Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio at the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: And now, here's Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: The problem with the war on Canada is that we don't hate Canada to begin with. And so they've come up with, the administration has some new posters to get us to be angry enough at the Canadians. Would you like to see some of the, I thought you would. Canadian geese crashing our planes into the Hudson since 2009. Nickelback, never forget who did this to us. Canadian bacon is ham. If they'll lie about this, what won't they lie about? Canadians are so nice. What's so nice about stealing Katy Perry?
Speaker 2: That's pretty good, the Canadian bacon.
Speaker 3: It's more a service than a theft.
Speaker 2: The lie about that, the lie about anything.
Speaker 3: Wartime propaganda posters against Canada.
Speaker 5: Oh, boy.
Speaker 3: These are odd times. Mm-hmm. So the fabulous James Lindsay was writing the other day about a number of articles that have appeared in the press about lack of affordability in Gen Z, talking about how I can't afford a burrito or I can't afford to go out on a date and blah, blah, blah. And he says if you want to talk about affordability for real or if you want to wax psychotic about debt, you have to talk about the real anchor issue, which is student loan debt. And to do this, you have to talk about the absolute failure of government manipulation of the higher education market and how our universities– did not just transform ideologically, but sold out generations because of sweet, sweet government-backed monies. And he says the biggest important change in this story is that in the 90s, under Bill Clinton's tenure, and by the way, it's worth pointing out, so much of this is the road to hell being paved with good intentions. Because when people say, hey, there's a problem with it, you've heard that saying a million times, but have you ever really thought about it? Because when people say, hey, hey, hey, there's a problem with what you're doing, You reply, hey, my intentions are great. What we're doing here is good and important. And it neutralizes criticism. And that's how you get to hell. Anyway, 90s under Bill Clinton, the federal government decided to underwrite federal student loans in order to get a lot more people to go to college, which opened a gigantic can of worms. The direct effect of this policy was that while private lenders would originate the loans, the federal government would assume their risk of losses. And if you know anything about banking, risk of loss is the primary incentive lenders have for not making bad loans. So the government, federal government, stepped in and removed that rather important market incentive. It's exactly the same thing that happened prior to the great crash of 07-08 because they ordered the banks to lend anybody money that they had to to achieve certain racial quotas.
Speaker 6: Anyway.
Speaker 3: So prior to this, you had to convince the bank that your education was actually a solid investment in your future economically, not spiritually. OK, and you might have to convince them that you're likely to be a good student choosing a solid major. You'd make enough money to pay back the loan and then just fill out the paperwork. But now they've removed the disincentives. So as he says. What exactly is this can of worms they opened? Something like the total destruction of our society in 30 years or thereabouts. It's actually difficult to know where to start, but the financial situation is probably the easiest one. What actually happened is that a lot more people intended to go to college, and colleges had to, or at least were incentivized to, make expansions to absorb them. That sounds reasonable enough, but it turns out to have been a disaster. Lurking in the background of this problem, by the way, is that by the 1990s, we'd already seen a dramatic leftward shift of the university as an institution. There are lots of dumb leftist majors that amount to anti-Americanism, critical theory of a dozen stripes or so.
Speaker 2: And when you said expansion, I wondered, like, how many majors got added at this time that never existed before that are just worthless?
Speaker 3: Well, because you had, and you're absolutely right, because you had thousands now, hundreds of millions of students waving their federal money around saying, I'm no good in engineering or business or whatever, and even liberal arts is a bit much for me. How about women's studies or ethnic studies or something like that? Softball leftist majors. And he points out that the dozen or so critical theory majors expanded to many, many more and captured especially the colleges of education. which is especially bad because that's where teachers come from. But anyway, he mentions that absorbing these students required a few things. Some were infrastructure changes. You need to be able to house them, sit them in classrooms, etc. Some were administrative changes. They needed management. A lot of the kids weren't cut out to major in the hard stuff, and so leftist activist majors started to be created, fill up, and expand. Remember, no one has to prove to the lender that they're majoring in something with good career prospects anymore to get the money. So the tuition rates started to climb massively, mostly as a result of the first two changes, and far more infrastructure than administration. So the colleges were catering primarily to 17-year-olds who were picking a school and trying to retain upward to maybe 22-year-olds. This is not an age demographic, especially by the later 90s, that was famously known for choosing colleges based on academic priorities, career priorities, etc. In fact, they mostly select colleges based on anything but academics and future employability, especially when the incoming base is expanded to include potentially roughly everyone. So they wanted football.
Speaker 4: Fun.
Speaker 3: Nice dorms, student services, gyms, modernized facilities, etc. And those features became the primary elements by which colleges started to compete with each other for attracting and keeping students. And you can see.
Speaker 2: Where that goes. That is a rich society, man. That is one rich society where you've got a very large segment of the population, the most affluent generally, that sends their kid off to a four-year... Little kind of vacation under the guise of college where a lot of it is just because we've done the stats before. Barely going to class, barely doing homework. Hanging out with your friends, having a good time for four years. I mean, you're you're pretty you're a pretty cush society if you can do that with your young people for 18 from 18 to 22.
Speaker 3: And Mr. Lindsay tips his cap to the fact that a lot of this was very, very good intentions, the baby boomer generation, the idea that if you go to college, you can improve your life and have a better job and a better life than your parents did, etc. First generation to go to school, that sort of thing is very honorable and good. But then he points out, combined with the federal money, many of them stumbled into college into their favored majors, some with an eye on that good job they wanted to go to college to get, only to find out that math is really hard, and there's still a college degree at the end of the new women's studies department. Others majored in something productive enough, but in total ignorance of the actual job market on the other side. And he gives a bunch of examples of that sort of thing. In servicing these natural but ultimately adolescent mismatched priorities.
Speaker 2: What in the world does that sound? What is that, Michael? Whose studio is that in?
Speaker 3: I think that's in my studio.
Speaker 2: Is that a smoke alarm?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: What do you think that is, Kenny?
Speaker 5: That's a smoke alarm.
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Or a carbon monoxide.
Speaker 2: Why does your smoke alarm sound like somebody playing a.
Speaker 3: It's a carbon monoxide alarm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm probably going to die soon.
Speaker 5: Okay. Hold your.
Speaker 3: Oh! God, that's... Perhaps I'll deal with that and we'll return after a brief commercial break, as it's going to make everybody insane, including me.
Speaker 7: How do you end up.
Speaker 2: With too much carbon monoxide?
Speaker 3: I gotta go deal with it.
Speaker 1: I'll be back.
Speaker 2: I want to know about this. He's breeding cats or something. Something's going on in there.
Speaker 5: He's got marmots.
Speaker 2: And rabies donkeys. Anyway, we will get to that stuff. I ought to throw this in real quick before we take a break. So, um... The deliberations in the Lindsay Clancy trial... they said that they can't come to a verdict. And the judge said, you got to get back in there and get back to work. But they said they're unable to reach a unanimous verdict.
Speaker 5: Well, isn't that just a hung jury? I mean, if they can't come to a verdict, you can't make them.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I, you know, you know way more about this than I do because your dad was a judge. But I don't know how many times you can say work harder before they say, look, we're working as hard as we can. We can't. So we do actually have a quote from, I think, her lawyer coming up. He was asked about this and what this might mean, so we'll get that on the air also. First, I want to tell you about this. If you think financial planning is just for the suit and tie crowd, think again. We are Armstrong and Getty for Blue Collar Dollar. We're talking to small business owners, farmers, hardworking people who build this country but often get ignored by Wall Street. And you don't think the kind of people that talk about, you know, your financial future are the kind of people you want to hang around. Blue Collar Dollar changes the game, providing high-level retirement strategies for men and women who actually do the heavy lifting. No jargon, no corporate fluff, just straight talk and real respect for your hard-earned money. If you're 55 years of age or older and you've put aside at least $ 250, 000 for retirement, Blue Collar Dollar has a special offer for you. Just pick up your phone. right now, dial pound 250, say the keyword Blue Collar Dollar for your complimentary financial review for a licensed talent advisor. That's pound 250, keyword Blue Collar Dollar. Paid endorsement. Armstrong and Getty are not Talon clients and receive compensation for promoting Talon, creating a conflict of interest. Investment advisory services offered through Talon LLC, a SEC registered investment advisor. For more additional disclosures, you can visit bluecollardollar.com. Paid for by Epic Financial. So what does it mean that the jury can't come to a conclusion? Well, they asked one of the lawyers involved and he gave his answer. For what that's worth, among other things on the way. And we'll figure out if Joe has died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Coming up next.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty. The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: What would a hung jury mean for Lindsay?
Speaker 6: Try it again.
Speaker 2: Jim Cruise will never drop it, that's for sure. How would she be in trial again?
Speaker 3: How would she be in court?
Speaker 2: Emotionally, how would it affect her?
Speaker 3: How would you be?
Speaker 2: Counselor, would you do the trial again if it's a hung jury? Anyway, that was the lawyer being asked, the lawyer for the mom who killed her kids, being asked about this whole, the jury can't come to a deliberation, they told the judge. The judge said, get back in there and get to work. Let's turn to our legal correspondent. He was a judge in the mean streets of Alameda County, Calunicornia for years, now retired Larry Goodman. Judge Larry, how are you, sir?
Speaker 6: Doing well.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the jury comes back and says, we can't. He's an idiot. They're idiots. No, we can't agree. No verdict. And the judge says, get back in there.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: How does that work?
Speaker 6: You definitely, after a trial this long, you send them back and Sometimes you'll fashion an instruction. They used to have what they called an Allen instruction, but they don't use that anymore. Very few judges use it. And you tell them, you know, we spent a lot of time. You need to go through each piece of evidence, each witness, go back and see if you can't reach your verdict. And, you know, you never know whether it's like one person that's just refusing to vote a certain way or whether it's divided equally, so you just send them back and hope for the best.
Speaker 2: So they wouldn't tell the judge that? When you're a judge, you have no idea what's going on with the jury, so you wouldn't know if it's one knucklehead or if it's a 6-6?
Speaker 6: Generally, you don't know. Sometimes you'll ask them without saying which way it is, how are you divided? Like 9-3 or whatever, but you can't say 9 for guilty, 3 for not guilty. Sometimes you'll say, how are you divided? And if they say, like, 11 to 1, then you start thinking there's this one person. And then, who knows, then four persons send you a note that says, we have this one person that's not deliberating in good faith. And that creates a whole other can of worms.
Speaker 2: Now, I jack him a dope. Keep that in mind. What's a hung jury? What's a hung jury compared to what this is?
Speaker 6: Well, a hung jury is when they actually come out and say, there is no way that we can reach a verdict. We are hung. and then the judge declares a mistrial.
Speaker 3: So they're on their way to that.
Speaker 6: They're hung now. It's just not official yet.
Speaker 2: And then how many times can they say, we can't come to a conclusion, and you can say, get back in there and work. Try harder. I mean, is there a limit?
Speaker 6: No, there isn't, really. I mean, at some point, you start creating your own chaos by making people go back and try to do the impossible, at least what's impossible in their mind. So You know, a couple of times maybe. And you can tell by looking at the jury, if it's like one or two people, when they come back in, the other jurors will start looking at them and stuff. And you can kind of read the room, but you just don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, we got this report from Aaron Katursky, ABC News, saying some jurors looked weary. So they're probably looking at pictures of strangled little kids, right? I mean, that would wear on you.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, and plus they've been sitting there for a long time already looking at the pictures of strangled children and hearing all the details, and they go into a small room with just the 12 of them and rehash the thing all over again. Let me jump in, Larry.
Speaker 3: You were the judge. I was on several juries. It is a long, frustrating, circular discussion for hours and hours and hours. That's why they look fatigued, because you want to be anywhere else but there after a little while.
Speaker 6: They didn't want to be there in the first place, most of them. So, yeah, you're right. So, yeah, it is. I mean, you go around the table and everybody expresses, and it depends on who the foreperson is and how organized or how respected they are by the other jurors. It's just a great big black hole that you don't really know what goes on in there. It's like making sausage. You don't want to know how it comes out or what goes into the ingredients as opposed to the final result.
Speaker 3: I'm not surprised that this is going on with this trial. What's your thoughts on that?
Speaker 6: I'm not surprised at all. I mean, considering the topic of the trial, the three dead children, all the mental health issues and stuff, it would be very tough to get 12 people to say, yeah, this was premeditated first-degree murder. It's going to be at a very high bar.
Speaker 2: Well, even without that, I mean, unless Fox misled me this morning, I was watching that, and they were talking about all the different conclusions they could come to. Well, I mean, if it was just she's guilty of murder or not, okay, that's an argument. But if you've got to get into manslaughter versus second-degree versus guilty but guilty mentally ill. I mean, now you're cutting it a lot thinner. I can see how it'd be very difficult.
Speaker 6: Well, that may be partially a judicially created problem. I still don't understand how you get to manslaughter with this case. And by throwing that instruction in there and making that a possible verdict, that may have caused even more problems because there may be people that don't want to really find her guilty of first or second or first degree murder. Maybe second, they don't want her to go to a so they're trying to hang their hat on manslaughter, and other jurors are probably going like, how do you even get there? So that may have been a problem he created.
Speaker 3: Right, so you could easily have three different camps in the jury room trying to convince others to come in their direction. Yeah, good luck with that.
Speaker 6: Well... I mean, theoretically, four first degree, second degree manslaughter, not guilty and not guilty by not guilty by reason of insanity. I mean, you can go the whole gamut.
Speaker 2: Yes. Five different options, according to Fox and what you just said. And yeah, I could see how you could get into some pretty intricate discussions of what crosses the line from level two to level three or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 6: They don't want to walk out. I'm sure the jury is feeling pressure of trying to do something. And that just makes it more tense.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Larry Goodman, retired judge for the Superior Court, Alameda County, California. Larry, great to talk to you again. Thanks for the insights.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 6: You guys take care. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There's just there are too many variables in that math equation for a jury.
Speaker 2: That's all right. I mean, when you got that, was OJ just a straight up or down murder or not? I don't think so. But anyway, if you got that, then then you might have one of the scenarios like you're presenting where you just got one holdout knucklehead who can't deal with facts or something. But man, if you got five different choices, I could see getting into some serious conversations with some smart people who can deal with facts where it's no, I think this is second degree this. No, I think it's blah, blah. I mean, that's some you're slicing. It's a lot thinner.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah. Wow.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Terrible.
Speaker 7: That would be tiring.
Speaker 3: Human beings do two things. They think too little, and they overthink.
Speaker 2: I know I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: On almost every occasion.
Speaker 3: I think this case is an example of that.
Speaker 2: Overthinking, you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah. She killed three children. Period.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty. The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: People are going to want to know.
Speaker 3: People have a right to know.
Speaker 2: Carbon monoxide alarm goes off.
Speaker 3: That was a smoke alarm, actually. Oh, okay.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a carbon monoxide.
Speaker 4: No smoke.
Speaker 3: It was a wayward alarm. My alarm's been very tense lately. It's anxious. It drinks too much Red Bull. No, I have no idea. Because they go off sometimes.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if I have a carbon monoxide alarm in my house.
Speaker 3: I know we do because it's code, but you have to. You absolutely have to.
Speaker 2: I'm a renter, so I don't have any idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway.
Speaker 3: Who knows? It was a fire alarm.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: When did carbon monoxide things become a... And what causes that?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: 1998.
Speaker 2: How often does that happen?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's all the time. People go left and right. It doesn't happen much, but there are fatalities from it. It's terrible when it happens, but it's real.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Katie?
Speaker 5: I will let you know that I have had several correspondence with listeners who alf. some alarm was going off in their house i think.
Speaker 3: People across america thought and i apologize for that i i will i vow this will i take full responsibility you're.
Speaker 2: Like orson wells in the war of the worlds i mean you cause a lot of panic nationwide.
Speaker 3: Yes uh Okay, so before I was so rudely interrupted by my wayward smoke alarm, we were discussing James Lindsay's absolutely brilliant kind of dissection of why college finance got so insane and why everybody's so far in debt and Gen Z is now saddled with debt and wants to become communists and whatever the hell else. So if you missed the first part, it was segment one of this hour, Armstrong and Getty on Demand. You ought to subscribe because then it auto-downloads and it's effortless to listen whenever you want. But anyway, so he was talking about how People got into school just to buy the zillions because the money was now essentially free. It was backed by the government. It felt free. And a lot of people who really probably weren't cut out for a rigorous college education started to go into these critical theory majors, women's studies, queer studies, you know, whatever, you know, ethnic studies. Right. Right. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Of course, buyer beware. They're telling you what it is and you decide to buy it. So I guess.
Speaker 3: And then we also talked about how colleges competed by offering more and more cool, luxurious accommodations and services and gyms and better food and the rest of it. And picking up with James, in servicing these natural but ultimately adolescent mismatched priorities of 17-year-olds who had no reason whatsoever at the time to fear an unaffordable future, the colleges and universities actually accrued insane amounts of long-term mortgage debt at this time to fund the rapid building of all these new ultimately necessary luxury infrastructure expansions, which locked them into needing, not just wanting, that free-flowing federal money. So hundreds of millions of dollars was typical. on a single college campus, to expand and luxurize their facilities.
Speaker 2: I live where there is a major college, and I remember when they made USA Today, because they put up their new dorms that I drive by every single day that were like a five-star hotel, and I thought, what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Right, right.
Speaker 3: So, they were betting that the quasi-monopoly money trend would just keep flowing approximately forever by making these investments in the luxuries. Tuition rose in response pretty much without any natural control on it because every student could find a federally underwritten loan that provided the lender no risk, but left the student with all the debt. That is, the adults in the room, who would be the government, mortgage lenders, and university upper administrations, took absolutely no action whatsoever that could be regarded as responsible by any real metric. The government collapsed an incentive ecosystem based on some idiotic vision of the experts, and everyone just followed the broken incentives. Those whack job critical majors, meanwhile, rapidly expanded with these new inept students, filling the universities with an activist generation and recruitment system. that basically transformed the whole university from the inside out, both at the level of faculty and students. These people need surprisingly high levels of administration and demanded it in like kind. The transformation of our universities into woke seminaries is more or less fully on the back of the student loan decision.
Speaker 2: All that other stuff had more or less occurred to me. That hadn't occurred to me. That creating all these nonsense... majors and bringing in this crowd is what changed the politics in such a nutty way.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't. Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It made it so easy. So tuition costs rose at an average of two to eight times inflation because of this government created bubble, which loaded debt on the students. who had struggled to carry it for the rest of their lives by removing the incentives to be responsible from the lenders. Textbook companies wanted in on the gravy train, started jacking up the prices of books, which loans also covered. These two sectors are the second and third highest price increases in the entire economy after hospital care since 2000.
Speaker 2: Wow, the fact that it's even as crazy as it is it's behind hospital care is amazing. That's its own different topic.
Speaker 3: And as long as he's rolling, the really evil part of this, by the way, James Lindsay writes, is that the federal government wasn't creating a taxpayer-funded subsidy, a.k.a. free money in the usual sense. It was actually creating something infinitely worse. The students themselves, as is morally right in the narrow sense, would shoulder their own debt, which they'd have unlimited access to because the lenders were absolved of their natural lending risks. The universities pocketed all this money, but they even outspent themselves. So speaking of the universities going woke, it gets worse. The corner the universities had painted themselves into while saddling our two youngest adult generations with terrible debt and lying to them about their career prospects to keep the money flowing was so tight that they couldn't afford to lose students. So by 2005 or so, this was something like a crisis situation for the university's budgets, even though tuition had exploded in ways that made people's heads spin. The better student services competition to attract and to keep students didn't stop it became even more crucial and reckless.
Speaker 2: And so then the next step of that, you are right, you began the right way with the road to hell being paved with good intentions. Because the trail of all this, through changing the politics on the college campuses toward them graduating with useless degrees, and they were misled about their prospects of going out there and making a living, is why they've all become socialists.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, indeed. And I also point out that back in the day, I happened to go to the University of Illinois, and the accommodations were quite stark indeed, and we had a hell of a good time. But the attitude was, screw around, get out. There's like 10,000 people who want your slot. And yeah, you got a B because you didn't get an A. Quit whining. And this is not the kid's fault. As you point out a thousand times, Jack, they didn't raise themselves. The universities went from a posture like that that demanded work and excellence and blah, blah, blah, to essentially very much like a luxury resort you might go to for your anniversary trip with your sweetheart or whatever. It became a service with finicky, cash-rich customers as opposed to the traditional university relationship. And it all continued to spiral to the point we're at right now. And the kids really are screwed with the student debt. They had worthless majors that will never make them any money whatsoever. And they have enormous amounts of debt. But the idea that how we cure this is to cancel their debt and not reform any of those underlying problems we've been talking about. That's obscenely idiotic governance. Just obscene.
Speaker 2: Well, it'd be a lot easier to remake the finance system than it would be to remake the culture of. We don't hand out A's. You got to do lots of homework. This is going to be really hard. Only smart people are willing to work really, really hard are going to get degrees, etc. That culture will be really hard to change.
Speaker 3: Yes, given and James went a little light on this, but given the change in the faculty and administration, they're all leftists. They're all socialists slash communists, not all, but virtually also. They have no taste, no desire to reform it. This is why, you know, I'm always saying just bulldoze, bulldoze all the universities. or turn them into shopping malls or gyms or affordable housing or something like that. I don't know how you reform this. Well, you know how you reform it. On an individual level, friends, you send your kids to the schools that are still real schools that provide real education and in programs that make sense.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about testosterone coming up from an article I read. It's based on Pete Hegzeth talking about Was it going to give out testosterone or a testosterone check or whatever? But anyway, that was like the reason for the article. I thought the main part about the drop in testosterone among males and what it does was really interesting. You might be able to relate to it.
Speaker 3: I don't have any as I've disclosed before.
Speaker 2: Zero T.
Speaker 3: Zero T. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We're all a lot lower than we would have been before. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago. A lot lower than we would have been 50 years ago.
Speaker 3: There's six-year-old girls look at me and say, what a wuss. It's terrible.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 2: Okay, stay tuned for all that.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty. The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 7: A jury finding Dwayne Keefy D. Davis guilty, even though he did not pull the trigger.
Speaker 2: Guilty of first-degree murder with use of a deadly weapon.
Speaker 7: Prosecutors argued Davis ordered the hit on Shakur and provided the gun, saying he was working security for Sean Diddy Combs' Bad Boy Records and was angry about his nephew being roughed up by a group including Shakur and record executive Suge Knight Davis maintaining his innocence.
Speaker 2: So after all these years, 30 years. They got somebody for the killing of Tupac Shakur. 30 years. He had to think he got away with it. it, didn't he?
Speaker 3: But then he didn't he mention it in his book?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, he he mentioned it to a number of interviews and put it in a book. But he says that was just to sell books.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, not a good idea. Not a good idea if you're actually guilty to put it in a book. I would say I wouldn't I wouldn't play that whole. I wonder if I can get money off a claim and I'm guilty if I am guilty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not many beefs in the world of like rock and all the country that I existed in. There's very few beefs worth even like throwing a beer on somebody. Yes, Katie.
Speaker 5: So there the Diddy documentary that came out last year, it's called Sean Combs, The Reckoning. breaks down exactly how this whole thing happened. And Diddy had a lot to do with it, and I'm not too sure how he's just kind of floating by and not getting any charge on this at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of interesting because often they get the, you know, when it comes to mafias and it's a very similar sort of situation, that person at the top who was ordering these hits is the guy that gets dinged.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, it would be conspiracy to commit murder.
Speaker 3: Although in this case, it sounds like it was just a lower level beef and somebody went off the reservation and settled a score, perhaps without permission. Don't know.
Speaker 2: So when Biggie Smalls got killed outside the Peterson Auto Museum in L.A., that was a response to Tupac's death?
Speaker 3: Yeah. Retaliation.
Speaker 5: According to the documentary that I watched, yeah.
Speaker 2: So we worked, I won't say where, but one of the many buildings we've worked radio in, Big City. they had one of the most popular hip-hop stations in America. And because of that, the hallways had a locked door like every 30 feet as you walked around the building. You had to use your little key card, not just to get into the front door like it is at this radio station. I came in the front door, and once you're in, you're in. And you can walk all around and do anything you want and go to the bathroom and go get coffee or whatever you want. But in that particular building where the popular hip-hop station was, because they regularly had hip-hop artists in there, and they were worried about shootings and fights bringing out if their posse ran into their posse you had to have a key card to go like every 30 feet throughout the building it was it was like being in a prison yeah.
Speaker 3: It was like dealing with inmates you know you had to keep the uh you know the this group away from that group so you'd move them very carefully and know where each are and there was no freedom of movement you wouldn't you couldn't have one of the posse of your guest doing an interview wandering around the hallways isn't that crazy yeah it's crazy I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, when we would work from the studio to go to the bathroom, I remember counting one time, I think I had to go through four locked doors to go pee.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And then come back the same way.
Speaker 3: There are subcultures in America who settle minor disputes with deadly violence.
Speaker 2: That's wild. How much time have I got, Michael? We've got about four minutes. Oh, plenty of time for this, then. So the point of this article was to get into whether or not Pete Hegzeth doing testosterone checks on men was a constitutional right or whatever, that political issue. I just thought the stuff about the drop in testosterone among men was interesting and what it does for you. Because I'm a big proponent of testosterone. I did it for a couple of years. I went off. I didn't want to go off. I went off in December because they, this is embarrassing. So they have to get a blood test from you every so often to keep you on it. In case you're, you know, causing some harm or something like that, because it's a legit. They don't want to get sued. And for whatever reason, I just couldn't bring myself to do my home blood test because I got a needle phobia. And I put it off so long that they cut me off and I finally just got back on. So it's in the mail and I'll get back on here in a couple of weeks. But so I spent nine months off, which was handy because then I got to get a baseline of my. all my labs and everything like that with my doctor so he could keep an eye on it and everything. Yes, Katie?
Speaker 5: Is this that mechanism you stick in your shoulder and it drains? Because I assume they're not going to ask.
Speaker 2: You to find a vein. That one I liked. They got this one for your finger that actually hurts. Oh, okay. Anyway, so when I had to get my physical by a regular doctor, he said, this part of the story doesn't matter. But anyway, I was on testosterone for a couple of years.
Speaker 4: Off.
Speaker 2: Noticed a huge difference. Huge difference. And then I'm going back on it soon. But so as it says in this article here, testosterone levels in men have been dropping like crazy just between 99 and 2016. So this is in the modern era. You go back to like 1970 and it's really troubling. But just from 99 to 2016, among young men, testosterone fell by 25 percent since the turn of this century. Only 4% had low testosterone in 99. Now it's 20%, a five-fold increase. And it seems to be, the decline seems to be accelerating. That's shocking. It is shocking. And are we going to do anything about it? And they used to tie it in. They thought it was the obesity thing, but they've since decided that that's not it. It's some of it, but it's definitely not the main reason. So they don't know what the main reason is. But what I really... So when I brought it up with my doctor doctor, not the doctors at these websites you go to to get on testosterone or ZipBound or whatever you want to get on.
Speaker 3: Dr. Rubberstamp.
Speaker 2: They're real doctors, but yeah, they're rubber stamps. Um, my real doctor said, he said, yeah, I have so many guys that are on it because they just feel blah and they don't like feeling blah. And then they get on it and they don't feel blah anymore. And it talked in here about drive and motivation. Men rely on testosterone for dry drive and motivation. And when it falls, your motivation falls and you just don't have the vim and vigor for life that you once had. And when I was on it, so. You know, some people go on and lift weights. You can gain muscle faster, all that sort of stuff. But even if you're not going to exercise, it just makes you feel more energetic and like you did when you were 30 or 25 or whatever. Like, hey, I feel like getting up in the morning and taking on the world.
Speaker 3: Wow, I need some... I've got plenty of vigor, but zero vim. And that's... I mean, I'm vimless.
Speaker 2: And that's the concern for the military, is that. You know, has an effect on your not just aggressiveness, but just like like verve for life, like you're excited about life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the best I can come up with. And I'm neither an endocrinologist nor a anthropologist.
Speaker 2: But you told me you were an endocrinologist.
Speaker 3: I know. I know. I'm sorry. I've apologized a hundred times. But testosterone is interesting in that risk and danger and conflict and combat benefits. Bring it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They don't just use it. Yeah. They bring it out.
Speaker 2: That is interesting.
Speaker 3: Are we not a nation of veal calves in so many ways, particularly younger men?
Speaker 2: So it goes the other direction.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I'm under no threat, so what do I need testosterone for?
Speaker 3: I'll just be a pleasant lump over here.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.