Speaker 1: Okay, postgame rap time.
Speaker 2: A year after it was all Brewers tonight eight to two over the Giants. To even this series of one game at piece, it's a Giant centric show.
Speaker 1: Most of the time, we just talk about the Giants. I do have to say.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of things to admire about the Brewers, the way they play, the way they've built their whole program, and gosh, they teach pitching, don't they. I mean, there's a new guy almost every time we see this team. Tonight it was Logan Henderson. We've never I've never seen him pitch live. I'd heard lots of good things about him, but it feels to me like it's almost every night with the Brewers where there's a new arm, a guy they called up, they have another injury, and they just produce pitching.
Speaker 1: And it's really really impressive to me.
Speaker 3: You look at the Scotty report on Logan Henderson and you look at his fastball, and the fastball goes ninety two to ninety four miles per hour. That's where he's at. I mean, he didn't exceed ninety four all night long. He had fifteen swings and missus. Yeah, after thirty three pitches that he threw in the first inning, Giants had a couple well knocks. I'm thinking, Oh, they're going to get this guy because I kept looking at the velocity. But there's a lot to be said about an organization that goes out and scouts and gets impressed with a kid in college who's throwing ninety three miles an hour because they're so eaten up with the high velocity they want to see ninety eight ninety nine. But one thing that has never changed about pitching is if you have deception in your delivery, you don't need high velocity. And that's really what Logan Henderson has. He's a short armor. His arm action gets on you quick. He's very reminiscent of.
Speaker 2: U.
Speaker 3: Smero petite. He just is not an easy pickup and the ball gets on you and all that. But he has a great change up, which is always going to enhance a fastball. But I thought what he did with the fastball changeup combination of today was incredible. He is as advertised, and his numbers all through the minor leagues and the clicks now have been spectacular.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonta know what the secret sauce is.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 4: I know that when you leave Miller Park they have the secret sauce in a jar.
Speaker 1: It's actually secret sauce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they have that for brought worst, they have something else for all their things.
Speaker 4: And you know what, I agree with you. I don't have any idea what they're doing in Milwaukee in their system, but whatever it is, it's working the well and they need it. That's how they do it right. Yeah. I mean their offense isn't great, but you know, three or four runs is enough for them. You think they'll get Terry Schoobel. I don't even know was that a thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of talk the last few days that they're because they Brewers have won a ton of games the last few years and they haven't really turned that into playoff success. There's a lot of talk now that they've decided, Okay, with this team, we're making one big deal.
Speaker 1: We're going in.
Speaker 4: So that would be like the CC Sabathia deal that they made what fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Ago, Yeah, which worked out. I mean it was brilliant for them.
Speaker 4: It was like twelve an hour or something.
Speaker 1: It would be a lot like that trade.
Speaker 4: It would be well, that'd be great. I mean, I kind of like to see those big name guys go to the small town.
Speaker 1: Teams Mizerowski and Schoobal in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: That's a bast opinion. You remember he's from Sina, Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: Well, not everybody could be from La Wisconsin. I thought you were from the East Bay where my cheese head the whole night.
Speaker 1: You guys have a lot of good shots of cheeseheads.
Speaker 4: Man, I think it was the same guy. They just switched, you know, ads.
Speaker 1: They have personality in Milwaukee, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you've been to the airports, right, Yeah, you get off to play in Milwaukee and there's a stand there.
Speaker 2: Every gift shop is full of packers gear and cheeseheads.
Speaker 4: And the cheese things could be anything, yeah, ox traps, bras, I mean literally diapers. It's making this up.
Speaker 2: What a town. I do admire their baseball team. All right, we'll pick players right after this. Okay, postgame rap hard too. I think Mike gets your turn again to go first tonight.
Speaker 3: Okay, well then I'm going to take tonight. It was one hit Louis, but I'm taking Luisa Rise went in doubt, pick a Rise and uh, I mean before the game type is talking about Otto Lopez, who is pretty much going toe to toe with a Rise for the lead in the batting average for the National League, and it's promising to go down to the wire in September. I think it's going to be a very exciting race for the batting title this year. And so Otto Lopez had a zero for four. He didn't have many of those. So after an zero for three, he goes into his fourth at bat and the Rise gets a base hit, clean single right field. He's my guy, keep in pace.
Speaker 2: I am, because they still divide the actual like the official batting title right is still by league.
Speaker 4: Yes, so look, the.
Speaker 2: Giants if they're going to trade a Rise, and we're all going to be sad to see him go if they do, but they have to take the best deal.
Speaker 1: It's not like the Giants could be sentimental about it.
Speaker 2: But I'm rooting for him to stay in the National League so he can qualify for the batting.
Speaker 1: Title and go after it and make it a race that would be fun to watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would Yeah, And you thought about that. That's depressing that you bring that up.
Speaker 1: I mean, if he gets traded in the American League, he can't win either one. He just he doesn't. That's the way it works in this weird sport.
Speaker 4: Yea. And if he were to stay in the National League and win, it would be what for with four different teams?
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: Good pick, Mike. I'm gonna take the heck with it. I'll take Keaton win just because because I like Heaton winning. He's a Midwest guy and he's been known to wear a cheesehead once in a while. That's right, even though he's from Iowa.
Speaker 1: Cornhead said, it's the same color.
Speaker 3: And my good, Picky, there's there's a good one there.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: I'll take the kid who hit the home run, Bryce Eldridge, if you hit another ball hard. He has good at bats. Even when he has quiet nights, he has good at bats. And tonight he had a two run home run.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Take care. Don't get any credit for like letting him go to you.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you big credit.
Speaker 4: Thanks was I only had to dig it out of you. But that's fine, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Kay. Eldridge is my guy, John who you got?
Speaker 4: What what are we doing now?
Speaker 1: Making players?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Players, players of the game. All right, yeah, well, there's so many other guys.
Speaker 4: He's done a Dodger. You picked somebody else from the other team. So I'm going to go with the Bryce Terrang.
Speaker 5: So sure he had it was it was still a game, and it was two nothing, and the new pitcher came in, bru Baker, and he hit the first pitch.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden, it's four nothing. He had three hits and he's good.
Speaker 5: He made outstanding play where he had to go almost over the shortstop before he got his throw off the first And he's a second baseman. He's kind of a little guy, fast guy, and he throws like a shortstop. Who knew, so Bryce Tehrang and probably if he was in New York or with the Red Sox or the Red Sauce kind of like to have him. I think that's the rumor that they're trying hard to trade for a shortstop. Terrang would be one of the biggest names in the game right now.
Speaker 4: So I'm going with him. He had a series last year here at the end of the year where he did make it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's one of the best players in the game.
Speaker 4: He is. Yeah with the club with the bat, you.
Speaker 2: Know what they said, just one quick thing about him. Team USA said after the World Baseball Classic that during batting practice, all those big sluggers, the guy who hit the ball the farthest was Bryce Terran. That he can, you know, it's not kind of his style in games, but when he wants to, he can hit it as far or farther than anybody, which I thought was kind of cool.
Speaker 4: That that's great nose, Second basement.
Speaker 1: Thank you, second base.
Speaker 5: Hey, and did you hear that story tonight about the seventeen year old Giants prospect and he hit a home run in Rancho Cucamonga someplace.
Speaker 2: He's seventeen years old, playing in the Calli. He had a four hundred and forty eight foot home run tonight.
Speaker 4: That's kind of cool. Well, it would be nice to know who it was.
Speaker 2: Luis Hernandez. That kid is seventeen year old kid. It's like his third game with the crowd. He's been playing in there.
Speaker 4: On a just he's the one of the two that isn't on the thin side. He's the one that's got the shoulders correct. That's right, Kite, yes, right, h.
Speaker 1: DC dropped the card in the trash can. I was fishing it out.
Speaker 4: That's it. We lost him go.
Speaker 1: He walked it off.
Speaker 4: Does she have a big shoulders? Uh?
Speaker 2: Is a little more stocky and yeah, sorry Kape. What's on Deck sponsored by Your California four Dealers Logan Web. Tomorrow Day game, final game of the home stand. Birds just announced it will be a bullpen game for them. So bullpen game for the Birds against Logan Web not drawn. Maybe drowne will be a part of it, but it's gonna be like a bullpens.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll be here, We will all be here.
Speaker 2: What's on Deck sponsored by Your California for dealers in the legendary Ford f one fifty truck.
Speaker 1: Visit by Ford now dot com today to find yours. I'm still kind of laughing at