Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and and He.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Yetti.
Speaker 4: Abolish the police, Abolish Ice, abolished borders, abolished the Senate, abolished the Constitution. It's an extreme political ideology that is gaining traction. The Democrat leadership has lost control. They know it, and people like Alexandria Ocassio Cartez Hong in Wisconsin, Abdua l Saiet in Michigan. You talked about the big tent. The Democrat Jewish Attorney General of Michigan cannot even go to her party's nominating convention because she says I won't be because of the supporters of abdul l say ed.
Speaker 5: It is not hyperbole to suggest that we are in a battle for the Constitution of the United States and the way that constitution has given us such a wonderful way of life, so much opportunity, so much safety. And nobody knows that better than our colleague Jason Rantz, who holds down afternoon Drive on one of the great conservative radio stations in America, Seattle Read seven seventy AM. Jason joins us now. Jason, how are you, my friend. I'm doing well. Thanks for having me excellent. Oh it's a pleasure. I'm so glad you had a little bit of time. You based out of Seattle. You're a man of the Pacific Northwest, which is one of my favorite places on earth. My daughter lives not very far from you. Watching the progressives damage your state and city is painful, and it's got to be painful for you, but at the same time kind of energizing. Help people understand what Washington State looks like in what direction it's headed these days.
Speaker 6: Oh, we're certainly not going in the right direction. The biggest fight right now is, well, there's actually quite a few fights coming into this election. We've got three initiatives on the ballot that have been forwarded by conservatives.
Speaker 7: One is to reverse course.
Speaker 6: For the twelfth time on an income tax that Democrats keep trying to impose on all of us. They have completely rigged the system to make it as difficult as humanly possible to get rid of this income tax. But we're obviously going to fight for that. The other two issues, one having to do with a pro bill of rights, which no longer exists in the state of Washington. After voters passed it, the Democrat legislature said, now we're going to just reverse course on what the voters wanted, and the final one would ban transgender girls from competing against biological girls in high school sports. All three poll on the side of conservatives because I don't think they're viewed as political issues, at least not inherently. That these are issues that, regardless of how one identifies politically, can say, yeah, this is not something we want in our state. Democrats continue to ignore it. So now it's going to the people. Seattle specifically, we're seeing an increase in crime again, homelessness is getting out of control, and we have a mayor who's a socialist who's never held a real job in her life, and she's not handling this position very well, to the point where even left wing media is calling her out for incompetence.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Katie Wilson, the mayor of Seattle, reminds me of Francesca Hong, the woman child who wants to be governor of Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: They're kind of cut.
Speaker 5: From the same cloth, Dreamy. I mean, at least Francesca Hong has been a cook. I mean, she's had a job, tend's bar now and.
Speaker 3: Again, but kind of that dreamy.
Speaker 5: All they know is what they learned in their social classes at college, supported by mom and dad. Still, it's just shocking to me that these people get elected.
Speaker 6: Well, the good news is, at least in Wisconsin, she'll win tonight, hok will win the primary. She's not going to get elected. There's no one, sirius, who thinks she stands a shot in Wisconsin for governor. It's the same thing in Michigan, where you know privately Democrats will acknowledge, yeah, there's no way Abdul al Sayed is going to win this. He's too extreme for Michigan. The threat for Republicans would have been Hayley Stevens. Different take in Seattle and Washington, right, I mean, we are deeply, deeply, deeply blue. We are unapologetically blue, and Seattle is the worst of the worst. So you can get someone like a Katie Wilson or el Said or Hong and they could.
Speaker 7: In fact win there.
Speaker 6: And that's the scary part where people don't look at these people at the local level where I'm from and say, Okay, I guess I agree with them ideologically, but they don't have any experience, and I don't want to turn over the reins to a major city with a huge budget to someone like that simply because I agree with them ideologically. There's got to be someone else who I can align with, who actually comes with some experience. We don't vote like that, and we suffer the consequences as a result.
Speaker 5: We've all watched San Francisco take a turn towards the sane.
Speaker 3: Daniel Lurry's the mayor there, and.
Speaker 5: He's no Conservative, but he's the sort of fellow that you're describing. He can perceive reality and tell you about it. I see in Vancouver, which is one of the great places on Earth, that the police have been ordered to stop citing shoplifting and public hard drug use. I mean, doubling down on the absolutely corrosive policies that we've seen fail so miserably everywhere else.
Speaker 7: Well, and that's the sad part about all of this. This is twenty twenty six.
Speaker 6: This is in twenty twenty through twenty twenty three, where out of the defund police and the abolition has had a whole lot of control and decided to completely redefine what policing and prosecution meant and meant, and we all saw the results of that. We saw crime skyrocket. Only recently, in the last couple of years have we seen those numbers to start coming back down to where they used to be pre COVID.
Speaker 7: Because you know, it's kind of like going on a diet.
Speaker 6: It takes a very long time to lose like ten pounds, and then you go to Vegas for the weekend and then you gain fifteen. It's really, really, really easy to destroy our communities and lead to this rise in crime. It takes a long time to go back to normal, and that's what we've seen, only for Vancouver to reverse course. And again this was all by design that not to get two in the weeds. But the reason why they're doing this in Vancouver is because the Washington State Supreme Court, which is dominated by liberals, lowered the threshold for the minimum or the excuse me, the maximum cases that a public defender can hold, and every prosecutor outside of Seattle and King County said, we don't have enough, you know, defenders for this for what you're asking, and if you change these rules, you're gonna make it so that we can't actually prosecute we're gonna have to just release people. We're not even gonna be able to charge them. And this is a direct result. They ignored all of the complaints coming from the prosecuting attorney's office because they're the ones who have to fund the public defender's offices. They just ignored all of that. They implemented the plan, and now we're seeing the results. And again, this is not just specifically to Vancouver. If you go all around the state of Washington, you're going to see similar instances in which criminals are being let go because they just don't have public defenders to handle the cases.
Speaker 5: We're talking to a Jason Rantz, you know, Jason, occasionally I'll take off my patriot and concerned citizen hat and just put on my political science, you know, analyst hat. And I've got to tell you the far left were it was in genius that they ran their candidates for district attorney, county attorney, that sort of thing, county prosecutor, and got the Marxists in and took over the school boards, while the rest of us were assuming that, well, everybody has the same values because we all grew up.
Speaker 3: With them, we were taught them. We love this country. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: That was a stroke of evil genius, but as you indicate, digging our way out of the holes that that's created, and we need to win back those offices and then spend years ondoing this stuff.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 6: And you know, generally conservatives and independence to a degree, just by their definition of being an independent, we're not particularly organized. And the far left is they are very organized. A lot of them do this professionally, you know, sort of live in this activist space. They take advantage of younger voters who, especially during primaries when the turnout is generally low.
Speaker 7: As long as you're organized.
Speaker 6: You bring out x amount of people depending on where it is you live, it's almost a guarantee that you're going to win in the primary. That doesn't always translate to general election wins. Sometimes it does, but it doesn't always, and they've been.
Speaker 7: Able to take advantage of that.
Speaker 6: You combine in I'm glad you brought up specifically like school board races. Those also are just low turnout elections. Even in generals, you've got people who vote who have no clue who they're voting for. They look, oh, I like that name, I have an aunt named Susie, I'll vote for her. That's how they tend to vote on these races, especially if you don't have any kids, you're not paying his close attention to it.
Speaker 5: And if they vote at all, and the teachers exact, the teachers Union vote to vote every single time.
Speaker 6: One hundred percent. And that's where the organizational stuff comes into play. And that's on us, right, I mean, the people who are listening. I guarantee you there's a huge number of people who didn't even vote. And if they did vote, they didn't vote on every single election. And if they did vote on every single election, I guarantee they didn't do the enough research on all the candidates before.
Speaker 7: They decided to vote. And that needs to change.
Speaker 5: Well, we got to keep browbeating them in anyway. That's what people tune in for, a good solid browbeating. To your point about organizing, You remember when Barack Obama first came on the scene and we were told he was a community organizer, and three quarters of America said, what the hell's a community organizer? But they know on the left, and you know, the irony is what we're calling for is individualists of the world unite. I mean it's just not in our nature. But we'd better and quick.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Again, we seed power to folks who hold minority viewpoints, and yet they have control over the legislatures, they have control over the culture because we've allowed them to take over. We know when we pull individual topics. Defund police is a perfect example of that. Open borders. We know where the American people, regardless of their political ideology stand. They are against police defunding, they are against open borders, and yet they're not voting, and if we can fire them to vote. And some of that, by the way, is on conservatives in particular, who I think send a bad message about elections being stolen. I think systems can be rigged to make it difficult to win.
Speaker 7: I hope that view.
Speaker 6: But elections don't need to be stolen if people aren't voting. So even if you were to believe that the tallies are being manipulated behind the scenes, make it hard for them that go ahead and vote and make it more difficult for them to steal anything, if that's what you truly believe.
Speaker 7: And I don't believe that.
Speaker 6: I think that we are losing because we don't get out the vote, and there are too many people on our side who have decided to give up because they think the system is so corrupt that they can't win elections.
Speaker 7: But you're ganding over the election to the left.
Speaker 5: Jason, I agree with you one hundred percent. I think it's an absolutely great point. Perhaps the most corrosive force in you know, politics are running a country is a comfort. Being comfortable because you stop doing the work. In our generation, I'll take the blame. I don't think we did a good job of convincing our children how important liberty is and limited government and how sacred our rights are because we assume we got comfortable. We assumed everybody agreed. But keep keep preaching the good word. Jason, love it big fan. Jason Rants, host of The Jason Rant Show on Seattle Red seven to seventy a m. In the afternoon, where we're honored to be on in the morning. Thanks Milling, Jason, good to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having me appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 5: Jason's also I didn't want to kiss his butt too much, but he's a terrific writer and appears on Fox News semi regularly.
Speaker 3: And that sort of thing. I don't know how he finds the time and energy.
Speaker 5: This mess is all I can take, combined with you know, family responsibilities and having something like a personal life.
Speaker 3: But anyways, terrific, terrific guy in a hell of a.
Speaker 5: Talent, so so much more to get to. Hope you can stay around if you can. As always subscribed to the podcast Armstrong and Getty on.
Speaker 2: Demand see Armstrong and Yetti shot.
Speaker 5: But we take a quick look at the situation nan Iran, the Gulf of Hormuz, I'm sorry, the Straits of Hormuz at Ceau's Kirsimmons on NBC to.
Speaker 8: The stalemate over the Strait of Hamus, Iran demanding what would amount of billions of dollars before it will stop attacking commercial ships in the strait, and President Trump now pushing back, the President pointing to decades of deadly Iranian attacks on US soldiers and what the UN calls Iran's alarming increase in executions of Iranian protesters, and Iran demanding more concessions than the previous ceasefire, including that the US military leave the region, the renewed standoff, suggesting the Strait of Hamus will not reopen anytime soon.
Speaker 5: So you had the alleged agreement and that's fine, Michael, we won't use that other clip you had, the alleged agreement that keeps getting you know, put off and rescinded, and it's just a joke. And the Iranians come back with a yeah, well, we need you to withdraw all your forces and pay us billions of dollars in reparations and never attack us again, and never attack our proxies again, and we want to air Force one and utah, I mean, just making hilarious demands. And Trump responded yesterday with yeah, well, we want reparations for every soldier you've killed, all the damage all your proxies have done, all the attacks through the years, starting with the embassy in nineteen seventy nine. And as a professional wise ass I appreciate the wise assory of it, but it's really not getting us anywhere except signaling to them that they can f right off. However, that leaves us where we were yesterday. I think a handful of headlines real quickly to give you a description of where we are. The journal says Gulf States accept a new normal and horm moves, Iran is in control. Oil and gas exporters dislike the emerging deal to reopen the waterway, but see it as the least bad option version. Golf energy producers are concluding that Iran's control over the Strait of Hormus will become permanent, disrupting their oil and gas exports and global energy supplies indefinitely. The problem is, they worded, the alternative going back to war would be worse. That's true unless the US and the Gulf states in the world decided the Islamist supremacist violence, terror exporting lunatics of Iran need to be defeated once and for all, and I don't think I see that well. Around the National Review Rights, Iran is rewiring its proxy network. They mentioned that the IRGC goons are going out into the axis of resistance, the Gulf States, you know, just all over the place, Lebanon, Iraq, Yemen, wherever their proxies ooch about.
Speaker 3: You know, Hamas is certainly on that list.
Speaker 5: And they're teaching them new methods of organization and fighting and de set. Essentially, they're teaching them how to organize into smaller, decentralized cells outside the traditional militia hierarchies that they've always used to make the network more resilient and less vulnerable to decapitation strikes. They're describing it as strategic integration in Iran. So they're trying to rewire because they want to continue to fight for Islamic supremacy all over the region and all over the globe, and harden themselves against the ability of the West to fight against them. Another headline Iran's mysterious ruler signal is a hard line on Trump with new leadership. Evidently, according to our intelligence guys, weird Beard Junior is still alive, badly injured, but he's still wasting oxygen by breathing. But he has to the extent that he's in charge. He has appointed absolute murderous hard asses in domestic security. So if anybody so much as suggests, hey, the US has kind of a point, you will get tortured to death. They've gone harder, hardcore than the folks that machine gun dollar citizens in the streets. And finally, Trump's blockade keeps the economic pressure on Iran. That appears to be our strategy. We're going to squeeze them economically till they give. But will they give?
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty thee Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: Sad news from California.
Speaker 9: Jackie of the beloved bald eagle duo Jackie in Shadow, watched by millions on the Big Bear live feed, died about three weeks after being attacked by two other bald eagles and taken to a rehab facility. She raised six eaglets over the years and was believed to be fourteen years old.
Speaker 3: First of all, eagles don't have names.
Speaker 5: Secondly, if that's what happens in nature, that's what happens in nature. I could blame California being soft on crime for this horrific crime.
Speaker 3: But it was interesting. Katie was telling us.
Speaker 5: I think it was off the air yesterday that the vet center where the eagle was being cared for HM was just so inundated by calls and people showing up that they could barely do their thing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the people were showing up, not only at the center, but at the care people that were taking care of their homes. Somehow they found there are there, you know, their residents.
Speaker 3: This whole thing.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's it's sad, and I get it, but like you said, nature took its.
Speaker 3: Course, Jackie.
Speaker 7: You here, where's Jackie? Jeez?
Speaker 5: Again? Mister president. Coincidentally, Jackie has passed. Ah yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't. I guess we need the softhearted in the overly emotional in humanity. I believe in balance and that sort of thing. But look, there is no crueler bitch on earth than Mother Nature. Pardon my frank terminology A and B. While there aren't that many bald eagles in where was Jackie?
Speaker 3: Big bear? Big bear? Okay? Beautiful, yeah, beautiful part of southern California. I've just been.
Speaker 5: I'm just back from Alaska, where I can report that they're like crows.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of them, a hell of a lot of them.
Speaker 5: So if eagles did what eagles do and Jackie's dead, that's just the way it goes.
Speaker 3: I let the mighty eagles again, I think you missed the lead. The eagle is dead.
Speaker 5: So I'm sure i'll get angry emails about how insensitive I am. No, I just I like nature and I understand human beings don't get to tell nature how to be nature. Yeah, so I'm not gonna dwell on this, I promise. The whole WNBA controversy that really heated up when this DJNA is at her name dj Na Carrington Pole axed Sophie Cunningham in the head and it was a flagrant too foul as they say in the basketball business, which meant she got ejected. And then she went to the locker room, Miss Carrington, and and messaged out on her app of choice hashtag white privilege, hashtag Indiana anyway, and everybody's like, what the hell are you talking about. You practically killed this woman and you got ejected. It has nothing to do with race.
Speaker 3: Well, she has broken her silence, Katie. Oh good, she.
Speaker 5: Said, quote, I already spoke with people who potentially will have the agency to create the change that I'm hoping comes about out from not just this incident, but ones in the past that are obviously going to be coming up in the future probably. Okay, so you talk to a bunch of awoke, you know, black supremacist, white hating people who convinced you that, yes, we're we're working to tear down the patriarchy, blah blah blah. Okay, great, oh my god, you professional racists. And then this one more, one more note on the WNBA, just because I thought this was really good writing. All it took to collapse an entire sect of gender ideology was two alpha males declaring they identify as women and entering the WNBA draft. I'm going to show you the genius of what they did. The two ex NBA players, Enis Canner Freedom and Royce White didn't argue against the absurd premise that gender is fluid. That's a losing play. The better play is to enter the illusion and destroy it by taking the illusion to the logical extreme. So that's exactly what they did. They embraced the premise that gender is fluid and took it to the logical extreme, laring for the WNBA draft. Now they are forcing liberals to face the absurdity of their own ideology. Gender ideology's core claim is that sex is irrelevant and identity is sovereign. Trans women are women. Self id is enough. Now the WNBA, which is in many ways a major liberal institution, faces a big dilemma. They have to either a allow the two to enter the WNBA draft and admit women is just a feeling and this is absurd and will destroy the product. It will just be another men's league. Or b draw line and say they don't qualify. That concedes self id is not enough and biology matters. This would be a public abandonment of the progressive doctrine. Either path burns the ideology to the ground, which is hilarious. Take notes, everyone, two dudes literally just made one of the greatest persuasion plays of the decade, which, by the way, the Armstrong and Getty Show has been calling for for years. We've been asking somebody to do this and they have perhaps not answered our call, but they've a hanswer or the obvious call. And I could not be more delighted.
Speaker 3: To quote you from our group chat. Christmas has come early. Yeah, oh yeah, I'm so excited about this. Uh.
Speaker 5: Let's bingo Bango ban go. A couple other other stories. This is unbelievable. The Wall Street Journal often there or reportage is liberal because they hire these yay who's from the Columbia School at journalism, these twenty six year olds who are steeped and indoctrinated and the rest of it, and they probably try to straighten them out a little, but you get crap like this, and this is actually it's a really good it's an important article. It's about when Trump declared last month that US elections were vulnerable, claiming that a quarter million non citizens were registered to vote. A day later, Department of Home Land Security said the striking number actually just covered four states.
Speaker 3: And you probably heard this.
Speaker 5: New Jersey Governor Mikey Cheryl knew her state had a problem because of what she called a glitch in the motor voter mechanism where when you register to vote or to drive rather to get a license, you're automatically registered to vote, but you have to check a box and I a citizen or not. And she claims, and this may well be true, that the software registered people to vote whether they were citizens or not, and even if you selected no, it would register you'd to vote anyway, even though you're not supposed to the number of those who voted was relatively small. Say these reporterrets, and I think it's one dude in the Wall Street Journal, And I only point out their sex because women are undeniably, you know, in terms of percentage, is more progressive than men. So whenever I see a and maybe this makes me a bad person, but whenever I see a byline that has three women writing on it, I think, oh, there's a good chance it's going to be kind of progressive.
Speaker 3: And if it's not. It's not, and I admit so.
Speaker 5: But this is so you remember how there's no voter fraud and there are no foreigners on the rolls, and we don't have to worry about it. Well, for instance, in New Jersey, the governor has admitted they're little under seven thousand non citizens registered just in the space of a year, seven thousand, but only about four hundred voted. Okay, So now we're up to John Stewart, who is very smug about this point, as were lots of progressive commentators. So there are hundreds who voted just in New Jersey, and I don't know this to be true. There are sources in the administration who think the numbers are higher, both the non citizens and who voted. But even if we were to take Mikey Cheryl at her word, almost seven thousand registered and four hundred or so who voted, that's a hell of a long way from voter fraud is practically it's incredibly rare in America, which we've been told over and over and over again. The DHS went on to name New Jersey, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and California is the states Trump alleged in his address his addressed to have a quarter million non citizens on their voting role. The states have responded to the DHS, saying the agency has provided no methodology, proof, or details they can use to verify its claim. State officials also say that without access to the full voter roles, DHS can't make any accurate assessment of non citizen registration, but they don't want to give that information to the FEDS to check because they fear that that private voter information will be misused by the federal government. The angle of this Wall Street Journal article that annoyed me so much is they think that DHS doing this is going to hurt people's faith and elections, and that they're really they're casting doubt on these states and gosh, they can't be true trusted with with the voter rolls, and says Francisco Aguilar, the Democratic Secretary of State in Nevada, quote, I feel like I'm in a UFC chokehold. Everything we have to do has to be perfect. Yeah, like not have non citizens on the rolls. If they're on the roles, kick them off and don't let them vote. It's unbelievable. And voter voter has been the law on California effortless. A voter registration in one form or another has been the law for a very very long time, but there's been no mechanism to check the validity of the people, or at least none that they've they've used. So it'll be really interesting to see how this hash is out.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: This is a perfect example of I wish Trump would keep would stop doing stupid stuff so he could do the really really smart stuff, Like, look, folks, we've had tens of millions of people coming to this country, many of them illegally. A lot of states have practically no barrier to register for the vote.
Speaker 3: We probably ought to take a look at our voter rolls. I mean, that's not that's not a.
Speaker 5: Belligerent thing to say. That's not a racist thing to say. It's not even a conservative thing to say. It's just a sane thing to say. And if the Trump administration is making these states fess up like mikey Cheryl in New Jersey good not no, I'm sorry, not good?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 3: All right, Katie, you're a new mom. Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: These are two closely related stories. Okay, headline number one. University of Michigan drops first semester grades. First semester in college, you will get no grades. It's just past. Fail to curb mental health crisis.
Speaker 3: Oh, for the love.
Speaker 5: The pilot program aims to ease pressure on freshmen and help them adjust to the demands of college.
Speaker 10: How does that help them adjust to the demands of college. That's doing the opposite, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Well, they are arguing that you ease them in because they're in a new place. They've not been in college. They got a roommate, they got the professors, they're not used to it. They're stressed, they're scared, they're anxious, and they we can't give them grades or they'd freak out.
Speaker 10: Does the real world ease us in?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Well, see, that's that's the thing, And that's one of the aspects of progressivism that I don't understand. Although, well, I'm going to get to the second closely related story.
Speaker 3: In a second. This is this is the mental health crisis.
Speaker 5: Isn't the disease though, it's the symptom of the disease, And everybody's arguing about the symptom and treating the symptom. I mean, they're putting essentially a little hydro cortisone the idea that the kids, and they're all most of them are legally adults.
Speaker 3: Although haw haw haw.
Speaker 5: If you know many eighteen year olds, they're just putting a salve on the symptom and ignoring the disease, which is that our eighteen year olds get to college not able to absorb a bee if they get a bee. Yeah, and that I mean, that is a hot house flower. That is a veal calf. And Katie, long before you joined the show, I tried to get going the nation that we're raising a nation of veal calves. And I was right, and I continue to be right, and I'm an activist against it.
Speaker 3: But we have a serious problem.
Speaker 5: Here's your related story, and it takes the right angle on this story in the New York Times. Should letting children play alone outside be a crime? Some parents have been surprised to find themselves in the legal systems crosshairs, and they, of course open with an individual gallon or her husband who let their son, their six year old son ride his scooter to the playground that's like right over there, okay, and ride back on a scooter. Well, some gal saw this kid doing that stopped him questioned him, followed him in the car, and then reported him to the county Division of Family and Children's Services. This is, I think in Georgia, Wait.
Speaker 10: Reported him on what ground?
Speaker 5: Yes, in the Atlanta area. Let's see the official inadequate supervision for a child. Child neglect essentially, And these parents who believe in free range parenting, which I do and did when I was raising my kids, are just a gas.
Speaker 3: They're astounded.
Speaker 5: And the case manager explained that a complaint had been filed, that she would need to inspect their home and interview their son at school. And the case manager actually said to them, when we were up, our parents would be like, oh, you know, go ahead, it's fine. But now he would have to be like thirteen to scooter himself to the park that's right around the corner. And mister Pleasance that's their name, said thirteen. Is that the law quite sensible? And the case manager said, I mean they're going to consider that inadequate supervision for him to go completely by himself because anything could happen, right, he's extremely vulnerable at that age. Okay, we need to take a break. We'll be back in a second. We're going to make the obvious tie between those two stories and give you a little bit of good.
Speaker 3: News on that front. So thank God, stay here.
Speaker 1: Armstrong see Armstrong and Yetti show.
Speaker 5: I took my younger daughter, the coffee Achiever as we call her. That was an old, old ad campaign, but I took her to the University of Michigan to do campus visit.
Speaker 3: We hit a couple of Midwestern universities.
Speaker 5: She was curious about them, and the University of Michigan is an elite, elite, elite university. Even when we were there, they had all sorts of woke nonsense everywhere, and was like, oh my god, it's worse than I'd heard.
Speaker 3: And this was years ago.
Speaker 5: They announced the other day that they were canceling all grades for the first semester of college for all kids and all majors because the kids were freaking out. They're having a mental health crisis. They couldn't take being graded in college, which it would be very easy to just mock the little snowflakes, and I'll mock them a little bit, but they didn't raise themselves, as Jack famously always says, and the idea that you were so fragile you couldn't take grades your first semester at college is hilarious to me because I remember my first semester at college quite vividly, and how much fun and how wild it was, and how you know, the classes were interesting, the work was hard. But the idea that you shouldn't grade me because I can't take it, I mean, it's incumber. It's like trying to explain to me how it would work if there was no gravity. I just can't even understand it. And as Katie and I were just discussing, the New York Times, of all places, has an article entitled should letting children play alone outside be a crime? And it goes into some specifics about some folks who have gotten busted quote unquote, not arrested, per se, but investigated by their local child protective services for child neglect for letting their kid go to the park. Sometimes it's six year old, sometimes an eight year old, sometimes a twelve year old. But here's the somewhat good news. More and more people and states are waking up to what we've done to our children by constantly supervising them and managing them. Thirteen states have either created new, less restrictive child glack laws or amended existing ones, and there's a bipartisan federal build the Promoting Childhood Independence and Resilience Act, which was introduced in the House of Representatives in May. But we have that's thirteen states. We have a long, long, long way to go. And they get into the history of how this trend started. There's two forces, fear and control. Fear with the kids' pictures on milk cartons and one or two really high profile cases. Even though stranger child objection is incredibly rare, incredibly rare. Plus this need to control our kids to get them ready for what we see as an increasingly competitive society. They've got to be in organized activities all the time or else they're not going to get the scholarship, they're not going to go to college where they can't take getting.
Speaker 3: A grade, et cetera. It's a crazy trend and a terrible one.
Speaker 5: More on that, lots of good stuff an hour four Armstrong and Getty