Speaker 1: He's fair most of that time. He's biased back at John LUNNDD fair and biased only on the Sports Leader.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for hanging out with us today and all week long. Before we jump out to the patio with Deep Pop and with John Diggotson, just real quick, I want to thank everybody for the week. I'm want to be one hundred percent transparent and true. When I walked in here on Monday, I'm like, I don't know what the hell this is gonna be. I don't know how people are gonna receive me, the show, everything that's been going on. But you've been absolutely amazing. It's been a ton of fun this week. I think they're gonna have me back next week. That'd be great.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is a week to week progress now. I'm just kidding. We're gonna be back for a long time. But Tim is amazing. I've known Tim for a long time. It made it a lot easier to come back. It is so much fun. I know the circumstances a little bit strange, but I've just had a great time with you this week.
Speaker 3: It's been absolutely awesome.
Speaker 2: I appreciate everybody being really really cool and We're just gonna have more and more fun as everything gets going on.
Speaker 3: So thank you, thank you, thank you. I can't thank you enough.
Speaker 2: The Golden State Lumber and Showroom text line A bunch of people showing.
Speaker 3: A lot of love out there.
Speaker 2: Last one from the nine two five Appreciate Amanda in Concord, love having John back, middays are great again, and love hearing Tim with regularity. You two are awesome together. So uh, you don't just have to show with love, you can shows hate as well. But I really appreciate that that has been kind of the prevailing opinion this week. And we've had a lot of fun and we'll just get better and better and better. But I appreciate you taking me into your warm, warm embrace this week. It has been absolutely great and I am very appreciative.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: Having said those things, Hello, boys, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Would you say your week to week like Nick Bosa and his niece and Ninus John?
Speaker 2: Yes, And I'm probably a better bet to be back sooner than him, no, I.
Speaker 5: Would think, so yeah. So yeah, Tim's talking on the show. I really love that. You need to get him doing more trivia on your show too, you know. He hosts Trivia at the Bitter End here to Cisco.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Coach told me about that. You guys are doing a bit with.
Speaker 5: Him, right, we were until we were told not to.
Speaker 3: Why what happened?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 5: Bordops talking on the air.
Speaker 4: Everybody loves talking to Tim. Just don't do too much. Geez. You're like do it.
Speaker 3: Then you're like, yeah, we got banned for doing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: But you're telling me to do banded things. That's all right, that's not so big.
Speaker 5: Do well. They'll I mean, you're new, so though, they'll definitely give you more of a grace period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. I haven't been called new in a long time. I like this whole new thing, very young, new, vibrant.
Speaker 5: Have you finally figured out all your HR stuff and the oh.
Speaker 2: My god stuff? Yeah, it was unbelievable, just one guy. I got to give it up to Josh Shephard. Like a million people are like, try this, try this, try this, try this, And he took like two seconds. He's like the Michael Jordan and it was like I was in. But then the problem was when I popped in, it goes you have nineteen things to do and that was like, you've got to be.
Speaker 3: Kidding me, and so I yeah, it was great.
Speaker 4: Those are the days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was awesome. I did readid the paperwork. I will not sexually harass. I will not you know, I'm all good. Everything's good.
Speaker 6: Wait until they start to send you the phishing emails again.
Speaker 5: Now, maybe I'm just dumb, but those you and they do they test you and then if you open it then you have to take the course again. Right, But they're pretty convincing. What didn't you say?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it'll be like it'll be like an email from like your boss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it'll be like.
Speaker 5: My dot holder and he's like I need to talk to you. Well okay them and you click on it, they're.
Speaker 6: Like, ah, more trading.
Speaker 5: And then you're like, oh and Mike, see Mike Holder's official email is Michael dot Holder. That's how we caught you.
Speaker 2: You know. What they do too, is and then through technology used to be able to just skip to the to the back of it, because the thing is like, come on, like a third grader, a drunk third grader could answer these questions.
Speaker 3: But not that I was ever a drunk third grader.
Speaker 2: But you know, but but then you can't go past them anymore. Like you try to go past the video and it's like no, no, no, no, no, no, you have to watch the whole thing. No no, man, it was terrible. Yeah, so you're sitting there for thirty minutes. What if Bob did this too? And I'm like, oh god, you know.
Speaker 5: I just host a radio show.
Speaker 2: Damn it, I'm gonna harass anybody. The only people are gonna we're gonna have ask each other. Plus, by the way, you guys are down there, but this is like, this is like nobody's here on Friday. There is like d goes down on Friday round like nobody who's got it better than us?
Speaker 3: Nobody.
Speaker 5: There's no corporate America on Fridays. Now, nobody shows up to work.
Speaker 3: There's like no one in this building.
Speaker 2: Me and Tim are sitting there going this is actually pretty cool, you know, like Danny's gonna come in for you guys and be like he's gonna be man, he could have a party in here.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 5: Oh he will.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Really starts about Wednesday at about four o'clock.
Speaker 2: It's like, all right, what are you what are you boys doing down there? Already busting out bloodies or I p A's or well, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Oh that'll that'll come a time when the actual fifty eight social opens up at four o'clock. But now we'll be talking Niners and we're previewing this great matchup John Rocky's and Giants tonight house.
Speaker 6: We're not we're not doing that. We're not doing that. If we're doing that, I'm going home like that's that. We are not We're not doing that.
Speaker 3: It looks like more solo radio coming up next, y you and.
Speaker 5: A solo for four hours.
Speaker 6: Come join me in Walnut Creek to fifty Yeah, we did that earlier this week.
Speaker 3: It was nice. It was very very nice.
Speaker 6: All right, Jaron, we'll be talking Giants and rock Yes, Jd'll be holding corn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, And.
Speaker 3: I know where JD goes. So it's nice. It's a good time had by all.
Speaker 2: All right, boys, have a great time this afternoon, and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 5: Sounds good, man, all right, we'll talk to.
Speaker 3: Those boys on Monday.
Speaker 2: Hey, go out there, man, beautiful day, beautiful bar, you know, beautiful ball park. I was saying earlier this week Wednesday, we just had a great time out there. So check it out. Yeah, the ball is the Rockies and the Giants. But I'll tell you, man, it is a great time at the old Yard.
Speaker 3: So hang out with the boys.
Speaker 2: Like I said before, now I know we got a run because we're already running into their show.
Speaker 3: But Tim, thank you, thank you, thank you man.
Speaker 2: You're one of my best and it was awesome working with you and everybody else. Thank you for the great welcome this week. It has been absolutely great. We'll continue on Fair and Bias Radio ten to two weekdays only here on the Sports Leader. Dirty work is next, Okay, the fun So.
Speaker 5: They've done the dirty work of the radio business. Anybody messes this thing up to me tonight, it's true engineering for it, operating and producing.
Speaker 3: Not only are you fired, your life is over.
Speaker 5: And now they have the microphone.
Speaker 6: What could go wrong?
Speaker 5: Nobody messes up, understand me. Don't mess up. Adam Copeland, you wanted some sort of like hard hitting Bob Lee journalism.
Speaker 3: He came to the wrong place.
Speaker 5: Derek Papa, Oh boy, okay, Feeling it's it's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it. Ridiculous, completely ridiculous. Welcome to Dirty Work.
Speaker 4: K and B R one O four, five and six eighty the Sports Leader.
Speaker 5: Oh how's it going? Dirty? Work Live from the patio fifty eight social Rockies and Giants tonight. But I don't want Jad to leave me too soon, so we'll be talking forty nine Ers football preseason Action Football is back. We'll be joined today by Marcus Thompson at three fifty, Richard Really at four fifty, and Larry Krueger to break down some tape at five thirty. But I'm always always delighted to be joined by my old friend. You can hear him on dubzot and forty Nineers pre im post Big Game Bound Boots on the Ground, John Dickinson, it's going on, man, it's.
Speaker 6: Going on, Derek. Always good to be with you, Always fun to be out here on the patio. And it is Landing Roupe and Kyle Freeland tonight. Oh yeah, seven fifteen. I will mention that, but that's pretty much where it starts and stops as it relates to the Giants and Rockies big series. This series this weekend will determine the season series between these two. I think it's five to five, yes, with three games to go here, so can they get a sweep. Is this a series where they can sweep? Can they just win the season series as the Rockies? Baby steps, baby steps, because they've lost to a three series to the Rockies, both of the series at at Corsfield about a month ago. They took three out of four here against the Rockies. So look, I got the breakdown, even though we're not going to delve too much it here. And some big news around here though today that I do think we should acknowledge, which is incredibly cool. And that's the news about the twenty twenty eight MLB All Star Game, which is going to be back here at Oracle Park and what will be the first time in a shorter period of time than it usually takes to get an All Star Game back twenty one years between two thousand and seven and twenty twenty eight, when the Midsummer Classic is right back here.
Speaker 5: I remember well, I attended it with my father, my little brother, and Ichiro Suzuki was MVP inside the park home run and I want to say Vladimir Guerrero won the home run derby the night before.
Speaker 4: He was an underwhelming home run derby. Yeah it was if I.
Speaker 5: Remember when he saw Prince Fielder I don't think he had one home run.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everybody was thinking about all the lefty bats, the lefty bats, McCovey, cove and everybody got a taste of how difficult it is as a left handed hit to actually pump him out of here, unless you're going right down the line and up onto the arcade and in the bay that way. And so it was the right handed hitters, if memory serves. And I didn't cover the home run derby. I actually did cover the All Star Game itself, so I was here at third and King back then. I think it was July to tenth, if memory serves, of two thousand and seven, And yeah, it was a spectacular night and it showed off this this beautiful ballpark, which hard to believe how long this place has been here now twenty twenty six and opening in two thousand and it was in its infancy.
Speaker 4: Go back to seven.
Speaker 6: That was Bruce Bochie's first year as the Giants manager. It was Barry bonds last year playing in the major leagues and with the Giants, and Tim Linsecam had just come up a couple of months prior to that All Star Game. So time flies, my goodness. But because of the Olympics in LA and the prospect of major league players being able to play potentially in the Olympics.
Speaker 4: They wanted the All.
Speaker 6: Star Game not to beat in LA, but be close enough to LA as they try to sort through the scheduling there. So put the Giants back toward the front of the line, maybe a little bit sooner than you usually would be in the rotation, and the All Star Games coming back, very very cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's good to have it back. And we'll see if Bryce Aldridge could be in the home run derby. That's a conversation for twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 4: He'd be in the game.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah that too, twenty twelve, see when the Giants are raut in two years. But let's look about another up and coming maybe potential star. We'll see for the forty nine ers. I mean, just before we get to that Dejeun stribling. Great performance last night, But what do I feel like going back to Levi's yesterday JD and watching.
Speaker 4: Some ball it was pre season. He yeah, I'm not gonnallow with ease.
Speaker 6: It's a tease joking with the guys that Todd Husach and Cope's last night on the postgame hit on the show, and I said to him, at what point did you I think I used the term what point did your eyes glaze over? Because it happens for everybody. Yeah, you're so excited. I know you're watching the game at home. You're so excited for football to be back. And there were a handful of games on that that first night of preseason last night, all across the league, and the Niners obviously here locally highlighting everything. But you get excited because football's back, those first couple of days of training camp, and then you're like, all right, all right, when did the real game start? And then you get excited when the actual games start because it it even if it is a glorified scrimmage and none of it matters, and it's hard to extrapolate what does matter and all of that.
Speaker 4: It's football.
Speaker 6: But there comes a point in that first game where you just kind of glaze over and it's like, oh, yeah, this is preseason football for me. It happened when Curtis Rourke had to come out of the game with the rib but yeah, he was impressive, and yeah, Dejon Stribbling was extremely impressive.
Speaker 4: So I got about a quarter in before.
Speaker 6: It was you know, trying to trying to keep yourself, you know, tape your eyes, tape your eyes open.
Speaker 5: Would say. For me, it was the second half. But I was watching intently, you know me growing up with my pops, I watched the ins and out of a broadcast. I want to see every little detail. But I was watching intently because we had our guy, you know, literally, Guy Haberman on with us the other day saying that he was gonna drop a little nugget that we told him. Are you aware of the mascot? The Tennessee Titans have JD Iraq a raccoon. Wait, t what t Rack? Not t Rock? No, not not t Rock, t Rack. The rack stands or stands for raccoon. So they were gonna have a side by side with Tim Ryan and you know, t Rock and t Rack, and unfortunately never got to on the broadcast last night. So I text a guy, I was very disappointed.
Speaker 4: Is that a real thing? I'm trying to Oh, it is a real thing.
Speaker 5: Oh t Rack he got a makeover too when they were supposed to do on the broadcast last night and they didn't get to it.
Speaker 4: There he is Iraq and t Rock.
Speaker 5: So I was most disappointed in that. I was also a little disappointed. You and I are both bald men. I'm watching the post game, NZU. Neil has hair, Now, what's the deal with that.
Speaker 4: Well, I think he's always had hair.
Speaker 6: I don't know about it. Even if you and I have hair, well, yeah we do. We could, we could grow it out. It's not necessarily gonna be pretty.
Speaker 4: But I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been advised not.
Speaker 4: To do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I went preemptive strike about fifteen years ago.
Speaker 4: All right, not not happening. We'll just we'll just own the look.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Lorenzo and Neil must have got close with Dion's guy. He's got hair now Lebron's guy or Lebron's guy too. So those are my disappoint the biggest disappointments of last night. But we'll talk about what went down last night at Levi's forty nine Ers lose the game, but that is a matter. It's all about Dejean Stribbling, it's all about Grayson Holton, it's all about Jaden Duggar. It's about the rookies that were showcased last night. So we'll talk about that. And I want to hear from you guys four one five eight oh way five six two seven four and five eight oway kmb are Let's know what you thought last night. Are you feeling more confident in the receiving cores after what you saw from Dejean stribbling? It's dirty work. John Dickinson Derek Papa on The Sports.
Speaker 1: Leader, Let's get back to dirty work with Copes and d Pop live from fifty eight Social at Oracle Park before Tonight's Giants game on be sports Leader.
Speaker 2: Third and five, Malik Turner out to the left, Watkins slot left, shribbling out to the right or looking right and looking down field for.
Speaker 4: Stribling, turns it just and brings it in on the right sideline. What a catch.
Speaker 5: That is a catch all.
Speaker 4: The way to the thirty one yard line at Tennessee. That was pretty.
Speaker 5: Dejan shribbling was the story of the game last night. Dirty Work at the patio of fifty eight Social. Derek Papa, No out of Copeland today or Monday. John Dickinson with me for the next two shows. Reacting to last night with the forty nine ers in their first game action of the season, outcome doesn't matter. Whatever they lost to the Tennessee Titans. But in the end, Dejean Shribbling with a fantastic performance in my opinion, seven catches for sixty three yards. Just heard the highlight of him along the sideline and go him against Flout one of the better corners. Tennessee went out and got him in the offseason, coming from the Giants, and of course a lot was made of him being selected in the second round the forty nine ers wanting to pass on two selections in the first round, going from twenty seven, then trading down once again getting to Jean Shribbling in the second round. A lot came out afterwards, Adam Schefter saying a lot of teams wanted him. The Rams were interested, the Colts are interested, And honestly, JD watched him last night. He reminded me of Juwan Jennings. At times he reminded me of Deebo Samuel. And you know, when they lost Ricky Pearsall, I wondered where this wide receiving corps was going to go. They got Deebo Samuel back, but if he's there, I honestly like they need more youth when it comes to the receiving corps. I liked what I saw last night.
Speaker 6: I did too, and I saw a little Michael Crabtree yeah in there as well, the old number number fifteen for the forty nine ers before Juwan Jennings, and look, they need him.
Speaker 4: That that's the number one thing.
Speaker 6: And when you're talking leading up to the game as to what are you looking for and what do you hope to see, really, with all of the guys that we knew weren't going to be playing for the forty nine ers among the headliners, it became very quickly you want to see Dejon stribbling because he has, in the practices in which he's been healthy, flashed and you want to see if that could translate to game action, and it absolutely did. So it's rare that the one guy you're the most excited to see actually delivers in a manner that backs up in many ways your wildest expectations for the type of player that he could be. But I think given the nature of where that position group stands right now, with Mike Evans, great but a little bit older and already kind of banged up at practice in the early blocks here, with Deebo Samuel needing to be reacquired, because of Ricky Pearsall going down for the year and still Jordan Watkins and Jacob Cowing either being banged up or underwhelming. You're kind of wondering how you piece together and Christian kirknot in the mix right now, how you piece together a wide receiver group, And really, Stribbling's ability to be a contributor immediately has gone from I think a luxury to a necessity. So you want to see him show a path toward being able to be an impactful player immediately, and I think we saw that path start last night.
Speaker 4: Oh we did.
Speaker 5: From the jump. The first play from scrimmage, he catches a pass, you know, a six yard out. I mean, obviously the play along the sideline was beautiful against flout. Also the play on third and six where he bounces off a defender. You thought maybe he stepped the bounds there.
Speaker 6: But truck the dude, Yeah, truck trucked him and got the yards he needed to pick up the first down.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, he looks big and physical, and that's what you need when you're playing for Kyle Shanahan. He wants guys. The slogan always is no block, no rocks, So he's gonna do that. He's gonna mess with DB's out there. You know, when they drafted him, I was like, I don't know who this guy is, honestly, but then I remembered, okay, old miss the playoff game, he had a big performance. I want to say, yeah against Georgia. He was unbelievable in that. Also Miami the next week, So yeah, I mean a lot was made of his selection did they reach Honestly, if he just fits in Kyle Shanahan's scheme, he'll be all right. If he just fits the Juwan Jennings role, or as you said, Michael Krabtree, there's moments like last night he dropped a pass over the middle on third down, he got tackled in the backfield on a jet sweep, So you know they'll be growing pains. I don't want to say he's going to be this great wide receiver, but if he can fill the void of Ricky Piersoll where I know people are down on Ricky Piersol. They don't know what he's going to be. Obviously a lot of injuries, but I thought he brought something different to the offense, a younger wide receiver that get off man coverage, so he's not gonna be here, all right, who's the guy that could step up? That's a younger player, Like, can't just have Mike Evans at thirty years old or Deebo Samuel at thirty years old, or Christian Kirk at thirty years old. You need a younger, physical wide receiver. And he brought that last night.
Speaker 6: Well, they don't have a two unless Stribbling is going to be the two. You want Deebo to be jack of all trades and doing a lot of different things within the offense. You don't want Diebo to be your number two wide receiver, right, You don't want that. You want somebody that steps in and is your two. And I think Ricky Piersoll, if everything had gone perfectly with the health, would have probably been that guy. I think Christian Kirk, if everything was on point with his health, he'd probably be the three. And it would take some of the pressure off of Scribbling early to where it's not as if he has to come in and make an impact. You mentioned the drop, but it was a bad drop, but he was targeted eight times and had seven catches, And yeah, maybe the jet sweep action isn't exactly gonna be his forte.
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 6: And you're trying things out to see how it looks, and maybe you're putting something on tape that somebody's gonna see later and think about and you're not really intending on doing that, or you're just again testing out to see if it can work. So time will tell on all of that. But he made some tough catches. You know, the separation maybe wasn't there at the level that you would think at least coming in. But what I don't even really care about that he got the ball in some tight windows. He took it away from the defender that the strong hands, oh yeah, And he showed a little something to him. He showed he's got a little ish to him to knock a dude away and pick up the yardage necessary. And I also think, you know, playing with Curtis Rourke is and he looked good last night by the way, before the ribs, So you give him a nod. But I think we're not fully going to see the yak ability and tell stribblings out there with everybody. And the timing of the offense is such to where balls are hit in stride to him and he has the ability to take off with them, because I think that's something that's sort of another element of this thing that we really didn't get a chance to see last night.
Speaker 5: Let's hear from the young wide receiver. Here's a Sean Strimbling last night talking about that play he made along the sideline.
Speaker 7: Take us that toad tapping catch at the sidelines put around.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just having a little sideline awareness as seeing where I'm at and just trying to turn back inside to get the extra and just do what I can.
Speaker 4: Did you know you were in bound the whole time?
Speaker 5: I feel like I was.
Speaker 4: I mean, that was my intention. So I'm glad the call was baw.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think he just we'll see about the speed. I think last night he just showed his physicality and yeah, I was impressed. Now let's see what happens here. Like they're gonna carry six wide receivers, and if anything, what I came in with last night is okay, Jacob Cowing, I don't think he's making this this football team in the end, because right now you have to say, obviously it's gonna be Mike Evans, Deebo, Samuel de Jean, Stribbling, we'll see. I mean, Christian Kirk, they picked up what one year, twelve million, so it could be where he's you know, a guy that adds to their depth as far as wide receivers. DeMarcus Robinson also, and I like what I saw in Jordan Watkins last night. Six catches for fifty nine yards, so they got options as far as wide receiver. We'll see if he's out there week one, because usually Kyle's hard on wide receivers. We saw it in the past with all the guys they selected, Danny Gray or Ronnie Bell, guys that didn't pan out, Deebo Samuel and Brendan Ayuk, you know, being impact, impactful players in their rookie years. But I'm anticipating de Zoon Shrible is going to be that guy this year.
Speaker 6: Stribbling needs to be out there, like I don't think it's at least it shouldn't be a question of is he going to be out there week one? Like he needs to be out there week one. Now Watkins may not be, and you know for Cowing and others. I mean it's the old adage you can't make the club sitting in the tub, right and you know if unfortunately the cowing has been unavailable too frequently here in his time in the NFL, and so yeah, I think Watkins clearly ahead of him at this point. DeMarcus Robinson's had a nice training camp to this point, but I think you know what DeMarcus Robinson is in the NFL. Maybe he went from somebody that was fringe is he going to make the team or not to feeling pretty firmly he's going to make the team at this point, especially with Christian Kirk banged up, and you just need guys that have the ability to be trusted on an NFL field, and Robinson I think you would trust at that level as you would Rus Mike Evans, as you addrust Deebo Samuel in his role, and Christian Kirk if Christian Kirk can get himself healthy. But all of those guys are big time veteran players. You need some infusion of youth. And again, not somebody that steps in as the four or the five, but somebody that can step in really is the two at this point because in a perfect world, you'd rather, I think, have DeMarcus Robinson be a three. You'd rather have Deebo be more of a three to four somebody that's going to take some snaps away from Christian McCaffrey in the backfield a little bit. And so I think Stribling's ability to prove that he belongs, and look, it is one preseason game, yep, but his ability to prove he belongs, I think is going to be important toward determining just what the ceiling for this forty nine Ers team actually can be at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 5: Four one five eight oh way five six two seven four one five eight away camb. I want to hear from you, guys, forty nine er fans. Were you down on the receiving corps before last night? To dejeon sdrimbling kind of change your outlook as far as this season, it's dirty work. Adam Copeland off today, John dicketson Derek Papa. I think we got the stream going. So if you missed us in the first segment on the YouTube chat, I think we're up there now. It's dirty work live for fifty eight Social, taking your calls all day long on The Sports.
Speaker 1: Leader Live from fifty eight Social at Oracle Park. This is dirty work with cokes and d pop on The Sports.
Speaker 5: Leader we're back on these Sports Leader Derek Papa John Dickinson reacting to the forty nine ers first game action of the twenty twenty sixth season. Dejeun stribbling his seven catches for sixty three yards stands out. Give us a call today, four one, five, eighth, way five six, two seven. If you want to talk about last night's performance, Jady, we could bounce around to different guys that stood out, But besides dejan Stribbling, what stood out to you last night?
Speaker 4: Rourke?
Speaker 6: Curtis Rourke. I mean before he went out with the rib injury. You look at his line, I mean really comfortable in a twelve or fourteen after the red shirt year, essentially last year where he was coming off of the knee injury, and I think they activated his practice window the final three, not the final three, but late in the year for three weeks and then decided not to put him on the active roster. So I thought, I thought he looked good in the times that I've watched him throw, whether it was last year when he was coming back towards the end of the year and at the reps that he did get in some of the practices this year. I thought he was clearly ahead of Adrian Martinez if you were of the belief that that was going to be a battle. I was never really of the belief that that was a real battle. No, like Rourke was somebody I think they really like and want to bring along as a three that eventually could maybe be a two, you know at some point. So Rourke stood out impressively before the rib injury and then you know the other part of that. But he didn't play so well to where I'm thinking trade Mac Jones. I saw a little bit of that. I saw a little bit of that.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, You're not going down that road there.
Speaker 6: But he played really well to where you think, hey, the forty nine ers may have something here in terms of a third string quarterback full stop. For me, at that point, it's not oh, can he be the two and you trade Mac? Or do you want to look to trade him? Now that's where the whole it's one preseason game comes in comes in for me. But I guess we can start with Rourke. There were some others on the defensive side of the ball that impressed as well.
Speaker 5: No, I mean Curtis Rourke. We've been talking about him for a while now when they drafted him in the seventh round. And what's amazing about him is his season in Indiana. I think he played most of the season with the torn as now twenty nine touchdown passes, five interceptions. He's been put out ice obviously dealing with the injury. But he looked good last night. His mobility, he got dinged up while he was running around, had the rib injury, and we'll see if he plays next week. They may have to bring another quarterback. But I'm not going crazy here. They know sports talk rad of the next day and being like, we don't need mac Jones. You need mac Jones. You need mac Jones and Les there's a significant injury in the NFL. We were like, all right, are you desperate enough to have us a second round pick for mac Jones. We could probably do a deal here, but then again, you want the best backup quarterback situation all the football. I'm keeping Mac Jones. But it looked promising with Curtis work last night.
Speaker 6: It really did, and impressively, so so I think that's that's a good thing to come out of a preseason game. Not obviously the injury, but he looked extremely comfortable. You can't have the delay of game down until when it's first in goal up the war.
Speaker 5: He scored when he did the not not the QB sneak, but he was rushing in there.
Speaker 4: I did not.
Speaker 6: I did not, But yeah, I think it was close there. And then again obviously you can't have the you can't have the delay of game now I can't.
Speaker 4: And the look at the bleeping clock.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly from Kyle Shanahan coming out of that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, he was impressive.
Speaker 6: Grayson Halton, Yes, what was I think the most impressive defensive player to my eye?
Speaker 5: Oh, I would agree, think I would agree. I mean from the jump on that first defensive drug he tackles Tony Pollard and then he had a sack that was nullified by defensive holding on Jacob Robinson. But yeah, I mean him coming out of Oklahoma. You know, there was the whole conversation about Vitaveya. Should the forty nine ers make a move for him? And I think they need pass rush. Now they have young guys as far as their inside defensive tackles. They got Alfred Collins, they got CJ. West. CJ. West was kind of a similar position as you know Grayson Holton where he flashed in a couple of preseason games last year, Alfred Collins kind of slowed to a velop It wasn't until that Rams game on Thursday night where he had the force fumble and the stop. So I think that I'm not saying like, well, okay, you don't need to make a move, but you know, I want to see what these defensive tackles have. Of course they make the move for Osa Diggi Zua as well, but I like where I saw in Grayson Holton last night. But yeah, I don't think that stops you from making another move. But so far, I was really impressed with what he did last night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that forty nine ers have a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball that you just don't know exactly how they're going to use or what roles these guys are going to have. There's talent there. Is it talent that can step into some of these spots immediately or is it talent that's going to take a little bit of time to develop that sort of thing. And yeah, I think outside pass rush is still especially with Nick bos Out, that the biggest concern. And I think odiggi'zoo on the interior is.
Speaker 4: Going to be really good.
Speaker 6: We'll see how many you know how often they go five man front and scheme things up in that respect, But Alfred Collins, CJ. West, Grayson Halton, Sebastian Valdez, like, there's some talent there at a bunch of different levels. Right, guys were taken in Collin's case in the second round, or West and Halton who were fourth rounders.
Speaker 4: Valdez was what was he think? Seventh?
Speaker 6: He was, Yeah, I think a seventh rounder in twenty twenty five. So you look at those guys on the interior and I think I thought James Thompson was was solid yep as well. Uh and and and so maybe there's a little more depth there immediately than meets the eye. And I think that's something that that could be a positive sign.
Speaker 5: No, definitely, I think that the biggest need they have right now is pass rush. We talked about it all last year where passed rush outside pass rush like there. Hopefully Nick Bosa is available for Week one, and I I'm not saying I'm confident in that, but I believe Kyle when he says I don't think it's a big concern right now. But anytime a you know, your veteran pass rusher that's coming off an ACL tear, and he's done this three times in his career, it's a little concerning. But also don't want to rely on him for the bulk of sacks like Romelo Height as a third round draft pick. I'm sorry, but that's a lot to ask of a rookie last night or of this season. And last night he got flagged off the first play from scrimmage illegal use of hands. So you know, we'll see as he develops through preseason here, but now they need more and we don't know when Mike Keil Williams is coming back from that torn ACL. He's a guy also that's not a traditional pass rusher when you saw him when he was playing in college. You can move around that defensive line. He could be a three technique too, where you put him inside opposite Osa di Gizua on passing down. So I've been saying it for the last couple of weeks with Copes. I think it's gonna happen eventually here, and they've been talking to Juey Bosa, but I don't even know if he wants to play football. They need to add another veteran pass rusher, whether that's Von Miller, who knows Raheem Morris back in the day with the Rams. But I'm I'm anticipating they make a move because they cannot go into the season with this defensive line current link, the way it's constructed.
Speaker 6: How concerned are you about where things stand with Bosa at this point, because I think it's becoming more and more concerning. And we've heard through the years, We've learned I should probably say through the years that just because a team will downplay an injury, yeah, doesn't mean at some point it becomes more significant. And I really am I feel like we could maybe not, but we could be going down that road again a little bit with some of the concern let's say about where post is at.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, I hear you. Like it was kind of downplayed two years ago with Christian McCaffrey where he had the bilateral knee tendonitis and or sorry kill senoninis or which one was it? It was achilles? It was, yeah, and you know, Kyle kind of downplayed that. Then it became significant and he missed most of that season. Then he came back with the you know, the Bills game and towards PCL. I mean, as I said, anything with Nick Bosa and that knee, it's concerning, especially when you know he's been He's been injured throughout his career, going back to his days with the Ohio State coming into the league. So I just hope he's there week one. If it's where he misses all of training camps, so be it.
Speaker 6: But they yeah, and I totally agree on that they need him though, and even with him, I think you could make the case that they're a little bit short of what you would want on the outside pass rush with him in the fold. If you're saying he's going to be limited come week one, able to play but not himself or in and out of the lineup. As this thing continues to progress throughout the course of let's say the first third of the season, then you got a major problem. I feel like on the outside and you're really gonna have to scheme it up in an attempt to just get by, And I think that in turn leads leaves you vulnerable in other areas.
Speaker 5: Oh no, absolutely, it's a lot of pressure runnering heat Moore is coming over and Robert Sala was, you know, a miracle worker last year, just having you know, that defense at times play well for the most part, like that Chicago Bears game, it was NFL blitz. You score, I score. But it needs to change this year. And you know, getting Romelo Hight, yes, he was a good player with Texas Tech playing off of David Bailey, but I don't want to rely on him for your pass rush and year one, I want him to be, you know, a guy that's situational. If he's your starter, I don't know if I love that. We could see him more through preseason here, but I mean you're kind of limited on what the moves you can make. And I'm sure John will make a move of the trade deadline if they're in that position. But they are pass rushers that are available. I keep bringing to Von Miller. He's an older player at thirty seven years old, but we saw it all last year. You know, they're playing bad offenses in the Houston Texans and C. J. Shroud just able to stand in the pocket all day long and dump the ball off on third down. You can't have that where you're going up against the Rams and Seahawks, in that division.
Speaker 6: Other guys that stood out for me on the defensive side, and I know we're up against it a little bit here, but it was Jade and Dugger. Yeah, Jayden Dugger I thought played really well. And look, when you have a lot of your regulars that aren't going to be out there, there's opportunities for others to step up and step in. And I mean to see Jade and Dugger be trusted with the veterans not out there to be a starter, I thought was telling considering that the training camp that he's had to this point.
Speaker 5: No, I agree with you on that one. I mean Jid and Dugger. Some people didn't like the drafts election there. But I brought this up the other day with Ted Winn. Would have came to with the athletic like the forty nine ers, do they have a guy that could stop thirteen personnel like people are so fixated on, Well, could Phu Kannakuwa be out week one with a suspension? Okay? But the forty nine ers got killed with the Rams tight ends. Do they have a guy that's currently on their team that could cover those those types of players like the Seahawks have that Anika and Nika Iman Warri. But do the Niners have that guy? And so far I keep hearing that Jana Douger could be that guy. Impressive last night sackings cam Ward on a scramble. But yeah, we'll see as he develops throughout preseason Dirty Work on the patio of fifty eight Social, John Dickinson Derek Papa talking about the preseason game last night. Who stood out to you guys? Four one, five eight oh wave five six two seven. We'll talk about more next on the Sports Leader.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dirty Work. Adam Copeland and Derek Papa in the k NBR Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpots Studios Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpots are here. Where are you just drop in? Please play responsibly Call one eight hundred Gambler.
Speaker 5: Back on these Sports Leader Derek Papa, John dicketson life from fifty eight Social talking forty nine ers football. I gotta steal something from our guy Greg Silver with his two words Football's back. It feels good. It's not real football, like I get it, Like last night was a tease, but it's just good to have like games on you. Like you're watching Sports Center, there's highlights you can see what Frando Mendoz is doing and Jeremiah loves it. Not the real thing, but could have a little bit of football last night.
Speaker 4: It felt good. It did.
Speaker 6: And then do you realize how far away you still are? And it's what twenty seven days, I guess at this point now until the gosh opener for the forty nine ers.
Speaker 4: A little under four weeks. We're inside the four week plateau now, but yeah, we still got a waste to go.
Speaker 5: Well, we'll take any football we can get. We're reacting to last night, a little taste of football. Let's go to the phone lines talking about the forty nine ers. Let's go out to Sonjay and San Jose talking about the forty nine ers run defense, Anja, you're on with Deep Pop and JD. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 8: Hey, can you hear me? Deepop?
Speaker 5: I got you, man.
Speaker 8: Hey. First of all, I wanted to give a shout out to your dad total Passaca pro and uh, you know, listen to him since I was a little kid, and I'm gonna miss not hear him for a while. Hopefully he'll be doing play. But I played one of the best to ever do it. And considering this area, that's saying a whole lot and I know there's a whole lot of folks listening on. You know, I feel the same way as I do. We give them our love.
Speaker 5: No well, man, And I appreciate you saying that, sound Jay, I appreciate that, man, Thank you.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah. And so the other thing is, you know, I was at the game last night and I was going to the first pre season games, uh, and I like what I saw for the most part. But the one thing I didn't like is a run defense, and it wasn't all that great. And it's not like the Titans have you know, brand name running backs, and something was missing. Telfing was definitely missing with regards to the pass rush. You know, Romola, I can get there. I like what you said about him. It's too much to expect in a rookie year with a different type of a bee to manage all the expectations. But hey, what about the run defense. You know that that's if that's a level of run defense we're going to see, we're going to have a tough season now.
Speaker 5: And I appreciate the calls on Jay. The thing is, you're not going to see those players like it was the second string or third string for the forty nine ers, he four.
Speaker 6: And fifty seven will help there exactly exactly, And Osa Tiki Zoo was not out there either, So I'm not going to go crazy.
Speaker 5: And I know what play you're talking about. It was where no one could wrap up on Taj Spears for that twenty five yard run. We saw a lot of that last year. But also Fred Warner wasn't there and Drake Greenlaw was in Denver. So it was the Tennessee starters, which I mean, if you're a Tennessee fan, I don't know what you think of that offense. They kind of moved the ball a little bit on that opening or that one drive where they went like ninety five yards, But I wasn't impressed with cam Ward at all really, So yeah, I'm not gonna go crazy over that just because we didn't see the main guys with the forty nine ers out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there are some that said there are some question marks up front, in particular, I believe in terms of the run defense, and Osa Digizua is going to be there to help that, but a lot of it is also going to be on Alfred Collins yep. And I thought you know, Alfred Collins is somebody that you need to start having the conversation more consistently about how much he's dominating than how underwhelming he is, right, And I feel like there's still a little of both, right. It's he kind of goes from you see what he can bring to the table when he's right with the size and everything, but then you can also see him get pushed around from time to time. And I think that's the part where you know, you start looking at some of the guys that are behind him on the depth chart, other younger guys like a Halton, like a West, like even a Valdez. I mentioned James Thompson Junior. Yeah, last night who had You know, those guys all have the dog. Those guys all have the dog. Right, at times Collins has the dog, but at times he doesn't. And I think that's the one thing, in addition to obviously health, that you want to see a little bit more consistency from him because where he was picked, he's brought in to be a major part of a front that's expected to be dominant.
Speaker 5: No, and he should be. I mean I remember watching him at Texas and very impressive player, got injured during training camp last year and kind of slow process.
Speaker 4: CJ.
Speaker 5: West. I want to say it was more impressive during preseason, but yeah he found times to you know, turning on there was the Rams game on Thursday night football. Yeah, but like it needs to be as to your point, JD. He needs to be more consistent and that's where they have depth. They have young guys, but are they good enough where like we're going to compare the forty nine ers to you know, the teams there division and it's gonna be tough, but it's where these guys need to step up. It's where you want to see growth from Nick Martin and Tata Bethune and guys from last year up to in stout what he did at the nickel positions. So yeah, can these guys take the next step where it's not growing pains anymore. It's okay, they're established NFL players. I want to hear this sound from Kyle Shanahan last night where he was talking about what he saw from Curtis Rourke and you know everything with his Actually I've go to the hospital last night to get his ribs check. So this is Shanahan talking about the performance of one of his backup quarterbacks last night.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure you know that they said ribs. He was struggling to breeze. They took him to the hospital just to check on everything, make sure it's all right. X rays in here didn't show it was broken or anything. But we'll see how we find out tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I mean, you know, obviously, I think it's pretty clear Adrian Martinez is not one of the backup options. Like I remember last year, there were so many times where obviously brock Perdy was out and Mac Jones was dealing with an injury and he wasn't taking snaps for the majority of the week. Could it be Adrian Martinez who plays on Sundays? And I never believed that. I thought it was always where Kyle likes him as a Scout Scout Team quarterback. But I think that he probably will not make the team. I think that from what you saw last night, Curtis Works should be the guy as far as the third string quarterback. But yeah, I think that maybe the latter quarterback this week, and Adrian Martinez will probably get the bulk of the snaps and we'll see the other guy is. But yeah, I don't think they're going to be going forward with Adrian Martinez az a quarterback for this team.
Speaker 6: No, I think, like we talked about earlier, Rourke with somebody that is he was winning the battle if there was a battle, And I don't really think there is a battle.
Speaker 4: There isn't a battle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, depending ab on who you talked to, I really don't think there is a battle.
Speaker 5: No, not at all. And then here's Shanahan on what he saw from Deshaun Strimmling last night, how physical he was there in his first NFL game.
Speaker 7: It seemed good. I mean, we'll see when I watched the film, I thought he struggled a little bit on that on the first drive, but I think he got three drives after that, and it seemed like, yeah, secued all the stuff that went to him, and I liked those handsloped out there and played physical.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, and as I said before, Kyle's hard on wide receivers. You know, we talked about the wide receivers that couldn't cut it in the past. But he did look good. He's not gonna overly praise him in his first game action, but yeah, and you know, I saw some people last night saying like wrap him in bubble wrap the rest of the preseason. No, I want to see him play more. I want to see him play against the Chargers. I want to see him against the Raiders. So you know it's I I think he's going to be there week one. Obviously, I think that they got depth there. But yeah, I I as advertised, or he played as advertised last night, She say, Dejean stribbling with his six catches for sixty three yards some catches.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty close to putting him in bubble wrap, are you? I really am?
Speaker 6: I mean I want to see him a little bit with Brock Purdy, And it does sound like Brock Perdy is going to play at some point here, whether it's in LA or in Vegas against the Raiders, and and Purdy does like to get out there, and Shanahan likes to get his guys out there.
Speaker 4: So we'll see.
Speaker 6: But I I'm I'm not full blown bubble wrap shut him down, but I'm pretty close. Like there is a point at which, let's say, if Perdy plays a couple of series in LA and they look pretty good together, that I would I'd shut it down at that point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think that you don't need to play him for a good deal of time, like last night was only twenty two snaps. But yeah, I want to see him out there a little bit. Yeah, like Tim Ryan was saying on the broadcast last night, you could see brock Purtty next week, but I want to see him have like a series or two. I just don't want to where all right, he had one good performance of the preseason, so he shut down the remainder. Now I want to see him play a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, i'd i'd play him a little bit, But I think we're heading down that path again. You know, if Perdy's out there, you get him out there, let them sort of get in rhythm with things, and then move forward maybe in the final game not having anybody out there, right, you know, I just again, you want to make sure that you have your best guys available to you right at the beginning of the season.
Speaker 5: So were you you at the joint practice earlier this week against so out of that look, I mean, like, obviously I think Kyle puts more stock into the joint practice as opposed to game. You know, the game last night. So in comparison, how did the forty nine ers look just a couple of days ago when they were going up against Robert Solid Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 4: Yeah Solid.
Speaker 6: Uh, you know, obviously more reps for the for the main guys that than you saw in the game on Thursday night. I mean it's been ups and downs, I think for the most part throughout the entirety of training camp there, I mean, brock Perties looked really good. I think overall, that's been one thing that that stands out. I think this is his best training.
Speaker 4: Camp to date.
Speaker 6: Okay, and you know what does that mean when the regular season comes? Maybe maybe nothing. He's obviously put up some big time numbers in his time with the forty nine ers. As as their starting quarterback, I mean, Stribbling has been the guy that we saw last night in training camp as well.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: The big thing that stood out two is just the feistiness of the of the defense in the back and forth and you know, some of the skirmishes, especially early on in that practice. Not a lot of grand takeaways I would say from the joint practice. But look, I think I think the forty nine ers are a really talented team in a lot of areas, but they do have some pretty obvious concerns on the defensive side, I think it's upfront. I think on the offensive side, it continues to be the offensive line, which at times can struggle, and they're trying to figure out what's going to happen at left guard.
Speaker 4: So I think it's a lot of.
Speaker 6: The things that we're used to seeing be problems for the forty nine ers that potentially the potentially could be again, especially if they run into some health issues.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, you and I were doing shows right before free agency, and we talked about what happened against the Seahawks losing forty one to six, and can they address you know, the offensive line or speedier wide receivers, And yeah, they had a good off season getting Mike Evans and Osadigi Zua and we'll see about Jean Stribbling and all these guys they drafted. But do you think they really address anything this offseason? You're like, Okay, now they're in the same conversation as those teams, or now I feel better about those matchups.
Speaker 6: I agree with what Kyle Shanahan said a couple of days ago, which is that he believes on paper that this team coming into training camp is better than last year's team coming into training camp. So I think that in and of itself is you moved a little bit closer to at least Seattle because Seattle's lost guys they have and against Seattle unfortunately, and I may be a part of this deal, but they do in many ways feel like one of the more disrespected or underappreciated champions in recent time.
Speaker 4: I mean, they do, even as talented as I.
Speaker 6: Believe they are, have a little bit of a one hit wonder vibe to me until proven otherwise, which I'm not even sure that's fair, but it's just how I feel.
Speaker 5: As far as going back to back or just like a team that could totally just not make the playoffs.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think they could totally not make the playoffs, really could but be ten and seven or I don't think they're going to be bad, yeah, but I do think they could be in a position where they are where they are the team that has to win their last game to make the playoffs, and maybe they do, maybe they don't, or maybe they get into a weird tiebreaker where they have the wrong tiebreaker ten and seven and somebody, you know, the Lions or another team winds up taking their spot. So I or it comes down to maybe the Niners in them and there's a tiebreaker if they split the season series, division record, somebody slips up or common opponent, whatever it is. Like, I just don't think Seattle is at a point where they're just made to like they're a made team, you know, a bunch of made dudes that are just going to be in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think they're gonna have to earn it, of course in a lot of ways, of course, but I you know, I hear the talk of the offseason they lost some guys, but honestly, I.
Speaker 4: Think we may have chosen the right guys to lose.
Speaker 5: Yes, Jerry and Price might be an upgrade over Kenneth Walker. He was very like people don't talk about him enough where he was in the backfield witch Eeramia love a notre dame now he was he was.
Speaker 4: I just, I mean, an upgrade over Kenneth Walker, though, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I so far, maybe I'm the prison I'm in the prisoner of the moment just watching them on a hard Knox, But I think that he's a physical runner.
Speaker 6: I think that he fits that scheme perfectly for that I don't disagree with with any of that. And look, I'm not if you'd say JD were picking teams to make the playoffs, right, I probably picked Seattle, but I'm looking at if you're just going through the divisions. Yeah, it's I mean the Rams are in the conversation, the Niners in the conversation. Seattle's definitely in the conversation. I'm not saying they're not. So that's three. I think I think Green Bay's in the conversation. The Bears are in the conversation, the Lions are in the conversation. Yeah, that's six right there. I think Minnesota believes they're in the conversation. I mean they ended up nine to eight, right, Yeah, yeah, they ended up nine.
Speaker 5: They in his third over the lines. I slept him last year.
Speaker 6: They end up nine and eight last year. And yeah, so that's seven teams that are that are in it. I think Philly and Dallas are in it. Right, That's that's nine teams, and maybe it's only one team in the South, but so there, so there's ten teams and maybe you take the South out of it. So there's nine teams right there for six spots. Yeah, so there's gonna and even if you want to say Minnesota may not make the cut as opposed to some of these other teams. All right, then it's eight teams for six spots. So that means there's gonna be two really good teams that wind up on the outside looking in. Could Seattle be one of those two teams? Yeah, I think they could. Could the forty nine Ers, Yeah, I think they could, depending upon the tie breakers and how things shake out. Maybe in some of those head to head games with Dallas with uh Philadelphia late late in the season. Yeah, that that could ultimately ultimately determine determine their faith Now.
Speaker 5: And I mean I totally get like, Okay, maybe the Seahawks take a step back with some of the guys they lost, even like you know, their offensive play calling with Clint Kubiak leaving, But the Seahawks still look from the forty nine Ers, their tight ends coach Brian Fleury comes over as the offensive coordinator, so.
Speaker 6: Well, step back is still to me ten and seven, like step back is they might have stend on thirteen and four.
Speaker 5: I see like the Seahawks and Rams battling it out to the last week of the regular season, where both of them could be fourteen and three or thirteen and four. I like what the Seahawks are doing. They're flying under the radar right now. They're probably the most disrespected defending champion for a long time now.
Speaker 6: All fair and again, I'm part of it. I'm admitting that I'm part of that disrespect. Although I do think they are a good team. I just think their margin for error is a little greater than people think. No, definitely, and they had everything really go right last year that set them up to win the final game of the year at Levi's to get the one seed. And we've seen it in their history when they get the one seed in that stadium, they go to the super Bowl. It's happened every time when they've been the one seed. They haven't lost either of their home playoff games and they've gone to the super Bowl. And so it was it was really tailor made for them. But they earned that. I mean, clearly, they had the best record, and they beat the Rams multiple times to get the job done and beat the Niners multiple times to get the job done there at the end of the season, so they one earned it. But I would just say I think they are a play here and a play there closer to being more in that mix of Oh, they might find themselves on the outside looking.
Speaker 5: In real quick. We didn't mention this guy. One of the other rookies that were impressive last night, Ephijian's Price sock his pass breakup on Carneal Tate, the number one wide receiver taken in the draft, in the end zone.
Speaker 6: There. He also whift on a tackle he did. He also whifted on a tackle. I liked the play at the goal line. I liked a lot. He is intriguing. I know that there are varying opinions from people I've talked to about the level of player that he is. But that play at the goal line was was a big time, big time play. But it seems like it seems like he might be a little bit I don't want to overstate it, but a little boom or bust, you know, a little like a He can make that play, but then there might be a play right in front of you that he doesn't make, and you have to factor that into the evaluation as well.
Speaker 5: Dirty Work Live from fifty eight Social on the patio here right outside Oracle Park. Good News Today, Big News Today, Oracle Park getting the Midsummer Classic, the MLB All Star Game in twenty twenty eight. But we're talking football. Let's get let's continue the conversation. When it comes to football. You brought up brock Purty and the expectations for this season. We saw him last year come in mac Jones eight games of relief. I think Brock perty stepped his game up, but doesn't need to do it again this season. We'll talk about a next John Dickinson, Derek Papa, I'm the sports leader