Speaker 1: Something's not right. Your crime is up all over the state.
Speaker 2: The homelessness and the city is out of control.
Speaker 1: The economy is sick, axes are high, housing as expensive, and businesses are leaving.
Speaker 3: Leaving California means fixing, and John Phillips is just the man to leave the charge. It's the Fix California Hour with John Phillips and Randy.
Speaker 2: Wang, and we continue at one oh five in the afternoon on the John Phillips Show. Mister Randy Wang's in Culver City.
Speaker 1: Johnny, we're broadcasting live on the radio seven ninety KABC or eight ten KSFO. But unless you're actively driving right now, we highly recommend you check out the live video stream. We're on every single day from noon to three at Johnny don't Like dot Com. That's Johnny with a Y. Johnny Don't Like dot Com takes your right to our YouTube channel. While you're there, hang out in the chat room. We're having lots of fun. This, by the way, works on your browser or your phone. You can hit the like button, so you're commendous to new people. Hit the bells. You're notified whenever we post new content or have new live shows. Every day from noon to three and hit subscribe. Johnny, we are seven subscribers away from five thousand on the channel, and we made a promise long ago that when we get to five thousand, john and I have to drive down to the Tiajuana River and do a show. Are you prepared for that? No, including technically, because I have to figure out a setup where we can have three microphones and I don't know what we do with the cameras, and we're gonna make Nettter go down there with us. So technically I'm not prepared for it. Emotionally, I'm also not prepared for it.
Speaker 4: You can smell right here.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna bring a gas mask or just a Maybe I'll bring one of my old COVID masks. I still have a whole bunch in my drawer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that could be helpful, although I think the smell still gets.
Speaker 1: In through those. I think it does. What did we get ourselves into? It's these kinds of terrible ideas are what inspire people to subscribe, which is why we want you in the chat and to email us your ideas for what we should do when we get to ten thousand subscribers.
Speaker 2: All right, well, that should be something eight hundred two two two five two two two. He is a telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. Well, we know that on the November ballot we're going to be deciding a bunch of different ballot initiatives, including the billionaire wealth confiscation tax and voter ID among others. And Randy, we have some pull results to show you just exactly where the state stands right now on those issues.
Speaker 1: When it comes to some of the hot button issues that are on the November ballot, I believe there are fourteen statewide initiatives. Let's see what the voters current say according to a poll that I am assuming is not one of Karen Mass's fake polls about Prop thirty nine, which is voter ID and Prop forty, which is the wealth tax, or as I like to call it, the take Tom Steyer's money away from him tax. I'm Tom Steyer.
Speaker 4: I'm about to ride the d.
Speaker 1: For more. Here's Fox forty.
Speaker 5: Fox forty is your local election headquarters. With less than three months from election day, a new poll is giving us an early look at where California voters stand on two major ballot measures. The survey indicates voters are leaning towards passing the so called millionaire tax while rejecting voter I D thanks for joining wait.
Speaker 1: I thought voter ID had all kinds of support.
Speaker 2: Yes, when you ask, should you have to provide your identification to cast a ballot? But because they now have titled it the Prevent People from Voting Act or whatever the hell it is, you change the entire dynamic of that election.
Speaker 1: Thanks Bobert Bob Bonta for Fox forty News at six thirty. I'm Richard Charpin tonight for Eric and I'm Niki Lorenzo.
Speaker 6: Fox forty Capital reporter Aton Wallace has a breakdown of the numbers and reaction from supporters and opponents both measures.
Speaker 1: Vote no. I'm thirty nine.
Speaker 7: US Senator Alex Padilla in Sacramento Tuesday, speaking out against Prompt thirty nine, the statewide measure that, if passed by voters this November, will require voter ID statewide.
Speaker 8: Prop thirty nine will make it harder for eligible Californians to register and vote, and accordingly.
Speaker 1: To register, we make everyone register automatically when they get a driver's license.
Speaker 2: You have to have a driver's license to get on an airplane, you have to have a driver's license, I think to get into a federal building. So if you go to serve on federal jury duty or whatever, you need to show a picture ID. In fact, I think you need to show a picture ID to get into their offices.
Speaker 1: You need to show a picture ID to get into Costco. They don't just let you pass by with some friends Costco card anymore. They check the face and they're not even gonna let you buy the hot dog unless you're really a member.
Speaker 2: And you know what's funny is that this crowd, the crowd that's opposed to picture ID, they're the first ones to claim that the election was rigged as soon as they lose. That's what Katie Porter did to draw all kinds of heat after that US Senate race when Adam Shift beat her.
Speaker 1: I call it the Shift gift.
Speaker 2: And then you go to Texas, Jasmin Krockett did the same thing when she lost that primary.
Speaker 1: There. To the guy who thinks they're six different sexes, there's just a lot of sore losers out there.
Speaker 7: This new UC Berkeley igs LA Times poll of just over two three hundred likely California voters, it appears a narrow majority of Californians feel the same way Padilla does. The survey finding fifty one percent of Californians oppose the voter ide ballot measure, while forty two percent support it. Seven percent are undecided.
Speaker 9: Argdemocity doesn't work if people don't have faith in election outcome.
Speaker 7: GOP Huntington Beach State Senator Tony Strickland is a longtime supporter and joint author of the voter ide Bella measure. Despite the latest poll, he believes the measure will pass as outreach about it increases the closer you get to election day.
Speaker 9: When a dog voted in the last couple elections in Orange County, there's a problem and right.
Speaker 1: Now, Although to be fair, the woman who registered her dog to vote didn't do it to cheat. She did it to prove that it's easy to register your dog to vote. Now, are you sure it was an actual dog and not the bounty hunter?
Speaker 9: Oh. What we're trying to do is bring a common sense measure that's been done by more than half this country, and it's a system that almost everybody in the world has. A democracy uses voter ID the poll.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't even take away mail in ballots. You just have to put in the last four digits of your socials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they don't want any guard rails on our elections at all, and they want it to take a month to count all the ballots.
Speaker 7: Also asking respondents to weigh in on another ballot measure receiving a lot of attention, Prop forty, dubbed the California Billionaire Tax. The initiative, which is organized by the SCIU United Healthcare Workers West Union, would impose a one time five percent tax on the worldwide assets of California billionaires who've lived in the Golden State as of January first of this year. Backers say the revenue generated from the tax will help backfill an estimated one hundred billion dollars in federal health care cuts from the Trump administration's HR one law.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how much of it goes to the SCIU uhw's pension fund.
Speaker 2: See that's what they don't want anyone to know about. The money is not going to go to services for you today.
Speaker 1: It's going to go for.
Speaker 2: The pension plans for people who retired a long time ago.
Speaker 7: Or, as President Trump often described it, the big beautiful bill. The poll finding as of now, forty eight percent of likely California voters support the proposal, while forty one percent are opposed. Another eleven percent are undecided. As THEIU United Healthcare rer.
Speaker 1: Now not having over fifty percent. As we're just a little more than two months away from the election, that's not great for the billionaire tax crowd.
Speaker 2: No, and it's not just going to be the usual suspects who are spending money against it.
Speaker 1: Don't forget.
Speaker 2: The California Teachers Association and other unions are going to do the same thing.
Speaker 7: Workers Western Union president Dave Reagan is a lead organizer of the measure.
Speaker 10: The healthcare system is under ENORMALOIUS pressure now, and if we don't do something, millions of people suffer.
Speaker 1: He notes.
Speaker 7: The measure has the endorsement of the California Democratic Party, but it comes as Governor Gavin Newsom and a wide coalition of business groups, healthcare and teachers unions, as well as Democratic gubernatorial candidate Javiard Bassera have all come out again.
Speaker 1: I forgot he was running for governor. He's everyone did for it. Being just a little over what nine weeks away, sure as hell isn't campaigning, No, he's.
Speaker 7: Not interested, arguing the measure could drive wealthy residents out of California, reducing tax revenues and hurting state programs over the long term.
Speaker 11: This is not something that will allow us to be competitive, and it cost hundreds of millions of dollars a year in reduced revenue to the state, which put enormous pressure on those same programs.
Speaker 1: One of the few times out he's not even out campaigning against it. He's busy doing podcasts with Big Gretch and you can tell, because boy, that voice is gravelly.
Speaker 9: Governor Newsom and I actually agree because Governor knows that central Services will be the one that gets hurt of his passes.
Speaker 7: Election days November third, twenty twenty six, at the state Capitol, covering local news that matters. Hey, Tom Wallace, Fox forty News.
Speaker 1: Johnny, let's get quickly into the campaign for fighting against Prop thirty nine, because Ashley Zavala was there and she had some interesting questions for alex Badia about the way that their frame the voter ID bill Prop thirty nine. Here is casey.
Speaker 6: Any Democratic leaders are officially kicking off the campaign against the voter ID measure headed to voters this November.
Speaker 1: US Senator Alex Padilla was at the rally here in Sacra. I don't want case arey three political director ashans of Allah was there. So how are both sides prepping for November?
Speaker 6: Yeah, California Democrats very much making it clear today they will make this proposal about President Donald trumpet.
Speaker 2: Of course, which is funny because when you look at this subject, it's very similar to ballot harvesting, where the Democrats assume that ballot harvesting would help them beat Republicans, and what they found out is in practice it helps the DSA beat their people by opposing voter ID. They think they're going to stick it to the Republicans, when in fact, if they killed this thing, they're giving the DSA another tool to use to beat Democrats with. Because don't forget we just had a special election yesterday in the Bay Area to fill Eric's Wallwell seat and who won not the Democrat that the Democratic members of Congress wanted. The DSA candidate currently in the lead.
Speaker 6: And the fight against him. US Senator Alex by the headline today's no on Prop thirty nine event with other Democratic state lawmakers, legislative leaders like Senate ProTem Moniqulimon and as somebody speaker Robert Rives were also there now. Prop thirty nine specifically would require California voters to start showing their idea at the polls or provide the last four digits of an ID when they mail in their ballot.
Speaker 1: When you hear it presented that way, it sure seems like, all right, that's not a big deal. Where do you go that's.
Speaker 2: Regarded as something as being semi important where they don't require you to show picture ID the airport, the bank, getting on a cruise ship, going on a military base, going to costco rinting of.
Speaker 1: Well, no one rents videos anymore, but you get the idea. I think my old Blockbuster card did have my picture on it.
Speaker 6: Democrats say this will cost the state more money and create identity.
Speaker 1: There are people listening right now from the young generation that don't even understand the concept of renting a video.
Speaker 6: Theft in other security risks. But their main message was that this is basically President Donald Trump trying to bring his voter suppression agenda to California. I'm quoting there, but President Trump has actually not expressly endorsed Prop thirty nine. At last check, he has yet to even speak at all about Prop thirty nine.
Speaker 1: He doesn't even know what Prop thirty nine is.
Speaker 2: He's got bigger fish to fry right now than local elections in California.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about ending this endless war.
Speaker 4: I asked the.
Speaker 6: Group of Democrats about that today. Here's what Senator by the said.
Speaker 8: I mean, I talk about Prop thirty nine yet, but we know.
Speaker 1: How sure this is all about Trump, even though Trump has said nothing about this.
Speaker 2: This is their playbook. And by the way, this is why the DSAY is eating their lunch. Because as screwed up as the DSA is, at least they talk about issues, they talk about public policy, they talk about subjects. All the Democrats do is make Trump the central villain in every story, including stories that he has nothing to do with.
Speaker 1: It's the establishment that has failed to deliver over and over and over again, especially in California. These people in charge, and they haven't done a damned thing. It's no wonder that people are looking for an alternative, even if that alternative is the Insanity Party.
Speaker 8: It feels about vote by mail, he reminds us, at least on a weekly basis, he knows what he thinks about California and the integative California's elections, and we're continuing to suit and win to defend our honor. So yes, this is part of the greater Trump Republican agenda, no doubt the.
Speaker 12: Proponents of this measure.
Speaker 6: This all started because there is a build It didn't passed out of the state Assembly. Is that even get out of its first committee, and therefore the proponents launched his whole effort. They say that they actually want Republicans at the national.
Speaker 2: Level of the state out of this.
Speaker 6: Specifically, they're saying that there's a clear line between this and the say that, how would.
Speaker 4: You respond to that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: You got to nationalize everything. I mean, it works for them. Look how Gavin Newsom operated in the recall election, which was supposed to be a referendum on his performance as governor, and it turned out to be a referendum on abortion.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so funny is that this guy is a backbencher, Alex Padilla, and he's trying so hard to be someone who is a bold face name, a famous politician, and he does more media than so many members of the Senate, so many members of the California Dela Gation into the House. Yet I still think if he walked down Hollywood Boulevard, no one would know who he was.
Speaker 1: I if you asked random people in Hollywood Boulevard who are your senators, you would have most of them, say Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein.
Speaker 6: Republican is some of them. And Carl Demyo is one of the lead proponents who has noted Prop thirty nine is different from President Trumps Save Act, the key difference being the Save Act has more strict id requirements for voter registration, requiring a passport or a birth certificate. Prop thirty nine does not. Here's how Demayo responded to the No on thirty nine campaigns rally today.
Speaker 10: Here you have partisan politicians trying to inject division into what should be something that's quite unifying. In this in Washington, the Save Act very aggressive, lots of mandates. Prop thirty nine is a bipartisan response to that. It is a solution to voter id and that's why nearly half the signature for Prop thirty nine came from Democrats and independents because it is a common sense, balanced approach to improving public trust. And confidence in our elections. You don't have to like Donald Trump to vote yes on Prop thirty nine.
Speaker 1: The same Steve Hilton approach. You can hate MAGA and still vote for me.
Speaker 6: Now, to be clear, no Democratic elected official in California has come out to support Prop thirty nine. Again, this will be a fight between Republican and Democratic politicians heading into November. This is a partisan issue.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we've got a couple months out. What are the polls saying about it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so, Berkeley Igs actually just recently did one that shows that voters could reject it. Fifty one percent of respondents to that poll specifically said they would vote no, versus the forty two percent who voted yes. In the poll of more than four thousand Californians, Berkeley Igs used the actual language voters will see on the ballot, which says it will prohibit citizens from voting without a government issued ID.
Speaker 1: Thanks Bob Bonta.
Speaker 2: You know, this is another one of these issues, not that anyone pays attention to him that James Carville says the Democrats should embrace go back to the Clinton Democrats, go back to that crowd from the nineteen nineties, and I think Carville speaks for a lot of them. Anytime you see the Bill Clinton alums on TV, they tend to be cut from a very different cloth than the current crowd. But he doesn't see the problem with it. He doesn't think it's necessary that he doesn't think that there's a lot of widespread voter fraud going on. But he says, I don't understand the opposition to it, because when you oppose something like this, you make it seem like you're trying to cheat the system. You make it seem like you're trying to rig elections, and that's not a good look.
Speaker 6: Demayo and supporters of Prop thirty nine unsuccessfully try to get a judge to change it. Obviously, that's why, because it doesn't look good on the ballot.
Speaker 13: All right, Ashley, thank you so much for following them.
Speaker 1: So there you go. The campaign against Prop thirty nine has kicked off, and the face of it is Alex paedia.
Speaker 2: Well and Bob Bonta is probably the MVP for the No side because he did rig the election. He rigged the election by issuing a title and summary that is meant to sink the initiative, meant to trick people into voting against their own interests. Because when you ask the question normally, do you support a requirement a photo ID requirement to vote in elections, the answer was yes, two to one or more than two to one. But when you name it something else, preventing people from voting, act or whatever it is, then of course you're going to get a different result. Yeah, while we can either just complain about this, or the people behind thirty nine can start spending whatever money they have and getting as much earned media as they have to explain to people what Prop thirty nine and really is if they want to guess this thing over the threshold, because it's not such a big gap that they can't still win this thing, but they got to put all the stops out right now. And we can't just throw our hands up and blame Bonta.
Speaker 1: It's close, that's for sure. And Randy, you have an announcement to make. We did it. We hit five thousand subscribers on the channel. We are currently at five thousand and three. That means that we have to fulfill our promise and eventually do a show from Imperial Beach the Tijuana River Valley. We're not getting into the water, oh, boy, the captain's ready. We're going sailing. I'm ready for the Tijuana River, Katie, are you coming with us? We will start to have to plan that. Our idea is we're going to make Mike Nettter go with us because he's an expert in that area, and that'll be a very special podcast of the accountability podcast. What kind of boat do you think Art's going to get us? Yeah, this is KABC. We can't even afford a dinghy.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com and Randy. If you want to watch us perform the show live, go to Johnny Don't Like dot Com. Participate in the chat and click that like button Johnny don't Like dot Com.
Speaker 1: We do this live on video every single day and is a heck of a lot more fun, especially with the live response from the audience in the chatroom. React to the videos along with us. See what outfits we're where in. Check out our studios. It's all there at Johnny Don't Like dot Com. We are killing it right now and this thing is growing every single day and part of it is you're showing up to watch the live show, and the other part of it is you're hitting that like button, and the other part of it is you're commenting on all of our on demand content, including the Accountability Podcast. So thank you. We're still to look real impressive in this company.
Speaker 2: And a new edition of the Accountability Podcast drops right after we sign off the air today.
Speaker 1: At three pm. It's the world premiere of the newest episode of the Accountability Podcast. John and I are joined by Seneca Scott, who knows more about Oakland politics than pretty much anybody. As we get into the sheng Tao corruption case. That's right, I like that and all of the connections that Shang and the Dongs have to one, Bob t Bonta.
Speaker 10: Every type of leadership is about meeting the moment and rising to the occasion, and this is what's required, and so we're stepping up and getting it done.
Speaker 1: Make an appointment to watch it today at three pm. Make sure you hit the like button and leave a comment on the video. More comments, more engagement, gets more people watching it. So whether you have an opinion on Shanghy scandal, would you have opinion on if BoNT is going to go to prison next or you just write absolutely absolutely, it would sure help us out a lot.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: And coming up in short order, we're going on the road the Pineapple Hills Saloon and Grill. We're gonna be there on Friday, September fourth, two weeks from Friday, from noon to three pm. We'll be there with our friends from the Howard Jarvis Taxpay Association, like Susan Shelley, as we promote Prop forty three, the state Prop. Thirteen Act, the Local Taxpayer Protection Act that is on the ballot. You can get yard signs and what have you. Another swag hang out with us, Johnny. Excuse me, I was about to say hang out with us, Johnny, don't like dot com. You can also do that because we're going to broadcast it on video. But head to the Pineapple Hill in Sherman Oaks Friday, September fourth, from noon to three all right, The.
Speaker 2: Los Angeles City Council just decided that there aren't enough bums on the streets the city of.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles, thanks to a motion from everybody's favorite jackass who goes too Martinez.
Speaker 12: Yeah, let's criminalize kind of list of converters, let's criminalize.
Speaker 1: Copper has decided to rescind what is called a forty one to eighteen zone. Forty one to eighteen is a municipal code passed in the city of Los Angeles back in twenty eighteen. I believe that would ban homeless encampments for specific areas. When we're talking about areas near schools, areas near any kind of sensitive areas. You could say, all right, we as a city are going to vote that this block cannot have a homeless encampment. Then you have to put up signs that say you gotta go, then they can clear the encampment. That's how slow this process takes. It is largely ineffective because we don't really enforce this. But Hugo has decided and his DSA friends to just say, screw it, we don't need any of these because the homeless should be allowed to do all the things that they're doing right in front of your house and right in front of your kid's school. Now that's quite an education. For more on this, we've got to Fox eleven and you guessed it. Matthew Seedorf.
Speaker 14: Tonight, a major reversal in Hollywood, the LA City council just lifted anti camping bands at twelve locations, limiting how the city can clear homeless and campas.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm trying to figure out right now. You know, we're in Culver City, but we're like right on the border of Culver City, you know, like one street away from us is Venice Boulevard and Robertson And there's a Del Taco right there, And there's a tent that has been sitting outside on the street outside of that Del Taco for a week now. I'm not sure if that's the City of LA's fault or Culver City's fault, but it's real embarrassing and I don't like seeing it. Maybe they're just a big fan of the tacos.
Speaker 14: Supporters say the old rules failed. Opponents say sidewalks in public spaces could become harder to keep clear. Fox eleven's Matthew Seedorf.
Speaker 2: What I don't understand is that if you own a small restaurant, own a small business and your bathroom and your shop is not eighty eight compliant, they will find you. They will threaten to go after your license, they will threaten to shut you down. They will do everything they can do to you to make you submit. Get you look at these streets where all of these tents and all of these bums block the access for pedestrians from getting around. But I don't even know what you do if you're in a wheelchair, because frequently, if you're a pedestrian, at least you could walk into traffic and try to avoid the cars to get around it. But if you're in a scooter or a wheelchair, I don't know what the hell you do.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: I remember very specifically there was a massive homeless encampment under the one to one freeway at Gower and a woman in a wheelchair could not get through the sidewalk because of all the tents and encampments, so she rolled onto the street where she got run over.
Speaker 13: Hollywood with the latest Matthew.
Speaker 4: Well, Laura, some of these no camping zones have been in place for about five years, and now they're being removed.
Speaker 1: I want the city that I grew up in, where you didn't need forty one eighteen.
Speaker 4: A major decision.
Speaker 1: We've had some terrible council presidents. Markquezy makes me wish for the days of Paul Grecorian.
Speaker 4: He is awful in that La City Hall ten Nice three knows the council voting to end a dozen forty one to eighteen no camping zones across Hollywood, Silver Lake and Echo Park.
Speaker 12: As far as I know, I don't think I've ever heard of a forty one eighteen zone being removed the.
Speaker 1: Motion from You know, he's a young guy and he's got one hell of a combover going on. How old is he, Hugo Soto Martinez. He's got to be in his thirties, right, Hugo Soto Martinez, member of the Los Angeles City Council. I'm going to put for his age. Come on, are we hiding his age somebody? He was born in This is public knowledge, right, we should know how old Hugo is. Yeah, he's not like an actress from the nineteen thirties. Well, we can figure this out, right, If he got his bachelor's degree from UC Irvine, thanks Katie Porter, in two thousand and six, so he was probably like what twenty two twenty three in two thousand and six, he's probably my age. So let's say he's like late thirties, early forties. Kiddo lost a lot of hair.
Speaker 4: District thirteen council member Hugo.
Speaker 1: So nobody does their hair like that unless they are really trying to cover up something.
Speaker 4: Sodo Martinez passed in a ten to three vote.
Speaker 11: When I put up a forty one eighteen to protect the parks and to protect kids, it's for a reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Surprisingly, the one person who besides Tracy Park that was like, are you guys insane? Was homegirl Ammelda Padilla.
Speaker 13: The neighborhood kids, the down As kids don't like it.
Speaker 1: You know, everyone Once in a while, she does make sense.
Speaker 4: One of those no votes, district councilwoman Jamelda Padilla, well, I think forty one eighteen is one of those tools that we need.
Speaker 13: I have asked for some forty one eighteens in my district.
Speaker 11: He generally votes no.
Speaker 2: So I saw this as one of those days where you know'll treat your colleagues as you wish to be treated.
Speaker 1: Well, bitchy. I love it. I love that she says it's just strictly paidback. She will occasionally get real.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: She has gone on podcasts and gone after Nythia, whose district neighbors her district, which is where I live, and has said that Nithia's constituents call her because they know if they call Nythia, no one's going to do anything about the homeless encampment. If they call Amelda, Amelda will try to get something done, usually by threatening Nythia that if you don't clean this crap up, I will. Did you see she was caught on a hot mic recently where she said that she was looking on social media and she surprised to see that people thought she was stupid, broken windy theory. Poor girl, she's one of the I wouldn't say one of the good ones because I live in that district and Balboa Park is a nightmare. But she's one of the less bad ones. How about that? Who was the other good vote? It had to be what John Lee? Yeah, every once in a while he does the right thing.
Speaker 4: This is one of the telest spots that the counsel member is resenting. It looks like there's already people camping here.
Speaker 1: Get used to it. I gotta get out. I've got to get out there. One of our listeners, Cindy, keeps emailing me listings of little condos in sal Solito and Marin County. I gotta get out.
Speaker 4: Have they been enforcing that no I don't think so. Nearby worker Jazz wonders what will happen next?
Speaker 5: Some people like hanging out around the area, and it just doesn't feel good about us going home at night.
Speaker 1: WHOA, that's a lot of ink, all right now, Johnny. We try to, you know, be as gracious as we can to our radio listeners who do not get to see the image that is on the screen. So you're gonna have to do your best radio and describe what we are seeing on the television.
Speaker 2: Well, my screen is kind of small, so I can't really get down to the granular detail you.
Speaker 1: Need to make her bigger.
Speaker 2: She's got tattoos all over her body, including one a whole body image. I can't tell if that's Jesus or Michael grows from family ties. But the leg goes right down the middle of her cleavage.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter what the story is, it doesn't matter what the topic is. Matthew Seedorf and his producers find the most interesting people to get. Men on the street comments.
Speaker 4: Are some of the safe on the street. Many are curious to his more.
Speaker 1: Ink on that last and in a classroom, Yeah, no kidding, it's get real. Then it's going to trend to a none other bad area because it's not getting any better.
Speaker 12: Think ground Game for always being there on the front lines with folks CELA.
Speaker 1: The ground Game LA is a incredibly hostile DSA affiliated nonprofit that are the people that go and protest the LAPD cleaning up criminal homeless encampments, holding up signs that say house keys not handcuffs.
Speaker 2: Keep in mind, though this guy not only got elected, but didn't he get re elected to Yes.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, Hollywood, you have nobody to blame about yourselves. You had a very very solid candidate in Dylan Kendall, who is very common sense but no Hugo. The ds say jackass wins outright in his primary. Unisses the DSA jackass one outright in her primary. And then because things were already so bad on the West Side that the West Side has come back from all the madness, Tracy Park wins outright in her primary from a DSA or because they had the og DSA person. Meth Bonnen.
Speaker 12: Crodic Socialists of America.
Speaker 4: Pseudo Martinez tells Fox eleven that forty one eighteen makes it more.
Speaker 2: I gotta get out what was he saying about the Democratic Socialists of America.
Speaker 1: They support making sure that we don't clear the homeless encampments, of course, because they want us to look more third world.
Speaker 12: That's equity for always being there on the front lines with folks.
Speaker 1: SILA.
Speaker 12: Democratic Socialists of America.
Speaker 1: SODO, boy, We're just it's like an Academy Award acceptance speech congratulating themselves for not clearing homeless encampments.
Speaker 2: People, you keep voting for these DSA candidates, the whole country can look like that.
Speaker 4: Martinez tells Fox eleven that forty one eighteen makes it more difficult to engage with and support people experiencing homelessness. Well, the city's new chair of the Homelessness Committee, Councilwoman Isabel Herado's.
Speaker 1: That's right. Now we put another Well, we already had a DSA or in charge of homelessness, Innthia, but they're mad Atnthia for running for mayor, so they put the brand new dsay or in charge of homelessness. Isabel Hirado, who is a complete disaster.
Speaker 4: Says, I am open to a serious and transparent conversation about how forty one eighteen is being used, what results it is producing, and what its future should be now.
Speaker 1: One of the arguments that they'll make is, well, we don't enforce this law anyway, so why do we have it.
Speaker 2: These people are clueless as bad as you think Bass is, and Bass is awful.
Speaker 1: The city council is worse. Yes, and we live in a city where it is a strong city council and a weak mayor. These people are fifteen mini mayors in their little slice of this awful joke of a city. Sending the police to give people. Have I mentioned I got to get out of here tickets in my community almost always makes the thing worse. Well.
Speaker 4: Tuesday's vote impacts twelve no camping zones across LA. Council Member Sodo Martinez.
Speaker 2: If you don't want those protections in your district, that's a decision you can make and explain to your constituents.
Speaker 1: Some By the way, Tracy Park is scheduled to be on this show tomorrow, and I believe she will have a lot to say about this.
Speaker 4: Good counse members believe it could spread. This Today's decision worry you, It does worry.
Speaker 11: It worries me to the extent that I don't want to see more council members resentd this.
Speaker 4: Martin.
Speaker 1: How about a story where Ammelda Padilla comes out looking like the smartest person in the room. She is street pavements that are cooler.
Speaker 5: As was.
Speaker 1: There's a term that people use for her, but we will not say it on the air. No, but some would call it a term of endearment. I'm sure someone in the chat will figure it out.
Speaker 4: Available to speak with us tonight. Right now, it's unclear how much it could cost to remove those no camping signs in Hollywood, Matthew Seedo or Fox Lovenues.
Speaker 13: Well, you sort of touched on this, Matthew.
Speaker 14: The chances that it could be replicated at other parts of the city, What do you think the chances are?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, just speaking with that council member, it seems like that's one of her concerns. Now, it's unclear what other council members might be interested in making this sort of move. But also it does seem possible, especially given what happened today with the ten to three vote.
Speaker 13: All right, Matthew Sedor, thank you so much for that report.
Speaker 1: A vast majority of the La City Council said we're not even going to try to clear a homeless encampment no, and this is the problem.
Speaker 2: The political will in the city is behind the bums and not behind the taxpayers.
Speaker 1: It is why I am actively looking to move out of the city of Los Angeles. I would love to not have to vote in this stupid election.
Speaker 2: And you don't really have an option for mayor because both of them. Well, I assume Nitia voted with the majority on this, and I assume that bass is going to sign it.
Speaker 1: Of course she is. Everyone's on the same page here, And if.
Speaker 2: You want to watch the show live, including not just us but our guest after the news at two, Bill Schultz, firmly of Red Eye, you can do that very easily at Johnny.
Speaker 1: Don't like dot com, Johnny, don't like dot com, Johnny. With the why, it's the best way to experience this show. You won't be productive at all, but you'll have a hell of a lot of fun every single day from noon to three. Now, Johnny, we just got an email for our people in production that they want us to record a new promo for Pineapple Hill, but they want us to do it after the show, which means that I'm going to have to be stuck in even worse traffic if I don't leave here exactly at three zho one. So what if we did it right now? Well, that's a novel concept. Do you have the copy in front of you? I do all right, You do your line, and then I'll do my line, and then we'll just keep going and then I'll send this to Herman. Kickoff Labor Day weekend with us, The John Phillips Show returns to the Pineapple Hill Saloon and Grill Friday, September fourth for a live broadcast.
Speaker 2: Susan Shelley of the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association joins us to discuss Prop forty three, the Local Taxpayer Protection Act. Come by, say hi and say no to more taxes and yes on forty three and yes to more French dips are club sandwiches plus stag, some free yard signs, doorhanngers, and campaign swag.
Speaker 1: To help spread the word that John Phillips Show live from Pineapple Hills Saloon and Grill, Friday, September fourth, from noon to three on seven ninety KABC. There and we did it in one take. Look at you multitasking. If I stay here an extra five minutes, it's like an extra ten minutes on that four h five.
Speaker 2: Now, what would you have done if they set you an email saying they want you to record a spec spot for erectiled dysfunction pills.
Speaker 1: We're doing that on the air too. Hey it's Randy for Blueeshee. I've been in radio for twenty years. I do pick my products that I endorse, but I have been known from time to time to do spec spots for those clients as well.
Speaker 2: I wonder how companies like that pick their celebrity endorse her like. I'll tell you if I was a guy who ran an erectiled dysfunction pill company, I think I'd hire Chas Bono.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad we're about to go to break.
Speaker 2: We've got one more hour coming up. Bill Schultz joins us, don't you go anywhere