Speaker 1: While the city council might only give you sixty seconds to where your grievance is.
Speaker 2: Oh hi, i'd like to start go to the first caller on the phone.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're lucky, now we're giving you a both sixty minutes. It's a KABC News Blitz with Randy Wang and our long recap of the day's top local stories on your drive home. And unlike the City Council, we're the perfect vehicle to actually get your voice heard. The KABC News Blitz with Randy Wang starts no, no, No.
Speaker 2: It is the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk Radio seven ninety KABC. This is your daily rundown of everything you need to know that is going on in southern California as well as the Bay Area, Sacramento, San Diego, and the Central Valley. I compile a list every single day of all the stories that I find important that you may have missed at Randywangradio dot substack dot com. That's Wangradio dot substack dot com. And make sure you follow me on all thesocials. I'm on Instagram and ex at Randywang Radio. The YouTube channel is blowing up and we want you to make sure you're on there. It's where you could watch the John Phillips Show live every single day from noon to three, and I put all kinds of videos up from this show and the John Phillipshow. That's YouTube dot com, slash at Randywang Radio. If you cannot find the YouTube channel for that or the Accountability podcast, just send me an email. I'll direct you in the right place. Randywang Radio at gmail dot com. We start with an issue very near and dear to my heart, and that is the welfare of little dogs and little cats in Los Angeles because the coyotes are coming out in full force. We have now seen video evidence of coyotes doing their worst in neighborhoods in West LA, which the last time I checked, that's nowhere near any kind of mountains or foothill, and the coyotes have come out to the suburban neighborhoods. And it's funny. You watch this piece from CBSLA and they're like, boy, I wish someone from the state could take these coyotes and put them somewhere where they're supposed to be.
Speaker 3: They don't do that.
Speaker 2: They don't do anything until they actually attack a child. Because I guess we don't care if they attack our dogs and cats. We don't seem to do anything. And I understand the argument of, well, you know, we've destroyed their habitat, and you know, because of all the wildfires, there's nothing for them to eat, the drought, what have you. They've got to go into the neighborhoods. But I don't care. They're a predator of two of the most important things to me in the world, my little doggies. So I'm gonna protect myself no matter what. But what am I left to do? What can I do? Because I'll tell you this is something I deal with every single year. We're in one of those seasons once again where the coyotes are wandering around my neighborhood in the middle of the sanm Fernando Valley, and I feel really bad because this is a neighborhood where there's a lot of cats and a lot of outdoor cats. And this time of year you don't see as many outdoor cats, but you do see one or two coyotes wandering around. Now, the first time that I saw one, I was scared to death. I had never seen a coyote up close.
Speaker 3: And what it happened was.
Speaker 2: I was turning the corner and I was walking past a house that was kind of notable in the neighborhood for having way too much overgrown brush and overgrown trees, and you couldn't really see past the house. So as soon as I passed the wall and I'm about to walk past the next house, sitting on the lawn of the house next to the house I was walking while I'm walking my two little dogs at six point thirty in the morning, was a coyote just sitting there sleeping. I mean, he looked at me, and I looked at it realized what it was, and although I did not really know what to do at the time, I ended up doing the right thing. I started shrieking really, really loudly. I started screaming, which I have now taught my dogs to not worry about that if I'm doing it. But I freaked out and the loud noise and I acted really big. That does scare it away. When it happened the other day, I was a lot more aggressive about it. I was rounding the corner with my dogs, and I don't walk my dogs at six am. I do not walk them at dawn or dust specifically for this reason. I also don't walk my dogs at dust because that's when the skeeters come out, and I have the tastiest blood in the world, according to mosquitoes. But I'm walking around. This must have been eight thirty nine o'clock in the morning. It's summertime, so it's already hot out, the sun's out, and I'm walking around. On the corner I see on the other side of the street the coyote wandering. And we've already had evidence that the coyote's been around anecdotally, people have seen it at night. My neighbor wanted to make sure that I knew that the giant pile of you know what, that was made by a coyote, because, you know what, most of the people in this neighborhood pick up after their dogs, but who's picking up after the coyote. Anyway, I see it, and I immediately am like, well, I could pick up my little dogs in just head for the hills, or I can stand tall and just vent. I straight up went get out of here, started shaking my keys, dancing all around, and you know what, it got out of there. But I don't like that I have to do that, and I don't like that I have to be hyper aware, Like I'm getting to a point where I don't even feel comfortable walking my dogs while I'm listening to my news stories. They used to be the thing that I do. But I can't be distracted. I need to be seeing everything. I need to be hearing everything. Definitely won't be looking at my phone. I've got to keep my eyes and my ears on the prize because the most important thing to me is protecting my little dogs. And my little chihuahua is seven pounds. She would be breakfast. I wish there was more we could do. I really do. It drives me crazy that, in the name of protecting environmentalism, what have you? We have to allow the predator, which and I don't understand ecology, But what benefit does the coyote have? Like the stray cats have a benefit they eat the rats, but the coyotes just eat the cats, which means nobody's eating the rats. So I don't see why we can't just trap and exterminate these little predators. I don't care that they're just doing what they're supposed to do. Also, this is just another time for a public service announcement. If you're one of those people that just leaves out dry food for all the stray animals.
Speaker 3: Don't do that.
Speaker 2: You feed these things, they decide that, oh, I should stay here. You got to make life as uncomfortable as possible for all of them. And I feel bad for the outdoor cats, But the outdoor cats are better off having to scavenge food for themselves in a controlled environment, then having all the food out there for them to then be.
Speaker 3: The coyotes lunch.
Speaker 2: I hate that this is something that we have to deal with in Los Angeles. It's not like we're living in the mountains. I live in boring ass suburbia. Why is this happening in my neighborhood? And why is it happening in West la Now in Boyle Heights. The situation gets worse by the day. We have the fire that led to the rotting food, that has led to the rats, which is now leading to an infestation with flies, and all of this is happening at the same time while the typical other failures of Los Angeles just happened to be evident. So right down the street over the weekend from the burned out site of the warehouse where they're still trying to pull out millions and millions and millions of pounds of food. We had a water main break, and the last thing you want with all those rats and all of that diseased, disgusting food is standing water. And of course you know it took them over the weekend to fix it, but it is emblematic of another issue of the failure of Los Angeles. And these are so common that they don't even get as much attention as they should. But the water main breaks are something that we know is going to happen. We know how much destruction they could cause, how much water we can lose when these things are gushing and gushing and gushing. But the city has decided, with so many other things, and this is where the priorities of the city are completely whacked out. It makes more sense to just fix the one hundred year old water mains when they break than meticulously trying to replace the old infrastructure before it breaks. We don't fix the sidewalks. We just pay out the liability claims when people slip, trip and fall on them. There is nobody that is forward thinking. And sure your local elected officials will say, well, there's just no money in the budget for that kind of stuff. Well, then let's start re examining what we're spending our money on, because the government of the City of Los Angeles should be really taking care of the basics.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I was reminded as I watched the town hall in Boyle Heights where Karen Bass got booed and cussed out, where hildes Elise got booed and cussed out, where Barbara Ferrara got booed and cussed out, which, by the way, on the Accountability podcast on Wednesday, we're going to cover that entire town hall uncensored.
Speaker 3: You're gonna want to watch that.
Speaker 2: There was a moment where a lot of the residents were complaining about how many disasters seem to happen in the City of Los Angeles, specifically in neighborhoods like Boyle Heights, neighborhoods that are zoned next to all kinds of different industrial what have us. And a woman spoke up working for the city to give her take on what their department is trying to do about this issue, and it was Caprimattics. Caprimatics is the head of the Department of Civil Rights in the City of Los Angeles. What that department does, you ask, Well, that's a very good question. She makes a healthy salary, she's probably got dozens of staffers under her, and she was responsible for the big campaign last year, do you remember, and we covered it extensively. It may have been my favorite show of last year, the just Say Hello campaign. The LA City Department of Civil Rights took your taxpayer money to put forth a public service announcement campaign with bus benches and bus paint overs and radio and TV to tell everyone around you to just say hello. That was a real thing that happened. And that is one of the many, many, many, many departments. Maybe their department isn't as big as the fire department or the police department, but all of these nonsensical departments that do not do the basics we don't.
Speaker 3: Have the money for.
Speaker 2: Tell me what the legitimate reasons are that we have a Department of Civil Rights in the City of Los Angeles, and what it is they do that's not already protected by state law.
Speaker 3: I do not understand it.
Speaker 2: You think about some of the things that we pay for, for instance, Measure ULA, the highly debated mansion tax, although it's not really a mansion tax because it goes after any home. If it's multifamily and worth more than five million dollars, doesn't matter, it's not a mansion. Nope, it's still getting taxed at five ten percent of it's above a certain value. That money is supposed to go towards housing programs. But do you know where a big portion of the measured ULA money goes to the city of La allocated a whole bunch of money to it to eviction defense attorneys.
Speaker 3: So what that means is we have.
Speaker 2: Attorneys from nonprofit law firms like Betzedek and what have you that are getting paid by the city to then sue the city. And it's this cycle that goes over and over and over again. And if you ever watched the La City count meetings, which I don't recommend, you will not learn anything of value. But in between the gadflies of all the people who are saying obscenities into the microphone, you will see the eviction defense attorney showed up every single day for months and months and months. You must renew our contract. You must protect diviction defense because they're getting paid and they need that. And you have so many different NGOs and nonprofits that are getting money from some program that make sure they show up, which they have the free time to show up at ten o'clock in the morning on a Tuesday, to get their voice heard and to say very loudly, keep funding my program.
Speaker 3: We have so many of these things.
Speaker 2: The city is stretched so thin that we do not have money for the basics, which include replacing the water mains. If you've listened to this show for a while, you're well aware that I'm a big advocate of police surveillance. I'm a big advocate of the drone programs that we have in cities like San Jose and San Francisco in Orange County. In Sacramento, they just used drones to crack down our a whole bunch of fireworks. I'm also a huge proponent of the Flock camera system, the license plate reading cameras. These have made a huge difference in cities in the Bay Area, and it is cracked down immensely on a huge problem that faces up and down California, and that's Carthf's. In fact, a notable story, the city of Richmond in the Bay Area canceled their contract with Flock after the locals got all pissed off about government data being shared or the information being looked at by federal agencies. And they weren't even talking about ICE. But I guess we don't want to work with any federal agency, not the DEA, not the FBI, what have you when it comes to tracking the movements of criminals. Okay, well, here's the fun statistic. Richmond got rid of their FLOCK program and in three months car thefts went up fifty percent. So the city of Los Angeles doesn't really have a program like this. We don't have the money for it. LAPD certainly doesn't have the money. But you have different neighborhood organizations, different homeowners associations that have bought these cameras and put them in their neighborhoods, allowing LAPD to access the data and use it to fight crime. And the LAPD, which is controlled by the LAPD Commission, which is controlled by a bunch of anti police wackos, have decided that we should cancel our contract with flock because we care more about making sure that the data we collect is not being accessed by the federal government than making sure we have every data PA Police possible on the people that are stealing cars. Left and right in the city of Los Angeles. I think that is a failure. I think we need to lean into technology, not steer away from it. And look, I know there are disputes when it comes to ICE, I get that, But shouldn't we be wanting to work and wanting to share data with the FBI and the DEA, especially when it comes to tracking some of the gangs that are trafficking drugs and women and what have you. If the license plate readers can help with that. Shouldn't we be all on the same team. But the privacy advocates, which again I find that term to be hilarious in twenty twenty six, when everyone is broadcasting every second of their life. I'm broadcasting right now on the radio and recording this for a video to post on YouTube later. Yes, we all care about our privacy so much. I find it all to be nonsense. Culver City, place that I drive to every single day, has made an interesting decision based on the complaints of constituents. They've decided to shut down a proposed drive through on Supulvita and Sawtel. The problem they're going to have is that proposed drive through is an in and out burger and there's a reason that the in and Out Burger on Venice and Culver City wraps around the block. It's because it is that popular. And I understand that there may be concerns about traffic, although the local people that don't want this are like, well, we're complaining about tailpipe emissions, which is pretty sweet. You're worried about the tailpipe emissions from the fifteen cars that are waiting in line at in and Out Burger, and not the tailpipe emissions from the two hundred thousand cars that are sitting on the four h five Freeway that you live next to. Okay, I don't think this is going to last long. I think there is going to be a massive flow back. We should be encouraging more. If another in and out burger can be successful in Culver City and based on the lines on the one on Venice Boulevard and based on the lines of the one in that Costco parking lot in Marina del Rey, yeah, they could probably use it. You know, it's gonna do well. It is a fantastic job creator. It's one of those places, like a Costco, where without much of an education, you can have a real life. You can make a decent living. You can get healthcare, you can get benefits, you can get vacation. In no way should we ever be stifling in in and out Burger from going in anywhere in Los Angeles County or the state of California. So I don't think that one's gonna go well. And I feel like Culver City is going to backpedal on that decision. And finally, in southern California, the TikTok and teen trends continue. This time, posters emerged of a planned takeover It Not'sperry Farm, but law enforcement was proactive, not reactive.
Speaker 3: After what happened in Newport Beach.
Speaker 2: Huntington's Beach made sure that didn't happen in their town, and Buena Park made sure this did not happen in their town.
Speaker 3: They were patrolling.
Speaker 2: They were watching out for all the kids, because the last thing we need is the chaperone policy going back because the kids all want to beat each other up on TikTok And have said it before, I'll say it again. How are the social media platforms not being held responsible at all for profiting off of people promoting illegal activity? But that's the hill that I like to fight on every single day. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk radio seven ninety KABC. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk radio seven ninety KABC. If you'd like to email us, you can do so at Randy Wang Radio at gmail dot com. Ed Wright saying about coyotes. My experience from years ago in the La Times was delivered to individual homes. I had a route and burbankle above Glen Oaks and daily saw coyotes. Oh, when I lived up there, I saw them too, but you're in the foothills at the time. One thing I learned is they run in pairs. One would be on one side of the street and one would either be further up or behind. In this way, they would scarecats to run across the street and the other would catch them. Be sure to look around and make sure there is a partner close by. Just wanted to give you a heads up too, because I have a couple of small dogs. Thank you for continuing to bring up this problem.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Ed. We all got to stick together as the city and the county and the state don't care at all. They seem to care more about the coyotes, and I don't understand that one bit. We got a half hour to go, by the way, subscribe to my YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash at Randy Wang Radio. I put the videos of this show up there now as well, so check it out. You can watch the whole thing. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC. It is the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk Radio seven ninety KABC. This is your daily rundown of everything you need to know that's going on in southern California as well as the Bay Area, Sacramento, San Diego, in the Central Valley. I compile a list every single day of all the stories affecting you locally that you need to see at Randywangradio dot substack dot com. Full of stuff that you may have missed, all local, all important to me, so it's probably important to you. You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash at Randywang Radio for the live John Phillips Show as well as clips from this show and the John Phillips Show. And make sure you give me a follow on exit Randy Wang Radio Instagram at Randy Wang Radio YouTube. Excuse me gmail at Randy Wang Radio. I'm Randy Wang Radio everywhere. I'm even on TikTok and check out our podcast, The Accountability Podcast YouTube dot com slash at Accountability Podcast. We're gonna have a brand new episode on Wednesday where we will cover the Uncensored town Hall where Karen Bass and Barbara Ferrara got cussed out for their failures and boil Heights. Now in the Bay Area, Daniel Lurie had a major pushback to supervisor billal Ma Mood, who's the supervisor who took over for Dean Press and the Tenderloin.
Speaker 3: Supervisor Ma Mood.
Speaker 2: Wanted to do a very Zoron Mamdani kind of idea in San Francisco publicly funded grocery store. So the idea is, well, there are neighborhoods like the Tenderloin, like Soma, like the Mission where you don't see a lot of grocery stores. And Supervisor my Mood claims that while the grocery stores that have closed, the grocery companies are not giving up those leases. They're leaving those buildings vacant because they don't want competitors to move in. So what we need to do is tax those businesses that are keeping those vacant spaces and use that money to give to nonprofits to open up public corner stores. And Daniel Lurry thought that was not a great idea, it was kind of half banked, and used his political capital, to which he has lots of. He's the most popular mayor in America to shut this thing down before a vote was even started on it. And there's a couple of things here. One, if these neighborhoods were safer, the grocery stores and the Walgreens would feel safe to open and operate. You can't really blame the Walgreens for shutting down when they had to literally lock up the ice cream and the pizza with a chain. That is not hyperbole, that really happened. But let's say that even then, maybe it's too expensive to operate, maybe it's just not making sense. Well, the city can work with that. The city can definitely make it easier to operate and incentivize. But even if that's not working, then maybe what we need to do is the pop up model, the farmer's market model. I think that's the way to go here. Farmers markets are fantastic and something that I feel that our government, federally and state doesn't promote nearly enough. Is that if you're on food stamps, if you're on EBT, yeah, you can use that at Ralph's. That's pretty obvious for some reason. And people love to cite food deserts for the reason that you're allowed to use it at McDonald's and Pizza Hut and what have you. Although I think that is the complete wrong message, and I do not like the idea that. Remember, food stamps are a double subsidy. In fact, if you're Walmart, they're a triple subsidy because Walmart pays their people so little that they're on food stamps and then they use their food stamps at Walmart.
Speaker 3: Gee.
Speaker 2: I wonder how that became America's biggest employer. That's not a rip off or anything, but one of the things that we should encourage, at least make people publicly aware is those EBT cards, those food stamps. You can use it farmers markets to get fresh produce from local farmers. And if we're going to be subsidizing somebody, it should be the local farmers. Anyway, that's a whole point in saying we should have more pop up farmers' markets events. They have them in places in San Francisco.
Speaker 3: You've ever been to the.
Speaker 2: One in Culver City near the Culver City Steps. It's massive, it's huge. More events like that, you're gonna get more opportunities for people to have more healthy food. But this program here, the publicly funded grocery stores, I agree with Mayor Luriy it is half baked at best. The Bay Area Rapid Transit Agency BART says, even though ridership is way up thanks to things like making sure they have safety gates in every single station, including the one where the lady got stuck in trying to sneak through, their revenue is still below what it was in twenty nineteen. And they say they are driving off the proverbial fiscal cliff and if you don't pass that transitt tax, we're going to see a cut in service. Notably, we've talked to Deborah Allen, who was a BART board member, and she says she's not necessarily so sure that's the case that they would have to cut service. Part of the problem here and whether they get another tax increase or not, they have labor contracts that are way too generous and like so many other agencies. This is true with police, it's true with fire. It's also true with transit agencies. There is so much overtime being paid out and sometimes completely unnecessarily so that the labor budgets get soaked up from that. And when you talk about you know, what really is the cost who operating these systems? Because it's not like you know, BART is expanding a little, but most of it's already built out. You understand the cost of La Metro. They're still building it and it still goes nowhere in the Bay Area. Most of it's built, and it does go to a lot of places. So most of your costs are labor. And if the labor costs are that outrageous and you cannot make your money through it, we'll see if the sales tax passes. I don't know if there is an appetite for it, let alone. In San Francisco, it's a double one. They want the sales tax for BART and they want a separate sales tax for MUNI. There is a horrific story in Vallejo of a jackass young driver driving around with his girlfriend doing stunts in Vallejo, doing donuts, what have you. He ends up getting into a place where she gets thrown from the car. He runs her over. And what do you think the dumbass boyfriend does when he runs over his girlfriend. He takes off and he speeds away, and now she's in a coma. We need to get rid of the incentive structure for people to do these kinds of dangerous things.
Speaker 3: We know why they're doing it.
Speaker 2: They're doing it for social media clout, and they're doing it for money, and they're doing it for clicks. We cannot have a system where we incentivize all kinds of illegal activity. I hope they catch this guy, and I sure hope they break up. Here's one of those stories that's perpetually, always a thing. Oakland is always just about to sell the coliseum, you know, thee that used to house the A's, the coliseum that used to house the Raiders, the coliseum that also used to house the Raiders. They just lost another team, the Oakland Roots, the soccer team. They're not going to be playing there either. But back in the Shang Tao days, Oakland said, we're going to sell this thing to Ray Bobbitt and the aa SEG and it's going to solve all our budget woes. Meanwhile, aa SEG never had the money to get this thing to begin with. And here we are two years later and the city still trying to figure out how to finance this company that does not have the money to buy the stadium. And part of the deal is well Oakland would get six percent of any ticket sales.
Speaker 3: Ticket sales to what there's no teams there.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a lot of knocking on California on this show, on this station, But California is an innovator. There is so much research and development that happens in this state. To use a Gavin newsomism, that is true, even though when he says it it makes you irritated. The future does happen here first. And the Bay Area is about to be home to the world's first fusion factory. You heard about this probably a year ago, where we have finally shown a way to generate energy from fusion, not fission, which is how nuclear power plants are done, but fusion apparently, and I don't know the science for this, I'm in radio, forgive me, but you have a laser that heats up to a certain incredible hotness that ends up generating its own energy. Kind of reminds me of whatever Doctor Octopus was working on in Spider Man two. That's where my reference goes immediately. But if we have this energy source, they could be self perpetuating. We're starting small, by the way, you have to start with a vast amount of energy to even create a increment mental increase, But this could be a game changer. And if any advancements really do happen in creating a clean energy future where we're not fighting over oil in the Middle East and we're not putting up solar panels in such a mass that they're a massive danger to a neighborhood. If we actually have real new technology, clean ways to do these things, it could be a massive game changer. And these kind of things are being researched every single day in the Bay Area and in California. And finally, it's not an encampment. It's a movie set people in the business district in San Francisco, where I have stayed at before. I was at the Hilton Business District right there at Portsmouth Square. They were all freaking out because an encampment, a homeless encampment, was erected overnight. And wait a second, Daniel Laurie, you said you were cracking down on this. San Francisco's seen a notable reduction in tents in street homelessness. And it wasn't a homeless encampment. It was a set piece for a zombie movie being directed by Joseph Gordon Levitt. Because apparently filming in the Bay Area is up, filming in San Francisco is up. There was that Letters from Isabelle movie in San Francisco where a lot of it was actually shot there, and it takes place there, and it's It's one of the reasons why I'm not as like worried or I'm not as upset about runaway production is because every major city has some kind of story to tell. Having everything shot in Los Angeles seems just shortsighted. In the days where production is easy to be mobile, you can move gear, you can get cruise to go to different places, but shooting things for different locales it gives a different flavor. And so I'm all for that again. I've made the point before and I'll make it again. Like people say that New York was a central character to the Sex in the City, Albuquerque was a central character to the Vince Gilligan Universe, whether that be Breaking Bad, Better Cross Saul or Plurbius, and those shows would have hit just a little differently if they were as originally intended shot in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: So anyway, good on San Francisco.
Speaker 2: They get more production, LA can make it easier to do more local shoots and more productions, but as of right now they're not. And we don't have time to talk about how the unions keep shooting themselves in the foot by asking for demands that the answer from the studios is okay, We'll just go to Canada. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC.
Speaker 3: Hey look at this.
Speaker 2: Seven ninety KABC welcomes Nelly with special guests Too Short at the Pacific Amphitheater at the OC Fair in August second. Tickets are on sale now at pacamp dot com or right now. Colling number nine at one eight at eight seven ninety five to two to two two gets pair of tickets to the show. All concert tickets included mission to the oc Fare. Tickets furnished by the Pacific Amphitheater. Good luck dialing this Thursday, there is a very very very cool fundraiser going on with the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Habit Dodgers' relief pitcher Alex Besia joined Habit at Dodgers ex Habit home base, the Dodgers themed Habit restaurant in Echo Park to announce a beautiful fundraiser twenty percent of all net sales benefielding the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles. This is happening Thursday, July sixteenth, from four to nine pm benefiting the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles. And all you have to do to participate is eat at the Habit and the Habit is fantastic.
Speaker 3: I love their burgers.
Speaker 2: Any one of one hundred and forty three participating habits in La Orange County and Riverside on Thursday between four to nine pm use the promo code give back. Twenty percent of net dinner sales will be donated to Chill Aildren's Hospital, Los Angeles. Our own Trisha Cruz talked to Alex Beasia about the event and here is what she had to say.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for talking to us at ABC News Radio. We're big fans and that like Dodgers yourself. So what makes this partnership with private home base and Children's Hospital of l A. Meaning, Yeah, so when I first got the call, it's funny because growing up and and uh, like my dad would always take me, you know, child ball games and you know, baseball and burgers is what we did. So he loves kind of absolutely loves how he loves the char burgers. He'd always taken there when I was younger. So you know when I when I called him and asked him about it, he was to the moon. So yeah, it kind of goes back to the rooms of me a little bit. And you know, and obviously coming here is the first time I've venue to the home base and I didn't know it was this close to daughter stadium, you know, and I think this is such an awesome thing to kind of get everybody in the community here and uh, you know, it's not too important the stadium so to act.
Speaker 2: So what's your favorite thing of the men?
Speaker 4: So I do the the double chart burger, So I don't I'm not a big onion guy. Guy. You know, cheese and catch up. You know, I'm paying enough fries. So yeah, we we keep it keeping simple and my wife, my wife will say she's like do you even taste it? And like I'm just eating for the calories. But this is this is this is so good. So what about your teammates?
Speaker 2: Is there anything I've been trying to computer charge?
Speaker 4: So obviously with like show and Yam, there's been a sushi that's been introduced to us a lot more. What is it ka Ni Geary when we went to Japan and then ever since then, every time we go.
Speaker 3: You' a sushi guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been really good. So because usually, like before, I would just up with California, so it's very but yeah, now I'm I'm definitely broadening that.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: So we're setting in for the mural by Al the Gonzalez.
Speaker 4: He was to make a mural of you in your life. It's you got to have the scream, You got to have the emotion coming out of the mound, okay, you know, or the intensity you know. And I think just what I would like to see is like the crowd in the background, because I always feel like when I run out on the mountain, like I hear that, I hear my my walkout song, and then I hear the crowd and they're always super loud, and you know it's just it's I know how much they support for myself and my life, and so yeah, I definitely like that never goes unnoticed for me. We all know al A Dodgers have them, those die hard fans and they do what would you tell them to get involved with You'll just talk a little. I mean it's just you know overall cause right and with the children and one on especially with my myself and k and our situation. You know, they do really good job. It's even you know past players and have always told me really good things and so yeah, it does touch a pretty special place in our heart. So you know, take this cornership off like this. It's been a great And can you tell us about the donation because it's going to be kicking off this Thursday. So yeah, we proceeds twenty percent of the process. If you're going by, well we'll be going to c HL. So it's it's definitely donate, right.
Speaker 2: And one last question, if you weren't an amazing picture picture.
Speaker 3: What career were doing?
Speaker 4: Well, I did get my degree in recreational management in college, so yeah, I wanted to open up my own gym and like training facility because I always thought like when I was younger, I never had a place like workout or like do anyting like small specific, So I definitely that was like my senior project. My mom was a compositive tool maker, so she makes uh a pot like the carbon fiber outsides for the Predator drone. So I would have probably gone into that feel first and then make money so that I could potentially fund the gym and the training facilities. So something in that lines. I definitely like working with kids and doing the kids camps and stuff. We've been a tale dating a quite a few times and it's fun and you know, it just it's not boring, right. You get to smiles on children's faces, and I should inspire a lot of lager things for sure. Yeah, I mean, it's it just seems natural, I think. I mean every time I seem, you know, like when I'm in the bullpen, there's kids that will come up and ask about pitch grips and pitching and mentality and stuff and wat conversations just right in the bullpen. So there's a lot of stuff that goes in notice down there that we're trying to let the people know that's amazing. Thinking that's so much. Think this is a good radio any lasts for your fans? We uh three pet.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's our own Trisha Cruz who talked with Alex Facia about this great fundraiser. Dodger's ex Habit home base.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Any habit in southern California, most every habit this Thursday from four to nine pm. If you order from the Habit, which is great because that's an easy idea for dinner, use the promo code give back. Twenty percent of their net dinner sales would be donated to the Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: That is great.
Speaker 2: Now we get a minute here to check out the box office. Mowana came in first place, but didn't do very well at forty three million dollars. That I don't even think that covers the Rock Salary, Minions and Monsters coming in second place. Toy Story five and in third place that has made four hundred million dollars. So for Evil Dead Burn which I didn't know there was a new Evil Dead coming out, that came in fourth place. In the fifth place movie Young Washington Mondo saw Supergirl said it was pretty good, had a great soundtrack as soon as it's on HBO Max. I will be watching it. Thank you all so much for being a part of this show. If you want to watch this later on, I will have it up probably tomorrow morning at YouTube dot com slash at Randy Wang Radio, where you can also see all kinds of segments and clips from the John Phillips Show. It's the News Splitz with Randy Wang on KABC