Speaker 1: Well, the city council might only give you sixty seconds to where your grievance is.
Speaker 2: Oh hi, I'd like to go to the first caller on the phone.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're lucky, now we're giving you a full sixty minutes. It's a KABC News Blitz with Randy Wang and our long recap of the day's top local stories on your drive home. And unlike the City Council, we're the perfect vehicle to actually get your voice heard. The KADC News Blitz with Randy Wang starts no.
Speaker 3: It is the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk radio seven ninety KABC. This is your daily rundown of everything you need to know that's going on in Southern California as well as the Bay Area, Sacramento, San Diego, and the Central Valley. I curate a list every single day of all the stories that I found that you may have missed going on in the Golden State at Randy Wang Radio dot substack dot com. You can also check out our YouTube channel where you can watch the full episodes of this show and check out clips from this show, and of course, watch the live John Phillipshow at YouTube dot com. Slash at Randy Wang Radio. We start with a scary story in Claremont, which, by the way, if I haven't said it enough, Claremont is a fantastic place. Claremont is gorgeous, and if I didn't have to worry about commuting, it would be one of the places I would consider living or keeping a footprint in southern California. Like you know, the master plan is to live in Santa Fe part time, have a little place somewhere in southern California, and maybe have a little place in the Bay Area.
Speaker 2: Let's see how successful this whole YouTube thing is for us.
Speaker 3: But the last time I was in Claremont for the governor's debate, it was so beautiful, especially like not just the neighborhoods. We stayed at a friend of John's to record the show or to do the show live from noon to three, and then went to you know, put on a college to watch the debate. But I love everything about a college town like that, especially how walkable it is. You know, that's something that I really love. And it's there's great restaurants, there's great bars. It's just got a beautiful vibe and you feel very safe, unlike a lot of parts of La County.
Speaker 2: Claremont is gorgeous.
Speaker 3: But one thing that you'll know about me is while I am an avid walker. In fact, I walked five miles in Toronto this morning before I started doing my show. Well, I was listening to all the stories, but before I come back to the hotel room, compile the blog, get all the graphics together for the John Phillips Show, all the other stuff I have to do.
Speaker 2: I walked for five miles.
Speaker 3: Walking has been one of the best things that I have done in the last I really got into walking, you know, maybe only four or five years ago, but it has been a game changer. When I started doing those eight to ten mile days in Santa Fe. I just every day that I walk for at least a half hour is a day I fall asleep easier, even if that's the only exercise I'm doing.
Speaker 2: And you know, I also do pilates and stuff.
Speaker 3: I believe so much in the power of walking, not just for your physical health, not just for sleep, but also your mental health. It just it is such a good feeling. And I love walking around a city, whether it's a big metropolis like Toronto or a little town college town like Claremont. But one thing that you won't hear a lot from me is me talking about going hiking. I don't have a great track record with going hiking because well, I'm not the most coordinated person, and when the footing can be uneven, I've had some incidents. Now, most of these incidents happened when I was in way worse shape. And when you're in way worse shape and you're not used to walking all the time and your wife takes you to Switzer Falls, yeah you might twist your ankle.
Speaker 2: I've had a few of those incidents.
Speaker 3: I also used to not like hiking because I used to buy really cheap shoes, and one thing about hiking is you've got to make sure you have really, really good traction. I actually have actual hiking boots now if I will go hiking, But even then, it's not something that I choose to do very often, because while I love being outdoors and I love walking around, I like managed nature.
Speaker 2: I like curated nature.
Speaker 3: I like the Mission trails hiking in Carmel by the Sea, very very very very taken care of lands with you know, almost like like mulch.
Speaker 2: For the footing.
Speaker 3: It's so soft it's just you know, it's well taken care of, it's well manicured. That's what I like. I like manicured wildlife. I like Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. And if you walk just a little north, or you walk just a little south, all of a sudden, now you're back in the city.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: When it comes to like driving all the way out to a remote location, maybe you don't have cell service, you're going out into the woods, you're left alone to the elements. I know there's a lot of people that love that. I'm not one of those people. I like a little bit of nature in an urban environment, but I can't handle full on nature. You'll never see me camping. That's just not who I am. And one of the reasons for that is snakes. I'm Indiana Jones in one very specific way. I don't like snakes, and stories like this are gonna keep me away from hiking for a very long time. When it comes to all kinds of wildlife, I'm just not used to it now. I mean the times that I've actually seen a snake on a hiking trail two but I remember them very well. I saw a snake once when I was hiking Griffith Park, and well, for a while I was like, you know, I could just walk around my neighborhood less chances for wildlife except for coyotes. But that's a whole other story for a whole other day. And then I remember very specifically we had moved from Burbank to Recita in a townhouse. And the one thing that changed for us when we moved from the house in Burbank was we had a pretty big backyard. We had two little dogs, so it's not like we needed a big backyard, but this townhouse had a tiny, little front yard, so you really if you wanted to walk the dog, you had to walk them. And there were you know, we had little, tiny dogs. And one day I was like, you know, I'm getting kind of bored of Balboa Park, and uh, well you either, can you know how this is another thing. I know, I bag on La and the Valley all the time, but you go to a place like Golden Gate Park, which you know is the central park of San Francisco, and you just see amazing splendor. It is gorgeous, it is beautiful. There's a waterfall in the middle of it, there's a buffalo farm. And then you go to the biggest park in the San Fernando Valley, Balboa Park, the one where they put in the fake lake, and well, it's so overrun by ducks that if you're on the main path you will be stepping on duck poop the entire time. Or you can go outside of the main path into the more wildy areas where you'll see people living there. And I stop going to Balboa Park and I stop bringing my dogs there because one day I'm walking around on the outside areas because I don't want to deal with the ducks, and there were several homeless people living there, including one guy who had a loose pitfall, and my dogs looked like lunch, so I picked them up and I turned the other direction and stopped doing that. So at one point I was like, Okay, maybe I'll try. You know, there's lots of hiking trails up in Porter Ranch that's not too far. So I find a hiking trail, I park, put the leashes on the little doggie, and within two minutes I see a snake and I say nope. I turn around and I say I'm not doing this. So what happened in Claremont, Well, a college athlete was hiking and taking in the beauty of nature and he got attacked by a rattle steak. He got bit by a rattle steak. It is caution if you actually go watch the story that I have on the website, it will make your skin crawl. What happened to the sky because luckily there was a nurse also in the area that was helping to calm him down. He went to a hospital to get anti venom and then needed more, so he got flown to La County General Hospital to get even more anti venom, and he was like his muscles were twitching all over the place.
Speaker 2: He survived, He's going to be okay, but.
Speaker 3: I don't want to take that risk so for his As much as I love the act of walking, and I really love walking in urban environments, hiking's just not my thing. Never really has. Whether it's the uneven footing, it's the wildlife of it all, the lack of self reception. I'm just I don't need to be in that much wildlife if you're into that, and I'm sure there's lots of people listening that are I'm so happy for you, but that's just my thing. I've also I've really come to the realization this week. And I may have said this in the past, I was born in the wrong city. I really really was, because I love walking around cool urban environments. Just seeing the sideline of Toronto it is incredible. But I don't need a big skyline. I mean, I love walking around Santa Fe and there's no building there taller than three stories. I love walking around Dublin. There's no building they're taller than like four or five stories. But it is pretty cool being in because you can just kind of wander and look up see the c N Tower and know kind of where you are and how to get back to where you're going. Like, I haven't looked up a map the entire time I'm here, except to like jot down. Okay, I should check out the menu at this restaurant or check out the menu at this bar. Made it over to the Stillery District this morning. It was beautiful. So just a warning to all you ad hikers out there. I've seen way more stories this year than in recent past about rattlesnake bites and that is going to keep me inside a big city and do my walk in that way, or you get to San Francisco. You get a little taste of both. And you could also do that at Griffith. No knocking on Griffith. Griffith is great, it's just getting to Griffith if you live in the valley is a colossal pain.
Speaker 2: In the ass.
Speaker 3: When I did the morning show, I could do Griffith because I'd get off at ten am and it was easier to get there.
Speaker 2: But nowadays, oh boy, especially with my schedule.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't really do a whole lot of traveling because.
Speaker 2: It's impossible to get anywhere.
Speaker 3: Even once we tried going to this hiking trail in Tarzana south of Ventura Boulevard at Resita the Cabeero Canyon, which is very beautiful.
Speaker 2: Another thing that I don't like about.
Speaker 3: Hiking is sometimes, especially if you're walking dogs, they start stepping in some water and maybe there's something in that water. I have had my dog get sick from that, So just another thing. But even just trying to get there it would take like twenty minutes. Now there is so much concern up and down the state of California with the company Flock Flock operates the license plate reading cameras that have assisted law enforcement up and down the state of California in things like recovering stolen cars, which if you look up how many cars are stolen every single day in Los Angeles, it is it is a crazy, crazy number. In fact, let's look it up together right now, how many cars are stolen in Los Angeles every day. Let's see, on average, more than sixty vehicles are stolen every day in Los Angeles, totaling twenty five thousand in a year. Twenty five thousand cars are stolen in the city of Los Angeles every single year. I am not surprised by that number, but that is insanity and that's why you need this kind of technology.
Speaker 2: But there have been a lot.
Speaker 3: Of privacy advocates that are freaking out about this new world of ser that we're in. First off, I'm glad that the CEO of Flocks sat down with the news to talk about what these cameras do and what they don't do. These aren't AI facial recognition cameras that they have at grocery outlets to make sure you're not a shoplifter, and they're not even capturing video it takes a picture of a car and it can identify the license plate, and if it gets flagged because that car was stolen, it alerts law enforcement. I don't see what the problem is here, but because of all kinds of privacy concerns, especially because these databases have been accessed by the federal government, and how we can't work with a federal government. I don't even know if it was Ice accessing these databases, but people have conflagrated all of that stuff with well, we cannot work with the feds.
Speaker 2: It's just it's insane.
Speaker 3: I also find it just incredibly hypocritical that we're all concerned about drone programs, like people freaking out about two drones instead of one operation by the police an ocean side or the flock cameras which currently we don't have a contract in the city of la because oh, we're freaking out about what these this data can be used for, But we don't care that we're surveilling ourselves.
Speaker 2: All day long.
Speaker 3: How many of you have a Fitbit or an Apple Watch. You're literally wearing a tracking device. How many of you people have an iPhone or a Galaxy, You're literally wearing a device on you at all times. That is listening to every word that you say, and don't tell me that they're not. We've all had the phenomenon where you're talking about something and then it shows up in your Google ads. This is listening to you all the time. And we're also actively putting our lives on social media every single day, posting our locations, posting what we're doing, posting our food. I've been guilty of it myself, so I don't care at all about any of this stuff. I want law enforcement to have all the tools that they need to stop the twenty five thousand cars a year that are stolen in Los Angeles, which is just a crazy, crazy figure. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk Radio seven ninety KABC. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC. We are still paying for George Gascone's reign of terror. George Gascon was the LA County District Attorney for four years from twenty twenty one through the end of twenty twenty four. And there's some great reporting out there from the people at LA Material, which was the news organization.
Speaker 2: They're relatively new.
Speaker 3: I think it's a lot of people that were laid off by the La Times in a few years ago.
Speaker 2: And it's a great website.
Speaker 3: They'd one that did that piece of like the Yelp reviews of politicians, and yeah, we had a lot of fun with the Katie porter Ones, I'll tell you that. But they just did a great piece uncovering how much money the County of Los Angeles has had to pay out in retaliation lawsuit settlements from George Gascone's time as La County DA. Because George Gascone was and is a petty, petty petty man and would actively retaliate against any Deputy District Attorney that was concerned about his policies, spoke out against him, and they all lawyered up because they were sometimes transferred to other positions, denied promotions, what have you. It was an incredibly toxic work environment, which is why like ninety percent of the union members of the Deputy District Attorneys wanted to support the recall of George Gascon because this was the era where you had crooked das like Gascon and Pammy Price and Chase A. Boudin, whose whole idea was to destroy the machine from the inside out. In this nonsensical criminal justice reform insanity that I think we have recovered from. But the after effects are all those deputy das that were defamed, that were harassed, that were transferred, that were demoted. Well now they're getting huge payouts from the county because if the county fights these lawsuits, they'll have to pay even more. Notably, a friend of the show and a guy who ran against George Gascon did not win, but John Hattammy he got one of those settlements for like one point five million dollars.
Speaker 2: So nice little payday for mister Hittami. There.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you don't get to catch every second of this show, well we podcast all of it. But I also now post the video of every single show so you can watch me stare at you romantically while we talk about the news. Check it out at Randy Wang Radio, excuse me, YouTube dot com, slash at Randy Wang Radio. I put the video version of the show up every single night as well as the radio version in case you don't get to listen live at five o'clock and we're here for you. Make sure you check out all the stories I have today. Because I yammer on so much I can't even get to all the stories that I put on the list, I would need like two hours to do all twenty stories.
Speaker 2: Because we're having fun together.
Speaker 3: It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC. It's the Newsplitz with Brandy Wang on Talk Radio seven ninety KABC. This is your daily rundown of everything you need to know that's going on in Southern California as well as the Bay Area, Sacramento, San Diego, and the Central Valley.
Speaker 2: I compile a list every.
Speaker 3: Day of all the stories that you may have missed that I found interesting at Randywangradio dot substack dot com. Check out the YouTube channel YouTube dot com, slash at Randy Wang Radio. A new study shows that weaimo is safer than human driving. And I know there are a lot of people that are very antsy about this technology and I was one of those until I got into a Weimo. Waimos, of course, have been around in San Francisco for quite some time now. You can pretty much go around the entire Bay Area. When we go up to San Francisco in a couple of weeks, we're gonna hopefully be able to take one from SFO because last time we couldn't do that, but we're gonna try to.
Speaker 2: Like it says that you can.
Speaker 3: But then when you go on the app, it's like just outside of the service area.
Speaker 2: Because I would love to do that.
Speaker 3: It's as soon as we got in one, we felt very safe.
Speaker 2: Now. I haven't taken these things on the freeway.
Speaker 3: And I know that there's a lot of kinks to be worked out as they're expanding this stuff all over the place. But when you're inside and you see all the censors, how they're working. Like when you're driving on the street and you see people on the sidewalk, the little graphics show it's picking up the people.
Speaker 2: It can pick up a dog.
Speaker 3: It does a very very good job because it's paying attention at all times.
Speaker 2: That is its job.
Speaker 3: And as a California driver, I don't pay attention at all times. I'm a terrible driver, and so is everybody else in Los Angeles, although my wife convinced that Canadian drivers are terrible, specifically in Toronto. And yeah, there's some bad driving here, you know what, I think. I think we all think, oh no, this is the town with the bad drivers, but it's just everywhere. There's terrible driving all the time. Everywhere. People are running late, they're impatient, they're staring at their phones, they're coming off of a weed high, what have you. There is a lot of reasons why there's so much bad driving, and thank goodness for technology like automatic breaking when you get too close to another car, which, by the way, I think you tell me if I'm crazy here, But I think if I was in charge of, you know, regulating, let's say, the car insurance industry, I would voluntarily invest in every policy holder that I had. I would pay to get your car retrofitted with an emergency braking system, because I have one of those on my Chevy Bolt and it is this incredible. It will make sure that you're not tailgating a little too close, and if you're not paying attention, because we're all awful drivers, it will stop the car and scream at you, and then you're not allowed to.
Speaker 2: Use supercrews anymore.
Speaker 3: But I think you would cut down greatly on car accidents if you had more of this technology in more cars. They're in modern cars, but they're not in older cars. So if there was a way to retrofit that, I think that it would be advantageous to the insurance companies to pay for that, just like I think it should be on the insurance companies who don't want to pay out for fire claims to help you pay for hardening your home.
Speaker 2: Why does it have to be on you?
Speaker 3: What is that premium actually going towards if you don't want to pay out anybody? Okay, don't need to sit here ranting on insurance, which I tend to do because it just seems to be some of the most unethical people in the world.
Speaker 2: We're here to talk about weimo.
Speaker 3: I am a big fan of the waimos, and I could see a future where, especially in cities that makes sense like San Francisco, you really don't need to own a car now. There's plenty of reasons to have a car, especially if you want to road trip what have you. But I hate driving, which again I'm born in the wrong city. I realize it every single day that I am traveling to other places about how much how much La is not a city, and how much I can't stand driving. I'm just I love being able to walk around and I'm not a huge fan of public transit.
Speaker 2: I just am not.
Speaker 3: I mostly will try to walk everywhere, but when we're in San Francisco. I'm not trying to hop on MUNI. I've usually got the dogs with me. The Waimo makes it so easy. Currently, it is not banded to the point where I can even use it in the valley where I live. But it's coming to places like Sacramento. It's going to be slowly expanding, and while they still have things to work out on, you cannot deny that it is a better technology, that it is safer, and right now one of the only incidents are that they're sharing the road with distracted, terrible human drivers. But you think about how this technology will actually change the world, because what if a vast portion of the population did not need to own a car? And you've got to imagine right now these things. It's not the cheapest form of travel, but every form of travel is expensive. Now, you know, liftin ubers are through the roof way mos are also not cheap. But if we got to a point where they were very cheap and they were very affordable, and you just had a roaming fleet of autonomous vehicles that can be picking you up and dropping you off, it's just kind of a beautiful thing. It could change all kinds of things. I know how much developer people love this idea because if not everyone needs to own a car, then that means they don't need to build parking spaces when they're building apartment buildings. It can be a huge game changer. Now, these things aren't without their problems. There's all the issues of the power outages that we've seen where if you don't know that story the big PG and E power outage in December in San Francisco, the reason the waymos all got stranded was because the internet got cut off. And there's a regulation that says that the Waymos cannot operate in California unless they're connected to the internet. So if the internet connection gets severed because of PG and E power outage, then these things don't know what to do, even though they have the technology to find a place to pull over. So that might be one of the situations where we need to rethink that regulation. And there have been incidents, especially as they're now expanding to freeways, where it doesn't really understand what to do during a construction zone.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: And there's that story, that horrific story of the guy in San Francisco that the WEIMO wouldn't speed away when the vehicle was being assaulted upon. We got to figure that one out too, But overall, we know how dangerous freeway driving is. I honestly, as much as I hate sitting on the four or five every day, I should consider myself lucky that most of the times when I'm on that freeway, I'm going like ten to fifteen miles an hour. Because what do you hear on this radio station every single fifteen minutes. You hear of car accidents where people get hurt. You hear of car accidents where people get killed. Driving in this town is dangerous. It always is and it always will be, and it is why the goal of my you know, it's funny, I have accomplished a lot of the dreams that I set out to have in you know, twenty years of this radio industry. So as I start to map out what are my dreams for the next twenty years, Like what do I really want out of life?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to have a family.
Speaker 3: I really love to travel and I want to be able to do more of that. But for me, like my life goals to be in a car almost never, and that means not two hours every single day, Like, do you understand the equality of life improvement that I have had in this last week.
Speaker 2: Instead of sitting.
Speaker 3: On that freeway, I have two more hours every single day to.
Speaker 2: Enjoy myself.
Speaker 3: And you know, if I was home and I was sitting in the valley, I'd probably just be sitting on the couch playing my Nintendo Switch too. But because I'm in a cool city and I'm exploring, I'm wandering, I'm just I'm having the best time and having those extra two hours every single day. So, like, my personal life goals is to drive as little as possible, live in places where I don't have to worry about that, And I think Weaimo is a great addition to all of that, because if I do need a car, I really like that it's something that's better at driving than me, because I know from my experience the Weaimo is a better driver than me. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk radio seven ninety KABC. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk radio seven ninety KABC. One of the silver linings of the cyclosporiasis outbreak that everyone is freaking out about is it is changing people's thinking about where they're getting their produce, because even though we currently don't know, because the FDA screwed up and had a false positive, we thought it was the lettuce that was being sent to Taco Bell from Taylor Farms from a farm in Mexico. Apparently now that's not the case. But one of the things that apparently we are starting to see a spike in is more people deciding to take a look at their local farmers' markets for picking up fresh produce. Although apparently still nobody's buying that lettuce either. It's real hard if you're the lettuce guy, especially like the pre bagged lettuce guy, you're probably having a very rough season. But I will say, for as much as I like to knock on California, in southern California, I'm a grass's greener person. I need to be in different places. One of the things that I'm very fortunate for and one of the things I'm very grateful for, and one of the things that I love about the state of California and southern California is that we have the best farmers markets because well we have a lot of the farms, so much incredible produce is grown every single day in the state of California. And you know, I'm lucky enough that I have a great farmer's market every Sunday in my neighborhood, and you will get by far the best tasting tomatoes, the best tasting berries. There's people that do eggs. It is a very beautiful community building thing that I really wish we would incentivize more. And by the way, there should really be public awareness for all the people that are on Snap or CalFresh EBT.
Speaker 2: I don't know how widely.
Speaker 3: It is known that you can use those benefits at a farmer's market, and we should be doubling and tripling down on that. I think we should be so encouraging that, and we should not let you use those things at Walmart.
Speaker 2: We should not allow here's my new theory.
Speaker 3: If you are an employer that pays people so little that they're on food stamps, you as a company Walmart cannot accept those food stamps because that is a triple dip subsidy. I think, so if we're going to subsidize somebody with food stamps, it should be the farmer's markets, and so we should be making that easier. But another thing, and this is on just the whole way that farmers markets operate, and it needs to be uniform if you want me to be a regular farmer's market person again, because I currently am not. I currently do most of my grocery shopping at Trader Joe's, in a little at Ralph's.
Speaker 2: And while I love my local.
Speaker 3: Farmers market, I don't go as much these days, and it's because a lot of the farmer's market stands in twenty twenty six are not accepting credit cards. There are a few things that I am just I'm a millennial kid, and you're not gonna change me. I do not understand the mail. I do not send letters. I don't like the mail. One of the things that frustrates me more than anything else is the stack of junk that comes into my mailbox every single day. I hate it. I also hate carrying cash. I don't like it, and I'm not a fan of having to go to an ATM or go to Ralphs and then get the cash and have to pay the fee to then have cash so I can go to the farmer's market. Right now, There's only one instance in my life where I need cash, and that is to tip the parking lot guy at the Pantagious Theater.
Speaker 2: But I don't like having.
Speaker 3: Cash, and the best farmers market stand, the one that every body goes to at the Encino farmers Market, is the John Gibbons Farm out of Santa Barbara County. The best produce you'll ever have, but they only accept cash and I could get over that. But I'm sure you know where I'm going with this. I have an addiction to credit card points. After being able to accumulate enough points to take a free European vacation where my wife and I flew business class to Dublin and flew home business class from Madrid. Every hotels day was paid for with points. The best vacation I ever took in my life, and outside of food and drink, it was all free. Because I maximize my credit card points. I've got my American Express Gold which gives me four X points on all supermarket purchases. If I had a way to earn credit card points while supporting my local farmers' markets, I would.
Speaker 2: Take advantage of that every single day.
Speaker 3: Because while I love the fresh produce, I happen to think that the produce at Trader Joe's is great and very very very reasonably priced. But I always find myself working towards that goal. Like I said, my life priorities are more travel doing things like this, working from Toronto for a week. Although I pay for these flights, but that's because I'm saving all the points for a nice business class flight for maybe a trip this winter. But in order to do that, I try to make sure that I'm not spending any money that I'm not accumulating points for. That's just that's one of my goals and it keeps me focused. So maybe my priority should be to support the local farmers market instead. But I really like my European vacations, and I see on my credit card bills how much I spend on groceries, and it would drive me crazy knowing how much untapped potential that there is because I am not using my credit card if I need to go get one hundred dollars in cash to go to the farmer's market. But I like the people are exploring their farmers markets. Like I said, we have great produce. It's a great community building event just across the board. Let's all work to wards making sure that people on food stamps can use farmers' markets, and that we make people more aware that that is a thing. Disincentivize the big employers that pay people so little that they're on food stamps from profiting off of food stamps.
Speaker 2: Also, I think.
Speaker 3: We're at a point the food stamps should not be used at McDonald's, The food stamp should not be used at Pizza Hut. If we are paying for somebody to eat, it should be with the healthiest food is possible, because if they cannot afford food and they're on food stamps, they're probably also on medical and I want to make sure that that person doesn't get diabetes from the food that.
Speaker 2: I am paying for. But that's just my little idea.
Speaker 3: You know, it has been an incredible week broadcasting from the residence in in downtown Toronto. I have had so much fun being here. I walked five miles this morning. The weather was perfect. I thought it was gonna be really hot and muggy. The weather's been gorgeous this week. I just sometimes I get really lucky with weather, and it is beautiful being in a place that you know you're on the water because you're on Lake Ontario, so you can go south and you can walk along the water. I did that for two or three miles this morning. You can go into the city centers look at the impressive skyline. Toronto is such a modern city because so many of the streets, so many of the buildings, look so new. There definitely are historic districts, and I walked through the Distillery District, which is, you know, lots more brick and cobblestone. But it's been a really fun time and I've had a lot of fun exploring the food scene of Toronto. I have had more than my fair share of poutine. But also this morning, I was just wandering around, I realized I was close to the Saint Lawrence Market, so I popped into the Carousel Bakery and I got me another pe meal bacon sandwich. I never even knew pea meal was a thing, but it's a pea meal crusted, you know, ham sandwich.
Speaker 2: The bacon ham.
Speaker 3: It's cooked and then you put a little mustard or hot sauce on the kaiser rull. It is such good eating and I'm having a great time. Also, love Canadian beers. I don't know why Canadian beers are excellent. Thank you all so much for being part of his show. I'll be back in Los Angeles next week unless my flight gets really delayed. Have a wonderful weekend, everybody. It's the News Blitz with Randy wang KABC