Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio at the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: And now, here's Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: Tony Romo. He's made tens of millions in his second career after the NFL.
Speaker 5: Where are you coming from?
Speaker 2: The golf course.
Speaker 4: But this on-camera performance near downtown Milwaukee back in July put his future in TV on hold. A strong odor of alcohol. Feet together. a poor execution of field sobriety tests.
Speaker 6: So what am I doing?
Speaker 4: The father of three boys pleaded no contest to charges of driving while intoxicated. This public apology followed. Romo said, multiple back surgeries left me with constant debilitating pain, a dependence on pain medications, and my efforts to get off those medications led to an over-reliance on alcohol.
Speaker 5: Can't drive drunk.
Speaker 3: You just can't.
Speaker 7: No, and you shouldn't, and it's bad, and people get killed because of drunk driving, but the way we treat these things, I don't get it. I mean, if this is his fifth time or whatever, it happens to lots of people. Like, do you just, I'm sorry, we can no longer be friends, Jim, for the rest of our lives, or you can't work here.
Speaker 5: Or whatever over.
Speaker 7: That one, he was golfing with friends and had more to drink than he realized or whatever. I don't want it to not be a crime or anything like that, but we don't cut off. But for celebrities, we have this, they're found to be a child murderer standard.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: We've, as a society, decided on a sanction for this crime, and it does not include necessarily public, like, humiliation. You're going to be embarrassed, but it's not like an orchestrated campaign of humiliation and loss of career.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Show me where that is in the statutes. It isn't there.
Speaker 5: It's interesting.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I tell you what, alcohol is underrated as a painkiller. When I'm dealing with either chronic pain stuff or injuries, that's when I want to drink. Because, man, it's the best painkiller on earth. But it's a bad habit. I don't know if you've heard that.
Speaker 7: So we didn't talk about this, I don't think, at all. A couple of weeks ago, there was a big announcement that two Pennsylvanians had died of the measles. And the portrayal of the story and the roundtable discussions on cable news were all about how, and you know the direction this is going to go.
Speaker 5: RFK Jr.
Speaker 7: because he's anti-vaccine, has caused lots of people to not get vaccines, and now a disease that we mostly had under control like measles is making a comeback. In fact, Josh Shapiro, the governor of the fifth largest state in America, held a press conference to announce two measles deaths. And that's one of the things the free press is on about today is, why is the governor of a big state taking time to announce the deaths? It's a relatively, it's rare. It's both rare and common. What is the right term for that?
Speaker 5: It happens.
Speaker 7: People get measles now and then and die from it and have measles. all through the vaccinated period of measles. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen sometimes. It's not a shocking occurrence if it would happen. It's not the sort of thing your governor goes and has a press conference about. And then the added layer, and you know exactly what's going on here, but the added layer.
Speaker 5: Of this is.
Speaker 7: The CDC has not confirmed these as deaths from measles. The media immediately went to, oh, look, the Trump administration trying to pretend, trying to cover up the fact that they're anti-vaccine. The free press says, looking into this, there's no confirmation whatsoever that.
Speaker 5: These are measles deaths.
Speaker 7: What it looks like to the free press is these are people who died of– it's exactly the COVID thing. They died of other things and had measles. It's like the did you die of COVID or from COVID thing. With COVID. With COVID thing, yeah. Did you die from COVID or with COVID? These people, did they die of measles, the measles, or die with the measles? And it looks like– One of them died with the measles and the other one may not have had measles at all. And it's perfectly legitimate, according to Free Press, who does not have either Trump derangement syndrome or stand up for Trump syndrome at all at the Free Press. It's just saying this is replaying the whole COVID era nonsense.
Speaker 5: The media and the Democrats and the New York Times.
Speaker 7: Tried to make this exhibit a of the anti-vax hysteria of jrfk jr causing people to die from measles and um and then there's a cover-up and it goes back and forth and everything like that that we haven't gotten any better than we were back during the covet era on this.
Speaker 3: Story let me let me give folks a hint folks on the left especially the new york times hey When you try to prove your case with crappy evidence, trumped up evidence, you weaken your case. You don't strengthen it. You weaken it. Try to stop doing that.
Speaker 5: But I know you won't.
Speaker 7: I'm glad you mentioned that. That's one point that this author, I should figure out what their name is and mention it. But that's one of the points they make here in this article is all it does is discredit the whole thing more to where people don't believe either side of it. because it becomes so political so fast, their main point is the governor having a press conference to announce two measles deaths is ridiculous.
Speaker 5: That's not a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, much like when Gavin Newsom makes an ass of himself semi-regularly trying to elevate his national profile, that's what Josh is doing. He was just profiled in the Wall Street Journal today, I think it was, as an example of A persuader in politics who helps people who are undecided see the real story. And he's the opposite of a like a rabble rouser that just fires people up and gets them to the polls. He's an ideas guy. So ironic timing.
Speaker 7: Alec Berenson of the Free Press. Did measles kill two Pennsylvanians or not? And says it's perfectly OK that the CDC. is investigating this further before they declare these measles deaths, because it's very squishy as to whether that's.
Speaker 5: True or not.
Speaker 7: But all the news outlets, including the New York Times with splashy headlines, jumped on it immediately. We are exactly in the same conversation as we were during COVID.
Speaker 3: There are a handful of topics, and this is clearly one of them, where it takes so much work to get past the dishonest brokers. and the ideologues and the evidence twisters, the whole vaccine thing, and people who believe whatever wackadoodle website they favor. It's one of those stories that I've– here's my talent, Jack, my secret talent. I look at a topic and I think, all right, I can guesstimate how much of my life is going to be spent trying to get a handle on this thing. And on that topic, I've just decided, no, no. I'll focus on 50 other things.
Speaker 7: That's probably why it didn't come up on the show when everybody was talking about these measles.
Speaker 5: Deaths as being a.
Speaker 7: Harbinger of things to come in the RFK Jr. health world. Thanks to the free press for looking into it and saying, no, it doesn't even look like it is the measles.
Speaker 3: I got the world's worst memory in 2015. You're not a ton of help on stuff like this because neither one of us have that encyclopedic. Oh, yeah, that was Congressman Jones back in 84. Anyway, Alex Berenson, wasn't he the less famous half of the Jake Tapper book when that came out?
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 5: Different guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was he was the co-writer of something big.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All right. Never mind. Doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: Take your word for it.
Speaker 3: The blind leading the blind, the forgetful. leading the senile whatever's going on here let me do.
Speaker 7: This health note before we take a break and move on to something else people text me about it ask me about it because lots of people are either on glp ones or thinking about getting on a glp one um i have been on zep bound for two and a half weeks i constantly either feel a little nauseous.
Speaker 5: Or a little.
Speaker 7: Full or something i haven't liked the way i felt the entire time just my anecdotal evidence katie you i feel fine but good jack do we have a bm oh we did finally get there yet okay.
Speaker 3: Oh thank like six days i think i've got national nightmares over i think i've.
Speaker 7: Got that nailed down on what i gotta take of this or whatever but i'm so tired i've been going to bed at like 7 30 at night yeah i've been so tired from And I didn't know why. So I chat GPT and can the GLP-1 make you tired? And it says, yeah, that's for whatever percentage of people. It makes you incredibly tired, possibly because you're not taking enough calories.
Speaker 5: And I realized yesterday I took in like a thousand calories.
Speaker 7: If you take in only a thousand calories in a day as a guy who's six foot tall, you're going to be tired.
Speaker 5: You're not you're not taking in enough calories. And also your metabolism is working overload.
Speaker 7: So that's going to exhaust your body from the inside out. So the question, if you're thinking about trying one of these, is do you want to get into the chemistry game of making sure you get there?
Speaker 5: Right amount of fiber so you can have your bm.
Speaker 7: Or do you ever want to you're not tired at the end of the day or whatever i don't know if i want to.
Speaker 5: Do you ever want to bm again.
Speaker 7: Well it'd be nice if i never had to ever but i don't think that's an oh i.
Speaker 3: Would miss it but you know teach their own So we're not in a trade war with Canada, according to Scott Besant, but the words are flying back and forth with savagery across the border. It's really too bad. More on that to come. But first, a word from our friends at Blue Collar Dollar. Financial planning is not just for the suit and tie crowd. We want to introduce you to Blue Collar Dollar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, love this.
Speaker 7: The idea is that you're doing well in life and everything like that, and you want to be in the world of finance, investment, all that.
Speaker 5: Sort of stuff, but you just don't like the crowd that much.
Speaker 7: So we're talking to small business owners, the farmers, all the hardworking people who build this country, but often get ignored by Wall Street. Blue Collar Dollar changes the game, providing high-level retirement strategies for the men and women who.
Speaker 5: Actually do the heavy lifting out there.
Speaker 3: If you're over 55, put aside at least 250 grand for retirement, Blue Collar Dollar has a special offer for you. Pick up your phone right now, dial pound 250 and say the keyword Blue Collar Dollar for your complimentary financial review from a licensed talent advisor. No jargon, none of that sort of stuff that you don't like. Just dial pound 250 with the keyword Blue Collar Dollar. This is a paid endorsement investment advisory services offered through Talent LLC and SEC registered investment advisor. For more additional disclosures, visit bluecollardollar.com paid for by Epic Financial. So the non-war with Canada coming up in a couple of minutes. Let's see. What else do we have that's exciting? Oh, my God. This might be my favorite story of the day. A Ukrainian influencer infiltrated a Russian Zoom meeting about drone production.
Speaker 5: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 3: And, oh, did he dick with them. Sorry for the frank talk. Oh, so good.
Speaker 7: The war with Iran seems to be back on, and we'll talk to Mike Lyons at some point about that.
Speaker 5: So stay here.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 6: We discussed A.I., We discussed global imbalances where the Canadians have been very strong. And we discussed how do we put the trade situation back together. And I think that's going to have to be done at the leader's level.
Speaker 3: Scott Besson there, the U.S. Treasury Secretary, who's now like the de facto half a Secretary of State, half a Secretary of War. He seems to be the lead guy in a handful of things. Talking about the... ongoing talks with Canada over trade and tariffs and the rest of it. I'm not a big fan of what's been happening so far, and neither is the Prime Minister of Canada, who's only the Prime Minister, and the Liberal Party is only in power because Trump messed with them, and they got the chance to show how tough they were. They were about to get swept out and change Canada for the better. But anyway, here's Mark Carney.
Speaker 8: And when the Americans stopped doing memes, stopped throw in shade, stop trying to be tough, and start being serious about having those discussions, we can have those discussions. But it's not constructive, but that's their democracy.
Speaker 3: It's hard to pay attention to the guy unless there's music behind him.
Speaker 8: And when the Americans stop doing memes, stop... thrown shade, stop trying to be tough, and start being serious about having those discussions. We can have those discussions, but it's not constructive.
Speaker 5: That's their democracy.
Speaker 3: I believe the humor there with Trump accompanying him on the recorder, whatever that thing is. So it's like that he's a whiner.
Speaker 5: Is Trump up on the corner of the video playing that instrument?
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Hanson was trying to tell me what he was speaking in riddles. Anyway, so Besant suggested that Prime Minister Carney was to blame for the current political shouting match between the two countries because the keeping the fight alive was good for his poll numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's see. He was asked if his country is in a trade war with Canada, and Besson said, well, I don't think you can be in a tit-for-tat with someone that's 13 times larger than you are. I mean, we're not at war with Canada. How are we going to be at war with Canada? What, are they going to take their two submarines from the Edmonton Mall and sick them on us? Oh, that's not helping.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: That's the throwing shade part. Why are we picking fights with our closest allies? Explain to me how that helps anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Lord.
Speaker 5: I came across this. Trump said this yesterday.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 7: Know if I can find it real quick, but it was about how much money, how much money we'll save by winning this trade war. And most economists don't seem to think that that is accurate.
Speaker 3: Well, he's had like three different pretexts for why we need to hammer Canada. First, it was the laughable fentanyl claim. And then it was something else. And now it's that we have a trade imbalance. That's because we buy their oil because it's good oil for us to refine.
Speaker 5: We don't need their product.
Speaker 7: So if we cut off trade with that country, we just made $ 40 billion. You do a few countries like that and we become a big money machine.
Speaker 5: A number of economists have reacted that saying that's not the way it works.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Carney pulled Canada's negotiating team in late August after the U.S. team introduced, quote, last-minute changes that the government deemed unfair and uneconomic. He is a punk, by the way, Carney. He's a waste of skin. He shouldn't be in office.
Speaker 5: A waste of skin? That's an insult.
Speaker 1: You heard me.
Speaker 3: Ontario Premier Doug Ford and Manitoba Premier Wah Bikinu have both pushed back against Trump, with Ford inviting the U.S. president to, quote, kiss my ass. We remember that one. And Mr. Kinu comparing Trump to an over-the-hill band playing out their last days in a casino, which, as shots go, is a pretty good shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: All right. Yeah. And then Besant said, I think it's very unfortunate that Prime Minister Carney has turned this into a political shouting match. He came to power on an anti-American, anti-Trump agenda. That's true. He was 20 points behind in the polls, and then he started this. No, Trump started it. All right. All right. I'm sick of this. I don't think we're a little tense at the big G20 finance ministers pre-meeting in Asheville, North Carolina. I guess, by the way, pretty, pretty snipey among us and our allies. So I pay.
Speaker 5: Very little attention to the trade wars. I pay a ton of attention to the.
Speaker 3: Actual war wars.
Speaker 5: Russia, Ukraine, us and Iran, hopefully not China and anyone, anybody soon.
Speaker 7: I don't think you were here last week when I was talking about this think tank guy I.
Speaker 5: Was listening to making the.
Speaker 7: Point at people who talk about Iran, Russia, and China as being kind of an axis.
Speaker 5: And then some people say, well, they're not really.
Speaker 7: They are working together more in these wars than Japan and Germany and Italy ever worked together during World War II. That's an interesting way to put it, especially with the news that came out yesterday. Well, you saw the president of Russia sitting down with the president of Iran and Russia saying, we'll do whatever we can to help you. And then a news story broke that they're supplying them with some super fancy missile technology and everything like that. These countries are working together, China, Russia and Iran, in a way that's very troubling.
Speaker 3: And Russia is lashing out at Europe for their military and financial support of Ukraine through these gray zone attacks, cyber attacks, mysterious bombings, that sort of thing. That sort of thing could easily spread.
Speaker 7: And we're going to talk to Mike Lyons a little bit about all this coming up in just a moment.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 9: The United States unleashing a series of airstrikes against southwestern Iran overnight. According to CENTCOM, a variety of IRGC targets were hit, including air defense sites, radar systems, maritime assets, mine laying capabilities, and communication sites. President Trump told Fox News overnight, if they do respond, they'll be hit much harder. This is a very big hit today. If it goes a third time, they're going to be totally wiped out as a country.
Speaker 7: And then you got the... President of Iran sitting down with the president of Russia, Putin, yesterday, sitting together, doing a little news thing. And Putin said, we stand with Iran in support and specifically said that they're going to work very closely with them in trying to beef up their air defense systems.
Speaker 3: Lovely. So we've both got a narrow focus, a series of questions for military analyst Mike Lyons, and we'll go a bit broader. But Mike, how are you, sir? Welcome.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 10: Thanks for having me back.
Speaker 7: What are your first thoughts on the re-engagement with the... kinetic action between.
Speaker 5: Us and Iran?
Speaker 10: Well, it's still not to the level that is really going to matter. It's still, to me, somewhat responding back and forth. I think the attack that we made at that Lark Island was, uh, you know, a target of opportunity, so to speak. It's, it's the main threat of them having this capability to use coastal batteries and close in weapon systems to knock out some of those ships that are going through there. Um, you know, they go after Jordan, we use air defense systems to go back. So I, I'm, I still don't think we're, we're at that point yet where it's, uh, where it's a full on military, um, adventure yet.
Speaker 5: Well, good.
Speaker 7: Um, what did you make of, uh, Putin sitting down with the president of Iran and vowing to help them out with their air defense systems and stand stand by them through this war, through their difficult times.
Speaker 10: That's to be expected. And the Iranians need allies. They're not going to get anything from Iran. russia at this point they've got their hands full continued in uh ukraine with that situation there i um you know the the shaheed drone inventories that we're trying to that you know that the iranians were sending to iran or sending to russia now um are no longer happening um and in fact the ukrainians are hitting some of those supply ships going from ukraine to russia So that's more theater. Vladimir Putin's in big trouble there, and he knows that as Ukraine continues to not only win by not losing, but really attrit most of those Russian forces that are sitting there.
Speaker 3: So you described the current exchange of fire as pretty limited and not terribly significant. To what extent do you think the president's restraint is based on our lack of armaments, that much-jawed-about topic lately?
Speaker 10: Yeah, a lot of conversation about that. And I think you have to look at the analytical framework and how you take that down. There is a clear difference between offensive operations and defensive deterrence. And in most cases, that stockpile had been towards defensive deterrence here. But now, if we decide to go on some much greater offensive operation inside Iran, but I don't think we're going to need to do this, but we're going to need more Patriot missiles, THAAD interceptors, more Tomahawks, more of the canisters that we claim that we're running out of. Now, so there's no question we're probably keeping a lot of that powder dry, which is why you'll not see another epic fury.
Speaker 2: You know, that.
Speaker 10: If we start that kind of operation, that really starts the clock on whether or not how long we can sustain that. Maybe it's 18 months. Maybe it's nine months. No one really knows. Again, if you stay on the defensive side, which is what he's trying to do with the blockade, that just requires far less inventory than anything on the offense. And that's really the issue here. So I don't necessarily I'm concerned about it, but it just depends. It depends on what the mission is going to be.
Speaker 5: Well, were you surprised? It surprised me. And I'm a layman, so I don't have any idea what I'm talking about.
Speaker 7: But I would have thought we were stockpiled to the point that we could get into a big, long war with China if we had to. And it turns out we get into a pretty small war with Iran and hit them for a little bit. We're already dangerously low. Were you surprised by that?
Speaker 10: Well, you know, the thing about it is these weapons systems that we had been inventorying for the past, let's say, 30 years, since the end of the global war on terror there, since You know, they expire and they become dangerous to shoot. And we, for example, we took a lot of old artillery rounds and we sent them to Ukraine. Those DPICM artillery rounds were some things that were 30 and 35 years old. Was I surprised?
Speaker 2: Somewhat.
Speaker 10: I had some information, knew that the Navy probably wasn't ready to fight this conflict in China, which is what the expectation was to be by 2028. And then we did send Patriot missiles to Ukraine and did help them out there. But when you put it on paper, when you look down at it and you think about what's happened and how the war has gone in Iran, it probably took a little bit more out than we thought it was going to take. Now, again, from a context perspective, I still don't think it's enough that we should be completely worried about it. We're ramping up production lines to, what is it, $ 22 billion worth of Tomahawks contracts. It's a long-term answer, and the 21-day emergency production orders are in. So the production lines are wrapping up on this. But from a wholesale perspective, I think we're still going to be okay.
Speaker 3: Talking to military analyst Mike Lyons. Mike, we've talked a little bit about the overlapping of the parties involved in the war in Ukraine and the battle against Iran and China's involvement. Number one, how do you perceive Russia? What shape is Russia in in the war in Ukraine? And two, to what extent do you worry about this metastasizing at some point as, for instance, Putin is taking pot shots at various factories and such in Europe? It's under the cloak of, you know, hired goons or mysterious cyber attacks. But what do you think of that whole topic?
Speaker 10: Well, a couple of things. First of all, Russia still remains a vassal state of China. And you saw China come out and say that they're not going to allow Russia to use nuclear weapons. And so Russia has to be very careful what it's.
Speaker 5: Going to do.
Speaker 10: And the Chinese have somewhat passive-aggressive oversight over what they're doing. Having said that, they operate very well. The Russians operate in the gray area. They operate in that cyberspace and they operate in that little green men. That's what started this whole thing back 2014 into Crimea from the very beginning. You know, that's a place where they're comfortable in. And because they're so attrited on the front lines and the amount of casualties they take is just incredible, they're just not able to do all these things at once. And it's been their problem from the very beginning. They've not been able to combine arms from a military perspective. But but they never they can't seem to get anything really going. So anything that would happen, I think, would be a short term, you know, operation that might do something. But their capability to sustain anything right now is just not realistic.
Speaker 7: So can you you know, you spoke pretty optimistically about Ukraine's chances just a few minutes ago. Can you see Ukraine actually winning this thing, actually driving Russia out of the territory they've taken?
Speaker 10: I'm not sure I see that. I see them, again, winning by not losing, not losing their original border. When you think about, you know, from a military perspective, it's all about that land there. But that area in the Donbass is just so destroyed. And it's so, you know, it's not someplace that people are going to be moving back to anytime soon. So winning means stopping, means potentially like a North Korea, South Korea border. That's all that Ukraine needs to get right now. What then assurance is I was not for Ukraine being in NATO territory. prior to this for many times. We talked about that. I don't think NATO should expand, but in this case, clearly, Ukraine deserves that opportunity to have the U.S. nuclear umbrella and the NATO countries inside of it right now.
Speaker 3: Military analyst Mike Lyons, always enlightening. Mike, thanks so much for the time. Good stuff. Great, guys.
Speaker 10: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 7: That's really interesting. He thinks Ukraine should be part of NATO now. That's a good point. Why would you expend. Any soldiers to try to get back completely destroyed land that's going to be a no-go zone for many years as long as Putin's alive as sort of a barrier. So, yeah, you win by ending the damn thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you read my mind. I think Zelensky and his entire leadership are thinking, look, Putin is intransigent. If we can stop the slaughter for now and agree to an uneasy– where they have ownership of that now completely decimated earth. We'll keep working on it. Keep working on it through means both military and diplomatic in the days ahead. That's probably something like the bargain I would strike. It's just too many people dying for practically nothing at this point. I mean, Putin's clearly just trying to terrorize Ukraine into submission, which will never, ever work. There's zero chance that'll work. Whether you look at the history of this sort of thing or Sebastian Younger just wrote a great piece. He's just spent a bunch of time in Ukraine talking about the will of the people. And oh, my God, that there's zero chance they would capitulate to Russia and say, all right, we'll be a vassal state. You can have our country. Zero.
Speaker 7: Well, they've got generations going back of fighting these kind of wars to try to.
Speaker 3: Have a homeland.
Speaker 5: It's their national identity, really.
Speaker 3: And Russians will be villains for the next 50 generations in Ukraine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they already were. I know some Ukrainians. I had another point I was going to make.
Speaker 7: Oh, I've been thinking this for quite a few years now. Surely this happens someday, doesn't it? Where news breaks that Vladimir Putin was just in a car wreck. Oh, the reports are he's dead. Or somebody shoots him in the back of the head or whatever. How is somebody not taking him out yet? In a kleptocracy oligarchy like that, how are some of the gazillionaires not thinking.
Speaker 5: This is doing me no good. Why is this happening?
Speaker 3: It's the world's most dangerous idea in a system like Putin's because he's acutely aware of what you just said.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: God, imagine what his day-to-day life is like. Probably never sleeps in the same bed twice like Saddam Hussein used to do.
Speaker 3: Oh, so now's the perfect time to tell you about this. So there are 14 Russian officials on this Zoom call talking. They're representatives of Russia's Federation's Ministry of Industry and Trade, specifically making drones for drone warfare, okay? And they're having this 14-man Zoom call. And this guy, ironically named Potemkin, is the chair of the proceedings. And he says, we can say that we have room to improve. And then in the... Language of diplomacy took a bit of a shot about Chinese production of drones, which now is public, too. And I hope that does them some damage anyway. But then a guy pipes up. And he says, yes, colleagues, there is this question. How is it that Ukrainian engineers assemble effective combat capable unmanned aerial vehicles in the space of three weeks in primitive conditions? Yet Russian aviation, with everyone here sitting at this meeting, billions of rubles spent, and all we have is a little packet of certification documents to show to our bosses. And everybody just like looked at each other, those that didn't have their cameras off. And he went on. How is it that the on the one hand, the enemy, Ukraine, is fighting a war. And meanwhile, at the same time, you are just siphoning off money from the state budget. The video shows attendees sitting silently in response to the question. After a brief cause, the chairman Potemkin demanded that Mr. Volnov identify himself. And he said, I am drone tech. But can you explain yourself? I mean, I'm sitting here and all I hear is blah, blah, blah, blah. He was a Ukrainian prankster and influencer and media personality. I just love that. That's awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now all of it's public as well.
Speaker 5: And good questions.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, that should make a lot of your Russian higher-ups wonder about that.
Speaker 5: Let's see.
Speaker 7: We're the big, tough military with all the money, and they are a bunch of guys building drones in garages, and they're beating us at this.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then he said, well, that would take too much explaining, but At least three conference room full of attendees were shown picking up papers and walking off camera rather than staying and answering this Volnov guy's questions. Because for whatever reason, they didn't disconnect him. And so he went on. Y'all are co-conspirators with the regime and you'll be held responsible for its crimes. It doesn't matter what your job is. You know what you're doing and you know that your hand is in the blood of innocent people, children and women. He blasted them as they left the conference. Yeah, love that. Well done, sir.
Speaker 7: Well, here's an important question for you coming up. Have you ever hit your head so far? It's going to be good if I get the words out right. Have you ever hit your head so hard you couldn't have sex? That's what one woman is claiming about her husband who got hit in the head with a hockey puck. Now she can't get any, and she's suing for lots and lots of money.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 7: It's known as loss of consortium. The headline suggests itself.
Speaker 3: It's a rhyme with puck, but not for the air.
Speaker 5: It's kind of an interesting story coming up, among other things. Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 11: A lightning strike was caught on home security cameras last week showing a man walking along a sidewalk in New York City's Staten Island when, there it was, the bolt hit him and he fell to the ground. He got up, looked for help, and then, as he told the local newspaper, he bought a lottery ticket.
Speaker 7: That's an interesting theory. Let's see, I got struck by lightning. I'll bet I'm more likely to win the lottery. I'm not sure that that makes sense. I'm lucky today, as the Wisdom goes, I guess. Speaking of getting struck by things out of nowhere, you've got a woman and her husband suing for millions because this guy got hit in the head with a hockey puck so hard that he can't have sex anymore.
Speaker 5: And his wife is not happy about it.
Speaker 6: Oh, boy.
Speaker 5: This is a Los Angeles hockey star. He's actually.
Speaker 3: From Russia, I think. Anyway.
Speaker 5: Lives in the United States.
Speaker 7: He was playing hockey at LA Kings Valley Ice Center when a puck pierced his helmet. I saw a little of the video and turned it off because it's gruesome. He gets hit in the helmet. The puck actually goes through the helmet somehow and then like lodges in his head and he falls to the ground and blood goes all over the ice and it's a pretty gruesome thing.
Speaker 3: I'm reminded of something you said to me when I bought my first motorcycle many, many years ago. If you have a $ 10 head, buy a $ 10 helmet. He needs to buy better helmets.
Speaker 7: Well, it's the helmet manufacturer that's being sued by his wife, who says she has suffered loss of conjugal fellowship, sexual relations, and companionship. Honey, would you like to have conjugal fellowship tonight?
Speaker 3: Hit by a puck, he can no longer conjually fellowship himself.
Speaker 7: To date, he cannot regularly function, the legal paperwork says. There are intimacy problems. They don't have the same sex life. And she's not happy about it.
Speaker 3: Me neither. Different reasons.
Speaker 7: The lawyer went on to say it's a recognized matter in California that if you lose a sexual partner, that is a loss and you have a right to sue for that.
Speaker 3: That's interesting. I would agree.
Speaker 7: I've known so many couples where there ain't sex happening, but if it, and you know, it's just a, I don't know, loss of interest or getting along or whatever.
Speaker 5: Nobody's suing anybody.
Speaker 7: But if you can blame it on something, then somebody is responsible to the point of millions of dollars because it's so impossible for you to go on with your life of not having sex, even though, like I said, I've known plenty of people who aren't.
Speaker 5: Having much sex just for other reasons.
Speaker 3: Now, I would never make light of this poor fellow's fate, but I know when you're contemplating damages for somebody who can no longer work, you look at their potential earnings across a lifetime. If you are, you know, a rocket scientist for SpaceX and you're making millions of dollars, it's different than a common laborer. Sorry, it just is. How much sex were they having and how good was it? You have to know that to assign a number.
Speaker 7: She's got to testify, hey, my hockey player husband was put in the net like he is a hat trick every week.
Speaker 3: Oh, my God. As the judges say, do you have any home videos? Evidence. Like a. Like, you got any Paris Hilton-style memorabilia, as it were?
Speaker 5: Seems like a little.
Speaker 7: I mean, the helmet, maybe the helmet was defective and the manufacturer's on the hook for the injury or whatever.
Speaker 5: It seems like a bit of a stretch. But anyway, we'll see how it turns out.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of conjugal joy, the 5,000 sailors from the USS Abraham Lincoln have docked in Thailand. Hide your daughters. That and a lot more good stuff next hour. If you can't get next hour, subscribe to the podcast, Armstrong and Getty On Demand. It will auto-download.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.