Speaker 1: And very happy Wednesday to you. At twelve oh seven in the West, it's the John Phillip Show, mister Randy Wings in Culver City.
Speaker 2: Well, Johnny, last night we were sitting in the front row as we witnessed the CBS gubernatorial debate, and John had a direct line of sight with Katie Porter.
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 1: So we get to the theater yesterday and I tell Randy, I want to keep a low profile. I don't want any incidents. I don't want any confrontations. I don't want anything that's going to make the news. So let's just show up, sit wherever they put us, and blend in.
Speaker 4: So what happens.
Speaker 1: We get to the theater, We hand our tickets to the docins, and the docins direct us to the front row, directly in Katie Porter's line of sight.
Speaker 4: I couldn't really believe.
Speaker 1: It at first, but after we sat there for a moment, they never moved us. I thought, all right, this is where we're gonna be.
Speaker 2: Please did not throw her off her game, even if she did recognize who we were, which it's very possible she did not, because this is radio.
Speaker 4: Well, she did stare.
Speaker 1: Us down for a little bit right when she walked out there, but I think that's also just her natural demeanor, So I don't know if she had specific animosity for us or just men in general. Now, we were in the room last night for all ninety minutes of the debate, and it's my first time ever being in a gubernatorial debate in the room.
Speaker 4: Was it your first time, Randy? That was my first time. Okay.
Speaker 1: So we've watched them all on television, and you kind of get a certain idea as to what the candidates are like when you see them on the boob tube. But when you see it in person, you get, I don't know, maybe a different view where you see things that you would otherwise not see just watching on television. And a couple of things from last night jump out at me, Randy, First and foremost, in person, tom Steyer looks much older than he does on television.
Speaker 2: This was maybe the most jarring thing. And there were a few different people we talked to that all had the same takeaway. Tom Steyer walking out in that suit with the sneakers looks so skinny and sickly, looking almost like a for rare level of sickly.
Speaker 1: He looked extremely elderly and extremely frail. And then when you combine in the fact that whenever he talks, his head bobs around like it's a show. Heyo, Tommy bobblehead dull. It made him look nine hundred years old.
Speaker 2: And we're sitting in the front row and there's a monitor right to the right of us, so we can see what's on stage, but you can also see the close ups of the shots that are going over the television airwaves, and it stuck with me. At one point, they're on Tom Steyer and you see his hand and he has all these weird like hashmarks or something. He was drawing things on his hand and it was really odd.
Speaker 1: He looked like he escaped from the nursing home. And then on the opposite side you have Antonio Virigosa, who is actually older than Tom Steyer, and in interviews when he's asked questions, he can get lost and he can meander, and there's a lot of oz and oms and those sorts of things. But on stage, that guy was bouncing around like a kid. And during the commercial breaks he'd come up to the crowd and start working the crowd.
Speaker 2: He'd start shouting out people and when the debate ended, that all the candidates were supposed to be sequestered before they bring them out for question and answers with the media, and Antonio Viragosa runs down into the crowd and starts doing a victory lab. I want to shake everybody's hand.
Speaker 1: And who were the first two people he walked up to us? Now that could very well be because we were the two closest seats to the stairs. A third thing that jumped out at me is that on television, Matt Mahon comes across as being kind of a nerdy tech guy from San Jose. He comes across as being very thin, someone that you would see with an engineering degree hanging on the wall. In person, I thought he was much better looking than he comes across on TV. When we were entering the building and he walked up to us and he was shaking hands with the people who were around us, I had to take a second look because I didn't think that was him at first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looked more dynamic in person than he comes across on the television. But yeah, I got to shake Matt Mayhon's hand, and I don't.
Speaker 1: Know how he makes that translate over the airwaves.
Speaker 4: When he's trying to.
Speaker 1: Get votes, because I think that that is a ding on him. I think there are people who are out there who think that he is one of these tech bros, and a tech bro is not a strong leader, and a strong leader can't be You have to be a strong leader to run the state of California, and if you're one of these nerdy pushovers, you can't have the job.
Speaker 4: So that was Matt Mayhon.
Speaker 1: Katie, on the other hand, who was right in front of us all night long. I don't think she's confirmed this in any interviews. She one hundred percent has to be on OZIMPK.
Speaker 3: Sorry for the noise.
Speaker 4: I'm cutting carrots.
Speaker 2: Because she looks like a half a Kadie. She has lost a lot of weight over the last year. I do remember in an interview she did, she mentioned that she has a peloton and she's enjoying being yelled at by the peloton trainers.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's more than just the peloton. That is pharmaceutical.
Speaker 2: You think she's injecting herself daily.
Speaker 1: I think she is lost, and I'm not saying this to be outrageous. I think she is lost. Between seventy five and one hundred pounds.
Speaker 4: Oh, definitely possible. If you had to ballpark it, where would you put it?
Speaker 2: I would put somewhere around that you look at. Especially what's jarring is people keep going back to the video that went around the world, and that was Katie in twenty twenty one. Completely different face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she looks like a different person. Good for her.
Speaker 2: As someone that has also lost sixty to seventy pounds, I applaud anybody that can lose the weight. Now that being said, the personality was still there because I don't know if the camera caught this. Because there were so many people on stage, you can't see the facial reactions of all the candidates when someone else is talking.
Speaker 4: When someone would speak.
Speaker 1: Who she disagreed with, whether it was Matt Mayhan or Chad Bianco or Stevehilton or Bessera or whomever, she would have the angriest look on her face and it would just be resting right there. And at one moment, and again we didn't see it on TV, so I don't know if it got picked up. She was upset at the bickering that was going on, and she put her head on on the the lect hen in front of her.
Speaker 4: I did see.
Speaker 2: I think in one of the links to the California Post review of the debate, they got that shot. Yeah, if you go to the California Post, they have it. They have Katie Porter were their head down. Now, she didn't do any schmoozing at all with the crowd. Ivirra Gosa did, may had did, some of the others did. She was just up there on stage in the zone. And if she acknowledged anyone in the crowd, I didn't see it. At one point, We're gonna have to ask Hilton about this, But as the debate was starting, she was getting real chummy with Hilton.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's that about.
Speaker 2: Well, Steve Hilton's going to be on this show in about forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to ask.
Speaker 1: And during the breaks, here's another odd couple peering. Chad Bianco would talk to Tom Steyer, that was his buddy. Now, you were correct that Katie Porter and Steve Hilton did speak to one another during a break. I think Mayhan was involved in that conversation. More often than not, she was by herself. She didn't talk to a lot of the other candidates. She spent probably the least amount of time interacting with the other candidates than anyone else on that stage.
Speaker 2: I did notice one thing when they went to the second commercial break, which was after the segment of the debate, which was my favorite segment of the debate, which was Julie Watts doing the solo moderating and holding every candidate to the things that they have said in the interviews that they did with her at the at the end of that segment, Katie Porter went up to Julie Watts and said something. It looked like it was complimentary. I think Katie was trying to play nice with Julie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because that interaction, along with cursing out the staff or sunk her campaign. Well to those voters.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I don't want to keep doing this, so I'm going to call it.
Speaker 6: Thank you. You're not gonna do the interview with.
Speaker 4: Them, Nope, not like this.
Speaker 7: I'm not not with seven follow ups to every single question you ask.
Speaker 2: So she was playing very nice with Julie.
Speaker 4: Oh she was.
Speaker 1: Now, there's been a lot of criticism about CBS News and the moderators of the debate and how they handled it, and I guess a lot of people on Twitter, particularly from the left side of the aisle and the Lincoln Project guys. They are very openly critical of the debate moderators. I haven't seen it on TV, so I don't know how it came off there. I can tell you as someone who was in the room, I kind of enjoyed the fact that they were mixing it up.
Speaker 2: I like that it was the most lively debate we've had of the entire season, and there were a lot of memorable moments a lot of people. Here's the thing that I enjoy. I have seen every single one of these candidate stump speeches. I've seen all of their interviews. I know all of their can't answers, and every single one one of them got thrown off their game and had to think on their feet, and I think that's important.
Speaker 1: When they went to them the first time, it was can Ancer, can Ancer, can Ancer, and then Pat Harvey and the gentleman I forget his name, who is moderating with her for the first portion of it.
Speaker 2: That's Tony Lopez from CBS thirteen in Sacramento.
Speaker 1: Okay, Tony Lopez and Pat Harvey decided, all right, well, we're going to interact with the candidates a little bit, and we're going to try to get them to go one step further in their explanation as to how they feel about a specific issue. Now, if you're interviewing someone and they're giving you the same can answer that everyone has heard five hundred times, and you're trying to get something unique out of them, You're trying to get them to reveal a little bit more.
Speaker 4: That's what you have to do.
Speaker 1: And Pat Harvey, who has taken a lot of slings and arrows right now from people like Mike Murphy and others, she is a class act.
Speaker 4: She is not someone who is nu the game.
Speaker 1: She is not someone who just rolled out of bed and was put on TV. She's been doing the news since you and I were kids, Randy.
Speaker 2: She has been on Channel nine and then Channel two, I'm pretty sure my entire life. She is a legend down here in southern California. And she was being very respectful as pretty much every candidate wanted to talk over her and not listen when she said we're moving on, which is why when they got to the Julie Watts part of it, she started to think, saying, I will cut off your mic.
Speaker 4: Well and Julie Watts was magnificent.
Speaker 2: I know I'm a fanboy, but I really really enjoyed watching her moderate that every single candidate was caught off guard because what it ended up being was follow up questions to questions that she had already asked them in that interview series from earlier this year, and every single one of them got thrown off with it. And she told them to stop bringing up Trump's name too, because the subject matter that she was talking about was very, very specific to the state of California, things like insurance, those sorts of things which Donald Trump has nothing to do with. And a lot of the lefties on Twitter didn't like that. She did something kind of brilliant and she talked about it when you talked to her on the show on Monday. Is that she mentioned how many times in her interview series with all the candidates that word was brought up, and it was over a thousand and when you pointed out like that, I'm pretty sure the rest of the debate the word wasn't mentioned again.
Speaker 1: Now, in terms of who won who lost the debate, I have essentially three notes, and we're gonna have Steve Hilton, who is a Republican candidate for governor on the program later on, and I'm sure he has plenty of thoughts on last night's debate, and we'll get those thoughts from him later today. But note number one is that Matt Mahan had another strong performance. And it's odd that this guy from San Jose continues to go out there and put in a yeoman's effort over and over and over again, but none of it seems to translate in the polls. He may move up a point or two, I have yet to see a poll that shows him in the top two, let alone the top three. I think part of his problem is he's going after voters that don't exist, which are Democratic voters who don't like Trump at the federal level but are extremely critical of the government services that the Democrats are providing in the state of California. I just don't think many of those people exist. So he can go out there and he can put in great effort after great effort after great effort. If there's no fish in the pond that he has his poll in, that's going to be a big problem for him as we.
Speaker 4: Get closer to election day.
Speaker 1: Point number two is that the two leading Democrats in the race I thought had a poor performance. Javier Bacheria and Tom Steyer. These are two guys who are helping to put in a performance that will cause them to pull away from the other, that will cause them to be looked at as being the leader in the race and not someone who's bunched up with a bunch of other candidates. I didn't see anything spectacular from either one of them. Stier kind of just blended in with the background. There wasn't any notable exchange that he had with anyone to my eye, with the possible exception of Katie Porter calling him out on investing in oil companies, and that happened very late in the debate, and he was kind of a deer in the headlights after she did that. Xavier Bacheria seemed to get confused yet again, which is what he did in the last debate. This time he kept saying that he wanted to do something that was illegal, and the moderator, Julie Watts called him out on that. I believe one or both Republicans called him out on that, and so did Katie Porter, whose day job before she became a politician was as a law professor at UCI.
Speaker 4: So he looked confused.
Speaker 1: And he looked like a guy who was not a leader of the pack. The third thing that jumped out at me after last night's performance is that Chad Bianco clearly is aware that Steve Hilton is starting to pull away from him in the polls. Steve Hilton, of course, was endorsed by Donald Trump, and that's going to cause a lot of Republican voters to get behind him and his campaign. That's a problem for Chad Bianco. So Chad Bionco last night was thrown out partisan red meat. At every opportunity. He would blame all the Democrats on the stage for the failures of the state of California because of one party rule, and he never missed an opportunity to do that. He also went after the debate moderators. There were a couple of extras ages were I don't think that they went to him for comment on whatever subject it was that they were debating, and he let them know that he expected to have equal time, and he was certainly combative with the moderators. He was combative with the other candidates on stage. And we'll see if any of that translates with support among Republican voters. That's what I saw last night. Many of you watched it on television, maybe you streamed it on your computer, maybe you heard the audio.
Speaker 4: On the radio somewhere.
Speaker 1: I'm curious to hear what you thought of last night's debate.
Speaker 4: Who did well? Who did poorly? What say you?
Speaker 1: At eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two eight hundred two two two five two two two. He is a telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny Don't Like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny Don't Like show at gmail dot com.
Speaker 4: And Randy.
Speaker 1: If you missed yesterday's show and you want to go back and hear our preview of the debate to figure out if our predictions were right or our predictions were wrong, that's easy to do.
Speaker 2: It was our pre debate special broadcasting live from an undisclosed location and beautiful Claremont, and it was a heck of a lot of fun. Search for the John Phillips Show wherever you get your podcast, whether that's the Apple podcast app, iHeart Spotify. Search for the John Phillip Show, hit subscribe you get download all the episodes. You can do a Google on the YouTube, get the KABC app or the KSFO app. You can get the KMJ now app because we're on that station Saturdays at noon. And not only did we talk about the debate, but John interviewed Seneca Scott talking all things Oakland. We had an update from the City of Dumpy, and we had a liver update from Dana Williamson.
Speaker 1: All right, it's your turn, way in on what you thought of last night scubatorial debate at eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two. Let's begin with Thomas and San Jose. Thomas, Hello, Hi.
Speaker 7: John, Randy and Crewe. Thank you for taking my call. I think I decided to step away from personal opinions living in Santal today pretty much my entire adult life. And I went to the statistics board and listening to the debate last night because it's important to me because my mayor, Matt, I call him Matt m At like a Matt that you step on Mayhem, m A h G. M. And I, guys, I was the one that I'm gonna tell you right now. I was the guy that started newscomb back when he was just mayor San Francisco, and it went all the way up to President Trump. I'm very proud of that. But you know what, I don't need it. I don't have a pedestal to talk on except for this one, of course. Thank you. Anyway, get to the statistics. I listened to Matt Bragg repeatedly on his commercials and last night about how he is bought the city of St to be one of the safest cities in US. And if you consider the statistics that I look up the crimegrade dot org reports that we get to see grade, it indicates that the rate of violent crime is slightly higher than that of the average US city. San Jose ranks in the thirty four percentile for safety. And then you talked about the homelessness, which is another problem that I have that I see everywhere, and he said that he has made it significantly better, and I literally looked that up too. Does Santals have a homeless problem? AI overview, Yes, Santose has a significant homelessness issue. As of early twenty twenty five, there are over six thousand, five hundred homeless residents with roughly sixty percent that's nearly four thousand people living unsheltered in encampments. While the city has reduced the number of unsheltered people by roughly twenty three percent since twenty nine, which he was not really part of through investments in interim housing. We paid for that, it remains one of the cities with the highest homeless populations in the US. So again, they're politicians people. I think we need to get together and steer away from let's pick the lesser of all evils and try to get somebody in there that is not as we say FOS. I think this guy is just trying to fast track himself, and he's got supporters, including the fake news and the statistics people that are going to put out these statistics that they're going to leave critical things out of these statistics so they can say, oh, yeah, it's the safest one of the safest largest cities. The way they word things, the way they play with the words.
Speaker 2: Well, and to that point, Thomas, that thing that you're talking about that mayhon always say that we have this study that shows that we are the safest big city in America. I remember when he touted that and we covered it because I looked up that staf and it does very specific things to pick out the numbers. And here's how you know that study is full of crap because it said, yes, San Jose is the safest big city in America, and then it said LA is number two.
Speaker 5: This is why I love you guys. You guys were enough send to people like me, and there's a lot of people like me out here. We just don't have a voice, and you guys have become our voice. I love you guys like brothers.
Speaker 7: I appreciate everything you do and I will support you in any way that I can. And I can send any statistics anywhere you want. If you guys want me to swing it over to like your ex Twitter, I can set it up there. I do send stuff to you. By the way, John, I don't know if you get it. I won't tell people mine. Look, I'm not actually getting credit. I don't tell people might handle because I don't need to get credit. I just share this stuff because like the new stunt thing that I was doing when he was destroying San Francisco, it caught on eventually because I just kept sending it. So I want to thank you, and I want to thank that people out there that are helping us try to get this stuff under control. Thank you guys so much, and thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks for the call, Sir Randy.
Speaker 1: Maybe next year in that survey, Oakland will be raided the safest big city in America because occasionally, when the crooks are robbing a seven eleven, they shoot and miss a lot of crime.
Speaker 2: Now I got to look. I got to see if I can find that study again. It was from quite a while ago, but I wonder where Oakland ranks on there. But that's how I understand why he says it, because he can point to that and say, look at this, and yes, San Jose is a safer city than a lot of the big cities in California, specifically La, Oakland, San Francisco. But if a study says that LA is the number two safest big city, you know their methodology makes no sense.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Jim in the Bay Area. Jim, Hello, Hey, how you guys doing today.
Speaker 8: My take on it last night, the biggest losers were the moderators. Now I didn't get to see them all yet because I taped it, but the first three, especially the first two, they couldn't control them. They just let them talk over them talk over each other. And if we didn't get any answers in the first segment and the second segment. I listened to that woman on your show the other day and I thought it was going to be pretty good, but she spent more time explaining her process than getting any commitment or answers out of the candidates.
Speaker 9: And one more thing, if we don't I've watched the last two debates, and if another Democrat gets elected, which I was a Democrat in California, I changed when Hillary Clinton was running pure evil.
Speaker 8: But if we don't get something different in this state, we're in big trouble.
Speaker 9: That's what I got to say about the whole situation.
Speaker 1: From your lips to God's ears, Let's go to Larry and Oxnard.
Speaker 3: Larry, Hello, Hi, God grace you guys, and God bless Julie Watson. If for anything getting you two in there. I thought Hilton was consistently good. Didn't have, you know, long long segments in the area when he was talking, but I liked his on the homeless issue. He can balance the compassion with you know, toughness, go following the law. You can have all a man it's amount of homeless in one area for instance, I think Bianco, you know, had he had moments. But on the fire thing, he definitely was wrong about how the question was asked. They were asking what happened if there was a fire right there? But I like his preventive measures and it was interesting that Hilton didn't criticize him unlike pass debates like the BLM kneeling issue and all that. And that goes to what you think John, Maybe you can ask Hilton this too. Do you still, John, still think that that's the best thing to vote for Bianco even though you want Hilton to win, to get the top two? Would that end up? Is there a chance that could risk hurting Hilton getting into the top two bec draw votes away from him? Or do you think the Trump endorsement is good enough? And maybe that's something you could ask Hilton what he would you know what he thinks of your strategy with that?
Speaker 1: Well, as we get closer to the election, As we get closer to the ballots going out, I'm going to provide more expansive explanation as to how I intend on voting, but the reader's digest version is that I will be voting for whichever Republican is polling second. Given the fact that Hilton was endorsed by Trump, I think it is highly likely that that candidate will be Chad Bianco, even though I personally prefer Hilton to Bianco. When you look at the field of candidates and you look at the odds of a Republican winning the governor seat, if you have a Democrat versus a Republican, the odds of a Republican winning that seat are less than one percent. It's like getting a royal flush when you're playing video poker. If you play for two Republicans on the November ballad, you're still playing against the odds. It is still more likely that you're going to get a Democrat versus a Republican, or a Democrat versus a Democrat that a Republican versus a Republican. But that being said, there are models out there that Paul Mitch has created. He's the guy that drew the lines for Prop fifty. He's very smart when it comes to statistics regarding voters and voting patterns in California. He has given us given Republicans at least, I guess. I think the high water mark was like a thirty percent chance of having a lockout, a Democratic lockout on the November ballot. So you can play for one of two things as a Republican voter. You can play for an opportunity where you have a one percent chance of winning, or you can play for an opportunity where you have up to a thirty percent chance of winning. Thirty percent means it's still likely that you lose seventy percent of the time you are going to lose, but thirty percent is better than one percent. And because of that, I'm going to play for a Republican on Republican matchup in November because that is the only way I see a Republican winning in this state. And because of that, that's how I'm going to cast my vote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it sounds and I'm glad you restated it. And the first time I heard I thought it was good advice. It'll be interesting to seat plays out. But I think Jolton might be might have heard what you said because he didn't criticize bianco as before, so I thought that was interesting. I would have liked to hear the candidates talk a little bit more, the moderators a little bit less, just on that issue as well, but appreciate the time that.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for the call, sir. Let's go to Chris in San Francisco. Chris, Hello, Hey, John.
Speaker 6: I just want to get your opinion. Being a political science major, did do you think Trump endorsing Hilton before more the debates are over hurts them in any way because a lot of the other candidates are using it as a lightning rod against him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it helps him in the primary. I think it hurts him in the general, and I think it hurts our chances at getting two Republicans on the November ballot. For Republicans to get two Republicans on the November ballot, Republican voters need to split their vote as close to fifty to fifty as possible. You don't want one to do significantly better than the other. You want them to come to a draw. If they split the vote fifty to fifty, that's your best shot at getting two Republicans on the November ballot. Trump endorsing Hilton makes that more difficult to do. It's still possible to do but it's just harder to do than it was before the endorsement came down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm kind of wishing Trump had endorsed Stier as a fellow billionaire.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the call, sir. Let's go to Mike and Lakewood.
Speaker 10: Mikelow Hi, John, Hi, Randy. I think Pat Harvey did a great job. The guy that was her sidekick, I thought was kind of gave the appearance of being a phony.
Speaker 2: And well he's like Market thirteen as opposed to Market one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 10: And then Julie Watts was outstanding, although cut the candidates off quite a bit, and sometimes that was a little bit disturbing, but I understand why because they get off track and she was good at reeling them back in. I am thinking along the same lines as you, John, that I want Hilton to win, and in order for that to hopefully happen, my wife and I both are going to vote for Chad beyond Goo and uh in the in the primary, and and so hopefully that'll happen.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 10: A couple observations I think, uh uh, I don't know how anybody would vote for Styre. I mean, the guy's wearing tennis shoes and and and a suit.
Speaker 3: Not a good look.
Speaker 8: But uh uh.
Speaker 10: The other thing was I think via Via Regosa, I don't even know why he's up there in the first place. He sounded completely rehearsed and canned answers, and I'm not sure why he was even there. But anyway, those are my my observations, and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you for the call. Shared. Let's go to David Whittier. Dave, welcome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought, uh the moderators were bad.
Speaker 8: I really didn't get it. Not uh, I he didn't more from these candidates.
Speaker 7: If I had a pick a dark horse, you know, I was leaving.
Speaker 8: But Sarah, but I like Mayhan.
Speaker 3: I really liked this young man.
Speaker 7: I think he's got the right stuff.
Speaker 1: So last night was enough for you to consider at least changing your vote from Besara to Mayheon.
Speaker 8: Correct. Yes, yes, and I'll just leave it at that. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for the call, sir. Let's go to Chris in Long Beach. Chris.
Speaker 11: Hello, Hi, I'm a Chad Bianco supporter and I just want to you guys were talking about how the those candidates their appearance while I think his accent, he's going to lose a lot of voices. It's kind of aloof. And in this climate, do you think anyone's really going to vote for somebody with the last name Hilton here in California?
Speaker 4: Well, do you think they're Marriotte partisans?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 11: It just comes off as wealth and privilege and Bianco is the only one who knows how to handle crime and gangs and homeless and that's the number one issue. You guys spend half your show on it some days. And then also Mayhan. I mean, he reminds me of a younger Newsome with a stubble beard. And again I was just really, I'm really impressed with Bianco. You know, he runs a huge county, so he could easily translate that into the state of California. And he looked he looks like h you know, Kurt Russell. So it's like, you know, he looks like a bad he looks.
Speaker 4: Like Kurt Russell if he was pissed off all the time.
Speaker 11: Yeah, who need I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I liked his I liked his fire last night because he didn't he didn't seem to worry about upsetting the Apple card, where you have a lot of people on that stage who agree with one another on so many of the subjects. He and Hilton disagreed on many of them, but he absolutely, to borrow a phrase from Shang Tao, didn't hesitate to go ahead and throw down with one of the primarily Tony Thurman. It was Tony Thurman, who was right next to him, who he got into it with on any number of occasions, and he seemed more than happy to mix it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I mean again, let's hope for the fifty to fifty split, like you said, and then maybe we'll get to him to be governor.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you for the call, sir. Let's go to Rob in San Jose. Rob. Hello.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't know if I want the vacuum in San Jose to be, you know, open for to get some kind of somebody who's not as stable as May and he's kind of a Dino. And it really is about the math when you look at what Hilton or Bianco wanted to do is get you know, rid of some of these energy regulations as parts their plan, and instead of a million dollars per key for the homeless, they want to get it down to maybe five hundred thousand, which is definitely you know, going to go against the union and pre invested interest in this housing preferred housing. Uh uh, you know they'll dis lobby here, but uh right, I definitely want the uh you know, to either have Bianco and and uh or Hilton. And I don't know why anybody would think the last name Hilton unless you're just the guy comes from normal upbringing.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, he's not part of the family that owns the hotels, so we should definitely make it a point to clarify that. And he's going to be with us coming up during the Fixed California Hour. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is a telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com. Coming up in moments, it's the Fixed California Hour. Steve Hilton, candidate for Ovenor joins us. Don't you go Anywhere