Speaker 1: The city Council might only give you sixty seconds to where your grievance is.
Speaker 2: Oh hi, i'd like to start go to the first caller on the phone.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're lucky, now we're giving you a full sixty minutes. It's a KABC News Blitz with Randy Wang and our long recap of the day's top local stories on your drive home. And unlike the City Council, we're the perfect vehicle to actually get your voice heard. The KABC News Blitz with Randy Wang starts no, no, No.
Speaker 3: It is the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk Radio seven ninety KABC. This is your daily rundown of everything you need to know that's going on in southern California as well as the Bay Area, Sacramento, San Diego, and the Central Valley.
Speaker 2: I carry a list every.
Speaker 3: Single morning of all the stories that I found that I found interesting that you may have missed at Randywangradio dot substack dot com. And we have made it even easier to find all of our video content. Just go to Johnny don't Like dot com or Randy Wangradio dot com. It sends you to the exact same YouTube channel. And we announced our brand new soundboard, cashier is dummy dot com, where you can play all the silly sound drops that you hear on this radio station for free. Cashier is dummy dot com. Let's start with this ridiculous story in downtown LA near the Orphium Theater, which I think I've been to the Orpheum Theater once and it was for a cat convention.
Speaker 2: I'm not totally sure why I went.
Speaker 3: I think I went just to because this is when I was hosting a podcast and I would just do things, just say that I did stuff on the weekend. So my weekend recap episodes weren't just well, I played a lot of Xbox three sixty and complained how I didn't have a date, although I'm sure a lot of my own podcast episodes were that. But CBSLA captured quite a wild scene outside of the Orphium Theater, and this is something that you see not just at the Orphium, but something that you see at so many different venues in Los Angeles where even though there's supposed to be different rules, there's supposed to be different regulations for things that you're not really supposed to be doing out in the open. Well, people seem to not care, and they actually get offended if you complain about it.
Speaker 2: What was the scene out there?
Speaker 3: People standing outside the Orpheum Theater for whatever concert was going on inhaling big old balloons.
Speaker 2: That's right, whippets.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if you have seen this, or maybe you didn't even know what was going on. About about a year and a half ago, I went to one of the best concert I've ever been to in my life, the Willie Nelson ninetieth Birthday celebration at the Hollywood Bowl. Might have been over two years ago now. We went both nights. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. But I always have this memory sticking out in me going to the Hollywood Bowl for that event because as we were walking down Highland because I think one of the nights we parked at Hollywood and Highland and then took the shuttle because the first time we parked on Ventura Boulevard and took the shuttle, and the shuttle took so long it got stuck in traffic. It was trying to make that left turn on Kowanga and it just was not happening. So we're like, all right, let's try Hollywood and Highland, maybe that will be better. Of course, the thing with Hollywood and Highland is you can take the shuttle, but you can also just hoof it down there. And I remember seeing all of these guys. Of course, you have your hot dog cart, and I'm sure in some of those hot dog carts someone's selling a beer even though they're not supposed to, because they're really not supposed to be selling the hot dogs either, but nobody stops that.
Speaker 2: But I saw all of these people.
Speaker 3: Selling big clear balloons, you know, not like mylar balloons for somebody's birthday, but big clear balloons.
Speaker 2: Like what is that?
Speaker 3: And then when I realized what that was, I was like, wow, So we've come to this and it's happening out and open in front of all kinds of different concert halls. Some people like to get a little drink gone before the show. Some people like to get a little smoke gone before the show. Hey, and I'm not knocking it. I was one of those people that thought it would be really cool to bring a joint to the Hollywood Bowl and smoke that joint while I was seeing earth wind and fire fireworks. In fact, you know what, I also remember, I remember going to the Greek Theater and going to see Steely Dan in twenty fourteen, and let's just say you didn't need to bring anything, because if you were going to see Steely Dan at the Greek Theater in twenty fourteen, there were joints getting passed around from every which direction. But I don't know, maybe I'm just a prude.
Speaker 2: There seems to be.
Speaker 3: A slight difference from the people that are drinking wine, beer or spirits, the people smoking pot, and the people inhaling nitrous oxide before they go to a show. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. Maybe I just don't understand it. But it's something by the way that while pot is legal and drinking is legal, although openly drinking in the middle of the street isn't. Nitrous oxide use outside of medical use, like if you're at the dentist is not legal, and yet it doesn't stop anybody from doing it, because when the CBSLA camera is pulled up on this scene of people just inhaling nos balloons outside of the Orpheum Theater, they got threatened by those people who then decided, you know what, let's go do the live shot a mile away, and law enforcement, where are they with this. I mean, I know it's a low priority thing, but when you have no enforcement, that means that everything is to fact illegal. Now let's move on to just kind of a sign of the times. Look, things are expensive. If you live in a big city like Los Angeles, and things are only getting more expensive, housing costs only go up in one direction, and if your income is not also going up in that same direction at the same rate, it might be time for you to realize that there is.
Speaker 2: Value in taking some.
Speaker 3: Of the space that you have, cutting it in half, getting a little roommate. And currently there's a new trend in getting roommates. It's something called speed roommting, where you go to an event like you're going to a speed dating event for singles, but you're not there to hook up, although you know some guys are doing that. You know, some guys are going to these things thinking that yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm looking for a roommate, but really they're trying to pick up on somebody because young guys are stupid. I know, I was a young guy and I was stupid. But it's kind of a cool idea where the whole process of you know, putting out an ad going down apartments dot com. I don't know craigslist. I mean asking a friend of a friend. You go to an event with a whole bunch of like minded individuals who all are looking for someone to have a place to live, and you quickly realize in fifteen minutes, can you vibe with this person? Can you not vibe this person? And I think that's really great. I think that is smart. And you know, as things do get more expensive, if you can deal with living somebody, that's a huge deal.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Look, I have lived alone, I have lived with roommates, I have lived with my spouse.
Speaker 2: I know there are.
Speaker 3: Pros and cons to all of these things, and whether it's a good roommate or not really tells you everything you need to know. But the thing it's funny is even when they are the best roommate, there's still some things about living alone that are just that are just so special that everyone needs to do it once, but don't do it for that long because when you live alone. For as long as I lived alone, and I meant alone alone, I mean I had people that would come over because I was almost on a podcast out of my studio apartment, but I didn't have any pets, I wasn't really dating anybody, and uh, I would get real stoned by myself and do nothing but eat and feel sorry for myself. Then I got a cat, and uh out magically, It's like I opened all the world into my life. And just a couple months later, I met my girlfriend, who then became my wife. So but you know, in the times where I even was living with my wife, we had roommates, and I've had really good roommates, and I've had roommates from hell. Even in the best of situations, there's tiny little things that will always irritate you. And unlike a spouse, you cannot solve these situations with sex. You have to have the uncomfortable conversations or you just ignore it because it's not worth having the conversation. Like I was living, we had somebody staying with us very recently for a few months because you know, we're nice like that, and we have the extra bedroom and the tiny little is little thing we get on my nerves. But I was never enough of a thing where I wanted to bring it up, because well, I'm not confrontational and I don't want things to be awkward. But It would bother me when I would put my keys on my key ring and the person that was living with us would put their keys on my key ring right on top of my keys. Too small to care about, but it was like, what's that about. Also, this person would not fill up the britta. They would drink from the britta, but they would not.
Speaker 2: Fill the brita.
Speaker 3: These are very small complaints, and I never really said anything because I felt like I have it good.
Speaker 2: I know it. Having a roommate from hell is like.
Speaker 3: At one point I was living with somebody who, well, you couldn't keep booze in the house because they would drink it. If you get wine, they wouldn't take that, but if you had any spirits in the house, they'd be gone. At the time, I was a pot smoker and I was trying to cut down and this person liked to go at my stash all the time. And one time I kind of got sick of it, and so I hid my stash and said, oh, I'm not doing that anymore, and I got revenged upon. This person that I was living with got so mad at me for hiding my pot from her.
Speaker 2: This is a true story.
Speaker 3: They unplugged my stand up outdoor pool that I had that summer. Unplugged it, so the filter stopped working, and all of a sudden, about a day and a half later, without me realizing it, my pool that I had loved all summer long had turned green, and there was no amount of shock treatment that could have made that any better. I ended up having to get rid of the pool, and well, a few months later we decided to change that living situation.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's funny.
Speaker 3: I think about it all the time about how we have extra space here and we should be It's nice to have a guest room. I'm using up my guest room this week, my sister in law staying with me. But for the most part, it's like we have an extra room that we almost never use and we should be using it because, you know.
Speaker 2: We could.
Speaker 3: You know, sure, we can make a little money off of it, but also it would give somebody a place to live that's decent, and we wouldn't charge that much.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Part of me.
Speaker 3: Loves just me and my wife and our pets, but there are some benefits to having a roommate or a shared living situation and pets being one of them. You know, when we lived with roommates, including that roommate from Hell, there were positives. We could go on vacation and we could leave the dogs there, and we trusted that person with that. So there are benefits. You know, when we had this person staying with us for six months, I didn't have to bug my neighbors to watch my cat because the person staying in the other room could watch the cat. So there are some benefits. But I like the idea of the speed roommting. You have to find your match. It's only going to get more expensive to live here, so and you know what's funny is the biggest growing demographic of people looking for roommates are seniors, are older people, and I understand that, especially if you're on a fixed income and you don't want to leave. Maybe your family still here and they don't want to put you up and they don't want to do a granny flat. Maybe getting a roommate is the right thing to do, and if you're a certain age, you probably feel like you can trust the person a little more. I don't know, could also have a real odd couple situation going on. It's the news blitz with Randy Wang on talk radio seven ninety KABC. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk radio seven ninety KABC. It is getting a lot more expensive to be a small business owner in the state of California, and that is because medical insurance costs are increasing, not just for the payer, but also for the employer because that's how our system works. Employers have to pay into this system, which I hate that. It really the the I can't stand our current system. I don't know if there is a better way, but I hate that your healthcare is tied to your employment, unless, of course, your destitute and then you qualify for the best healthcare medical It's just our system doesn't make a whole lot of sense. And part of the reason that the rates are going up is because Gavin Newsom has passed on new increases too. What employers are paying and it's already so difficult to operate a small business in the state of California. And you look at how much we have to pay, or you have to pay. I'm not a small business owner, I'm a employee and I guess a content creator whatever that means. But you have to pay so much in payroll taxes. It increased amount in payroll taxes because the state of California still hasn't paid back the federal government for the loan they took out for unemployment money that went out the window to fraud. But our healthcare system is so expensive and the coverage that people get. I know people who have employer based healthcare where they're so afraid to use it, to even go for a checkup because they don't know what anything is going to cost. Even if there's medication that they need, they don't want it. They don't feel like they know it will cost, so they're afraid to do it. I think that I'm supposed to have pretty good health care where I have low premiums with my union health care, but it's not great.
Speaker 2: I used to be.
Speaker 3: When I'd go to get a physical, I would pay the twenty dollars Copey or I think when I first got SAG after insurance, I didn't pay any Copey and then all right, I got my physical.
Speaker 2: Now when I get a physical, I.
Speaker 3: Get nickel and dime for every single blood test, every single one, I get some twelve dollars charge from some company called lab Corp.
Speaker 2: And if you're an updateate on those.
Speaker 3: They will send you the most amount of mail you have ever seen to get ten dollars out of somebody when it's like, send me an email. So I don't love it, but gosh, we just make it harder and harder and harder. And for the employee too, our system sucks, you know. I remember being a part time employee when I was working at a different radio station, KAFIVE. I was a part time employee right around the time that the Affordable Care Act passed. And look, there are some very good things about the Affordable Care Act. There are some very dumb things about the Affordable Care Act. But one of the things that personally screwed me over. Now, I was somebody that was paying my own health care because I thought Kaiser was better than whatever planned clear Channel was going to give out. And I think I was paying like two hundred dollars a month or something. Well, the Affordable Care Act passes, and it says that any employee working more than twenty hours a week, you have to provide them healthcare. And this was true for a lot of employers, whether it's small businesses that just can't afford it or very greedy corporations like the one I used to work for. They just decided, all right, nobody's working more than twenty hours a week, so now you're going to make three hundred dollars a week. Great, and two hundred dollars a month that that's going to go to healthcare.
Speaker 2: Great. And I still didn't make it.
Speaker 3: I still made too much money to qualify for food stamps, which if I had that, that would have been six hundred dollars a month that could have spent on McDonald's.
Speaker 2: But no, didn't qualify for that either.
Speaker 3: It's just our whole system is a mess, and I don't think it's getting any better any time soon. Hey, I've got something exciting for you. Let's get this out of the way right now. Seven ninety KABC welcomes. Oh, it's a big one. Get ready The Gypsy Kings featuring Nicholas Reyes at the Greek Theater on August seventh, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Now, that's gonna be a great show. Can I call in for that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm allowed to.
Speaker 3: If you're an employee of the company, you can't win the contest. Tickets are on sale now at ticketmaster dot com, but right now, caller number nine at one eight eight eight seven ninety five two two two gets a pair of tickets to the show. Tickets furnished by Nita Lander Concerts. Good luck dialing. You know, we're doing this show for you every single day, but if you ever miss part of the show, we podcast and if you want to watch what we're doing, I post video of every single show that we do here with the Newsplitz. And of course we have so much video content for you that you can watch on our YouTube channel, which I bought a domain so it's easier for everyone to find. You can just go to Johnny don't Like dot com or Randy Wang Radio dot com. Either one will be fine, and you go right there. You can see all the clips that we have from the noon to three show, the full live stream, and I put video of every.
Speaker 2: Single one of these shows.
Speaker 3: And so in case you want to see me delivering the news right to you, it's like we're at.
Speaker 2: A speed dating situation. You can enjoy that.
Speaker 3: It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk Radio seven ninety KABC. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk Radio seven ninety KABC. This is your daily rundown of everything you need to know that's going on in southern California as well as the Bay Area, Sacramento, San Diego, and the Central Valley. Check out my list that I put together every single day at Randywangradio dot substack dot com and check out all our video content at Randywangradio dot com or Johnny don't like dot com. I bought both domain names and they go to the exact same place. Our next guests are trying to raise the alarm potentially very dangerous development going on in the Woodland Hills area in the Santa Monica Mountains. There are two volunteers from the Woodland Hills Neighborhood Collective. I'd like to welcome to the show Alison Charle Lambis and Matt Heise. Let me just put you both on here. Allison and Matt, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, thanks so much for having us on.
Speaker 3: Why don't you go ahead and tell us about the situation that's going on here and what are your big concerns, like give an overview for anyone that doesn't know about this situation.
Speaker 4: Definitely already this development really should scare anyone who lives in a fire zone, not just us. A developer is applying to put three hundred and ninety eight high density condo units on the Wooden Hills country Club golf course, which is inside a canyon in the Santa Monica Mountains. Right now, it's ninety acres of brush in a very high fire severity zone. We were evacuated from the Pali States fire and homeowners here can't even get fire insurance. The developers are not asking permission. They're using new state law AB twenty eleven and others to make ministerial or to get ministerial approval for this project, which means no environmental review, no fire department input, no hearing, not even the city council can weigh in. And I'm happy to get into the details of how they did it because this really affects neighborhoods all over Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, please do, because you know, with all of the reforms that we've made over the years, you would think that, especially when you're building in a fire zone, that's exactly when you would want an environmental review or to use the California Environmental Quality X. So, how exactly did this developer skirt all of that.
Speaker 4: You would think that that would all be included in the law, but there's loopholes and these developers know them. In this case, AB twenty eleven says that you can build on any commercial corridor. Now, this isn't a commercial corridor. It's a golf course in the mountains, but it is agriculture land zoned as open space. And according to LA Planning Code, you can park a car on agricultural land if you have a permit, and parking counts as commercial. So the whole golf course is now a commercial corridor and the entire development can get approved by right. There's been so many additions to these laws to make more and more areas considered commercial just based off the width of the road or the fact that there's a restaurant on the golf course. Boom. Now suddenly you can build five story condo buildings by in a neighborhood where the roads are as little as nine feet wide.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and I got to imagine. The immediate concerns are emergency axs. Like you said, we just lived through the Palisades fire. This is a part of the valley that has dealt with a lot of horrific fires in the past. I mean, look at all the closures into Penga Canyon, Like what is the current access in and out of this area?
Speaker 4: So right now there's essentially two roads in and out, like one lane going each direction. And if a fire is coming from the Santa Monica Mountains towards the valley, you're going to be funneled into only those two roads. And right now there's about six hundred homes behind the golf course where the roads are as narrow as nine feet wide, and they need to evacuate past the golf course. Add a thousand more cars from all of these new condos that they're planning to build there. And again our city council member wrote to the governor called that a recipe for disaster.
Speaker 3: So your city councilman, which has turned out Bob Blumenfeld, he is not a big fan of this. I'm assuming from what you're putting down there.
Speaker 4: He Bob Bloomenfeld's extremely pro development, and frankly all of us are as well for that. I think our hankings over to Allison to talk about some of the community engagement, because Bompson is very involved in this project.
Speaker 2: Great Alison, let's hear from you, howdy.
Speaker 5: Thanks, thanks so much for having us on. Just a bit of background. I'm a born and bred Valley girl. My parents still own the house here in the Girard Track from seventy nine that they bought that I grew up in. And as you know, Randy, you're very familiar with all the development going on in the Warner Center, the rams Plaza. They just tore down the fancy mall of my childhood to bang a plaza.
Speaker 2: Right, well, they not to bang a plaza.
Speaker 5: Oh the promenade. Is that what we used to call it? I'm forgetting. I'm totally spacing now. But yeah. So since two thousand and eight, we've built twenty thousand homes and we are three times our share of this city housing target. And because I grew up here, I'm so excited about all that Warner Center development because there was nothing to do here in my childhood. I have to literally flee. I came back about fifteen years ago, excited to see the place changing and developing, but in the absolute appropriate areas. You see what's happening right now with Wistaria. They had to take out like a lane or two of Canoga Avenue north of the one AH one in order to let those construction trucks help help do that build there. The one on one is a nightmare to get off on and that's that right, there is a true commercial corridor. So in our case, you know, our council member sees that this is this development is highly inappropriate in the area that it's that it's seemed right. My son is ten years old. While I was afraid of earthquakes when I grew up, he's afraid of fires. He's had two he's had two school evacuations due to fires. So Bob has been very supportive of the community, looking for solutions, proposing motions, having public meetings where he's addressed the entire community. And so we're really proud of what Proba has done for us so far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like he's on your side with this, but it also sounds like they're Usually, you know, the city council person and the city themselves they have like the final say on if these projects go forward or not. But because this project kind of went over the head of the city, I mean, what is the recourse to get at the very least a real environmental review done for this project, Like, what is your group trying to accomplish here.
Speaker 5: Well, we are trying to company. I'll let you go.
Speaker 4: Ahead, Matt, okay, great, thank you. Well. There are two tracks. One track is specifically for this project. How can we get this back into really a review process where the fire department and the city can get involved. And for that, there's two avenues that are really proving to be viable. One is the fact that this is wildlife habitats, a protected species. There's proven site is a video of mountain lions using this, and this is very close to the new one hundred million dollar mountain lion crossing that's being built over the one oh one. We're investing in protecting endangered species, and this would take almost one hundred acres of protective species off the map of those animals, and that is one of the exceptions to these laws. The other track, however, is really working with politicians to try to start to carve away at some of these exceptions, like we talked about like the commercial cord or work around the fact that if parking is permitted, the whole thing can be rezoned as commercial. And for that we're working with state and local resources, and again Allison has really been leading the charge on that.
Speaker 3: And what do you need right now from the community, like from people in Woodland Hills or in the greater San Fernando value that aren't aware of this. What do you want them to know and what do you need from them to show that there's more support for getting something done on this project.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So two things for our direct community who would be directly impacted by egress or evacuation issues here and in Gerrard track to sign up for our mailing list at whnighbors dot com. Okay, so they can stay abreast of things that we're doing to advocate both our city and state representative, and just stay informed on how things are going. In general. If we can push this into a full review, we will need full community support to show up to all of those SEQL events for them to voice their opinion more broadly in the LA area. If you live also in a hillside community or even if you live within this region, a development like this will impact your insurance rates and even if you're a renter, your landlord's going to pass that cost over onto you. So I do think that all should be cognizant, especially those in the hillside communities, because we are the canary in the coal mine. If this gets to pass l Cab over there in Nsino, you know, also a hillside community and a golf course something like this could happen in El Cab right there. And then separately, you know, we've been attacked by the represented by the developers as not being pro affordable housing, But it's not. When you're going to bring in ninety five units of individuals for affordable housing and they may not be able to be their homes and may not be able to be insured, how is that being supportive of affordable housing If they come in an insurance company says, just like an insurance company is said to me and many of my neighbors, sorry you're canceled, or sorry you're doubled, or sorry you got to go onto California Fair Plan. How is that going to be supportive of an individual on fixed income? How is the senior community who's going to need more time to be able to escape in an emergency? Why would you put them directly into a fire zone. So, either way, whether you're direct community member impacted or you're somebody in the vicinity whnighbors dot com.
Speaker 3: Whnighbors dot com is the website. Last question before you go, and you can both address this if you want. What would you say to people that are listening to this and think, well, I understand your concerns, but California is in a housing crisis and this sounds like nimbiism?
Speaker 2: What would you say to that, I can jump on that.
Speaker 4: So our neighborhood, Wilden Hills is second only to downtown Los Angeles and building new housing and building new housing has been done by concentrating in sure commercial areas walking distance to shopping and restaurants, and the mass transit system that has been expanded through the West Valley. Wilden Hills Neighbors has advocated in support of these projects. There's almost ten thousand units within a mile of where we live being built. Point is exactly again, ware from an environmental perspective, is an area that can support that density in a safe way and protect all residents rather and that point of sequel. The point of the environmental review process is to answer those questions, and the developers are just shortcutting around it and trying to really skip to the end.
Speaker 3: Matt Heise and Alison Charambalis, you can get them at whnighbors dot com. If you want to learn more about this and you want to get involved at whnighbors dot com. Matt and Allison, thank you so much for coming on today and letting everyone know about this.
Speaker 5: Randy, thanks so much, so much.
Speaker 3: It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk Radio seven ninety KABC. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk radios KABC. If you'd like to send me an email, you can do so at Randy Wangradio at gmail dot com. Judy writes in on the concept of speed room mating. I am seventy seven and absolutely have no interest in getting a roommate after watching Squatter Hunter. There's no way I would let anyone other within family live with me. That is an issue, and that is definitely something that would be especially if you own the house and you're looking at renting out one of your rooms. Yeah, that could be an issue. Now, if you're renting and you, you know, are trying to split the rent with somebody, then you're not the one taking on that risk. But yes, if you're the homeowner, that's definitely a concern, especially in the state of California, as we have done a lot of squatter stories lately, although family could also decide to not pay you rent and then screw you over and refuse to leave. So be careful when it comes to the box office. This weekend, The Odyssey dominates two weeks in a row with ninety million dollars. Mawana comes in second, they've got ten million dollars, and then Haities Town. I guess they did a pro shot of Hadestown, which that's great. I saw Haiti's Town last year when it was at the Pantagious, and it was a lot of fun. I don't know which cast was done in the pro shot. Maybe it was the Broadway cast, but I'd love to see who did Hades, because usually Hades is a real baritone voice and it's a it's a good time toy Story five is coming in at fourth place. It's made four hundred and forty eight million dollars so far. Minions and Monsters, Okay, I think the Minions franchise is going through an era of diminishing returns. They made nine million dollars a total of one hundred and fifty five million, but I think that's domestic because worldwide those movies do really well because it's very easy to tran late a Minions movie because they're all just speaking gibberish evil dead Burne in sixth place, the Invite in seventh, Young Washington and eighth, Motor City in ninth, and Obsession is still in the top ten. It has made two hundred and sixty one million dollars on a budget of like what under a million or something the YouTuber era of going to the movies. Now this weekend will be a big one for the box office because the Spider Man movie is here and people are very excited about it. As much as I felt like, okay, I'm kind of over all the Marvel stuff, I don't I haven't watched every single show, Believe you me. There was a time in COVID where they were overwhelming us with this stuff where I was caught up on all the shows. There's a few that I know they're out there, and I hear they're very good. But you know, I've got fifty hours of Love Island to watch on different continents.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: If you're just the USA Love Islander, okay, that's fifty hours. But then if you're also a UK Love Islander that's another fifty hours, and then if you're also at Australia Love Islander, that's fifty hours, and then you get to Love is Blind that's twelve hours two nice a year, and then Love is Blind UK that's another twelve hours once a year. Reality TV takes up a lot of our time, so I haven't cut up in all the Marvel shows. I think we're caught up in all the movies. But the hype is starting to come for the Spider Man movie, I'll tell you that, and specifically the Hall h experience. It did happen at Comic Con this weekend, and they could have saved a whole bunch of reveals for d twenty three, but they.
Speaker 2: Did it where.
Speaker 3: Really, you know, the big the big hype around the Avengers really started at Comicon at twenty twelve, So to see it all, come back there to see all the big announcements and the reveals. And Ryan Gosling is ghostwriter and Ryan Reynolds dressed up in a denim tuxedo version of Deadpool asking if he's in the movie.
Speaker 2: All right, you did it. I'm excited.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know if I can talk to the wife into seeing that one in the theater. Spider Man, I can get away with because she's out of town, and I'll just watch it with her, you know, later when it comes out on whatever streaming service. I think they all come out on Disney Plus now, which would be great because as I'm doing an audit of what I actually am spending money on and what am I actually watching, I don't think I can count many things I've watched it all this year that I'm paying for in Disney Plus Now. It's bundled with Hulu and it's bundled with HBO Max, so it's a deal, and I'm currently getting it free because well the bundle's like thirty two dollars, but I'm using the wife's AMEX card which has the twenty five dollars entertainment credit, and then I'm using my own twenty five dollars entertainment credit for Peacock and for YouTube TV, because for some reason, Netflix doesn't qualify. Netflix I think is the only service I really have to pay for. But we get a lot of use out of that because there's a lot of reality television garbage out there. But yeah, of recent memory, maybe there's been a movie here or there. I don't think I've really watched anything on Disney Plus, and again I could. There are Marvel shows that I have yet to see that I'm by myself for the next few weeks. I could watch them now, but I don't know what it is. When I'm just me and the dog's home alone, I don't have a drive to really well, I'm not gonna watch anything serialized because well, I'll save that stuff for when my wife gets back, because we like to watch shows together. I don't really want to watch a movie by myself. I just get reacquainted with my Nintendo Switch, or I will watch it.
Speaker 2: I am the.
Speaker 3: Generation I watch so much content on YouTube, and I pay for YouTube Premium and it's like eighteen dollars a month, and I get every penny out of it because for as much as I watch, I.
Speaker 2: Never see an ad and I like that. I enjoy it.
Speaker 3: What do I watch on YouTube? You ask, Well, show prep during the morning, but at night it's a lot of like old school video game related content and people making reviews and documentaries about games I played twenty years ago. This is what I do with some of my free time. Hey, thanks so much for being a part of the show. We're here every single day from five to six, and you can watch it on demand at Randy Wangradio dot com. You'd also search for the KABC newsplits wherever you get podcasts. But you know, I also listen to the stuff that I'm watching on YouTube. That's what I do all the time. Have a great rest of your Monday. See it tomorrow for another news Blitz with Randy Wang on KABCM.