Speaker 1: Well, the city council might only give you sixty seconds to where your grievance is.
Speaker 2: Oh hi, i'd like to start go to the first caller on the phone.
Speaker 1: Twell, if you're lucky, now we're giving you a both sixty minutes. It's a KABC News Blitz with Randy Wang and our long recap of the day's top local stories on your drive home. And unlike the city Council, we're the perfect vehicle to actually get your voice heard. The KABC News Blitz with Randy Wang starts no, no, No.
Speaker 2: It is the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk radio seven ninety KABC. This is your daily rundown of everything you need to know that's going on in Southern California, the Bay Area, Sacramento, San Diego, and the Central Valley. I compile a list every single day of all the news stories that I found that you may find interesting that you may have missed at Randywangradio dot substack dot com. That's Randy Wang Radio substack dot com. The phone number to join us is eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two, And I have a very important conversation that I need to have with everybody listening right now. Yesterday we played some of the sound of the debate between Nithia Rahman and Karen Bass, and I had one very clear takeaway. This city is not getting any better anytime soon, no matter which one of these two morons gets in charge. So that's when I came to the realization that enough is enough. If I cannot vote for somebody that's going to fix the problems here, I've got to vote with my feet and I've got to go somewhere else. Now. I'm sure you're all aware that, like my five my her ten year plan is to like live part time in Santa Fe, New Mexico. But I'm not even talking about that right now. I obviously still need to work in the Southern California area. My job is in the Southern California area. We do a lot of events out here, what have you. But I am so ready to be out of the city of Los Angeles. I in the next year or so want to move. Realistically, with interest rates, we would probably rent out this house and then go rent or buy somewhere else if we could figure that out. But I want to be somewhere else. I am forty one years old, and I am at a point where I should really, really really like where I'm living. I sure work my ass off. I should be able to enjoy the place that I am and every single time that I traveled to all the things that I like that I don't have. So let's take all of the politics out of this right now, because life is so much more about who is running your city. That's definitely an important part of it, but there are so many other aspects, you know, when it comes to the actual quality of life day in day out, what are the things that I am looking for. One thing that I have learned over the last many years is that I really love walking. I really love walking, and while I can walk around my neighborhood a million times, I prefer walking where there's stuff to do, or walking and you can see cool stuff. Whether that's walking in a beautiful manicured trail nothing too wilderness e or walking around a safe, fun downtown in a city. I love walking around. I love going to places. I love when my wife and I can go walk somewhere to a patio and go have a nice meal. That's another thing. Great restaurants very important to me. And you know, Los Angeles does have a lot of great restaurants, but they're so spread out that it is such an adventure to get to any of them. Outside of all the politics problems of the city of Los Angeles, my biggest gripe with LA is it's too big and it's too spread out, and I live in the suburbs and it's a pain in the butt to go anywhere. But it doesn't have to be that way for me. The only reason I'm still here is because I choose to be. I can choose to move anywhere else within a reasonable distance of Culver City, because my commute already sucks and it would have to be a really nice place to have to make that commute even or you know, the universe could align my way and we could start, you know, having me work full time remote. It'll happen someday. Make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel. It's our lifeline. So what am I looking for in a place that I want to live. I'm looking for walkability. I think I'm also looking for at this point, if I'm gonna have to pay through the nose to live in southern California. It's got to be somewhere that doesn't have the heat of the San Fernando Valley. I'm over it. So even though I love the walkability and I loved living in the city of Burbank, I don't know if I can do Burbank again. Like, these summers are getting really unbearable. And yeah, most of the year it's fine and it's pleasant, but you know, I got out of my car today at four o'clock as I park in my driveway and it's just like, ugh, this is awful, you know. And I drive into Call, which is on the other side of the hill, and it's like fifteen sixteen degrees cooler. Culver's a possibility, you know, Culver I wouldn't hate, although I mean it'd be really really a hard sell. Oh, let's move to the place that's right next to my work. But Culver has a lot of fun stuff going for it. You know, the walkable outdoor mall so that there's not that many things there, but the platform or the Culver City steps, those are kind of cool. There are some great restaurants. What I do like about Culver, and I explored this a couple of years ago. Many years before I took over this time slot and the news Blitz was rotating guest hosts. There was a week where an old partner of mine, Leahn Tweeden, who I used to work with on the morning show, she was asked to do a week of guest hosting and she asked me, and I was working noon to three at the time, if I would do the time slot with her at this point, I think this show was six to seven pm, and I said yes, because well, I love Leanne, and you know I'm a narcissist, and any excuse to get paid to talk on the radio. I don't think I got paid extra for it, but you know what, I was happy to do it. And so for that entire week I had to figure out what to do with myself between three pm and six pm because only about a half hour that was going to be show prep, and so I had to figure out what to do. Well, I could go walk to the Trader Joe's over there on Culver, could do that. What I ended up figuring out the first day was that if you don't mind a little bit of a detour, because it's not a straight shot, you can walk from where the radio station is in Culver City. It takes about a half hour to get there to the Baldwin Hill's scenic overlook and those massive, massive staircase at that hiking trail, and I made it there. I didn't really know where I was going, but I loved it, and I loved that I could walk there from it, and the neighborhood that's right next to the radio station is It's pretty nice, you know. And Culver City is not the City of Los Angeles. It has its issues, like with the bus only lanes and the traffic and the red turn arrows, what have you. But Culver's pretty nice and being able to walk to a trail like that is pretty cool. So that's a possibility. I don't think I could really afford some of the beach towns, but I'm open to it if there is a way to figure that out. You know, walk up and down a board walk every single day. Again, great restaurants are an important thing, you know. Maybe it's time to think about Orange County, where, you know, not only are you leaving La City, you're leaving La County where things are a little better run.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Could I see myself in Seal Beach someday it's possible. I do love Seal Beach, you know, although Long Beach I also think Long Beach is pretty fantastic.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend to beat the heat, we're gonna go hang out in Ventor and ox Start. And it is so funny. This is how crazy I am getting in, Like I've got to get out. Yesterday, as we're figuring out what to do to beat the hundred degree heat, my wife says, oh, I found a place that we can take the dogs at, you know, the Ventura Harbor near Oxnard. And I'm like, oh, well, that sounds fun. Hey, what's going on in Oxnard? And I just start looking it up and I start like doing a deep dive and I start looking into River Park and Oxnart, which is this master planned community where you know when you go up the one to one freeway and you see that massive outdoor mall that's right off the freeway in Oxnard with the Whole Foods and all that stuff, the collection, and right behind that is this whole neighborhood where every single house or condo apartment is walking distance to this big outdoor mall. And I started looking at it, like for how much house prices are. I started looking at you know, what's life like there? I was watching YouTube videos of real estate agents of what is this like there? How is living there? And there are pros, there are cons, But that would be kind of fun.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like I do. My wife and I, even though we live in the middle of Lake Balboa, we go to Woodland Hills a lot and go to the Woodland Hills Village. And I was just saying the other day, you know, if we live within walking distance to the Woodland Hills village, that would be pretty fun. That being said, the heat of Woodland Hills is brutal, and Woodland Hills is very expensive. That vineyards at porter Rane, that would be a fun area to live nearby and walk to that every single day. So I do like the idea of walking to a boardwalk every day. Walking to some kind of outdoor mall definitely has to be an outdoor mall. Indoor malls are so nineteen eighties. But this is where I need some advice because, you know, even though I've lived in Southern California my entire life, there's a lot of Southern California I have not seen. I have not experienced as now I am declaring myself a free agent, starting to explore the possibility that I would like to live somewhere else in the region, Somewhere that's a little cleaner, somewhere that's a little safer, Somewhere where I can do a lot of walking, but also has great restaurants, maybe some good bars, maybe some hiking or trails. I'd love to know if there's a you know, tell me where if you want to sell me on, like the part of town where you live in, whether you're in Ventura County, whether you're in Orange County, or the parts of La County that are nice, the South Bay, Pasadena, Burbank, Glendale, what have you. If you don't live in the city of Los Angeles, but you live in southern California and you want to tell me why your part of town is great compared to La the phone lines are open right now at eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you live in a fun, walkable area, tell me about it and tell me why I should consider not only just exploring and checking it out, but maybe moving there someday. I need out of the city of Los Angeles like yesterday. I need out of the valley like yesterday. So if you've got a fun area, if there there's a neighborhood that you love that you want to tell me about. You know, a small city that doesn't get enough attention, but it's kind of like, you know, the little secrets of southern California, where life is actually a quality of life is good. Tell me about it. Eight hundred two two two five two two two one. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. I am planning. I'm at the beginning stages of planning my escape from the City of Los Angeles. So I need to figure out where to go. Where should Randy Wang move to eight hundred two two two five two two two one. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. I got to get the hell out of LA I would like to live somewhere in southern California where the quality of life is much better. So tell me where I should go. Eight hundred two two two five two two two one, eight hundred two two two five two two two. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk radio seven ninety KABC. Now it's the news Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk radio seven ninety kab see if you're on hold, stay right there. We're getting to your calls, and we'll be screening your calls momentarily. We're taking your phone calls right now. The phone number to join us is eight hundred two two two five two two two one. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. I have had it with living and paying taxes in the city of Los Angeles. There has to be a better way. There are people listening right now. You have a better quality of life than I do because you don't live in the city of Los Angeles. So I'm a free agent. The things I'm looking for is good weather and somewhere where I can do a lot of walking. Maybe walk to some restaurants or an outdoor shopping center. What have you. I like walking, and I like good weather, and I like to not have to drive everywhere. So give me your pitch. Where should Randy Wang move to eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two. Let's start with Linda in Torrents. Linda, Hello, Randy.
Speaker 4: Come to the South Bay. I work in Culver city. I have lived in El Segundo, Torrance, little great pocket a Hawthorne called Holly Glenn, and I've lived in Redondo Beach. You're close to Manhattan, Hermosa, the bars, the food, You're close to pev for the hikes up in PV along the coast which are fabulous, and even the little cities around here. Torrance has the Madrona Marsh to walk around. The beaches have the strand there's plenty of walking, plenty of great little cities like El Segundo if you live there to walk to the downtown. And Torrance has a great old town. But any of the beach cities are great. But even you know, the price tags high and the ones that end in beach. But Redondo is good, Torrents, Elsagundo, great little niches.
Speaker 2: I love that suggestion. I have spent some time in the South Bay, not nearly enough, but it is beautiful there. I also just for the way my life is going to be over the next years. Being that close to lax is probably a smart thing for me. But boy, you sure sell it great. You've got lots of great, beautiful splendor in every single direction, and Torrance has you know, safe neighborhoods, good restaurants. That that is a great idea. Torrance is a place I definitely have to look into.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anywhere that is west of the One hand Freeway is a good ten degrees cooler than anywhere else. And if you need a carpool body the cover city I got you.
Speaker 2: Well, there we go. Thanks so much for the call, Linda, appreciate it. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number. I want to move out of La so bad, so tell me where I should go. Let's go to Marion in seem Valley.
Speaker 5: Marion, Hello, Hi, I think your idea of moving to River Walk area would be great. The weather's better. I like SeeMe Valley. I've been here for forty nine years, but that area it'd be cooler. I mean today, right now, it's like ninety four degrees out here. My brother lives in Torrance. He really likes it. But make sure if you move to the South Bay, you move to a city that has it. It's its own city, not part of LA City.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that is definitely the most important thing is I can no longer be giving my tax dollars to the city of Los Angeles. They don't deserve it somewhere else does. See Me is great And you know what I love about See Me is there's also tons and tons and tons of horse property out there. My wife is a horseback rider. But seem has great people. It's beautiful out there, and you know you're close to you know the other parts of Ventura County, Thousand Oaks, Oxnard, Camerio. It's a really good corridor out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I agree. Like I said, I've been here for forty nine years and I moved from West LA, and I really I wasn't happy at first because it was small town. But now it's it's We've got a lot of shopping and everything now, so it's cool.
Speaker 2: Well, i'd love to hear that. Thanks for the pitch for seeing Me. Thanks so much for the call. Appreciate it. Let's go to page in San Clementy page. Hello, Hi Randie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going to pitch San Clemente. If you want that hometown seal, this is where you gotta go. We have a beautiful walking trail. My husband and I walk five point five miles every day. You can walk into town. There are wonderful restaurants. We even have our own distillery. There's great shopping if you want to raise your children. Boy, we've got some of the best schools ever. My kids all went to the local Countain school.
Speaker 4: We also border on we.
Speaker 6: Can't Pendleton Marine Base, and so there's always a lot of activity there. They have lots of braids. We have our own battalion that we celebrate. It's just amazing. There is a saying, Randy, there's no bad day in San Clementy. If you're driving sound on the five and you passed Stanta points to temperature drops always about ten degrees, so it's always nice, full, ten breezy, and the peer can boast some of the most excluded suns that you'll ever want to see.
Speaker 2: Fantastics every time I have driven through San clement and I'm like, wow, this is such a beautiful, gorgeous area. Definitely something to consider. Thanks so much for the call, page, appreciate it. When you go to a place like that. Not only is the temperature drop, I bet your blood pressure drops as well. We're gonna take more of your phone calls. I'm a free agent. I want out of the city of la Where should I move to. I'm sure you live somewhere that's better than this horrible city that I live in. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. Give us a call. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk radio seven to ninety KABC. I came to a realization yesterday listening to that mayoral debate between Nithia Rahman and Karen Bass. This city's not getting any better anytime soon. So the only thing that I can do, since I can't vote for anybody with common sense, is to vote with my feet and get out of the city of Los Angeles. I am declaring myself a free agent, Lebronda style, and I want to know where you think I should take my talents to. What city should Randy Wang move to in southern California. I'm looking for good weather, walkability, maybe some a nice little shopping center, or some good restaurants, what have you. I am open to ideas, as I really am thinking about in the next year moving out of the city of Los Angeles. Give me a call, tell me what you think. Eight hundred two two two five two two two one. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. You got a part of southern California that you think is a hidden gem that I should consider me.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred two two two five two two two. Let's go to Bob in Culver City.
Speaker 8: Bob, Hello, Hi, I have a perfect place for you. But the big question is can you afford to live in this area?
Speaker 2: Probably not. I work in radio, Bob, so probably not.
Speaker 8: Well, you'd have to afford to live in Ladera Heights about a one and a half million, and the houses are renting for about six to seven thousand a month. And it's absolutely perfect. It's ten minutes south of Culver City. It takes ten minutes to get to Lax, it takes ten minutes to get to the Marina del Rey. We have a highway patrol on the southwest corner, and we have the sheriff and they're terrific. It's a wonderful place. I walk every day and there must be half the residents now are young people.
Speaker 2: Well, I love to hear that. That checks all the boxes for me. Heck, I could probably walk to the radio station from there. Ladera Heights. I'm gonna have to check it out and see if that is in within my price range, or my theoretical price range. Thanks so much for the call, Bob appreciated. I mean, you know, we'll see. I'm definitely at a point where it's like I could be spending more on you know, rent or a mortgage than I am now. I wouldn't like to do that, but might be a necessary evil. Quality of life may make that worth it. Just means I have to cut down on the tequila a little bit. Let's go to David in Long Beach.
Speaker 3: David, Hello, good, good, thank you. Listen. I presently am living where there's ocean water running right up against my building. Here. I'm on Naples Island and Long Beach, which I'm not saying this is the best for what you're trying to accomplish, but I'm approaching ninety, which is where I've lived in all these places. And I started at age fifteen with my own boat, unusual, and we lived in Newport Beach on Balboa Island. Weatherwise, that's fantastic pretty much all year round. I think the pricing would probably kill you there now. The one that I'm thinking of are all the ones you mentioned, and I've also been there is the city of Ventura has more cool weather than Long Beach is actually pretty hot, with the exception of right here on the water. You walk less than a mile inland just to the Coast Highway here and it goes up twenty degrees because I know, I walked to Trader Joe's and it's twenty degrees higher than less than a mile to my house. So Ventura Ventura has the weather that's more like northern or central California. And what I don't know about Venturer is the price of housing. But it does have a reasonable good walking area by the mission there and everything. And again the ocean part of it is colder. The water temperature there is actually colder than around Long Beach. So I would like that one if I were picking it economically, because I think you might be able to get in there. The other thing is you've got somebody who used to work at the radio station named Mark Germain. I was friends with his parents. They had moved to the Venturer area and lived there, probably for the rest of the latter part of their lives. If you know Mark, you might give him a call and he could probably tell you what was good or But he's a pretty opinionated guy, so they'll give it to you straight.
Speaker 2: Well, those are some great suggestions. I've thought a lot about ventur I'm actually going to go hang out there this weekend. The weather is definitely much better, you know, and that at this point it used to not bother me as much because I've got air conditioning, but I like to be outdoors in it. I'm gonna tell you know. Today it was eight am and it was too hot to be walking outside where I'm like, I can't even bring the dogs. This is miserable, And like, for as much as I'm paying to be in LA, I could be paying less and have better weather in a place like Ventura. So that that that's one test.
Speaker 3: See sure Ventura they have they have railroad up there, multiple trains a day into LA with stops in the valley and see me and everything else, So that's available to you.
Speaker 2: I would like that, I'm telling you I would if I lived in a place where I could figure out a way to commute that doesn't involve driving, I would figure that out because I've had enough of driving on these freeways. Thanks so much for the call, David, appreciate it. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number. I have had it with living and paying taxes in the city of Los Angeles. I feel like I get nothing for how much I pay, and because I live in the valley, it's hot, there's nothing fun to do, and I'm thank of it. So if you have a suggestion as to where I should try to look into moving in the next year or so, any part of southern California within reason eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two. Let's go to Patricia Patricia. Hello, Patricia, Patricia going once, Patricia going twice, call us back.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It is uh. I've had this gripe before, but every time it happens, I just have to say it out loud. It is twenty twenty six. There is ai technology that does so many incredible things. We're sending unman rockets to the moon every single day. We are in the age of information, We're in the age of the future, and so all phone quality has never been more unreliable. What is going on with that? It is just something to think about now. I've been getting a lot of message on social media and at my email at Randy Wang Radio at gmail dot com on this topic as well, and Andrea writes in listening to your show right now, sounds like you want to move to Long Beach. Best foodie city in a California, Most dog friendly city in California. Well, DEM's fighting words. Because Carmel by the Sea, we'll say they're the most dog friendly city. Let's say the most dog friendly city in southern California. Most walkable and bikeable, amazing weather, no inland valley heat were perfectly accessible to Orange County and the city of la with access to every freeway. We have the best parks, and we are super fun. I'm going to say this right now. Every time we have gone down to do a live event at Gladstones in Long Beach with my buddy John sayingmeister, I look around and I'm like, boy, this is a super super fun place. In fact, one of the days we did one of those remotes, I got in very early and just did like a walk around the harbor and the marina there. You know what it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: I went there for the Grand Prix, and because of the Grand Prix, you couldn't just get to where Gladstones is because that's where the Grand Prix is going on, so I had to go all the way around, and I decided because I had time to take the scenic route and like walked around the harbor and saw the Queen Mary and like, this would be kind of an awesome view every single day. And of course, you know you have good dining. Gladstone's is out there, there's tons of great restaurants. I remember going to the Pike many years ago with a friend of mine and just having so much fun. Yeah, and you know, Long Beach does have its problems, as every city does, but yeah, Long Beach would be really cool. And what would be cool about Long Beach or anywhere around that area is one of the few nice things about living where I live in the Valley is we have Burbank Airport, and Burbank Airport is great for those short haul trips, but Long Beach has Long Beach Airport. I'd be open to that. That's definitely a possibility. So yeah, definitely another place that I am considering. And in fact, we have a remote in Long Beach at Gladstone's on October ninth, and I may just have to hang out for a while and just picture what life could be like. Now downtown Long Beach probably out of my price range. So subscribe to our YouTube channel so someday I can afford all of these places at Johnny don't like dot com. That's Johnny with a Y. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two I am looking to and I'm not even This isn't just like some topic. This is something I think about every single day. I do not want to live in the city of Los Angeles anymore. And politics is part of it, but part of it is just there is too much traffic, it is too spread out, and there's really not a lot of fun stuff to do where I live in the valley. So I want to be somewhere it's a little more fun, that's a little more walkable, maybe has a little better weather, and just a better quality of life. As I'm sure so many people listening right now have a better quality of life than I do. So tell me where I should go. Eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two will take more of your calls. You can also email me at Randy Wang Radio at gmail dot com. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk radio seven ninety KABC. We're taking your phone calls at eight hundred two two two five two two two one. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. I am seriously considering in the next year getting out of the city of Los Angeles moving somewhere else in southern California because the quality of life in LA is so much worse than so many other places, and for a lot of it is just as expensive. So I'm taking suggestions. Where do you think I should move to. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. Let's start with Tom and San Clementy. Tom. Hello, yeah, hey, Randy.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you can work remote, but if you can, come on down to Sant Clementy. The ocean is beautiful, there's trails all over the place, and uh restaurants too. I think you'd really like it.
Speaker 2: I've driven through many times and need to spend more time there for sure, and the plan is eventually to work remotely. I'll tell you that very much. That is definitely a possibility. Tom. Thank you so much for the call. Appreciate it. Oh, being in South Orange County would be so great. Let's go to Mary and your Belinda. Mary.
Speaker 9: Hello, hey Randy. How about North Orange County. Lots of small cities. Downtown Orange has got the Circle of Orange with a lot of restaurants. Downtown Fullerton is always happening. Bria Mall is actually getting changed to that outdoor mall you were talking about. And they've got restaurants, lots of hiking, and your Belinda and Bray even has a little Redwood Force to visit.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, there's lots of options, you know. I've been through some of those areas. I have my brother lives in Irvine, he loves Orange County. I have a friend that lives in Fullerton. There is such a better quality of life in Orange County. If the commute thing would would irk me, but you know what, for so many people, I bet it's totally worth it. Plus, my commute is only fourteen miles and it's awful. It might be better you know down there. Think so much for the call, Mary, appreciate it. Let's go to Tony and Irvine.
Speaker 10: Tony, Hello, Hey, Tony Barbarina, how are you buddy and great, got it?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 5: Well listen.
Speaker 10: First of all, I love your show. I love you, have been listening a long time. I'm a real city'san nervine. I got to tell you I live here for thirty years. Well run, well planned, clean, manicured. The tops are bored and well funded. And you know, crime here is like it's it's you have to find it. So if you're looking for a place where you feel you can relax and you're getting, you know, something expensive, but you're also going to sell it in the future for a lot of money, and you want to have clean, comfortable, organized, well run city, you really got to dig into Irvia, California. Everyone I helped buy a house here is just so happy, especially when they sell later. Oh.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree with you more. My brother lives in Irvine. I go down to the Spectrum a few times a year. It's it's so much fun to other It's so clean down there, and you're right, it is the safest city in America for a reason. And you're still close to the beach. You know, Newport's right down the road. It's Irvine is great.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 10: Some people complain about how it's expensive, to be here. But you know what, you know, people who works hard and make a lot of money, they also have a right to list someplace nice too. It's okay to help them poor people. I do with my money and charity and help. But when you work hard, risk invest and you've got a family, you should have places you could purchase more expensive things and get the benefit of the fruits of your labor. And there are some somewhat affordable areas, but overall, if you're making any decent money or greater, it's a nice place to live and you're buying you know, more rich to the right, not as richual over to the left nearby, And there's a lot of choices. It's for everyone, but it's not for everyone. And that's true like Newport Beach and the most expensive areas too. Right, there's a different class that could be there. And when you're making money to buy a ten million dollar house, you got that. The rest of us we've got a irvine. I would encourage anybody to really look out of yourself, like in person, and just drive around with coffee and you'll drive away going, my god, it's so it's just so nice. Lots of parking, very organized. I highly recommend it. Not the only place in the world to live, but definitely should be into consideration.
Speaker 2: It definitely is. And I love that advice too. It's something that I want to just do more, is just start driving around and start picturing myself in different places and you know, could I live here? Go you know, instead of typical Saturday just going with the wife and the dogs to the usual places we go to, Let's go down to one of these cities. Let's see what would be like. See if it really, you know, is a big change. I love that idea, and Irvine definitely on the list. Thank you so much for the call. Appreciate it. Irvine is great when I drive down there. Getting there is a lot from especially the San Fernando Valley, But once you're there, why would you ever want to leave? And that's true for so much of Orange County. Maybe we just moved the radio station to Orange County and then everybody can move down there. You know, come on, there's got to be some wealthy real estate magnate in Huntington Beach that wants to buy the radio station. Relocate everybody down to HB. HB would be great too. I also got a ton of emails here. I really appreciate this. It's great, Ed writes in Randy. I would go for Ventura because of the temperature. Great restaurants, homes don't have air conditioners. I still want an ac and you'll be close to wine Country and solving. That is true. My son and daughter in law lived there, my granddaughter lived there. Housing a little expensive but worth it. You know, my wife and I do frequent Santa Barbara Wine Country, which is two hours from where we are now. But if we lived in like the Ventura area, that's like one hour away, which means we'd be going to wine Country a lot. If Santa Barbara's like a half hour away, that would be pretty darn cool. Also, you know, last weekend we went to go hang out in Westlake Village, which it's gorgeous there, you know, right on the tip of Thousand Oaks. I really like that Losa Gaves in that big shopping center. We also went to the figure Out Mountain Brewing Company, which that's the most southern location that they have, but they're big, like in Los of Libos, what have you. That is a great brewery. I was sitting around there, I was having their hazy IPM like we should do a live event here. Maybe we figure that out someday. But love that area as well. And every time I go somewhere that's not the city of La I'm like, Wow, it's so nice. Like there is this beauty and splendor that is southern California that I don't feel every day. I do not feel it being in the middle of the same Fernando Valley. I don't feel the quality of life that I know so many people have and it's why they pay to be here. So I think we're going to figure something out here. But thank you all so much for all of the emails. Michael writes in I'm thinking Pismo Beach, Grover Beach, or Oceano homes are half the price. Someone called it and only said Cambria. I really have to check out Cambria. We did a show a long time ago which is like hidden Gem places to go on road trips, and someone mentioned I need to get out there. Do like a trip to slow Maybe go to Heymbria, check out some of that more central coast area. There's a whole This state is massive and there is so much to see, and I have seen so little of it, and I want to do more about that too. We're already talking about some road trips that we want to take next year, maybe go around to Tahoe and North State. And you know, as I was drinking a Sierra Nevada hazy little thing ipa and like, you know, I want to go check out Chico, just see what it's like where the big Sierra Nevada brewery is. That would be kind of cool. I think that there there's a better way to live, and a whole bunch of you listening have already figured this out way ahead of me. CRP writs in Oxnard, what a strange name. Maybe the houses are cheaper thanks to the weird name. I think it's named after somebody. The weather will be cooler on average than the La Basin. Yeah, that's why we're thinking of going there this weekend, you know. And I'm on constantly on Zillo, usually looking up places in Santa Fe. But I am always looking at like, yea, what would that cost? You know? And what we're living in right now is fairly affordable, but maybe it's worth it to pay a little more to have a little better quality of life. The commute thing I'm gonna have to figure that out. But you know, maybe this radio station gets a little more successful and then Randy Wang can work remotely full time and then we don't have to worry about that one. Hey, have a wonderful, wonderful weekend, everybody. It's going to be a jillion degrees, So go somewhere that's not stinking hot. Make sure to check out our YouTube channel, Johnny Don't Like dot Com That's Johnny with a Y for the Accountability Podcast and on demand segments of The John Phillips Show and the live show. From noon to three, it's The News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk Radio seven nine b KABC