Speaker 1: When NFL coaches speak, we listen, and I just think it's difficult to box without sparring. I couldn't get free copies football season. Most players play football, and football says this is coach speak on the Sports Leader. All right, get right into it. All good. Raft sounds good man. I like it. I like it, Sam Spence, NFL Films. I'm loving it.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm looking at a video Aaron Donald at Rams practice today.
Speaker 1: It's happening, dude. So they're gonna lead.
Speaker 3: Our only hope is he's got visa problems, you know what I mean, trying to try to get get into as Australia. He's got he's got passport issues. I don't Yeah, So apparently they're gonna go.
Speaker 2: They're gonna break training camp from their I guess I don't know where they're at right now, but they're going to their main facility on Friday.
Speaker 1: It could be where you get someon Aaron Donald news.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you, I kind of like their theory of how they're gonna travel better than the Niners. Well, they've been successful. I endorse it more not endorse it again. Nobody really knows what's gonna be best. I'm endorsing the RAMS, but like, I just feel like your body gets so wrecked anyway. You sometimes got to fly five hours after a flight anyway, not that fourteen hours or anything like flat five coming across country. Yeah, but I like the idea that like, let's just wreck our bodies for three days or four days instead of doing it for a week and then having to readjust back into whatever clock and schedule. Well, we have no team has ever had to cross the international date line, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think this is the first I would think.
Speaker 3: So they're gonna take off from Australia, They're gonna take off from here, and they're gonna get there, and they will have lost the day. And then when they come back, Like when I flew back from Sydney, Australia in March, I left at nine pm in Sydney and I arrived in San Francisco at like four thirty pm in San Francisco the same day, So I got back like four and a half hours before I left, Right, So they'll get back and be like, well, this sucks. But then they'll just go to sleep and you try to sleep through the night in your backup. The next saying you can get your body back on the clock.
Speaker 1: That's kind of how happens to my whole travel to going to Rome.
Speaker 3: Yours doesn't count, dude, you never did any way.
Speaker 1: Man, you pulled the RAM strategy. Yeah, basically in and out and performing for a wedding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had more time wait performing for Anny.
Speaker 1: They're performing on the football field.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, wedding. You didn't have a dance show up to dance. You know, he can be ours a number to call and the number to text. Uh, all right, why don't we get into it NFL and coaches talk? We listen, it's the segment we wait to call coach speak. You heard it coming in there? Yes, Uh, why don't we start with?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Did Mike Brown? Normally you don't get a basketball coach and coach.
Speaker 1: Speak, But we went to NFL practice. You showed up at forty nine ers practice.
Speaker 3: Mike Brown, former Warriors assistant, former King's head coach, former Lakers coach.
Speaker 1: Was he a Laker coach? Yes?
Speaker 3: And he was calvs coach twice twice. Anyway, now he's the Knicks head coach. We lose the music after all that? Yeah, for all that, and he's a Super Bowl. He's a Super Bowl champion, He's an NBA champion. Here's Mike Brown at Niners practice just a couple of days ago.
Speaker 5: The Niners a great man. I'm excited for the season. I'm always rooting them on. You know, Giants, Jets apologize.
Speaker 1: But it is what it is.
Speaker 5: My my heart love all that stuff is right here in the Bay Area. But ever since my youngest son became a part of the staff, I believe I'm not bleed orange and blue with the Knicks, but there's a little sliver in that heart when you slice it open that the red comes out, and I make sure everybody knows it when I'm back in New York's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cameron Brown is the defensive quality control coach for the forty nine ers and the son of Mike Brown.
Speaker 1: So how about that? Yes, I like that. Yeah, I mean, Mike Brown's always down with the Bay Area.
Speaker 2: I don't know he was such a big I mean, I guess it makes sense with his sumworking for the team right now, and I thought he was a raider guy back in the day.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised he came out so firm against the Giants and the Jets when he saw what happened to Elmo when almost Alma before the NBA Finals said I hope everybody has it.
Speaker 1: I'm going next, but I hope everybody has a good time.
Speaker 3: And dude, remember they were marching through New York in a parade after the after they won the title that night.
Speaker 1: It almost had on a spike.
Speaker 2: I think Jets and Giants fans give Mike Brunn a pass after what he accomplished this Jenson brand.
Speaker 3: Giants should be talking to anybody should be worrying about their like the San Francisco Giants. Get your own house in order before you're worrying about anybody else. Damn Streight, I can't be worrying about the Dodgers. Look at you get the five hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a brutal division for the Dolphins, could be the worst team in football. The Jets have been a joke for the longest time. You got the bills of the Patriots and you're not gonnaea with those teams.
Speaker 3: I do love that night or schedule off of Australia, though, tell you that. Yeah, play the Dolphins, DOLPHENSI and then Cardinals both at home, and the Rams schedule Ooh, don't think of on Monday though.
Speaker 1: Don't think it an extra day.
Speaker 2: They go to Monday, but then they play Sunday night the following week, Week three against Denver Broncos, and then they go to Philly after that.
Speaker 3: And if you play a Sunday after a Monday, you go long week to short week.
Speaker 1: Yep. At this run flight to long flight. I'm moving on here and coach speak.
Speaker 3: How about Liam Cohen, head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars, has beef with Sala. Yeah, he did have beef with Sala. He's also just kind of got beef with everybody. He's pissed that the Jaguars do not get the attention they deserve nationally. So he's sitting there watching Kyle Brandt and he's like, you gotta say my name, you mention the Jags. I was watching Good Morning Football. Is like, let's go Dante Whitner. You gonna mention me? Here's on William Cohen.
Speaker 1: No, you're right.
Speaker 6: You know what I said to the staff the other day, I go, guys, is the best part of coaching the Jacksonville Jaguars. You don't have to make up telling your players stuff, you know, to make up the fire. You don't have to make it up. It's given to us every day, and it's like a welcome it's a gift from the heavens. From that, you know.
Speaker 1: You just scroll.
Speaker 6: I just go pull off my phone, look at the NFL Network website and just pop up.
Speaker 1: Here and am curious.
Speaker 6: If I see any photos or anything about the Jacksonville Jaguars. I think I'll just scroll right on through it. I think I'll see forty pictures of Caleb Williams and I won't see a single thing about any of our players on here. It's so it's beautiful because it's like, yeay, guys, this is great.
Speaker 1: Thanks keeps on giving.
Speaker 6: And tell all these guys how much you all think they suck.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and we'll just keep going.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's good motivation.
Speaker 3: He's kind of jarking, but he's also being serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but every coach uses their own form of motivation. Like Bill Belichick all the time would tell the Patriots they don't believe in us.
Speaker 1: Of course they believe in You went three super Bowls.
Speaker 3: Said, everybody counted us out. I was like, did you're the second best title adds all year?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Even even They're like, nobody thought we could do this, did you?
Speaker 2: Vegas did just just just because one person in ESPN's like, yeah, I don't know if it's there, if it's their year, you know, Like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: What is this music? NFL films? Man, this is too Yeah, this SpongeBob music and NFL film's music.
Speaker 3: It's running through a sound track. I thought it was like Inspector Gadget or something.
Speaker 1: No, come on, now, that's a great theme song.
Speaker 2: No, But I mean, like Liam Cohen, like this is just motivation for the team. And I think Kyle Brain did a whole segmare. He's like, I looked at the front page of NFL dot com. There is nothing about the Jacksonville Jaguars. That's been the case for the longest time. So it's not a disrespect thing. It's a marketing thing. It's your it's the fact that they play in Jacksonville, and I know a year they won the division, but they're not a big draw in Chicago. Is so Liam Cohen can play this this card of like no one respects us, that's just the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 3: Franchi at But to that point, dude, I mean I said, I guess I'm doing I thought, am I getting news on the Panthers and Cardinals when I flip on NFL dot Com. But that's because the Hall of Fame Fame game, that's what they're talking about. I'm I'm running through just their top stories of news right now. Aaron Donald Dig's top one hundred players predicting Hall of Fame class, Broncos, Eagles.
Speaker 1: Anything with Hunter?
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing, Okay, no, no, not with Hunter.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying nothing on the Jagson.
Speaker 2: I would take it with Travis Hunter because he's a big draw from college football. Treva Lawrence too, but like, yeah, they're the Jaguars unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So then then he mentioned Kayleb Williams my name in the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 3: Head coach of the Bears, Ben Johnson, He's not one to shy away from from responding to anybody.
Speaker 1: Especially coaches. He'll take a shirt off, he'll square up, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, both these guys will fight. Coach, these guys will fight, dude. They're both ready to go. Here's Ben Johnson, head coach of the Bears. He's responding to Cohen in those comments you just heard.
Speaker 8: But with Caleb.
Speaker 9: I don't know if you saw this, but Liam Cohen of the Jaguars said he it's very easy to motivate his players because nobody ever talks about them. All he ever hears about is Caleb Williams. I'm curious what you think about another coach throwing his name out there and whether you're dealing with the opposite situation here of hammering to your guys not to believe the hype.
Speaker 7: Well, we're the number one regression candidates, so I think we got we got plenty of motivation ourselves. We talked about Caleb in the past. He's used to handling a lot of attention, So I'm not I'm not worried.
Speaker 1: About that perfect response.
Speaker 2: You know, Okay, I think the Chicago Bears are not gonna be a playoff team for that reason that Ben Johnson staid they're the number one regression team. They've won so many one score games. I know, our guy rafts like, come on, bro, don't say that Bears guy. Yeah, but he's right, he's reading the tea leaves and you know what to say that publicly, I kind of like that. If there's one reason the Bears are successful this season, a lot of reasons. They have a lot of talent Kayleb Williams, but it's Ben Johnson. I believe in that guy. I just don't know if I believe in their team altogether.
Speaker 3: Part of me thought he might go like total chapped ass and turn on and be like be like MJ the Glove.
Speaker 1: Liam Cohen the Jags.
Speaker 2: Thinking I'm thinking about Liam Cohen right now, and again, like if you ask Liam Cone that question, he would he'd be like, you know, disrespected, being like, oh so that's what he's saying about me.
Speaker 1: Robert Sala Huh.
Speaker 2: But no, I think Ben Johnson is like I get it all right, uh, Jags and Bears.
Speaker 1: I think so we can.
Speaker 3: I'll run through the Jags schedule here in just a minute. I'm not seeing it. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Okay, never mind that. No, no, no, I don't think they get the Bears.
Speaker 3: Okay, anyway, No Cohen can get Cohen gets a little little chippy.
Speaker 1: Did I like it? I like his I like his I like him being mouthy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just don't forget when he took the job. Remember he had that hole. He was playing chess. He left, he left Tampa, he was at OC left Tampa, went to Jacksonville and then said now I'm not taking a deal and went back and said I'm keeping my OC deal. Got to raise his OC to become like the richest OC in football. And the Jags turn back around and says, sorry, Sala, we're gonna go with.
Speaker 1: Where do you go with this guy? Yeah, exactly so, and they pay Coden you gotta raise that. I'm not saying like this is like, you know, oh, they totally to my mistake. December sixth, I found it.
Speaker 2: And again like and this is not where Ben Johnson's feeling disrespected by Liam Cohen anyway, but like, yeah, he's gonna respond and be like, man, we got our own things to figure out.
Speaker 3: This wasn't really talking crap about Bears per neither were. Neither were How about Clint Kubiak.
Speaker 1: The new Kyle Shanahan of the Raiders.
Speaker 3: The Raiders head coach, Clint Kubiak, He's got you see you see video or cousins out there.
Speaker 1: I have racing in and O'Connell.
Speaker 3: He doesn't need to be fast, No, I don't needed somebody.
Speaker 2: Well, dude, let's be honest here, like it's gonna be Kirk for a couple of.
Speaker 1: Weeks, start him, just startman does when DOZA know? D you you make this?
Speaker 2: You bring up his quote all the time with Kevin O'Connell where franchise is failed quarterback.
Speaker 3: You mean the guy who's failing quarterbacks right now, conall J he's on his way out.
Speaker 1: JJ's still on the team.
Speaker 3: Yeah for now, Hold on there, how about who starts more games as your JJ Kyler? I'll say JJ, No way, y'all take the bet right now? All right, what do you want about lunch, lunch, dinner burrito?
Speaker 1: Early on? Kyler will be the starting quarterback. And he's like, all right, let's let's let's make a change. Questions who starts more, starts more games? JJ? No Kyler?
Speaker 3: All right, no way, dude, all right, no way, dude. All right, he's failing that young before he fails him.
Speaker 1: And watch JJ McCarthy get traded before the season starts.
Speaker 2: When I say this, he's gonna be Harson Whites at the backup if he gets traded.
Speaker 1: Is the bet still on? I lose automatically?
Speaker 3: Well, no, he starts more games this year, Well where's he gonna go?
Speaker 1: See, he's gonna back up justin Herbert.
Speaker 3: Yeah you can playing. No, yeah, you ah playing now? Okay, so only if they're both Vikings.
Speaker 1: Only if they're both Vikings.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I uh, what were we talking about before we got into the stub Kobiac, Oh yeah, he's the sound we got.
Speaker 1: Dude, play Mendoza. No, don't play Mendoza. Don't play Mendoza. Here's Clinton Koby act. You know what he is.
Speaker 3: He's really happy with the roster of the Raiders out here, you go.
Speaker 10: I think we just have a professional group of players.
Speaker 11: You know, they care about getting better.
Speaker 1: You know. We don't have any turds.
Speaker 10: We got guys that I want to be here, that want to win, that want to change this place.
Speaker 1: And so I'm really really happy with that. Correct to my guy Stephen Langford.
Speaker 2: He texted me when this this is a quote appeared and he was like, that's a new slogan for the Raiders man commitment to excellence.
Speaker 1: We shall swin.
Speaker 5: Baby.
Speaker 1: We don't have turds on this team. We don't have any turds. You know, we don't have any turds. We're wiping properly right now in Henderson.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you're out there and you got a kid in the car and they just heard that.
Speaker 1: I want to know.
Speaker 3: I want to because I gotta. I'm sure there's there's not laugh at that party. I was like a twelve year old. I'm sure I was listening to something and somebody here on Camby I just hit some sounder where they said.
Speaker 1: Be laughing such a Texas saying too. It's like, nah, come on, you turd. We don't have any turds out of here. Man. Yeah, he's a football guy. I like that. I like that from Quinn Coop.
Speaker 3: I like that, all right, dude. I may not be happy with the roster, but I'm happy about that quote. Yeah, dude, one of my favorites. This is This is great flares up and coach speak, dude. One of the great sound bites in all of sports. Jim Harbaugh, head coach of the San Diego Superchargers. Yeah, I said, I said, okay, all right, I'm standing by it.
Speaker 1: Okay. So, uh, I got his I have to get his name right eventually.
Speaker 2: Tuley Tua Polo two is a pass rusher for the Chargers.
Speaker 1: He's trying to get a contract two. Yes, yeah, it's first names. Yeah, it's we're calling him Tooley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now we're gonna say the whole name, just like I don't know Trailing duffy.
Speaker 1: Uh, is it Trey, No, it's Trem mc duffy. He's christ Trem McDuffie, Trey McBride.
Speaker 3: I can't yet it, dude, it's Trent McDuffie, like Trent Williams. Yeah, and Trey McBride. Yes, this is Tuley, twey polo. I'm gonna get it. Hold on Touley.
Speaker 1: Okay, his first time is two. You better get him a week fourteen when the Chargers play the Niners. Then Yeah, there got it. Nice.
Speaker 2: He's gotta practice, says well, he's holding in. He wants a contract, so they ask him, is he practice?
Speaker 1: Harbaugh? Is too Lee? Gonta practice? Here's Harbor.
Speaker 7: We participated in Team Drew's today.
Speaker 11: Uh expected to and we'll see how individual goes. But that's the expectation.
Speaker 9: Has anything something changed with the situation that he'll participate in team Uh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, the ramp up been been been progressing.
Speaker 1: So this whole thing has just been a ramp.
Speaker 8: Up with.
Speaker 11: Yeah. Yeah, I don't know for sure where it's at, you know, I mean that's uh if I knew for sure, then I would I would say, for sure, what's your you know something I don't know, Chris, I mean get that, get that look like you do. Let me know if you do, because I don't know for sure. I don't know for sure with anybody.
Speaker 1: You know, anybody would know, you would know.
Speaker 11: That's no, that's not true.
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 11: You would in mind somebody's body, doctor. I've got a lot of a lot of things that hang on my wall. Yeah, but a medical degree is not one of them.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Mine, somebody's body might be the greatest thing a coach.
Speaker 1: Har Am I in somebody's body? Do you you know something? I don't you know what? I will say this.
Speaker 2: It's a hard position for coaches to be in sometimes where if you're not like a Kyle Shanahan type where you're not normally like dictating the roster sometimes but again, like John Lynch knows that stuff more than Kyle.
Speaker 1: One practice is going on.
Speaker 2: But like when guys are holding in like what be Jean Robinson was doing before we got the contract, jimyor Gibbs every day, you don't know what's going on with the Lions. So Dan Campbell's asking, he goes, I don't really know. I mean like, yeah, we'll see when he's got the contract. They don't play, but he's being coy there with toulee and then he's like, I don't know, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: As soon as Joe Ortiz tells me we have a deal, they don't play, damn it. But don't ask me these questions. Come on. Yeah, to get a doctor.
Speaker 3: Like mind, somebody's body, that somebody else's body.
Speaker 1: Of my documas of the body, snatch a lot of stuff on my wall.
Speaker 3: Anyway, this is that's incredible. Yeah, that's incredible. Great stuff from Horribor. I liked him back in the coach speak, Man, who are the guys you're looking forward to hearing to? Always McVeigh, always McVeigh, always horrorba.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's leader? You know something? I don't know who? You know what?
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 1: It's a good line too. He's not great to coach speak.
Speaker 2: But the first episode of Hard Knocks last night we saw a lot of Mike McDonald.
Speaker 1: I gotta say when he's.
Speaker 2: Like not being cliche in these press conferences and just being around the guys.
Speaker 1: Different type of dude.
Speaker 2: So I'm not saying I'm looking forward to him, but like you saw a different side him last night on the show.
Speaker 3: Dirty Work with You on a maybe we'll get to some of that. If it's any of that pops out, They're Dirty Work with You on a Wednesday afternoon. I still see a lot of people checking in on the Golden State Lumber and show Room text line. A lot of people with their comments and their thoughts about what happened today can be are laid off, Greg, Papa and Greg so for the midday show going away. Look, I know some of you guys are coming in with your thoughts about the moves, and you're angry and you're and let that be a platform for you. But all the texts you guys said, they just come directly to us, and we're as upset, if not more upset, than you are. These are our friends, it's our family. But we we try to be as forthcoming in and straightforward with you because certainly certainly ain't happened with us, you know what I mean. So we're trying to give it as straight as we can to you guys. This is heartbreaking for all of us here at CANBR I mean, seriously, Greg Silver, No, save for Danny Done. If you were going to like rank the favorite people here at CANBYR and you to a poll, like Greg Silver and Danny Do would be the top two guys on that list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember years ago when So I'm just I just want to let everybody know. We did talk about it a bunch up front.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it again at the end of the show, but I just want to let you guys know who you're texting in and who are calling in and are getting a hold of, like Ryan McCarthy and Raff when you guys call into the studio there, when you guys call in and you're like, if.
Speaker 1: This this sucks, bab blah, did we know?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 1: We know. I'm just letting you guys.
Speaker 3: Go with you, all of you people who are calling in. We love that you are this passionate about it because I'm this passionate, and you guys can say things that I can't say. But there's another phone number out there you can find and call in. It's not the eight oh eight, can be our number, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You have thoughts that you want to be heard, you can find the right people to let those thoughts be heard, and you should let your voice be heard if you have an opinion about this, But like it's as hard as it is for all of us. Like you're gonna do that and go about your day and be upset if we're sitting here in it, man, We're gonna sit here tomorrow in it too. So just letting you know, to be aware of like when you're contacting camby, are you're texting it or you're calling, it's not necessarily gonna land on the ears you wanted to. But we really, seriously, genuinely, bottom of my heart, appreciate the support that the filth have come with, that the listeners have come with, because it is not something I am proud to be a part of today, you know what I mean. That's where I'm coming.
Speaker 1: Down, absolutely not. I mean to your point.
Speaker 2: Earlier, we talked about like, you know, comparing Greg Silver to Danny Dunn. I remember whenning Danny Dun was let go the first time. I think MERV brought this up on the Morning show saying like, can you find a guy who has less enemies in.
Speaker 1: Their life than Danny Dunny? The same thing applies to Greg's so now nobody was anybody.
Speaker 2: So my heart breaks today obviously for my father and obviously for my Frank Greg.
Speaker 1: So ry here you guys are.
Speaker 3: Were texting in and especially the guy who texted in back on November twenty ninth, twenty twenty three to the sixth five ZH who said Paully mcinn f per gun you're losing a long time listener and then has continued to text for the last three years. Especially you man, You're not texting the right place. Plus you liar aha, camd are four and five eight five six two seven Is that I'm recall the number to text thirty work a sponsored by Redwood Credit Union for you for community for seventy five years. Join RCU today at REDWOODSEU dot org. We'll take a quick break. We got more sound and some of the best sounds from across the sports world you might have missed.
Speaker 1: We call it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guessed it the sound soaree. It's next on the Sports Leader Dirty work with You on a Wednesday evening. Adam copelandepop Raftcorral, Chips McCarthy hanging out with you all. On's been a tough day, man, It's it's you know, yeah, what sucks more if we were you know, not here. Honestly, I did, like, I mean like I like, I like the show as a distraction, and I also like that we got to be the ones to tell you how this feels and how this is going for us, you know what I mean, because it's it affects you, man, I mean, you're the first person I think of besides that you guys have affected most, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, so it's, uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sucks to have to do these, but it's better to have to do this together, you know what I mean, and to just try to work through it and then go back to what real life has and come back and do it tomorrow. It's it's what makes it difficult. It's also what makes it at times a really good distraction.
Speaker 2: No, And I mean I brought this up a year ago when you know, the news of my father's diagnosis came out, and I was like, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Use the show as a distraction. To day has been a great distraction.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't know how I was going to respond today, like it's it's not about me, it's about Greg Silver and my father. Today so obviously I feel for Greg Silver. I've been in his shoes. You know, we've kind of been this thing, been through this thing together where you know where we are replacing legends and you know, producing, hosting at the same time, and obviously you know my father.
Speaker 1: So today's today's been tough. But I'm glad I'm here with you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad I'm here with you too, bro, and we will continue to get through it.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Came to our four win five itaight five sixty seven. Always if you guys got things you want to check in on a lot of people checking out on the Golden State Lumber and Showroom text line and on the YouTube chat. I appreciate all the filth and you guys who have been hanging out all day long. By the way, somebody checked in, h man, I lost it. There was a funny Oh it was a rock and new Eerro checked in on on the Harbussun said hardball sounds comedies and I hope there's a fart.
Speaker 1: It's crack real this day.
Speaker 3: That was a real one, dude. I'm tell me, I cut it myself that I watched the video.
Speaker 1: I can't remember that.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll bring in her like like like Tim was on your side with that one, maybe I'll bring Danny you to my side on that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: By the way, Rock and are also pointing out Danny he's got enemies in the YouTube show.
Speaker 1: Why because there's a respond.
Speaker 3: Because he's working on the show. All right, why don't we get into it, dude, with some more fun. Here's some of the best sounds from across the sports world you might have missed. We call it the dirty work sound sware.
Speaker 1: Please is dirty work sounds? Sare?
Speaker 3: No, I've whipped up this nasty little Suarez.
Speaker 1: The best sounds you might have missed?
Speaker 7: What say, honey? I think that means part.
Speaker 3: Be sports lead your sounds for Wednesday, August fifth, twenty twenty six, and it starts you feel like I bet you could guess where it started. Did you guys know Draymond Green had a podcast? Oh Draymond, I.
Speaker 2: Thought you were going with guy who was on Good Morning Football back the Dish's Adam Adams.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not even sure she has a podcast. I'm not aware of it unless it shows up in this war, you know, I'm sure. I'm sure it'll flare up during football doesn't exist, so the coles just flare up.
Speaker 1: Here's Draymond Green.
Speaker 3: You know he's a uh or the same guys who was on the team last year, Warriors, Raymond Green. He's responding Kevin Durant comparing the h the seventy six ers new lineup to the Warriors championship team, and he was saying, that's a better team, a better lineup and what the Warriors had. Here's Draymond responding to Katie comparing those Sixers to the championship Warriors.
Speaker 8: Everyone's making a big deal out of kd's comments on Lebron joining the Sixers. KD said, the last time they put three twenty point scores on the team, they said it was unfair, which was the Warriors team I was on. The Sixers got four to twenty five point scores on this team, So hell yeah, I think they're going to be a contender number one. I think that's KD giving them their respect. Y'all make it as if kat was saying, oh, man, Lebron did the same thing KD did. When people try to negatively throw out there like, oh, well he did what KD did, I don't really respect that.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 8: To understand his statement, though, you also have to understand the way kdview basketball. The way kdview basketball is very Uncle drewish. This game will and always will be about buckets. That's how KD viewed the game. So when KD said, Yo, they got four twenty five point scores, you have to understand that KD mind what that means. That is how KDC the game, so he's going to mention it to twenty five point scores. He also said that the Sixers are better on paper than the Warriors were in twenty sixteen seventeen. I don't know that I can agree with that. I don't really think it works, but that's kd's opinion.
Speaker 2: So with Dreamond Uncle drewth Yeah, I like that he defends KD and kind of chastises like NBA media or NBA fans. But then is this disrespectful to KD in a way of being like he thinks of the game and Uncle Drew type of fashion. And I don't know, Like it's hard to compare a championship team on paper, yes, this is six or teams unbelievable. I like though that the Warriors have a certain disrespect with this where Katie says this, says the seventy six ers on paper are look like a better team, and Klay Thompson Draymond Greener are like, hey man, what the hell are you saying here?
Speaker 1: So I think it'd be very awkward.
Speaker 2: We got the tenth year anniversary coming up, or the ten year anniversary of these twenty seventeen Warriors. That was the first year with Katie that won the championship, and we said it yesterday when we.
Speaker 3: Played it, he ain't showing up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Katie feels a certain way about being on that team where he loves Steph, but I'm not sure about everybody else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know that he Again, it's ironic because he's the reason that Katie doesn't feel as strongly about being a Warrior as maybe he should or should like how different his career could have gone because he felt that it was Steph Curry's team, Which is the irony in that if that's the one guy who respects it's the one guy that he felt held him back from being the guy he wanted to be in his career.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I think as we've gotten to know Katie even more and gotten further away from the titles.
Speaker 1: The personality was never going to be a fit. No, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: The further away we get from that, the the worst of outfit. It feels like a here's another one of our other guys, steven A.
Speaker 1: Smith. He shows up with the swarre.
Speaker 10: Steven A.
Speaker 3: Smith is talking about the Niners being Super Bowl contenders.
Speaker 1: You're steven A. Smith.
Speaker 12: I have no doubt that if they're healthy, they can answer the call. My question is can we expect them to be healthy come postseason time? And oh, by the way, I didn't even bring up the fact that they're in the same division. It's the reigning defending Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks, who ain't going anywhere, and the Los Angeles Rams, who are the favorites. And not just because they got Garrett, not just because I think that Aaron Donald is coming back. But you got not one but two Cats and McDuffie and Watson from Kansas City. I mean, damn, I mean, and that's defense offensively, you know, you see what they got and I'm looking at them and I'm like this, you got Williams, you got Stafford, the league MVP, you got Pooka Nakula, Lord of Mercy. I mean, I'm just looking around, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, no disrespect to San Francisco. You got a good team.
Speaker 12: You're just in the wrong division. That's their problem. I see third place.
Speaker 1: I mean fair.
Speaker 3: I guess she walked as high at a peak as he could. With that, I'll say, you third place?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'm with him, I got you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I'm surprised. Actually he's naming the right players for once. Remember uh, what was it seven years ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chiefs and Chargers, Chiefs and players on the team.
Speaker 2: Well, he's talking about Hunter Henry being a factor in that game. It's like, didn't he tear his aco in many games?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I made a mistake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's also the guy who said Saho Tony could never be the face of baseball and speak English.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean.
Speaker 2: Also, Kansas City's got Derek Johnson on that team.
Speaker 1: He plays for the Raiders. Now, oh, my apology. I was thinking of Larry Johnson.
Speaker 3: I did he retired six years ago when you were talking about Yeah, I mean, I don't disagree. In the wrong division is a weird way to say.
Speaker 1: Not the wrong division. But like yeah, I mean yeah and way yeah, they're they're in the wrong division.
Speaker 3: I guess we gotta take a quick break here. Larry Kruger is coming up at the top of the hour with a little Niner's Night. We will put the show to bed when we come on back. A few more thoughts from us too on what happened today at K and B Are. We really appreciate everybody wh hung out with us today stuck through it. I know it's a day that angers people, and there's been far too many of these in the last few years, and they affect all of us, the listeners. I mean again, I'm from here. A lot of these guys were my heroes, friends, grew up, mentors, listening to and getting to know. And then today you know, a literal member of the family. And Greg Papa with with the battle he's dealing with with with his leukemia diagnosis and the marrow transplante, he's had just the everything he said to go through that, and then one of our best friends in Greg Silver. It's just it's heartbreaking for all of us, but we really appreciate everybody here and what we had to say. Well, we'll put the show to bed with a few more thoughts next and we will plow forward. Dirty work on a Wednesday on the Sports Leaders.
Speaker 6: Yeah aloud, man, hang it up, it's dirty work.
Speaker 3: It's a Wednesday evening, Adam Copeland, deepop Raft Corral with you getting ready to put the.
Speaker 1: Shit a bed here on a day that is it's tough for us.
Speaker 3: Our buddy's getting laid off, your father getting laid off, well, he continues to battle. Uh, just a just an incredible uphill challenge and adversity. But Greg Silver and Greg Papa laid off today can be r And we've talked about her all day long because well, and we'd be lying to ourselves if we didn't, we'd be lying to you.
Speaker 1: And that's something we never do.
Speaker 3: We are one hundred percent I think ourselves when we do this show, and it's it's it's my favorite thing about getting to do this with you man, and uh and I there's nowhere I'd rather be than here with you having to go through this. If I know you got to do this, I'm gonna be here with you.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: No, I appreciate this is.
Speaker 3: This is tough for our friends, and we'll continue to to talk about them and again, I'm not going to pretend like this didn't happen or they were just okay with it. No, well, the show goes on. Yet the show does go on, but it doesn't mean it's gotta feel like nothing nothing occur. We're people, man, and this affects all of us deeply because we love these guys. I mean Greg Silver. When I took the PD job, He's the first dude that I decided I wanted to put on air that was in the background or hadn't been on air yet. And he again, never said no to a single assignment, took everything in stride, was handed an impossible task, was asked to do things that you may not have been ready or comfortable to do with very little guidance, coaching or spotlight. Oh excuse me, the spotlight was on him, but out without any little outletter or much help except for go do the job and to work with somebody like Greg Papa, who's such a legend and been doing this and could do this in his sleep. To do that and then have to deal with what's happened with Greg and then do it separately is I can't imagine having to do that. And I was older when I got on air here than he was and just one of the best dudes I've ever gotten to work with and know and did so much for me when I was going through a really hard time. I had a tough stretch in my career and was willing to do anything for me. I remember I should have one day Ryanfred taking a job after Paul Matt got laid off, and then a few others, and it was a Saturday and I was there and I was like in tears, and he came out and said, we got you, man him and young Tony. He was like, I got you, dude, I got it. Well, we got you. We're here for you. And so I'm I'm always gonna be there for that guy because I told you earlier. Greg popa one of the first people to reach the absolute first person to reach out for me when I resigned from that role and was making sure I was okay. So I'm glad you wanted to play that coming in instead of our regular dirty work, sort of an honor of Greg Silver.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, because I think of that song.
Speaker 2: What I sorry when I think about like their show, because that's like the first time I thought they connected, you know, young and old, and really it's ironic because Greg Silver loved Bob Dylan and my dad's like, hey, Bob Dylan's it's a terrible, terrible musician. But I think that song applies a complete unknown. That's what Greg Silver was, and I thought that he rose to the occasion. Man. He did a fantastic job with my father. And you know, I said earlier in the show, like I I'm not behind these moves. I will say, also, what what is gonna happen on Monday? No one's helped me more in my radio career than John and John LUN's been my mentor, and obviously I learned so much from him and I love him dearly. So the fact that he'll be back, I look forward to that. But I also am thinking about my father and Greg Silver today. So love you guys, and yeah, we uh we move on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we we power forward. We got a uh we're gonna put the show to bed here handed over to Larry Kruger with some niners nightly raft you get a note to sell for us, not to sell, yeah.
Speaker 1: Not to self. I love you Greg Silver, I love you Greg Papa. There you go.
Speaker 3: I hope they aren't too I was really hoping Raft was gonna pop on and be like, yeah, tough offensive there for the giants. Man says nothing was a tough one, Brian, come.
Speaker 2: On, uh, note to self not to sell Uh this industry sucks and I love you mofos.
Speaker 1: And also people will follow me at the gym apparently yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, you kind of crossed the covered all bases here, man. Note to self, you season on today. I'm gonna uote my guy Ted Lasso.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, fairy tales don't start nor do they end in a deep dark forest. That's only something that shows up smack dab in the middle.
Speaker 1: Of a story.
Speaker 3: It will all work out, Derek. I love you, Bro, I love you man. Raph Thanks for the show today, Man. We will love listen to the Utter this week thanks to our guest today Matt Mayoko and of course to Andy Baggerley. Maybe more true than any other day for anybody that needs to hear it, it gets easier every day, it gets a little easier. You just got to do it every day. That's the dirty work, but it does get easier. You're listening to Cambyre on Cambio FM, San Francisco. The sports leader a Cumulus Media station, Larry Kruger Niners that we starts right now.
Speaker 1: It's time time to bring the forty nine ers to the forefront. Let's go time time.
Speaker 10: This is the best team that they can put on the field this year.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Niners Nightly.
Speaker 10: You guys are gonna hear it the latest from the locker room, the latest from the podium, the latest scuttle from the players.
Speaker 1: On your proud home of forty Niners football.
Speaker 3: K and pr V Sports Leaders.
Speaker 1: Your fifth will fix with your host Larry Krueger begins.
Speaker 10: Take phone calls. We'll talk Niners for a full hour, fired up.
Speaker 1: Really excited. No no, no, no no, and away we go.
Speaker 10: Welcome Larry Krueger back with you.
Speaker 1: It is Niners Nightly.
Speaker 4: Hope everybody's having a fantastic Wednesday, August the fifth, and we got a great hour.
Speaker 10: We got a fantastic hour that we're gonna get to.
Speaker 4: Guy Haberman is gonna stop by the great Guy Haberman caught up with him today after practice down in Santa Clara, a practice that twenty different forty nine ers did not attend because of injury.
Speaker 10: How about that ninety man camp roster twenty guys,