Speaker 1: Something's not right here. Crime is up all over the state, the homelessness and the city is out of control.
Speaker 2: The economy is sick, axes.
Speaker 3: Are high, housing is expensive, and businesses are leaving.
Speaker 4: Leaving California means fixing, and John Phillips is just the man to leave the charge. It's The Fix California Hour with John Phillips and Randy.
Speaker 5: Way and we continue at one oh five in the afternoon on The John Phillips Show. Mister Randy Weggs in Culver City.
Speaker 6: You know, sometimes I don't really get the context of some of the comments that are in the chats, and then I'm realizing, oh, they're referencing some of the AI pictures that we played during the breaks. When someone said Randy has full body of herpes, I think they mean from the staff infection that we got from swimming and surfing in the Tijuana River.
Speaker 1: I would certainly hope.
Speaker 6: So anyway, we're broadcasting live on the radio on seven ninety KABC and a ten KSFO, and we love you if you're listening on the radio.
Speaker 3: But boy, you got to watch this sho show.
Speaker 6: We're having so much fun doing this live on video every single day and if you can't watch us live, it's all on demand. Just go to Johnny don'tlike dot com. That's Johnny, don'tlike dot Com. We'd appreciate a subscribe. When we get to five thousand subscribers, we're going to the Tijuana River and hit the like button. Share the show. Tell your friends, we want more people to be watching this. I want one of those YouTube plaques that Chris Silla's has.
Speaker 5: It is our pleasure to welcome our next guest to the program. He is a candidate for the United States House of Representatives to replace Laura Friedman. The seat includes Hollywood, Burbank, Glendale, and mid Wilshire. You can follow him on x at Scott A. Myers La Scott Alan Myers.
Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys, Thank you for having me. That's what you look like.
Speaker 5: Huh well, thank you so much for stopping by.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it.
Speaker 5: So let's start out with the new homeless numbers that came out that show that the number of people living on the streets in Los Angeles is going up, not down, despite the fact that we're spending millions and millions and millions of dollars on these homeless services and Goos. The same thing is happening in Long Beach, the next biggest city south of Los Angeles. And you look at other parts of the country that see their homeless populations going down. If it's going down around the country, one would assume that it should be going down here in California. But it's not. It's going up. And we spend more on the homeless than any other state in the Union. And despite the fact that Mayor Bass understands that these numbers are going up, as do others on the council and elsewhere, instead of saying maybe we should try something different, maybe what we're doing isn't working, they say they're going to double and triple down on their policies that are failing us. Your thoughts.
Speaker 7: I think it was Daniel Patrick moynihan that said, if you want to make something worse, throw money at it. And this is what we're doing. The other cities aren't doing this. What does it matter whether it's forty three thousand or forty five thousand or fifty thousand. I mean, first of all, the numbers are not reliable anyway. It's taken over. They're counted over three nights every February from six o'clock to nine o'clock, when people are huddled on trains and maybe in underpasses not to be seen. What would the count be if it happened today at six o'clock. I think we'd be well well over fifty five thousand. But it really doesn't matter what the numbers are. Clearly it's failing. And what we're doing is we're modifying prior policies thinking we're going to get it right. We're going to get this this concoction just right, and we're not. It's it's clearly, whether it's whether it's ninety five percent or ninety eight percent or sixty percent, it's mostly a drug problem and a drug tolerance problem. I'm here in Burbank. There's not a single encampment in sight why you can't dangle a bag of myth from the corner of all of an Alameda. If you're hunched over in a fentanyl fold outside my office building, the cops are going to pick you up and take you somewhere. Mayor Bass drives right by these people every single day, every single day, she's passing out needles, making it easier passing out meth pipes. Making it easier. The word on the street is our myth is breaking bad quality math. It's the myth in the country, and it's really cheap. And fentanyl is a dollar and it's three dollars in Santa Monica and it's only about an hour and a half high. So it's a drug tolerance problem. Why are we not interdicting the drug dealing gangs? You know, that's anyone's guess. You're smart guys. I'm a smart guy. We're trying to figure out why is she tolerant of this? Why is Nithia? And Nythia would be far worse, but why is there such tolerance? And all I can think of is it's a system of corruption, money laundering in a back door to get out the vote, because these people are voting and we know how they're voting.
Speaker 5: It seems to me as if and I've lived here my entire life, there's always been homeless people in California. Our weather is better than other states, and I understand that you're just always going to have a certain number of people who are dealing with problems and living on the streets. But to my eye, it really got worse and it really started exploding the moment we started taking a permissive attitude about drugs, the moment we said it's okay to do drugs in public, it's okay to have paraphernalia everywhere. We're not going to put you in jail if we catch you with drugs. We're not going to force you to go clean and sober. We're not going to do all the things that we used to do in this state when we would catch someone with drugs. We just allowed it to happen, and we convinced ourselves that that was the compassionate response to it. The moment we decided we were going to move in that direction, that's when it started growing exponentially. And that's when we lost control of it. And instead of acknowledging the obvious what's in front of our faces on a daily basis, our elected officials say it's a housing problem, which it's clearly not.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well I don't I don't think the public agreed to all of this. Of this, Uh, this lacks of daisical approach to to drugs. It was it was the leaders and this and we the average moderate person. The majority of people don't want to see this on their streets. They don't want to see it in their neighborhoods. They don't want to see it on their playgrounds. It's the leaders and the one of the problems in this city, this especially this city, is we can't get people like Karen Bass, Nathia raman unsses Hugo to stand for for five minutes before the press. There's no requirement, there's not a requirement for any elective leader in this state to meet with the press at any time or the public. They can hide, they can play the basement strategy all through their all through their tenure, and the press is not aggressive. The press s would be knocking on the doors of these people. The press should just schedule a press conference, but and and see if they show up. They don't show up, well that tells you something. But we don't have a functional press in this city where the La Press Club whatever happened to that. It's now just a banquet, an awards dinner, exchanging, you know, exchanging certificates and plaques every every year at some dinner. So we don't have an aggressive press. We can't get answers from Karen Bass if we if she was really required to answer the answer questions and the city council was required to answer questions we would they would have to stand for these policies, and I think people would vote differently, and I think it would be just enough to overcome our problems. For example, when Ethan Weaver ran against Nathia Ramon in twenty twenty four, well, he was leading that night, but she eventually won. How much did she win by? She won by exactly three hundred and fifty votes, over over fifty percent. So it's access to these people. It's a weak journalist who don't really know how to ask a question, don't know how to follow up, and don't realize that they've been head faked until the next morning when they wake up and say, gee, I didn't get really an answer to that question that I asked.
Speaker 5: We're speaking with Scott Allen Myers, who is a candidate for the United States Congress in the Burbank Hollywood area. Scott, you're running against incumbent Congresswoman Laura Friedman, who comes from the state legislature and the Glendale City Council before that, where throughout her entire career she has prided herself on being an environmentalist. You look at other elected officials in California, from Karen Bass all the way up to Gavin Newsom, all of them regard themselves as environmentalists. We now have an environmental disaster going on in Boyle Heights that is also a public health disaster where we had a fire that burned for over a week, dangerous smoke and chemicals were being pumped into the air, and the government, led by Barbara Ferrer at the La County Department of Public Health, went into that neighborhood and told those people that it was safe.
Speaker 1: To breathe in those fumes.
Speaker 5: They stayed there because of the advice that the government gave them, and now they're all sick. Their lungs are filled with fluids, they're bleeding from the nose, they have headaches, they have rashes.
Speaker 1: It's a whole situation.
Speaker 5: And you look at Newsom and you look at Bissera, who's running for governor, who used to represent that area in both the state legislature and the Congress.
Speaker 1: Neither one of them has been there.
Speaker 5: Neither one of them has shown up and taken their lumps at those community meetings like they're supposed to. It's part of the job when you're the governor, or you're the next prospective governor. They just pretend like it's not happening. If you are a legitimate environmentalist, if you're legitimately concerned about the health and well being of your constituents, wouldn't you be at ground zero. Wouldn't that be a stop that you have to take instead of ignoring it and hoping that the problem will go away.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, But you know, everybody is an environmentalist. You cannot find somebody who wouldn't care about the environment, Republican, Democrat, whatever, whatever.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: I made a strange request of some friends on line last weekend, and no one took me up on the offer. I even offered freeom munch. I went down. I went down the Lineage fire area the middle of the day, about four o'clock actually, and I thought i'd walk up to the building, maybe see some people protesting and talk to some locals. And I got to a street called Prado and I got out of my car, and the moment I stepped out of my car, I couldn't believe what I was smelling. But I continue to walk toward it, thinking, Okay, it's going to get better. No, it got worse. I couldn't get near the building. I didn't have a mask, I couldn't get near the building. So I abandoned that idea. I wanted to get some pictures for the campaign. I thought, Okay, I'm gonna go to King Taco. I've never been to King Taco. It's about a mile away. When I'm waiting in line, I see that there's only outdoor dining, and I'm thinking, I can smell that. I can smell that almost almost as badly as as when I got out of my car block away and there's no way I'm going to eat. I got in my car and left. Buta Besarah's going to use the basement strategy too. I mean, the numbers are with him, the mathematics are with him, so he doesn't need to go and be seen there. Newsom doesn't care. What benefit is is it going to be for him? Karen Bass needs to find some federal impact and ask, you know, ask the White House, ask the evil man Donald Trump, the Orange man, orange man bad ask him for FEMA help because this is it is so unfair. And there were people in their front yard who are living there, like maybe four or five six houses away. I saw them on the front in the front yard, there's still people are living right next to that, that lineage fire building. So yes they should, of course they should. But it's all about politics and there's no benefit to Bessarah, there's no benefit to new Some and Karen Bassa, as you know, got got boot out. But she needs to she needs to emerge and eat some.
Speaker 1: Oh did we lose him?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Did we lose Scott?
Speaker 1: I think we might have lost him.
Speaker 6: Well, let me see if I could bring him back. Let's let's just see what happens. Let's see if he can. Oh, wait, he's coming back. Are we ready?
Speaker 5: I'm so sorry, that's okay, Yeah, go ahead, are we there? Yeah, you're back. Guys, Yeah, you're back. Could you hear me?
Speaker 1: All right? I don't think he can hear us.
Speaker 6: Well, Scott Allen Myers was just trying to make sure that we got to break on time. That's the first time I had to hit the dump button since we went live. Wait, Randy Economy didn't swear. I don't think he did. Maybe he did. He did drop the phone a lot. We want to thank Scott Allen Myers for joining us on the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you can follow him on X at Scott A. Myers LA.
Speaker 1: All Right, I.
Speaker 5: Want to talk to you, Randy, about what my next question was going to be for Scott Allen Myers, because I think it's an important one. Scott Allen Myers is running in a district that was drawn to be a Democratic district, where the Democratic candidate has a voter registration advantage over the Republican and the mathematics should really create a situation where the Democrat can sail to reelection without sweating too much. And you say, okay, well, why is it that you even bother to run against them? And the answer is, the voters deserve to have a conversation about the future of their state, about the future of their community. And if these people run unopposed and they don't have anyone saying, now, what you're doing isn't working, this is a better idea. Let's consider this. If voters don't have that opportunity to express themselves on that ballot, even if it's not enough to get to fifty plus one, there's got to be some way for people to register their outrage, for people to register the fact that they do not believe in what's going on right now in this city, in this state and what's destroying our quality of life. I think it's important for people like Scott to put their name on the ballot and to do what he's doing, because you look right now at the mayoral election and in the general election, we're left with an awful.
Speaker 1: Choice where we have Nithia or Karen.
Speaker 5: We don't have a viable option or any other option, I guess because no writings are allowed in a top two system, and we're stuck picking between worse and worser.
Speaker 1: And it's just.
Speaker 5: It makes people feel totally depressed when you don't have the ability to register your outrage.
Speaker 6: People deserve to have that conversation. And even when you were facing odds that look that they're impossible, that doesn't mean you give up. These races are very hard to win until they aren't. And part of what you do is every single time you put up the best possible candidate, not somebody that is going to compete heavily in the primary and then just give up. In June, we've seen plenty of that, Steve Garvey. You give it your all, You make every possible opportunity to get your message heard, and maybe you move the needle a few more points this year. Maybe you move the needle a few more points next year. You you have to always try to put your best effort out there, because we've seen what happens when the minority gives up in one party role, where sometimes you have races that aren't even contested. We cannot have that. There needs to be some balance in this state. And part of what you got to do is you got to, no matter what the seat is, have somebody that wants to give an alternative voice out there.
Speaker 5: Amen, it's the John Phillips Show. It's the John Phillip Show. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't Like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com and Randy. You cannot only listen to us on the radio, but you can watch us perform the show live at Johnny don't Like dot com.
Speaker 6: And live is the important word there. We're technically live on the radio, but I do have a twenty second delay that makes sure that we stay on the air. With the FCC. We are as live as you can get on YouTube. And when somebody accidentally blurts out an S bomb, well you're just gonna hear it. It happens from time to time. It does, and it makes me giggle. But it's just another reason. If you want the livest experience possible, check us out online at Johnny don't like dot com. Even the radio stream is what we call post delay. But here on YouTube, anything goes. Kids, tell your friends, hit the like button, subscribe, get us to five thousand so John and I can go suffer in the Tijuana River and share this show with your friend, your family, your social circles, anybody that you'd think that would like to listen to this because we need to get bigger and you can help us out do that.
Speaker 5: And the Accountability Podcast is out if you're looking for content over the weekend.
Speaker 6: Their newest episode that we did, Steve Hilton Interview, is up to three thousand views. We like to get that one even higher. It was a great interview and it was a lot of fun, so check it out and share that one with your friends as well.
Speaker 5: The Fixed California Hour continues in moments, don't you go anywhere. It's the John Phillip Show. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. Is the telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two if you'd like to watch us perform the show live good at Johnny. Don't like dot com and click that like button. It's the big thumbs.
Speaker 6: Up and play around in that chat room which is getting kind of filthy on a Friday.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: All right, it's try to open up the California Crime Blodder.
Speaker 2: It's happened yet again.
Speaker 4: Nice see time for the California crime Blodder.
Speaker 1: And this edition of The Blotterer takes us to Silver Lake.
Speaker 6: We started this week with a crime blodder story at a pet shop, and we're ending this week with a crime blodder story at a pet shop. And it was probably the same guy for mar Here is ktla.
Speaker 8: Now at ten thirty eight. Popular pet store is targeted by thieves twice in less than a week. Burglar smashing through the front window, getting away with cash, and the company say, those thieves rolled the safe out in a shopping cart. They didn't even cover their faces.
Speaker 1: And it was all caught on camera.
Speaker 4: KTLA's Hailey Winslow live in Silver Lake with the latest Hailey.
Speaker 9: In the first smashing Grab you guys, the crooks went into a jungle gym of wires and new exact which one to pull to turn off the Wi Fi and the surveillance cameras and this one. They took their sweet time, seemingly unfazed by the alarm going off, the sun streaming in, and the people walking by.
Speaker 1: Boy, they just slithered like a snake.
Speaker 10: We'll see. There's no sense of urgency, more of a smash and stroll.
Speaker 9: Criminals leisurely roll a safe and a shopping cart through a pet store.
Speaker 6: We've said it before and we'll say it again. Safes aren't safe.
Speaker 1: Not even a little bit. Kids.
Speaker 4: It's fine.
Speaker 6: If you want to know how safe safe are, ask Karen Bass where her guns are.
Speaker 9: At forty five Thursday morning at the Urban Pet and Silver Lake on surveillance, this guy smashes the glass of the front door and slides in under the handlebar behind him his partner in crime on a lime scooter. The lookout then follow them.
Speaker 6: Well, this is a very silver leg hipster kind of crime.
Speaker 1: They got robbed by opie.
Speaker 9: Him in with no masks or gloves. The bad guys go straight to the safe and even look right into the security camera before they duck out the back door. This is their second strike in a week, first burglarizing the Urban Pet Beverley location Saturday at four thirty am, taking the cash from that safe as well.
Speaker 10: The stature and the look of the first person who comes in the store is a mirror image of the person that was in the Beverly location.
Speaker 9: Tim Percy is director of operations for the Urban Pets four locations. Owner Zach Gray, who's out of town, started this business twenty years ago.
Speaker 10: I had ninety five dollars to his name. He first started by having a dog obedience company.
Speaker 9: Do you have any idea who this could be?
Speaker 10: They don't look familiar to us, but because of their comfort level and how articulate they are and going through the store, it's clear that one way or another is an inside job.
Speaker 6: So it might not be a former employee or a current employee, I guess, but it could be a disgruntled former or current employee telling somebody, hey, here's how to get to the safe, or just think about the number of people who are regulars inside a business like that. It could be someone who's a delivery driver. It could be someone who is I don't know, an ac repair man. It could be someone who's a plumber. It could be a handyman. It could be someone who delivers things to the shop. Someone who's in there on a regular basis might pick certain things up.
Speaker 1: I guess. I don't know.
Speaker 10: Whether it's information passed to them from someone who knows the stores, or whether it's from them frequenting the stores themselves during the day as customers. But I don't think that they're after large sums of money, because that's not what they're getting. I think it's just.
Speaker 6: How much money could you be getting from a pet shop?
Speaker 1: What are they selling?
Speaker 5: Are they selling some of those really desirable dogs that everyone wants, you know, the allergy free ones.
Speaker 6: No, you're not allowed to sell those in a store anymore. You're only allowed to sell those illegally on skid row.
Speaker 10: Anything a value because typically.
Speaker 6: What they're selling is like designer dog bags, crates, treats. Looks like they're doing a photography studio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't know they had that where it's like the Seeries photography center.
Speaker 3: But for pets, i'd probably buy it.
Speaker 9: Pet stores wouldn't be the first place on my listener.
Speaker 6: In fact, when I had a photographer come to my house earlier this year to do my photo shoot, we included the dogs in some shots, because yes, I'm that kind of person.
Speaker 8: To break into.
Speaker 10: Precisely, the tools to get it open are going to be worth more cost way more than what's in.
Speaker 9: It, and for the urban pet more costly than the lost cash.
Speaker 6: Well, and we all know what happens when they steal a safe or an ATM machine. At some point they get inside, they steal the bunny, and then they dump the piece of equipment off of the side of a bridge on the one eighteen freeway, and there's just like this land of the dead of broken ATM machines under the one eighteen.
Speaker 9: It's fixing the damage these criminals caused getting to the safe.
Speaker 10: They've taken advantage of the idea that they have so much time before anyone can arrive, or that there's been so much leniency in theft.
Speaker 6: See right there, that's a doggy show Heyo Tani shirt.
Speaker 1: Someone's got that.
Speaker 6: Someone's gonna buy that, and the dog's not gonna like it. Some dogs like it.
Speaker 1: That doesn't really, the dog's an angel fan.
Speaker 6: You don't have enough human fans to fill up that stadium.
Speaker 10: That's all I can speculate, because why wouldn't you have your faces covered?
Speaker 9: Percy says he understands that LAPD is understaffed and underfunded and doing the best they can. The officer who responded, in fact, told him that they go to about forty to fifty alarms that go off a.
Speaker 5: Night, and my goodness, what is going on in this city, Free rain?
Speaker 9: The vast majority are false alarms, So that's what they're expecting. When they pulled up here and saw the broken glass. LAPD did take the Lime scooter with them, operable by a credit card, hoping if that credit card is not stolen, it'll trace them back to the culprit reporting live in Silver Lake. I'm Hailey Winslow KTLA five News.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 6: For the second time in a week, a pet store got burglarized.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you, we hear nothing but stories from the elected official about how crime is actually going down in this state, and yet we're never at a loss of stories to fill the blotter.
Speaker 6: There's never a lull that's always out there. And yet maybe if you look at some specific statistics, although some of those numbers are juked because they've changed the definitions of these crimes. But you also have to remember this statistic specifically when you talk about burglaries, whether we're talking about home burglaries or we're talking about commercial burglaries, eighty five percent of the time, the perpetrators don't get caught, so they have a very likely chance that they're going to get away with it, and they're all into this. I mean, we saw so many different burglaries in the San Fernando Valley over the summer, and how many arrest did we end up actually getting maybe one, maybe two. For the most part, it just does not happen, and so people know they can get away with this. That is why not only do you have locals committing these crimes, but you also have people committing these crimes from international gangs actually from Chile that come up here and they decide they're going to visit the United States and come to southern California because they can commit their crimes and they're most likely not going to get caught. Crime tourism, that's what they call it.
Speaker 5: All right, The California crime blotter continues in Mobentz right here on the John Phillips Show. It's the John Phillip Show. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two, and you can watch us perform the show live at Johnny don't like dot com.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of fun radio talk going on in the chat right now, just typing great idea. Yes, we should totally be on kst Ian Sacramento and Colgo in San Diego.
Speaker 5: It If you're watching us live on YouTube, please click that like button. It really helps us out. We're already at over two hundred. We're doing great, y'all are killing it all right, It's now time to reopen the California Crime Bladder.
Speaker 4: If Cash's dummy, we couldn't make this stuff up if we tried.
Speaker 3: I said, hell no, very boy, let me get up one out of here.
Speaker 4: It's the California Crime Bloat, all right, Randy.
Speaker 1: This one takes us back to the jewelry shop.
Speaker 6: Where a bizarre kind of distraction robbery took place, but the woman who was going to be the victim wasn't taken any of it because she wasn't gonna get her necklace stolen. Check this out this report from Fox forty in Sacramento.
Speaker 11: They're calling jewelry distraction thefts happening throughout Sacramento County and the surrounding areas. Deputy say suspects often appear friendly and non threatening so they can distract victims while removing their jewelry. Fox Forty's arena shotot showing us now live from the Sheriff's office.
Speaker 6: After there's a word I want to use for this that starts with a G that I don't think you're allowed to say anymore.
Speaker 11: Picking with one victim who is sharing her harrowing experience, row.
Speaker 2: Well, Nikki, the young woman you're about to meet, is just twenty two years old. She said that she didn't think twice about helping a woman who she believed was disabled outside of the family restaurant. Fortunately, she kept her wits about her when things started to go terribly wrong. Back on the seventeenth of this month, this man came into b Dow's family restaurant FA bac wa Vie said his.
Speaker 6: Time, Oh that sounds great. Usually it's a play on words. Yeah, there's some pretty funny ones in k Town.
Speaker 2: Disabled.
Speaker 6: What there's a place at Encino I went out a business but it was called fabulous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there used to be unforgettable. And then on sunset there was one called Beverly Hills nine O two one foe.
Speaker 6: The thing is, as a big fan of Vietnamese food, any place that has a pun isn't going to be nearly as legit as just fae. If it just has some random number, it's probably the best Vietnamese food you've ever had.
Speaker 5: Remember when we did that remote in Upland and it had the word king after it so we couldn't say.
Speaker 1: It on the radio.
Speaker 6: Why yes, I do remember that. Everything about that remote was very interesting, why we were there, the venue that we were doing it at. I mean, we've had some unique remotes. Right now, we're in a good spot. We're a few weeks away from announcing a new Pineapple Hill remote and a new Gladstone's remote. But remember a couple of years ago and like, hey John and Randy, we're going to send you to a gas station in South Pasadena.
Speaker 3: We did that.
Speaker 5: That was like an empty office though, wasn't it. Yeah, this was an Upland. It was like in an empty office in a strip mall. Thanks Randy Economy. We were there to promote the idea of San Bernardino County seceding from the state. I mean, obviously, we'll say yes to anything, So if you got a remote idea, email us and get us a sponsor.
Speaker 2: Side. And they wanted to order food.
Speaker 12: It was on this side, and I'm with her, so I told her, how are you.
Speaker 2: Doing sitting on the passenger side. She asked me what was good on the menu?
Speaker 12: And then she looked at me like this, and I said, hey, you so preedy. You look so cute, and I said, oh, thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she knows right away. Oh this doesn't look right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 12: I am always like a person who don't want nobody to touch me.
Speaker 2: I think she just distrapped me as the same.
Speaker 10: Something.
Speaker 12: And then she started to put a chain, the big chain on me. With the big chain, but in front of my face. She keeps looking at me, and then she started to pull my neck. And then the guy already I drove, he's driving and she's still holding my neck and my chain.
Speaker 6: So they're trying to drive off while holding her necklace while it's still on her. Trying to use the force to rip it off.
Speaker 5: So it's not at a traditional jewelry store, it's just a de facto one in the parking lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but this story is from last week, and I forgot for a second what it was about, and then I remembered, Oh, we never did this one. This is a great one.
Speaker 2: At that point, she says, her foot started to drag on the ground as the vehicle began to move away. As the woman refuted used to release B and her.
Speaker 3: She goes flying.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, m her chaine.
Speaker 2: B says she also grabbed onto the woman, who then tried to put a towel or paper in her mouth. Today I tried to put on me, but I keep.
Speaker 3: I love this woman.
Speaker 5: She starts throwing punches as she's hanging off the side of a moving car.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't mess.
Speaker 12: With Bee tries to like, you know, at that moment, only my only thing in my mind was just I'm done.
Speaker 2: I'm done by mom. By that, I'm done, I'm dead. But thankfully B is a lot.
Speaker 6: She thought she was going to get murdered over this necklace.
Speaker 1: It's rough out there.
Speaker 2: If to share her story and warn others to be aware, the couple took off when they heard a random ambulance siren.
Speaker 12: He paniced a little bit.
Speaker 2: Be suffered lots of bruises and cuts, but she's okay. So was her neck the necklace she won.
Speaker 5: She might have some scars, but she still has that necklace.
Speaker 12: Oh, half of the necklace she taught us she has it?
Speaker 2: Was she not? Because I have han't it?
Speaker 3: I used that to.
Speaker 2: Jump Deputies haven't found the couple yet.
Speaker 6: We've got the license played on camera and it's a beat up minivan.
Speaker 3: How hard could this be?
Speaker 1: You think it was Katie Porter?
Speaker 3: Let's not even make that. Well, let me just ask her.
Speaker 6: She's in the room, Katie, Are you stealing necklaces in Sacramento?
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't Katie.
Speaker 1: Okay, we could rule her out doing prop comedy over here.
Speaker 13: Seeing the uptick that we've had recently, we really wanted to get the information out to the public to just make them aware. Unfortunately, had instances of them following people home. A lot of them have turned violet when people realize that one's trying to steal from them and they violently remove that jewelry from them.
Speaker 2: Sergeant Edward I Go says recent incidents have also been reported at and near costcos and walmarts, along with other high traffic businesses.
Speaker 12: Maybe don't talk to the strangers, don't open your mouth with nobody, don't trust nobody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got to tell you right now. She knows better now. But it sure seems suspicious that somebody claims, I need you to come out to the car and take my order at the faw shop because we're going to eat it in the car. You can't eat soup in the car.
Speaker 1: It's not in and out. I wonder if they ordered that fall animal style.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 2: Seargeant Igo says they do believe that this is an organized ring of thieves working together. They do have warrants a rest warrants out for those that they've been able to identify through surveillance, although they believe that those people are out of the area at least for now. Reporting life in Sack County tonight, covering local news that matters where we were Shadduck's Fox forty News.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 6: Wild story out of Sacramento County where a woman working at a Vietnamese restaurant gets called out. Hey, we've got a disabled woman here. Can you show her the menu? She all of a sudden is like, oh, you're so pretty, can I see your face? And then yank's the necklace. But this girl wasn't taking it, so she fights back and she still has that necklace today.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine, given the fact that the come online was you're so pretty, come closer, the next time some old pervert hits on her in the restaurant, they're gonna get kicked right in the crotch, because you know, sometimes the older guys are like that. They see a pretty girl in the restaurant and they decide they're gonna flirt, and usually they mean nothing by it, and they certainly don't anticipate violence as a response to it. But my guess is she's going to be a little punchy the next time someone tells her she's pretty.
Speaker 6: She is ready to go on the offence. Ain't nobody taking her necklace. So here's what I'm picturing. She's a young Asian woman with short, blonde hair and lots of tattoos. Right, yes, Okay, the next guy that's going to come on her and tell her that she's pretty is going to look like Christopher Lloyd from Back to the Future, and he's going to expect that, at a minimum, she's going to giggle, and maybe she'll say oh stop it or oh thank you. And the last thing that he's going to expect is to have a piping hot bowl of foe dumped right on that bald head of his.
Speaker 3: M hmmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 6: That was a good crime, Bladder. We've got one more hour coming up.
Speaker 1: Don't you go anywhere.