Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Back to murphin markets on the Sports Leader, streaming live on the sports Leader dot com and knbr V Sports Leader app.
Speaker 3: No, I think you try and put some of those things out of your mind, just make the best decision in front of your face at the time. So happy with where we're at and the talent we've accumulated. Obviously, we'll have roster decisions to make like everyone else that are going to come, you know, regardless of the future, and we'll just try and make the best decisions possible when that time comes.
Speaker 4: Zach Manazi and talking about the looming lockout and forty man roster and did that affect the Giants' trade decisions? He says, no, but you never know. A and O WA cambr is the phone number.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: We're doing it all morning long.
Speaker 4: We took a brief hiatus to talk NFL quarterbacks with Mike Sander, but the rest of the day has been all reaction to the buster posty trade deadline. And I think, by volume, the most active trade deadline I can the most active of trade deadline I can ever remember.
Speaker 6: As a Giants fan.
Speaker 4: Elliott Ramos to the Yankees they get Henry lalane a big left handed pitcher who could be a potential starter, and Cayden Kent, Jeff Kent's son. If you haven't heard what Jeff Ken had to say about him, we have some fun sound that we can play for you guys.
Speaker 6: Last week on the show.
Speaker 1: All you guys do at Cambire is bitch and complain about the trade deadline NBR.
Speaker 6: That's all you guys do all day long. Bitch about the game. Enjoy the game more. Robbie Ray is a forever Padre.
Speaker 4: The Giants get right hander Miguel Mendez, who was the Padre's number four prospect, and another teenage shortstop sensation, Jony El Hernandez out of Cuba, who signed for one point four million in January. Joins that joshuaor Gonzalez, Luis Hernandez, Johnny level group of like young, exciting teenage shortstops an American band stand.
Speaker 1: I've been calling it out there. It's a teenage wasteline, yes, well hopefully not.
Speaker 4: Hopefully a teenage non wasteland hope, teenage Thriveland, teenage Disneyland Luisa Rise, which set off Burnsey and Caleb Killian. By the way, for Ramone Marquez, who Buster Posey went out.
Speaker 6: In fact, you get that sound there.
Speaker 4: Buster went out of his way on the zoom call Walt to flag Ramone Marquez as maybe the prize of the draft, almost like a Jackson Flora type level. This was Buster on the zoom yesterday, just on his own.
Speaker 7: You know, I'd like to specifically highlight a guy, you know, Ramone Marquez. He was one that our scouts had flagged early on in this process and a guy that we weren't sure we were going to have access to. So somebody that were extremely excited about to add to the system and feel like he's a starting pitcher that's going to slot up in the top of our system going forward. So you know, a guy like that, I think he's going to probably carry a little bit more weight than a few other pictures that might be a tier or two down below that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were saying this, I was joking earlier, but I love all my children. I just love my child Ramone the best. Yeah, and that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to Ramone, but really looking forward to return from all three of these pictures. They picked up three pictures that instantly got inserted into the top fifteen of the Giants farm system. But even just beyond the names and the status of these prospects. I love the fact that Buster said that Ramon was on their radar for a couple of weeks like going through this entire process, because that to me acknowledges that they needed to be a seller at this trade deadline.
Speaker 6: And look, Buster Posey was pretty.
Speaker 1: Honest with us in our last conversation Zach manaskin as well. Throughout the entire season, they were eighteen games under five hundred yesterday before the trade deadline. There was no secret in the world that the Giants needed to be sellers, and they got the parties started early with the Patrick Bailey trade, and they've obviously been doing their research throughout the season, trying to get the best potential package for some of these expiring contracts.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, we have.
Speaker 4: You know, most people seem pretty happy with the trade results. That's the calls and the tech. Some remaining cynical. I get it. It's you know, they're seventeen under.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 4: But the point is is that something one of the guys brought up said, well, well, you guys are touting these prospects, Well, weren't you just chatting pitching prospects the last two three years, and the answer is, well, not really. It was a pretty light pitching pharm system. We're looking at the Carson Seymour's and the Carson wizen Hunts of the world, the Land and Roots that Trevor McDonald's. You know, we're all hopeful, but none of these The point I'm trying to make here is none of these guys were ranked as high. And by that I mean Jackson Flora, who they drafted, and Ramon Mendez are immediately their top two pitching prospects. So that tells you where they slot that these guys are better than the guys they had in the system prior. Now, Miguel Mendez from the Padres may wind up being a reliever, but Jim Bowden said that the Giants might have gotten three potential starting pitchers in L lane from the Yankees, Mendez or Marquez from the Phillies and Mendez from the Padres. The one I want to talk about though now Marcus is probably the most probably the sexiest one, and that's Marcela Meyer. Yep, because this guy. I remember hearing about this guy.
Speaker 1: I mean I remember I remember watching the draft when he was the number four overall pick a few years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so you know, the Red Sox were kind of saying, this is our deal and this is what we you know, our future is Roman Anthony and this kid Marcel Meyer. It's spelled mayor like Oscar mayor Oscar. Actually it's spelled like Oscar Meyer and pronounced like Oscar Meyer.
Speaker 6: Oh I wish I was an Oscar Meyer. So here's the problem.
Speaker 4: The Red Sox parted with him, which means something happened along the way the Red Sox didn't like. Now he's had injury problems. That's number one. Is that something that's going to dog him his whole career? If so, the Red Sox made out number two. His big league stint was not great. Two hundred and five at bats. He hit two twenty with a five ninety four ops. Okay, not great again, that's only two hundred and five at bats. He came up in twenty twenty five, played forty four games. This year, played seventy games. It just quite hasn't happened yet. Now, if you're looking for the Red Sox perspective, they were in their feelings a little bit because this was a guy that kind of treasured. Now we know what it's like to treasure or prospect Marco Luciano. I'm not saying Marcelo Meyer is Marco Luciana, but we'm just saying you can love a prospect and not want to get rid of him. But at the same time, when do you do an evaluation on a guy who's not gonna catch on? Joey bart Joey bartch got traded again yesterday. But there's an alternate narrative in that Marcella Meyer is twenty three years old and has a lot of underlying positive metrics and gets out of an organization where it didn't start.
Speaker 6: Great.
Speaker 4: Fan base is intents, media is intense. It's from the West coast. He's from San Diego, from Chula Vista, went to the same high school as Casey Schmidt. So maybe you get him out, Maybe you give him patience. Casey Schmidt, who could have been an All Star this year, needed patience, Elliott Ramos who was an All Star, needed patience, So Marcello Meyer could be And also Marcus last thought point here before you can go, he might slide in and you might get a chance to see this guy last six weeks of the season. He has to heal up an injury right now, but could could slide into second base.
Speaker 6: Conceivably for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's one of the players that you actually traded for yesterday that has big league experience and to your point, recovering from an injury right now. But I would not be surprised to see him at second base or maybe even third base later on the season, depending on what happens with Matt Chadman. But he's a guy that can kind of fill in right now for Casey Schmidt. And you're absolutely right when it comes to Casey Schmidt, who had a breakout year at age twenty seven. There were people write him off when he was twenty three, twenty four to twenty five years old. Elliott Ronalds same case, writing him off when he's twenty three, twenty four, twenty five years old, breaks out and becomes an All Star. So yeah, not everybody's going to be Juan Soto at nineteen, or Rafeo dever Is at nineteen, or a Mike Trout or a Bryce Harper. Sometimes it does take a little bit more development. Sometimes it does take a change of scenery so I think when you can get a former number four overall, pick a guy that's been highly regarded as a top fifteen prospect in all baseball for the last four seasons in return for Eric Miller a bullpen arm, I think that's a pretty good damn trade you make for a bi low candidate.
Speaker 6: I'm intrigued by this guy, for sure.
Speaker 4: They said there was that sucks fan said maybe he was a bad influence on roman At like they partied.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I want to get into I don't know anything about that.
Speaker 4: Listen, it was a massive change. Was it a fire sale, No, we're joking firesal. We couldn't make it a fun because they just just a garage sale. They kept Devers at Dominson Chatman, they kept web They kill not every not everybody is a master salesman like my guy Murph. You can't just flip a TV for five dollars.
Speaker 1: Sometimes at these garage sales, you take the product, you put it on the front lawn, and then you got to take it back inside.
Speaker 6: There's not always buyers like I.
Speaker 1: Understand Slipper with a matt Oh, you didn't trade Doverge, you didn't trade Domice. You didn't trade Matt Chapman. It takes two to tangle. You can't force other teams to take these contracts. These are the consequences of the Giants' actions committing this type of money and this type of length when it comes to the contract. And now they're going to have to figure out how to get better around these guys if they're still on the roster for the future.
Speaker 4: I would add that the Pat Bailey trade was part of the trade deadline too. I mean that was a big, big trade. They got tug Bout, Wilkinson and this kid Carson Bollman. Bollman with the twenty ninth pick. So we'll see how those guys pan out two. Somebody texted and said to Brian saman you say get three pictures.
Speaker 6: And one will work out. Well, the Giants got a lot of pictures.
Speaker 4: They got Lelane, they got met Marquez, they got Jaiir, they got Mendez, they got Molina, and they got Wilkinson. All in trades, that's six. Can you get two out of those? Hopefully you can get more than that. All right, Our great pal Tim Flannery is so excited to come on the show.
Speaker 6: He drove off.
Speaker 4: He's off the grid down there in the wilds of southern California. He drove to a mountaintop where he gets cell reception, so we'll talk to him. He's gonna be here for the Wall of Fame. Now I'm gone the rest of the week. We got a big family trip back to see the boy, the Murphy Kid, come out of his pleab summer as a changed man. So well, I will miss you guys Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, but you'll be talking about this Wall of Fame ceremony coming out where it's gonna be Brandon Crawford, Brandon Belt, Pablo Sandoval, and Buster Posey all going in the same day, and flan Man will be up here for it, so let's talk to him. Plus he's bringing his guitar and Jake Peavey, so let's jamp can't beat that. Let's talk to flann Man. Next on The Sports Leader. Oh, I wish I was an oscar, So here's the problem.
Speaker 2: Knbr BE Sports Leader. Now back to murphin markets on the Sports Leader, streaming live on the Sports Leader dot com at knbr V Sports Leader.
Speaker 4: App Well, one of our all time favorite human beings is our next guest on the Yuma guest Line, the three time World Series champ, but he doesn't have to be a three time World Series chant to be our favorite. He's just one of those dudes you want to hang with. It's Tim Flannery, the Flanman. And guess what, He's coming into town this weekend for the Wall of Fame ceremony, which honoring five giants from that era, Pablo Sandoval, Brandon Crawford, Joe Panic, Brandon Belt, and Buster Posey. And then after that he's gonna play some gigs up here in the Barrier at the end of August with Jake Peeve opening. They're calling it the Tim Flannery and the Lunatic Fringe, the Fire Insurance Tour with Jake Peavy.
Speaker 6: That's gold, guys, that's gold.
Speaker 4: So get at your pens August twenty seven and Half Moon Bay at Old Princeton Landing, August twenty eighth and Friday and Santa Cruz at the Kumbwa Theater. I hope I said that wrong. I'm sure I said it wrong. August twenty ninth in Chico. Up there in Chico at the Chico Women's Club venue about that and then my favorite there August thirtieth in Nevado at the HOPMNK Tavern August thirty. So that's the twenty seven, twenty eight, twenty nine thirty half Moon Bay, Santa Cruz, Chico, and Nevado tics at Timflannery dot com. Once again, Tim Flannery dot com. Flan Man, I hope I sold a ticket or too.
Speaker 6: Good morning, How you doing, buddy, Gay, morning too.
Speaker 5: I'm doing great. How you guys doing. Thanks for having me too, By the way, this is great.
Speaker 6: It's always great to have you. Buddy. Hey man, you got Jake, You and Jake. That's gold, right, Come.
Speaker 5: On, hey, Jake has really become a great musician and a great songwriter and performer. And he came up to me a few months ago and says we should do some shows other So I hadn't I already had this plan, this, this book, this tour. We love to we love to play these Santa Cruz, we love we love all have Moon Bay, Chico and then Nevado. But the more we talked, he wanted to do it, and he's really became great at it. And I brought him to my house down in San Diego and I said, now, listen, Jake, you have to show up. Your name's on the ticket. We're selling tickets. You got it there. So I'm coaching. I'm coaching my butt off still with Jake.
Speaker 6: You never know, man, he's such a cool dude. He blows out and killed he'll be there.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Hey, uh, there's one. I saw him at Sweetwater one night. He opened with Tangled Up in Blue. Obviously Bob Dylan, but that is one of those lyric heavy songs you can ever.
Speaker 6: And I I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know if he was reading off a teleprompter, but I think he nailed all those lyrics. How do you memorize the lyrics that Tangled Up in Blue? Come on, that's an impressive feat by Jake Pete.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, you're not sixty eight years old, because I got to use some cheat notes.
Speaker 6: That's all right, you're all right, you're right.
Speaker 5: But he is. He's really become great and he's been playing some great places and yeah, and we've got a great band. We got the Lunatic Friends with me and I also have a couple buddies, Jeremy Plow, who was an original Lunatic Friends, and Doug Pettibone who just came off tour with Lucinda Williams and Bob Dylan tour. So I'm bringing the Varsity for sure, and we've my band, the Friends. We've been playing a bunch and so I played probably ten shows every month up and down the coast, and I'm just really excited to be able to do this and tell stories. And I mean Jake and I have some stories from you know, he was nineteen years old when he came to San Diego and he wanted to learn how to play guitar. So I went on over to his place and brought him his guitar, brought him got him a new guitar, his first guitar, taught him three chords in the Truth and walked out the door. And he's done everything else on his own. And then when you see him, he says that I ruined his life because I gave him a guitar and taught him how to play. But I don't think I ruined it. I think we helped it. And he's really become great. And I can promise the Bay Area this will be one of the best shows. I mean, I hate to brag about my ball club, but we're and my ball Club is my band. We're on we're firing on all cylinders and we're playing a lot of great music. And I'm so excited to come back and play the places that we have played a bunch during the Love Harder project and the time we were raising money and people were helping us raise money and awareness for Brian Stowe. So it's going to be a beautiful, beautiful four days. I challenge people to join us, come all four shows that they're all going to be different, and you might even hook up with the boys afterwards for a late night.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tweet it out on my Twitter right now. The poster you sent me Flann and Jake.
Speaker 6: It's gold.
Speaker 4: So everybody needs the dates go to at cambr Murph. I just sent it out right now, so go check it out Flann while we while we yeah, no, of course, buddy. I mean I'm trying to figure out a way to get to the Nevado show.
Speaker 6: I got. It's a Sunday night, which isn't great for me, but well, well.
Speaker 5: It's early though. Okay, okay, early six o'clock show.
Speaker 6: Is that the sets?
Speaker 4: Because you're sixty eight now you got to play early on Sundays.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I love to play late. Nothing's changed, but I will tell you the fire insurance to or something I came up with, because my fire insurance here at my I live off the grid a lot of the times. It's gone from two grand to ten grand. So I'm gonna go. You know, I've always used the money and raised money for other things, but look, I'm on a fixed income and when I need something like fire insurance, I realized I hit nine home runs in the eighties and I don't have like this a bunch of money I can spit out. So the fire insurance tour is gonna hopefully pay for my fire insurance, so my wife would get off my hat.
Speaker 1: Well, Flann, I know everybody's looking forward to seeing you play this weekend, but also seeing you at the ballpark. Quite the reunion with the Wall of Fame ceremony going on this weekend with Buster Posey, Brennan Crawford, Brandon Bell, Joe Panic, and Pablo Sandoval. We can spend this entire interview talking about each and every one of these players, but just big picture, what are your films going into this reunion this weekend and seeing those guys go on the Wall of Fame.
Speaker 5: Oh, I think it's great. These guys are legends, and they came up as kids. They they were our hope. When they showed up, you know, we knew they were coming, and when Pablo had a pretty good breakout year, I believe in two thousand and nine. I think we finished five hundred at the end of that year, and we knew that the great young pitching was coming the next year. But they are such a joy to be around and what they accomplished and to be a part of it. It's something that I think about every single day of my life and draw strength from it. And also a lot of humor comes from it as well with those because they were the misfits. These guys were the characters, you know. So I'm looking really looking forward to it and looking forward to seeing Boach and Wotis and all the coaches up there. They're all going to show up and I'm sure we'll be telling some stories.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, somebody run in said, have you ever considered Bochi as a background baritone for the band?
Speaker 5: Actually, I'm gonna tell them, don't say this to him. But I was playing a show at Poway performing Arts Center years ago, and Boach used to live in Pawaway, and I had this beautiful she traveled with us a few times. Eve sell us this beautiful singer and beautiful heart and beautiful lady. Well Boats had to come up on stage and he was singing behind her, or pretending like he was singing behind her. But I wish I would have had some video of that. But if I had video of that, you know, him and I ran the streets together as players for five or six years before social media. Yes, I'm glad. I'm not getting over channel work.
Speaker 6: Nolan. No, no, no, no, We'll be cautious. We'll be cautious.
Speaker 4: Hey man, Sometimes the best tweet is the one you don't send, right. Yeah, we're talking to the great Tim Flannery. And if you need to know the dates, I just put it on my Twitter at canby R Murph Flann and Jake Peavey opening Jake's Gold and Tim Flann's Gold August twenty seven, nine thirty Half Moon based Santa Cruz, Chico, Nevado. Tickets at Tim flannery dot com. You're gonna see a buster posey who's a little battered. You know, this guy's golden Man, golden boy, and he's having a tough year. But Flann, I'm gonna ask you the question framed in your experience. There are tough years in baseball. You mentioned the O eight, oh nine, oh seven, oh eight. You guys didn't win a lot of games. You and Boach came back for your lonesome dove last ride, and it didn't oh seven and O eight, you guys weren't winning a lot of games. And right now the Giants are so talk to us about getting through those years, dealing with the fan negativity, the media negativity. What Buster's going through right now.
Speaker 5: Well, you gotta you know, the game is a game of failure to start with. And you know, even if you get Jenna Batchi he makes seven outs, you're a really great hitter at three hundred. But you've got to be able to trick your mind. As Alan Trammell, the great Hall of Fame Short Stobb used to tell us when he would we coach together, you've got to trick your mind. And when you're playing bad, and when you know, like two thousand and seven, we were brought up to create a ball club and put a team together, that's that doesn't happen overnight. It took us a few years to do it. And I remember when we came up. We were we left San Diego, and even though we ran out of San Diego, we were we were here, and you know, go you're a trader, You're a trader. And then we got up to San Francisco and people's yelling go back to San Diego. So we didn't. We had no home for three years until finally it all came together. So, uh, this isn't a game that just happens overnight. And when you bring in a new manager and you bring in new people, there's a culture that has to be developed and hopefully you can get some type of positive out of this season. I will be honest with you, it's been very difficult to watch. And I'm now I'm sitting in my you know, my big chair with a blanket on, and I'm one of the greatest couch coaches ever. It's been difficult to even be a couch coach.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm not playing great ball.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you one thing though, just speaking of your line of work, this poor guy, Hector Borg, had a rough start. They brought in Gary Pettis, we haven't talked about third base coaching in a month and a half.
Speaker 6: This guy knows what he's doing over there. Do you know Gary at all?
Speaker 5: I know Gary, and he's a really good third base coach. He was with Houston. First of all, he was an amazing base runner. I played with him when he came up. He broke in with the Angels, and we played a lot of games in spring training against one another and got to know each other. But Hector Borg, I'm in Portland, Oregon, playing a gig, and I'm walking through the airport when all of this was happening to him, and I get a phone call from him. I've never met the man in my life, but he called just to try to ask me what's going on.
Speaker 1: And I go.
Speaker 5: First of all, Hector, if you line up nine coaches and says who wants to coach for eight guys are going to take a step back. So you're in a position where it's not always fun. I got aired out a lot of knights, cussed down a lot of knights, and now with this gambling, I wouldn't even think about being back there coaching because people. I remember one night we were down by five runs in the ninth inning and I was holding runners because we only had two outs left, and I had one guy when I came off the field screaming at me because I didn't jam a guy home who might have been out, but he didn't care. He wanted his vet cover. And now they're getting death threats from this stuff. And I think the commissioner has made the biggest mistake about this game and ruin in it because of this gambling and allowing people to gamble on every pitch on every game. It's absolutely absurd. So that put a little bit more heat on him, and I know that he was It's not easy. And I told Hector, I go, Hector, I did it for twenty years. You shouldn't. You guys did and see me the first like fourteen years. You have to learn all of it. You've got to learn the personalities of your club. But what drove me crazy and what I would have done, And I still gonna maybe ask buster, can I have like three weeks or two weeks of spring training two hours a day, because not one of these base runners takes it personal and knows that there's other people involved when they're out there talking to infielders. Why they're on base, they don't know how many outs there are. They're being surprised by bunt plays. My feeling is and what I started every spring training with. I would say, you know, you guys have been lifting weights all winter long, hitting in the batting cages for hours, watching videos, all of that to get on base. Now the pictures are lifting weights, watching videos, working in the bull in long distance, running to get their stamina. Everything they did was to keep people off base. And I used to hit three hundred and four hundred ground balls every day to eight guys with a glove and one catcher with a mit. Everybody had those on and everybody practiced catching the ball to keep you off face. So running the bases must be pretty important. That's how That's how I start, you know, because I see guys taking pitches off and their minds and I can't I just turn it off. I can't watch it because it affects people's And I told this with Sergio one night. I gave him a take sign, and Sergia from Voats Boats gave it to me. I gave it to him and Sergio swings, and after the game I went and got in his face. I said you're affecting my life, my wife, my children, my job. You know, you've got to let these players know how personal it is for you, and you gotta be willing to maybe even throw a couple of punches if a guy's not gonna if the guy's not gonna buy into it, you gotta bite them. You gotta buy them.
Speaker 4: I mean, Flynn, you just preaching. That was absolute gospel right there. Everything you just said there was gospel. And I love the way Flynn's always been like, let's just go.
Speaker 6: This is a game of baseball.
Speaker 4: What you get on bab It's like what he would say every when you're coaching third. Everything you need to know is on the scorebar, what's the inning, what's the score, what's the count?
Speaker 6: How many outs? I mean?
Speaker 4: And here you are saying about when you're on base. This is how important it is. It should be your It should be your every every fiber of your being should be into being the best base runner you could be.
Speaker 5: Absolutely and merv this is a funny story because Boat is called laughing and Peevee he told everybody we did this. I've done too, I've done Lasky's a giant h fantasy camp But I did the Padre Fantasy camp last year, and the first I took a guy out for dinner the first night. He was from the East Coast. He wore his Boston Red Sox uniform. He wouldn't he wouldn't put a Padre uniform on. He was a little bizarre. He said he went to every fantasy camp and he just bad mouthed all the coaches at dinner when I took him to dinner. Well, the next night, these guys played two games and two games a day, and they're just you know, they pay five grand to come and play. They were hitting the bases wrong, they were blowing their acls out their achilles, they were getting carted off the field. So the final game, but the second game, in the third day, we're down by four runs on this fantasy camp and these guys have two outs left and they just running out. They just running the outs. I went nuts. I got him together, and I just said, if you guys wanted to know the greatest game, the great entity, the greatest brain, the greatest god of the game, the guy that has all the knowledge in the whole world about the game, you'd have to go to the Himalayas, and you'd have to you'd have to fly over there, and then you'd have to rent a burrow and a guide, and they're gonna take you up into the mountains, up into above the clouds, into the flat irons, and you're gonna walk into the area where the greatest brilliant mind of the game is gonna be there. And you know what you're gonna find. You're gonna find a scoreboard. The scoreboard will teach you how to run the basis the teachers again. So the next day we have a team photo and I go, well, where's so and so the guy's name? He goes, plan you didn't hear it? I go, He took his uniform, threw it off on the in the ground and said that I ruined his fantasy and he went home where God.
Speaker 2: Let it go.
Speaker 6: Take some coaching, buddy, Come on, man, now.
Speaker 5: A couple months later, I'm sitting in my I'm sitting in my easy coaching share at home watching games on television, and I get a phone call from the general manager of the Padres, aj Preller, and I thought he was I was getting set up because I buried aj Preller on MLB Network when he made a trade and cook the books and fired one of my trainers who wouldn't cover for him. Long story short. He goes he heard that story and was belly laughing, and he goes, I think we might need that around here. And I said to him, I go, aj, here's what I can offer you. I can come once a homestand at two o'clock with my fung go because I miss hitting ground balls and my grandson, but I got to be back home in my couch at four o'clock in the afternoon. I'm not watching the game.
Speaker 6: We'll get you some afternoon fungos. That's all I'm giving you, buddy, because I got limits. Dude, this is incredible.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I didn't he I'll tell you what I have got, bough. They've let me come down and sit in the owner's boxes and I can bring my grandkids and sit out there in the owner's box with all the food and everything, just because I you know, and Pee's been telling this story that everybody Boach called me and just Melli laughing because he knows me well enough to know that that exactly what I did.
Speaker 6: Well, listen, buddy, this is the gold. You're gonna get when you go see the man.
Speaker 4: First of all, go to the Wall of Fame ceremony, give Flant a shout, but definitely go see him.
Speaker 6: Uh play this music.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna definitely try to get to that Nevado show and everybody go to Tim Flannery dot com and listen Jake peeb that's if we can get Jake there.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 6: We gotta get Jake there.
Speaker 5: Uh, We're gonna get it. I got I've ordered, I've ordered staff to take care.
Speaker 6: You got a leash on him. You got a leash on him.
Speaker 4: August twenty seven, Half Moon August twenty eight, Santa Cruz August twenty nine, Chico August thirty, Nevado, Tim Flannery dot com. Don't miss it, jakepev special guest. That's gold, Buddy, your gold. We love you.
Speaker 6: Will.
Speaker 4: Let you go down the mountain, off the grid and we'll see you in the bay.
Speaker 6: Buddy, You're the man.
Speaker 5: Flann Okay, y'all, I love you all, Thank you San Francisco for everything. I'll see you soon.
Speaker 2: Love you, Flann Man on the Sports Leader. Listen to V Sports Leader anytime anywhere. Tell mode knbr V Sports Leader app Murphin Marcus continued live from the Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpot Studios. Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpots are here. Where are you? Just drop in one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 4: All right, so we've been doing this thing. We're at the end of the show. In addition to doctor Bouchet entering. Uh and what did we all learn today is we're just giving away stuff. Man, We're just giving away stuff. So you wait long enough two tickets to see comedian jaf I've done them.
Speaker 6: How about that?
Speaker 4: They're like, man, I got I got my I got the but Jesus out of me entertained by Tim Flannery and.
Speaker 6: I just won two tickets see comedie and Jeffdunham. I guess he does that ventriloquis stuff a other the dummies. Yeah, he does.
Speaker 4: Saturday, September nineteenth, Mountain Winery and Sarah Tuga. So call Curly right now, John, Joe Curley call on number ten four, one, five, eight, nine six camb are get two tickets see Jef Dunham at the Mountain Winery September nineteenth. The prize is furnished by the Mountain Winery. Find the official rules at dsports Leader dot com. This year's Mountain Winery lineup includes The Wallflowers, Nelly, John Mullany, and more. Tickets to see one of the Mountain Winery shows on sale now at Mountainwinery dot com. Marcus will give these away Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. I got family business on the East Coast, sou Before I leave, I need to see the doctor.
Speaker 6: Ooh, doctor Bouchet, who prescribed gummies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah he did. Oh yeah, Actually you don't. You prefer old fashioned flame, don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like Fred Warner told us, I love graass. That's what I'm prescribing. Doctor, Doctor, give me the news. I've got a Stanford Health Health Report for you, sponsored by Stanford Healthcare. And let's go down to Levi Stadium where we were yesterday. After sitting down and having a conversation with Mike Evans, he did not practice dealing with a quad string. Rookie wide receiver Dejon Stribbling, who we talked to last week, also did not practice day to day with hamstring. Maybe it's not the substation, maybe it's us, but no, it's not. There's a long list of forty nine injuries that we can keep you updated on all week long right here on the Sports Leader, because each and every day you will get a Stanford Healthcare Health Report sponsored by Stanford Healthcare.
Speaker 6: All right, good job, doctor Bouchet.
Speaker 4: Once again, as I would like to say, uh, if I was in a waiting room, you know, on that little bench that was that little seat you sit on with that with that sort of like light sheet, that sort of toilet paper shit, I with like.
Speaker 6: The toilet paper filter all the time.
Speaker 4: And then and you're sitting there waiting and the door opens an in walks doctor Bouchet and the white coat.
Speaker 1: You're like, ooh, yeah, because my doctor, I would recommend finding a different doctor you know who I.
Speaker 4: You know, I got it as my time to go to the greatest doctor of all time, doctor Vinni Boomba.
Speaker 6: Cal Man Rodney Days.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah about that. We should probably incorporate that. Yeah, we definitely should remind her to go to.
Speaker 4: My Twitter at canby r Murph and get that Tim Flannery information Tim Flannery dot com. We saw all your positive texts. Flan just absolute gold, I mean absolute gold. You just can't beat flann up on the mountain too. You had to drive up from the off the grid up to the mountaintop where he got some reception, got some wind in there too, Uh so good stuff. All right, Well it's time to learn. I think it's this time for doctor Bouchet to.
Speaker 6: Learn a little bit. Ladies want to know what a ham sandwich? Can I get a name?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 6: Amen? What did water Boy learn today? You know what's going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It is Murph.
Speaker 4: And early in the show we were talking about the many trade acquisitions Buster Posey made, including a seventeen year old short stop named Joni L. Hernandez from the Padres, and I was like, man, he joined his whole fleet of teenage shortstops the giants have, whether it's Joshua or Gonzalez or Luis Hernandez who are in San Jose, or Johnny Level who's in Hia Eugene, I said, we got four teenage shorts ups. And I just casually riffed as I do. I said, what is this American bandstand? Oh, you guys are like what American bandstand? I said, I know, it's like a bunch of teenagers on the dance floor. So I found American band Stand In nineteen fifty two to nineteen eighty nine, hosted and produced by Dick Clark, who Ryan Seacrest is trying to be.
Speaker 6: He'll never be, he never be.
Speaker 4: No, I found this one, dude, and this was like later stick because in the fifties and sixties it was like the doo wop bands and the beach boys. But it went all the way into my years, buddy, until a young Brian Murphy had his shall we say his world changed by Madonna on America? Give me a little clip of this mark, We got a video on this wal a little video. Okay, what you think of a little nineteen eighty three Madonna American bandstand?
Speaker 6: What do you think, Marcus? Yeah, look at him. It's like a polity I look at him.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They dance and then she took Okay.
Speaker 9: We have waited a while for you to get here. This is a real treat for everybody.
Speaker 6: Now, Clark, control yourself. Let us have a Oh look, he got his hand on a who he got his hand on when people are excited. He was kind of agents.
Speaker 9: He gets a general idea. Let us have a just a couple of words, all right, I said, I gave the impression you started in New York. You didn't you started somewhere. Well, I was born in Detroit and you went to New York.
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm I'm a famed high school dropouts, so I don't believe anything they tell you.
Speaker 9: Tell me why you went from you want to keep Detroit to New York to Paris?
Speaker 6: What did you do in Paris?
Speaker 8: Well? When I came to New York, originally I was dancing with some dance companies, and I decided to go to Paris because a singer named Patrick Hernandez, he had this big hit called Born to Be Alive. Yeah, he offered me a tour with him as a background stinger and a dance or so I jumped on that boat and got into the music industry that way and started writing songs.
Speaker 1: So here I am good stuff. Madonna, God bless her, simple as a what do you think? You know what I love about that dance party? Not a damn cell phone. Everybody on the dance floor.
Speaker 6: By the way, Madonna, eighty three yo? You know?
Speaker 4: Yes, oh yes, careful check with candas I always say, the VHS was loaded in the record, and then make sure nobody's home.
Speaker 6: I got you.
Speaker 4: We're getting too much time for me. We gotta God next Monday. I'll see you next Monday. Save travels. Thank you by the boys, I said, I will for sure. Well j JJK, you guys have some fun. Poppa and Silver's next there in Berkeley.
Speaker 6: JD's in for Papa. They're in Berkeley doing their thing.
Speaker 4: We have Ron rivera all fall by the way, you listening to Cambire AM and Camber FM. Saisco Esports Leader a Cumulus Media station.
Speaker 6: Oh I wish I was an Oscar. So here's the problem.
Speaker 8: Check out the jump.
Speaker 4: Hush puppy, Oh.
Speaker 1: Boy, giants Jets apologize, but it is what it is.
Speaker 5: You treated.
Speaker 4: Willis to rise a leader of the clubhouse, a leader that lot of community.
Speaker 6: Free Number four prospect right had a picture. That's the end of the game.
Speaker 8: M