really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad follow them on social media, share those videos. The more people that see it, the more people won't be able to ignore it. Joey Underscore Tuccio, Joey Tuccio, thank you so much as always for joining us.
Speaker 2: Thank you. We'll talk soon.
Speaker 3: We will.
Speaker 1: That was really really important for us to do. I know it's hard to hear, but when you see these videos, when you hear these stories, you cannot ignore it. And for Karen Bass and Nthia Robin and almost every member of city government Isabel Harado to completely ignore what is right in front of our eyes, what is happening every single day, because of this nonsensical ideology that when you're committing animal abuse and you're homeless, well that's a crime of poverty. Well we can't issue citations to people that don't have an address. Crime is crime. The law is the law, and we should somebody. The district Attorney, by the way, has been asked about this and he claims, well, there's nothing he can do unless they bring him cases. But if somebody is preventing the arrests of all the animal abuse that's going on, whether it's at the City of la and skid Row or the County of la and the City of Compton, those people need to be thrown out of office immediately. The phone number to join us is eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two. Let's go to Vince in Vacaville. Vince, Hello, Hello, howdy, Hi, how are.
Speaker 3: You doing doing great? How about you.
Speaker 4: Pretty goody. I want to comment on the uh stordash fraud that's been taking place. Yeah, and I want to let you folks know it's been going on for a good three to four years. It all started right after Biden took over and opened up the borders. We're a little town east of San Francisco, about sixty miles and overnight we got flooded out by a bunch of people from Venezuela and Columbia. And now that kind of subsided. But we have a bunch of people from the Middle East and they have fake ideas. They have driver's licenses that say no name given. They don't lots of them don't have any auto insurance. In order to be a door dasher, you have to have auto insurance, auto registration, social Security number, and a background check, and a lot of these people don't have any of that, you know, So doordasher's policy is actually bringing criminals straight up to your front door, because in order to deliver the food, they get your first name, last initial, and your address.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're they're totally right. That could be one way the criminals are actually case neighborhoods for break ins because they're actually just they're drivers even though they're not supposed to be. And I got to imagine it's extra frustrating as you're a legitimate driver and you have to compete with all these criminals for business.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely. In fact, you know what, I'm a single dad living on my own, taking care of my son who's in college right now, and so I flipped. I take care of all the bills and such. And not only was I doordashing, I was working at a warehouse. So I was working at a warehouse forty hours a week, and in door dashing all the extra times I was putting in about seventy hours a week to make ends meet.
Speaker 3: As just unbelievable.
Speaker 4: And one of the things I've noticed too is a lot of these door dashers they steal people's food. I mean, it's it's bad enough that the restaurants have to pay a thirty percent feet to door dash, but these fake call them fake doordashers. They will go out, they'll pick up the orders, and as soon as they leave the store, they unassign themselves from the order, so it goes back into the system thinking it needs to be picked up, when in reality, it's already been picked up and the doordasher walks off with the food, or what they do is they place it at someone's door, take a picture of it, right, and they grab it before the customer even has a chance to get there.
Speaker 3: What do you think, in your opinion, is the reason that DoorDash doesn't seem to care at all about what's going on in their platform.
Speaker 4: They don't have enough people work in the platform because you can only have so many people get in here and work it. So when you have those late night orders, you know that people are ordering from like Denny's at one o'clock in the morning, most people are at home sleeping, So I think what they want to do is just flood the led to system, and in fact not In addition to I believe it's the currency rate. I've seen people here from South America show a lot of one hundred dollars bills on their phone to their family back home.
Speaker 1: It's just wild. We're out of time, Vince, But thank you so much. I'm so sorry that that's going on. But hopefully shining a line on this will get at least some attention paid to what's going on in the world of door dash. Thanks so much for the call. Can you think of anything more depressing than someone who doordashes Denny's at one am?
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: The phone number to join us is eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two. You can email me at Randy way Well email the show at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. But I also have another email address, which is Randy Wang Radio at gmail dot com. You can also get my substack, the California Report all the stories that I found throughout the state of California that I found interesting at Randy Wangradio dot substack dot com. Our next guest is one of my favorites. She is an anchor on Fox eleven weeknights at six o'clock eight to ten and does a lot of these long form interviews of different candidates in different offices throughout La City and La County on the Foxlocal app. You can follow her on social media at marloteas marloteas Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 5: Randy Wag or should I call you Ryan Long?
Speaker 3: You can call me that.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 5: Thank you for having me and what a perfect introduction to a lot of people because of my changing schedule and streaming versus on Fox eleven, it's hard to keep track of So you nailed it.
Speaker 2: Of course you did well.
Speaker 1: I got to say, I'm a big fan of what you guys are doing with the Foxlocal stream, where I'm sure you have been frustrated with the constraints of television also, where you've got to take commercial breaks every five to ten minutes. You can't really have a segment that's longer than ten minutes. And sometimes you really want to get in deep with a candidate, you want to really draw them out, and you're going to need fifteen twenty minutes to do that, which is why now you guys are just turning on the Fox Local stream and like, all right, let's go twenty minutes, here we go.
Speaker 5: Isn't it wonderful? I absolutely love it. So that's what the Fox Local stream is all about, these long format interviews. We do take breaks, but it's two minutes. I mean, every single break on the stream is exactly two minutes, so you don't have to wait long for.
Speaker 3: Us to return.
Speaker 5: But we have been using that stream to highlight the many candidates in the local offices, nearly all of them, for instance, for Mayor of Los Angeles. There are fourteen candidates and I have personally interviewed eleven of them thus far, and other colleagues have interviewed the remainder. So we've given a pl form to everybody who you're going to see on the ballot, which I'm so proud of. We've tackled the let's see LA City Controller race, LA County Sheriffs, the California Insurance Commissioner, and that's a race that of course has significant prevalence now because of the devastating wildfires. A lot of people are paid attention to that race, whereas in the past they wouldn't, So we've given the candidates a platform there. Also La City Attorney. We've invited those candidates on as well, So it's really a great space. And if you've missed them, and I know you've, you've caught a lot of them, which I appreciate you so much, Randy, your amazing friend and viewers, so thank you. If anyone listening wants to check out any of these candidates interviews, we have them posted on the YouTube page on the Fox Local app on Foxla dot com.
Speaker 1: Easily found there well, and I think it's real important within this stage where you know, everyone has their ballot at their home right now if they haven't filled it out yet, it really is important to do your research on so many different offices. I think you know, for instance, like you mentioned, people are just starting to realize how important insurance commissioner is, where that may have been an office where you just look at whatever letters next to their name or the quick bio and you don't think about it. But I think it's really important to look up and do research, not just with your interviews, but any interviews that are out there for a position that is as consequential as insurance commissioner, because we all learned the hard way just how important that job is.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent.
Speaker 5: And you know, I've heard from many of these candidates who a lot of people haven't heard of. Frankly, they're so grateful for the platform to be able to sit down and introduce themselves. And by the way, all the questions that we that I ask are ultimately the same for each camp. I mean, on these long format interviews, we start with who are you because it's interesting to learn about who they are, their background, you can really delve into it, which a lot of times obviously, then lends to their experience on why they are experienced for the said office. There are fourteen candidates for insurance Commissioner. I'm looking at my ballot right in front of me right now. We have interviewed several of them. Those we haven't have not either gotten back to us. I want to make that clear. We've given an opportunity for everybody we send an invite, and many of them don't get back to us or they can't join us. And if they can't join us in person at Fox eleven Studios, then they can join via zoom, which is another great avenue that we use all the time. Of course, nonetheless, it's how do you sort through?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: Do you know about Ben Allen? He's an insurance commissioner. I'm only naming him because he's the first one listed here on your ballot. We met Patrick Wolf is the San Francisco guy. He is running for insurance commissioner. He's a financial analyst. I sat down with him. It's just a great platform in order to get to know the candidates and not just their policy, so you get to know a little bit more about them. It's a much more relaxed interview setting than when you typically see these interviews that we do during the newscast. It's two, three, four minutes. Even a four minute interview is long considered a long time in a regular newscast, and so those are more it's a much more of a rushed setting because time is of the essence. But on these long format you can formats, you can really get into specific policy ideas and learn more about the candidate personally as well.
Speaker 1: Now, one of the races that you've been covering that I don't think has gotten a lot of attention, but it's another one of these positions that is very important. So it's good to find out who is running for this office, and that is La City Attorney, where the incumbent, heidefeldtz Soo, is actually facing a strong challenge from the left and the right, on the right from current Deputy District Attorney John McKinney, and on the left for Marissa Roy. So what can you tell us just a brief overview of the incumbent and the people that are running against her in the City Attorney's office.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, so.
Speaker 5: I sat down and the other one, by the way, there's four candidates for city attorney, and that is Ida Ashuri. Ida Asshuri was also featured on the stream. I didn't conduct that interview because I wasn't there that night. Nonetheless, I did interview the incumbent Feldstein Soto and Marissa Roy on the left and John McKenny on the right. John McKenny, you may your listeners may be very familiar with him because as you mentioned, he's deputy DA Deputy district attorney, where he has been for some twenty eight years. He's worked in that office almost three decades long. But he made a name for himself when he ran for a district herney. He ended up drawing his support behind Nathan Hawkman ultimately, who is now of course, are our DA. He has tried high profile murder cases and won, by the way, that's part of his platform.
Speaker 3: Uh and he UH.
Speaker 5: I asked him, you know why he is making another run for office and in this time for the city. And his answer is he just he just is frustrated and seeing a whole lot of wasted tax payer money. He says, going to UH lawsuits that should be handled differently. UH and that that's basically his reasoning. Muriser Roy Rory Pardon me deputy attorney general. She, as you said, is more to the left. She really wants to she she talked about UH taking on the Trump administration. That's part of her platform. More so UH to be city at Ernie. Heidie Feldstegn Soto, she was. She's fierce incumbent, and I say fierce in that she's she says, you know, a fighter for Los Angeles. She knows this job because she's been in it and she deserves another go round. She became the first female Oh gosh, Latina. I believe that was a part of her platform when she ran and was elected in the last cycle. So Heidi Feldstegin Soto trying to hold onto her position. But it's going to be interesting to see because name recognition plays a lot into this and Maursa Roy has been making the rounds, but a lot of people know who John mc kenny is, So it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
Speaker 1: Now, another race that is not getting nearly the amount of tention that you would think it would be getting is the race for La County Sheriff, where the incumbent Robert Luna, has seven different challenges against him, including the guy that he ran against in Wan last time, alex Vinawava, who wants his old job back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's an interesting race. So seven candidates. I have interviewed every single one of them again on the Fox Local stream twenty minutes fifteen to twenty minutes a pop. So if you want to familiarize with these candidates, please check out my interviews on the Foxlocal app, foxlay dot com. That is an interesting race because that obviously what I find interesting is most of them are retired law enforcement. I'm looking at him right now. Detective law enforcement officer, Probation Operations chief, retired assistant sheriff sargent, retired sheriff captain. The interesting part that I'm getting to is they all know how much name recognition plays into this. So obviously alex Vinawava is the most highlighted opponents, challenger who wants his job back against Robert Luna. So they each have their own platform, they each have their own reasoning as to why they're making the run for it, but it's ultimately almost as if they're running against the Nueva in a sense, because they know that he is perhaps the strongest challenger, given he was the sheriff not long ago, and he has. When he was the sheriff, made a whole lot of headlines for better or worse. They say any price is a good press right, and so he is vehemently fighting to get.
Speaker 3: His job back.
Speaker 5: We'll see how that race plays out.
Speaker 1: All of these interviews for all these local offices. If you feel like you haven't done enough research on the candidates and you don't want to just look up a mission statement or a website, it's a really great way to learn about all these different candidates for all these different offices, so you can see who you want to throw your support behind. If you're going to be voting in these local races, it's important to know who you are voting for. And that's why I think it's a great idea to check out these interviews. You can download the Foxlocal app, you can go to Foxla dot com. I get them all on the YouTube page on Fox eleven La. Marlatteus who you can see every single day at six o'clock eight to ten pm, and of course on the Fox Local stream. It's always such a pleasure to talk to you, and I love what you're doing over there.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, we've at Talk to eleven.
Speaker 5: We really appreciate, appreciate, appreciate you Randy for bringing me on to talk about this, because we are really proud of the fact that we are giving all these candidates not just a few minutes, but a significant amount of time, and those interviews live on. So thank you so much for highlighting that.
Speaker 4: It means a lot.
Speaker 1: Marlataeas everyone. The phone number is eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight time undred two two two five two two two. You can email us at Johnny Don't Like show at gmail dot com and search for the John Phillips Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: Ohen, do be a favor.
Speaker 1: Subscribe to my substack Randywangradio dot substack dot com. It's completely free. But every single story that we cover I have a link to it. I have the YouTube video so you can watch them on your own time. You can share them with your circle. We are in election season. We are in voting season, and the ballots came to everyone's house last week.
Speaker 3: Here we are a week later.
Speaker 1: How many people have voted in the state of California.
Speaker 3: Not a lot yet.
Speaker 1: It's early and in fact I'm wondering if when people are voting for governor, they're kind of waiting because they don't know who else is going to drop out or what other shoe is going to drop. In the crazy race for California governor up by shot, we're all on Katie watch because John's on vacation and that could mean that another Kdie video could drop because that's usually his luck. But when it comes to voting in the state of California. Now, this all comes from the PDI early vote tracker, Paul Mitchell's firm. Of the twenty two point eight million ballots that have gone out, well, about twenty three million ballots have gone out, three hundred and ten thousand ballots have come back, which means, as of May eleventh, yesterday, the turnout in the state of California is one point three percent.
Speaker 3: But it's early. We still got three weeks. Now.
Speaker 1: You want to break that down by party, The Democrats have returned one hundred and twenty seven thousand ballots about one point two percent. The Republicans have turned in about one hundred and eleven thousand ballots about one point nine percent, So it's pretty close. But when you look at the registration numbers. They sent out ten point three million Democrat ballots, five point seven million Republican ballots, and the no party preferencers, My people, we have voted, only seventy thousand returned out of six point nine million. They're almost seven million no party preferencers. And the one thing that unites a lot of no party preferencers is a lack of interest in voting in primary elections. Now, when it comes to the age groups, this shouldn't surprise you at all. Of the six point one million people that are in the demo, as they say, the eighteen to thirty fours, only twenty eight thousand have come back. Of the five point seven million voters that are between thirty five and forty nine my age group, forty three thousand have been returned point eight percent. Fifty to sixty four sixty five thousand of those five milli million voters one point three percent, and the course sixty five plus of the nearly six million voters one hundred and seventy two thousand, So the vast majority of the ballots that have come out three percent turnout rate among the elderly. If you break it down by race, white people one point eight percent, latinos point eight percent, Asian one point six percent, and Black one percent. I don't think they added Pacific Islander on here. So that is for the state of California. But what if you want to break down what it looks like for the City of Los Angeles, because you've got the big governor's race going on on the California ballot, but the city of LA does have this mayor's race, and this mayor's race is generating a lot of attention because Spencer Pratt is in this thing. The LA mayors race is getting national attention. Is that turning into votes? Well, here is the update for May twelfth today. Of the two point one million note yeah, about two point two million ballots that went out, thirty one thousand have been returned, a turnout rate of one point four percent. So let's break down those thirty one thousand people that already voted in the City of LA. When you break it down by party. Of the one point two million Democrats, fifteen thousand returned their ballots in week one, which is a turnout rate of one point three percent. Of the three hundred and twenty six thousand Republicans that are registered in the City of Los Angeles, and hope we every single one of them is listening to this show. Eighty three hundred, so a turnout rate of two point six percent, double what the Democrat return rate is, but the registration numbers are stacked against them. Now, one thing that Spencer Pratt has been pointing out when they ask him is that you know, wait, you're Republican. Democrats outweigh the Republicans by four to one in the City of Los Angeles. And he says, well, all my family are Democrats, all my friends are Democrats, and all the people that are going to vote for me are Democrats. It is a non partisan race. When it comes to the no party preferencers, which by the way, there are double the amount of NPPs that there are Republicans in the City of Los Angeles. They have a return rate just a little less than the Democrats at one point two percent seven thousand ballots out of the six hundred and sixty eight thousand. Now, when it comes to breaking this one down by age young people, of the six hundred and thirty six thousand people eighteen to thirty four, only three thousand have voted point five percent thirty five to forty nine one percent, fifty to sixty four one point six percent, but three percent of all the elderly sixty five plus fifteen thousand ballots have already been returned. You break it down by race, two percent of whites, zero point eight percent of Latinos, two percent of Asians, and one point two percent of blacks. And that is the turnouts that we have so far in the California governor's race and the LA mayor's race