Speaker 1: And we continue at one five in the afternoon on the John Phillips Show, Mister Randy Wiggs in Culver City.
Speaker 2: John, it's a right of passage in the California's governor's race. Everybody has to do it at least once, and it was finally Tom Steyer's turn to put on the gas mask and get into the Tijuana River.
Speaker 3: The fact that we're standing here with gas mask sign should explain that this is a health emergency.
Speaker 4: The longer we wait, the worse this gas.
Speaker 1: He sounds like Darth Vader.
Speaker 4: You can smell it right here.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: You would think that given the fact that part of the deal of running for governor is that you have to go tour the Tijuana River, you would imagine that that in and of itself would call the field.
Speaker 2: Everyone's doing it. Everyone wants this job so bad they're jumping in the sewage.
Speaker 4: The fact that we're standing here with gas mass on.
Speaker 1: They all look like they're at Chernobyl, and not one of them will criticize the current governor for doing nothing on this. And they're willing to do anything that it takes to clean up that river, except asking Mexico to stop dumping raw sewage directly into it.
Speaker 4: You can smart right here.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred two two two five two two is jellphone number one. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. It is our pleasure and welcome our next guest to the program. You watch him each and every weeknight on the Fox News channel where he is the anchor of Fox News at Night. You can get him on exit Trace Gallagher, Trace Gallagher, Welcome, it's.
Speaker 6: Great to be here.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 6: You know, I had no idea that to run for governor of California head to jump in the Tijuana River, but I think that's uh, it's fascinating the stuff you learn on this show.
Speaker 5: Job really is now.
Speaker 1: So far, no one's been batteries there, but give it time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: I haven't don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know if Steve Hilton has jumped in the Tijuana River, but I'm guessing probably not. But well, I'll ask him next time he's on the show.
Speaker 1: You know, there are certain advantages that could come from that, because if Steve Hilton were to have a third arm, he could shake more hands.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm, he could he could and listen. You know, Steve Hilton really is I mean, you know, I think you look at the latest numbers and he's kind of holding his own.
Speaker 7: A lot of people would.
Speaker 6: Say, oh, no, uncle's gonna I think Steve Hilton's kind of holding his own so far, even with you know, even the early results of Swallwell falling out of this thing or leaving this thing, Steve Hilton looks like for the time being, he's.
Speaker 4: Uh, he tends to be holding his own.
Speaker 6: But we'll see in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: So, the big news yesterday was that former state Controller Betty E announced that she would be dropping out of the rays. She was at one percent the polls, so I don't think it'll impact the other candidates much as it did when Eric Swalwell dropped out after earning somewhere between ten and thirteen percent in the polls. But I'll tell you, I don't know if you saw the interview that she did with Nicki Lorenzo after she dropped out, but I sense this resentment from so many of the candidates and the single digits, whether it's her or Tony Thurman or Antoniolvia Ragosa. And you could even make the argument that it applies to Matt Mahon two, and that is those candidates seem to be the candidates who, well, I disagree with their proposals for how to deal with it. They do understand the complexities of California government, California politics. They've been in the trenches for many years. And the Democrats who have been pulling the best, whether it be Tom Steyer or Eric Swalwell or Katie Porter now Javier Bsera, they come from the federal government, they come from the private sector, They come from places other than state politics. And when you see them do an interview where state politics comes up and they get asked very specific questions about the bullet train or the insurance crisis, or crime or homelessness or whatever, they have a very surface level understanding of those subjects. And then they switch it to Donald Trump. They start talking about Trump, they start talking about ice because that's what they know about, that's what they care about. And the candidates who can't break out of those single digits seem to know the most about the subject matter. But right now, that's not what Democratic primary voters are buying. And I do believe there's a sense of resentment that exists within that field, which is part of the reason that they're not dropping out.
Speaker 6: And part of it is, you know that they believe that that's kind of a way to go, and you're right, they don't. You look at Katie Porter and Eric Swalwell and you ask them questions, you interview them, and then you're not getting solid answers. You're getting just snark because they've seen that that's how it's handled.
Speaker 1: At the top.
Speaker 6: You know, you ask Gavin news In the same questions about his state, and you will get his press office and they will send you some snarky response some you know, they'll f off whatever they say. That's kind of what these federal you know, lawmakers and so on and so forth. That's where they see that this is the way to run this race. So they don't really need to get involved in the topics. They don't need to amesh themselves in exactly what California politics needs at this point in time. They just play the game. They play the game where they've got name recognition and they're doing the same thing the governor's doing. You look at Antonio via Ragosa and he was coming out what last week and he was kind of explaining the gas prices and instead of you know Gavin Newsom's oh, this is Trump's fault and swallwell, this is Trump's fault. He was coming out saying, not Trump's fault. And here's how the gap and the California gas prices are so high, here's the reason they're high. Here's what we need to do to make these prices go down. And it has nothing going to do with Iran. Maybe a little bit because of the oil prices going up, but the main factor in all of this is California's fault. California did all of these things to itself, and you need someone like Antonio Villa Ragosa to come out and exactly explain, explain this whole thing and say, hey, listen, this is what we need to do to fix this. And you're right, he's not pulling very well. So maybe the answer really is just to ignore the questions and play the hate Trump game.
Speaker 1: How much of that do you think is strategy? And how much of that do you think is they're the kid that didn't read the book that's trying to do the book report. And I say that because I think with Newsom he's different from the others. I think he understands California and he understands California politics and government, but he's an absentee landlord at this point. He's running for president and he's just not engaged. When he was engaged, he could talk about those subjects. I disagree, agree with him, but he could have the conversation. I get the impression that with the others, they're the kids that didn't read the book, that are trying to pass the book report, and if you ask them any questions beyond those very surface level questions, it's crash and burn. The way that Javier Besserra's interview was with Alex Michaelson on Fox eleven when he first announced that he was running for governor, it was a train wreck. I mean, this is a guy who didn't read the newspaper before he sat down for that interview, and he's running for governor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think a lot of these candidates, you know, they haven't really done their homework. They haven't read the book, and you can see that, but I don't I think they really believe that that's not the way that you get to the governor's office anymore. And I would disagree. I think Gavin Newsom going all the way back to COVID. I mean I would watch his news conferences and Gavin Newsom quite frankly, did not know the topics of the day. Gavin Newsom wasn't up to speed on what was happening with the whole COVID thing. He was just giving talking points. He would say meet the moment nineteen times in a news conference and wouldn't tell you anything about what's going on, what's the state is doing, what's the process of the schools shutting down and reopening, what's the process with masking and so on. He didn't have those answers. So, you know, my guess, my takeaway from Gavin Newson was always that he was, you know, he was kind of semi playing the role. He didn't really know the day to day topics. And even when you listened to him last week or two weeks ago, he's saying the same things. He's just giving you not very thorough answers. And when he pressed you press him on something, he goes right to Trump, he goes right to the federal government. Right, it's the fraud thing, where Gavin Newsom's like, well, it's about time the federal government's cleaning up their own mess. This is all federal dollars. He knows it's under his watch. He knows that this is a mess that his state created in he has just sat there and watched it flourish, and he's not gonna, you know, he's not going to put himself in jeopardy. So he blames Trump.
Speaker 4: But on a lot of.
Speaker 6: These issues, you get the feeling he doesn't quite know where to kind of where to pivot so that he can give you some proper answers, and instead he figures half the state's not really paying attention anyway, so you just give him the you know, you give them the anti Trump thing, and they're happy and there you go, off we go.
Speaker 1: One of the things I learned when I was working over at CNN as an analyst and you'd see these politicians in the green room and they would be regulars, not just usually on CNN, usually they did CNN, they did MSNBC two, and they were regulars on both of those channels is that over time they started to blur the lines and forget just exactly who their constituents were and who that audience was. And it wasn't like you could tell there was a snap of the fingers and they just suddenly had amnesia and forgot who the voters were back at home. But you could see over time their answers catered to that audience and the fact that every time they would go on and say something snarky or nasty about Donald Trump, it would ring the cash register and they would get all of these small dollar contributions from people all over the country. And that certainly made them happy and it made them stars within that world. But after they had done it a long period of time, it seemed like they had absolutely no connection with the people back at home at all, and the audience of those two networks was the audience of people that they were talking to exclusively, right.
Speaker 6: I mean, it feels like a lot of these politicians are you know, are constantly on social media. They're talking to a social media audience. I mean, you go from Gavin Newsom to Alexandria Cossio Cortes to Elon Omar, and every thing they say is meant for a social media audience. Everything they do is looking for clicks and likes. They're not looking to actually achieve any progress. They're looking for clicks and likes, and they're getting small, like you say, they're getting small donations from a lot of people, and they realize that they have become huge social media stars, and with that social media status, all of a sudden, without answering a single question, Gavin Newsom the same, all of a sudden, you are in the thick of the conversation for the presidential race. You look at the Democratic side of this, right, you've got Gavin Newsom, You've got Alexandria Cassio Cortez and a few others sprinkled in there. Not because of what they've achieved, because their achievements are few and far between, but because of the social media followings they have and the number of clicks and likes and the number of followers they have. That's what where their status as far as running for president or higher office comes from. We live in a world now where politicians have thought, you know what, the way to make a name for yourself is not by achieving things for your state or for your constituents. It's by getting more clicks and more likes, and more followers and more money rolling in. That's how you get name recognition, and that's how you know. That's how you climb the ladder to the highest office, and.
Speaker 1: It gives them a certain amount of power too. I mean, look at Katie Porter for example. Katie Porter makes her money that way. She makes her money from haranguing people with whiteboards and that's what rings the cash register for her. Well, okay, if your donors are that decentralized, and you're not getting your money from the regular places of the unions and the Democratic Party power brokers and those sorts of things, and the party doesn't want you to run for governor or the party wants you to drop out, they can't cut off your money supply because they're not the ones that are providing it to So for a Betty Ye, you can cut her money off because she gets it from the usual places. But if you are a Katie Porter, or even an Eric Swalwell who did the same thing as Katie Porter, that's how he made a lot of his campaign contributions, you have a more difficult time telling them what to do because they're not getting their money from you, So why should they take their orders from you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that's a fair assessment. But I also think on the flip side of that, if you're an Eric Swalwell, you kind of saw this in the past couple of weeks. You're not getting your money, so you don't really have to take your marching orders from the unions and the donors that you used to even fifteen twenty years ago. Now you know, you can go to the social media world and you can get a lot more money pouring in by using those techniques. But when it comes to, you know, the meat of the meat of the issue, like Eric Swalwell staying in the race or getting kicked out of the race, that's when the Democratic machine in California really plays a party. You in a prominent position so that they can push you. And two they're the ones that say you can stay in or you get out. I mean, you know, whatever you think of the Eric Swalwell situation, you know they they they time this because the last thing in the world they wanted was for this whole thing to explode in July and August and Eric swallow was going to have to lead the race anyway, and boom, there goes the Governor's office. That's the whole thing. They're stopping now, like this thing's gonna come out. It's getting bad. The Chronicle tips off the Pelosi regime and everybody else, and the next thing you know, you've got real problems coming down the pike, and you can get rid of them now, and the machine in California can get swallowell out now, or you can wait until it comes down in the La Times and the Services Chronicle in three other papers in mid June, and then all of a sudden it becomes too late to come up with some remedy or some tonic to fix this governor's race. So I think you're right that you get your money, you get your support from outside, from the whole social media, you know, paradigm. But I also believe that when it comes to when it comes to the hard decisions, it's the machine. It's the democratic machine in California that you know, pushed Gavin Newsom up through the ranks and pushes a lot of these candidates, the Adam Shifts and the Eric Swalwells through the ranks. They are the ones that decide whether you stay or whether you go.
Speaker 1: Are you surprised that the machine turned not just on Eric Swalwell so fast, but right before him, it was Caesar Chavez, who was about as lionized as you could possibly get in that world. And then it was like a switch got flipped and they went from being the most beloved person in the world to non existence overnight. It happened to both of them over the course of about a month. Did that shock you.
Speaker 6: No, No, I mean not at all. You have this this push where they four years said they were the party we we believe all women. We are supporting all women. Now forget about the women who are being executed in Iran and other places. You know, we don't want to that's that's a different pot. We don't want to take out of that one because that, you know, that muddies the water and takes the focus off the issue that we really want to focus on, which is we are anti Trump. So you don't want to say anything that is you know, that is that is saying, well, Iran's doing this thing wrong and we can't do that and we got to go and do something. So that's out of the picture. I think overall, when you look at the Sayzar Chavez thing is you see, you saw these accusations coming, and they've been coming for fifteen years. People have been saying this for fifteen years. The Eric Squalwell thing. They've known this for years, and the media is saying, well, you know the reason we didn't run with it is because we didn't have it confirmed. It didn't stop you from running with the sexual the sexual assault allegations against Brett Kavanaugh when he was running, when he was you know, nominated for the Supreme Court. You used him then, you didn't have them confirmed. You used them then, and you brought Eric Swalwell in to speak on those. So you know, they're just picking and choosing. They're picking and choosing when they hit and when they don't. They know these things were true. They know these things and Caesars Shavas were true for I don't know how many years, and Swallwell the same thing. They're just waiting for the right time politically to be able to say, see, we still stand with women. See see their javs done. Tear down the statues, get the school names off there. Eric Swawell, same thing done. And everybody, and even as close as friends, are like, oh yeah, well, I thought he was kind of flirty, but I had no idea he was lying. Really really, I mean, come on, are you kidding me? Everybody in DC knew everybody in the media knew and this whole we didn't have a confirm. Yeah, you get for him, you didn't have a confirm. But if Eric Swall was a Republican boy, those non confirmation allegations would be would be fast and fear curious.
Speaker 1: What's the saying, where you stand depends on where you sit.
Speaker 7: That's right, That's exactly right, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Trace Gallagher Ager of Fox News at Night. It's an excellent, excellent, excellent program. If you don't watch it, you definitely should. It's on the Fox News channel. My friend Jen and her mother Janice watch you every night. They're your biggest fans. Trace Gallagher, thanks so much for stopping by.
Speaker 7: Tell jan and Janis they are.
Speaker 6: They're very sweet people.
Speaker 7: We appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Thank you, John, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I'll be watching tonight, Trace Gallagher. Everyone, let's go to Clifton in Vallejo. Clifton, Hello, what's going on?
Speaker 5: John and Randy Man Top of the day to you guys.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: What I wanted to speak about, which got not too many people even bring up, is the devalueization of American citizens. Okay, now I'm.
Speaker 8: Gonna go back to a Bible verse or a Bible story where when Paul was in prison, they had him chained up or whatever. They were about to chop his head off, a stone him, or do whatever, and the only thing that saved him because they thought he was a Jew. They thought he was a Jew, and he.
Speaker 5: Said, no, you can't do that to me. I'm a Roman citizen. You got to take me the wrong. You understand what I'm saying. That's when citizenship have value. If you look at those people in the TSA lines and all of that, they are subjects. They're not citizens because if they were citizens, their government would be taking care of them and making the accommodations for them to be where they need to go.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for the call. Cliff at eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number one eight hundred two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. And Randy, are the Katie Parter emails still rolling in?
Speaker 2: I can't read any of them, but yes, when you put out the topic of is there one question that you would ask one of the candidates for governor. All of the calls that came in were actually fairly respectful questions. The emails were not, So let your imagination run wild. Since we've crossed the halfway point of today's show, if you want to continue listening to us, you after we sign off at three, Randy, that's easy to do. If you need more than three hours this nonsense a day, you might need to go to a meeting. But in the meantime, get your fixed with the podcast. Search for the John Phillip Show. Wherever you get your podcasts, That could be the Apple podcast app, iHeart Spotify, search for the John Phillips Show, hit subscribe. You could download all the episodes. You could do a Google on the YouTube. You could get the free KABC app. You could get the free KSFO app. You can get the KMJ now app. Because we're on the big KMJ and Fresno Saturdays at noon, so many different ways to listen. Live to this noon to three show whenever you want, and download all the podcasts and listen to them. Look, we feel like we have a relationship of trust with you guys, and we trust that when we ask you to subscribe to the podcast. Each and every one of you do it, because if you don't, that means you busted the trust.
Speaker 1: And you know what they say, don't bust the trust. In the meantime, what do you say we make a couple of listeners very happy.
Speaker 2: Let's do that right now. The La County Fair is back May seventh through the thirty first. Don't miss the country's largest county fair and the best entertainment other than Californi. Tickets are on sale at La Countyfair dot com. But right now, caller number nine at one eighty eight seven ninety five two two two. That's one eighty eight seven ninety five two two two gets a pair of tickets to see Brad Paisley on Saturday, May sixteenth. Tickets furnished by the La County Fair. Good luck dialing.
Speaker 1: As you mentioned before, Tom Steyer is the latest candidate for governor to make his own pilgrimage to the Tijuana River.
Speaker 4: You can smart right here.
Speaker 2: He put out a two minute YouTube video on the Tom Styer channel talking about the dj River.
Speaker 3: The fact that we're standing here with gas mass on should explain that this is a health emergency The longer we wait, the worse this death.
Speaker 1: It's bain. You know what he should have done. He should have thrown a pebble into the body of water, like Opie did on the opening of the Andy Grippthshell.
Speaker 3: The fact that we're standing here with gas mass on should explain that this is a health emergency.
Speaker 4: The longer we wait, the worse this dets.
Speaker 2: That is Yeah, that sounds straight out of the third Batman movie with Christopher Nolan.
Speaker 1: Hey, I thought that Newsom was Batman. Yeah, but this is bane.
Speaker 9: That is a Tijuana river. You see it flowing, I do. That's not rainwater.
Speaker 1: That's you don't say that.
Speaker 9: Is a Tijuana river. You see it flowing, I do. That's not rainwater. That's concentrated toxic shoot chemicals, heavy metals, pathogens and everything you can imagine.
Speaker 1: There were certain things she didn't want to mention. Yeah, I wonder what the editing process was like when this was produced.
Speaker 4: You can smell it right here. Often.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, we're getting serious.
Speaker 9: It's way worse than Flint, Michigan. It's way worse than the Aaron Brockovich.
Speaker 2: Case, and way worse than the PG and E disaster or the other PG and E disaster or the other PG and E disaster.
Speaker 1: Hey, that made Julia Roberts a lot of money.
Speaker 9: And this is all flowing freely into the ocean, contaminating our beaches and contaminating our air.
Speaker 2: By the way, Tom Steyer, who's been an environmental activist for the past fifteen years, how has he never talked about this situation before? I wonder if the hazmat suit is legit or it's a prop. I would hope it's legit because he's about to be on the stage with all the other candidates and hopefully he didn't catch something in that river.
Speaker 1: Do you think when he walks into a room he has to flip the light switch or he can just wave his hand and the lights will turn on.
Speaker 10: So when we think about environmentalism, when we think about health, when we think about justice, this is a perfect example of something.
Speaker 2: All Right, during the break, I'm gonna download some Baine and we're gonna go back and forth.
Speaker 1: I love the fact that everyone goes down there and is horrified, but no one has the backbone to tell Mexico to cut it out. Well, and you now have one of the supervisors down there Geary. She's going off on Gavin for completely ignoring this issue. I don't even think when Gavin ran for governor, he went down there. Do you think Gavin wants his picture taken next to that bloated river?
Speaker 4: You can smell it right here.
Speaker 10: So when we think about environmentalism, when we think about health, and we think about justice, this is a perfect example of something. But Weed's urgent redress.
Speaker 6: For eight thousand different gases are coming out of that hot spot. Didn't enders a soul fife, which is a toxic your gas.
Speaker 11: Think about it.
Speaker 2: There was a report from NBC seven last week. We didn't get to it, but at some point we might where the acceptable amount of particles of gas that's considered toxic hydrogen sulfide the state allows for like point zero zero zero one for every thousand what have you. It's like seven hundred times the acceptable amount. It's so insane that nobody seems to care about this.
Speaker 5: If we think of by their school districts, a more wealthier afflite area, I'm not ready to put up with what your kids have to put up a potato.
Speaker 1: This is the greatest environmental disasters.
Speaker 2: Having that guy said it's the greatest environmental disaster we've ever seen in this country. But it was hard to hear him because he was drowned out by the music.
Speaker 1: And I think living next that river for a long time gave him gills.
Speaker 11: You have to ask why this hasn't been interested and it's impossible not to notice this is the low income Latino community.
Speaker 1: Oh so now we're conjecting race into this, Okay, but it's racist to tell Mexico to knock it off. So it's also racist to let them pollute all the Latino neighborhoods in San Diego County.
Speaker 11: Why this hasn't been interest and it's impossible not to notice this is a low income Latino community. And that's outrageous and that makes me furious because this is that a.
Speaker 1: Baby crying in the background. I'm so confused. It sounds like I hope that baby's not going for a swim.
Speaker 11: And that's outrageous and that makes me furious because this is environmental injustice, structural intentional environmental injustice. And you can literally see it, smell it, and feel it.
Speaker 1: Maybe the baby's mother's washing or clothes in.
Speaker 11: The river, and you can literally see it, smell it, and feel.
Speaker 1: It Tom's tire for governor everybody. So since no one in Sacramento will do anything about it, the students in the area have formed a town hall where they can debate it. Here is what.
Speaker 2: Coronado students have to say about the Tijuana River. Here is a report from NBCC in San Diego in just about two hours.
Speaker 12: Some newer voices in the South Bay hope to rally more people to help solve the decades old raw sewage crisis along our border.
Speaker 1: But you see, this is where the Democrats are paralyzed because race is part of everything that they see. So you can't tell Mexico to knock it off because that's racist. So they pollute all the poor Latino neighborhoods in the United States, and that's racist. So what they need to do is they need to figure out a way to purify the river water before it hits the poor Latino communities without telling Mexico to stop polluting the river. That's the only non racist way they can fight this.
Speaker 2: As NBC seven South Bay reporter Joe Little shows us, these advocates don't want to wait and they hope that someone else fixes it.
Speaker 13: The forum begins at six point thirty right here inside the Imperial Beach Public Library. Organizers tell me they're trying to reach people who amazingly still don't understand what's going on.
Speaker 1: They just think it's them that smells that bad. Get some deodor run.
Speaker 14: It's shocking to me that people can live in such terrible conditions and not know the root causes.
Speaker 13: The root causes for the nasty smell in the air, the root causes keeping people out of the ocean.
Speaker 14: It sucks when something so terrible is happening in your backyard.
Speaker 13: That's why Cornado High School senior Sean Wilbur and the Stop the Sewage Group organize the forum Monday night, featuring young activists, local leaders, and scientists.
Speaker 14: We want to be able to give the community the information they need to be able to take action so that they know it tomorrow.
Speaker 13: Sean and his fellow students from around the region want people to know the problem extends from the Tijuana River Valley.
Speaker 1: Stinking up the entire Imperial Beach area. That should be very expensive primo land, but it's not because this river of raw sewage is causing it to smell like a sewage treatment facility for the.
Speaker 13: Ocean from Imperial Beach to Coronado, all the.
Speaker 14: Way up here. We can feel it. We want to educate anybody and everybody.
Speaker 13: That means also taking the fight from the South Bay to Sacramento. For a fourth time, Sean and other young advocates are headed to the ga.
Speaker 2: They've gone up to Sacramento to preach their cause for four years and nothing.
Speaker 1: Welcome to California politics, kids for a fourth time.
Speaker 2: For as much as this state wants to talk about how environmental they are, nobody seems to care. Not the state, not the federal government, or the current administration, or the last administration or the one before that or the one before that.
Speaker 1: Nobody cares.
Speaker 13: Yes, for a fourth time, Sean and other young advocates are headed to the Capitol next week to lobby lawmakers for help. Their last trip was in January.
Speaker 14: We're trying to make noise, We're trying to pull levers, and it takes a lot to get no You should do.
Speaker 2: You should get a big bucket, fill it up with what's in that river, seal it, bring it up to Sacramento, open up the lid, and every single member of the legislature can take a whiff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's a real good way to get put on the no fly.
Speaker 14: List, and it takes a lot to get over the hurdle of government and action.
Speaker 13: Government in action. It's hard to argue against that. For decades, this pollution has been allowed to plow through the river valley, destroying the environment, crippling the economy, and threatening the health of thousands.
Speaker 14: We know no one, single thing. It's going to be the silver bullet here.
Speaker 1: Yes, help, yes, yes, we know what the silver bullet is. Hell Mexico to knock it off. And if they don't knock it off, pull their money, or go kill another drug lord. Whatever it is that you have to do to send a message, but it.
Speaker 13: Helps letting people know about the root causes plaguing their community.
Speaker 14: Again, make noise and fulsome There you go.
Speaker 2: The kids are trying to plead their case. Please, Sacramento, please pay attention to the Tijuana River.
Speaker 1: Let's go to stand in Orange stand Hello.
Speaker 7: Hey, mister Fellows, mister Wang. Yeah, Hey, I'm an old guy. I grew up in San Diego and I first became aware of the Tijuana River back in nineteen seventy. A little aside, Pat Nixon I dedicated. It was a border field park. I think I was one of Kelifie. It was one of them. It was a state park. It was right on the border there. I went to saw Pat Flann in a helicopter and rode my motorcycle down there. But that was a disaster even beginning back then, you know, Tijuana was small and so it wasn't that much of an issue, but there were still issues with the ross sewage coming down. And you know, now Tijuana is probably bigger than San Diego, and it's it's you know, there used to be dairies down there, you know, but those are those are well agne. They couldn't they couldn't benefit of the extra fertilizer. But as far as so, that's what fifty years, nobody's done a damn thing about it. You know, everybody jumps up and down and screams and yells. You know, if Stire is such an environmentalists and cares so much about it, half him cough up the bucks and we'll build a nice pollution plan on our side of the border and take care of it, or like you said, squeeze Mexico. But Mexico is a failed third world country. They're not going to do anything about it unless you cut the money off, and that might change the situation. But it's a it's a mess. It probably is one of the most polluted sites in the whole country. It's you know, Tom, write your check, do something about it. Have Katie kick in, you know, I mean, what are you going to do? Everybody just sits in, screams and yells about it. Nothing ever happens.
Speaker 1: Well, Katie doesn't scream about it, but she does talk about it. It's an interesting point though, that Stan brings up. You think about how much money Tom Steyer has spent running for governor. That one hundred plus million dollars probably could have cleaned this up. Hey Katie, do you have anything to say about this river?
Speaker 4: You can smell right here.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. Thank you for the call, sir. You're obsessed with that drop. I love it so much. I think it's gonna win Drop of the Year no matter what happens. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't like show at Gmail? Dot com. That's Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com and Randy ear Monitor. In the mailbag, Dan.
Speaker 2: Writes in at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com on the subject line, TI you want to stank Randy?
Speaker 1: This is my dream. You now have Tom Steyer saying you can smell it and taste it and feel.
Speaker 11: It structural, intentional, and you can literally see it, smell it and feel it.
Speaker 2: In addition, of course to the Katie Porter drop, you can smell it right here. Once we get all the candidates to comment on the smell of the water, you can do a little segment where you say, here are the slogans of the candidates trying to replace this guy, and then you can play Gavin Newsom and a drop that sounds like it's about the Tijuana River.
Speaker 11: Feces everywhere, no compassion, and you can literally see it, smell it, and feel it.
Speaker 2: By the way, we just need to do this real quick because I needed to prove to myself that I wasn't making it up.
Speaker 1: Here's Tom Steyer.
Speaker 3: The fact that we're standing here with gas mass on should explain that this is a health emergency.
Speaker 2: Buck And here is the villain from the Dark Knight rises in twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: Bane your reave supply with the false side. Just stop you tearing down this corrupt set. Styr Is Bane here with an update on all the disgusting elements found in that river, mister Randy Wang.
Speaker 2: NBC seven does some science, and the science is bad about the ti Ilana River.
Speaker 12: It is getting worse for folks living and working around the Tijuana River Valley. Scientists say they have detected dangerous new levels of toxic gases emanating from the river, and frustrated local leaders didn't hold back while talking to NBC seven South Bay.
Speaker 4: Reporter Joe Little.
Speaker 12: They're calling out Governor Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 13: You know the Tijuana River Valley is getting pretty bad when some of your staunchest political allies are calling you out publicly. Science measures bad air by the microscopic particles floating around. We breed them in, they get ingested into our blood.
Speaker 4: Typical air in a city is less than one part per billion.
Speaker 13: One one particle of say, hydrogen sulfide, and a billion is okay.
Speaker 4: The state standard is thirty.
Speaker 13: Thirty thirty is when California should be sounding the alarm. Last week at this location in the Tijuana River valley near homes and schools, It plateaued at seven hundred and fifty all night long.
Speaker 2: Whoa, So let me reiterate that, in case you weren't paying attention to this very especial episode of Sesame Street. The safe level of hydrogen sulfite is one part per billion. The state standard is thirty parts per billion. The Tijuana River is at seven hundred parts per billion.
Speaker 1: Okay. If you ever want to know how political correctness kills, they will not tell Mexico to stop polluting this river because it's racist. So an entire community in southern California is going to get cancer.
Speaker 13: The highest recorded here by UC San Diego atmospheric chemist Camp Braither forty five hundred. Forty five hundred when thirty should set off alarms.
Speaker 4: It's got to be the highest hydrogen soul fight of anywhere in the United States. That's really bad.
Speaker 13: County Sea.
Speaker 1: Where's the EPA.
Speaker 13: Yet?
Speaker 1: Can't some agency just shut this down?
Speaker 13: Bad County Supervisor Ploma Gary had enough. She took to Instagram to call out her fellow Democrat Gavin.
Speaker 4: Knew something This governor needs to address it.
Speaker 13: Gary has repeatedly.
Speaker 2: You know what, He's not going to address it because there's no compassion when it comes to Gavin.
Speaker 4: Feces everywhere, no compassion