Speaker 1: Well, the city council might only give you sixty seconds to where your grievance is.
Speaker 2: Oh hi, I'd like to go to the first caller on the phone.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're lucky, now we're giving you a both sixty minutes. It's a KABC News Blitz with Randy Wang and our long recap of the day's top local stories on your drive home. And unlike the city Council, we're the perfect vehicle to actually.
Speaker 2: Get your voice heard.
Speaker 1: The KABC News Blitz with Randy Wang starts no, No, No.
Speaker 3: It is the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk Radio seven ninety KABC. This is your daily rundown of everything you need to know that's going on in California, Southern California, the Bay Area, Sacramento, San Diego, and the Central Valley. I curate a list every single day of all the stories that I found that you might see find interesting at Randy Wangradio dot substack dot com. That's Randy Wangradio dot substack dot com. And of course, check out our YouTube page for all of the great things that are going on with the John Phillips Show and the Accountability Podcast at Johnny Don't Like dot com. That's Johnny with a y, Johnny don't like dot com. We start in Oakland, where a big trial is just getting underway, the trial of Meta and Mark Zuckerberg. As it sure seems that the attorneys generals that have been suing Facebook and suing Meta have a pretty strong case that Meta, which owns Facebook and WhatsApp and Instagram, have created a product that is insanely addictive to children. And what the trial will play out was did this was this what they intended to do all along?
Speaker 2: Was this just a byproduct? What have you?
Speaker 3: You know, is it their fault that that what endless scrolling is addictive? Or did they purposely add features to manipulate the growing brains of children to get hooked on their platforms? And we're talking about children, We're mostly talking about Instagram. You know, there's a lot of these lawsuits that have been going on, a lot of these trials going on because ultimately, fifteen years after social media really started to become a thing, I mean, it's been around for twenty you know, Yeah, MySpace was a big thing twenty years ago. Is that while to think about then you had Facebook and Twitter, and then Instagram and Snapchat and TikTok, and it's everything everywhere, all at once. And in the last twenty years of social media, I think I think we can say while there have been some very positive effects, a lot of people have made money, you have some people feeling very connected, more connected than they've ever been able to feel before, in good ways and in bad ways because you have all kinds of organization that's going on from different kinds of crazy people. Look at the rise of the groups like the in cells, and if you don't know what that means, you don't want to know. But ultimately, as you look at the last twenty years of social media, it sure seems that it is a net negative for people's mental health. And that's where I think we need to all take a step back. As we have this technology at our fingertips, we have these instant gratification devices at our fingertips, just constantly, endlessly strolling for content that is algorithmically driven to either in you or, as we've seen with certain platforms, outrage you because that'll get you to watch more and to watch longer. Nothing wrong with that. It's a very successful product. People are glued to their screens. But is there something to be said, if the people that are glued to their screens aren't old enough to be making these decisions and the addictive behavior is actually stunting their development. So we'll see what the outcome of this trial is. I think it's very interesting and I think we really might need to lean in the direction of what places like Australia are doing, like they don't let anyone on the platform under sixteen. Is that maybe a start, Maybe this is something you just need to police yourself with your own household.
Speaker 2: But that's got to be so difficult.
Speaker 3: I mean, every you know, with all these conversations about having phones in schools, you got to imagine like every parent's got to get a phone to their kid by the time there went ten, eleven, twelve, and then you've got to have these platforms because everyone else has the platform. But we have seen real detrimental effects to what Meta has done. You know, you want to just talk about Instagram, and Instagram is a very different app now than it used to be. But we all know the documented and the real documented health effects of having these kinds of platforms where you have more cases of you know, people whether they're engaging in self harm, people engaging in anorexia, bulimia. The vain society that we're in, this kind of just exacerbates all of it.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what the trial ends up, what happens, But.
Speaker 3: I think it's time to have the conversation should these products be in the hands of children? TikTok as well? I know everyone loves the TikTok? How can you get the kids off of TikTok?
Speaker 2: But maybe maybe.
Speaker 3: Parents need to just police this on their own, or maybe they could use and assist. Just something to think about. Another instance where parents could use a hand is the regulation that is much needed for e bikes, And there is a pretty fascinating development going on in Newport Beach right now where yeah, e bikes were banned at the Newport Mesa unified school district for elementary school students and junior high students.
Speaker 2: You can take them if you're in the high school.
Speaker 3: And one of the things that has happened is more kids are now actually riding real bikes.
Speaker 2: And then there's the.
Speaker 3: Occasional sub story of like a parent who has to now drop her kid off at school because it's too far without the e bike that they're not allowed to use. But for the most part, I think e bikes have got to be regulated. I don't know why at the state level you can only ban them for kids under the age of twelve. These things are dangerous. They are motorcycles, except people are not treating them like their motorcycles. They're not wearing motorcycle jackets, they're not wearing motorcycle helmets. And the stories that we've heard of the injuries and the accidents, they're just horrifying. And they're multiplying all the time. And the state has a.
Speaker 2: Role in this. They actually encourage this.
Speaker 3: The state of California and its infinite wisdom through the California Air Resources Board, actually had a voucher program to use money from Cap and Trade aka Cap and Invest. One of the reasons your gas prices are so high is to give vouchers for free e bikes. Because the idea was it's gonna take cars off the road. And guess what, it did not take cars off the road. What happened was you had a bunch of people that gave them to their kids as Christmas presents, and then all of a sudden, this behavior started to emerge where teenagers who already do stupid things felt that they had this insane level of freedom to wreak terror.
Speaker 2: It's the mob mentality.
Speaker 3: It's kids going after people, the bumper games, where they're literally filming themselves crashing into people. The next is of social media plus e bikes, because ultimately everyone does this for the stunts, and they do it for the clicks, and they do it for the clout what have you. The reason there's so much dangerous behavior out there is because social media leads an incentive for it, and the young developing minds don't know what consequences are, so they think it's totally smart to film themselves committing and putting them on social media, and for once, I think the platform.
Speaker 2: Should be held responsible.
Speaker 3: You know, it reminds me of an issue that we've talked about endlessly on this show, street takeovers. Street takeovers are happening at a rapid pace in Los Angeles County, and the street takeovers almost inevitably lead to looting cases, and there's got to be something to be done about this. But one of the reasons why I don't think we go after these street takeovers so aggressively is because it's mostly teenagers doing this and we don't want to put them in juvenile hall, we don't want to put them away. But one of the reasons that the teenagers participate, whether you're just a spectator or whether you are the person doing the stunts, is you're doing it for social media and the social media platforms, which already are scoring up the mental health and the choices of children, they are actually giving them incentive structures. Because this isn't just like I'm doing this for fun. This is a career path. You can make a living. You can make a lot of money in a very quick amount of time through these apps, and you might be wondering, how do you make money off of this. It's not like you're gonna get you know, Quinn shirts to sponsor someone doing a street takeover.
Speaker 2: That's not what this is like.
Speaker 3: Do you know what goes on on TikTok and TikTok lives. You might think that TikTok is just this fifteen second app where someone does a dance and then someone else does a dance.
Speaker 2: So there's so much more than that. TikTok Live is.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you right now, I don't find myself interested in it at all, but it can be very addictive. You literally just go live the same way we go live for our noon to three show right here, you know, here on KABC, and you but just start like almost doing crowd work with whoever's watching you. Some people want to just be insulted or berated by the host. Sometimes there'll be a back and forth and you as the audience, are supposed to send little badges or little metals or little emojis, and each one maybe costs you a penny, a couple of pennies, and people do that over and over and over and over again, and the creator gives actual money. And there are children doing this and children spending money on this because it's only like five dollars get you five hundred credits, and it goes, you know, it goes crazy out of control. Think about that incentive structure where you can make money and you need to get the most amount of attention, and some young people are getting that amount of attention by doing things that are illegal. And that's why I think we need the social media platforms not only to be held accountable, to use everyone's most useless term for the mental health of young people and how we have definitely exacerbated that problem, but also the incentive structure for the kids on the e bike, so the kids in the street takeovers to find ways to profit from committing crimes. It is something that we have to grapple with. And in the age of all the surveillance that we talk about, in the age of all of the stuff that we talk about with AI and how advanced technology is, we can definitely find ways to knock this up. You're telling me you can't have an algorithm that sees illegal activity and immediately shuts down the account on TikTok and Snapchat and Instagram, And of course they don't because everyone seems to be making money off of this. But I think we have to take away that incentive structure.
Speaker 2: I just do.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happens with the Meta lawsuit and the Facebook being on trial. Will Zuckerberg take the stage? That usually doesn't go very well when Zuckerberg takes the stand, because he's not the most emotionally appealing fella.
Speaker 2: He sure seems like.
Speaker 3: A robot, devoid of all emotion in the worst possible way. Does money corrupt you? Well, how come there's no normal billionaires? Just something to think about? Doesn't mean I support the wealth tax. I'm just saying it's weird that there's almost no normal billionaires. They're all super super weird and super super freaky. Maybe that amount of money where you start deciding that you need to buy up all sorts of swaths of kawhi in Hawaii, there's something wrong. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk Radio seven ninety KABC. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk Radio seven ninety KABC. Let's get this out of the way because I got a fun little giveaway for you. Seven ninety KABC welcomes Allison Krause and The Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas with special guests Theo Lawrence at the Pacific Amphitheater on August twenty ninth. Tickets are on sale now at pacamp dot com, but right now calling number nine at one eight eight eight seven ninety five two two two gets a pair of tickets to the show. This is a post fair concert. Tickets furnished by the Pacific Amphitheater. Good Luck Dialing. In addition to this show and The John Phillips Show, Johnny and I host a podcast that comes out every single week called the Accountability Podcast. And if you wonder how we came up with the name the Accountability Podcast, accountability, accountability, it's because it is the most meaningless word in the English language. Politicians use it all the time and it means nothing. They want to hold people accountable, they want themselves to be held accountable accountability, it means nothing. For a minute, we were going to call it the quite frankly Podcast, but people have been confused us with Scott Galloway. If you watch Scott Galloway, you'll understand the reference. We have a brand new episode that premieres tomorrow at three pm. The algorithm tells me the best way to drop these things is like right after the show and promoted heavily. We've got our friend Seneca Scott coming on, and Seneca Scott knows Oakland politics better than anybody and has a lot to say about the corruption trial for one Shang E Tao.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely and.
Speaker 3: It's connection to Attorney General Bobert Bonta Bonta. It is a must watch. It is a must listen. So there are many ways that you can find the show. You can search for the Accountability Podcast wherever you get your podcasts, or go to the website with the YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: It's the easiest way. We've made it so easy for you.
Speaker 3: We bought a domain name Johnny don't Like dot Com. That's Johnny don't like dot Com Johnny with a why takes you to our YouTube channel where you can see all the episodes that we have of the Accountability Podcast. Last week we out on Susan Crabtree to talk about Gavin Newsom gallivanting admission. The week before that we had Steve Hilton on. Check out all of the episodes and if you could do us a favor while you're watching, hit the like button the thumbs up that tells YouTube to recommend our content to new people. It helps us out every single day, and leave a comment tell us what you think. That also is very very important. So check it all out at Johnny Don't Like dot Com? And hey, how exciting is this? Two weeks from Friday. On Friday, September fourth, the John Phillips Show is heading back to Sherman Oaks to the Pineapple Hill Saloon and Grill.
Speaker 2: I love Pineapple Hill. I actually go there all the time.
Speaker 3: It's great if you're ever going to Pineapple Hill I think that their pineapple margarita is excellent and I don't even need to special order it like Loagave.
Speaker 2: They do a great job. And the best.
Speaker 3: Sandwich on the menu used to think was the Reuben. It's the Club. Their club sandwich is terrific, and then you can even get it on gluten free bread. So we're going to be at Pineapple Hill from noon to three on Friday, September fourth to hang out with our friends from the Howard Jarvis Tax Bears Association, including Susan Shelley, as we rallied to get people to spread awareness to vote yes on Prop forty three. Prop forty three is the Local Taxpayer Protection Act. The Save Prop thirteen Act made it on the ballot, so we're there to support it. You can get signs and all kinds of other swag for Prop forty three at the event.
Speaker 2: Hang out with us, have lunch. It's gonna be a great day.
Speaker 3: The John Phillips Show Live at Pineapple Hill in Sherman Oaks from noon to three, Friday September fourth. How is September already gonna be here? It has been a really, really really quick summer. It's also been a really hot summer. But maybe it's because it's been so busy. I mean, I have been working NonStop, relentlessly, launching this video stuff that we're doing from noon to three and the podcast and everything else. I feel like it was just June and now we're already looking at the end of August.
Speaker 2: But I hope you come out.
Speaker 3: It's we haven't done a remote in a little while, and we've got another one planned in October at Gladstone's in Long Beach with our buddy John sang My. So that's very exciting as well. And I am always pushing, I'm always trying. I want to make sure, hopefully by the end of the year we do one event up in the Bay Area to celebrate with all of our Bay Area listeners who have been listening to us on KSFO over the last year and a half. For me, it's any excuse to go up to the Bay Area. I love hanging out in San Francisco and actually got a little weekend trip planned there in September. We've got a lot more to go here on the news Blitz.
Speaker 2: Stick with us.
Speaker 3: If you want to send me an email, you can do so at Randy Wang Radio at gmail dot com. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC. This is your daily rundown of everything that's going on in the state of California, Southern California, the Bay Area, Sacramento, San Diego, in the Central Valley. I compile a list every single day of all the stories that I find interesting that you might want to check out at Wang radio dot substack dot com. It's my show prep visualized for you Randy Wang Radio dot substack dot com. Well, it's been a very quick summer for me and maybe for you. For the people dealing with the disasters that have gone on in Los Angeles County over the last six weeks, it's probably been a really slow and awful summer. How about we start with the people who are still suffering every single day in Boile Heights from the Lineage cold storage facility fire that ended up having eighty five million pounds of rotting food. Well, Karen Bass's deadline for when Lineage was supposed to clean it all up has passed, although they're disputing it. Although I don't think they're going to make their deadline as well. And even though ninety three percent of the food is gone, it still smells like hell out there.
Speaker 2: What's going on here? Let's check it out here is NBCLA.
Speaker 5: Is frustration in Boyle Heights tonight, days after an apparent miss deadline to clean up the burned out warehouse, and immunity members are still dealing with the smell of rotting food and the infestation of flies and rats.
Speaker 2: And let's not forget.
Speaker 3: Thanks to reporting from NBC four, we know that those flies are disease carrying flies that if they get into open wounds can cause all kinds of illnesses. And the county and the city weren't the ones to disclose that. It was reporting from NBC four getting documents where Karen Bass was complaining to Barbara Ferrara about the flies. But why didn't they want to tell the public.
Speaker 5: Both Merriw candidates are demanding accountability.
Speaker 2: And hey, that's the name of my podcast.
Speaker 5: BC four is Starshah Phillips is live in Boile Heights now with the latest on the situation.
Speaker 6: Darsha, Yeah, Carolyn, two months after that fire ripped through lineage cold storage warehouse behind me, we are still smelling the stench here we see the bugs and the rats because of the eighty five million pounds of food that continues.
Speaker 3: You know, you could argue, would have they not been better off if they let everything just burn to the ground.
Speaker 6: For Ron in that warehouse behind me. And even though the company says the cleanup is underway, Carolyn, let me tell you, this stench here is the worst I've ever smelled it. And that is what these community members are dealing with. And they say they are frustrated and fed up.
Speaker 3: I mean, is the stench going to be so baked in that even if they get rid of all the food, it's just going to linger there? How have they not just evacuated this whole area. The lack of response from the city, the county, the state, and the federal government in this environmental disaster shows that nobody cares about these people.
Speaker 6: Dozens and boil heights gathered near the Lineage warehouse, demanding action and answers nearly two months after a fire ripped through the cold storage company.
Speaker 3: And I have to just reiterate this all the time because it's the strangest part of this story. For me, It's awful what happened to this neighborhood. It's awful that this fire had eighty five thou million pounds of rotting food, what have you.
Speaker 2: But it seems to always be.
Speaker 3: Forgotten how the fire started, and it started on the solar panel farm that was on top of it, and that's part of the reason why it took the LAFD over a week to put out this fire. It's just kind of strange to me that we all ignore that fact. Because while Karen Bass can make big claims about environmental racism and how we shouldn't have these big ass warehouses in neighborhoods, near schools, what have you, they wouldn't dare say that about.
Speaker 2: Solar panel farms.
Speaker 3: One because of the green agenda, but more importantly, because there's probably a solar panel farm on the parking lot of your kids' school right now.
Speaker 2: But why don't we want.
Speaker 3: To mention that, Why don't we want to talk about how dangerous the high concentration of solar panels can be.
Speaker 6: And upended the lives of nearby residents. The committee still does not know whether.
Speaker 7: We were exposed.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, okay, I'm going to try to translate for you with my very very very very very elementary level of Spanish, because there's a sign going after Barbara Ferrer. It says Barbara Ferrer kwondo vas attendre nuestra salud, ninos and sitanios. Okay, I'm gonna have to look that one up during the break. Doesn't sound like they're very happy with babs.
Speaker 6: To ammonia or the full toxic impact of what was released.
Speaker 8: Our communities and our neighborhoods have been battling with environmental racism racism for decades, and we need reparations.
Speaker 5: We need these corporations to get out of here forever because this was a catastrophe.
Speaker 6: And we need new policies that protect us teachers.
Speaker 3: Now it's the new nimbiism. No more refrigerators near homes.
Speaker 6: Okay, back at school at nearby campuses say they are concerned for their students and their families, parents, the students, they all got allergies, they continued to have headaches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we sent them back to school in all of this. Seriously, how much could it have cost to just keep this neighborhood evacuated throughout this entire thing.
Speaker 7: They have skin ratchets and nose bleats.
Speaker 6: Council member Nitthia Rahman.
Speaker 3: Who is Oh, here we go, It's time for the opportunists running.
Speaker 6: For mayor of Los Angeles, held a rally in press conference calling out what she says is poor executive leadership from city Hall.
Speaker 7: Was the air safe to breathe or not?
Speaker 6: Why were the mayor's advisors working with Lineage at the same time?
Speaker 3: These are actually very fair questions. Karen Bass had a top advisor who was also advising Lineage. Karen Bess said, the air is safe to breathe, You do not need to evacuate.
Speaker 2: Barbara Prere said the same thing.
Speaker 7: Why did the city take weeks to conduct door to door outreach? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Why did it take more than two weeks to ask for relocation assistance from Lineage? Last week, Lineage Corporation missed Mayor Karen Vass's deadline to clear out all the rotting food from the warehouse. NBC four is karma. Dickerson pressed the mayor on that matter at a campaign event over the weekend.
Speaker 2: You have to have a deadline. Forty deadline doesn't mean a damn thing.
Speaker 3: Absentee Landlord Karen Bass is hands down the worst mayor Los Angeles has ever had, including this Jackass.
Speaker 2: I received things on both ends.
Speaker 3: Would Nithia be worse? Probably, I don't know how you make that decision.
Speaker 2: Five days is what we said. Forty five days is what they should hold to.
Speaker 7: Forty five days from when when was the property transfer to that? I mean, I can't give you the exact day, but the point.
Speaker 2: Is exactly metals here. But I called for it.
Speaker 3: She is uniquely terrible, and she's a terrible communicator, and also she's running a terrible reelection campaign. Do you see that video where she posted that someone asked her to mom donnia pothole, which means get the pothole filled, and at the end of the video she doesn't fill the pothole. What the hell is wrong with you?
Speaker 7: On forty five.
Speaker 6: Days, lineage says the warehouse is ninety five percent clear and the cleanup should be done by the end of the week. And residents want to know if the warehouse is ninety five percent cleaned up, why they continue to smell this odor?
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: Lineage is also applied.
Speaker 2: For also just another thing.
Speaker 3: If you're a homeowner, I understand that's a little harder, but if you're a renter, why are people choosing to stay there when you could move.
Speaker 2: You could leave.
Speaker 3: Is it because most of this area is under like rent stabilization ordinances and rent control?
Speaker 2: Because that's quite a decision.
Speaker 6: To make hermits to repair and rebuild. Mayor Karen Bass has put an pause on that order until an investigation can go into exactly what happened here. But people in this community say they do not want to see lineage back here in their community. They want the warehouse torn down. Reporting live tonight from Boyle Heights, I'm Darshah Phillips, NBC four News.
Speaker 3: But of course that's not the only disaster that residents of Los Angeles City and County had to face this summer. People are still displaced from the massive water main break in West Hollywood thanks to the awfulness of the LEDWP and not doing anything about their one hundred and ten year old pipes. For more on this, here's NBCLA.
Speaker 9: It has now been one month since that major watermain break in West Hollywood closed a portion of Sunset Boulevard, total cars and flooded apartments and businesses near by. Good evening once again, everyone, I'm Colleen Williams, and.
Speaker 4: I'm Annabel Soadonna And for Michael Brownie tonight. Some people impacted are still staying in hotels. NBC four as Alex Rosier has been covering the story since the beginning, he has an update for us that you'll see for the first time and only on NBC.
Speaker 7: Four Alex.
Speaker 10: And Annabel and Colleen Good Evening. You can see right behind us here this is where that water main broke on Sunset near Holloway. Traffic once again moving. Some people may think things are back to normal, but if you talk to people who live right down here, they'll tell you that they're still in the middle of a nightmare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you never want to be downhill when there's a big flood, these poor people.
Speaker 10: Today, several contractors are parked on Palm Avenue in West Hollywood as work continues after the major water main break on nearby Sunset Boulevard one month ago.
Speaker 7: What's the last month been like?
Speaker 11: Very stressful.
Speaker 10: Tony said he had two cars totaled after the broken water main flooded his parking garage, and now he's been staying in a hotel for twenty nine days because his complex is still not livable.
Speaker 2: I just want to go home.
Speaker 11: I just want to sleep in my own bed.
Speaker 3: I just want to you forget that these things have these real life, long lasting consequences. You've been out of your house for a month because of this stupid water main break, something that happens every single week because the LEDWP and the City of Los Angeles do not prioritize maintenance.
Speaker 11: Presume my life. I don't have it as bad as the people who are on the ground floor, nine.
Speaker 7: Of whom lost, some are all of their Belonis upthrow. Dialogue Cafe has extensive damage too.
Speaker 8: We've kind of realized now this location will probably take maybe up to a year, maybe over a year to rebuild.
Speaker 7: Narbgas Alien as co owner.
Speaker 10: He says they'll announce a new temporary home in West Hollywood soon.
Speaker 8: You're very close and as soon as it gets finalized, will be able to it. So we'll have a pop up location, full menu.
Speaker 10: Both Dialogue and Tony have filed claims with insurance and LADWP, but that process is ongoing and bills are adding up.
Speaker 3: And here's another issue, whether it's the insurance companies and we talked plenty about them, or the utility themselves, the public utility that caused this disaster. How are you dragging your feet on dealing with the claims of the people that you victimized. You know, I have had a lot of criticism for our private energy monopolies in California, notably PG and E SO cal Edison, San Diego Gas and Electric. And you can make the logical argument that one way to have a better system is to have municipally owned utilities, and there are some that are run very well, SMUD being one of them. But the LADWP kind of deflates this entire argument because the LADWP is a municipally owned utility and it is all fully run. It is incredibly expensive, and whatever they've been spending money on it hasn't been on replacing the one hundred year old pipes. The pipe that burst that caused this disaster was over one hundred and ten years old, was flagged as highly dangerous and needed to be replaced, and it was on a waiting list where it would take five years before they started to replace it because their current infrastructure replacement plan is a one hundred and fifty year plan. So I don't know what the good answer is here, because the private energy monopoly suck and the public utility sucks.
Speaker 11: So what do we do I'm out of pocket already ten thousand plus dollars just for the hotel.
Speaker 2: One of the things.
Speaker 8: That's underestimated is how long and how much time it takes to actually go through the claims process, right.
Speaker 3: Like, that's unacceptable. We should have an insurance commissioner that goes after and insurance companies that do not deal with claims in a quickly and timely manner, and we should have some kind of regulator the CPUC, I don't know, going after our utilities, including a public utility, a public good, not paying out the claims. When you ruin people's lives.
Speaker 8: It's a full time job in itself.
Speaker 10: Today, LADWP said they received ninety eight claims following the water main break, saying quote ladwp's goal is to reach a final decision on a claim within thirty to forty five days. The length of the claim process varies depending.
Speaker 3: On Meanwhile, these people have to put themselves up in a hotel for thirty to forty five days, it might be longer. Maybe they lost their car, maybe they lost their their clothing, what have you.
Speaker 10: It's it's unacceptable the complexity of each individual claim, so timelines can differ case by case As he waits, Tony admits the stress is taking a toll.
Speaker 11: Its completely derailed my entire summer.
Speaker 7: And he says he doesn't know how long this headache will last.
Speaker 2: Expect to be in a hotel.
Speaker 11: Honestly, I have given up expectations because I thought that by now we might have sufficient services restored in the building that I could comfortably come back.
Speaker 10: And as you look live Tonight's have that big sign a dialogue posted outside announcing their temporary closure, inviting people to visit their West LA location. But that's the story of one business and one person. Here on Paul Avenue, there are several people in similar situations, all of them hoping that their claims with their insurance and LADWP will be resolved soon. We're live in West Hollywood tonight. I'm Alex Rosier, NBC four News.
Speaker 2: Just another instance.
Speaker 3: Whether it's the County of LA, the City of La, the mayor, the DWP, nobody seems to take disaster response seriously and nobody has the back of the people who have been victimized by our incompetence. It's the the News Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC. If you've ever liked to email me, you can do so at Randy Wang Radio at gmail dot com. Occasionally I will just you know, speak out my inner desires on the radio in the middle of a segment. I don't think it's a secret to anybody who listens to this show or the John Phillips Show or the Accountability Podcast that I really want out of the city of Los Angeles. I really, really, really have had enough of it. And it's not even about the you know, the corrupt politics, although that's part of it. I'm not meant to live in this car centric world that is LA. The worst part of my day is driving to and from Culver City, and I get no joy out of sitting on a freeway that's not moving. I don't like the fact that I live in a neighborhood in the suburbs where I can't walk anywhere, there's nothing to do. It just does not feel like the kind of quality of life that I want for how much I'm paying to be here. So I want out, And I will jokingly, you know, mention over and over and over again that i'd kind of like to, you know, live in the Bay area at some point, or at least have a little condo now. Because of the real estate explosion in San Francisco, I don't think I'm going to be getting a place in San Francisco proper anytime soon.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe this podcast will take off and I can afford a place like near Golden Gate Park. But listener Cindy has been sending me listings of like places that they're not San Francisco, but they sure are close, Like you know place This is in Marin County, on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge, in like Salslito, and I don't know anything about these neighborhoods, but the house looks really nice. It's small, it's a one bedroom, one bath, six hundred square foot home, but it's a you know, it's four hundred and fifty thousand dollars. That's you know, if we could figure out how to live in that small of a footprint, it's not a bad idea. I think it's a condo, but you know, you're just a few minutes away from San Francisco. Oh boy, the hoa is seven hundred and forty a month. Well, I'll have to think about that. But still for what the price is. It's something to think about. I just, you know, sometimes I need to just think about that. There is an escape that there, you know, as I get to this next phase of my life in my career, I just turned forty one, I've accomplished a lot of my life goals. I've accomplished a lot of my career goals. So at this point it's you know, I would like to do better financially.
Speaker 2: Who wouldn't.
Speaker 3: But I want a better quality of life, And for me, that's not living in the city of la doesn't mean I wouldn't be happy in a place like Burbank, a place like Long Beach, place like Santa Monica, a place where I could walk around and do a bunch of stuff that I think.
Speaker 2: I had so much fun that week in Toronto. That made me so happy.
Speaker 3: Being able to work from a hotel room, walk up and down, check out all these places.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: And I love traveling. I love being able to work while traveling. I definitely want to do more. You know, Pasadena another fantastic idea, another fantastic place I would live there. I loved living in Burbank. I don't think I took advantage of living in Burbank when I lived in Burbank because we lived downtown and you could walk to downtown and it was a downhill slope too, so it was easy. But I was much heavier than and it was much lazier than. But just things I like to think about. You know, where I am right now is not where I'm supposed to be. But I kind of feel feel stuck because I can't sell this house. We have a two percent interest rate. Are you kidding? Like we'll have to rent out this house and then we have to buy or rent somewhere else.
Speaker 2: But it's it's not impossible. And then we've also.
Speaker 3: Realized that, you know, downsizing is definitely a thing like we have even though you know we both have home offices.
Speaker 2: We don't need a four bedroom house. We could definitely downsize. Might have to get rid of the wine fridge. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Now that's got to come with us. We've got to have room for the two hundred bottle wine fridge.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think I can fit that into a little condo. Thank y'all so much for listening to the show. Check out our YouTube channel. Johnny Don't like dot com, that's Johnny. Don't like dot com. It's The news Blitz with Randy Wang on KAVC