Speaker 1: And very happy Thursday to you. At twelve oh six in the West, it's the Giant Phillips Show, Mister Randy Weggs in Culver City, John, we have.
Speaker 2: A brand new poll in the California Governor's race. This comes from the Anti Tom Steyer Committee. California is Not for Sale and in first place in this poll with twenty four percent of the vote, a nine point jump from the previous poll of the same respondents is Javier.
Speaker 1: Buckeria scrub it. Now. I'm going to reserve judgment until we see an independent poll because this poll has an agenda. The poll was paid for and conducted by a group who hates Tom Steyer. So I'm sure the objective is to make Tom Steyr look bad. And if Tom Steyer didn't look bad, they wouldn't have published the results. I'm waiting to see what the poll from Emerson College or PPIIC or one of the big newspapers finds. This is the fourth or fifth poll in a row that has shown the Besarah bump, what some are calling the beceleration. So again, Besserah.
Speaker 2: In this poll, which is commissioned by the we Hate Tom Steyer people, is at twenty four percent. Hilton, a three point bump, is at twenty three percent. Right behind him, Tom Steyer is flat in this poll at fifteen percent. Chad Bianco drops three points, it is down to eleven percent. Right behind him is kt Porter and Katie Porter in this poll has ten percent. May Hen flat with six, Via Goosa at two and Tony Thurman at one percent.
Speaker 1: Well, now that Baker Rhea is seeing a bump, and we know that he is seeing a bump, we just don't know to what degree quite yet. He is doing what the other candidates have already done, and that is take a pilgrimage to the Tijuana River.
Speaker 2: Katie Porter went to the Tijuana River, Tom Steyer went to the Tijuanna River and.
Speaker 1: You can literally see it, smell it, and feel it.
Speaker 2: And now it's Besera's turn to smell up the Tijuana River. Here is NBC seven in San Diego.
Speaker 3: Former US Secretary of Health and Human Services, Javier Bassera got an up close look at the Hell.
Speaker 1: Wait, that wasn't his job or his name, Granpy Joe for.
Speaker 4: Secretary of Health and Educations over I nominated Javier Bakaria.
Speaker 1: Now before we get into this. If the locals are saying it's a federal issue, and he was the Secretary of Health and Human Services, wouldn't this fall under his umbrella?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it would also the EPA. And I'll give you ten bucks if you could tell me who the EPA administrator was under Biden.
Speaker 1: No clue.
Speaker 3: Former US Secretary of Health and Human Services Javier Basera got an up close look at the heavily polluted Tijuanna River today as NBC seven's South Bay reporter Joe Little shows us. Butsera is the latest candidate for California governor to visit this environmental crisis ahead of the election.
Speaker 1: Everyone's going to the river.
Speaker 6: Take a with Javier Basera is just the latest gubernatorial candidate to accept Supervisor Ploma Gary's invitation to come down and tour the polluted Tijuana River valley. So far, five current candidates have accepted the invitation. All five said they would declare a state of emergency.
Speaker 5: And this is the entryway of the river.
Speaker 6: Once again, Gary gave the hard sell to someone who could beat California's next governor.
Speaker 7: We build this in Mexico, will do something to build on their own.
Speaker 6: She wants these candidates to see and smell this seuw it from Mexican.
Speaker 1: They're all using the same terminology that came from Katie.
Speaker 5: You can smell it right here.
Speaker 6: She wants these candidates to see and smell this sew it from Mexico and hear firsthand from the people dealing with the pollution that's destroyed the environment, tainted the air, and crippled businesses for years.
Speaker 1: You don't really get a feeling for what's truly going on until you do that.
Speaker 6: But Sarah is not new to this chat.
Speaker 7: When I was Attorney general, I had to sue the federal government to try to get them to do the right thing.
Speaker 6: He helped pressure Congress into handing over money to fix the broken South Bay International Wastewater Treatment plans.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously that didn't work. And why didn't he do anything about it? When he was in the majority government. He was part of the executive branch, as a member of the cabinet whose position dealt with health.
Speaker 2: This is one of these issues that you only care about while you're running for governor.
Speaker 5: This is what we call the hotspot.
Speaker 6: But the problem hasn't gotten better.
Speaker 8: These pipes we have four that are just constantly shooting into the air.
Speaker 5: The scientists now have an inventory of what those look like. It's been great to have all of the candidates I have.
Speaker 6: Come down here, especially since current Governor Gavin Newsom has not been down here.
Speaker 1: If Gavin doesn't want to smell it, no, can you imagine the pictures of him in a gas mask in front of a river with raw sewage and chemicals and metals flowing into California from Mexico and you can literally see it, smell it, and feel it. That would blow up his opportunity to be president.
Speaker 6: And he hasn't declared a state of emergency despite countless requests from local leaders like A. Gary.
Speaker 1: We are going to look back and we're going to look at who took action and who did so what we're trying to get the prop for funding.
Speaker 6: She argues that declaration would open up funds faster to protect the thousands who live down.
Speaker 2: Here, and yeah, how about some relief for the people that are suffering through this. There are people that report daily migrains and that's not something that just happens. That's because of the toxicity in the air.
Speaker 1: I love the fact that They're looking for every way to fix this problem except to tell Mexico to knock it off.
Speaker 6: And fix this hotspot that's aerosolizing the pollution. Would you declare state emergency to win this election.
Speaker 7: I'll do anything I can to make sure that we need.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Javier Bisera just the latest candidate to take a whiff down at the TJ River Valley.
Speaker 5: You can smell it right here.
Speaker 1: It sounded like he was in a gas mask too.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 1: He had like a cloth over his mouth. All right, Well, he was down in San Diego County. He also had time to fit in a town hall.
Speaker 2: He had a town hall in Balboa Park, which means he probably had to pay for parking.
Speaker 1: Here is CBS eight.
Speaker 9: Supporters are calling it the Basara era.
Speaker 1: No, they're not.
Speaker 2: Who I was on board with beceleration, the Besara era. Taylor Swift's gonna sue your ass.
Speaker 9: Supporters are calling it the Bisara era. Tonight, hundreds of San Diegans packed a town hall at Balboa Park to hear Democratic candidate Javier Basara make his case to be California's next governor. Good evening, I'm Marcella Lee I'm Carlo Chiquetta.
Speaker 10: Bisara has been steadily rising in the polls in recent weeks as the June second primary draws near his It's Richard Allen, his live in Balboa Park with more and Bessera's top priorities and how he's responding to his opponent's criticisms.
Speaker 5: Richard and Carlo and Marcella.
Speaker 8: Just a few weeks ago, Javier Besserra was pulling in the single digits in this chaotic race for governor.
Speaker 2: I would really love to see a focused group where they're doing these polls and ask somebody that was maybe they were a swallowell person before that blew up?
Speaker 1: Why Bessarah? It's interesting that they chose him over Tony v or some of the others.
Speaker 5: And Carlo and Marc.
Speaker 2: Is just based on the interviews that I've seen, is it that Javier Bessera seems to be the most malleable of all the candidates?
Speaker 5: Must be and Carlo and Marcella.
Speaker 8: Just a few weeks ago, Javier Besserra was pulling in the single digits in this chaotic race for governor. But following Eric Swalwell's exit from the race, he has seen his campaign gained major traction. A new CBS News poll finds him now pulling at thirteen percent, just behind Steve Hilton and Tom Steyer.
Speaker 2: People that we're supporting the rapists, support me, excuse me, alleged rapist.
Speaker 1: That is quite a credential.
Speaker 8: Hundreds of supporters pack Wednesday Nightstown Hall. It's Javio Bessera took to the stage.
Speaker 7: Now that we have rocketed to the top, everyone's coming after us.
Speaker 5: The former state attorney Jim.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine what a disaster he would be as governor?
Speaker 2: It could happen if these polls are real, He'd be in the top spot with Hilton. And there is a very very very very very likely chance that Besarah wins by twenty points.
Speaker 1: I've said it before. I really do believe he is the Joe Biden the race, because don't forget in twenty twenty, the Democrats didn't know what to do where I think Mayor Pete won the Iowa caucus and then Bernie did well in New Hampshire and in Nevada, and people thought that Bernie was going to steamroll his way to the nomination, and the Democrats freaked out. But it wasn't until South Carolina where they decided that they would just all get behind a deeply flawed candidate to save them from what they thought was a sure loss. And it seems like the Democrats in California are panicking and they're going to get behind a deeply flawed candidate who is a guy who has no energy and no ideas and no knowledge. People may forget, but Biden in twenty nineteen or in twenty twenty, he came in fifth place in the Iowa caucus and then we went to sleep, and then he got his clock cleaned in New Hampshire and Nevada too.
Speaker 8: The former state attorney General and Secretary of Health and Human Services hammered home his message of bringing affordability to California.
Speaker 1: How yeah, he's kind of light on the details. If you haven't noticed, Oh, we're just gonna build. How are you gonna do that? Well, we're just gonna do it. We're gonna scrub it. M mmm. You notice he never says that anymore. Scrub it? Well. That interview was one of the most embarrassing interviews I've ever seen. That term has been scrubbed from his campaign.
Speaker 7: From housing to healthcare, we're gonna get people into homes. We're gonna build more homes. We're gonna make sure you have your healthcare because I'm not bending ane to Donald Trump just because he cut a trillion dollars out of the healthcare system.
Speaker 1: One of two easy applause line. By the way, just think about this for a moment. How damning is this for the California Democratic Party that in a state where they control everything. They control all the state wide constitutional offices, super majorities in both houses of the state legislature, they have a super majority in the congressional delegation. They have all the big city mayorships, they have almost every single seat on the city council in all the big cities. They have almost every single seat on the county Board of supervisors in the big cities, in the big counties. And this is the best they can do. This, This is the guy.
Speaker 2: Well, there were better people than him, better you know, from their standpoint, but they didn't want to do it. Gavin was pushing real hard for Padilla, and apparently Alex is doing an interview with Padilla that's going to air this weekend where he says, yeah, they all wanted me in there and I didn't want to do it.
Speaker 1: This is an indictment of that machine.
Speaker 8: One attendee at community college professor asked what he plans to do to make higher education more accessible under my watch.
Speaker 7: We will make the first two years of tuition free at the community colleges.
Speaker 1: Where you can.
Speaker 2: Wait, we already did that. Is it community college already free for two years?
Speaker 1: This guy just doesn't read the paper.
Speaker 2: Maybe he meant the UC's and the CSUS, which is the Katie Porter idea that he wants to rip off. But we already have this.
Speaker 7: We will make the first two years of tuition free at the community colleges where you can.
Speaker 1: And did the audience not know that it's already free with cal grants if you're not wealthy, I think through cal grants, most if not all, of your education at the California State University System and UC system is covered.
Speaker 2: Our community college system right now is so generous. We're giving out free tuition to all the robots that are scamming the system.
Speaker 7: We will make the first two years of tuition free at the community colleges where you keep.
Speaker 2: At some point, you just keep saying the same campaign things over and over and over again and don't realize, oh, we already did that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's what GROC says. GROC says, here's the current situation. We have something called the California College Promise Grant. This is the main program. It waives enrollment fees for eligible students. You qualify if you meet income guidelines or other criteria meaning receiving colworks, SSI or certain financial aid. It is not limited to two years. You can receive it for as long as you qualify. And then we have the California College Promise Program. This program aims to make the first two years tuition free. It's available at many, but not all, of the community colleges, and it usually requires you to be a first time, full time student. Some colleges automatically wave fees, others use the money for support services instead. The bottom line is that low income students often attend completely tuition free, and they also get help for their books. Middle income or higher income students usually still have to pay the fee of forty six bucks per unit unless their specific college offers a full waiver. So what we have in California is anyone who grows up in a lower middle class or poor family gets it for free, including the books. So what he's talking about to this audience is making it free for middle class and upper middle class and wealthy families. But at forty six bucks a unit, you're already talking about an education that's about as heavily subsidized as it gets.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what happens if you pay attention to the details. We don't do that in baccarea Land.
Speaker 7: We will make the first two years of tuition free at the community colleges.
Speaker 1: Where you can.
Speaker 8: Bessarah was also asked about how we plans to respond to the Tijuana River Valley sewage crisis.
Speaker 7: I am prepared to declare a state of emergency for the Tijuana River when I become governor, so we free community college.
Speaker 2: Got a bigger applause than cleaning up the Tijuana River. Well, they probably don't live in that direct community.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no. That's the southern tip of the San Diego County.
Speaker 7: When I become governor, so we can start to take action.
Speaker 8: The biggest applause of the evening came after Bisera was asked how he plans to address the threat of violent ice raids.
Speaker 7: This ice Trump's ice, We need to abolish it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how does that work? Okay? As governor of California, you have no control over what goes on in federal departments, and as a cabinet member you should know this, but you're pretty dim and clearly you don't.
Speaker 8: After the debate, I asked Bessera how he plans to bring down skyrocketing gas prices here in the Golden State.
Speaker 7: Push Donald Trump to stop getting us into reckless wars?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: Push what you want to ran or a rack? And why is gasoline more expensive here than Arizona and Nevada because they have the same president.
Speaker 7: Push Donald Trump to stop enacting reckless terror policies.
Speaker 8: Many of Bessarah's opponents have taken him to task for having big plans but with few details to back them up.
Speaker 5: Just look at my record. You'll see all the details.
Speaker 1: He goes what record, boy, I'll tell you Gavin has a lot of faults, but he's not stupid. He's clever. This guy is about as dumb as they get. Scrub it.
Speaker 2: Hey, Pelosi told everyone, don't forget when he was named Attorney General by Jerry Brown. He didn't even have an active BARCRD still trying to go back and get it. I'm still trying to figure out that appointment.
Speaker 1: Made no sense. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. Easy telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't Like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com. And Randy. Now that we're getting closer to the weekend, if you want to listen to us all weekend long, that's easy to do.
Speaker 2: All you gotta do is search for the John Phillips Show. Wherever you get your podcast now, that could be the Apple podcast app. iHeart Spotify. Search for the John Phillips Show, hit subscribe, you get download all the episodes. You could do what George Gascon probably still does to himself every.
Speaker 1: Night, Google on YouTube and then nice not having to worry about that guy anymore. Quite frankly, You can get.
Speaker 2: The free KABC app, the free KSFO app, get the KMJ now app because we're on that station Saturdays at noon. So many different ways to listen live to this noon to three show wherever you are with streaming and download all the podcasts. So if you really want to have a Saturday or Sunday feel like a Tuesday wednesdayday.
Speaker 1: You can do that. In the meantime, what do you say we make a couple of listeners very happy.
Speaker 2: Seven ninety KABC welcomes Howard Jones. Things Can Only Get Better Tour at the Greek Theater July twenty third. Tickets on sale now at ticketmaster dot com or right now. Calling number nine at one eight eight seven ninety five to two two two gets a pair of tickets to the show. Tickets furnished by Live Nation. Good luck dialing. It is our pleasure to welcome our next guest to the program. He is a candidate for California Attorney General. He's a registered Republican and he'll be on your ballot next month, which I guess is in a couple of days. Ballots go out in early May. You can get him what.
Speaker 1: Now. You can get him online at gatesfoag dot com. That's Gates for ag dot com. Michael Gates, welcome.
Speaker 5: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 4: It's good to be here.
Speaker 1: So California has an Attorney General. Rob Bonta, the incumbent Democrat who was appointed to that office by Gavin Newsom, who seems to be obsessed with two different things. He seems to be obsessed with chasing national headlines by suing Donald Trump, and he almost sees the office as being a federal office of sorts because the only subjects he seems to ever comment on are federal in nature, where he doesn't really have any jurisdiction. And the other thing that he does is he seems to act on behalf of his benefactors. Of all all of the problems facing the state of California, he has chosen, to the extent that he spends any time on California to spend his time going after the card clubs because his big campaign contributors are the Indian casinos, and they don't want the competition of card clubs, particularly in population centers, so he's been going after them, trying to make their lives miserable. At the same time that he's doing this, California has multiple disasters on its hands, including an environmental disaster at the southern border in the Tijuana River where Mexico is dumping ross sewage into that river and people in San Diego County are getting ill because of it. No one seems to care about that. We also, thanks to Nick Shirley and CBS News, have seen all kinds of fraudulent business licenses being issued by the State of California to hospice care facilities in the San Fernando Valley that we now know are not actually treating people. They're just fronts for scam operations so that California taxpayers can send them millions and millions of dollars. If you're elected Attorney General, are you going to stop this focused on Washington, DC and focus on the problems facing California.
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I mean the short answer is absolutely yes. There are so many problems in California right now, and everybody's pointing the finger at Governor Newsom. Governor Newsom and he's culpable, But I think what people are missing is Rob Bonta is probably more culpable because a lot of the things that we're experiencing in our society today, whether it's the high crime, the waste, fraud and abuse, the lack of prosecution for crime, the games being played with the Attorney General's office, where as you said, he's being selective and weaponizing the office. All of this is the Attorney General's responsibility. And as you said, he was appointed by Newsom. He was a political appointee by Newsom in twenty twenty one to fill a vacant seat that was left by the Sarah to go on to the Biden administration. So Bonta was handpicked by Newsom and placed there as AG And ever since then, he has been running interference on justice. He has been running interference on cracking down on crime. He has been running interference on getting to the truth, running having investigations done where they need to be done. And he's been covering for corruption, just like you said, with his political associations, his political friends. We know that he's connected to the Dwongs and all of the corruption there, with all of the illegal activity, and the former mayor of Oakland who's now been indicted, been paying a penalty at the federal level for the crimes committed. And so he's got some bad associations, he's got some bad friends, some bad owmbrace and he's been acting as a political operative ever since. I mean, just look at what the federal government's been doing in California. They found JD. Vance's task force, his anti fraud task force, in California, has found that in La County alone, there are over four hundred and forty five fraudulent hospice locations in California. Again, in La County alone, over four hundred and forty five different locations. Rob Bonta hasn't lifted a finger on any of these. In fact, he just had a press conference a couple of weeks ago announcing that he found fourteen that he found fourteen hot fraudulent hospice locations in the state of California. And he only did that because the polling is showing that he's in the toilet. His polling numbers are absolutely in the toilet. Some polling numbers have been coming out on the Attorney General's race and his are absolutely miserable, and he's hitting the panic button, and he's holding these sham press conferences claiming to now suddenly have found fraud when he's also him and his wife have been going after Nick Shirley, even promoting legislation called the Stop Nick Shirley Act that basically will punish criminalize in journalism in the state of California, which is in attack on the First Amendment as a tack on every day Americans, every day Californian. So this guy's corrupt. I'm not afraid to say it. He's been running and covering four corruptions since he's been in office. He's not a serious lawyer. I, on the other hand, am a serious laurier. I've tried many, many multi million dollar cases at trial. I've argued in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal. I have won multi million million dollar cases. I'm actually even admitted to the United States Supreme Court bar So if I was called upon to go argue a case back in Washington, DC tomorrow at the US Supreme Court, I'm certified, I could get in and argue the case. So I'm actually a real lawyer with real solutions. I'm going to turn the Attorney General's office completely around, turn the turn California ture law enforcement back over to the interests of every day Californians. The Attorney General has purview over all fifty eight district attorneys in all fifty eight sheriff in the state of California. So when I go to Sacramento and I'm tough on crime and I reduce crime, I'm like I did in Huntington Beach when I was the city attorney there by double digits, and we make every city in the state of Californian's top in the top ten safest cities, just like Huntington Beaches. I can do that with the sheriffs and the DA's on day one. So there are things that I can do absolutely on day one, including cracking down the fraud, waste, and abuse. We're going to put people behind bars. We're going to claw back that money and return it to every day Californian. So you know, I know the segment isn't long enough to go through all of this in the high level of detail, but my list of to dos on day one is absolutely long. And I am going to go to Sacramento not to make friends. I'm going to make some enemies, but I'm going to go there to return California to a law and order state. We are going to return to the rule of law in California on my watch.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Rob Bonta's ties to the Dong family. They have been indicted by the federal government. They are facing federal charges this family California Waste Solutions. These are the political benefactors of Rob Bonta. Shang Tao the former mayor of Oakland, who came from that same political machine in that city, is also facing federal charges. We know that Rob BoNT has spent five hundred thousand dollars of his campaign money on a white collar criminal defense attorney. He says he spent the money because he was talking to the federal government as a potential victim of a crime. Why a victim would spend five hundred thousand dollars on a white collar criminal defense attorney is beyond my ability to comprehend. Do you think it's outside the realm of possibilities that he could be indicted or facing federal charges before the end of the year.
Speaker 4: Well, all I understand is that through the upcoming trials that are anticipated at toward the end of this year, but before the election, that there might be a lot of interesting information and evidence that comes out in open court that is going to implicate Rob Bonta. So that's what I'm hearing. It remains to be seen what that looks like. I'm not going to come into any further on it right now, but what I will tell you is, when I'm Attorney General, I don't care if somebody was the age of the State of California, held other high political office, or were or or was a common you know, everyday Californian, no matter what position they held, if they committed a crime, they're going to jail. They are going to pay the price to the full extent of the law.
Speaker 5: Period.
Speaker 4: So I am very very serious about the rule of law, upholding and defending the rule of law, and enforcing criminal laws. Like I said, as city Attorney hunt Beach, I had a city level prosecutor. We treated everyday quality of life crimes like felonies. We were so tough on the law that we reduced crime in hunting To Beach by double digits after Prop. Forty seven and fifty seven past and now, where every crime is rising in every other city, crime is dropping in Huntington Beach. We're in the top ten safeest cities in the state of California out of almost five hundred cities. So I'm going to be extremely tough. Rob Bonta has there's a lot of questions about his record and his associations that need to be asked. And look at that's what he's done with the office. He's been suing hospitals to force them to perform trans surgeries on minors. When I'm attorney general, I'm going to be dismissing these lawsuits that he filed to force hospitals, including a children's hospital, to mutilate children. And I'm going to be prosecuting doctors in hospitals that seek to mutilate children. I mean, he's completely on the wrong side of these eighty twenty issues. He's weaponized his office. He sued Catholic hospitals, he sued charitable organizations. He sued parents, he sued school boards that are just trying to protect their children. He sued the Trump administration. He's suing and suing and suing and spending all these millions and millions and tens of millions of dollars of taxpayer money fighting these political partisan lawsuits. Yet we are all suffering from the highest crime. The audience needs to know that California ranks number six out of fifty states and highest crime in the nation. I'll say it again, California ranks number six in highest crime out of fifty states across the nation. We are a crime ridden state, and he's the top law enforcement officer in state of California. He is not doing his job he needs to be get back to work, rollup sleeves, work with the district attorneys, all fifty eight of them throughout the state of Californian all fifty eight sheriffs, and he needs to make sure that their departments are being tough on crime and looking out for everyday Californians and not being focusing resources on political weaponization lawsuits.
Speaker 1: It was recently revealed that Mario Warrez is in fact the whistleblower in the case of California Way Solutions, Shang Tao, the Dong family, and others, and he has alleged that the Dong family has a video tape of Rob Bonta in a quote compromising situation that has been used to blackmail him into doing certain things. Do you know if that video exists, and if so, do we know what's on that video.
Speaker 4: I've heard the same thing. I don't know about the video itself, but I've heard exactly what you just stated. And any top level official, particularly the top law enforcement official in the state of California, which Rob Bonte is as Attorney General, should never be in a position of being blackmailed and should never have put himself in a position of being blackmailed. But that's what happens when you have unsavory relationships, you have bad political associations, you do favors, you don't have integrity, you don't have character. Look, I've been married for almost thirty years. I have five kids, four grandkids. I'm a family man. I've worked my entire life. Most of my life as blue collar. I was grinding it out, just like everyday Californians, trying to make ends, me trying to provide for my kids, trying to provide for education.
Speaker 6: And I saw.
Speaker 4: Crime and other things. Crime go up and other things start to go wrong in my area. And that's why I ran for Huntington Beach and so I started fighting for everyday Californians in Huntington Beach. And I was so serious about the rule of law. I actually took my when my police officers were suit for doing their job. I took those cases to trial and I defended them at trial, in front of a jury in court, and I ended them successfully. I've never lost a cop case. I'm talking multi million dollar cases that other attorneys would never try because there's too much risk. I believe in the rule of law. I believe in law and order, and it was so affected in Huntington Beach. Like I said, we are really counted among the top safest cities in the state of California, and Huntington Beach is considered the Land of the Free and home of the brave in large part because I fought so hard just for the rule of law, for the Constitution, for every day Californians in hunting To Beach, two hundred thousand residents there. I fought every single day. I'm an anti government guy. I'm an anti establishment guy. I think government's too big. It needs to be smaller. We need to get back to having the people be self determinat to make decisions for their own towns, their own cities, make decisions for their own lives, and not have Sacramento dictate it, especially by crooked politicians that have lost nearly five hundred billion dollars of our harder and taxpayer money through waste, fraud, and abuse. That's just not an abstract concept. That's five hundred nearly five hundred million dollars lost of our hardered tax paramney lost at the hands of Sacramento and Rob Bonta. Until very very recently with the fourteen hospice locations, never announced an investigation or asked a question why because he knew for past five years, he knew who was taking that money. He knew who was taking that money. He knew it was going to Democrat operatives and political organizations, and he did nothing about it, even though that money was stolen not only from the taxpayer but for the people in need whose services were there to go and serve those people who were in need. He allowed that money to be taken and he never stopped it, and he could have. So he's this guy's a bad guy. And if anybody in California, if if the audience is listening, we absolutely need a new attorney general. And if we get a new attorney general, when I'm attorney General on day one, We're going to notice a difference in California. I Am literally going to get to work write it right away on day one, and I don't have to ask the governor's permission or the legislature's permission. I'm beyond the reach of the legislature. I can do everything on this call that I've talked about doing, dismissing the weaponized lawsuits, cracking down crime, reducing homelessness. We're going to be Title nine compliant throughout the state of California. Another thing is I going to tell on my sheriffs that we're going to be Second Amendment compliant. They are going to be issuing concealed carry weapons permits within ninety days or else, or else they will be deemed in violation of the Second Amendment. We're going to be Second Amendment complying up and down the state of California. I'm going to work with my sheriffs to do it. We're going to turn California back over to everyday Californians, and I am going to be there to protect their constitutional rights and ensure that we're compliant with all federal laws, and we're enforcing all state laws. And we're going to give California back to Californians. And we are going to return California to a law and order state.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you last question. We have about sixty seconds left. One of the jobs of the Attorney General is to write the title and summary for ballot initiatives. We know that the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association has one that'll be on the November ballot to protect Prop thirteen. We know there's one that's going to be on the ballot that is going to require photo identification to vote. We know that Rob Bonta doesn't want either one of these two initiatives to pass. What do you think the odds are he's going to play it straight or try to sink those two initiatives with a heavily biased title. In summary, you about sixty seconds.
Speaker 4: The public's been paying attention to this, and I think they already know it's coming. And those props are pulling at sixty I'm sorry, eighty five percent approval. They're pulling at eighty five percent approval, so they'll pass. But what the public needs to know is if you don't have an attorney general who is going to defend those once they pass, defend those in court, because once those pass on the November ballot, they will be attacked as unconstitutional or a violation of law or whatever. They will be attacked and they will be brought to court. If Rob Bonta does not show up to defend those props, the passage of those props or the new law of the land, they will fail. We saw that with Kamala Harrison Prop eight, where marriage equals a man plus a woman. Back in twenty ten, she did not show up to court to defend it and it failed. So if we don't have a new ag in when these props pass, they may as well fail. We absolutely need Bonta out. He will not show up to court to defend them. So this is critical. We are in a crisis right now and we need to rescue California.
Speaker 1: Michael Gates, candidate for Attorney General here in California, registered Republican. You can get them online at gatesfoag dot com. That's Gates the number four AG dot com. Michael Gates, thanks so much for stopping by.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred two two two five two two Two's the telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. And if you're like me and have a really long drive steering in the face later today, Randy, you can listen to the podcast edition of this program.
Speaker 2: Really search for the John Phillips Show wherever you get your podcast, whether it's the Apple podcast app.
Speaker 1: You know, absolutely, iHeart absolutely.
Speaker 2: Spotify search for the John Phillips Show, hit subscribe. You could download all the episodes.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: You could do a Google on the YouTube.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, you know. The ambassador program is absolutely working.
Speaker 2: You can get the kavc app, the KSFO app, or the KMJ now app and absolutely enjoy as much of this podcast as you want.
Speaker 1: That's right. I like that. That was amazing. Oh I miss her girl. We all do. Absolutely, absolutely