Speaker 1: Shining a spotlight on the insane asylum that is modern-day California.
Speaker 2: It's the John Phillips Show.
Speaker 3: And a very happy Wednesday to you at 12.06 in the West.
Speaker 2: It's the John Phillips Show. Mr. Randy Wiggs in Culver City.
Speaker 4: Johnny, we are broadcasting live in Southern California on 790k ABC and in the Bay Area on 810k SFO, but now we also broadcast live on video worldwide at johnnydontlike.com. That's Johnny with a Y, johnnydontlike.com. Takes you right to our YouTube channel. While you're there, hit subscribe so all of our content goes to your homepage. Hit the bell if you want to get notified when we go live. Hit the like button if you want to... Have YouTube send us to new people. It's happening every single day. And play around in the chat room. We have a very important question for you today in our scientific poll on the John Phillips Show. How will Spencer Pratt voters vote in November? Currently, with 86% of the vote, leave it blank.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly what I would do.
Speaker 4: Karen Bass has 12% and Nithya has 2%. Please vote in the poll. The poll is open this hour only. And then next hour we'll do a poll about John's haircut. So yesterday we had Barbara.
Speaker 3: Stone, the political scientist on, and we talked about probably the most asked question that I get, which is what are Spencer Pratt voters supposed to do in the November elections? Because we won't have the option to vote for Spencer. We did in the primary. We won't in the general. We will have three options on the November ballot, or at least those of you who live in L.A.
Speaker 2: Will.
Speaker 3: You can vote for the incumbent mayor, Karen Bass, who burned the town down and bankrupted us, spending money on the bums and put more people on the streets.
Speaker 2: She's done a great job. It's not a namsy-pamsy thing.
Speaker 3: You can vote for Nithya Raman, who is a socialist who believes the government should own the means of production and wants to make all of the problems worse. Or you can leave it blank. Those are your three options. Now, one question I get all the time is can you write Spencer Pratt's name in on the ballot And the answer to that question is no. Under the LA City Election Code, write-in candidates are not allowed in general municipal elections. Only the two candidates who advance from the primary can appear on the ballot. Write-in votes for Spencer Pratt or anyone else won't be counted. So you can write something in that is the equivalent of leaving it blank.
Speaker 4: I'm putting it right there on the screen. You cannot write in Spencer Pratt as much as people want to. You cannot do it.
Speaker 2: And here is the truth of the matter.
Speaker 3: The truth of the matter is that the Democratic voters in L.A. are split between Bass and Rahman. Nobody is running away with it. If somebody was running away with it, that person would be the winner because there are so many more Democrats than Republicans or independents in Los Angeles. But if it's split, that means the people that will decide who wins are the people who are not Democrats because the Democrats split their vote, which means that the Pratt voters, many of whom are in the San Fernando Valley, are going to be the ones who decide who will be L.A. 's next mayor. And it's not just me who is saying that. So are Democrats.
Speaker 2: Listen to this. And I read this to Barbara Stone yesterday. I'm going to read it again.
Speaker 3: Michael Trujillo, who's a longtime L.A.-based Democratic strategist, said on Twitter, quote, in a nonpartisan race for mayor of L.A., the third-place candidate typically has leverage. In 2005, the third place candidate pushed Villaraigosa to office. In 2013, the third place candidate endorsed Garcetti to victory.
Speaker 2: Same story over and over in this city.
Speaker 3: So folks will generally look at tea leaves on whatever former candidate Spencer Pratt says. He went on to say to his fellow Democrats, quote, you may not like it, But the reality is, reality star Spencer Pratt and his base vote in the San Fernando Valley is key to whoever becomes mayor this year. This is a nonpartisan race, not a Democratic primary. So the Democratic strategists, the Democratic consultants, are trying to figure out just exactly which candidate Spencer Pratt is going to get behind. Now, Randy, in preparation for this show, You put out a tweet telling the world that this was going to be the topic, and we got an interesting response.
Speaker 4: So every morning as I'm prepping for the show, I put together a little AI graphic with my friend Google Gemini, and I use it to promote what we're going to be talking about. So I put out why Spencer Pratt's voters now control L.A. 's future on today's John Phillips Show, live at noon at johnnydontlike.com, at johnnydontlike, and special guest Royal Oaks at 2 p.m., with a great graphic of the specter of Spencer Pratt looming over Los Angeles as John and I are scratching our heads looking at a ballot.
Speaker 2: It's pretty fun.
Speaker 4: Spencer Pratt himself quote tweeted it and reposted it, which I did not expect. Spencer Pratt gave us a direct response to the question. My voters quote control LA's future between what?
Speaker 2: Dumb and dumber. He's right.
Speaker 4: Stepping in solid human feces versus diarrhea. Crack pipes on the playground versus meth pipes.
Speaker 2: And you know what?
Speaker 4: As someone who has to vote in this November election, he's exactly right.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's 100% right.
Speaker 3: He could be the kingmaker in this election, but why would he? You know that old saying, Randy, you only need a cosigner when your credit is bad.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know. I don't know that one anymore, but I used to know that one.
Speaker 3: Why should he lend his name to either one of these god-awful candidates?
Speaker 2: There's no reason to.
Speaker 4: We're looking at two disastrous answers for the city of Los Angeles. No matter which one of them wins, why would Spencer want to put his name on either of them?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Here is the way I look at it.
Speaker 3: And thank God, again, I don't live within the city limits, so I'm not going to have to look at this on my ballot.
Speaker 2: You will, I won't.
Speaker 4: Well, and the only thing that I can do is I have decided I'm going to vote with my feet. As soon as it is possible to do so, I will be getting out of the city of Los Angeles. Maybe the county, too, but definitely the city. Because if these are the choices that they give me, they don't deserve my tax dollars anymore. And I see how much of those I give. Here's the way I would approach it. Under no circumstances... No circumstances. There's nothing you could say to make me vote for a DSA person. It's just not going to happen.
Speaker 3: Because unlike them, I believe in capitalism, private property rights, public safety, for-profit grocery stores.
Speaker 2: I need all my brands.
Speaker 3: If you put the city of Los Angeles in charge of stalking the grocery store, good luck getting anything you're interested in eating. So that puts me at odds with everything that they believe in. So Rahman is a no-go. There's no way I'd ever vote for her. So that means I would have two options.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 3: Vote for Karen Bass, who has burned the city down. She has spent more than any mayor in the history of the city on homelessness, and there are more bums living on the streets than ever before. She has made traffic worse. She has not repaved any miles of road in the last, what, year?
Speaker 4: She hasn't repaved any miles of road since the brilliant people in Los Angeles passed Measure HLA, which says if you repave a road, you've got to put in a road diet, and the city can't afford it.
Speaker 3: She has the cops back off whenever there's any rioting going on so nobody gets arrested.
Speaker 2: She won't cooperate with ICE.
Speaker 3: Whenever her back is up against the wall, she picks a fight with Trump instead of doing her job. She is beyond awful. And I would also add this. She has been endorsed by so many of the DSA members on the council. If she gets elected... she's going to owe them big time.
Speaker 4: She already has owed them a whole lot. You know how Eunice Hernandez endorsed Karen Bass for reelection? Guess what Eunice's got for it? She got a whole bunch of crooked nonprofits to run around MacArthur Park passing out meth pipes.
Speaker 2: And as an incumbent that's on.
Speaker 3: The ropes, for these people, these DSA candidates, to get behind her instead of a fellow DSA candidate, she's going to owe them more than what she would owe them under normal circumstances. So even though Karen is not technically DSA, she's going to be owned by DSA. So she might as well be part of that group. And that group is already flexing their strength. As soon as Hugo Soto Martinez beat his primary challenge outright, what does he do? Ban enforcement on homeless encampments in his district. That policy's going citywide, kids. And if Karen Bass were interested in getting Spencer Pratt voters, wouldn't she offer something to him? Wouldn't she offer something to Roxanne Hogue? who's the chairman of the Republican Party, wouldn't she say, okay, I know we disagree on a lot, and I know that you're really not happy with my performance, but here's what I will give to you. This is what I will give to you in exchange for your support. She hasn't even called them, which means she's offering nothing.
Speaker 2: And typically.
Speaker 3: by the way, when this sort of thing happens, these candidates are willing to wheel and deal. Willie Brown famously did that in San Francisco when he ran for mayor.
Speaker 2: And you know what?
Speaker 3: When he was elected mayor, the Republican votes in San Francisco helped put him over the top, and he kept his word.
Speaker 2: And then Gavin Newsom did the same thing when he ran for mayor.
Speaker 3: In And he went back on his word almost immediately. Gavin is not trustworthy.
Speaker 4: Nope.
Speaker 3: Karen Bass hasn't even made the phone call, but I wouldn't trust her either. I don't like the cut of her jib. I don't think she'd be an honest person. I think she would promise the world if she felt desperate enough. But then if reelected, she would owe the DSA more than she would owe the Pratt voters. So why would she feel the need to follow through with it? I don't see that happening.
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 4: I don't think either of them thinks they need this voting bloc to win because they're right now trying to out-DSA each other.
Speaker 2: But the math is the math.
Speaker 3: The votes that are up for grabs are the Pratt votes. And I guess some of the other candidates that didn't do well But the biggest block of votes that are available in November are the Pratt voters. That should be enough to put you over the top if you get the Pratt voters behind you.
Speaker 4: But why would, as your column so eloquently puts out, the Pratt voters get behind either of them?
Speaker 3: And that's my point. That is exactly my point. Here's how I end it in the column. That means, given the fact that ramen is not an option, my options are to either vote for a failed mayor whose bumbling leadership destroyed a city I love, or leave the ballot blank.
Speaker 2: This November, L.A.
Speaker 3: Voters are faced with the old life jacket ethical dilemma, which goes like this. The ship just sank. There are more passengers in the water than life jackets. One of the people in the water is Karen Bass. Do you throw her a life jacket? Or do you turn around and go to Ghana because the fire chief never told you the surf would be high?
Speaker 6: If you're feeling down, if you're feeling blue, let's get help for you.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you, if I were in that position, I would let that woman drown.
Speaker 2: Hypothetically speaking. Hypothetically speaking.
Speaker 3: Hypothetically, I might put my foot right on top of her and push her under the water.
Speaker 2: Hypothetically. We want to make sure we're clear on that. Because let me tell you.
Speaker 3: Neither one of them deserves to win. Neither one of them. But Karen Bass deserves to lose. You cannot burn the town down and get reelected. You just can't. There has to be consequences for that.
Speaker 2: There just does.
Speaker 3: She burned down the Pacific Palisades and then doctored the report to blame other people, which means she learned nothing from what happened and she's willing to let it happen again.
Speaker 2: Why would you ever trust her?
Speaker 4: How could you reward anything that she's done over the last four years? She's been an abject failure on every aspect, including the one.
Speaker 2: That she ran on, homelessness.
Speaker 3: So given the fact that The DSA is a no-go for me. Me leaving the ballot blank hurts Karen Bass.
Speaker 2: That's what it does. It's like a half a vote for ramen. Noodle brain.
Speaker 4: She gets called that a lot at city council meetings by the public commenters.
Speaker 2: Just add water.
Speaker 3: So here's our question to you at 800-222-5222, 1-800-222-5222. What are you planning on doing if you live in the city of Los Angeles or you, hypothetically speaking, are facing the question that will face the city of L.A.
Speaker 2: Voters?
Speaker 3: What would you do on the November ballot? You have three options. You can vote for Bass. You can vote for Rahman. or you can leave it blank. I would leave it blank. What say you?
Speaker 2: At 800-222-5222.
Speaker 7: 1-800-222-5222.
Speaker 3: If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at johnnydontlikeshow at gmail.com. That's johnnydontlikeshow at gmail.com. And if you'd like to watch us perform the show live and hit the like button and comment on the program, Randy, that's easy to do.
Speaker 4: The website is johnnydontlike.com. You can watch the show, play around in the chat room, and participate in our very scientific poll at johnnydontlike.com. Currently, the poll is, how will Spencer Pratt voters vote in November? 87% will leave it blank, 9% would vote for Bass, and 4%.
Speaker 2: Would vote for Ramen. That's what I'd do.
Speaker 4: The polling is open until 1 o'clock, so get online at johnnydontlike.com. Vote and play around in the chat room. We're here until 3 o'clock. And at 3 o'clock.
Speaker 3: The newest edition of the Accountability Podcast drops.
Speaker 2: Oh, and it's a good one. Accountability, accountability, accountability.
Speaker 4: Johnny and I are joined by our friend Jennifer Van Laar talking the crooked tire deal, Gavin's crooked real estate deal.
Speaker 2: And the war on journalists.
Speaker 4: It premieres at 3 o'clock right after we sign off the air at johnnydontlike.com.
Speaker 3: And Randy, we're going to be on the road to the San Fernando Valley soon.
Speaker 4: A week from Friday, we're going to be at Pineapple Hill. And if you heard our interview with Angela Marsden yesterday, you know why you all need to come down and support Pineapple Hill, support us, and of course, support our friends at the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association. We'll be there with Susan Shelley talking Prop 43. You can even pick up a yard sign. The Pineapple Hill Saloon and Grill next Friday from noon to three. We'll see you there live and we'll have it on video. Our first live remote on video.
Speaker 2: How fun.
Speaker 4: You can see Johnny's haircut in person. Okay, that was mean. The chat is going all over it.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: I thought the chat would be nothing about bashing bass and ramen, and every single message in the chat is about your haircut.
Speaker 3: Well, if you want to watch us, you can go to johnnydontlike.com and click that like button.
Speaker 4: Should I feel offended that I got a haircut last week and no one even notices?
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to the phones and begin with Stephanie in Encino. Stephanie, hello.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 7: Can I talk while I'm listening to the radio?
Speaker 2: Well, turn the radio off and you can talk to us on the phone.
Speaker 9: Oh, okay. Got it.
Speaker 2: And then's the breaks.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 7: Are you there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Okay, well.
Speaker 7: What I would do is tell all my friends, do not vote for any of them. Don't mark any of those people. And write in Spencer Pratt. And then if that doesn't work, in three months, whoever... of those people if one of them or the other gets elected I would request a recall and that can be done after the person has been in office for three months.
Speaker 3: Okay thank you for the call let's go to Sean in Venice Sean hello.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys.
Speaker 10: Love the show. So I listened to an interview with Tracy Park recently, and unfortunately, if you have to choose, she picks Bass. Being the devil you know, she's worked with her on the West Side with Cleaning Up Venice. So I'm kind of leaning towards that just based on my support for Tracy Park. If people don't vote, which is what my initial response was, well, I'm just not going to vote. Then I predict it'll be a landslide for ramen because of all the vote harvesting from Skid Row. So I urge people, even though it sucks, dumb and dumber, I guess we pick dumb, which would be best.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to.
Speaker 3: Point out, too, there's a difference between not voting and leaving it blank on this particular race. You can show up and vote and vote on the propositions and vote for the other races while leaving.
Speaker 2: This one blank.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, I'm voting on all that. I just meant for the race. The other thing that concerns me, living in Venice, is that damn monster on the median just won't die. We've killed it three times, and it keeps coming back, and Rahman will... bring that back because she's like Mike Bonin. So if you like Mike Bonin on the West side, you got Nithya Raman running the city. It's a disaster. And, um, uh, like you said, it's, it's a lesser of two evils. You're, if you don't participate, uh, you're probably going to get Raman and Raman's worse than bass. And, uh, I'm with you guys. How can you reward failure? I'm sick of it. But, uh, this is what happened.
Speaker 2: All right. Thank you for the call, sir. Let's go to Rocco in Santa Clarita. Rocco, hello.
Speaker 8: Hi, Johnny.
Speaker 9: Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 5: Long time I haven't called. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys down at Pineapple Hill next week. And I wanted to say I live in Santa Clarita, so, of course, I don't vote in this election, in that election. But I could not vote for either one. Bass is a tried and true communist who studied under Castro. And Nithya Raman is a complete insane communist. So, I mean, I wouldn't vote for either. They're both idiots. I don't know what's going to go on. L.A. will get what it deserves, I guess.
Speaker 9: And I feel sorry for it. But what can you do?
Speaker 3: What's so odd to me is that neither one of them are even trying to get the Pratt voters. This is the block of the electorate that is going to decide who wins and who loses, and they are so in their own silos, they're so in their own bubbles, that they're not even reaching out to the people who hold the keys.
Speaker 2: To the kingdom, which means neither one of them deserve your vote.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think the Pratt voters mostly, I like to believe, are bright enough not to believe the lies from these people if they try to court them.
Speaker 9: They're just going to lie. They're going to lie and go back on them.
Speaker 5: That's what these people do. That's what they do. That's their modus operandi, if you will.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the call. Let's go to Kent, a listening odd line in Garland, Texas. Kent, hello.
Speaker 9: Yeah, hi.
Speaker 11: I've got a different suggestion for you. I think that Spencer should endorse Rahman and all the Republicans should vote for her for two reasons. First of all, it'll give Californians a good lesson in what it's actually like to have a socialist in charge. And second of all, if Bass gets reelected, she'll think she has a mandate and she'll be even worse than she is now.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you for the call, sir. Let's go to Dino in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Dino, hello.
Speaker 9: I think this is a great opportunity to create somewhat of a science project. I would petition that all Pratt voters, conservatives, Republicans, do not write in anybody. Let's get a real count for how many DSA voters and how many Democrat voters there are in L.A., and if they are cheating in either way by fighting each other, the less amount of people that have contributed, we could find out. In other words, if people are using other people's names that didn't vote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can always tell what the fall off is on a ballot in a particular race. And sometimes it's really dramatic. Now, the farther down on the ballot you go, the more fall off you're going to have. So the most number of votes are usually going to be cast for the top of the ticket race. If it's president, it'll be in that race. If it's governor, it'll be in that race. And by the time you get down to state assembly or city council or water board or whatever, there's a big fall off, but usually you don't have a humongous fall off to this, whatever's on the ballot next. And this is a pretty top race, pretty close race, a race that's certainly being paid attention to by a lot of different people. A lot of money is going to be spent on this race. So you would assume that there'd be huge amounts of interest in it. If the fall off is huge, Yeah, you're right. That may send a message. Thank you for the call, sir. Let's go to Martin.
Speaker 2: Martin, hello.
Speaker 9: How are you doing?
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 9: Can you hear me? Yes, sir. Yeah, I was just wondering, you know, the government is created for the people, by the people, and by the people, for the people, I don't know what to say, but why can't people just, why do they have to accept who the candidates are? Why can't they just block out the names and write in Spencer Platt? Why can't everybody do that?
Speaker 10: I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Not allowed, according to the city charter.
Speaker 4: Let me point to the sign, pointing to the sign right now. You cannot write in Spencer Pratt. We have had to say this over and over and over again. There are three people on hold right now who want to say write in Pratt.
Speaker 3: You can't do it. I don't even think there's an option. There's not even space on the ballot to write it in.
Speaker 4: You know, this is a scientific experiment on how closely people actually listen to the radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Kimberly in Venice. Kimberly, hello.
Speaker 12: Hi, John. I'm not voting for either one of them because the best way for me to put it is, okay, let's say Hitler was running and Castro was running.
Speaker 7: Who would you vote for?
Speaker 9: Neither one, of course.
Speaker 7: Same thing to me.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 2: That's the way I see it, too. Thank you for the call. Let's go to Mary in the San Fernando Valley. Mary, hello.
Speaker 6: Hey, John, how are you?
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 6: I'm going to hold my nose and vote for Bass. I've been active in the city for over 50 years, and I've got to tell you, if Rahman gets in there, we are in big, big, big trouble. I was real active in the secession movement, and I've reached out to a lot of people, you know, like two years ago and told them, if we don't do something here in the Valley, we're going to be worse than L.A. And it's like most of them have either retired or moved away, and they don't want to be active anymore. And it's bad, John.
Speaker 12: It's really bad.
Speaker 6: So, I mean, yeah, I agree it's the worst of two evils, but I'm telling you, if Rahman gets in. You're going to see what Hugo Soto Martinez just now did citywide, number one. Number two, we've got the DSA trying to create these social sex facilities to let the homeless go in and relieve themselves. It's going to be awful with ramen. It's going to be awful with ramen, but it's just one of those things.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's, you know.
Speaker 6: I don't know what to tell you guys. I agree, you know, it's like the worst of two evils, but we can't get ramen in there.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you for the call.
Speaker 3: 800-222-5222 is the telephone number, 1-800-222-5222. For those of you who live in L.A., you'll have three options for mayor. You can vote for Bass, vote for Ramen, or leave it blank.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 3: If you'd like to weigh in on the topic, which is what would you do if you vote in the city of Los Angeles for mayor?
Speaker 2: Karen Bass, Nithya Raman, or leave it blank.
Speaker 3: If you want to watch us online, perform the show live, you can do so at johnnydontlike.com, and make sure to click that like button when you're there. It helps push the show far and wide.
Speaker 4: I wonder if we've Pavlovian-ly trained people while they're watching the show to put our thumbs up the same way that we do it.
Speaker 2: Hmm. All right, let's go to Stuart in Seal Beach. Stuart, hello.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you, John and Randy, for taking my call. I want to make three points. First of all, Karen Bass is term limited to one term. That's as much damage as she can do. Nithya Raman. would be an incumbent if she won in 2030 and have another four years. She can inflict a lot of damage in eight years. Two, Tracy Park is supporting Karen Bask as she may have an opportunity when the city declines under Bask to come in in 2030 and be a logical individual that could actually help the city. Three, Karen Bass is going to be 73 years old. Nithya Raman is 45 years old. So as an actuary, I would think that she might have a lot less life than Nithya Raman. So Nithya Raman, if she gets into L.A., could go even further, whether it be senator or governor. Karen Bass, it's the end of the road here. And finally, the policy of putting kids, homeless people in front of schools, not banning encampments like that. could lead to incredible loss of attendance at the L.A. City Schools. They're already in serious financial trouble. To do that under Nithya Raman would lead us to a big problem with the finances of the L.A. City Schools if they're not already in a bad enough situation. So for that reason, I would hold my nose, vote for the F, which is Karen Bass, instead of the F-, which is Nithya Raman.
Speaker 3: Well, your arguments are pretty well thought through. You make a compelling case. I want to go back to the first point that you made, because I picked up on something when we had her on the program, either it was late last week or earlier this week, I don't remember. But Tracy Park was on the program and talking about the debate that took place between Bass and Rahman. And I thought to myself, knowing that she's the sanest voice on that city council.
Speaker 2: And knowing.
Speaker 3: that in a year when the DSA is gaining massive amounts of popularity within the Democratic Party, she crushed her opponent and won outright in the primary. She sounded a lot like someone who was planning on running citywide at some point in the future. Not this cycle, obviously. She ran for re-election. But I got the distinct impression that she is thinking beyond her district in the city of Los Angeles. And it's interesting to me that you saw that, too.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did. And I think she would have unlimited funds after whether bats or ramen damages city. I think finally people might say, you know, we should have voted for Rick Caruso. We blew it again. We need to put Tracy Park, the only sane individual that would run for mayor and put her into office, because frankly, this is a incredibly destructive campaign. group of people. But unfortunately, Rahman is even more destructive. Unfortunately, Bass is the devil we know. Rahman is a devil that could be far worse than the devil we know.
Speaker 2: All right. Thank you for the call. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Randy, did you get that impression too when Tracy Park stopped by?
Speaker 4: Oh, very much so, especially how much money was spent in that race and how she won handily. The problem is that The West Side is a lot further along in the timeline than the rest of the city of Los Angeles because the West Side was exposed to the DSA before anybody. People like to say that Nithya was the first DSA city council person.
Speaker 2: No, she wasn't. Mike Bonin was.
Speaker 4: And after two terms of destructive Mike Bonin, they finally realized their mistake. The rest of the city still has to go through a lot of DSA nonsense before they come to that conclusion. So while I think she would do very well on the West Side, the rest of the city is full of a bunch of morons.
Speaker 3: What was weird about Mike Bonin, though, was when he ran the first time, he did not run as DSA. He ran as a normal person. He worked for Bill Rosendahl. who was the councilman prior to Bonin being elected, who was a normal person. And then Bonin got in and Rosendahl died and Bonin went crazy.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did. Let's go to Ray in Livermore. Ray, hello.
Speaker 8: Hey guys, great show. I'm obviously Northern California, not voting in this, but I know someone who worked close in elections and vote counting and they told me years ago, never leave any blank spaces on your ballot because unscrupulous people can come along and mark spaces that you left blank. So if you want to vacate both of those, mark both Bass and Rahman, and then your vote will be nullified because it's marked incorrectly. So don't leave it blank. Mark them both, else an unscrupulous person may come along and mess that up. And I have a question. If Johnny doesn't like, why am I supposed to like? Help me out on that, guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a question we get very often, too. So a song I used to use is with the theme song to this program, which we can't play because we no longer have the music rights, is from a band called The Eels, which is a local band in Los Angeles. They're from Silver Lake. And they have a song called Soul Jacker. And one of the lines in the song is Johnny Don't Like. Well, when you have a very common first name and a very common last name, you can't get at John Phillips on Twitter. You can't get at John Phillips on YouTube. You can't buy your own name. So you have to come up with something else. And since we were going to use the song as the theme to the show anyway, we decided to just turn it into the social media handles.
Speaker 8: Well, you guys do a great job. Thanks. John and Randy, for all the great work you do exposing the fraud in this state.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the call, sir. We appreciate the kind words. Let's go to John in Long Beach.
Speaker 2: John, hello.
Speaker 9: Gentlemen, good afternoon.
Speaker 10: Great show.
Speaker 9: I'm just glad I live in Long Beach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rub it in, Johnny. Rub it in.
Speaker 9: Rex Richardson.
Speaker 5: He and Karen Bass went to the same school, MU, Moronic University.
Speaker 2: All right. Thank you for the call. Let's go to Mary in Venice. Mary, welcome.
Speaker 12: Well, I'm totally disappointed I can't write in Pratt, so I think I will take the other caller's suggestion and mark both Bass and Rahman. cancel it out. But regarding Tracy Park, she's a very smart and capable woman. And if she is behind Bass, it's because she knows Bass is going to win and is the lesser of two evils. So if somebody were to mark one or the other, I would do what Tracy's doing and mark Bass. Furthermore, hopefully Tracy will run for mayor in the future. She is the only capable woman you know, halfway normal politician out there. And I've seen her perform regarding the Palisades fire, regarding the zombie invasion in Venice, and many other issues. And unlike any other person who's, you know, been running in Venice, her office is responsive. Every time you call, every time you email, they address your issue, which is shocking.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: We're going to have to leave it there. Thank you so much for the call. We appreciate it. We've got two more hours coming up on The John Phillips Show. The Fix California hour is next. If you want to watch us live, go to johnnydontlike.com and click that like button.
Speaker 2: It really helps us. Don't you go anywhere.