Speaker 1: Now back to murphin markets on the Sports Leader, streaming live on the sports Leader dot com and k nb r V Sports Leader app.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I actually can characterize it with how you want. I wouldn't necessarily say it rebuild. I mean, obviously we move some some six major league players off of our roster today. I guess the messages we're not satisfied with the way that we've played this year, in the last few years, and we're trying everything we can to to continue to build a product that that we can all be uh, you know, excited to come and watch, and that was really the goal. And this is can we even if we have to subtract a little bit now, can we potentially add some players that we think our fans are going to be excited about and hopefully wear a Giants uniform for a long time.
Speaker 2: Buster posey on the zoom.
Speaker 4: If you're just joining us, it's all we've been talking about the first hour and twenty minutes, taking a bunch of calls, and I would have to say, if you're just joining us. The reaction has been mostly positive. There's a couple negatives saying, hey man, I don't want to wait this long, or man, what are they doing? They still got devers A Dominson Chapman.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: Listen, there's seventeen hunderd bro I have been agitating for this for a long time to just kind of say, listen, the direction of five hundred after five hundred, after five hundred, after five hundred after seventeen under five hundred. Nice win last night, though it recalls for something different, and now there's a direction, whether it's the starting pitching prospects of hopefully Matt Tugbot Wilkinson and now Henry Lalane Ramon Marquez. In fact, Buster went out of his way to highlight Ramone Marquez. I would say that if the Giants had to sort of power rank all the guys they got, I think the one they're most high on is the guy they got from the Phillies, Ramone Marquez.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he has inserted himself as the highest prospect now in the Giant system from all the pieces that we saw get moved yesterday. That's a guy that a lot of Philly fans were upset about trading for Luisa Rise And when the other fan base is upset about the trade, Jui and the prospect you gave up.
Speaker 2: Usually that makes me feel a little bit better about the trade.
Speaker 4: Red Sox fans were in their feelings about Meyer, Marcelo Meyer. Phillies fans were in their feelings about Romo Marquez in fact, so he's Buster. Buster kind of went out of his way too. He was kind of like almost like the beat, whereas none of you have asked. So I'm going to go ahead and mention Phillies right hander prospect Ramone Marquez.
Speaker 3: You know, I'd like to specifically highlight a guy, you know, Ramone Marquez. He was one that our scouts had flagged early on in this process and a guy that we weren't sure we were going to have access to. So somebody that were extremely excited about to add to the system and feel like he's a starting pitcher that's going to slot up in the top of our system going forward. So you know, a guy like that, I think he's going to probably carry a little bit more weight than a few few other pictures that might be a tier or two down below that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Buster picking out his favorite kid. All right, I love all you, I love all my children, but I love Ramone the most.
Speaker 5: Yeah, give me some of the Raizor Ramon and he's already slotted in as the number two pitching prospect behind Jackson.
Speaker 2: Floor in the Giants organization.
Speaker 4: Right now, you're telling me that in the last month, the Giants have remade their pitching prospect pipeline and they the top two guys weren't on the team. Weren't in the organization six weeks ago.
Speaker 2: No, they were not.
Speaker 5: I'd say probably four of the six top pitching prospects in the organization might have not been on the roster.
Speaker 4: To your career in Milana and Miguel Mendez Andres. By the way, we need to talk about a couple of cultural things here. One, how do we feel about Robbie Reyes a padre? Are we feeling any Are we feeling anything? These interdivision trades are unusual. Shout out Charlie Culberson.
Speaker 2: To the Rockies. Uh, you know, I know right well, I got you on that one.
Speaker 4: You know, Shout out Candy Maldonado from the Dodgers, or Alex Travino, who is the catcher for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I asked before the first things.
Speaker 4: I asked my kid, because he continues to be my update guy because he's on his phone all the freaking time. Dad, you know Robbi Raisa Padre. I'm like, no, I didn't know, but you're telling me. I said, are there any revenge matches? They have one series left with the Padres September eleven, twelve thirteen. Here the same weekend the forty nine Ers. No, the Niners played that Thursday against the Rams. When we're digesting the big win over the Rams, Robbie Ray will be on the hill.
Speaker 5: I'm guessing we're gonna talk a lot more about the Rams and the forty nine Ers than a Robbie Ray revenge game, because maybe it'll be a spoiler game for the San Francisco Giants. But the Giants are seventeen games under five hundred. Those games against the Padres are gonna be meaningless to close out the season. So no, I don't care about trading and expiring contract to the San Diego Padres. Robbie Ray is gonna walk away this offseason, and the Giants got two prospects in return. Another seventeen year old international shortstop who I saw a stat yesterday has more walks than strikeouts and rookie ball this year seventeen year old Joni al Hernandez bro. They got four teenage up the middle guys from the International Pool that are considered lights out again teenagers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still using clearasil. We're gonna call it the American band Stand group.
Speaker 4: Is that too dated? American band Stand? Remember American Bandstand. It's a teen dance TV show back in the seventies, actually sixties and seventies. Yeah, the Beach Boys would show up, and ladies and gentlemen the Beach Boys, and they'd.
Speaker 2: Be playing surfer so far and all the teenagers doing the thing.
Speaker 4: It lasted all the way into the early eighties and Mike the Madonna showed up on American bands.
Speaker 2: I can give you kind of more of like a soul train.
Speaker 4: Soul Train was the African American VERSEI I'm gonna go ahead and racially profiled straight up.
Speaker 2: It's called train, but there was no Latino. There was a few Latinos.
Speaker 4: It's soul Train was almost exclusively African American, and American Bandstand would be more multicultural, but primarily Caucasian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go ahead and talk about the racial divide.
Speaker 4: I understand this piece, so let's be honest now, continue to racially profile Soul Train a little cooler.
Speaker 6: You call that.
Speaker 2: God forbid a white boy, get a little bit of motion.
Speaker 5: Shout out, George Kittle, Ricky Pearson, Ricky Oh, they said that about rock Party Actually in the Duggy anyway.
Speaker 4: The teenagers I'm talking about, seventeen year old Joniel Hernandez, Joshua or Gonzalez is what eighteen nineteen Luis Hernandez eighteen nineteen seventeen making that throw from freaking Turkey Mike's did you see the play he made.
Speaker 2: When he's playing third back. He was in Turkey, Mike, Ronny made that throw.
Speaker 5: You're absolutely right getting the big heater, the big filthy dude.
Speaker 2: That was a phenomenal play.
Speaker 5: Effortlessly Again, he's seventeen, Johnny Rganzalez and Johnny Love as well, who's now up in double Way.
Speaker 2: Actually still on Higa Eugene right now. He's nineteen years old.
Speaker 5: So these are a lot of young prospects that are at the top of the.
Speaker 2: Giants farm rankings right now. Just quick check of the cash.
Speaker 4: We gotta get one more cut in here, but the not trading logan web, there's still I saw a couple of texts and tweets, and I still would have traded. One guy said in their argus logical argument was if indeed the Giants are pointing towards twenty twenty eight and twenty twenty nine, that's more reason to trade Logan Web.
Speaker 2: I was like, Okay, that's an interesting take. I got you.
Speaker 4: Now, We're not ruling out twenty seven. First of all, is there going to be baseball in twenty seven?
Speaker 2: Lockout?
Speaker 4: But it's an interesting take that if you only have Web for two more years and you're pointing towards twenty eight and twenty nine, why wouldn't you trade him? The other angle would be to keep him around because he's really freaking good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I'd also say, before I play this cut real quick, you know who else is also going to be here in twenty eight twenty nine. Raphael Devers, Willie Adomis, Matt Chatman contracts are still around. Yeah, there's a possibility they get moved this offseason or maybe in the foreseeable future. But if Bus or Posey, according to this cut, thinks that this team can compete in the next couple of years, you're gonna need a guy like Logan Web.
Speaker 2: Leading this rotation. Here's Posey on not trading Logan web.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't think it's out of the realm with possibilities at all to think that we can be in contention. And Webby's a guy who's been around for a long time, he's a pros pro. Had a great conversation with him a couple of weeks ago and was just really enthused to see his enthusiasm about where he is at this point in his career and his understanding I think of of what it's going to take as he's starting to rack up the years and the innings to continue to be pitching it an elite level, And was was just really encouraging just to hear I think how excited he was about the way his body was feeling. Feel like he had not to speak for him, but you know, making some changes with's the way he's doing some of his work, and just felt like his body was in a really good place.
Speaker 2: And he's he's a guy.
Speaker 3: That I think we all see as somebody that can can mentor the next wave of pitchers that come through San Francisco. And yes, I do think that, you know, we we feel like there's still a chance as bad as this year has been this year, that we can be a team that can be in contingent contention.
Speaker 2: Okay, very very interesting stuff.
Speaker 4: And by the way, Tony Vattello went out of his way to say Logan web performed like a leader last night in Texas heid there was a day of pure chaos and Webby calmed everyone down with six shuddy.
Speaker 5: You know what Logan Webb did yesterday? He tasted like some waffle fries from Chick fil A.
Speaker 2: Pretty damn good.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, listen, Kype after a win, Kipe after a trade deadline that reshaped the future of the Giants.
Speaker 7: Next on the Sports Leader KNBR Sports Leader, there's no question we've got the best in the boot. That's why we all mimic his call.
Speaker 2: Time for murphin Marcus catch up with Kite.
Speaker 1: On KNBR one oh four, five am and.
Speaker 4: Six oh yeah, what a day in Giants history. At various times through the years, me and Dwayne have talked and Kipe seg Murph.
Speaker 2: I know you want to play the kid. You want kids Murby. Hey, they did it.
Speaker 4: They traded for a slew of prospects and we'll get Dwayne's take on it.
Speaker 2: Play the Kids, h for Sure.
Speaker 4: Giants twenty twenty six, Trade Lead nine gone, Elliot Ramos to the Yankees, Luis Rise to the Phillies, Robbie Raid to the Padres, Eric Miller to the Reds, Caleb Killian gone, Tyler Mally gone, income, a ton of prospects, including Marcello Meyer, Ramon Marquez a pitcher, Henry Lallani a pitcher, Jeff Kent's son. So many things to talk about, Kype, we got a million things to get to.
Speaker 2: Good morning, How are you hey, morning, Kipe?
Speaker 6: Yeah? What it was kind of a different day yesterday, wasn't it, you know, not a day that any of us are used to. I mean, look, last year, I get it, it was a seller's year. But over the years we've been used to watching Brian Sabian and and that group just be buyers buyers almost every year, and you kind of get used to that because if you're a buyer, that means you're having a good year. And of course we know what type of year it's been this year and in even the last couple of years, but this year when sideways so fast that there's no way to catch up. And if you can't put together a winning streak like the Red Sox did, then you're not gonna You're not gonna be in the thing. And I'm still amazed at how they did that. But anyway, so you know this, when you don't play well and you have a record like they do, you kind of have to expect us, especially if you've got some people that are leaving after the season is over, and they did. No, the unexpected are the guys that you have under control, like Romoson Miller. Uh, that's probably a little bit more unexpected, But I get it. Once you get on a roll and you start acquiring prospects and you start looking into the future, it's probably a good time to start pulling the trigger. And pull the trigger they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I liked all of it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I really just feel like, you know, what we've seen the last five years, including this year, just called for a new change. And you know, we don't know, as Buster himself said, until they do it on a big league field.
Speaker 2: You're dreaming.
Speaker 4: But you certainly have a lot of lottery tickets now to cash in. Was there any one of them that raised your eyebrows the most of all the trades that went down. What one kind of caught your eye the most.
Speaker 6: Probably the infielder from the Red Sox Mayor just because of his his stock. I mean, you know, guys, young guys are not going to all come out of the gate and be like Ronald of Junior Junior was. I mean, that doesn't always happen, and it hasn't happened with this kid. And I know he's getting up now, but I can't wait to see him in a Giant's uniform. And I hope when he's well, they put him right at second base, put him out there. There's a spot open right there. So you know, and if you listen to what the so called experts are out there, and there's a ton of them on TV and you know, on Exit radio, and they all liked what happened yesterday for the Giants, and a lot of them really liked this kid there, so and you know, getting Canaden kids is fun. And then I looked at his numbers and I thought, well, they didn't get him for fun. His numbers are pretty damn good. And then you know, you have to laugh because now you've got a bonds and a kent in the organization.
Speaker 2: Crazy right, And then the other one I liked was.
Speaker 6: The kids from Cuba the short stuff seventeen years old? Is it Janelle or Janelle Hernandez? Bring him on? Maybe you guys are stacked at that position. And I mean they got four or five right now that are all supposed to be really good. Well, add another kid to the less let's see what you can do. So hey, I mean, broadcast team isn't going to be as much fun the rest of this year because you lost some of the people that made the broadcast fun. But I do think our fans will still him out. They've been great fans all year, and I do think they'd get this too.
Speaker 5: Kip, you mentioned two of the controllable contracts that the Giants shred away, one being Eric Miller and the trade with the Red Sox for Marcelo Meyer. Also Elliot rams being shipped out to the Yankees for Kaid And can't you just mentioned in Henry Lalaune, one of the Yankees' top pitching prospects. What do you think it says about this organization, especially in the Elliot Ramas trade, that they would be willing to give up a home grown bat like elliot Ramos do you think they have more confident overall with the offense at the big league level and throughout the minor league system. They're willing to part what they team controllable bat like this to go out and get one of the betting pitching prospects in all of baseball.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I think, Marcus, you have to look what are we getting in return? And all those things you said about Elliott Ramos and all the wonderful things people say about them, they're all true. But if this year is going to be the way it is, why not get a couple of prospects. You have people that you want to see if they can play or not, like Grant McCrae. You know, Gilbert is still out there. I mean, we got some guys coming off the IL and they're not going to play. If Ramos is out there, they know what Ramos can do. So give these kids a shot and then get some people in return.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, last night's lineup was crazy.
Speaker 4: Nate Furman out there, they got they got any Alex Cobb trade. Shout out Farhan, that was an Alex Cobb trade pickup. Grant McCray was out there last night. So I actually to be honest, I was intrigued to watch I know, maybe like, oh, I wanted to see what McCray did. I wanted to see what Furman did, you know type you know, I'm in Ray Reaver, San Martin, you know, bring him on, I want.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I wanted to see what John Lee could do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, enjoyed that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he hits him in bunches, and you know, and web was great. Uh. And I think we're starting to see who your catcher is going to be for a while. Maybe not every day this year, but you're looking down the road. I think they got a good one in Suicide.
Speaker 5: Kuype last night with the Giants making all those moves, treading away six guys from active roster. They actually played a man down last night. Talk to us about some of the challenges that maybe pop up now, not only as a player being uncertain if you're gonna get traded before the deadline, but how much more difficult it is for Tony Vitello and his staff to put together a line for the last night's game when there's so much uncertainty leading them to the deadline.
Speaker 6: Well, because you don't remember when rosters were twenty five, I mean, they were a twenty five man roster for a long long time and then just recently they've jumped it up a couple. So you know, it's not that tough for a manager. I mean, unless you get involved in an extrating game and you know, you start looking down the bench and maybe you can't pinch it when you should. You know, maybe if you do pinch hit, you're an infielders short of where to put them. Uh. But bottom line is is after you trade that many people, I think any manager is going to be you know, they're going to have a long, long leash as to what he can do or can't do. But I don't think it was that big of a deal.
Speaker 4: Logan Webb with a great performance last night to calm everything down. Tony Tellis said, a pure chaos. He threw six shutout Giants get the win five to one. Talking to Kype, Giants do go back at it tonight. Interestingly enough, Blade Tidwell scheduled to start part of this whole makeover that we're seeing, but Cap I wanted to do one thing that was kind of fun here. I know you are an ardent listener to the Murf and Marcus Show and we appreciate you. Did you hear Jeff Kent on with us last week?
Speaker 6: God? How did I miss that? Well?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 4: So do you mind if we play a little he We actually asked him about Caden Kent, not knowing at all that Cayden Kent was gonna get traded to the Giants. We were just having a nice conversation with him. I looked up his son's numbers. I said, hey, your kid's putting up decent numbers in high A. Do I want to play this for you because you'll get a kick in just some classic Jeff Kent. This is Jeff Kent's analysis of his own son on our show last week.
Speaker 2: Take a listen.
Speaker 8: I've beat him up enough where he is. His power numbers are are okay, he's not big power numbers, but his strikeap, the walk ratio is okay for the minor league. But you look at a lot of kids in the minor leagues and they're hitting two forty going to the big leagues. I told Kayden, if he goes kids two forty, I'm gonna fill him. He's got to hit. He's got to stay in that three hundred range. At one time he was hitting three point fifty. Another time he was hitting two eighty so, and I want him to move the ball around the field drive in runs. He was hitting leadoffs and driving in a bunch of runs, and he's doing a good job of doing that. I still don't know what kind of hitter he's gonna be. He's not gonna be a big power guy.
Speaker 6: The kids.
Speaker 8: The kid loves the game. And as I said in my feet, I'm I'm he loves the game more than I did at his age. And that's scary. But he's doing a good job. And I'm proud that I get to stand back and watch a kid work and uh and get to throw cents and every now and then too.
Speaker 2: What do you think of that?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, if it if you just said who is this and I didn't know, I mean, you know right away that it was Jeff Kent and uh, and you know we always described Kent when he was a player. Is you know the you're driving down I five to LA and you can stop by the highway patrol and that top comes to your window and he's got the mirrored glasses. That's him. Now. Now, now figure a couple of boys being raised by that guy. Uh, so I don't think there's any doubt that this kid is tough and uh and his dad made him tough, but uh, but it the fact that he loves the game as much as he does and he comes from good stock. You might see that kid in the big leagues, and then I don't think that would surprise anybody. Kipe.
Speaker 5: With the addition of Caden King, Joni l Hernandez, who you brought up, and Marcelo Meyer, that now makes a pretty loaded pharm system of middle infielders. You look at Josh Wargenzalez, Loui Hernandez, Johnny Lolevell, all teenagers. Gavin Keeling was a first round pick a couple of years ago out of Tennessee. Is it a problem to have too many infielders or do you think the versatility is there for maybe these guys that climb the rankings at other positions throughout the organization.
Speaker 6: Hey, listen, I don't think it's that long ago. I told this story. We going to Cleveland two years ago and Stephen Vote comes over, because you know, he knows everybody to dugout, And as he was walking away, he turned around and he looked at I think Hobby and I were sitting there and he said, guys, we're start eating seven short steps today. And you know, we were like, hey, good one order of good job. Way to go. And then we turned around and we went upstairs and looked even out of the nine guys that played short at some point. So if that's an example of it, If you can play short, it's likely you can move around and play just about anywhere. And it is such a valued position that if you've got if you've got a great one playing at the big league level, another backup one wouldn't be a bad idea, and any other ones that you have will bring you some really good players in return if you decide to trade him. And maybe that's what they do.
Speaker 4: Giants, maybe starting seven short stops in twenty twenty eight. Who does It's pretty fun something now, I mean, listen, it's good enough.
Speaker 2: For Steven Vote.
Speaker 4: And speaking of which, Kype, when we talk about this trade deadline, Marcus and I were saying this earlier in the show, we have to throw Patrick Bailey in there too. I mean, that's a major piece that they traded earlier this year.
Speaker 2: Think about that. Now they've traded.
Speaker 4: Bailey, Ramos, Eric Miller Robbie Ray Luis Rise. So this guy Buster, you know, he's getting knocked by so many fans because the lost record is bad. And that's fair, right, the what you are, what your record says you are. But man oh man man kive, I don't ever remember, and you mentioned Sabian buying, but even that, I don't remember any GM being this active.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 6: The last time it was this active was when Brian made the big trade that brought Kent over in three or four other guys, and that was for Matt Williams and maybe somebody else. I think that you know there was I think Brian made one in ninety seven with the White Sox. Think he got her Hernandez was one of the relievers, and Danny Darwin might have been in that deal. And there was a starter, a left Tanny starter. But as far as number of people traded, I don't believe this has ever happened in the organization. You may have gotten some volume back, but this is this is really something. So speaking of Patrick Bailey, did you guys cover the story with the Diamondbacks and the Guardians where the Williams pitcher from Cleveland had a no hitter.
Speaker 4: We didn't cover because we were at Santa Clara yesterday doing all Niners, but we definitely saw it over the weekend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it was a couple of days ago when Tim Tawa tried to bunt. Yeah. Yeah, it was great because now the managers come out of their face to face and teams out there. But guests who broke up the scrum old pat ground screw, not the ground screw. They couldn't put the tarp on the field because it was raining so hard that uh that the heads ground crew guy broke everybody up. But actually Patrick Bailey waited for twa because he butted the ball foul and h and approached him as soon as he got the home plate and he looked at him and you could read his lips. He said, what the heck are you? Tweets And it's a great baseball discussion, it really is. It was a two to nothing score. I think think Guy's got a wreck to bud ooh part of his game. Ooh gotcha because I budded. I don't know if I'd have done it there, especially if somebody out of the mind was angry enough to throw it at you. But anyway, I just thought it was interested, and Patrick Bailey was in the middle of it, and I think he actually hadn't win that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what's interesting, And I'll just throw this out there. I don't know what war is wins above replacement. The stack came around fifteen years ago. People start throwing it at me. I don't know, but you use it in an argument when it helps you. Here's an interesting stat because it includes defense. Daniel Sussak's war for twenty twenty six is actually higher than Patrick Bailey's.
Speaker 2: That crazy zero point eight to zero point three.
Speaker 6: I not obviously not aware of that, and I am surprised by that, but I'll stand by what I said. This kid's going to be really really good. Su Sac Sue Sack's gonna be really really good good.
Speaker 9: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that they didn't trade him, they kept him. Oh, man, kve what a day, man, What a crazy, crazy, crazy day. And we've been to tell you what easy show for us.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: People are less stacked up calling in and texting in, so we got a lot to get to. So enjoy your Tuesday night baseball Giants, Rangers. And see this kid Blade Tidwell, see what he does and uh and then we'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 6: And by the way, m yes, they will compete next year. Okay.
Speaker 2: I told you I wasn't gonna bitch, and I'm not. And only am I not bitching. I'm actually pretty excited.
Speaker 6: They will compete next year for a wildcard spot.
Speaker 2: Well, Kyve, we want baseball next year, no matter what.
Speaker 6: I forgot about that, right, but tell me there's going to be baseball next year, now, ticked off?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, your buddy, Marvin Miller.
Speaker 6: The thing in LA didn't help the sole situation.
Speaker 2: No it didn't. It's going to affect that, You're right, affect.
Speaker 6: It those you know, those middle market teams. You know they they were dug in and I think they dug in a little deeper. Now we'll see what happens. It makes me sick to think something could happen, but we've seen it before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's not worry about Le's just try to enjoy blade. Ted well tonight, So thanks, Kyle, be good next week. Dwayne Kuiper Every Tuesday on the Sports Leader, got the big hit coming up. We've been doing it all morning long, total phone call day. Stack it up, eightaway, Cambiar put curly to work. We do see the text on the Golden Saint Lemmern Show text nine. But what do you guys think Probably the biggest trade deadline day by volume in Giants San Francisco Giants history.
Speaker 7: Eight Away CAMBYR is the phone number. How you feeling on the Sports Leader sports Leader? This is the big hit sponsored by Benjamin Moore Paints. Experience the Benjamin More retail Difference at our independently owned authorized retailers today or at Benjamin Moore dot com. Murphinmarcus continued live from the Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpot Studios. Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpots are here. Where are you just drop in one eight hundred gambler?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I actually can't characterize it with how you want. I wouldn't necessarily say a rebuild. I mean, obviously we move some some six major league players off of our roster today. I guess the messages we're not satisfied with the way that we've played this year in the last few years, and we're trying everything we can to to continue to build a product that we can all be, you know, excited to come and watch. And that was really the goal and this is can we even if we have to subtract a little bit, now, can we potentially add some players that we think are are going to be excited about and hopefully wear a Giants uniform for a long time.
Speaker 4: There it is buster posey with the topic of the day and the topic of the really the month, because the Giants with a full makeover.
Speaker 2: No, we can't call it a fire.
Speaker 4: Sale because they didn't trade Logan Web, Jung Huli or any of the big three. Dev's a Dominsion Chapman. But we're calling it a firesal. Perhaps drop the he some saying a garage sale, some saying a makeover where you keep two walls and pay less in permit fees. But something changed with the Giants yesterday. It's all we've been talking about. At eight oh eight Cambyr's the phone number. It's been a caller's day.
Speaker 2: Stack them up.
Speaker 4: Eight oh eight Camby our old school call day, Golden State Lumber and showIn text line four and five eight oh eight, five six two seven. Of course you are listening to camberr MCAMBR FM, Servi School the Sports Leader, a Cumulus Media station. Me Marcus, I'm in, I've wanted this for a long time, dating back to the twenty seventeen eighteen Samarja Cuato Longoria days when they were trying to keep hope alive and just kind of spinning their wheels. And now here we are again, and they in the devers of Damas Chapman days. And no, they didn't move any of those guys, But man, oh man, did they stack the farm system two years in a row now, and with a good draft pick last or two first round draft picks just last month. Giants right now are looking way more promising for twenty twenty eight, twenty nine, twenty thirty than they have at any point in the twenty twenties.
Speaker 2: For sure. Now the question to you, guys is is that too long to wait?
Speaker 4: Are you guys thinking it's just all hopes and dreams and lottery tickets and you'd rather see Shohey Otani and Freddie Freeman in orange and black? But man Oman between the Ramon Marquez acquisition from the Phillies, which Buster Posey went out of.
Speaker 2: His way to highlight, Henry L.
Speaker 4: Lane of the Yankees and Miguel Mendez of the Padres, all acquired in the Robbie Ray Elliott Ramos and Luisa Ris trades. There are those in the industry saying the Giants got three legitimate starting position prospects to go with Jackson Flora and Carson Bowman and Wacht and tug Boat Wilkinson. Don't forget Pat Bailey as part of this trade deadline stuff too.
Speaker 2: That happened in May. So listen.
Speaker 4: One texter said, the only reason you'd be trading away for prospects is if you did a terrible job building this year's team. All true, but believe me, we've been saying that all year. Yeah, Marcus, give me a laugh track here. We've been saying it all year. Just ask the Giants, right. So, I mean, nobody's excusing the twenty twenty sixteen but we are saying, when you're giving chicken blank, try to make chicken salad, give me some chicken salad. I feel like there's at least the makings for a chicken salad.
Speaker 5: And Murph, circling back to your opening statement, it's not just a topic of today, the topic of the last couple of weeks. It feels like this has been a topic all season long for the Giants, since opening night.
Speaker 2: And I know immediately it wasn't that bad.
Speaker 5: But this has been a bad baseball team with a bad bullten and not that great of a rotation. So you can call this a rebuild, a retool, you can call it whatever the hell you want. I call it actually doing something. I call it being active at this trade deadline, because it was one of our biggest complaints about the prior regime, about holding onto guys like Blake Snell, like Carlos Rodin pieces that you knew were walking away on expiring contracts and getting absolutely nothing for a return. That's why we've been talking about the topic of trading away Luisa Rice as much as we all love them, treading away Robbie Ray, who might have been maybe one of four Hunt's best moves, Flitcher flipping Mitch Hanneger to get Robby Ray, and now flipping him for a couple of prospects from the Padre system for a rental. Then you go on even beyond the rentals and moving on from a guy like Tyler Mallley, treadingway Elliott Ramos and getting two top fifteen prospects from the Yankees, treading away Eric Miller, a bullpen arm for Marcelo Meyer, who might be one of the potential biggest steals of this trade deadline. This is the guy that's been widely regarded as a top fifteen, top twenty prospect in all of baseball for the last three four years. A guy that a lot of Boston Red Sox fans thought that they were gonna build the future of this franchise around, hasn't really shown it at the big league level. Is currently dealing with an injury right now. But that's one hell of a by low move for me for our left handed bullpen arm. It's a move that you need to make. And it feels like they've really replenished his farm system over the last couple of months when you look at what they've done through the trade deadline and also through the MLB.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we're in agreement here on this. I mean, this is needed to be done, and he did it, and then some man trade Elliott Ramas. You know what's interesting to mean Ramos.
Speaker 4: Ramos's departure hasn't torn up Giants fans as much as I thought.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's forever Giant.
Speaker 4: He goes back to the Bobby Evans they got him in twenty eighteen, He was the guy they brought into the dugout like Jackson Flora.
Speaker 5: You know, yeah, I mean he was the first home grown outfilled All Star since Chili Davis High School. He was the first ever right handed hitter to hit a splash hit in some COVID cove. Elliott Ramos, a guy that a lot of people labeled a bust at age twenty two, twenty three, twenty four, had a breakout season at age twenty five, turned into an All Star, and now you're able to move him for a couple of prospects just a few years later.
Speaker 4: In fact, Ramos and Casey Schmid are two examples as to why you should be hopeful that Marcello Meyer could do something. He's only twenty three years old. He's only he had two hundred and five Big League at bats. They say the glove is there. He has been injury prone Red Sox fans, but Red Sox fans were in their feelings. They were very attached to this guy. Now, again, we know not every prospect pans out. As I was just saying to my good friend Marco Luciano, although is he putting up numbers on the.
Speaker 2: Way He's hitting over three hundred the Yankees right.
Speaker 5: Now, another example of somebody who took some time right, but the Giants were not patient enough, and next thing you know, you're running out of options and making that decision to move on from a guy like Marco Luciano, just like the Red Sox are now moving on from Marcelo.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Tons of reaction on the Golden State lumber and showroom text line and calls eight away came back.
Speaker 2: If you guys want to check in? Five one no, said Brian and Marcus. Let him call me Brian. Hey, what's Brian and Bobby?
Speaker 4: I am so stoked about these giants move. It's about time. Oh this is Niner head Rick. Now, this farm system is going to get strong, and that's how they should be building this thing, especially in the pitching department.
Speaker 2: Great job, buster, Zach and company. This Niner Headrick six five us is.
Speaker 4: All these trades are good, but let's hope the Giants are able to develop these prospects.
Speaker 2: It is key, that is the one thing, the key. Four one four.
Speaker 4: Rado says Eric Miller couldn't throw strike one to save his life.
Speaker 2: I've got trouble with strike two and strike three.
Speaker 4: Sometimes nine one six says I hear you, Murph, but how many prospects that we've been talking about for years now? Luciano, wizen Hunt, Matos, the list, the list goes on a rise, wanted to stay, extend him well nine six and the first of all, Rid's gonna hit the market.
Speaker 2: Bro, He's gonna hit the market. I don't think, Luisa Rise.
Speaker 6: Nine.
Speaker 4: To your point about the Luciano's, the wizen Hunts and the Matos is, first of all, wizzen Hunts still has hope and a chance to be good.
Speaker 2: And second of all, that's why you flood the zone with prospects.
Speaker 4: Yes, some are not going to work out, but if you flood the zone, some are simply the law of averages here Uhi three says this is more of a storage unit, auction storage trash that someone else might want. Also, the Giants are one of the richest teams. They shouldn't be competing for wild cards. They should be competing for the division.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the TV show Storage Wars. Is that dall over there?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 4: And nine says after the trade for Camilla de Val, I'm surprised the Yankees even took our call.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, Camillo is now a Pittsburgh Piray and the Giants where we get Hajesus Rodriguez and Parks Harbor back plus more in that trade package last year. It's looking like back to back years where Buster in the front office have gotten pretty good trade returns from the Yankees four and.
Speaker 4: Five says, I'm so excited about these trades. I'll see you guys at the ballpark in twenty thirty if we're still alive.
Speaker 2: I suppose that's a cynical take there, for.
Speaker 4: Ray says, is a tribute to this year's Giants team, have a tribute of the producers at the current theater.
Speaker 2: People still remember the current theater.
Speaker 4: Eight three one says Giants fans that are pissed because they're going to suck now and it's too long to wait need to realize they've been teetering around twenty under five hundred for more than a year.
Speaker 2: You got to hope you hit on some of these young guys.
Speaker 4: In trust player development five three zero says this is the best the pharm system has been in a long time. Farhunt's inability to build the farm was his biggest failure. It's impressive what Buster has done. Seven oh seven says, does trading ramas open up left for Schmidt and Marcella Meyer can slide into second full time?
Speaker 2: That's a question.
Speaker 4: Seven oh seven says it's not a full rebuild. It's more like the Giants put up a pardon our dust sign while they remodel. Nineteen five says I think it's good the Giants management did something. I hate to see some of these people go, but we got to make something change and hopefully things will be more exciting than last year.
Speaker 2: I saw that in spring training for the first time. Sawba Sabe. He's an exciting player. I saw Basabe too.
Speaker 6: Brother.
Speaker 4: We had another nice night last night. The Sabe bro Babe Bi save doing his thing all right. We got calls, Marcus, We got calls. Todd in Fresno is first up. Todd, you're on with Murphy and Marcus.
Speaker 6: What do you think?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 2: The floor is yours. Hey, what's up?
Speaker 6: Todd?
Speaker 10: Love love being lead off here.
Speaker 4: Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 6: There's just an inability to develop.
Speaker 11: They need to start looking at and I've said this before with other guys, they need to start looking at what Tampa Bay does.
Speaker 12: Because Tampa Bay over the last ten years is one hundred games over five hundred Jeeze Giants are forty games below five hundred with one hundred and seven win season in that group.
Speaker 6: Wow. So it's great they got these prospects. But to the developments mark because Luciano?
Speaker 11: Is it because the Giants were impatient or maybe somebody was able to develop them and give them information that's going to allow him to be good?
Speaker 6: I echo Eric Burns was going off yesterday.
Speaker 11: I echo him, you got a right handed pitcher, the most common thing you could get for an elite hitter.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but I listen.
Speaker 4: I love Burns, you, but I cannot understand for the life of me why he didn't understand the simple math here. The contract was expiring and he wasn't going to re sign before testing the market.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's about the contract.
Speaker 11: It's about are you getting elite guys? I mean this mayor guy great I pulled up his minor league says, you never had one hundred hits.
Speaker 2: In a season, Marcella Meyer, you never had a yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Well we talked. We we know the fact that we know his bio, but that's not who they got for the for a rise. They got Ramon Marquez.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess the question is, would you rather have nothing in return for Luisa Rice walking away this offseason?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean that's that's a good question.
Speaker 11: Or would you rather build with guys that could flat out play?
Speaker 4: Well, here's the pro here's the math problem. And I love Burns, but don't you and Todd Todd and Burnsey. He wasn't gonna re sign without testing the market, and somebody was gonna go give him more.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you had a chance to resign him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So you have two.
Speaker 10: Schools of thought, We're gonna buy a team or we're going to develop a team. If you look at the Dodgers farm system, there's still an last farm system when developing players, and they're still buying players.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I mean, listen, we talked about the Dodgers. The Dodgers' economic profile versus any other team in Major League Baseball is totally different. First of all, they colonize the nation of Japan. Second of all, there is that strange bankruptcy ruling that got after them, a court thing that allows them to play with more money and flat out gigantic market. They've done a brilliant job. They've left twenty nine teams in the dust, including the Yankees, you know what I mean. So now I'm forever going to disagree with you and Burnssey on the Rise one. And if yeah, I know, he's a righty. You know who else was alrighty? Matt Cain and tim Linsecomb, they were righties.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: Johnn Fuscho was already, Jason Schmidt was alrighty. I mean, you know, I mean that's I'm not going to denigrate a picture because he's a right now.
Speaker 5: No, And I think it just comes down to the fact that Luisa Rise was on an expiring contract, just like Robbie Ray. This is the same situation we just went through it Blake SNeW and Carlos Rodon and many others who walked away with absolutely nothing in return. The Giants still have the possibility if they want to shell at some money this offseason and maybe give out a pitch to bring Louise Rise back, but they were not going to work out a contract extension this season, which is why you make a move when you're eighteen games under five hundred. Anyway, Todd will agree to disagreebody, Thanks for the call. We appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Bruce, and Palo Alto is next, Bruce, Good morning, all right, man.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, hey guys.
Speaker 9: I like the deals that were made, and I've seen the trade grades from a publication like the Athletic. They're all a's or a MIAs is, except for maybe the Tyler Marley trade.
Speaker 6: But so that's all good. I looked at this.
Speaker 9: If I was talking old Harry Bears, I'd call it a refresh. If need to still on, call it a rebuild. But the reason I called though, is because a relief pitcher is something, A major league relief pitcher something I was hoping they would acquire yesterday. And there were a couple of guys, Zephyr John of the Angels, who's got almost fourteen k's per nine, and Brazil Bond of the Mets, who went in deals, and yeah, it would have cost something, would probably cost one of their terrific young outfielders in the minor leagues, maybe a pitcher. But don't you think that going into next season, the buster, he's going to have to he's under the gun now between a rock and a heart. Place to bring in an established reliever, you can't count on Rodriguez coming back from a serious injury as being the guy right from the get go.
Speaker 6: What do you guys think about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bruce, thanks for the call, man, appreciate because we've got to get the Inntebagul into a second now. I think you're right, certainly, but picking up one of those major league ready relievers right now would be a win move. And I think what we're learning is they ain't gonna win now. They're planning for twenty eight, twenty nine, thirty. That's the fact of the matter is. And so some of these guys they picked up, whether it's Miguel Mendez, or whether it's Anthony Molina, or whether it's you know, some of these Marty Jaiere are hoped for bullpen arms down the road. So I think picking up a major league ready reliever now would be more of a win now move. The Giants aren't looking to win now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Bryce, or excuse me, Bruce is correct. There's no question the Giants need to address or bullpen issues next season. They're just not in a position to make an offer to add a reliever that can help them win right now. Yes, Randy Rodrigue should make his return. Jose Boutel as well. They need more help. They just could not make that type of deal. They weren't buyers, they were seld They're gonna have.
Speaker 2: To spend in the market.
Speaker 4: Will be expensive, but they're gonna have to And yeah, correct, that remains a thing for sure. All right, listen, look at the clock. We got Andy Bagley got the expert view from the press box. This guy, you know, man, he wrote a really scathing piece over the weekend about how the Giants have handled their pitching this year, calling out Vitello message and Frank Anderson, we can talk to him about that and does he think that the Giants did enough to stock their pitching prospects?
Speaker 7: Next on These Sports Leader JMBRB Sports Leader