Speaker 1: Okay, it's postgame rap time. I was tangled in my own microphone cord. There my apologies.
Speaker 2: That happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's happened to me a lot. First question, I'm gonna put the big picture stuff aside. Do you think Costs hit that one out in the ninth inning?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I thought there were two that got hit out today and neither one of them went over the wall. I mean, this ballpark has a little bit of mysterious wins that prevail. They can help you, they can hurt you, and today they did. They weren't much help. We saw the wins before the game. There was a ten mile an hour win and they kind of picked up as the day went on, but they were all blown out to left. But it just didn't feel like it with the balls that didn't carry. I thought, off the crack of the bat, cost got one, and he did too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 3: But it was really a frustrating game because of what happened in the first two innings. The Astros walk five guys, one of them scored. They had every opportunity to bust that game wide open in the first two innings and they couldn't capitalize. And it really negated. An incredible performance today for a major and houser he was brilliant, fantastic, and then the low and behold it was defense that that bit him.
Speaker 2: So a very frustrating loss.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's the story of this team right now in a lot of ways where they have no margin for error. So if they're going to have an ending like they had in the top of the seventh, we're just a meltdown and you get the Astros a chance to get back in the game. Think it's hard for them to overcome it right now because they aren't able to blow the game open early.
Speaker 2: How many teams.
Speaker 4: How many games this year where you have a double playball routine and the short stuff blows out his back while he's trying to turn it down. And you gotta be kidding me. Now you feel bad for a domus. I mean, we're gonna do you hurt, your hurt, but then you follow it up by dropping a fly ball. Well, you deserve to be twenty some games under five hundred. That's what you've earned. So it's too bad because they could have won all three in this.
Speaker 2: Series absolutely one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: You can make a case that they really outplayed the Astros in a lot of ways all week.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, and and Henches, I mean, I don't know what more he could have done. It was great the facing the guys and then he ends up getting a run. It was an urn run tag to him, but man, he was facing there big guys lined up in a running So Alvarez did hit one pretty well, but it was a single. If I'm Henches is like, yeah, I just want to keep him in the ballpark. Although he only kept him in the ballpark by a couple of feet maybe, But anyway.
Speaker 3: It's his second best single I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: What was the first best?
Speaker 3: Willie Stargell hit one off me off the top of the wall and Wrigley Field and right field and it came all the way back to Manitrio or second basement on two hops.
Speaker 2: It was a single.
Speaker 3: Like it, I think he chipped a brick out there in right field.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 1: Uh, too bad for the Giants. Today, we'll pick players after this all right rap Part two Player of the Game segment. Mike Kruco gets picked first today.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I'm going to Adrian Hauser. Uh it's a pretty obvious pick. I thought he was brilliant. You know, he was not happy about going in the bull pick, but he went down there. And when he got down there, he worked himself back and he got his mechanics back, and he's throwing the ball graat. Plus he's taken half an attitude out there, and it makes you very, very tough when he pitches inside, and I thought he pitched inside beautifully today. That was the key of his six shutout innings. Adrian Hauser, my guy, he was outstanding, good pick goss.
Speaker 2: He tied the game in the ninth.
Speaker 3: And he had two hits.
Speaker 2: I don't care about that. I thought he tied the game in the night.
Speaker 3: Either, too.
Speaker 2: Was what's the part you don't care about? The two hits? Did he score? How about only had a steal? Though? I don't care. I thought he had tied the game in the ninth well.
Speaker 3: And he was a big part of the of the of the six five four five double play.
Speaker 5: When's the last time you saw a double play where a guy got to put out. I'm both ends of the double play, one at third base and one and second base of the same playing.
Speaker 2: I might be a first.
Speaker 1: Never That's my favorite player of the year, still you're only taking him because he thought he had a home run.
Speaker 4: That double play in Cleveland all the time, geez, wake it?
Speaker 2: Want to make John look bad?
Speaker 5: Who was that third baseman who got the two outs? And say Buddy Bills, Buddy, Oh Buddy, Well Buddy could do that.
Speaker 2: And then Toby Harrah did it the next year, and then you know, guy did it all the time, all of them. It was all play for them. Good pick. I thought he hit it.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm gonna take Kavanaugh. I thought Kavanaugh had another nice, solid game. I mean, he's he's going to play a lot from here till the end of the year. He's gonna be worn out at the end of the year, but he's showing some good things. He's still got a lot of work to do. He's rocketed up through the system, but I'm impressed by him.
Speaker 2: So that's a good pick. I like that guy. Yeah, all right, good one.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna I'm giving it to a Ravers San Martin trying to keep the Giants alive in the game ninth inning, and he's the guy I had to get.
Speaker 2: Alvarez.
Speaker 5: He was the Giants designated Jordan Alvarez guy and he's struck him out. So that's that's pretty good right there. But he also got paradeas and he also got bar shows.
Speaker 2: Raved good pick.
Speaker 1: What's on Deck sponsored by your California four dealers, Well an off day, So the Giants will try to regroup and get rested up, and then the Rockies will be here on Friday night.
Speaker 4: Hey look there, you know I mean the Rockies will play for something, and that's to jump the Giants in the stead.
Speaker 2: Heck yeah, I mean, and you know you can't let that happen.
Speaker 1: They're playing hard down and there beating the Diamondbacks again today as we speak.
Speaker 2: Anyway, sleep on them.
Speaker 1: If you win the series, you win the season series against the Rockies, which they've done for many years in a row. If the Rockies win the series, then they win the season series against the Giants.
Speaker 3: So and the Giants haven't won a series in a while, way too long.
Speaker 1: They haven't went back to back games in August yet, just two in a row. That's a goal for this weekend. Win two in a row. What's on deck?
Speaker 2: Have no idea? If only costs this ball to gone out? Yeah darn it, they have no idea.
Speaker 1: It's coming the s Boxer by You're California for Dealers, and the legendary four f one fifty truck. Visit by fort now dot com today to find yours