Speaker 1: And we continue at two five in the afternoon on the John Phillips Show, Mister Randy Weggs in Culver City.
Speaker 2: John, there was one face I did not expect to see analyzing the election results, not only on CNN with Alex Michaelson, but NBC four with Conan Nolan. Who wants who even wants to know? What Eric Garcetti thinks about this race?
Speaker 1: I receive things on both ends. He was an analyst.
Speaker 2: He had a whole segment on NBC four and he had a whole segment on with Alex Michaelson.
Speaker 1: This guy, you give us the supply, will meet the need by July.
Speaker 2: And here's what I realized as I listened to Eric Garcetti talk about this election. While in objectively every single way, Karen Bass is a worse mayor than Eric Garcetti was. And that's saying something. Eric Garcetti is a much more annoying mayor.
Speaker 1: Just be smart and stay apart. Something odd happened over the break that I can't find any evidence to explain. But one of the things that we've been following over the course of this election are where the betting markets have things and the betting markets have been pretty consistent the whole way through, where they had Javier Bessera is a heavy favorite to make it through to the November ballot, and they had I think Steve Hilton in the mid to low seventies all day yesterday and then today I think it bumped up to the eighties and it's somewhere in that range now.
Speaker 2: He's at seventy eight right now, but Sarah's at ninety eight point one in styrs down at eighteen.
Speaker 1: So since the show started, Spencer Pratt was always a favorite to make the November ballot. I think he fluctuated somewhere between sixty and eighty depending on when you looked well over the course of today's show. He is cratered on the betting markets.
Speaker 2: So if you look at Kalshi, which is the website that even CNN does official segments with, so I guess it's an official news source now, the people that are gambling on the LA's Mayors race, and this one bet has about one point seven million dollars of volume in it, so that's something to think about. Spencer Pratt at seven am, so less than eight hours ago, had a sixty four percent odds to make it to the November runoff. As of right now, a little after two o'clock in the afternoon, Nythia Rahman has eclipsed him. Right now, the odds of making the mayoral runoff, it's Nythia fifty two Spencer Pratt forty nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I'm looking at the votes that have been counted and Spencer is leading her by over eight points. Nothing has changed.
Speaker 2: There hasn't been a vote dump, and yeah, you're gonna hear that term a lot in the next few day in Los Angeles since late last night, and the next time there will be a vote dump will be between four and five pm. So there's no new votes that have been counted, no way to know which way that they're going. So either you have a whole bunch of people that are just assuming that there's going to be a late surge, or and there's no real guard rails to prevent this. Somebody who is counting the ballots at the registrar's office is going to try to make a whole bunch of money off of this race.
Speaker 1: There's no explanation for this.
Speaker 2: Again, no additional votes have been counted since last night. The current total stands in the La Mayors race right now, there are still plenty of ballots to be counted. But you look at the LA Mayors race, Karen Bass has one hundred and seventy two thousand and thirty four percent, Spencer not far behind, one hundred and fifty one thousand and thirty percent, Nythia one hundred and ten twenty two percent. So unless the vast, vast, vas vast vast majority of the last minute votes break for Nythia, I don't see how the odds can change that quickly.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's just think about this for a second. You can vote through the mail all the way up until when the post office closes yesterday.
Speaker 2: Correct, that's right, And if the voting center receives that ballot up to seven days later, it still counts, which is why we're going to have, again, sorry for using this term, a lot of vote dumps between now and then. If I mail something from my city to another part of California, it usually takes two days to get there. That's the normal situation for me. If I'm mailing something from one city in my county to another city in my county, it never takes more than two days. It really doesn't. I guess you could mail your ballot in. If you're a flight attendant or a pilot or something like that, you're in the military from a different, more remote place, so maybe that takes a little bit longer. So let's just say, Okay, you put your ballot in the mail on Saturday, so that's Monday, that's Tuesday. That's two days, so it probably should show up by Tuesday. But let's just say that there's a large volume of pieces in the mail and it comes Wednesday instead of Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that would be today. If you mail it on Monday, it's more likely than not it arrives by Wednesday. But unless they get the mail early at the county registrar, they may not even have those ballots yet. And then you have the ballots that are going to come in tomorrow, which were ballots that were probably mailed on election Day. How do they know how many ballots are coming if they haven't received them yet. They don't.
Speaker 2: There's no way to know how many more ballots are coming in if they haven't arrived yet yet.
Speaker 1: It seems like the people who are gambling on this are acting as if they know something that we don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe they're just trying to play against the spread. I don't know what's going on here, but everything that we're seeing for the results that have come in, maybe what's going on here is people are remembering twenty twenty two and they're remembering how well Rick Caruso did on election night and then dropped ten points. And maybe there are people that are thinking that if that happens, I might as well put a twenty on it.
Speaker 1: But this happened all at once. This happened over the course of one segment on this radio.
Speaker 2: So at nine am NITEA was at thirty one percent. By eleven am, she jumped up to thirty eight percent. By let's see, by by noon she was at forty seven percent. Right before this show started, she started making this big jump. But she's been climbing all morning. Why nobody knows, again, is any This isn't any real numbers outside of what people are gambling on.
Speaker 1: At two oh one PM, according to Calshi, it was Spencer at sixty two, Her at thirty five, Karen at one, and then let's see when it changed at two o nine. Well, that can't be right.
Speaker 2: Are you looking at the right one? Who will advance in the Los Angeles mayoral election.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at Calshi's website calshi dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the big one right there. Currently it's Nithia at fifty three and Spencer Pratt at fifty. Now that adds up to more than one hundred, but who knows how this works? Wild And again, this has nothing to do with the counting of ballads. This has nothing to do with who's going to be the winner and who's going to be the loser.
Speaker 1: This just involves people who are gambling on the outcome of this race. But it's a wild, wild, wild thing to happen in such a short period of time.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see what happens when the next count shows up there. I fed a different way to say that between four and five o'clock, and I will have those results on my five o'clock show, So that'll be fun.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's go to the phones and welcome Kelly in Studio City. Kelly, Hello, Hi, John.
Speaker 3: I just had a comment about but Sarah's speech last night. I just couldn't believe how scripted it was, and he was just reading the teleprompter from left to right and it was just so typical Democrat political puppet.
Speaker 1: You know, well, he is the California Joe Biden. So they are not going to let him off the leash, because anytime you let him off the leash, it goes haywire. So I am firmly of the belief that they're going to put him in the basement and when he goes out in public, he is going to stick to the script and he is not going to deviate because if he does, they open himself up to all kinds of selves, up to all kinds of liability. Why would you do that if you don't have to. So I think they're going to run a very risk averse campaign in the general.
Speaker 4: Yes, just got to get him into the debates.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for the call. Let's go to Bill and Granada Hills. Bill.
Speaker 5: Hello, I you know when Trump went and supported Hilton, I couldn't understand, because, like you say, we needed both of them, and I started thinking about it. I think Trump has insider information on the DOJ holding back to go after Bessera once those two are in the final election, and then of course we would win because Hilton wouldn't be running against anybody, and then we would have down ballot wins like Pratt because Democrats their heads will have exploded, screaming and yelling that Trump is going after the opposite party, the political you know, persecution, and they're not going to show up. And Pratt could win too. This could be a double double. But now you just said what you said, I'm all depressed again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't figure this out.
Speaker 5: And I really my wife and I were going to split our vote until just recently because I started getting worried that Trump supported Hilton. And Okay, something's going going on, because you know, he has all the cards, he just doesn't like to show him.
Speaker 1: So I disagree with you. I don't think he has inside information on what's going to happen to Beserah. I believe what's going on with Trump is that he has focused on Iran and he's focused on the global stage right now, and he listened to someone in his orbit who's paying attention to California, and this is what they wanted him to do, and this is what they talked him into doing. Because right now, if he's paying attention to primaries in California, he's not spending his time doing what he should be doing, which is trying to figure out what to do with Iran. My guess is that he's worried about war and peace and global issues and those sorts of things, and this is something that's just on the back burner for him.
Speaker 5: I agree, he's doing the country's job and he can't be bothered with governors, and that's the way it should be.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the call, serp. Let's go to Sean and Venice.
Speaker 6: Sean, Hello, Hey, guys, how you doing awesome? Yeah, LA voter apathy. It's the horrible man. We had like twenty percent voter turnout. You know, the unions like control our local elections. Here, you got about sixty thousand union workers in the city. You had their spouse, their family, their children. You know that could be about one hundred and fifty thousand votes, which is around where Bath has. Is that you got the special interest the people who pay to play there. There's her constituents. So I hope Pratman can relay this information to the public to energize us, so you know, they get out and vote, don't I hope LA doesn't let the unions choose our next mayor. Now, when you're talking about vote harvesting, and the last election with Caruso, you know, yeah, yeah, he went to bed thinking he was up and gonna win. Of course he got smoked with all the vote harvesting and uh the progressive votes that trickled in dump after dump. Now I'm in Venice and Tracy Park has almost the same lead then against Eric Darling, and she has against Pisa, And I'm just waiting to see these vote dumps and bring it down. Like I think Tracy only won by like two thousand votes, so you know, it's I hate this, Uh, you know, two week, three week wait just to find out who won the election.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for the call, sir. Let's go to ed Wardo in Oakland.
Speaker 7: At Wardo, Hello, hey, young Tie Andny and this is not a council callman that has that much consequences you in all of your guests. He asked if anyone could see plain how to pronounce the name of this Celdo candidate from the Democrats have yer vesera the X. Let me just start by saying something. There is not a language called Spanish that doesn't exist. It's called Castilium. And we're speaking in Istan America and as well in Spain. It's called Castilian. So when you go to Old Castilian, if you read any documents from let's say the colonists, I have done that. I noticed that they used the eggs as the sun. So that is why Mexico. If you go to Mexico, the Mexican people don't call their country Mexico. They call it Mexico. Same thing with Texas. If you talk to any Spanish speaker, they will say Texas. So havevier sera is haveavier? The x is a jay sound as an Old Castilian. Also, just I couldn't help. I mean, you guys made me.
Speaker 6: Really, I was just laughing.
Speaker 7: I'm unespathetic, but I was into stire. I mean, this is honestly, if you're not in California, if you're from some other place, you think this is a plot for a comedy film. You have this billionaire goes crazy and then the guy starts attacking himself. You know how many times he attacked a billionaire while he was speaking a billion in itself? I don't know, probably five times. When that short space that you have in the air, and it's like, honestly, it's like, I don't know, how can someone go see that this guy is charlottan like a drifter. I mean, it's like, come on, I mean, either you have to be really confused in this life or I don't know. I don't mean to be insultable. Maybe there's someone some issues with intellectual impairment, if you want to say it in a in a nicer way. So anyways, were my thoughts have yet? That's his name?
Speaker 1: All right? Thank you, thank you for the call. I appreciate it, Johnny.
Speaker 2: In just a few minutes since we've been speaking about this, the best have now put Nthia up to fifty four.
Speaker 1: Something is going on that we don't know about.
Speaker 2: Or this could be and I don't know how this website works. I have not put money into Calshie. I'm sure some people have. It could be that some people start to see any kind of trend line and they're like, oh, I got to get in on this, But what's the what is the information that's causing them to do this? There's been no alteration to the count.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Here's something else you have to think about, because we know when the race was early, Swalwell's campaign was literally spending money on Calshi to boost him in the odds. It's very possible, and Nithia Donor could have just put a couple one hundred bucks in there, give it a little boost and then like everyone's like, what's that about? Well, what's that about? Spencer Pratt now down to forty six. Let's go to Morris in Highland Park. Morris, Hello, a good afternoon.
Speaker 8: This election is a circus. You've got to excrement Bakaria. It's going to be our next governor because this is a socialist state. And he's already said Bakaria, he's going to pay. He wants the tax they paid for the healthcare for the illegals, where Ray Hilton said no, we won't allow it. Bakaria said yes. So I don't know what to make of this if this is circus act, and I don't know why it's such an election, such a big deal. It doesn't mean anything anyhow. It's one year after another, day in and day out, and uh, it's very very unfortunate. So I don't know what else to tell you. You know, it's going to be who will be a governor of the state when he's done.
Speaker 1: For all right, thank you for the call. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: A deja vu. I feel like he has made that exact call before.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number one eight hundred two to two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny, don't like show at gmail dot com and Randy your monitor in the mailbag, John writes in at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com on the subject of betting odds, John, a lot of people bet on the Angels to make the World Series, which move the odds. It doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Gamblers are greedy. Fact check true.
Speaker 2: All right, one of the odds right now that the Angels win the World Series, is.
Speaker 1: It possible to have a negative number?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: How about the odds the Angels make the playoffs? Negative number zero point four percent?
Speaker 1: And Randy, we have about a half hour to go before the show is over, but you can continue listening to us after we sign off at three.
Speaker 2: And if you didn't get a chance to listen to our live election special with our buddies Friend Motech and Phil Teresi over at KMJ, you can listen to that. I posted it Alan the John Phillips Show podcast. Would you conbscribe to on Apple Podcasts? iHeart Spotify YouTube All the Things.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred two two two five two two two East telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. Let's go to Timothy in Glendale. Timothy, Hello, Hello, sir.
Speaker 10: Good, good afternoon. It's a pleasure to speak to you. Hi there, Hi there. Listen. What I just really really want to say is to all of my Sollo Republicans, please do not move out of the state. We have to stay and fight, and we have to take back the state. I can remember when I was a child, we had one of the best governors and he was a Democrat. His name was Edmund Brown, who was Jerry's dad, And the streets were clean, the schools were great, the beaches were cleaned up, and everybody was flocking here. In fact, we have the point of the fact that all of the U hauls were coming in full and going back empty. That's what we had here and we don't have it anymore. And it heart breaks me. And I want to know that everyone here is going to understand that we have an opportunity at once in a century opportunity in this city to change the vision and get Spencer Pratt in and get Steve Hilton in. It can be done. But Democrats, please, I know you don't want to do this, but just one time in your life, vote Republican. Please. We have a chance to change it, to lower our gas prices, to get the streets clean, and to help everyone. That's all I have to say. I just I didn't want to bug you anymore, and I had to.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what's funny is you look at what Pat Brown did. Let's take the freeway grid. The freeway grid that we drive on today was a grid that was created in large part by Pat Brown. They would tar and feather you if you wanted to build more freeways right now, No Democrat would ever sign on to that. The water system so that the Central Valley could have the water for the crops, because that's a huge industry here in California. If you tried to direct water for crops and housing and those sorts of things, they would run you out of town. Maybe they'd put up with the state university system that he built and those kinds of infrastructure projects, but none of the other stuff. They would stand for because what he did was he created a grid for a growing state. He wanted a bigger population, he wanted more people to move here, he wanted more industries to set up shop here. And that's just something that the modern day Democrats are opposed to across the board.
Speaker 10: It's really a shame and it's really a tragedy that it's happening in my state. I'm a Native Californian, lived here my whole life. I love my state. Politics are questionable, but still we have a beautiful state. Everyone, please step up and help protect it. Please vote for Steve Hill, Please vote for Spencer Pratt. Thank you, all.
Speaker 1: Right, thank you for the call, sirup. Let's go to Paul and van Ey's Paul. Hello, Oh, thanks both of you.
Speaker 11: It's very nice to see a few months ago, not far from me at the Pineapple Saloon. Anyway, you know, to stay here. My best friend twenty years younger than me, but Native California, just moved to North Carolina. So I'm just totally depressed. Uh stay here, We're the Alamo.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 11: It's just we're overwhelmed. It's not gonna work, you know, there's just the tide has turned in this in all those cities, New York, Chicago, Minneapolis. I mean, it's just eventually turns around. But how will it turn around without either a war or who knows what? So I'm very depressed. Voter fraud continues. As I said, we're overwhelmed here. And I don't blame you and Randy for the glib humor. In the words of Adlie Stevenson's where I feel when he lost the second his second election to right as in here, I'm too old to cry and it hurts too much to last. So anyway, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for the call, sir. Let's go to Chris in Westlake Village. Chris, Hello, Hi, guys.
Speaker 9: You know, when I vote, I get my mail in ballot at home, and I like to cross reference with the Carl Deminles website and the mailer Conservative mailers I get at home. They tell you, even all the way through judges and everything, to vote, and then I like to take it over to the mail center and put it in that yellow box right there. But that's what I do. So I'm one hundred percent confident with the selections I made on my ballot for everything. So anyway, let's talk about flow of ballots. All right, you got the vote center, you have ballot ballot collection boxes. Those two are over. Those boxes should be gone. The vote centers turned everything in, so now we're left with the mail. When I worked at the post I was we do collections every evening. We scan every box and if a box has missed the supervisor, since you missed the scan, go back out and pick it up.
Speaker 10: That should be over by today.
Speaker 9: One hundred percent mail done, should all be delivered by tomorrow. And you know, if you're talking one quarter of the population with mail and ballots, I don't see any reason why they can't all be counted by Saturday, you know, And it's it's just anything beyond that is ridiculous. But anyway, as.
Speaker 1: Someone who knows how the post office works, if you put something in the mail in one part of Los Angeles County and I realized that not every voter in LA County is near Norwalk, how long should it take for a letter to get from let's just say a remote part of LA County. Let's say we're talking about Granada Hills or San Pedro or someplace that's right not next to Norwalk. How long should it take for that letter to get there?
Speaker 9: One day? Two at the most. My truck You know that the Santa Clarita postal factory, it takes all the mail from the whole surrounding area, puts it all together, puts it on one big truck and brings it down there. You know, it's like.
Speaker 10: There's no mystery.
Speaker 1: So tomorrow should really be the last day. Assuming someone postmarked it on election day right as the post office was closing, that letter should be getting there tomorrow and the only votes that should be coming in after tomorrow. Our situations where there were extenuating circumstances where someone forgot to scan a box when they were supposed to and a supervisor had to come in and overwrite it.
Speaker 9: Right, and it's just it doesn't happen.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 9: We pick up every box every day and that's it.
Speaker 1: All right. Thank you for the call, sir, I appreciate it. Let's go to Steve in Long Beach.
Speaker 12: Steve, Hello, Yeah, I just want to stat live in Long Beach and recently I just voted for elm mayor.
Speaker 6: And I looked it up on Google and it said Long Beach residents cannot vote for Elm mayor.
Speaker 10: So what am I missing there?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Well, they must have sent you the incorrect ballad. If you live in Long Beach, you're supposed to vote in Long Beach and they have their own mayoral election going on. They have their own Assembly races and Senates and congressional races. You'd vote in the same state wide elections as a resident of Los Angeles, but you're not supposed to vote in LA City elections unless you live in LA City. So maybe they sent you an incorrect ballot. Who knows.
Speaker 12: I asked this guy walking Kearny his ballot in Long Beach. I go, hey, were you able to vote for Ellen mayor? He goes yeah, And so that was like confirmation that other people got that same ballot type of thing.
Speaker 1: Huh were Long Beach issues on your ballot? Or was it all LA?
Speaker 7: It was?
Speaker 10: It was weird.
Speaker 12: It was like one LA issue, but then it was for all LA Assembly or whatever, and it did have the mayoral it had bats and prep there. And I have a friend who's the lawyer. He goes, that's voter fraud if you're able to vote for LA mayor and Long Beach. And so that's brought that up. I looked on Google.
Speaker 11: He's correct.
Speaker 1: Did you vote in person or through the mail?
Speaker 8: Through the mail?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, they must have sent you the wrong ballot. And maybe they sent a bunch of wrong ballots to Long Beach because you guys are not supposed to vote in other city elections.
Speaker 12: They send it intentionally, That's what it could appear to be.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for the call, sir, I appreciate it. It's also possible.
Speaker 2: That he thinks he lives in Long Beach, but he's technically in the city of La.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean that's true. If you have a residence that's in LA but you spend your time in Long Beach, then you're gonna get a ballot wherever it is that you're registered to vote at. And if you're registered to vote in LA, then you're going to get that ballot.
Speaker 2: I mean there are parts of LA County where people have no idea what city they're actually in.
Speaker 1: No. And also, let's just say you're a college student and let's say parents live in Los Angeles, but you go to the University of California at Irvine and your dorm is in Irvine, but your registration is in Los Angeles. Well, you're going to get a ballot that's going to reflect Los Angeles and not Irvine, because that's where you're registered to vote, or at least that's what you should get in the mail. But who knows. Eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two. Let's go back to the phones and welcome David. David.
Speaker 6: Hello, man, I dig this show.
Speaker 10: You guys are fantastic.
Speaker 11: Uh, this is kind.
Speaker 13: Of a weird question. It's often being passed. But if for some reason God came in the US House and Senate passed the Save Act, how would that and if it was implemented before November, how would that affect California? The Gugnatorial and Grace, Well.
Speaker 1: My first assumption is that Bob Bonta would immediately file a lawsuit and claim that it was unconstitutional and that we're not going to follow us.
Speaker 10: Yes, you would, and then that.
Speaker 1: Would go to court and get stuck in court for years. So I don't know. I don't know how that would impact what we do here in California, but we have to change the way we do business here because this is not right. The fact that they can have an election and count all the ballots in one day in countries that are technologically a lot less advanced than us. We have some of the smartest tech minds on planet Earth in this state. It should be the easiest place in the world to count ballots, But for whatever reason, we can't do it as efficiently as we did it in the nineteen eighties. Do you remember those elections in the eighties and the nineties when people used to vote in person unless you were a flight attendant or in the military or something, and we would know before we went to bed who wanted who lost. Yeah, in the eighties, same state, same place, same registrars, offices, same everything, only primitive technology and we could figure it out back then. Every once in a while, every once in a while there would be a race that was really really close and it would take some time to figure out. But once in a blue moon. I remember when it was Dianne Feinstein against Michael Huffington for the US Senate and it was a really close race, and I think it took one or two days to figure out that she won. And then there was Bob Dornan and Loretta Sanchez and that was even closer. I think that one was decided by less than a thousand votes, and that one took a couple of weeks, and that was a big deal. That one was leading the news every day because they couldn't believe it was taking that long to figure out who won. It was a news story. The delays were hastive.
Speaker 13: Sulton said anything about fixing this.
Speaker 1: Well, I know that he's frustrated with it. I don't know if that would be something that he would try to reform immediately. I mean, there are so many problems in this state it's hard to know what to put at the top of the list. But I know that we had Don Wagner on this program, who is the Orange County supervisor who is running for Secretary of State here in California, and I know he wants to reform how we hold our elections. But I don't understand this. It's like phonics to me. I don't understand why phonics is controversial when you know that that helps kids read better earlier, and the entrenched interests in California fight it tooth and nail and do not want to teach phonics in the schools. I can't for the life of me figure out who would be a against it, And it's just like counting all the votes in one day. They work in that industry, they're professionals in that industry. This has to frustrate the living hell out of them. Yet they just don't seem to care. And I don't understand that.
Speaker 10: I don't either. Thanks for taking a call, man, I appreciate.
Speaker 1: It all right, Thanks for calling in now.
Speaker 11: John.
Speaker 2: If we really want to go back to the eighties, maybe what we need to do is send everyone who's working at the registrar's office right now counting those balants just a big old mount of cocaine.
Speaker 1: Well, that certainly motivates people to act. Just look at the stockbrokers. Let's go to Jayleen. Jayleen, Hello, Hi you guys.
Speaker 4: I know you both from Pineapple Hill. Who seeing you twice there? Okay, I'll try to be as fast as possible because it's an end of the show. I wanted to hit on the chat. The reason he may have dropped down. A neighbor of mine three weeks ago told me that he had taken a Neil for BLM, and I went what And sure enough there was a video going by. I guess a day before election day of him doing that, which mate have taken his vote down. I want oh my gosh, that can't be.
Speaker 11: Real that it was.
Speaker 4: They showed a video. I guess I have a I have a comment. I have a rhyme. You guys want to hear a little cute rhyme that I have with Karen Bath Ye willing to hear it? Okay, here you go. This is little alpp of the day.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 4: You know, Mother Goose was staying in the beginning, if if you're blue, we'll get help for you. So yesterday when I was voting, I said, no, Karen, I'm feeling blue and I need to get rid of you.
Speaker 3: If you're feeling down.
Speaker 1: If you're feeling blue, let's get help for you. All right, thank you for the call. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Well, Johnny, I'm looking at the uh the betting markets, which, by the way, this is all the talk of social media right now as to what's going on with Nythia and Spencer Pratt, and currently at least on the Calci one, Nythia is up to fifty five and Spencer's down to forty six. I don't know if there's anything behind this outside of people who are trying to make money, but it is definitely strange.
Speaker 1: I've never bet on politics before, but I do bet on sports. And you understand if the odds changed dramatically. If let's just say the quarterback for one of the teams is injured and you know that that individual is no longer going to play in that game, well yeah, it's going to change on a dime because there's new wind that has changed the likelihood that one team will beat another. That I totally understand. But it's very rare where you see a game, a football game, of basketball, game, hockey game, whatever, where the teams are known quantities, they're known entities, they're going up against each other. The odds are the odds, and they stay that way for a while, and then all of a sudden, without a trade occurring or someone getting injured or a coach being fired, it just goes haywire and the odds change very quickly, very dramatically.
Speaker 2: John, I got a hypothetical for you. When the A's build that new stadium and you go see the Angels play the A's in Vegas, and there's a bet for every at bet that you can play from your seat. How much time will you actually be watching the game?
Speaker 1: That is a very good question, and there's only one way to find out. All Right, that's gonna do it for us today, but we'll be back tomorrow at noon for another edition of The John Phillips Show.