Speaker 1: And we continue at two five in the afternoon on The John Phillips Show Live from Las Vegas, Nevada. Mister Randy Wiggs in Culver City.
Speaker 2: You really can't make this one up. An employee for the nonprofit in LA People Assisting the Homeless was arrested for dealing drugs in MacArthur Park. And John, you want to know what job this employee had at People Assisting the Homeless?
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait to find out.
Speaker 2: Passing out needles, of course. So he was giving away the needles and selling the Fentinel at the same time.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a barber Ferrara special to me. I have no idea eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number one. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. It is our pleasure to welcome our next guest to the program. He is a republic political strategist. So you can follow on exit the Thomas Guide, John Thomas, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Hey John, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks so much for stopping by. Let's get into the gubernatorial election here first, because I've got to tell you one of the things, one of the reasons that we all study history in school is because history tends to repeat itself, and you want to learn from your mistakes and you want to try not to repeat them in this election. The Democrats were almost entirely willing to get behind Eric Swalwell when he was a candidate for governor because they thought he would have the best chance at finishing in first place and keeping a Democrat walkout from happening on the November ballot. He didn't really know much about California politics, he didn't really seem interested in learning about California politics, but he was well known because he is a foil to Donald Trump, and that was good enough for them. And then all the negative stories broke about all the rape allegations and sexual harassment and mistreating people, misusing money, the whole thing. And we find out the guy's a complete dirtbag. Even Stephen Klubek kicked him out of his house. And what do the Democrats do. Instead of trying to learn from their mistake and figure out where they went wrong in their evaluation of this candidate, they jump headfirst in with Javier Bessera, a guy with more red flags and a golf course, a guy who the Biden administration is saying was the worst pick that Joe made his entire four years as president. He is a guy whose chief of staff is cutting a deal with the FEDS after he was accused of stealing and not paying the irs. Dana Williamson is being charged by the fires with a crime, and it looks like she's cutting a deal with them, and it seems like they don't seem to care or seem to be too concerned with all of these storm clouds on the horizon, and it's looking to me like Eric Swalwell two point zero your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's incredible. First of all, the fact that in the state is deeply blue as California, that candidates like Swallwell and Javier Butsera are the best they have to offer is really quite pathetic and shocking. And the second is I hear what you're saying, John about history, that they should learn from it. But let's also look at the recent presidential election where they coued Joe Biden and slammed in his vice president without having without having the proper thought of perhaps forcing Joe Biden to have a competitive primary and perhaps find a more viable national democrat rather than be incompetent and idiotic and feckless Kamala Harris who ended up obviously losing to President Trump. So this is somewhat consistent. And I also think that Democrats are so blinded by their identity politics that also causes them often to not look beyond the surface. And so they're going to get Hobby Air Besera taking over at a time that California is in deep, deep crisis. So not only do you need a competent Democrat, but you need a Democrat who isn't corrupt, And so it looks like they're going to be. California may be quite frankly longing for the days of Gavin Newsom, because at least he's just your standard issue San Francisco limbal Jabber. Besara is like just Joe Biden a few years younger.
Speaker 1: Well, when you look at the possibilities of what could happen, we know that everyone in this guy's inner circle is now in trouble with the Feds. So it is an entirely within the realm of possibilities that this guy could get indicted after the primary, and then suddenly you have someone who might go to federal prison as your nominee. What do you do then my guess is they stand behind him because they rather deal with a democratic criminal than a republican. What do you do if he gets elected, becomes governor, and then gets indicted. You have a guy who is essentially impotent as governor, won't be able to do any of the things that you want him to do because he'll be under a federal cloud. All of the possibilities that they have coming up with Javier Bessera are bad. And let's say he doesn't get indicted, You're going to end up with a guy who, based on past performance, will likely be a very poor governor, and you're going to rely on that guy to lead the state.
Speaker 3: Well, particularly the time of broad economic crisis within the state. Yeah, you're exactly right. I think the other kind of story here, as it relates to the candidates, John, is that although I don't know that the Democratic establishment thought too deeply about their backing of Javier Sarah other than he's not Tom Steyer and Tom you can't doesn't play well with the Democratic establishment. I think really it's the establishment trying to run more broadly from all the other candidates, John, I mean they, yes, Javier may be a bad governor in effective governor. But the establishment hates Katie Porter. They can't stand to be in a room with Katie Porter. They would take somebody who's incompetent over any day of the week. And quite frankly, a similar similar thing with Stier. So I wonder if it's more that the Sarah was just the best the least bad alternative in a time when they got caught flat footed because Swallow was obviously bounced out.
Speaker 1: You debate a lot of Democratic strategists on cable, on radio, different forums. When the cameras are on and you're talking to them about Katie Porter, what do they say.
Speaker 3: I have yet to meet a single Democratic strategist, state, local, or national that thinks highly of her. It's really they all just want her to go home, go back to teaching, or whatever she wants to do. They personally detest her, And I think they're all going to be actually, I know they're all going to be quite relieved when she very likely will not prevail in this race. And what is that Two back to back losses and her old seat was kind of carved away, So they're all relieved. The only person I know I believe that likes Katie Porter would be Elizabeth Warren. I think she's her protege. But outside of that, Katie's finding herself without a home.
Speaker 1: What I talk to Democrats, not only do they not like her, they all seem to have unique Katie Porter stories where she did something to them, She was nasty to them, she was nasty to someone in front of them, she did something vulgar, whatever. They all have stories, every single one that I talked to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. You know, it's interesting because politics is a team sport. It doesn't mean that you can't ruffle feathers. So President Trump goes toe to toe with people all the time, but he also is very loyal and knows how to get along with people to get things done. Katie Porter doesn't get along with anybody. She's in it for herself, and that's simply it. You know, her whole thing during Congress was to try to make a rocket to try to embarrass a CEO that would come in front of oversight. And then she used that clip to get her on MSNBC simply so that she could take that clip and put it in her email machine and keep dumb low information voters keep giving her five dollars a month, and that worked pretty effectively to put together a just But the problem is, John, it's one thing to run for Congress. The electric doesn't get to know you that well because it's pretty much your TV ads and your mail pieces. But when you run for governor in a big state like this, yes, paid advertising is important, but you've got to build traditional coalitions. And if you have flashed and burned everybody along the way, there's going to be nobody there to stand with you. And that's why she's in bloating.
Speaker 1: Quite frankly, what do you make of the fact that there seems to be no genuine interest at all within the Democratic Party electorate for Matt Mayhan, who is by all accounts the sanest of all of the Democratic candidates running for governor. He certainly wants to do something about crime, he wants to do something about the homeless problem. He doesn't want to spend the state into bankruptcy. But he's with them on all the social issues that they care about. He hates Donald Trump, and it doesn't matter. They're not buying that product.
Speaker 3: That actually is the most interesting story that I don't think is being covered about the scubatorial race, which is that moderate Democrats are completely rejected by both the establishment and the electorate in blue states like California. That is just shocking that they're looking for positions at the extremes. And Matt Mahon, it's just I mean, he's floundered. The only people that have gotten excited about him are kind of quite frankly, the ultra wealthy and Silicon Valley elites. Like that's about it. He never was resonant with the electorate. And I think, in part John, it's because intensity in these races is generated with Democrats at the extreme, who is the most anti Trump, who is the most woke? And Mahon's positions don't generate any excitement or intensity right now. He's not partisan enough, and so forget this the race of in California. I think as we project as we look into the midterm cycle, and then of course as we look into the next presidential cycle, this may be foreshadowing of what the Democratic primary race looks like, that a moderate governor from some flyover state may not actually be quite viable in twenty twenty eight. They may be looking for somebody more like an AOC to carry the torch.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this is horrendous news for Josh Shapiro or Ram Emmanuel or Andy Bashar. I can't see that type of candidate winning a Democratic primary right now.
Speaker 3: I struggle to see it. You know, I know, the the you know, the Democratic elites, the donors will probably give them plenty of money, so you know, you can't totally discount it, but I struggle to see it. They're going to splice up what ever, small flights of the electric but really they're just not going to generate a lot of attension because primary is about generating attention and intensity, and you know, somebody like AOC John, you know, probably starts out with I don't know, mid mid to high twenties and in support, and her voters are are not leaving her. So all she has to do is hang on to her voters and maybe pick up a couple points here or there, and heck, she can ride this thing out. So it's this really bad news for Democrats, and it's good news for Republicans if they're thinking about breaking the historical trend of you know, holding the White House after two terms in power.
Speaker 1: Do you think Biserah has seen enough of a bump to prevent the Democrats from being locked off the November ballot.
Speaker 3: I do, yeah, I mean, look, strange things do happen. But I've been I look at pullings a snapshot in time, of course, but I really are looking kind of at consolidation trends, and it seems to be the Democrats are kind of getting in line broadly behind the Sarah. His and Styre has been falling back, and interestingly, his attacks and whatnot kind of uh, He's resaturation point, whereas advertising really has marginal utility for each dollar that he spends, and in fact, you know, every time it's just paid for by time Tom sire, it reinforces kind of the Democratic electorates to stained for rich guys. So Tom seems to be falling back far enough. If he were closing at a faster rate, I would say, hey, maybe there could be two Republicans. But you know, President Trump's endorsement of Steve Hilton seems to consolidate the Republicans, and the kind of Democrats are getting in line more broadly with the Sarah. So I think it will be an R and D going in and and but look, I think the big wildcard is what you said, John does some bad doj News break about Hoavier with Sarah, you know, in a runoff, because that could tilt this thing in some kind of black Swan event towards Steve Hilton.
Speaker 1: What do you think Tom Steyer does next? Because he ran for president, spend a ton of money and lost, he's running for governor spending a ton of money, gonna lose. Do you think he just goes away at this point or do you think he spends the rest of his life running to win something.
Speaker 3: You know. I was thinking about this this morning actually, And on the one hand, it's completely idiotic about how much money this guy has wasted in just perennially running and losing. On the other hand, well, I completely disagree with his policies and world viewpoint I actually kind of respect it in a way, John, that he's a man in the arena. You know, he gets in the fight. At least he has no shot, but at least he's he's trying to do something, you know, juxtaposed to other billionaires like Rick Caruso who just don't have the you know, the stuff to go through it again. But so I tend to think his days in electoral politics, Tom says are over but I think he's going to turn this and leverage it into some kind of appointment if the Democrats take the White House. I just I just have to think that he's going to convert you know, not just the name might but also he's given a lot of influencers within the Democratic Party a lot of money, so he's going to try to try to convert that into an appointment if Tom Steyer runs for president again. I don't know. I guess I'll eat my hat, but I guess at that point he just loves burning money. I really have no one there no other explanation for it.
Speaker 1: What the hell is going on with Rick Caruso. You mentioned his name. He got behind Matt Mayhan in a big way. Matt Mayhan is not going to win this election. And now it looks like Carusell might get in trouble because there is coordination between one of the independent groups and the campaign, or at least an allegation of that, and they're looking into that right now, So people might get in trouble over that. He's getting behind a challenger to Brad Sherman, the longtime congressman from the San Fernando Valley, who is attacking him from the left. He has certainly gotten behind other candidates that make no sense to me. He won't endorse or hasn't endorsed Spencer Pratt, who is catching fire right now in that La mayor's race. He's only going after Nitia Rahman, So I assume he's going to endorse Karen Bass in the general election if it's Bass and Pratt. As soon as he started taking advice from Democratic consultants, A, what he did made no sense to anyone, and B he went from being the guy with the Midas touch to being a guy who can't win anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really interesting. You know, when you expect Rick to step up and use his voice to do the right thing, like endorsing Spencer Pratt, he remained silent when he has no business getting involved in a race like the one against Brad Sherman. He speaks up and he's backing a loser because he didn't run for mayor and he didn't run for governor. And it was such a bizarre lead up by the way right he was on an electoral tour essentially saying an announcement is coming and then only to pull the trigger and pull back. Was odd, and that meant that if Rick Crusoe endorsed in the race for governor, politically speaking, he needed to back a winner. He could not take a long shot. And so the fact that he got all in, I mean all in behind Matt Mayhan. And I saw some messaging Johnny put out on Twitter where it was a little disingenuous, where he was saying, oh, Matt Mayhem on the rise, he's overtaking. He was in fifth place at the time. I mean, there was just no there was no bad way at that time. It's look, I think any shred of political capital that Rick Caruso had after this coming election cycle is probably gone. I thought what he could have become when he decided not to run, although I do think he should have given it a shot in the LA mayor's race. But when he decided not to run, I thought, perhaps he could be like an elder statesman, the voice of reason who just did the right thing by getting behind the right people at the right time. And it's it's a hodgepot. I think it's bad political advice and instincts, a desire to be liked, and what's the end of happening is his political capitals eroding, and people who should be listening to Rick's advice are just going to discount it. And he's been more and more irrelevant as time goes on.
Speaker 1: John Thomas, Republican political strategist, so you can follow on exit the Thomas Guide. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Thanks thanks John, you too.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred two two two five two two two is a telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny Don't Like Show gmail dot com. That's Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com and Randy. The Long Weekend is almost here. If you want to start listening to us after we sign off for three, that's easy to do.
Speaker 2: All you gotta do is download our podcast quite frankly. Search for The John Phillips Show wherever you get your podcasts, quite frankly, whether it's the Apple podcast.
Speaker 1: App, quite frankly, whether it is.
Speaker 2: On Spotify, quite frankly, iHeartRadio, quite frankly. Search for the John Phillips Show, hit subscribe. You could download all the episodes right frankly. You can also do a George gascone.
Speaker 4: Who Google on YouTube quite frankly.
Speaker 2: And look for us on the Cumulus News Talk channel. You go to YouTube dot com slash at Cumulus News Talk subscribe to that. That's where all of the Cumulus News Talk stations post the podcast, and ours are the most popular on there, and we like to keep it that way, so you can check that out by subscribing at YouTube dot com slash at Cumulus News Talk. But no matter which way you listen, there are so many different ways to enjoy this podcast.
Speaker 1: Quite frankly, And on election night, we're doing double duty.
Speaker 5: Yes, we are, absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be broadcasting live on June second, from seven to nine pm election results. If there are anyone the polls close at eight o'clock, we'll have them for you, and it's going to be a triple simulcast. We're gonna be live on KABC, We're gonna be live on KSFO, and we're gonna be live on the Big KMJ in Fresnow.
Speaker 1: Well, there's more drama going on right now in the gubernatorial election involving paid influencers.
Speaker 2: Tom Steyer has been getting a lot of flak for straight up paying social media influencers to endorse his campaign, and a lot of the influencers have not been disclosing that they've been paid to support Tom Steyer.
Speaker 1: But it's not just Steyer doing this.
Speaker 2: Apparently Nithia Rahman is doing this in the La mayors race.
Speaker 1: For more, here is CBSLA Well.
Speaker 5: To right, there's new scrutiny over political campaigns and social media influencers.
Speaker 3: Politicians are writing.
Speaker 2: Beache starting to understand why the radio buys are so low for political because you can really skirt the rules when it comes to social media.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, though, If you are an influencer who talks about fashion or rap, music or fill in the blank, and then suddenly you stop talking about rap or fashion or whatever and you start shilling for Tom Steyer, I don't think your audience has any interest in that at all.
Speaker 2: No, it's an obvious cash grab and maybe they're cool with that. Hey, I'm ripping off Tom Steyer's campaign. I'm not saying it's a good strategy. I'm just saying that this is what the consultants think you got to do.
Speaker 5: Now, politicians are writing big checks for endorsements from influencers CBSLA political reporter Time.
Speaker 1: We imagine if that was legal in radio, Oh, the amount of money that would be going to these stations would be unreal.
Speaker 5: CBSLA political reporter Tom wait Us, hear Tom. The big issue not all these payments are being disclosed, that's right.
Speaker 6: And you know, here's the thing. We spoke with one influencer tonight. Really nice guy, just try to make a living, not really you being in the political world, right, They don't know a lot about sort of disclosure laws, and so I think that's part of it. So paying influencers for a product or campaign endorsement, it's nothing new, but the payments are getting more scrutiny after a Democrat for governor, Tom Steyer, dropped a staggering one hundred thousand dollars on a Texas based influencer to promote his campaign.
Speaker 1: WHOA. Now, you do the radio show from noon to three and then again later on in the afternoon. Let's say you had your own podcast where you talked about cooking and it had nothing to do with the radio station. You could theoretically sell your endorsement on your podcast legally speaking to one of these candidates. Correct. I think our contract doesn't allow that. Let's say it did. How much money would it take for you to endorse Katie Porter on your cooking podcast? Well we could make ESTRONI together.
Speaker 5: Sorry for the noise, I'm cutting carrots.
Speaker 1: That's true. Look, I a thousand.
Speaker 2: I am a shill for a lot of things, but I don't think I could ever be a shill for a politician. What about if she offered one hundred thousand dollars, Hey.
Speaker 1: It's randy for Katie Porter.
Speaker 2: Do you like politicians that scream at their assistance? Then you will love Katie Porter out of my shop?
Speaker 1: How about this twenty five thousand dollars? But she'd sleep with you too.
Speaker 2: You're gonna make people want us to play that call again. Maybe we'll do it in the last segment. What the hell?
Speaker 1: It's a holiday weekend. The street is tom st I do like money, so there is that.
Speaker 2: But would but would anybody be able to take me seriously in the job that I have here and on my five o'clock show if they know that I'm getting paid to promote these candidates?
Speaker 1: What do you care? Because the people who are interested in making sooufles aren't listening to this show. That is true.
Speaker 7: Word on the street is Tom Steyer is actually playing to slash utility bills by twenty five percent.
Speaker 6: So Cow based influencer Javier Knight on TikTok giving a thumbs up to Democrat Tom Steyer in his bid for governor California has a solution. What isn't said in this video is that Styer's campaign paid Night close to three thousand dollars. Knight did write two captions stating the video is in partnership with the Styer campaign. Night spoke with us, telling CBSLA.
Speaker 2: He was s I want to get a shirt that says Tom Steyer paid me three thousand dollars and all I got was this T shirt.
Speaker 1: So I've never heard any of these influencers that they're all paying off. And then a friend of mine who used to work at our then sister station, WABC, called me and one of the influencers that's at the center of this used to be a salesman at WABC who's now an online influencer and apparently is supporting Beserah for money that tracks.
Speaker 6: Night spoke with us, telling CBSLA he was surprised when he got the offer from the Styer campaign because most of his content is comedy and lifestyle.
Speaker 1: I'm not one for policies.
Speaker 7: I don't lean right, don't lean lamp, working to every American trying to live the American dream.
Speaker 2: And hey, if this guy wants to get me three thousand dollars, sure he'll buy my not vote.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: Is it surprising to anybody that this campaign has a ceiling and all the money that he's spending. Did you see that chart, by the way, of how much Tom Steyer has spent on local TV in Los Angeles?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, And let me tell you, at least with the influencers, all of this is being wasted because this program is a broadcast. It's meant for a broad audience. Podcasting is narrow casting. You're talking to people with very specific interests. The podcast I listen to, I listen to a podcast about the Angels losing. They don't talk about baseball, they don't talk about sports, they don't talk about these broad categories. They talk about one team and one team only, and that's it. And if I tune in and instead of hearing about the Angels losing, I hear about Tom Steyer and how great he is, I'm gone.
Speaker 2: This report that we're playing is from CBSLA KCBS in Los Angeles. To this point, Tom Steyer has spent ten point seven million dollars on ADS on just that shown.
Speaker 1: And he spent a ton on the rest of them too.
Speaker 2: Eight point five million dollars on ABC seven Los Angeles, zero dollars on KABC, Thank you very much, eight point one million dollars on NBC four, five point five million dollars on KPIX, five point three on KCRA, four point one on NBC in the Bay Area, three point nine on Fox eleven, three point nine on KTLA. There's so much money that's directly going to all these TV stations.
Speaker 1: Did you see that the one TV station that he's not really spending much on is KRON in the Bay Area.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. No love for KRON four. It's up with that, Tom Styer.
Speaker 7: Could it be ignorant of me to just be like, yeah, I'll take the money. And but at the same time, when someone's throwing a big pile of money at you, and you got to make this book.
Speaker 2: Influencers got to make rent. So whether they're pushing collagen peptides or Tom Styer.
Speaker 1: They are for sale.
Speaker 7: When someone's throwing a big pile of money at you and you got to make bills and pay rent and that's what you do for a living.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna take it.
Speaker 6: Knight's check was small potatoes compared to what Styer paid influencer Carlos Eduardo Espina.
Speaker 1: Second thing, do you support ice? Hell no. The really funny part is him trying to relate to these podcasters and these influencers.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 2: The best way to describe Tom Steyer in this campaign for governor is a term that the kids use.
Speaker 1: Delulu.
Speaker 6: As first reported by The New York Times, a Spina based in Texas, was paid one hundred thousand dollars to promote Stier's campaign to his more than fourteen million followers. Initially, there was no clear disclosure from a Spina that he was being paid.
Speaker 2: You would think you'd yeah, that would get your life is pulled if you are a radio station. None of this is allowed in this profession, but it is the wild wild West in social media. And even if we have laws in California where you have to disclose it, who's enforcing that?
Speaker 8: You would think you would see the potential pr problem coming on this and getting out in front of it. And it's probably just as simple as you know, the influencer saying, Hey, YO, just to be clear, I'm getting paid to do this, but I am taking the money because I really believe in the guy.
Speaker 6: Sire's campaign says they are following all applicable laws and they are compensating creators in part because they see them as small business owners and deserve to be paid for their time and production. The Stier campaign is hardly alone in paying influencers to promote their candidacies, but Stire's seemingly unlimited wealth and reach has added to the scrutiny.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you the amount of ads he's bought, the amount of influencers he's bought, it's a turn for a large portion of the electric because it just reminds everybody that this guy has way too much money.
Speaker 1: And it's not like they have a longstanding relationship with the guy. It's not like they had worked with him in the past and were really impressed with him, and that's why they're getting behind him. I'm sure they'd never heard of the guy until he showed up with a check.
Speaker 6: But Styr's seemingly unlimited wealth and reach has added to the scrutiny.
Speaker 1: Vote for Nithia Rahmen.
Speaker 6: Here's well known actor, writer, and comedian Adam Conover promoting LA mayoral candidate Nithia Ramen. What he doesn't say in the clip is that a company registered to him was paid just over one thousand dollars from the Ramen campaign.
Speaker 1: That's shady. Nithia talk about corrupt politics just buying people to endorse you.
Speaker 6: While makers say influencers new to politics need to brush up on campaign disclosure laws.
Speaker 4: For the folks who are making a thousand bucks or ten thousand bucks or one hundred thousand dollars, you know, at that point, yes, the responsibility is on you as the person entering into that contract.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It makes me question, because Tom Steyer has done a lot of interviews on a lot of different podcasts, how many of them were interviews because it went through the traditional process of he's booked because he's somebody running for office, and how many were paid interviews?
Speaker 1: Okay, think about this, Think about the candidates who have the resources to buy celebrity endorsements, and think about how well those candidates have done. Remember in the last presidential campaign when Kamala Harris went out and bought who was it, Beyonce someone like that where they had a big free concert in Houston and everyone showed up to see the singer do the concert, but it was there was a financial transaction that took place. There was like a million dollars or more that the campaign paid the artist to come show up and perform at the campaign rally. And it's a bad look because that becomes the story. Whatever amount of money you paid the influencer is what's going to be printed in the paper, and that's what people are going to see. And it's a bad look. And she lost. And Tom Steyer, who's buying all the influencers, He's gonna lose, and so is Nitya Ramin.
Speaker 4: To understand what your responsibilities are in California.
Speaker 1: Finding these payments can be tricky.
Speaker 6: The payments are often buried under layers of campaign finance disclosures, and in some cases, the influencers create their own companies, so the payments from the politicians are not paid directly to the influencers.
Speaker 5: Pat Well, I hope they watched a report too. Tom get an education. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Elections are changing right before our eyes. It's AI videos and paid influencer endorsements.
Speaker 1: One hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. And if you want to take a peek at my ballot, I see here that we have a bunch of emails asking for my ballot. You can get that online at KABC dot com, KSFO dot com. It's right there on the front page. And you can see how I'm voting. That doesn't mean you should vote the same way. It's just how I'm gonna fill my ballot out. But you make up your own mind. You're all big boys and girls. All right, Let's go to the phones and welcome Brianbrian.
Speaker 9: Hello, Hey, Hey, John here Randy. Love the show. And I pulled up your ballot John, and uh, it looks good. And I understand the concept of voting for Bianco. I think it makes sound strategy. But why do you think the Republicans didn't get better organized and try and come up with something like, if your name starts with a three AM, you vote for Bianco. If it's end through Z, a vote for Hilton. Some like that, where you give a little more structure to what you're telling your voters to do.
Speaker 1: Well. For whatever reason, a lot of people in the Republican Party are not playing for a Democratic lockout in November. That is not their goal. What they want is they want Steve Hilton on the ballot with a Democrat because they think that if they play for the top two, then there's a chance that they could get locked out themselves and there would be two Democrats on the November ballot, and then that would hurt candidates who are running for Congress or state Assembly or other down ballot races. My point is is this Gopher broke. If you have an opportunity at winning the seat by going for a Democratic lockout, then that's your play. If you're putting a Republican candidate on the November ballot against a Democrat with less than a one percent chance at winning, then you're essentially giving them the seat for another four years. I think the state is currently in a crisis level and we need to do everything we can to block the Democrats from keeping that seat for another four years, even though the legislature would be hostile. You can appoint judges, you can appoint people to the Public Utilities Commission, you can appoint people to parole boards. You could appoint people to fix the nine to one to one system. A lot of good can happen if you have a competent governor, which we haven't had in this state in a very long time. Thank you for the call, Sir,