Speaker 1: Giants Tigers Game one, as the Giants begin an interleague interlude. In fact, they've got two American League teams coming in the Tigers, and then on Monday the Astros funnel them in. I'm John Miller with today's twenty three hour with the Skipper of the Giants. And the last time I saw you, it was in San Diego. I didn't go to Texas, and a lot of changes rather quickly, and six members of the twenty six man active roster got traded away from one day to the next there. So I know this is all kind of old news now because it's several days later. But these new guys, what do you think? Who do you like?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean it was interesting how I went down with those guys. I don't think there's perfect timing with any of that stuff, But it all started with Malley. As soon as we were getting ready to take off on the plane, we found out about him. So we ended up having a conversation mid air, and then a couple of the last guys that got dealt. It was during pregame meetings and things like that. But since then, I think the guys have moved on and the young energy we have is exciting, and I think Marcelo Meyer is, you know, kind of a guy that everybody would be juice to work with because he's so athletic and talented, but in particular us getting him here, he hasn't been able to find, you know, a rhythm yet in his big league career, and there's nothing better than trying to pull the most potential that's in a player out of him. And a young guy like him, you know, he's got a huge future ahead of him. So he's fun to be around. Some of these pictures that we've acquired have big, big arms. The video has been great to watch so far. Meyers the only guy we've met in person, but because of the trades, we've been able to see a lot of familiar faces from spring training come up. And again that young energy has been felt in the locker room all right.
Speaker 1: And meanwhile, among the guys who are here, and he got here just a few days before the training deadline, o Slavi bat Shabi and wow, the way he's been swinging the bat. You look forward to him coming up to the plate and yet he is just a real young guy, but with some previous big league experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's made you know, when he first got into the big leagues, he made an impact with his bat as well. You know, defensively, he's helped us at second probably his most suited position for us, but can play shortstop, can play third base. And then to this point, is that a you know, flair for the dramatic, some big hits and some key situations. But to me, the thing that I think has been consistent day in and day out since he's been around is he's got a fun loving and yet intense approach to the game, and it kind of draws in the other players as well. Older guys, younger guys. It doesn't matter. I think they all kind of enjoy being around him.
Speaker 1: At the park, the Giants and the Tigers open a three game series. We're talking about some of the new Giants who are here now, and there's some more newcomers today. We'll talk about that when today's Tony Bitello continues. Now more of Tony Bicello, the skipper the Giants, and some more players have arrived to join the roster. Tell us about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Trent Harris is here today, and you know he's been outstanding in Sacramento. He was good in spring training. He was a topic of conversation to be on the roster, but one of the guys that was easier to envision. Needed some innings, and he's done great with those innings. He's added strength, he's thrown more strikes, He's kind of cleaned up his repertoire a little bit. Has something unique with an over the top arm slot that many of our guys don't have, and spends a big breaking ball, which again it's not a familiar look, so I'm not sure what his role will be. He worked his way into a starting role and did great things with it, so I think he's kind of like a Seymour didwell. Other guys we have to Howser brew Baker that could fill a lot of different roles and are pretty flexible, so it'd be fun to kind of mix and match a little bit as we move forward.
Speaker 1: JT. Brubaker will get the start today and he's been relievers, so I'm assuming as an opener. And who are some of the guys that might slot in behind him?
Speaker 2: You know, Harris could could make his debut with us tonight, or Howser is a guy who's well rested and can you know, add some length based off how many lefties they have in the lineup. I'd be shocked if San Martin didn't make another appearance tonight. And then as we get late in the game, it's not like we've narrowed anybody down or have established this guy in the eighth, this guy in the ninth. But if we can put ourselves in a winning position, you know, Keaton Winn and Sam Henshes have done very well for us, you know, holding things down out of the bullpen as of late. So we would probably go to those guys.
Speaker 1: Tigers not having a good year, a lot was expected of them, They expected a lot from it, and they traded Terek's Schoobel. But then when you look at their lineup now, they're playing really well here lately, even with that big trade, and a lot of their top guys are ended up having pretty good seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they bring up the Clark kid. It was a big prospect. He's really young. Mcgonaughd is a young, exciting player. And then they've got some older guys that have been around the block too, and for whatever reason, it's really clicked for their offense. Really, really, you could say about the last thirty days and the game within the game that we sometimes talk about, probably today is how can our right handed pitchers do against them? They haven't done as well against lefties as of late, but in the last two three, four weeks they've really swung the bat well against right handed pitching. So we need to do what we can do to combat that on the on the defensive side.
Speaker 1: All right, So here we go some Inta League play Giants Tigers, and that's the Tony Vachello Show for today.