Speaker 1: And very happy Tuesday too. At twelve oh six in the West each the John at Phillips Show broadcasting live from the Land of Trees and PhDs, Claremont, California. Mister Randy Wang is right beside me.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 3: We are in Claremont because it's debate day in southern California at Pomona College at five point thirty. CBS is going to have a big debate with all eight top candidates participating, and we were invited by Julie Watts to be there, so we are broadcasting close by so we can quickly pack up, head over there and sit down and watch the debate live. But since we are in crunch time and the debate is tonight, there's another debate next week, and then another debate next week, and the ballots go out in the mail next week. It's time for everyone in this race who has any money to spend to spend it. And so Tony Thurman pulling at one percent, but we'll be on the debate stage tonight. He's got a new ad that he just put out on social media and it takes an interesting right turn.
Speaker 4: They say it's impossible to elect someone like me, the son of an immigrant orphaned at six. I lived in poverty off government chiefs. Then worked for three dollars an hour, became.
Speaker 1: A social was the government Chase swiss hey, government cheese makes an excellent case Ada.
Speaker 4: Then work for three dollars an hour, became a social worker and steak superintendent. I'm Tony Thurman, and as governor, I'll enact a billionaire's tax, single payer healthcare, two million housing units, will arrest ice agents who break our laws, and then tell Trump.
Speaker 3: Whoa We have heard a lot of political ad campaigns that will use the S word or the b S word Swawell, Porter Styre. This is an attempt to get attention. The first time I think ever in a political ad someone is using the F word.
Speaker 1: Now, wait, Randy, did you just hear that? What's that? I just heard a car backfire and I just saw a big plume of black smoke here in Claremont, which means Katie Porter is here and she's in the minivan out of my shot. Because this debate, unlike the last one, is going to include a lot of the candidates that have been left off stage.
Speaker 3: It is being called the most inclusive debate. It's why everyone at CBS was like, Betty Ye, why are you dropping out? We were going to put you on tonight's stage, but she dropped out and she endorsed stire.
Speaker 1: But there is.
Speaker 3: A new poll out for this debate that's conducted by CBS and you gov, and it shows some interesting changes in the race. For more on the pole that's leading to tonight's debate at Pomona College. Here is CBSLA lovely.
Speaker 5: Fanfare the California governor's raise heading into the June primary. Eight candidates and none with a strong lead, means anything can still happen. And all eight candidates accepted our invitation to debate tomorrow here on CBSLA.
Speaker 3: And apparently what we found out yesterday was Katie Porter was a holdout until yesterday Julie Watts broke on our show that Katie Porter was coming.
Speaker 1: No, Now, what was the hold up because she's been polling above two percent.
Speaker 3: Well, they don't say yes to all the debates. I think that was the situation. Maybe she was otherwise engaged, but she decided that she's coming.
Speaker 2: I'm reading for governor because I'm a leader.
Speaker 1: What did she have going on that was more important than debating her opponents on live television. Maybe, and I'm just putting this out there, maybe Katie Porter was apprehensive about this debate because one of the moderators tonight is Julie Watts.
Speaker 6: Well to those voters, Okay, so you I don't want to keep doing this, I'm gonna call it.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 8: You're not gonna do the interview with them?
Speaker 9: Nope, not like this.
Speaker 10: I'm not not with seven follow ups to every single question you ask.
Speaker 1: Or maybe Katie was going to skip the debate because today is the day that Mattel is debuting their new mister Potato Head.
Speaker 11: I don't want to have an unhappy experience for you, and I don't want this all on camera.
Speaker 3: That might get brought up a time or two tonight.
Speaker 1: You think we're aiming to.
Speaker 5: Have the most inclusive, most impactful debate before ballots go out next week. CBSLA political reporter Tom Waite is in Pomona tonight where the candidates will face off, and Tom one thing that's shut.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, they're not actually in Pomona. Pomona College is part of the Claremont Colleges. It's in Claremont, not Pomona. You know how I know we're in Claremont, not Pomona. How do you know that? We haven't been shot at yet.
Speaker 5: CBSLA political reporter Tom Waite is in Pomona tonight where the candidates will face off, and Tom, one thing that's sure to come up is the high cost of California living.
Speaker 2: That is absolutely right, Rudeban.
Speaker 12: In fact, we have some new exclusive CBS News polling. We'll get to it in just a second. We asked voters about that. We're sitting right outside of Bridges' auditorium here on the Pomona College campus in Claremont, where.
Speaker 1: There he got it right. All right, thank you.
Speaker 2: The debate will happen earlier.
Speaker 12: I spoke with some of the moderators, including our own Pat Harvey.
Speaker 2: They're very excited.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know Pat's a moderator too.
Speaker 1: There you go. This is going to be an all stark ast. Pat's seen it.
Speaker 12: All to speak with these candidates and let them talk to voters.
Speaker 2: The debate stage is set.
Speaker 12: In less than twenty four hours, the top polling candidates vying to be California's next governor will battle it out here at Pomona College in Claremont. A new CBS News poll shows this race is very much up for grabs. Republican Steve Hilton leads with sixteen percent. Democrats in the next two spots Tom Steyer at fifteen percent, Javier Besera at thirteen percent.
Speaker 3: I don't remember who coined this phrase, but I saw it. They're saying with this poll, it's true. There's a becceleration going on. Acceleration that's a word, huh, because he has risen up in the polls ever since Eric Swalwell got caught with his pants down like.
Speaker 1: A phoenix from the ashes.
Speaker 12: Democrats In the next two spots, Tom Steyer at fifteen percent, Javier Besera at thirteen percent.
Speaker 1: Republican Chad tom Steyer is going to be wearing his old folks Home sneakers tonight.
Speaker 3: He only has sneak according to that interview he did, he only has one pair of sneaks and he's incredibly cheap.
Speaker 2: Republican Chad Bianco with ten percent.
Speaker 3: Well, so this poll has Bianco in fourth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be that would be bad for the Republicans if he's pulling that far behind the first place finisher, the second place finisher, the third place finisher, because I am still of the belief that the best shot and only shot the Republicans have of winning the governorship is to have Bianco and Hilton finish in first and second.
Speaker 3: So if it's a Republican and a Democrat in the top two spots in June, the race is over. Well, if it's a Republican in the Democrat in November, it's going to be the Yankees versus the mud Hens. So you need to make sure that if you're going to win this thing, you box them out of the November ballot.
Speaker 12: Republican Chad Bianco with ten percent, Democrat Katie Porter at nine percent.
Speaker 3: Katie Porter's in fifth place.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess now we know nine percent of the California population is made up of angry Karens.
Speaker 10: You can smart right here.
Speaker 12: Democrat Katie Porter at nine percent, Matt Mahon, Antonia Via Ragosa, and Tony Thurman all polling below five percent.
Speaker 3: Matt Mayhan and Tony v are at four percent each in this poll no, and Tony Thurman is at one percent, which is why he decided to come out with an F bomb.
Speaker 2: AD.
Speaker 1: What types of men do you think are voting for Katie Porter? What was the name of that guy that Liza Minella used to be married to that she would beat up when she'd get drunk on vodka.
Speaker 12: Matt Mayhan and Tonia via Ragosa and Tony Thurman all polling below five percent. Twenty six percent of voters remain undecided.
Speaker 3: The number one vote getter in this poll is not sure. Twenty six percent of voters remain undecided.
Speaker 6: I read the data in this race as wide open. There's a couple of reasons for that. One is even the top candidates are clustered very closely together.
Speaker 2: The other thing is that there's so many undecided voters.
Speaker 6: In fact, the number of undecided is larger than any one candidate has in preference right now.
Speaker 3: What does that tell you about the field of candidates.
Speaker 1: Well, usually usually there's a candidate that everyone knows. Maybe everyone doesn't like them, but everyone knows them. We certainly had that with Jerry Brown, who was governor for two terms before he ran again. We certainly had that with Arnold Schwarzenegger, who was an internationally recognized movie star. We had Gavin Newsom, whose claim to fame was being mayor of San Francisco and being at the heart of the gay marriage bet. There's no one running for office this time around who has that kind of notoriety.
Speaker 12: CBS News Executive director of Elections and Surveys, Anthony Salvonto says the biggest issue for California voters affordability, was seventy percent of voters saying the cost of living is unmanageable. So I want to meet the thirty percent of voters that said cost of living is fine here. Yeah, even the rich people I know complain about how expensive it is to live here.
Speaker 3: Well, they got to buy Martiniz too.
Speaker 6: So many voters tell us they describe it as unmanageable. A lot of aspects of that, one of them is gas prices.
Speaker 12: CBSLA is teaming up with Pomoter College zend Our CBS stations across California to bring you the most inclusive debate.
Speaker 2: Yet in the campaign. Our Pat Harvey.
Speaker 3: Is We're the debate that invited Tony Thurman.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Our Pat Harvey is one of the moderators.
Speaker 9: I'm hoping that they are able to discern from each candidate their views and the audience members will listen and then make their decision from what they hear on the stage.
Speaker 3: Here's the one discerning thing that you'll be able to take away no matter what. One of these people is a billionaire, and the rest of them are going to make sure you know it. So you think it's going to be pile on Tom Steyer tonight, of.
Speaker 1: Course it is.
Speaker 3: And Tom Steyer is not great at defending himself.
Speaker 1: No he's not.
Speaker 3: It was the last debate where he said, me paying more taxes isn't going to solve anything. I really do think that one of the problems that Tom Steyer is going to experience tonight is that there is a huge difference between how he's being portrayed in the ads and what you see on stage. On stage, he looks like a guy who's eating dinner at four o'clock and having jello for dessert. In the ads, he's this ass kicker who swear in right and left and he's going to bulldoze the Trump administration and he's going to revamp the healthcare system in California and he's going to do it all before lunch. And there's just a massive disconnect between how they're selling him and what you see on stage.
Speaker 2: We're in a big ass crisis.
Speaker 1: Maybe it should go back on real ninety two to three.
Speaker 9: So I'm hoping that they don't deliver a lot of talking points, but are very forthright and honest about what Well.
Speaker 3: You invited Antonio Viragosa on the stage, Pat, So get ready for Tony to say that he's a proven problem solver.
Speaker 1: No, you think Pat's gonna mix it up with one of the candidates. Could happen. She's seen it.
Speaker 9: All about what they say they can do to help Californians because this is all about affordability.
Speaker 12: With no major political stars on the ballot, the race wasn't making big headlines until Democratic front runner, former Congressman Eric Swalwell dropped out of the race amid rape and sexual assault allegations.
Speaker 1: And that is true.
Speaker 3: Up until that, no one was really paying attention to this race except for about six months ago.
Speaker 1: Out of my shot.
Speaker 3: Then, besides those two incidents, the average California voter was checked out.
Speaker 1: You think Eric Swalwell is going to be watching the debate tonight. He might be busy. Well, maybe he'll invite someone over make a couple of drinks. If he drinks the right one, he'll be able to stay up long enough to watch the debate. If he drinks the wrong one, he'll be passed out till noon tomorrow. Apparently a bunch of his donors are asking for refunds. I wonder why. Yeah, well they better go to Bevmo.
Speaker 12: Dropped out of the race amid rape and sexual assault allegations. For the remaining candidates, the debate stage is a crucial opportunity to connect with voters. Our poll indicates a strong performance on the stage could mean a critical boost.
Speaker 11: That's the beauty of these debates is you get those moments where you might get a little back and forth between the candidates. You might see how.
Speaker 3: Typically what the consultants will say is the best you want to come out of a debate is it's forgettable. You can only really get in trouble at a debate.
Speaker 1: Well, this is an atypical kind of election where we have at least all the Democratic candidates, with the exception of Virrigos in Mayhan and the Republicans, all the other candidates exclusively want to talk about Donald Trump. And so if you're talking about Donald Trump, you're not talking about the problems facing the state of California. So we don't get to have a robust conversation about all of our problems and the solutions that they have to offer. All we get is a season of the Hunger Games.
Speaker 11: Tempers flare, or how there also might they might also be kind to one another, the ways in which candidates might greet one another. Those are things that the voters are often looking for.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's what we're going to see tonight, candidates being kind to one another.
Speaker 3: They may shake hands beforehand, but it's passive aggressive at best. Could you imagine what it's going to happen when Antonio Vira goes it goes up to Katie Porter to shake her hand, She's going to smash a beer can on her forehead and burp.
Speaker 12: So the countdown is on for our CBS News California debate here in just less than twenty four hours. One little wrinkle here in the election, by the way, is that, of course we've seen some candidates like Eric Swallwell drop out of the race. Their names will still appear on the ballot. Reporting from Clairemont, I'm Tom Waite back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: It is going to be interesting when all the ballots are cast. How many people, despite every piece of news that came out in the last month. Still vote for Eric Swollwell.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to try something right now at eight hundred two two two five two two two one. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. We have consistently seen in the polls that the undecided number in this race is unusually high. Is that fair to say?
Speaker 3: Yes, in this poll it's twenty six percent. It's been just as high, and a lot of other polls Paul Mitchell will say the real number is somewhere around ten percent. But it sure seems like there's a lot of people that still have no idea who they're voting for when they get their ballots in a week.
Speaker 1: So asking you who you're voting for may not be the appropriate question. So here's the question that we have for you now at eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two Which candidate would you not vote for under any circumstances. The polls say you don't know who you like, but the polls also say you know who you don't like. Who would you never vote for never ever, never ever, never ever never in a million years. Who's going to be on that stage tonight. I want to hear it in your own words at eight hundred two two two five two two two one. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. And keep in mind, many of these candidates are currently en route to Claremont. They're in the car, they're listening to the radio, so they can hear the words that are coming out of your mouth. Feel like you're leading the audience in a very small way. Mention here, I'm saying this with complete sincerity. The late Great Dan Avy used to always say, always be sincere, even if you don't mean it. So here's what I'm saying to you. Be nice. You understand that. Be nice? Wait, please, now, if you aren't nice, there's nothing I can do to punish you. So this is all on the honor system. But just no, I want you to be nice because I said it myself. I'm not your mother, I'm not your father. I can't punish you. But just follow your better angels. That's all I'm gonna say. Who would you not vote for under any circumstance? Who's running for governor? Eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny, don't like show at gmail dot com and Randy ear monitoring In the mail bag, Mike in Vallejo writes in at Johnny, don't like show at gmail dot com, crush a beer can on her forehead and burp, You're gonna get my truck wrecked one day? What could I say? I'm clairvoyant? All right? Which candidate ready for governor? Are you definitely not going to vote for? Eight hundred two two two five two two two What eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny, don't like show at gmail dot com and Randy. If you missed yesterday's show and you want to find out what you missed out on, that's easy to do.
Speaker 3: All you gotta do is search for the John Phillips Show wherever you get your podcasts. We had three great hours yesterday, including us breaking down Javier Bessera's disastrous interview with Ashley Zavalla.
Speaker 2: So when you do the scrub.
Speaker 3: We also talked to Julie Watts about tonight's debate and we had a whole bunch of crime blodder stories that involve break ins that happen right next to my house. Do you know there was actually two Lake Balboa breakings over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Well maybe if the mayor has another press conference, there will be three.
Speaker 3: So subscribe to our podcast because it is the way that you can make sure you have every hour of this show, including the ones that you miss, but also including the ones that you want to listen to for a second time. Search for the John Phillips Show. Wherever you get your podcast, whether it's the Apple Podcasts, app Iheartspotify, search for the John Phillip Show, hit subscribe. You could download all the episodes. You're gonna want to be subscribed to that podcast. When we have some very exciting things to reveal to you later on this year, well.
Speaker 1: Apparently the phone lines aren't working. We cursed it.
Speaker 10: You can smell it right here.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on to the wealth confiscation tax.
Speaker 3: So the SEIU union that is backing the billionaire's tax says they have nearly double the required signatures and they're about to present them to the Secretary of State's office, which means that if they do get enough verified signatures, the billionaire tax may very well be on the November ballot. For more, here is ABC seven in the Bay.
Speaker 6: Supporters of the proposed tax on California billionaires say they've gathered enough signatures for it to qualify for the November ballots.
Speaker 13: And it's setting the stage for what will be one of the most expensive ballot measures this year in battles this year, ABC seven Eyewitness News, there's going to.
Speaker 3: Be so much money spent on this thing on both sides. Because if you remember when JJ Smith was doing those investigations of the hopeless people in San Francisco and the tenderloin getting paid five dollars to fill out a bunch of fake names on proposition ballots, that was for the anti Billionaire's tax initiative.
Speaker 1: Well, here's something to think about too. This is the SCIU sending out a trial balloon because if if this is successful, we know they are already pulling whether or not they can do this to millionaires too. They've been caught, they were caught red handed pulling on that very question, and the next natural place to go is to tax Californians on unrealized gains related to their homes, because if you think about it from the point of view of the unions, you have a lot of people who paid a small amount of money for a home that is now worth seven figures. And if they can go after you and say, now, wait a minute, you bought your home for four hundred thousand dollars and now Zillo says it's worth one point three we need a confiscation tax based on the actual value of that home. That's where they're going with this.
Speaker 3: And watch home ownership drop to zero in the state of California.
Speaker 1: If that's their move.
Speaker 13: Your ABC seven Eyewitness News political reporter Monica Man is here with this new development. Monica, Dan and.
Speaker 14: Chris Since supporters announced in an LA rally today that they have more than one point five million Californians signing on to the idea of a wealth tax.
Speaker 3: And I want to know when people were outside of the supermarket collecting signatures for this SEIU ballot proposal, how many people signed it saying I want to do it because I want to take away Tom Steyer's money.
Speaker 2: We're to big ass crisis.
Speaker 1: A lot of people hate him.
Speaker 14: And although the campaign is really just getting started, one opposition group tells me it's ready to deploy an eight figure budget to persuade Californians otherwise.
Speaker 1: It is this got my backfire.
Speaker 3: You think the billionaires are going to spend a billion dollars to stop the billionaire tax.
Speaker 15: It is this David versus Goliath battle.
Speaker 1: David has just wait. The SEIU is the David here. How these people see themselves? They must look at a funhouse mirror in the morning.
Speaker 3: Well, and the SEIU is, you know, putting this for specifically the SEI union that represents healthcare workers. Most of the legislature and Gavin Newsom opposed this because it's pretty much taking money that would go to the general fund and giving it directly to this union.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, this is a money grab.
Speaker 15: It is this David versus Goliath battle. David has just won the first round.
Speaker 2: Supporter.
Speaker 1: You have to be very loud to be a union leader. Yeah, and you have to wear a purple T shirt that's about two sizes too small too.
Speaker 14: It's round supporters of the California Billionaire Tax saying they've cleared a major hurdle in putting the proposal before voters.
Speaker 15: We are one step closer to the ballot and to keep the most important thing healthcare, hospitals, clinics and emergency rooms funded and union news.
Speaker 1: Just think about this for a second. There's a lot of people out there who likes sports, right, A lot of people watch the NFL, A lot of people watch Major League Baseball. Now that that's being played, you know how you win the game. You essentially run your club like the Dodgers, where you go out, you find the best players, show Heyo Tani and the like, and you sign them the long term contracts and you lock them in. You don't want to go find the worst player on the mud Hens and put them in your starting lineup because you would lose every single game if you did. If you vote for this thing. You hear those two women that we just played in the clip, you're trading Elon Musk for them? In what sane world would you trade Elon Musk for those two.
Speaker 3: Well, in their defense, they're probably not microdosin ketamine. Well, listen, I'd trade a car that doesn't work for those two.
Speaker 15: And op for our California families in a Los Angeles rally Monday.
Speaker 3: Cutback labor leaders always with the chanting cut back, fight back, The chance is not supposed to be the same word.
Speaker 1: Cut back.
Speaker 14: Labor leaders announced they have nearly twice the number of signatures needed to qualify.
Speaker 4: We will continue to do everything in our power to make sure that California billionaires pay their fair share to keep our hospitals open.
Speaker 14: As written and dif approved, the measure would impose a one time five percent tax on residents with at least one billion dollars in assets.
Speaker 3: It's like an hoa special assessment.
Speaker 1: These dummies aren't even passingly familiar with how the state pays its bills. We are so dependent on the ultra ridge to make sure that the state has its money that it needs to fulfill its obligations because we are dependent on things like stocks and investments and everything that people pay capital gains taxes on. And it's rich people that really run up the score with those types of incomes. And if you chase them out, guess what, there's no one left to pay the taxes. If you really want to screw the budget and Sacramento, you take the richest one hundred people and you force them out of the state and then guess what, The obligation just doesn't go away. It just falls on the shoulders of everyone.
Speaker 14: Else, things like stocks and bonds, real estate, collectibles, and even cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Do you define the full stock of someone's wealth?
Speaker 14: Opponents say it'll be hard to measure.
Speaker 3: Wait, how are you going to assess the value of crypto which is so volatile it changes every two seconds? So glad you haven't gotten into that yet.
Speaker 8: Nope, How do you define the full stock of someone's wealth?
Speaker 14: Opponents say it'll be hard to measure and collect.
Speaker 8: These types of taxes have been tried across Europe. They were quite popular several decades ago, and countries have systematically repealed them because they don't meet the goals points vote.
Speaker 3: We'll just went to the one country in the EU that didn't have it.
Speaker 14: Points. Voters can expect to be hammered with by opposition campaigns.
Speaker 16: It might be a concept that they're in favor of, but if all the details aren't there, then they're going.
Speaker 2: To likely vote.
Speaker 3: Knows Roger Salazar is, now, how is the SEIU going to come after your money if it's all in a bank account in the Caymans.
Speaker 1: Well, the shady California is extremely inefficient at doing things like educating children, paving roads, those sorts of things. But if you owe them one dollar, they will figure it out and they will send a helicopter above your house where the state controller will descend from a cable down your chymney to get it.
Speaker 14: Roger Salazar is a veteran of California propositions and is against the ealth tax.
Speaker 16: You're going to get businesses leaving California, and if those businesses leave California, thousands of good paying jobs disappear, paycheck shrink, and community suffer.
Speaker 14: An analysis by Stanford's Hoover Institution estimates the proposal could cost the state twenty five billion in tax revenue. And would.
Speaker 1: The state's going to lose money on day one with this thing? Well, they don't care about that though, the SEIU, they could care less about the general fund. What they care about is that the money goes to their members.
Speaker 3: That's the thing that's the weirdest about this. It's not like this is any kind of other tax you've ever seen. It's a specific kind of tax that is going directly to the union that put it on the ballot.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I think ten percent is going to the teachers' union, so ninety percent.
Speaker 14: And would collect about forty percent of what supporters hope it'll generate. About half of voters say they'd vote in favor of the measure, according to a March You See Berkeley poll, And this issue is already becoming a litmus test or California's candidates running for governor and even other down ballot races. The state's current leader, Governor Gavin Newsom, has publicly opposed the billionaire tax. Now, the next step is for the Secretary of State's office to verify the signatures.
Speaker 3: And this is why you're going to see several initiatives on the ballot in an effort to do what happened with the sports gambling initiatives of twenty twenty two. Put so many of them on the ballot right next to each other that it's super confusing, and everyone just says, no, screw it.
Speaker 1: How greedy are these healthcare workers? Where they want to go after a broke state. They want to go after a state that does not have the money to pay its bills today, And then they look at the industry that allows the state to exist and the rich people who are the founders of these companies, and they say, we either want to completely soak you or we want to drive you out of the state. I thought we had a better relationship with the healthcare workers in this state. But maybe our relationship isn't as good as I thought it was. Maybe, just maybe we need to stop looking the other way when these people skim a little morphine out of Grandma's vial.
Speaker 3: Ultimately, when you talk about these big, powerful unions in the state of California, all that matters.
Speaker 2: Is we demand higher pay.
Speaker 3: And they're gonna get it no matter what money.
Speaker 1: It is all about the money for them. Hey, apparently the phone lines are back up and we have some people on the line who want to weigh in on the conversation. Let's begin with Steve and Fremont. Steve, Hello, Hey, Steve, are you there?
Speaker 7: I'm here?
Speaker 2: Are there?
Speaker 17: Hi?
Speaker 7: How you doing anyway? I'm must drop the phone. But as far as your question, anyone that's got the letter D after their name of a vote for They've created the mess in California, and I don't think they deserve another chance. And that's all I wanted to say.
Speaker 1: All Right, you're here. Let's go to Bobby in Burbank.
Speaker 18: Bobby, Hello, Hey, so thank you guys doing today.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 18: Hey, So I signed that thing like twelve times to get them to you know, tax the rich. But I signed it with Lane's like Charles Manson. They guy signed Laine and Bobb it. I send him Menendez Brothers, you know, take them, check them.
Speaker 3: So what you're saying is that might be how they got to one point six million signatures.
Speaker 18: Oh but I didn't give the five dollars. They didn't give me a five dollars signature this time. They gave me five dollars before. No, I'm kidding they didn't.
Speaker 3: I wonder if anybody wrote down the name Ip Freely.
Speaker 18: Oh that a boy long dug Gong, you know, go across the board.
Speaker 3: Huge ass supports the billionaires, tax seymore.
Speaker 1: Butts I got them all.
Speaker 2: I was raised on this crap ty knit.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for the call, sir, we appreciate it. Let's go to Robert in Santa Clara.
Speaker 17: Robert, Hello, Yeah, it was b for all the d's above, of course, But Tom Steyer, I mean, you've got a rich guy's set for life and he's trying to, you know, just shrub ruin Prop thirteen for all the homeowners. I mean, that's pretty He's he's the rich guy who knows better, and he's going to equalize the state. Just kind of like warm buffet blowing under water dams up north. Now we can't have almonds or Montrela cheese made here. It's ridiculous, the scarcity oligarch. Yeah, but you know, you look at but Sarah and these other guys for death tacks from Kamala Harris and the Biden and open borders and sanctuary cities, all all the d's above, because that's what they want. Trump's bad, you know, open borders, sanctuary cities, can't have it. It's just not sustainable. I mean, we get mad about that because they think that it can happen some way. We're going to just let everyone come here, and we're already a critical mess. We haven't There's only so many dependents wherever they're from that we can carry at fifty bucks an hour and give them the suite of healthcare benefits at the going rate, let alone what the inflated rates are, which the SEIU wants to pay their people by taxing billionaires.
Speaker 1: What's wild to me is that the crowd who believes that billionaires shouldn't be allowed to exist, which is the burning crowd, is largely getting behind Tom Steyer. They're one hundred percent behind the billionaire in the race, the only billionaire in the race.
Speaker 17: Well, it's the mind virus of you know, everything should be equal. And you know, because I may have, like a drumming talent, that everyone should have the drumming talent that I have. You know, I mean take it up with God, you know, I mean, seriously, these people want you know, they're just infatile brains that just haven't quite realized reality, and they want to kill people who are different than them or are a little more successful and punish them. Who are you know, you got a house, You had a couple of houses you worked hard for. We've got to find a way that lay the level off, you know, share the sheep down. Everyone's got at the same amount of wool on their back, even though or whatever. You know, I'm saying, if you one kid smarter in a classroom, we can't have that. You know, we got to have everyone equally dumb. You know, no one can be bright. You know, some people are offended as some microaggression. It's ridiculous, you know. And the guy who tried to kill Trump was triggered. It's a good enough excuse. Is insanity, you know, the mind virus for these people are radical egalitarians and just they're nihilists, you know, they to opposet Trump, you know, and taking on an evil thing in your mind, and you know it's I mean to be opposite, and it actually is, like degenerate is insanity. But that's what you see everywhere.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for the goll syrup. Let's go to D in San Jose. D. Hello.
Speaker 10: I agree with everybody who said with the D after their names. I would not vote for any of them. But I wanted to say something about the billionaire tax, and that is that they're really pushing it. I have a lot of friends that are pushing it on emotional basis when they haven't even read it. It's like when Pelosi said, we have to pass it to find out what's in it. Somewhere around I think it's page twenty seven five zero three ten. It talks about the fact that they have the ability to just amend it whenever they want to, with a vote within their legislation without even informing us. It could be a million. They could change it from a billionaire tax to one million, to five hundred thousand, to whatever they want to and it's just a way of taking away. Eventually, we're not going to have any homeowners, We're not going to have anything. It's ridiculous. And then I have something to say about the Esque about the SCIU. During the time of the occupies, we had to occupy San Jose and it was completely taken over by FDIU, and the whole thing was done in Spanish. I speak Spanish, so I understood what they were saying, and it was just a bunch of Marxists garbage. It was just completely unreal. But they had buses and all these people were coming out and they all have posters and whatnot, and their purple T shirts and all that jazz, and the SCIU just completely took over the entire occupy and all that was coming out of the speaker's mouth was just Marxist garbage, and none of them were speaking any English. And then one time we had a protest downtown San Jose and they were protesting something God knows what it was, and I thought, you know, how many people know what they're talking about because they were marching through the streets, protesting and chanting in Spanish. So, I mean, there's so many things about this whole issue. And I actually have met years ago people who the men was in Sciu. The woman was using her maiden name, she was getting the five hundred dollars for all of their children. They're driving around in an escalade, they're buying the houses, and they weren't even citizens. So the whole thing is just really a big mess.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're going to have to leave it there. Thank you for the call, D. We appreciate it.