Speaker 1: Live from fifty eight Social at Oracle Park. This is Dirty Work with Copes and d Pop on The Sports Leader.
Speaker 2: Back on Dirty Work, Adam Copeland Derek Papa live from fifty eight Social. Get You're ready for Giants and Tigers. They cut up with John Morosi, Bubba Morosi as I call him. He catch that interview on the sports Leader dot com or these sports Leader app and we started the interview off by asking him, how are front offices looking at the Giants and what they did the trade deadline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great question because when you look at a couple things. Number One, you're in the National League West, right, So you've got this behemoth at the top of the division that's going nowhere. Regardless of whatever the rules of the game are. When we next convene with labor relations, the Dodgers will still be the Dodgers, right. So I think that it was the prudent approach. As hard as it was, and I was listening to some of Buster's comments there before the break. As hard as that decision was to make, it was the right decision. They there was no path for them to get into the upper echelon of this division right now, and especially not when you're trailing behind both the d Backs and the Podrays by a considerable margin. So recognize where you're at, lean into that a little bit, and then move the guys that you can move without changing too much of who you are.
Speaker 4: And I think that's a fine line. But the Giants did.
Speaker 3: ITAs obviously was getting later on in his tenure. And by the way, that's a it's a good job by the Giants to bring in a player that I never understand why he's not valued more highly by the marketplace. And then he comes in, works with Wash, gets better and and so there's a lot of really good things happening there that I hope that everybody around the industry says, you know what, San Francisco is a good place to go.
Speaker 4: We all know what an amazing baseball city is and what a.
Speaker 3: Place it is in general, and so go go there, work with the coaching staff there, you get better, and and it's a place that where you can either eventually win there or like rise, that's a good outcome. Okay, he's he's a respected player. People people know this guy, respect them like him. When good players who have respect go to your team play well and even if they move on, it's good for the brand, so to speak. And when we've talked a lot in the last few years about, Okay, how many players are gonna sign with the Giants, Well, this is a good outcome, so celebrate that. And I think also, you didn't have to trade Logan Web to bring back some value. Obviously you did trade Ray. You know, we'll see how the prospects all play out. You know, that's not my area of expertise as much you knowing exactly what these guys all.
Speaker 4: Great out and do.
Speaker 3: But it's it seems as though, based on those that know the prospect world better than I do, that the Giants.
Speaker 4: Did pretty well here.
Speaker 3: And and the other thing I like about the way they've brought the organization along is when you look at the top rankings of their farm system, a lot of middle infielders. Okay, those are hard guys to find, and eventually you're gonna want some youth at those positions to come up in the major leagues.
Speaker 4: And whenever a Damas's contract is up, et cetera.
Speaker 3: You want athletes, you want guys that can play the game, and the Giants are doing a better job of developing that I think Eldridge is taking a step. Lee is taking a step. So if you're gonna struggle, you might as well struggle in a year where you've got this unbeatable team at the top of the division. You're not like really missing a window here. You just have to retrench a little bit.
Speaker 4: Do that.
Speaker 3: And then the big thing is they need Devers to be better. Okay, they need a Domas to be better, they need Chapman to be healthier. If you were gonna start the year and say Devers would just be okay by his standards, a Damas would be below average as a major league hitter, which is what the numbers say is and that Chatman would be hurt. I'd say they're in trouble, and they're in trouble. And this is not like sometimes we like to over complicate the game. Sometimes it's real simple, like the Mariners, cal Rawley hasn't hit this year. Guess what they're struggling in Toronto, Gladdie hasn't hit. I mean this is the game is both very complicated and sometimes very simple, and and the simplicity of the game explains a lot of what has befallen the Giants and the Mariners and the Jays this season.
Speaker 2: John Bubba Morosi on the Uma guest line, it'spent too long, my friend, my old.
Speaker 3: Nickname when I was a kid. Well, well done, Derek. But we're we're family. Your dad called me that, like, like what we are family?
Speaker 4: It's all good. I'm happy with that.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely, John, So obviously not a true rebuild at the deadline, but uh, buster posey there in some of the audio we played saying that you know, we let everybody, We let baseball know that everybody was on the table. So do you happen to know behind the scenes how close they were maybe to dealing a Logan Web or a Jungku Lee or any of the big time contracts, and would they possibly revisit that in the off season.
Speaker 4: That's a great question.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that it was close close like on the five yard line.
Speaker 4: That's that's a lot of money to move.
Speaker 3: But I will say this that the offseason I think becomes very interesting. And and this is where we're kind of playing three dimensional chess without being able to look at the board right now because we don't know what the what the rules of engagement are going to be, right with with the CBA, et cetera. And so the Giants, though, they are the kind of team that you could envision being one that needs to maybe get their payroll into compliance if you ever end up seeing a salary cap. For example, Devers is making a ton of money. Okay, Adamins is making a lot of money. Web is making money, But I think the money for him is is good. I like he's so important to them. He grew up in Rockland. I don't I would not, and I don't think that they ever really were close to moving in because he's too important. You need you need some guys to soak up innings that are part of the culture. The Giants, by the way, I think are one of the teams that have gotten that as well as almost any other team throughout the years I've covered baseball. They understand that there are there are players their fans get used to see and want to see, and that.
Speaker 4: They need to be there.
Speaker 3: And I think Logan Webb is in that category. Lee, I'm a big Jung Holeie fan. I've watched him placency was in Korea back in I met him in twenty nineteen. Sometime I'll if we have time in some way I'll tell you the story about meeting him, But great guy, and I think he's really gotten more and more familiar with Major League Baseball. At the overall situation, he looks more and more comfortable. He's a good player for this ballpark. He's a good player for the organization. And so I would I would not move him.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Would they ever attach a more attractive sort of younger player to Devers?
Speaker 4: Maybe? But then all of a sudden, you're saying.
Speaker 3: For another team, Wait a minute, you want me to be now the third team to have him in a span of like two years, Like what's going on here? So I think Devers had whatever has sort of been an issue, has to get fixed by him where he's at before we start talking about additional things that have to happen in the future.
Speaker 5: John Mreszie the voice you hear on the Yumac gestline. You can see him on our video stream up on the sports Leader dot com, the app, and on on YouTube right now. So, like things have been tough for Giants fans, and I think we're all assuming it's going to be kind of a tough, you know, last couple of months as we get to look at some new guys and trying to find some bright spots for the future.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't mind. I don't think Derek would.
Speaker 5: If you got time, you want to tell us your your meeting Junghuli story.
Speaker 4: So so I interviewed him.
Speaker 3: I was on the World Feed broadcast and basically, if there's a tournament in the world that that I can go broadcast, like, sign me up, I'm going.
Speaker 4: So I worked on the world feed of the twenty nineteen premiere twelve.
Speaker 3: I interviewed. I interviewed Junghuli on the field. Uh and I I and before like whenever you know, if you know me, I love languages, so I learned how to say congratulations and nice to meet you in Korean for that particular introduction. The exact words are are not coming to me right now, but but just trust that I said it at the moment and I all good about it.
Speaker 4: So I interviewed him. I congratulated him.
Speaker 3: Of course, the story of his dad being this great player, so I learned about him well in advance of him coming to Major League Baseball. So this is his first week as a Giant. They're playing the Dodgers and he's making his debut at Dodger Stadium, and I was on I was on the broadcast team for that game with with TNT. So it was I think it was Brian Anderson and Jeff Frankr and me. And so we're in the We're in the Giants clubhouse at Dodger Stadium saying, you know, you know, going about getting our notes and having our meetings. And on the way out, I see Jung Who again. Now this is that I hadn't seen him in like three years.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: The last time I saw him was again like in a postgame interview on the field in Tokyo. So this is it's been a while. And so I walk up to him, and again at this point in time, I can like say three things in Korean, like Hello, nice to meet you, how are you, congratulations, like the basics, And so I I walk up to him and I say, I think I said congratulations, nice to meet you in Korean, and he kind of he kind of smiles, and he pulls his interpreter over and he and the interpreter then says to me, as relays back with Jung who said, he said, Jung Who says, that's not correct. You met him three years ago in Tokyo. I said, man, that guy's amazing, Like it's memories, like like, guys, I am not that memorable, trust me, and the fact that he like he like, and he said it with a smile like Tom Morosi, No, no, no, no, he can't use that word again with me because because he already used it once. You gotta dance your voca, buddy, you gotta learn some new phrases. And it was like he was smiling, laughing so like so every every ever since, I mean every time I ever see him, big smile, we always say hello back and forth like he's he's just a delightful person and like that's one of my all time favorite international baseball cultural connection stories.
Speaker 4: Like no, no, no, no, no, tell him that's wrong. He met me before. It was it was classic.
Speaker 2: No, that's incredible talking to John Morossi on the UMA Guest Line.
Speaker 7: I saw it this morning on MLB Network rocking to my Cruco Jersey.
Speaker 2: And of course we got the news yesterday that after thirty six seasons, he's stepping away from the mic. Just your thoughts on Mike Kruko and what he's meant to baseball.
Speaker 3: Legend Hall of Famer, Uh set the standard and and and this is for those of us in in the business, Okay, like like for years and years and years, people that are working broadcasting, we will stay up late to watch the Giants games because because.
Speaker 4: The broadcast is that great. And what makes it great?
Speaker 3: Okay, of course it's the scene, it's the team, but it's the voices, and it's the friendship. And and for all of us that have grown up loving the game, the magic of it is is friends talking.
Speaker 4: And the game is happening.
Speaker 3: And of course the iconic calls, uh for Kruk and Kite, But just when you feel like you get to just drop in on two best friends talking about the game, and you get to and and there's that third stool on the table and it's yours. That's the magic, right, That's that's why we do what we do, and that's why they're great. And that's why the two of them are such a great duo. And I mentioned this in the morning too, like the love and care they've got for each other families that goes so deep in ways that probably any of us can't really even fully understand. But just the care and the kindness they've always shown for each other and the way they represent the game they are is they are as important to the Giants organization and the way that those of us who get a chance to visit San Francisco from time to time and watch the games, they are as important or more important than any player. I really believe that, and that they are that important so institutions. And the thing is too, one of the things I love about this is that their greatness has been fully appreciated by the Giants fans. This is not I am not telling you anything you don't already know. I'm just I'm just telling you something that that for me, a guy from a small town in Michigan, I get it too, and and that to me, I just I hope that everyone just has that that satisfaction and knowing that when you've got that guy or in this case, that the two of them together and it's magic, like we felt that way with Ernie Harwell and Michigan Vin Scully obviously in LA. I mean, this is this is the mount rushmore of this profession and this sport, and so I just want them to know how much I appreciate the.
Speaker 4: Standards they have set for us.
Speaker 3: Any anybody that has the microphone that does anything with baseball. They're all part of the standard that has been set for us to try to follow. And the best way that they've done it is that they didn't think about their careers. It's like they've done it by being themselves, totally authentic. They didn't learn this in a broadcast school. They learned this in the dugout, in the clubhouse, on the field, and it's them. And I think that's whenever young people ask me, Okay, what do I want to do in this business? Basically, and what Kruk and Kype have shown us is be you. Be you, and and the way they did it is so brilliant and have done it is so brilliant. And I just hope for obviously just the best of the best of health and happiness to Mike and Jennifer, the whole family, and thanks thanks to them for all they've done for us so.
Speaker 5: Well, said John MOROSSI. With us on the Yuma guess we don't have tons of time. We do have to run, but dude, I said, I was going to do it because I want to hear from you on this and I'll just go big like a you know, thirty thousand foot Mack review on it. How high are the expectations for the Sharks in twenty twenty six, I cause, I mean playoffs are the the baseline as far as I can here.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean when you have arguably the best forward in the world right now is on your team, He's that good and that's not breaking news if you watch him.
Speaker 4: But this is just the opinion.
Speaker 3: I mean, McDavid is amazing, obviously, but when you look at celebrating what he can do, he's got a contract that proves it. And if I am buying stock in any team for the next five to ten years in this league, it's san Jose because it's not and and again part of it is part of it is good lottery luck.
Speaker 4: They were they were having high.
Speaker 3: Picks at the right times, but they've hint on the right picks. Mike Greer is really good. Warsovski's really good coach, like they've they've got. I'm a big Dickinson fan. I've watched him play in the Ohl here close to me in Michigan for a while, Misa I saw playing sac and all like, there's a lot of really good players in this team right now.
Speaker 6: Got I mean He's a guy that.
Speaker 3: That wasn't the most heralded when he was coming up and has just done nothing but score and make an impact.
Speaker 4: So I'm I'm on him. I think you know.
Speaker 3: I had a chance to watch the Librini play. I mean that was like last year. I watched him play in person in Detroit. I was like, I gotta see this guy. I mean, he was just so I'm I'm a huge fan of what he does. Great kid too, just everything about him. Man, I'm I'm I'm buying stock in this team.
Speaker 2: Okay, real quick, John, Okay, did the Dodgers put the best offer on the table for Trek Scooball? And would you be surprised if we have a workstopage in baseball that goes longer than me?
Speaker 4: Real quick?
Speaker 2: Yes, Sorry, complicated questions.
Speaker 3: I do believe they made the best offer. It's in the eyes of the beholder. The Brewers were really close. I'm I'm gonna be an optimist and say that we're playing before May. But but you're talking to an optimist here, So this so I think in terms of what's possible, and I'm gonna think that it's possible. That's what I got for.
Speaker 7: You there you go.
Speaker 5: John Morosi, the voice you hear and you see him on the MLB Network in the NHL Network. John, always fun to catch up with you man. Really appreciate the time today.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Bubba.
Speaker 4: We'll enjoy the conversation. Enjoy this twenty twelve World Series rematch. I'm sure the Giants fans want to see it play out just the way it did about fourteen years ago.
Speaker 6: A three game sweep. That's what we're looking for. Artitulated job.
Speaker 7: Thanks so much all the guys.
Speaker 6: Great stuff there from John Morosi.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to dirty work with Copes and d Pop live from fifty eight Social at Oracle Park before Tonight's Giants game on the Sports Leader.
Speaker 5: It's dirty work on a Friday evening. Adam Copeland, Deep Popp hanging out with you from the patio of fifty eight So sure where the Giants are getting ready to take on the Detroit Tigers tonight seven to fifteen. First pitch of six fifteen, pre game. We'll have it all for you right here on the Sports Leader. It's gonna be kider or keeter, I don't know. Montero takes the ball to night for the Tigers. He's eight and six with a three one seven ERA. The Giants are gonna send JT. Brew Baker an opener to the mound to make his uh his first start of the season. He's oh and o with a three one seven e RA. The guy sitting in between me and Derek, Now, Pat H. You know him from the K and b our YouTube chat.
Speaker 6: But is that? Is that your biggest hobby? The can to our YouTube.
Speaker 8: Chat, coming to games outside of coming to games?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think I've seen you in a game that we weren't broadcasting yet.
Speaker 8: I hit you up, and you know, how did we ever know?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you do hit me and I don't text back.
Speaker 5: Look, I get off the hobby is coming to get off the I got off the grid.
Speaker 8: Go to about thirty MLB games a year.
Speaker 6: Do you think your number is saved in my phone?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 8: Fifty on that one?
Speaker 7: Do you never let me with fifty to fifty?
Speaker 8: I think it would be. I would like to think so.
Speaker 7: I'm hoping it is, but it.
Speaker 5: Is more recent. For a while, I was like, who's this nine two five? And I have to scroll like, oh, it's Pat H. Yeah, So Derek came up with an idea for a for a bit today with with some of the filth. Come now with those dude, your taxis, your riddies, your crack of Jack's your who else?
Speaker 4: We have.
Speaker 6: Nick and dude a guy who runs with a full name on the YouTube.
Speaker 8: Channel it is bold.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you, dude, well.
Speaker 7: Ball brother after that? All right?
Speaker 6: So Derek, what was your whole plan for this segment? What did you want to do here?
Speaker 2: Well, basically, it's a segment until killed time before we have to end the show. But I knew a lot of members that fill will be out here today, So why not do something live, interactive on the actual show.
Speaker 7: Let's ask let's answer some questions you guys have.
Speaker 5: So pet H, it's ironic that the first guy to sit down to a dude who like has our phone number and could ask us any question anytime he will.
Speaker 7: It's a good like starting point. All right, So pet H your question.
Speaker 9: I got to encourage these guys. So I want to know if either of you guys have ever worked a real dirty job. You guys know, I work in a job that can get pretty dirty. Have you ever worked a real dirty job?
Speaker 7: Dirty? Dirty?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 5: What is what definition? Hold on, what do you mean you work a dirty job? You went to my dad's house and like fixed his internet once.
Speaker 7: You're taking pictures of his stuff.
Speaker 6: You took pictures of my childhood trophies in his garage.
Speaker 8: That was a cleaner job, for sure.
Speaker 9: But but what you didn't see is that I was out pulling the sub box and the curb, digging down into the you know, underground, basically.
Speaker 6: Into the into the fertile earth.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, okay, So if we have ever worked a real dirty job, so what would you qualify as a dirty job?
Speaker 8: Where do you work with your hands and you're you.
Speaker 9: Know, you do you come home and you want geez Louise, You come home and you want a shower after immediately.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean no for me, really, restaurant work is what I did. So I was.
Speaker 5: I was a barista for years in at the shout out to Pino's Coffee still still thriving on Benedict and in Sanity Andry. I worked there in junior college, and I worked at the Nord Shim Espresso Bar, and I worked at Boulevard Restaurant. I did some serving, I did some uh some catering work.
Speaker 6: I don't know that.
Speaker 5: I'd call that dirty jobs, though, I'd say there are times when you really are doing the dirty work, you're on your feet a lot.
Speaker 6: But I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't like pretend that that's anywhere near some of the the on like like shorting real body energy micro I mean, this guy, what do you think do you think Derek's ever done a dirty job?
Speaker 7: Damn?
Speaker 8: All right, I wouldn't allow him to do that.
Speaker 7: You guys know everything about me.
Speaker 2: Huh No, the answer is no.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: I mean like dirty jobs in the media industry, Like, let's be honest, every day's dirty in this business. But no, like I work some you know, like short stints at like you know, John Bajuice and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: But you see, we don't know everything about you. Another layer of the onion.
Speaker 7: People like for like a week, this isn't anything.
Speaker 6: Why did you only work there for a week because I didn't like it after a while.
Speaker 5: Oh it's a weak Okay. I only worked at Great America for a week. I was employed for a week. I got hired to run the Demon and then I realized, dude, this is gonna be way too long of a commute from san Ley entered to Santa Clair A sounds like it is am I doing this? But did I tell you at the time in like the I think I was technically employed by Great America for like nineteen days or something. Went to the to the how to do the drug test passed, I had to go for like an orientation training thing. And in the nineteen days that I was technically employed there somebody filed and won like a class action lawsuit for like not getting their break. Okay, And so dude, I ended up like four years later I got like a ninety dollars check from I got like I had to pay more for not I don't know, probably a book at school. Okay, it's some dorky thing, some dirty all right, petge one, that's question get here, Yeah, you can pot it down now.
Speaker 6: Anybody else got a question?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 7: Rock a new area up next, let's go.
Speaker 6: Have you ever worked any dirty job?
Speaker 7: Dirty job?
Speaker 6: What would you qualify as a dirty job?
Speaker 7: I mean, like cleaning toilets, like you know, doing like dirty.
Speaker 5: Work, Yeah, doing the actual dirty I mean like, is Pat Age actually done a dirty job?
Speaker 6: He's claiming that, like you know, laying cable or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've had like dirty jobs, like being yelled at by like rich eyes and at the NFL network, but like come on.
Speaker 7: Yeah he didn't yell.
Speaker 6: That's a pretty good all right. Well, what's your name? Young man?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 6: Rock? What's up? We're going on Rocking tow Era from the other camby r YouTube Chante. This's your first time on the air.
Speaker 7: What happened? We got the old school?
Speaker 8: Old school?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Jennie, all right, so where's your question?
Speaker 6: That's very nicely done.
Speaker 7: Do you you were a little upset yesterday? He was walking away from the mic.
Speaker 6: Not of set. More nice, celebratory. Yeah, okay, bitter sweet?
Speaker 7: Ye better sweet?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's fair all right, Rocking So we're another guy who knows us fairly well.
Speaker 6: I don't think you should be sitting here. But what do you got?
Speaker 10: My question is if you guys could get into a hot tub time machine, go to any sporting event, oh and you could be there live for that moment, what would it be?
Speaker 7: Am I in the hot tub watching the game?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 5: You get access to a hot tub time machine. We can go back in time to watch any sporting event and we get to watch it live.
Speaker 6: What would it be. Yeah, do you want to go first there because you have one off the.
Speaker 7: Top of or why not?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 7: You know what I'll go.
Speaker 2: I'll go to a hot tub time machine to nineteen seventy six to see the Oakland Raiders beat the Minnesota Vikings, because I've in my fandom, I've never seen anything like that when it comes to football.
Speaker 7: The best I've seen is them going to the Super Bowl and.
Speaker 2: Then getting their ask kicked by the Buccaneers and in recent years getting knocked on the first round with Matt mcgroin as your quarterback. No, Connor Cooks already hurt, that's right. So for me, like, it'd be cool to go back to the seventies. You know interesting there.
Speaker 6: Was a gas shotte you to flock a seagulls. That's about it.
Speaker 2: No, I would go with the Raiders win over the Vikings in nineteen seventy six with.
Speaker 7: His dad on the call. Well, no, Bill King, but you want to bring him with me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not getting the time Machine'll be nice, he loves He must must be nice.
Speaker 7: Everybody has a depression.
Speaker 5: It must be nice that you can pick any era and I can only go nineteen forty seven on because you know, I'm not picking a game from before Jackie broke the barrier, you know what I mean. They're like what, They're like, what's he I get back there?
Speaker 6: I'm arresting. I can't be you know what I mean? Arrest that? Yeah, go ahead, use yeah.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, like you you would like the Hotaeil. They're like, what is this contraption?
Speaker 6: Like what's this contraption? And what color is?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 5: Get him out of there? They can't be here to watch the babe. I you know, I think I think i'd go to It have to be a baseball.
Speaker 6: Game, right, I would guess that Willie Mays cat.
Speaker 5: I thought about that. That's nineteen fifty four. Vic Wurtz hits the ball for Cleveland. The catch would be cool, Like that would be a sweet one. But I think I would probably go something more direct historic, Like I think.
Speaker 6: I'd probably pick like it would be sweet to watch.
Speaker 5: Like like an All Star game from that era where you get to see like May's Mantle, uh the Duke, Like you get to see I don't know, just some legendary players, Supaida mcavy. I would probably go. I'd probably legit go to nineteen fifty one the shot heard around the world, Willie Mays on deck Bobby Thompson against Ralph Branka, the most historic moment in one of the most historic moments in franchise history, but in giant history. That would be a pretty sweet one. To see another one that would be really cool. Just I've always thought to be there at Old Yankee Stadium to see Roger Merris Hitt number sixty one on the final day of the season.
Speaker 6: I'm just because it was so much.
Speaker 5: It was such a weird controversy of like, we played eight more games than Babe Ruth, but now two men have hit sixty one home run. So I'd probably go to something like that, but it would certainly be after nineteen forty seven.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm not showing up. I'm not showing up before that too, all right, what I man? You know what else? You know what else? Would be sick though, real quick? Yeah, watching Wild score one hundred. Nobody's seen it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, watching will score one hundred would be one like nobody saw and then ask him other questions. Yeah, dude, yeah, follow him home and see how many you know what I mean home, Follow him home and see worries.
Speaker 6: Where's going. Yeah, he's on a fantastical kid. Where did you go? Duyke Clark?
Speaker 10: The catch shout out today is eighty seven.
Speaker 6: Shout Brady, he was there. That's your boy, Brady with a time.
Speaker 7: That's right, Ray Ratto, have you ever seen that photo on the sideline?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: Was he in the photo? Yeah? The white tie.
Speaker 5: It's like it's like Craig Seger being there at home Plate, like when when Hank Karen Chris like the tabo pants.
Speaker 7: I want to say, Ray Ratto is alright rocking for one more guy? All right, anybody else wants to ask the last question? Who's got it?
Speaker 6: We got two and there. We got two guys and they're both guys whom anytime?
Speaker 7: All right, the three guys we know the most.
Speaker 5: All right, Tack, he's coming up. We're gonna put some tacky.
Speaker 7: Watching mask like how much s do you eat routinely?
Speaker 5: Derek Attack, he's coming to sit down, you know, a tacky from the YouTube?
Speaker 7: How much fecal matter do you are?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 6: Are you a father?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 6: A tacky? Are you a dad?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: Put the head set on man.
Speaker 6: One month away from being closer to the beard.
Speaker 5: There there we goad one of our food in there too, one of our former Hawaii winners. Have we spend a week with you in Hawaii? I did, Darrington, you have a question for us?
Speaker 8: I got two questions?
Speaker 7: All right, I'll allow it.
Speaker 8: Is my number saved in your phone?
Speaker 6: Is your number saved to my phone?
Speaker 7: Since you asked, pat?
Speaker 6: Is your number saved in my phone? Dude?
Speaker 7: I do definitely not you and I you. You and I have only d m'd.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, no, dude, texted it.
Speaker 6: But you know how, I know you know how I did work text us? What's up? Bro? It's tacky? All right, I'll save it now, don't worry about it's a dude. Look. Look, I even have a.
Speaker 5: Text I wrote to you one time and didn't send it. I didn't even respond.
Speaker 7: The bubbles have been there this whole time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, wait, what do you want from me? Man? What do you want? All right?
Speaker 4: Tacky?
Speaker 7: Actually I appreciate you, so by all means ask the question. The question is.
Speaker 9: If you woke up tomorrow as the head of Cumulus, who's the first person you're firing?
Speaker 7: Tyler? Question by coach? You want to take this one first?
Speaker 6: So many names come to mind. Who's left?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I got one. Go ahead, well easy ones, Jack Loader, No, I'm kidding. Yeah, I love you, Joe.
Speaker 6: First, my first question is can I see everybody's cancer stands? And then I'll go for that. We'll just end it on that.
Speaker 5: One camby myself. I'm sorry you saying it worse than doing it. ATOA CAMBYR is a number to call. I don't know why, David, It's just my way to get out of here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Four, and you know what you were doing, Tack. He knew exactly what he was doing.
Speaker 5: And you may me look really good by letting everybody know your number was in my phone before I answer that question. It's like a quick break. When we come on back Dirty Work, we'll put the show to bed, get you ready for the Giants and the Tigers, Game one of a three game series only here on the Sports Leader and What's Dirty Work on a Friday evening, putting the show to bed out of Copeland deep pop with you from the patio at fifty eight, soho, she'll getting ready for what is to this point been a pretty quiet evening out here following the trade deadline, right, I mean, usually there's some bigger crowds here on a Friday. I mean it's it's about an hour until first pitch, and it's pretty light, seemingly out here in the.
Speaker 6: In the plaza. Now are you surprised, I mean, not totally. It's not a beautiful night.
Speaker 5: And also you should know those two being in San Francisco outside Lands weekend, people get out of the scene.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the outside Lands weekend is off, and it's a pretty light weekend around the city just in general based on how many people are out there or people stay away from that area. But also it's the first Friday home game following the tread deadline, so you know, six players moved off of the roster. Yeah, and I think we always anticipate at the end of summer ticket sales change a little bit, especially if you're not a team that's super competitive or in the Giants case, I don't know how many games under ear there right now, there are forty eight and sixty seven, so they're nineteen games under a risk of falling to twenty games under with the lost to night. This is a season low nineteen games under after a two to five road trip. So hey, it's it's getting a look at a lot of young guys you're getting an opener tonight in JT.
Speaker 6: Brubaker Giants did make another move.
Speaker 5: I should tell you right here to picture Trent Harris selected from Triple A Sacramento. Is Tristan Beck gets optioned back to Triple A Sacramento. So some new faces, some names that we're not here probably the last time you came to see this team, and in Eddie's Leonard and whatnot. So we can talk more about that over the next guy of months. But really what we're looking forward to, Derek, is Thursday night, less than a week from now, six days from today.
Speaker 6: The forty nine er start their preseason schedule, preseason football.
Speaker 5: Right now, we're just checking boxes on the way to week one in Australia.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I mean any football I'll take. Even last night. I know it's just preseason football, it's the Hall of Fame game, but I'll take it. So yeah, I'm excited about some football.
Speaker 6: You gonna kick out a last sense game.
Speaker 5: You really enjoyed that because you said, you call your dad and you said the first thing you said was how about that cost?
Speaker 7: And Duck.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest, I was watching simultaneously on the fold of my father, so I wasn't watching intently.
Speaker 7: But also like watching Carson back a little impressive, but again it's nice to see the unis out there taking with a great AsSalt. It's a Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I do you put I put more weight, not more weight than any of it.
Speaker 8: You just know that.
Speaker 5: I guess in preseason it's different for football, Like baseball, you know, guys are working to expand their their pitch count, they're working on a stuff. Football it's like sometimes don't even play because it's not worth the injury.
Speaker 7: It's not about the veterans.
Speaker 2: It's not about you know, like even like Ashon Genty last year, were you watch them a preseason against the Niners like oh wow, and then like in the regular season, what the hell's going on here? So really it's about the guys that are trying to make the squad. That's really what preseason's all about. But the glimpses of the starters that's always fun.
Speaker 5: All right, we gotta get out of here. We got Giants pregame In about a minute. Kyle Horror stepped in for our night Chips McCarthy. He's back at the Camber Studios. Time for a little note to self as we put this thing to bed. Kyle, you got a note to sell for.
Speaker 6: Us to sell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, notes of self and by no surprise, Craig Papa invited to the cookout.
Speaker 5: Well dude, great line and absolutely true. Greg, Now, well done, Kyle, dude. How about Marcus Thoms saying he might dap you a better than we could do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What do you that for us?
Speaker 7: Not to self?
Speaker 4: Not to self?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: Greg Silver, I love you, Pops, I love you. This week's been hell, but we got through it. Even Jack Loder, I love you, Donad.
Speaker 6: I'm not going that far. Note to self not to sell.
Speaker 5: I gotta remember it to save, like Tacki's number and the patt just number of my phone.
Speaker 6: That's just it's a total d move by me.
Speaker 5: Thanks to everybody who stop by today and for everybody and anybody that needs to hear it. It gets easier every day, it gets a little easier. You just got to do it every day. That's the dirty work, but it does get easier. You're listening to I don't know why it was going to do. Illegal Chinese baseball starts right now.