Speaker 1: Now back to murphin markets on the Sports Leader, streaming live on the sports Leader dot com at knbr V sports Leader app.
Speaker 2: All right, last couple of minutes here on the Murph and Marcus Show before Giants pregame at ten thirty five this morning, first pitch eleven thirty five a m. But before we get the Giants pregame, I should tell you that we're giving away another pair of tickets. That's right after giving away two earlier this morning. We are back with a double dip. And now it's a chance to win some John Mellencamp tickets because right now we'll take one winner, caller number ten at four one, five, eight nine six KMBR and you will win two tickets to see John Mellencamp at Shoreline Amphitheater August twelfth, furnish by Live Nation, Fine Official Rules at the sports Leader dot com and JD A lot to react to live last night, not only from the Giants attempted comeback before the Jung Houlee misread out and right field, but some familiar faces in new places. It was a little weird last night seeing Luis Arise as a member of the Philadelphia Phillies had RBI knots in his first two at bats. Elliott Ramos made his debut at Yankee Stadium, hitting in a cleanup spot. He went over for last night. Eric Miller made his debut Fenway Pac sixth inning. Came in recorded one out as the lefty specialists. Did you have any pangs, JD? Did you have any regrets? Did you have any feelings about maybe seeing some familiar faces in new places?
Speaker 3: No regrets, although I do think there was a case to be made for moving Jung Julie and maybe not Elliott Ramos.
Speaker 4: You could have maybe flipped that.
Speaker 3: But right handed bats in greater demand, and again I think they do want Jung Julee the hitter and the defender the end of last night, notwithstanding he's been excellent in the outfield. But the style of hitter that Jung Hoolee is exudes what the Giants want, that their style of hitter to be right, like somebody that's gonna hit line drives and spray the ball all over the field like Jung Houley has become. I think the sort of the prototypical identity for not everybody in a lineup, because you need boppers and thumpers too, but I think he kind of exudes.
Speaker 4: The way they want to be as as a team at the play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he kind of fits the archetype of that contact first hitter that buser Posey has been looking for to put the ball in play.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: They just had a great one on Luis the Rise, but unfortunately had to trade him because of the expiring contracts act. But Jung Hou Lee probably fits that prototype more than a guy like Elliot Ramos does. And he's been a great defender at the corner and right field, and that's been the flip side to Elliott Ramos obviously, who struggled although improved from last year, but struggled in the outfield. Yeah, we had we had a text earlier from the four and five on the Golden State Lumber and shrowm Tex sign and said, boys, don't give Jung Ju Lee a hard time. He was just giving a tribute to Elliott Ramos with the bad route in right field.
Speaker 4: Can I riff a little bit?
Speaker 2: You can riff, but you can riff, But Jungle Lee has been great in right field defensively. A blunder last night, A bad play, a play that I still say to this day should go in the books as an air not a base hit. But maybe that's a complaint for another day, just a bad route from Jung Houlee.
Speaker 4: But hey, look it happens.
Speaker 2: I saw who was it Kyle Tucker last night go face first into the ivy last night at Wrigley as he was starting in right field for the Trek Scoobale debut in a Dodger's uniform. Let's hit that topic before we get the Giants pre game. It was an ugly sight. Walter had the cojones to ask us if it was good or bad for Bay Baseball that Schooble got traded to the Dodgers earlier this morning. Obviously the answer is bad for baseball, but it was good to see the Dodgers lose in Schoobl's debut. Have now lost five games in a row, the longest losing streak of the season for the Dodgers. Any reaction to see in schoobl last night and that Dodger blew Well.
Speaker 3: The question I asked you earlier that I'll pose again for the later audience, is is it karma?
Speaker 4: Is karma coming back to bite the I hope it bites. I sure do hope it's karma. I'm half kidding.
Speaker 3: Obviously they're not doing anything obviously against the rules, but yeah, it was a it was a playoff atmosphere at.
Speaker 4: Wrigley both of these these first two games.
Speaker 3: And they're playing an afternoon game today and and so we'll see how everything shakes out with that. But yeah, the Cubs are playing great baseball right now. But it's five in a row, right the Red Sox go in and sweep them over the weekend at Dodger Stadium, and then they lose the first two. Is the tide turning on the Dodgers just as everybody was ready to annoy as three time champion?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And that's what's so frustrating, because we all know in the sport of baseball, you can't just buy championships. Now, theoretically you can. The Dodgers have done a pretty damn good job going back to back the last couple of years. But let's not forget the Toronto Blue Jays. We're ninety feet away from winning the World Series last year. And I think maybe that leads to a bigger conversation that we'll be having over the next year or so, looking at the next twenty twenty seventh season, if there is a potential lockout. There's a lot of people who think the Dodgers have ruined the game, not only with the Shoho Tawny contract and the deferred money, but overpaying guys like Kyle Tucker. Like, that's one conversation that we can have about the deep pockets of the Dodgers. But when it comes to the schoobl trade, I hate to say it, there are twenty nine other teams around the league, or should I say twenty eight that could have made that trade offer as well. Now it's a little different because it seems like there has been kind of the cookie trail leading to the Dodgers, with schoobl listening to Time like it was kind of certain that he was going to sign with them this next offseason, which maybe made teams more hesitant to give up a haul of prospects for a rental when they could see Scooble leaving in the offseason.
Speaker 4: Anyways, but still.
Speaker 2: If you're even the Detroit Tigers, so only two and a half games out of the Wildcard, it's kind of crazy to sell on Schooble and only get that return for arguably the best pitcher in baseball.
Speaker 3: I understand why the Tigers did it, although I think to trade him and then not trade Maze and Mys went to the you know, right up until the minute before he ended up going to San Diego, that to me would have been would have been ridiculous. Like to me, you either are all in and keep both of them, or you or you trade both of them, despite the fact that you're right. Your record be damned because it's the third wild card. It's even more mediocre in terms of teams that are in it in the American League than even in the National League.
Speaker 4: But I think so.
Speaker 3: I understand why the Tigers did what they did despite their run differential and the leaf that they're a better team, and I actually get it from their point of view. I would have looked to get Schooble if I were one of the teams competing against the Dodgers, in part because of the labor questions that are a part of every conversation right now. Because you said something earlier that I honestly hadn't thought about, I thought it was a great point. You mentioned the Dodgers extending Schooble. Now, yep, extending Schooble during the season before the new collective bargaining agreement, And that is something that I as another team around baseball.
Speaker 4: Yes, you want to be able to beat.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers this year with Scooble if you're the Brewers or maybe one of these other teams, But I would want to acquire Schooble because it would limit the Dodgers' ability to sign him potentially in the off season. Because the financial ramifications are going to change. The Dodgers may have to trade half their off or move on for like, they may have to do a bunch of things they don't want to do based on what the new landscape of baseball is.
Speaker 4: I know I've thrown out there.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be amnesties and different things and salary caps and floors and all these different things that we don't need to get into too wonky. But the bottom line is that Dodgers are gonna have to shed talent in some form or fashion.
Speaker 4: So I think it's actually harder for.
Speaker 3: Them to sign Scooble or it will be in a new collective bargaining agreement than it would have been to just get him and extend him now. So if I'm another team, I would have bet yep, that you're going to actually give him a better shot at staying away from the Dodgers for the next five years for like getting a.
Speaker 2: Long term plan. And yes, the Dodgers might try to sneak in this contract extension before the next potential CBA agreement. Then you look at them maybe trying to grandfather that contract into the next kind of set of contracts moving forward. It's kind of how I felt when they said, screw it, we're gonna give Kyle Tucker sixty million dollars per year. Kyle Tucker's not worth that much. But if it's only a two to three year contract leading up to this next CBA, the Dodgers are essentially playing with blank you money right now, and they're gonna pay all these guys and get these deferred contracts lined up before it. Major League Baseball potentially tells them they're not allowed to do this anymore.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: That's that's exactly right, And so I think, you know, they've been ahead of the game in terms of and it's funny there are the parallels between, you know, the things that were done in the NBA because of the Warrior's success and trying to combat that and the Warriors maybe not being prepared for it in the way that they needed to be. It feels like the Dodgers are at a very like they're really trying to make sure that they have everything prepared to be.
Speaker 4: Able to navigate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now the Warriors are dealing with second tax aprons and all that.
Speaker 4: Hooplah.
Speaker 2: Will see what the Major League Baseball in the CBA is able to do to maybe put some restraints on the Dodgers moving forward. But blank the Dodgers, It's time for some Giants baseball pre game is coming up next. Your award winning diamond notes start now on The Sports Leader.
Speaker 1: KNBR The Sports Leader. Now back to murphin markets on the Sports Leader, streaming live onthsports Leader dot Com at KNBR V Sports Leader app.
Speaker 2: All right, wrapping up the last couple seconds of the Murf and Marcus Show. Going into extra innings this morning with my guy John Dickinson fresh out of the bullpen. Murph is off for the remainder of the week, so JD will be filling in with me today, tomorrow and on Friday. Plenty of topics to get into with forty nine ers training camp in the NFL Hall of Fame game starting tomorrow as well. Buser Posey joins us at seven thirty. But JD, it's been a fun hour and a half leading up to Giants baseball game. I know we got to throw to it soon, but always appreciate your time this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, brother, always great to be with you. We'll do it again tomorrow, and yeah, we'll react to the Giants. We get forty nine ers back on the practic field today, and we'll just continue to look ahead here into the We're approaching the dog days of August.
Speaker 2: Get us through the dog days of summer. What was that Walter Buster Posey at seven thirty tomorrow on the Giants Executive Show, recapping the trade deadline and talking about maybe Carson Wisenhunt's performance today after we saw Blade Tidwell get his first start in a Giants uniform yesterday, not making his first appearance, but his first start in the rotation. We'll see if him and Carson wisenhe I can maybe take a hold in some of these roster spots that are open for the next couple of seasons. But that's all for the Murph and Marcus Show this morning. Let's go ahead and head over to the ballpark for your award winning Diamond Notes and the Giants pregame Show.