Speaker 1: It's the John Phillips Show. Johnny is on vacation, he's back on Monday. It's Randy Wang here and the phone number to join us is eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two. You can email us at Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny Don't Like Show at gmail dot com and search for the John Phillips Show wherever you get your podcasts. I just put up the one o'clock Hour, which included our interview with Fox eleven's Marlteis. So check it out, share it with your friends, with your family, and even though I've only got one more hour here. I do a show on our Southern California station every day from five to six, So if you're in the Bay you can give it a listen by going to KABC dot com. And if you're in Southern California, well just stay tuned right here at five o'clock. It comes on right after Frank Botech, the KABC News Blitz or the News Blitz with Randy Wang. Whatever the name of the show is, it's my show, so enjoy it. Rob Bonta, the Attorney General from California is quite a clicher.
Speaker 2: Every type of leadership is about meeting the moment and rising to the occasion.
Speaker 3: And this is what's required.
Speaker 2: And so we're stepping up and getting it done.
Speaker 1: And Rob Bonta held a press conference in San Diego with District Attorney Summer Stepan to announce a massive bust, a massive operation arresting over one hundred people for soliciting prostitution. That's right, it's time to crack down on it. Let's hear what happened. Here's a report from CBS eight in San Diego that.
Speaker 4: The message was clear that human beings are not for.
Speaker 3: Sale except on OnlyFans.
Speaker 5: That's the message behind a major six day sex trafficking operation that resulted in over one hundred arrests here in San Diego County.
Speaker 1: My goodness, that's how many per day. I can't do that kind of math. I went to LUSD. That's quite a lot. And that's just in San Diego. This ran multiple counties, although not Los Angeles County because we didn't hear about any arrest. We didn't hear Rob Bont's task force going to Larchmont or Figueroa. But they were in I'm guessing Barrio Logan.
Speaker 5: Good evening.
Speaker 6: I'm Steffi Rosch, I'm Carlo Chickeeto. State and local law enforcement announced the results of a coordinated multi agency sweep today targeting pimps and their customers.
Speaker 1: Oh, Johnny's got to like that. They didn't say John's CBSA.
Speaker 5: It's Richard Allen is here with more on this targeted enforcement and help being offered to the victims.
Speaker 7: Richard and Steffi and Carlo. This nearly week long operation, involving more than a dozen law enforcement agencies, led to one hundred and twenty arrests statewide, the vast majority of them right here in San Diego County.
Speaker 3: And why is that?
Speaker 7: Including arrests known sex trafficking hotspots in the City of San Diego, National City, Santi and San Marcos.
Speaker 2: Let's be clear, human trafficking is happening in our communities, behind closed doors and in plain sight.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, we're well aware of that it's happening. There are news reports about it constantly. In fact, legislation from Scott Wiener pretty much decriminalized the act of street walking.
Speaker 7: Speaking in San Diego today, California Attorney General Rob Bonta also made it clear that law enforcement is focusing on those driving the demand for sex trafficking, including the sex buyers and the pimps.
Speaker 3: There you go, but is that going to stop it? Probably not.
Speaker 1: Look, there are some things where I don't know how you get rid of the demand for considering the tendencies of stupid young men. Maybe when the robots take off and you know, you can just legally buy your own sex robot, maybe this will all tamp down. But there is a need out there, and unfortunately that need is going to be fulfilled unless we decide to either really crack down on it or go the other way.
Speaker 2: Our strategy is straightforward, reduce demand, disrupt trafficking networks, and protect survivors.
Speaker 7: Operations Stand on Demand, which took place from January nineteenth through the twenty fourth, led to eighty seven people arrested for loitering, twenty five for solicitation, and eight for pimping and pandering.
Speaker 3: They got eight pimps off the streets.
Speaker 1: The rest of them the people who solicited, the people who were loitering and waiting around for the street walkers. I gotta imagine they got a ticket. I'll learn them. I don't know if San Diego County does Dear John letters, but they're starting to do that up here in La.
Speaker 7: Of that one hundred and twenty total rests one hundred and five, we're here in San Diego County.
Speaker 4: One hundred and five. People who thought that they.
Speaker 1: Were going to go out, you can say, men, I don't think any women were up and down the streets of Barrio Logan looking for a prostitute.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: Who thought that they were going to go out and buy a human being like they're a hamburger or a slice of pizza.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's a weird, weird, weird thing that we can talk about how morally outrageous that this is, that this persists. But we facilitate this because sure, we have these occasional operations where we crack down heavily on the street walking where we know it's happening some neighborhoods. We don't.
Speaker 3: They say they're cracking down on the Figure Corridor. They're not. We heard about everything going on in Larchmont Village. They're not.
Speaker 1: We heard about all this stuff going on in Cap Street in San Francisco. Where the answer was well build barrios, so cars can't get in there. Outside the churches and the schools in Oakland, outside of the homeless encampments of International Boulevard. We know about all that, and there's the occasional bust. But you know what we also know of. And this is why I just don't believe this state when they say they want to take this issue seriously. There are a lot of licensed businesses where these kinds of transactions are taking place every single day, and we've all seen them, We've all driven past them, and for some reason, our cities, our counties, and our states just like to have that business tax revenue. But there are more massage parlors in Los Angeles than people in need of a massage. I'm not talking about Burke Williams. I'm not talking about Glen Ivy. I'm not talking about ten thousand Waves, the spa that I hung out at in Santa Fe last week. No, no, no, no no, I'm talking about the Strip Mall massage parlor. You've seen them everywhere. They usually have a flashing sign that says open, because you know, people really love to get lower back massages at eleven o'clock at night. They've got iron bars on the windows, and they usually have some nonsensical name. Johnny loves to use the joke they're called Yum Yum number two, but you've heard them seven days massage, all day massage. They are usually occupied in a strip mall that might also have, I don't know, a smoke shop, another hot bed for illegal activity.
Speaker 3: I'm just sorry.
Speaker 1: Maybe i'm generalizing, but for the amount of smoke shops that we have, which you would think, oh, are places where people go to buy tobacco. No, it's where you go to buy bongs, probably things that you're not supposed to buy, like kratom and all kinds of legally dubious substances.
Speaker 3: What was that thing that was something? Was this thing that used to be.
Speaker 1: Able to buy at headshops, at smoke shops, and it wasn't pot, and it wasn't synthetic pot, although that was allowed there too. But you also had this weird thing, this spice thing that you could buy that you could only buy there, that you could smoke and it would instantly give you a headache. Look, maybe it's generalizing, but I think the vast majority of smoke shops are fronts for either criminal organizations, or they're just straight up selling things they're not supposed to, but we allow it because we need that business tax revenue. In fact, there's a strip mall near my home, which I'll tell you that I don't live in that good of a neighborhood. There are four units in this tiny little strip mall. One of them is a bakery that went out of business, one of them has been vacant for over a year, one of them's a massage parlor, and one of them's a smoke shop. It is nothing but a hotbed of activity that is legally dubious and semi ethical because we all know what goes on at all of those massage parlors. There's no legitimate healing going on there. There's a term that I cannot use on the radio. I'd like to because it's a funny name, but I cannot use it. But that is what the vast majority of those places are, and the cities know this because the cities collect business taxes from them. So if you really wanted to take this issue seriously and including a lot of those, you're talking about a lot of people that were literally sent here in shipping containers like the Wire in season two where there is a lot of sex slavery going on. Look, if we wanted to take it seriously outside of these occasional bus on Sexual Trafficking Awareness Month, we would be shutting down those establishments left and right. But here's the thing. If you shut down all of the smoke shops and you shut down all of the massage parlors, who's going to rent out the spaces in these strip malls. Now, maybe it's time to get rid of the strip malls. And that's where you could start redeveloping and building housing instead of tearing down single family homes. Another conversation for another day. But it's just always weird to me how it's so obvious what some of these businesses are and yet we're profiting off of it. Now, you could also go in the complete other way on this, because I'm a man who is starting to travel the world. I have been to other places where, well, this specific industry that we're talking about has been legalized and regulated.
Speaker 3: You don't have to go too far to see this.
Speaker 1: You can go over to perumpt, Nevada, to the Chicken ranch or the Buddy Ranch. We used to have that guy Dennis Hoff on the radio station all the time, and I remember when he used to show up at my original radio station, the FM Talk station in Los Angeles. He would drop off booty passes, which was like a thousand dollars gift certificate that bought you, well, it bought you an hour of you know what. But yeah, that industry, which is illegal and we're cracking down on here, is legal and regulated pretty much everywhere outside of Las Vegas and Nevada. You go south to Tijuana, they actually have a regulated industry. You go to where I spent part of my holidays at, I didn't go to these establishments, but I definitely walked past it. Amsterdam is famous for a lot of things, including the red Light District, and in the red Light District, it is a regulated prostitution experience where there are everyone who's doing it is licensed, they are checked, they have to there are specific rules they have to deal with. There are no pimps involved. These are independent contractors that are willfully making a living doing this. And there are plenty of tourists that are like, hey, look at the lady in the window. I don't know what the right answer is, but what I do know is you can either fully crack down on this, which includes getting a lot tougher on the purchases of sex trafficking the Johns, Sorry, Johnny, we can actually make.
Speaker 3: That a felony right now.
Speaker 1: It's a felony if it's a minor, but if they're an adult, it doesn't matter what the situation is. It's a ticket and that doesn't seem to be doing it. So we could go that way, but we could also go the other way. I don't know what the right answer is. I will say you didn't see any street walking in Amsterdam because there's a very specific place where this thing is done and it is very very regulated.
Speaker 4: Victims can be any age, any gender, in any background.
Speaker 7: Sureff. Kelly Martinez also points out that cooperation among agencies is critical to combating trafficking, which, according to the DA's office, is an eight hundred and ten million dollar in a year industry in San Diego County alone.
Speaker 1: WHOA what is going on in San Diego County? And look, is there a deeper question as to why so many, I mean men of all ages participate in this? But I would argue it's mostly young men, and we have got a crisis with young men these days where and this is a real statistic of all people. Gavin Newsome talks about this a lot. It's like thirty percent of men under thirty have never asked a woman out on a date. There is a weird situation going on where this is what they do to fulfill their needs.
Speaker 3: So you know, when the robots take over, everything will be okay.
Speaker 4: Our border location, major highways, tourism, and the military presence make regional collaboration essential.
Speaker 1: Wait, so is that why it's so high in San Diego because it's where a lot of soldiers live.
Speaker 8: That's stereotyping, no buyers, no trafficking.
Speaker 7: Marissa Ugarte is executive director of the nonprofit Bilateral Safety Corridor Coalition, which fights human trafficking on both sides of the border. She says operations like this focusing on curbing the demand for trafficking is crucial to sending a clear message.
Speaker 8: Is that you're going to be arrested, You're going to have a fellon me, especially if you are caught with a miner.
Speaker 1: Well only if you're caught with a miner, otherwise it's a ticket. So again, if we want to take this issue seriously, right now, the punishment for committing this actor. Maybe it doesn't have to be prison time. Maybe it has to be public shaming. Maybe we need billboards, we need good old fashioned scarlet letters.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 8: So buyers beware, pimps beware.
Speaker 1: This is just something legitimately funny about the word pimp. But yeah, those are the worst of the worst.
Speaker 7: Adding that in her experience, trafficking victims can be as young as twelve years old.
Speaker 8: You have recruitment in malls, you have them in schools, you have them in restaurants.
Speaker 7: Law enforcement also making it clear that more operations like this most recent one are coming.
Speaker 9: This isn't the end, this is the beginning.
Speaker 7: And if you're planning to lurk in our communities, you need to know we're going to be there.
Speaker 1: And that's all great, and I'm glad that they made so many busts in the span of a week, mostly in San Diego County, But again, if the only thing that the John's are getting is a ticket, is that really a deterrent?
Speaker 7: And law enforcement was also able to use a new state law that just went into effect January first to carry out some of these arrests. Maybe three seventy nine, which was sponsored by District Attorney Summer Stephan and Mayor Todd Gloria, makes it a misdemeanor to loiter with the intent to buy sex and also makes it a felony to solicit sex from someone who is sixteen or seventeen years old.
Speaker 1: So wait, it wasn't even a misdemeanor until this year. Let alone, it's a felony. Obviously it's a minor. But you remember how much of a fight that was in Sacramento, Richard.
Speaker 6: One thing that kind of jumped out in that story to me, California is a big state. One hundred and twenty arrests, one hundred and five were in San Diego. Did they say why so many were arrests were made here?
Speaker 7: We are sort of a nexus, sort of a hot spot for this activity, unfortunately, I mean, and there's a lot of factors, and Sheriff Martinez kind of pointed it out with our location to the border, our military presence, our presidence of the major highway systems here were a major tourist destination. So all of that together makes us unfortunately a hotspot for human traffic.
Speaker 1: And it's so weird that they keep bringing up, well, we have all the military basis, so that's why.
Speaker 6: And the Attorney General mentioned the importance of helping out the survivors of sex traffics, right, what kind of resources are out there for victims?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, he made it very point. He said a lot of times, too often the victims are treated as criminals and not as victims, which they are. And there are a lot of resources locally and nationally. There are three family Justice centers here in San Diego County, there's the Bilateral Safety Corridor Coalition, who we interviewed. There's the National Human Trafficking Hotline away of Lincoln.
Speaker 1: And look, there is definitely, you know, some horrific things going on there. There is sex slavery, there are miners being trafficked. But there are also people doing this of their own accord. There are also people who are willingly put walking up and down those streets that willingly go into this. Maybe it's a financial reason, what have you. But they're not all fully victims. Now do they become victimized and they get taken over by the pimp and there is a you know, real you know, there are some real problems going on there. Yes, but It's also again the things that we decide are morally outrageous. It's funny because if two people exchange money to perform an act, that's against the law. But you can pay two people to perform that act on camera and that's legal. How that industry was born in the San Fernando Valley. You can have an OnlyFans account where people can subscribe to you to do all kinds of things, including occasionally inviting a subscriber to join you, and somehow that's legal. So look, I think we either got to go down one road here, but we got to stick to it. Do you think we need to crack down further on prostitution in California make soliciting prostitution of any age a felony? Or do you think it's time to go the other way and go full Amsterdam and legalize and regulate this industry. What say you give us a call eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two. Would you like to see California crack down even further on prostitution and sex trafficking? Or should we screw it, legalize and regulate the industry? Cut the pimps out of the game because the prostitutes can be independent contractors. What do you think legalize it or crack down further? Eight hundred two two two five two two two. California Attorney General rom Banta announced over one hundred arrests in San Diego County for solicitation of prostitution. But because of California laws, unless they were a minor, these guys are only getting a ticket. So do you think we need to crack down even further on solicitation of prostitution making it a felony or should we go full Amsterdam and just legalize and regulate this never ending demand industry.
Speaker 3: What say you?
Speaker 1: There's no wrong answer here eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email us, you could do so at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. Al writes in fun fact from World War Two. During the war, prostitutes around military basis complain a teenage girls who were khaki wacky. We're giving it away and severely cutting into their business. I bet Shang likes that, so let's hear from her.
Speaker 10: That's right.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 10: That is amazing.
Speaker 1: And by the way, we're going to Gladstone's in Long Beach on Friday, February sixth. How exciting is this. We're heading to Gladstones in Long Beach for our next live broadcast and you're invited come enjoy the great food, good vibes in a fun afternoon by the water. We'll have special guests like Susan Shelley of the Howard Jarvis Taxpay Association. She'll tell you more about your taxpay rights and protecting Prop thirteen as the courts have made it easier to raise your taxes. Come by and sign the petition to save Prop thirteen. The deadline's coming fast. We need those signatures by February seventeenth, so go to the website Saveprop thirteen dot com. Come hang out with us, grab a bite, and be part of the broadcast. We're taking your phone calls right now. Eight hundred two to two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two. Rob Bonta announced a huge operation up and down the state of California, but mostly focused in San Diego, arresting over one hundred people for solicitation of prostitution and or loitering. But most of those people unless they were going after a minor just got a ticket. So there's two ways we can go here. Do we need to crack down even further to curb demand of prostitution in California, making solicitation a felony, or do we go the other way, legalize and regulate this industry and go full Amsterdam?
Speaker 3: What say you?
Speaker 1: Eight hundred two two two five two two two one eight hundred two to two two five two two two. I will say this, Amsterdam is an immaculately clean city and you don't really see any street walking because you know exactly where to get that service and it is legal. Let's go to John in San Jose.
Speaker 3: John, Hello, Hello, Bob.
Speaker 11: I agree, it would be savor for the guys. It would be savor for the women for having legalized You would do way went to pimp and the girls gets beat up.
Speaker 3: There is that aspect to it.
Speaker 1: There's you know, there is a legitimate need to you know, use such crass terms for this service. But the way that we decriminalize it now, we are allowing women to be victimized by the pimps that kind of rule over them with impunity. If you're going to legalize it, you've got to completely crack down on the illegal industry, which means every massage parlor's.
Speaker 3: Going out of business.
Speaker 11: That's true.
Speaker 3: There you go, John, Thanks so much for the call. Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not saying every massage parlor and smoke shop is a hot bed of illegal activity. I'm just saying most of them are. But I think the dirty little secret is that we don't want to go after those industries because cities and counties in the state need their business taxes, even though we all know what's going on there. Let's go to Danny and Gilroy. Danny, Hello, how you.
Speaker 9: Doing, Randy? Thank you for you guys are show you guys are awesome.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 9: I'm a sixty six year old male and I'm single and single for about twelve years, and i run two businesses and I've tried online dating and I'm sorry, but most of the women are whacked out or drunks. And for me to be able to go in once a month and get a massage and a little something done one hundred and fifty to cheaper than going on.
Speaker 1: A date, I guess that is a good points.
Speaker 9: It is. It's real. I'm not alone in this as most of the guys I talked to, you know, are like, yeah, boom boom, and you're done and you can go on about your business and your day and you're not having to sit there texting, talking, making plans to go out to dinner and stuff. It's actually real convenient.
Speaker 1: Well, as the old joke is, you're not paying them for the act, you're paying them to leave.
Speaker 9: Exactly. You hit it right on the nail head, buddy. And with how long that this has been an issue in the world, or at least the United States, it's like, come on, man, It's like you keep trying to fix a broken wheel, but you don't fix it and fix it. Just make it legal. It'd be so much easier for everybody. And the whole Amsterdam thing where you're guaranteed that the women are clean and everything's taken care of. They're making a living. If that's what they choose to have a profession, it's their right being forced to do it. I disagree within one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I think he makes some really strong points.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the call, Danny, Danny telling us exactly what's going on. Look, and there is a lot of people who are doing this on the regular. I don't know even if we increased it to a felony that we would necessarily tamp down on the demand. There's always going to be a demand for this kind of service, whether it's you know, so for not wanting to deal with dating, or people that are intimidated by dating, what have you. People still have these needs, these urges. Now, well, this whole world look completely different when the sex robots take over.
Speaker 3: Possibly.
Speaker 1: The other thing you do have to think about, though, is it's one thing to say let's legalize it regulated, and honestly, after traveling to Amsterdam, I'm like, well, it seems to make sense there and it's really not that big of a deal there, Like, you know, if that's what you want to do, that's what you want to do. But it's there's so many other things to see and do in Amsterdam. They're like, oh, yeah, there's the red light district. Cool, let's go check out the canals and then let's go to the Reich's Museum. I miss Europe. But the implementation is something to think about because California has a terrible track record at legalizing industries, specifically the marijuana industry. People voted to regulate and illegalize marijuana, and the idea was that if we legalize it and tax it, then we can get rid of the illegal cartel marijuana industry. And here we are eight years later, and that illegal industry is bigger than the legal industry because of how awful the rollout was foration for legalization, how awful the rollout was for the tax structure where it's more expensive to do it legally and we don't punish the people that do it illegally. So even in the abstract where you can think about, yes, it could make sense, California would bungle it because that is what California does best. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number after Banta's big operation in San Diego where they arrested and ticketed over one hundred guys for solicitation of prostitution and loitering. Do you think we need to crack down further to curb demand or do we go the other way and legalize and regulate this? What do you think? Eight hundred two two two five two two two. Let's go to Mike at Vallejo.
Speaker 12: Mike, Hello, Randy, how are you doing, partner doing great, excellent.
Speaker 13: You know, I agree with the last caller. I will say aloud and part I'll say my name, I'll say where I'm from, and I'll say exactly what he said. I at seventeen years old, I joined the military, and from that point on I have been doing this. I'm not going to stop doing it. I'm not quite as old as the last guy, but very close. Yes, I have my own business and I'm here to tell you, for a couple hundred dollars, you can find a woman skilled in a thircraft to turn you into a boiled chicken. And she says things like thank you, She says things like I can't wait to see you again. There's no drama, there's no bs involved in all this. It is a service being provided. Like you said, it's no problem doing it on OnlyFans or whatever paying try people is doing on a video. But again, I've been to Europe just like you, and it is clean, it is regular, and let's face it, it is the oldest profession ever.
Speaker 1: I think there is definitely an argument that there's never ever going to be getting rid of demand for this industry. So we can either allow the horrific things to happen that are happening on the streets, or you can find a safe place to facilitate it.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, and I want to echo his last statements though. It's very important what he said. It's one thing a woman who chooses to do this for a living or one man, depending who there you are, and it's another thing someone being forced to do it.
Speaker 1: That's a huge point. Thank you so much for the call, Mike, and thanks for being so honest. I appreciate it. Look, when I was eighteen, I went to Tijuana. It was legal there, and at that point that seemed less scary than asking a girl out on a date. I'm a much older and wiser person now, but that's what young guys do. That's what all guys do. Again, when the robots take over, who knows when we have West World? Who knows what this world's gonna look like? Oh, Adam, and Santa Rosa has the answer I've been looking for, Adam.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Randy, how you doing doing great?
Speaker 14: So I believe that what you were thinking of was salvia.
Speaker 3: Yes, Salvia divin.
Speaker 14: Norum is a sage derivative. It's in the sage family, and so what salvia did is you're not supposed to put It wasn't supposed to be a large amount. You would either put a little bit of marijuana in the bottom and then put put maril on the bottom in a little bit of salvia on top, or you would just smoke a little bit of salvia. But it never required much. And the second you exhaled, you instantly felt it. And you had no control over what you're going to experience. Everybody experiences something different, but you have absolutely no control, and you will see or experience something and it lasts about three minutes and then it disappears. I know you mentioned a headache. I had never experienced a headache. You have a fouric feelings about three hours after. But the high itself, and it is more than DMT acid. It is more than mushrooms. And I have friends who've done all that stuff who are in their seventies, and I'm telling you, salvia is extremely as strong. It's a dude once or twice and probably never again. Just because you're gonna see something and you don't have really control like you might over some mushrooms or you might have with acid. This salvia, even though it's stage is crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, and one of the things that.
Speaker 14: The bushes also caused to listen egenics well.
Speaker 1: And one of the things that people probably don't realize is that is perfectly legal and you can buy it in smoke shops right now.
Speaker 14: Yeah well yeah, I mean, I know, like you had said, a lot stopped carrying it. The first time I encountered it was up in Chico, nor Fund one oh one, but it was in Santa Rosa for a small amount of time and then just gone. The strength level also had decreased over time. Originally, like eighty X was the the highest ranks, but over time they lowered it, probably because they noticed what was happening or realized he just really didn't need it, and also that the money wasn't there. Once people realized this was just way too strong, and even for people who have done I had friends and my old friend in Vietnam be passed now, but you know, buttons, I think you know what I mean, but smoking buttons, all this kind of stuff. And even him, I mean, he thought that he was walking like his legs look like they were down in the Grand Canyon. I had a friend who said he had no doubt that he could walk into the television. He refused to touch the TV because he thought he could walk into it, or a close friend of mine who was inside of this just a giant forest. Everything's white and he sees the stream running through and he leans down for some water, and he said some people like pushed him over and were telling him that he couldn't leave. And I'm watching him. He's on his back. It was like, you know, like a bug that dies right in his hands and feet up. He's like no, no, He's like, oh my god, what the hell's wrong with you? I had never seen that before.
Speaker 3: Those are some wild stories at him.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, the only time I ever tried it, it just gave me a splitting headache. And then I went back to pot for ten years. But thanks so much for the call. Appreciate it. Eight hundred two to two two five two two two is the telephone number one. Eight hundred two to two two five two two two. Bonta announced a big crackdown on solicitation of prostitution in San Diego. Of course, all that happened was the guys who got arrested got tickets.
Speaker 3: What do you think do we go further down? Do we make that a felony.
Speaker 1: Do we really crack down the demand or do we just decide to go full Amsterdam and legalize this profession?
Speaker 3: What say you?
Speaker 1: Eight hundred two to two two five two two two one eight hundred two two two five two two two No wrong answers here, And as you can see, people are calling in being brutally honest, and we appreciate it. It's Randy Wang here. Let's get back to the phones on the question of cracking down further or legalizing prostitution in California. Let's go to mic in California. Mike, Hello, how you knowing to doing great?
Speaker 10: Yeah, there was a time when everything web page called red Book, and it got shut down by the state. But it was actually a place for working girls to advertise. But in addition it had chatrooms and reviews. People could actually post reviews about the girls, which some liked, some didn't. You know, the ones who liked it worship. But in the chatrooms most of them were run by other girls, so got kind of caddies. But at one point Maddie, the wife of red who ran it, asked me to run once, and being a guy, you know, I ran it completely different. It was respectful. Girls got to meet guys online first. And one thing that started is girls had tasked me privately and tell me about guys were violent or would risk them off. And we actually started trading that information with the other girls and they appreciated it, you know, helped keep them safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that kind of information definitely needs to be shared. You know, if the girls are going to have a one to five star review, so should the customers as well.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 10: In addition, you know, I was friends with a lot of them, you know, more than a customer. We started doing meet and Greek dinners, and the standing rule was this is just they're on break, they're just out to socialize and it's not a hint party, but those go pretty big. We had dinners up to like forty sixty people at times, and it just turned to go nice social. It was a whole different clique and a lot of these girls that's all they can do. There's a lot of the legals, ones that didn't have an education, but they can make a lot of money. One of them, I know, she's actually bought property in the Philippines and retiring there, and others. You know, they've gotten good jobs and they've actually left them to go back to working. If they do with life, they can make a lot of money. You just have to use some common sense to be safe.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you make some interesting points, Mike. Thank you so much for sharing your story. Appreciate it. You know it is something to consider. AI is about to take away a whole lot of jobs. At some point. This might be one of the only jobs that's left unless the sex robots are really good. Let's go to Stacey and Bellflowers.
Speaker 15: Stacey, Hello, hey there, Oh gosh, let's say these guys are It's just disturbing. I am just wondering why our country just keeps giving into the decay of morals everywhere and instead of force enforcing law and order. So, you guys, they gave those side a few tickets, big deal. Tickets are nothing, you know, like, charge them severe fines, make them pay fines, confiscate their paychecks. You don't put it on there. Let their companies know what they're doing. I mean, women are not for sale. They are not for sale. We can do better than that for the women in this country. And that guy they're saying, you know, oh, this helps to keep them safe by sharing information. No, it doesn't. You know, they're going to get into a room with these guys locked up in a room naked. You know, they can you know, they could kill them, obviously, rate them, drug them whatever. But instead of giving into that and just say, oh, let's we know what's going on, let's just make it legal. No, crack down the damn crime of it. Crack down on their pens. I mean really, that's that's the solution to just every woman's body's for sale. Let them do it, because they're doing it anyway. No, stop this. It's crazy. And those guys, I'm sorry you guys that are all saying it's okay you don't want to go on these long term dates.
Speaker 14: You guys are pigs.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm serious, I'm blue pigs.
Speaker 1: So, Stacy, do you think that the people that purchase the you know, people that are the John's that sorry Johnny, but use that term. Do you think they should be in prison?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 11: I don't think they.
Speaker 15: Should be in prison at all. Our prisons, you know, are overcrowded right now of you know, these really violent criminals. No, but find them, you know, ticket isn't anything app find them, make them pay for that eventually if they keep doing it, then yeah, I mean maybe go to prison. You know, if people just don't respect law and order, there needs to be prison time for that. There's there's guys that have rap sheets that are a mile long, so that doesn't work either, so that at some point we've got to crack down on that, and maybe they need time. But no, just you're just going out a couple of times and you know, finding yourself a prostitute or whatever. I don't think that they should be in jail. There's just not enough space. But find them, hit them with their wallet and hit them with their work. Just like the dads that don't pay child support, they get their paychecks confiscated and everybody knows about that. Do that, Shame them like that and make them pay, but don't give into it and just say yet, no problem, we're going to give into it. You know these women are for sale? No they're not. We can do better than that.
Speaker 1: Well, I really appreciate your passionate argument on this, Stacy, Thanks so much for the call. Appreciate it. Let's go to Teddy and Burbank.
Speaker 3: Teddy, Hello, Hey, how are you Randy doing great?
Speaker 16: Norma Jean Almadovar wrote a book called From Cop to Call Girl. She did this basically in conjunction with founding Coyote, which was a woman's projection group, and it will open your eyes.
Speaker 1: I'll have to check it out. Thanks so much for the call. Appreciate it. We got time for one more here, Mike and Pataloma. Keep it clean, Mike, Hello.
Speaker 9: Oh hello, hey.
Speaker 12: You know, I have a whole different take on this, and it starts with I took my aunt to her doctor's appointment, and then as I came in, I saw all these men there. It's a female doctor, and so I asked the receptionist, you know, how come there's so many men here? She says, well, the doctor, you know, comes from an old school where they do prostate massage.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, I know exactly where you're going with that story. I'm so sorry we're out of time. Thank you so much for the call. Well that was a lot of fun interesting debate, wasn't it. That's what we do here. There's no wrong answers. Thank y'all so much for being a part of this show. I gotta go hop on the four or five freeway, suffer for an hour. Have some lunch, and then I'll be back on the air on KABC at five o'clock right after MOTECH. If you're in the Bay and you want to listen, go to kabc dot com or download the KABC app.
Speaker 3: It's right away here. On the John Phillips Show,