Speaker 1: Everything the mainstream media left out delivered just right.
Speaker 2: It's the John Phillip Show.
Speaker 3: And we continue at two o five in the afternoon on The John Phillips Show, Mister Randy Weggs in Culver City.
Speaker 4: John, We're broadcasting live on the radio seven ninety KABC in southern California, eight ten KSFO in the Bay Area and the North State. And of course we're broadcasting live on YouTube every single day. The website real easy to find. You can watch us, react to the videos along with us and play around in the chat room at Johnny Dontlike dot Com takes you right to the channel. Go to Johnny Don't Like dot Com subscribeer almost at four thousand, hit the like button, hit the bell so you're notified whenever we go on the air, and after we get off at three, there's tons of on demand content on the channel, including best segments from the show, some of our interviews, and of course the Accountability Podcast.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred two two two five two Q two two is a telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. It is our pleasure to welcome our next guest to the program. He is the host of Ramin Real Talk on YouTube. You can click subscribe when you check out his YouTube page and definitely check out the videos. Ramin a Guitar Welcome, Well, how are you man, I'm good. Thank you so much for stopping by this afternoon.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you guys. Awesome show.
Speaker 3: So when I grew up here in California, it the thought never occurred to me of moving to another place, because you live here where the weather's great, all the fun stuff is here, all the amusement parks, all the great things to do, the beaches, and you name it. California had advantages that dwarf the advantages of all of the other states that I had ever been to at least, and I just knew I would live here my whole life. Now, when you talk to nieces and nephews and the children and your friends and people who are growing up here right now, almost to a person, none of them plan on staying here. None of them plan on buying a house in California, even though in state tuition is relatively cheap and inexpensive at the UCS and the cal States. They don't have a desire to even stick around that long. They want to move on to other places with greener pastures, where they don't have a homeless problem, they don't have the retail theft problem. They can buy a house, they can raise a family, they have opportunities that just no longer exist in California. And it seems like instead of making things better, Sacramento just doubles and triples and quadruples down on all of the policies that make this place unaffordable and undesirable to live. And I know our population in decline right now. I don't see that changing anytime soon given the circumstances that we have. Your thoughts, it's a complete debacle.
Speaker 1: It's almost on purpose, as if right, because even to the cost of housing, for instance, I think somewhere around one hundred and forty five thousand bucks before you put a stick in the ground, it's what it cost you for these mandates. You know what is it called the Coastal Commission SEQUA. All these you tie into the sewer, tie into the electric grid. It cost you one hundred and forty five k before you put it one piece of wood in the ground. And that's why the price for housing is so expensive. But we're doing it to ourselves in California with all these rules and regulations, the water issues. I think you were going to talk about the high speed rail train. One tax after another, one hole to fill after another, and it never stops. The holes get bigger and bigger, and we never stopped paying for it.
Speaker 3: And the city's in particular because you go to Orange County, it's still relatively norm there. You go to portions of San Diego County, the Inland Empire, it's still relatively normal. But you go to Oakland, you go to Los Angeles, and it's like the day after the end of the world. Those the big cities in California just do not function.
Speaker 1: The zombie apocalypse, you know, I blame some of that. Actually I blame most of it on NGOs because it's become an industrial complex. You mentioned Oakland, that's up the street for me. I spent some time on skid Row a couple of weeks ago, and it's like you're walking into a zombie movie. It's completely different landscape. It looks like a third world country. And we live, like you said, in one of the most beautiful states I think in the entire the country. We got oceans, we got mountains, we got skiing, we got boating, you name it, we got it here, great weather, great people. Unfortunately run into the ground.
Speaker 3: What is your prescription for cutting off these corrupt NGOs who are both bankrupting us and making our problems worse.
Speaker 1: Stop feeding them period. You know you're in.
Speaker 3: LA, right, John, Well, I'm in Riverside County.
Speaker 1: Yeah to me, that's LA right. So I'm North California. Got everything below me is LA all right? So, but you know, it's it's amazing. The homelessness went up three point one percent, is what Karen Bass is saying, but some some estimates are saying over seven percent because they changed the wording it's unhoused or under housed or whatever. Homelessness has increased. We spent I think what twenty four billion dollars on homelessness, and now you're seeing it rise. We are the most popular destination in the country for homeless people, and we've spent so much money fighting it. But that money goes to NGOs. It goes to people who give needles. Like I told you, I was on skid row two three weeks ago, and they're getting handed needles. Guys are walking around with a crack pipe out of their mouth, Like instead of a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, he's holding one of those little globe things in his mouth, just hanging out, walking rails, running for the police station Central District. And I was just shocked to see how pervasive it is. It's just crazy. So, yeah, we're paying for it and we're getting nothing, not one penny back out of it and no progress. So what's up? At what point do we say stop it? I don't want to spend any more money on this stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, the problem with them is that they're politically connected. I mean you look at the LA Mayor's race. Where did Nitthie Brahman come from. She came from one of those homeless services inngos. You look at this revolving door of people in elected office and people who work for these NGOs. Katie Hill, that congresswoman that had to leave Congress, she came from that world to so many people at the city level, the county level. They go back and forth and because of these tight knit relationships that they have, where you know, frequently you'll have an elected who directs money to one of these groups and they sit on the board and then they'll have money come back to them in the form of campaign contributions or essentially, the group will work to advance the political agenda the elected official, whether through voter outreach or whatever. And you go, okay. Unless some outside entity steps in and stops this, this is never going to end because it's mutually beneficial for the electeds and the people who run the NGOs, the people who get screwed, or the taxpayers, because the problems that the NGOs exist to solve only get worse because that's not their objective. Their objective is to keep it going forever because they're making the king's ransom off of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are. And you got to think of those NGOs and on these political officials as well. You've got to think of them as a being a body. A body's job is to survive no matter what, right, So their only way to survive is to get more homeless people, is to get more drug addicts, is to get more whatever it is, right, that's their survival mechanism. So to get more bodies, I need to keep the homeless industrial complex going. I need to keep the people drugged up and ready to accept services only to the point where they get a little bit better. And I shove them back into the next NGO's pocket and see what they do. So in terms of fairness, I think the NGOs are running like a business, which is what they're supposed to do, but their customers are and the customers are unhoused and drug addicts, and we're the guys who are paying it. Where the pipe that pays these people, So that that has to stop, it really does. I don't know how you're going to stop it. Even Gavin Newsom's own deal right now with his wife right money coming into the charity, what do they call that? I think they have something like a kickback happening. But anyway, it is what it is. We have to stop the NGOs. We have to stop these non governmental organizations and these charities that they're just not working out.
Speaker 3: To my eye, much of what they're doing is money laundering. Yet they never they never seem to get popped for it, or if they do, it's a very rare occurrence. And it's when they get real gross with how they're doing it and they just get sloppy and not on the rest.
Speaker 1: God blessed Bill A. Saley. He's made some arrests and these are only blaytant cases that are getting arrested. I think that guy with a Hermeslofers and the house of in Greece that he bought, right, the kind that comes to mind. But get what do we get out of it? We got a range rover and his house and that's it. So he's in jail. What happened to all the money? Right? What happened to the hotel he bought that he never refurbished? For the homelessness? And on this homelessness thing, when we were on skid row, I saw some new construction going up and one of the guys comes up to me, Hey, what are you guys out here for? I said, well, I'm just trying to figure out where all the money is going for homeless. He goes, look at that building right there, they're building homeless shelters. Like, okay, let's do some quick math. Seven stories high, eight windows, I see, So that's fifty six Okay, let's multiply it by ten wide. That's five hundred and sixty homes. Potentially, you have one hundred and eighty seven thousand homeless people in California. And let's just take let's put a quarter down in La Okay, let's just make it two hundred, and we'll make it a quarter of those guys fifty five hundred and sixty. That's not going to house anybody. And what do they do when they get housed too How long are they going to stay in those houses? And that's your money and my money going to pay for that building going up Number one, Number two for the staff to have has staff said number three for the services they provide to what end?
Speaker 3: What we're doing now is not sustainable. And usually what happens is the counterbalance to this is, Okay, when one party is in charge and they get too greedy and they push things too far, the voter step in and go, okay, we're going to take the power away from you and we're going to give it to the other party. But California is such a one party state now there are no consequences for bad behavior. There's no consequences for not delivering. And when we do vote them out, if they get to be, you know, too hot, we replace them with someone who's worse. I mean, in Oakland, we replaced Shang Tao with Barbara Lee, which I can't understand. In Los Angeles, it looks like We're going to replace kring Bass with Nythia Rahman, who's part of the DSAS, and you go topic, Okay, we're changing the personnel. We're changing the individuals in these offices, but we're either replacing them with someone who sees the world exactly the same way or someone who's going to take us to hell faster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the road to hell. It's you guys in Los Angeles. I really feel bad. I mean, I don't know. I don't want to talk about the elections or how many votes were cast or whatever, because you saw the graphs one day it's you know, Nythia Rama like this and is like this going up, and you know, Spencer Pratt's out. I don't understand where we're going to stop at this point. I think we got red jerseys and blue jerseys. We need to stop thinking about I'm on a red team or on a blue team. You need to think about you. You need to become a little bit more selfish and think about is my life better? I don't think so. How can I stop it? Maybe these other guys from the other party might help, right, And we have a lot of people who are Democrats. The blue jerseys, they're starting to wear purple now, but the purple guys are still voting to the red jerseys. They're still cheering for their own team. We got to stop cheering for teams. We've got to get people in office who actually want to affect change and change.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny. I used to have a neighbor who is very part as a Democrat, but a very very smart lady, and we were talking about complaining about the failures of the state, very similar to the conversation you and I are just having. And she would have no problem participating in that conversation and acknowledge all of the problems that we brought up are real. And she doesn't like it too. And then you go, okay, well, why are you voting for Gavin Newsom if you're upset with the government services you're receiving. Yeah, And then the answer is always something performative that means nothing. Well, he's good on women's rights, Well, he's good on democracy. Okay, well he's good on the environment, And you go in every way where you can use the metrics to evaluate his performance, you yourself said he was a complete and total failure, but you're going to vote for him again because he's good on women's rights. Whatever the hell that means.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how you can substantiate that. Now, Gavin News was a special kind of guy. He's good looking, he looks great on camera. He always knows exactly what to say. The only time I've seen him couple times I've screw up is that last press conference he had where he was talking about his taxes being released, and also the other one where he's talking about is you know, Trump going after his wife. So you see him slip a little bit. As long as he's not moving his hands like I have right, I'll stop moving my hands. He's not moving his hands or slinking around like this. You can maybe see the inside of gavinus. But he's very slick and he's very polished. He knows exactly what to say. And here's the problem I'm talking these days. I'm talking about caveman. If I'm in a cave, this is my crib, and we hang out in this cave. We've got strawberries, we know those saber tooths are, and we know how to you know, harvest some peanuts or whatever so we can eat. Yeah, I'll give you some peanuts and I'll give you some strawberries if you come over, knock on my cave door and say, hey, we're starving over here. But at some point I'm going to run out of strawberries and nuts to give you guys, And I'm not going to tell you where the saber tooth is anymore because you've hunted them down. I'm out of strawberries. Stop asking me for more strawberries. You have to become a little bit more selfish. I think we'd all do you know, with the property taxes, the income taxes, with the gas prices we capentry, What the hell is all this money going to what? And we're not seeing any direct result of it. What's our budget this year? Three hundred and fifty two three fifty six billion, I think something like that. It's increased fifty percent over the past three four years. Has your life improved fifty to sixty percent? Are your roads any better? I just bought a car in January. I've replaced three rims already driving back and forth to the Los Angeles and San Jose, three rims on a brand new car. So as my road all that much better?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Is my life better? No? We have the highest income tax thirteen point three. And by the way, there's a new bill on the November ballot that's going to make that a permanent fixture. That you was a temporary ten year deal that we had with the government. Now they're going to make it a permanent fixture. So we have to start thinking a little bit more selfishly, start thinking about my cave. And I don't have any more strawberries to give you, so can you please leave? Hang out later.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to the DSA for a moment, because they've been racking up wins all over the country New York, Colorado, even in some primaries. Here in California, we could end up with the DSA mayor. In Los Angeles, we have a growing DSA block on the La City Council. We have elections going on today in Michigan. There could be a candidate who's very DSA friendly win the Democratic nomination for US Senate. Incumbent Democratic members of Congress could lose their primaries to DSA challengers. That's entirely possible as well. What do you make of their ascendancy and how damaging do you think it would be if they start to gain traction here in California at the state.
Speaker 1: Start to gain traction. They've already traction. They have gained a lot. And some of this I blame on the economy, right, because if I'm a student, then I went to find out gender studies in South Africa or something like that. What It's some crazy, you know, degree that I got and I'm not going to get a job for it. I'm still spending my money on Lululemons. I'm going out to Starbucks. I'm sorry Phill's coffee because Starbucks doesn't cut it right, so I'm scaling my coffee. I'm still doing the same stuff I used to do. I call these Lululemons socialists, and they're still They're poor, they have no money. They went and got a four year degree from a nice, prestigious school, spent one hundred thousand bucks. Now they can't find work, and they're still doing the same stuff they used to do. Well. I think this is a pervasive disease in America. I related to a cancer almost. If we don't stop talking about the socialis some stuff, or start talking about the socialism stuff, how it has never worked in any economy, in any in any country, then we're going to be sucked into it, unfortunately, and you know, the stuff they're talking about is crazy. Stop the presidency. Was this, Stop the Congress or something like that, only oh no, it stop the Senate. I'm sorry, Stop the Senate. Stop the Congress. Install more. I think judges in the court they want to jacket up to twelve or fifteen I believe, or something like that. The stuff they want to do is develop a new country, not America anymore, not the stuff that we found in two hundred fifty years ago. They want to rewrite the constitution and the inner workings of how we do things. And once we go down that route, it's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 3: They want no police, they want no ice, they want no door, no jails. Prison is violence is something that they buy into. And it goes to show you what is wrong with the Democratic Party where they look at these people and they don't look at them as a threat to I guess the party itself, and they embrace them. And if they win the primary, okay, we'll all vote for you. How could you vote for someone who wants to get rid of the jails? How could they vote.
Speaker 1: For someone about how they're doing this, They're going into low level elections where there's not a lot of turnout, and then they're going to be able to get the vote. This is what they've been doing. I think, who's that Francesca chan I believe she wants to abolish Thanksgiving? Did you see that? Yeah, she put out a few years and abolished Thanksgiving. They got such radical ideas and they've infested the Democrat Party and they're saying good things. Now, No, that was something I meant in the past. It's not something I really believe in anymore. They told you what they believe in. If you don't trust them about what they told you, they're going to change their ways once they get into the Democrat Party. And unfortunately, Gavin Newsom was saying this, We're a tentive addition, not subtraction. Democrats. You're going to lose this country, the stuff where you grew up, where your kids grew up, where your parents grew up. This country's not gonna be the same once those guys get their feet in the door, unfortunately, and we need to see that again. Caveman principle, save your cave.
Speaker 3: Ramin Echuitar, host of Ramin Real Talk on YouTube. Check that out and click the subscribe button. Ramin, thanks so much for stopping me.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: It's the John Phillips Show. If you'd like to email the show, you can do show at Johnny don't Like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny don't Like show at gmail dot com. You can watch us perform the show live at Johnny don't like dot com. And Randy, we just hit a new milestone.
Speaker 4: We just hit four thousand subscribers on this channel at Johnny Dontlike dot com, which means the countdown is on. We are now nine hundred and ninety eight subscribers away from having to do a show on the Tijuana River. I really wish you hadn't suggested this, but here it is.
Speaker 3: And tomorrow a new edition of the accountabilit podcast drops.
Speaker 4: It drops at three pm tomorrow, right after we get off the air. It is a forty minute interview on a whole bunch of topics with Steve Hilton, the guy running for governor.
Speaker 3: If you'd like to watch us perform the show live, go to Johnny donotlike dot com. And if you're watching us, please hit that like button. It's the big thumbs up that'll be a big favor for us. We appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Let's see how many likes we're at now, as we're in the last half hour of the show, we are at two hundred and fifty four. Thank y'all so much.
Speaker 3: All right, We know that Karen Bass is facing an uphill battle for four more years as mayor of Los Angeles, and now the unions are starting to abandon her and get behind her dsa opponent, Nitya Rahman.
Speaker 4: Now, Bass still has the support of the majority of the unions and the LA Federation of Labor, but the Carpenters Union, who supported Bass in twenty twenty two, has decided to stick the knife in and endorse Nithia.
Speaker 3: She's not gonna like that.
Speaker 4: From more on this, We've got an NBC far end Conan Nolan, a.
Speaker 6: Big endorsement for LA Council Member Nithia Ramen today, who's running to unseat Mayor Karen Bass. Today, one major backer of Bass back in twenty twenty two is putting its support behind Ramen this time around.
Speaker 7: NBC Forest Chief Building Trades Union.
Speaker 4: One of the reasons that housing is so expensive, but we don't want to ever talk about that.
Speaker 3: One well, part of why they don't like her is because it's so difficult to build anything in Los Angeles. And if you can't build anything in Los Angeles, there are fewer jobs for them.
Speaker 8: Cool reporter Conan Nolan is here to break it all down for us. Yeah, no, Hillo. Well, you know the day that organized labor used to be all on one page, they spoke with one voice. It's no longer the case, at least in the race for Mayor of Los Angeles. One very powerful union today switching sides from where they were just four years ago.
Speaker 2: We share your optimism for our city.
Speaker 4: It wasn't Oh, it was a long time ago, wasn't it optimism for the city. If you could only travel back in time and tell your former self what you were saying.
Speaker 8: I'm a welcome endorsement in her campaign for Marria.
Speaker 4: I do love that the builders didn't endorse the builder in the race.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one made no sense.
Speaker 4: Twenty twelve, Let's see, should I endorse the guy that's actually built things that people like, like the grove in the Americana, Or should I endorse the lady who's known for nothing but being in Congress and doing nothing.
Speaker 3: Well and loving Fidel Castro.
Speaker 8: Oh there was also that Many two one that came with funding and a highly produced video announcement.
Speaker 2: The Southless Regial Council of Carpenters endorses Karen Bass as the next mayor of Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: I mean there will be a lot of work for these guys because she has helped burn down so much of the city.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she should be the employee of the month.
Speaker 7: Now in the race for mayor four years later.
Speaker 8: The sixty thousand member Carpenters Union has switched sides today, announcing their backing of City councilwoman Nit the Orama, who used the opportunity to condemn city government for failing to address housing affordability.
Speaker 4: You're on the city council. You're in charge of the Housing and Homelessness Committee.
Speaker 1: I want to see cranes rising all over the city of Los Angeles.
Speaker 7: She's awful, but she's probably gonna win.
Speaker 3: Well, look at our choices, which one do you want? You want Jim Carrey or Jeff Daniels.
Speaker 1: I want to see well Caine union workers breaking round of tens of thousands of.
Speaker 7: New homes near transit and jobs. We need to cut the red tape you never heard that before train thousands of workers. We need to get to shock, you know.
Speaker 4: Actually, one of Nithia's big complaints about bass Is is that when bast first got into office, she signed that executive order that literally cut the red tape where we were just going to prove whatever development was proposed. And then somebody decides that a single family home in Sherman Oaks in Nythia's district should be torn down and a seven story building be replaced in there on a little small family cul de sac, and Karen Basque got yelled at by everybody, and she rescinded the executive order. Nythia will double down on that one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, in.
Speaker 8: The ground the endorsement.
Speaker 4: She was the lone voice in support of SB seventy nine in the city of Los Angeles. But of course it's not that the city of LA was opposed to Scott Wiener's SB seventy nine. It's that the state zoning plan takes away the local zoning power, which means they no longer have a vehicle to get bribed in.
Speaker 3: Now, I do think that she was right in one thing that she just said. She said, if elected, she'll make sure that there are shovel ready, jobs, ready to go, and I do agree with her on that they'll just be for grave diggers because she's going to defund the cops.
Speaker 7: Is an outlier.
Speaker 8: Most labor unions, including the LA Federation of Labor, are strongly backing Mayor Bass for reelection.
Speaker 4: Heck, it was the LA Federation of Labor was one of the people on that secret tape with Nuri Martinez and Kevin da Leone and Gil Sadillo that we're trying to jerry Mander Nithia out of a job.
Speaker 8: She was in Koreatown today cutting the ribbon on a nineteen unit affordable housing project for veterans.
Speaker 1: This development is amazing.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, they're both bad.
Speaker 7: They are both bad. Karen Bass is worse.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 4: You said it the other day, better than I've ever heard it. Neither of them deserve to win. She deserves to lose with the neighbors.
Speaker 5: To do it with the community is the best way housing gets built citywise.
Speaker 8: The project was the direct result of the mayor's first executive directive to fast track the development of affordable housing, but she chose not to include a provision requiring union wages be paid to construction workers after she was told it would increase cost by upwards of twenty percent.
Speaker 4: Okay, now it's starting to make sense why Best didn't get that endorsement.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is all about that money.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, it's you can talk about impact fees, you can talk about permits, you can talk about the Coastal Commission. But one of the other reasons why it is so expensive to build here is because of minimum wage standards for union contractors when you're talking about building all of these developments, and we don't like to talk about that because while those are very powerful unions, it's just like how when we talk about how CA Aaron Bass has made zero effort to actually save production in Los Angeles. It's because all the ideas she's come up with she's doing in conjunction with the unions, including sag After and Iatzi, who I hate to say this because I'm part of the union, are part of the problem.
Speaker 8: Which is one of the reasons why the Carpenter's Union pulled their support.
Speaker 2: We know that Los Angeles needs to build, We get it. Mayor needs to make an executive decision in order to expedite the process. The plan that was put in place left workers out of the equation.
Speaker 8: Bernando Garra is with the Center for the Study of Los Angeles at Loyola Marrimount University. Bass had a complete, almost unified labor support.
Speaker 1: You know this crackstout you all. It says I have a major union supporting me, meaning.
Speaker 8: Mithia Rahman, and not only that, a union that had been disappointed because it previously supported Bass.
Speaker 4: They really thought when they spent money in twenty twenty too, they were going to get that money back tenfold and Karen Bass's executive order and now they're pissed.
Speaker 3: Well, what they want to do is gum things up because if they increase the cost to build that are already very expensive by twenty percent, we're not going to build any thing because we're not going to have the money.
Speaker 8: Yep Cappaign, spokesperson for the mayor, told NBC four today that workers are overwhelmingly supporting her reelection bid and that Nitthia Rahman has no accomplishment from her time on the city council.
Speaker 4: Only now Karen Bass has no accomplishment for her time on the mayorship. But yes, she's right, Nitthia Rahman has no accomplishments as a city council person.
Speaker 7: These are our two choices campaign rhetoric.
Speaker 8: But once again this is a feather in her cap organized labors behind the.
Speaker 1: Mayor, but not all of them.
Speaker 6: It's interesting right now Marbass is outpacing Nithie Rahman by a lot. I mean, we want to show you the numbers here, Bass reporting almost three times as much more raised in campaign funds in the month of than Rahmen. The question is will this union support you know, for us.
Speaker 4: That's pretty weak for the second largest city in the country.
Speaker 3: Well, who would give money to either one of them outside of people who have business in front of the city who expect to cash in on it.
Speaker 4: And if you're the building trades union, you already realize that you're not getting that money back.
Speaker 6: I'm me and raise more money. And does she need more money to win this race?
Speaker 8: She does, And the union said that four years ago they spent upwards of two million dollars.
Speaker 2: On behalf of karen backs.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 8: Now there are all sorts of things on a bet.
Speaker 7: Just another.
Speaker 4: Pocket of people to blame for Caruso not being the mayor, the building trade unions that spend two million dollars to put Bass in.
Speaker 8: Allot that the unions have to spend their money on, but if they spent anywhere close to that for Nitthi Rahma and that's a chuck of change. And the Ramen campaign was asked about that today and they said, listen, yeah, we're being outspent, but we make more use of more use out of the money we do get. And plus she has a social media campaign and we saw that in an grace from here of New York. That's extremely effective she has.
Speaker 4: If you've noticed, there has been one major I wouldn't call it a betrayal because you knew this was gonna happen, but it's definitely in the social media world. Something positive for Nythia's campaign is the sitting city accountant for the city, the Controller, Kenneth Mahea. He is endorsed Nythia going after Bass every single day and say what you want about that kid's politics. That kid knows social media better than anybody in LA politics.
Speaker 8: It's done right and that's also very cheap.
Speaker 5: Could that be beneficial to her here in Los Angeles completely?
Speaker 8: And she's really wrapped it up. I noticed the marriage office is ramped theirs up as well.
Speaker 4: So yes, Karen Bass put out a video today.
Speaker 3: And her can only imagine what's in that video.
Speaker 4: Well, Karen Bass loves to make these big proclamations that mean complete nothing about bringing back Hollywood, which a few months ago was Hey, we're going to lower permit fees to shoot at the Griffith Observatory by thirty percent. Today's big proclamation that's gonna save Hollywood and stop jobs from going to Toronto is we're gonna let you shoot at the sixth Street Bridge, the same sixth Street Bridge that has no lights.
Speaker 3: And it's all tagged up too.
Speaker 4: Yep, Well, maybe that's the kind of movie we need to shoot there.
Speaker 8: That's a way to get to people who are not watching television, for example. But once again, when you have a high profile campaign, a lot of people don't need to take the messages from the campaign. They have other ways of getting information about it and they make up their own mind that way.
Speaker 4: Did you see, by the way, that Nithia did a sit down interview with Josh Haskell of ABC seven where she was asked about the fact that during the primary she went on with that super socialist guy, Hassan Piker, and she was asked, why are you going on with a guy who is an obvious anti semi to what she said, Well, I think I should go on with anybody, including people I agree with, including people I don't agree with.
Speaker 7: So she think we should have Trish extend the invitation.
Speaker 3: Don't wait up for a response.
Speaker 7: I would love to just put out that challenge.
Speaker 4: I don't know if she would actually say yes, but she said, I will go on any show and talk to anybody. Do you think there's a chance in hell Nythia Rahman would actually come on and talk to us, No, and explain her policies.
Speaker 3: No, she went on with him because she agrees with him. Those two are two peas in a pod.
Speaker 4: You know what's another weird one was Tom Steyer went on that show and it was a strange hour.
Speaker 6: It'll be interesting to see the long term impact here.
Speaker 8: You yep, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: We are now just three months away from the general election in November, so for much more about the candidates who are running and the issues that are most important to you, open app.
Speaker 4: There you go, Nthia versus Bad Nithea gets a big endorsement from the Carpenters Union, mostly because Bess promised them a bunch of money and then didn't follow through with it.
Speaker 3: If you're watching us on YouTube, click that like button for us, it's the John Phillips Show. How are we doing on the likes?
Speaker 4: I think we're at two hundred and eighty three. The last time I checked, the show's almost stalver. You can also like it after the show two hundred and eighty five.
Speaker 7: Look at that. We appreciate it.
Speaker 4: And once we sign off at three, there is tons of on demand content on the channel, including some of our best interviews and favorite segments. If you did not see the Valejo crime blodder from yesterday, you've got to watch it with Laquisha is a good one. It's on the channel at Johnny Dontlike dot com, and of course all five episodes of The Accountability Podcast. And tomorrow at three we premiere the sixth episode of The Accountability Podcast, a forty minute interview with Steve Hilton.
Speaker 3: All right, it's time for the next installment of our reoccurring series you can smell it right here. Hold on, I need Katie.
Speaker 4: All right, this is a segment we don't want to have to do every day, but we need to.
Speaker 7: Katie.
Speaker 1: You can smell it right here.
Speaker 3: For an update on the condition of boil Hides. Mister Randy Wig.
Speaker 4: It's not good and now a bunch of people are luring up and suing Lineage. Why they're not suing the solar panel company, nobody knows. For more, here is CBSLA.
Speaker 9: Cleanup continues at the Lineage warehouse and boil Hids. More people are signing onto a lawsuit against the company, saying the disaster is impacting their health. The company says it made efforts to help neighbors and those impacted by that massive fire.
Speaker 5: Cbsla's Jeff Newinn went to Boil Heights to dig into we.
Speaker 7: Got the short straw.
Speaker 5: Today it's being done, what's been done and what the community still needs Coffin Coffin golfin Elvill Ruiz says she.
Speaker 4: Her every time we see these people, it's like, how is there not just a straight up evacuation as people are suffering from real symptoms on a daily basis.
Speaker 3: And an evacuation right away when the fire was.
Speaker 7: Going on well. Karen Bass said the smoke was safe.
Speaker 5: And her mother in law have been experiencing problems with their eyes and throats. Six weeks after the ball Heids, a warehouse fire and the smell of rock.
Speaker 4: And let's not forget this was a fire that LAFD. While they did a tremendous job, we're not prepared for. We didn't have the equipment to fight this fire. We had to get special water canon shipped to us from Texas.
Speaker 5: Food that's attracted large flies and rats hasn't gone away.
Speaker 1: The smell is so much.
Speaker 5: According to Lineage, more than sixty percent of the food waste has been removed.
Speaker 4: And that was yesterday's report, and today they're saying it's eighty percent.
Speaker 7: I don't know who to believe anymore.
Speaker 3: That's a big difference.
Speaker 5: More than twelve hundred grocery velleures of one hundred dollars each have been distributed.
Speaker 7: That'll do it well.
Speaker 4: You can't breathe, you're coughing up fluid, and the flies are going to give you all kinds of diseases.
Speaker 7: But here's a Ralph's gift card.
Speaker 3: Go eat something so you can throw it up.
Speaker 5: As well as one hundred and thirteen thousand dollars in cash assistance cards. The company says door to door outreach has been conducted at nearly eight hundred households, has anyone knocked on your door, Did they leave a tag on your door or anything like that.
Speaker 1: No, and I don't know anybody innocent.
Speaker 4: Whether it's the city, the county, or the company. They're all like, oh, we've done tons outrage. We're helping these people. It's very easy for the local news to find these people, and they're not getting help.
Speaker 5: It meant the office of Elimeor, Karen Baz says, in part Lineage has made promises to help the people of Ball Heights, and I expect the company to keep every one of those promises. In the meantime, Saint John Community Health has been providing three mobile clinics near the warehouse since the fire on June seventeenth. The teams have seen more than thirty three hundred patients. Saint John says more than eleven hundred of those patients, or about a third, presented health conditions directly related to toxic exposure, including smoke inhalation and acute respiratory distress.
Speaker 7: Way Karen Bass said the smoke was.
Speaker 3: Safe well, and so did the real doctor Barbara Ferrara.
Speaker 1: Wash your hands often and always before eating and after.
Speaker 6: Toileting the throats.
Speaker 1: Headaches just not feeling well. They've been trying to take their medicine whatever they could, but even that in itself hasn't been helping them, so they keep coming back.
Speaker 5: Lynage says one hundred thousand dollars have been donated to United Way two one one for temporary housing, but elvil Ruiz insists and no one has shown up at her door.
Speaker 4: Why is it so hard, whether it's this desasn ys, everything that we talked about with fire aid, to just directly give money to the people in need.
Speaker 3: Go back to the conversation we had with Brahmin. It's all about enriching these NGOs. They just need more excuses to give them more money.
Speaker 5: We asked her if it's possible someone did when she wasn't home.
Speaker 1: I have comeras outside my cameras, don't like.
Speaker 5: In a statement, a council member Isabelle Heraudo, who represents this district, says Lineage has not done enough and.
Speaker 7: Also you haven't done enough.
Speaker 3: If Isabelle yes, where is the criticism of Barbara Ferrara, Because in theory, as Barbara Stone said earlier today, the county should be taking the lead on this. They handle public health.
Speaker 7: The county can't do a damn thing.
Speaker 4: And what's by the way, speaking of the county, a lot of the people affected by this are an unincorporated East LA, which means Hill to Slease is your mayor, so good luck with that.
Speaker 5: Is a recovery package Tuesday to deliver immediate relief and enforce accountability.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's the name of our podcast. New episode drops tomorrow at three.
Speaker 5: In the meantime. To figure out where the mobile clinics are located, you can go to our website, which is CBSLA dot com. Be sure to click scene on TV in Ball Heights Jeff Newen, CBSLA.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 4: That's the latest from that. You can smell it right here desk.
Speaker 3: All right, if you're watching us on YouTube, please click that like button the big thumbs up before you go. It really helps us out a lot. We'll see you tomorrow at noon.