Speaker 1: Giants Guardians the finale. Good morning to you. I'm John Miller with Giants manager Tony Bicello and Tony last night. What a game that was for the Giants and Vici barr Koco kind of took over an inning. There so many people contributed, but he's the one who knocked in the run with the two out of head and then he saved a couple of runs with a diving catch in the same inning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a tremendous effort out of him and just a great game. Afterwards, I was kind of going back to the locker room and my first instinct was like, what a fun game. But then I thought about it and I was like, that wasn't fun at all. It was every moment was stressful, and that inning defines it.
Speaker 3: He barely makes a catch.
Speaker 2: He got a stressful ending going on with two guys on, but inches make the difference, and he made a great diving catch and then same thing.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a ball he hammered.
Speaker 2: It was, you know, just well enough hit into the sixth hole that it got us one run and that ends up being the difference in a you know, tightly contested game.
Speaker 1: I from upstairs. On the catch that he made off the bat, I thought, well, that's a hit. Then I was desponding out there, and then all of a sudden he makes the cag How did it look from where you were?
Speaker 2: The first reaction was dang it, because it would have taken a sports center play out of a sabby, but we could have been out of the inning. You know, a ground ball gets hit with two outs and you think, man howser's cruising, and next thing you know, it's back to back hits and here comes, you know, another good swing. And the first reaction for me was the same thing was damn it. You know, here's at least a run and this inning is going to continue on. Next thing you know, he goes flying into the air and making a catch similar to what he made it Oracle, And then there was one at Oracle.
Speaker 3: He went a little bit towards the line.
Speaker 2: He seems to have done very well throwing the baseball and making that play coming in.
Speaker 3: I think, like all of our outfielders, if we can.
Speaker 2: Get these guys more reps and more comfortable around the outfield wall, they can take a step further in their development.
Speaker 3: But right now it's just fun to have.
Speaker 2: Vic out there every other day, every couple of days and see him grown.
Speaker 1: The game ends up with Dylan Smith comeing in and he inherits a runner and immediately throws a wild pitch and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh my god, here we go.
Speaker 1: I did. But then he gave one of the great performances late in the game of two innings, say five strikeout, and he struck out the side with that runner a second in the eighth inning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that was a true save situation. And I guess at some point we'll like name a closer. That's a little foreign to me.
Speaker 3: I don't you know.
Speaker 2: I don't see why you've got to put yourself in a box. You do do definitely have a If you had a preference, you want a guy that is consistently your ninth inning guy, you know. But for him, there's some flexibility, And we saw the eighth inning as a potential save opportunity, and it became that when he threw the ball in the dirt, he throws.
Speaker 3: Every pitch with conviction. And you know, he's young.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's wilder or it's in the dirt, but you know, leaving that running runner strand at second was awesome, and then just a total body of work.
Speaker 3: Look at it.
Speaker 2: Any saving the big leagues is difficult to get. A two inning save is incredibly difficult. On the road is even more. And then just a one run gap. So you put it all into one, it's about as difficult as you can.
Speaker 1: Get, right, Giants, Guardians. We'll talk about today's game, the rubber match of this series when we continue now more twenty three hour with the skipper of the Giants, Tony Icannel, and today Landon Roope shakes the hill and he's up against a very strong right hand and one of the best for the Guardians, Gavin Williams. What can you tell us about Williams?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Gavin's Parker Massek and Gavin are there are two guys they've.
Speaker 3: Had all year long that are there guys.
Speaker 2: And you know, talking with Stephen Boat, he's going to be given a long lease. So it really becomes kind of what our season has been, how well do we do against the starter? And Cleveland's bullpen is so good, so you know you've got ninety to one hundred pitches in front of you to compete against this guy. We really need to make our mark and our lineup is he's been very neutral, consistent, consistently good against righty's and lefties. But we've got a lot of lefties in the lineup, so that's kind of the game within the game is how can our left handers do against Williams, who's got a pretty good arsenal. Like I said, against righty's and lefties.
Speaker 1: In the lineup today, one of those lefties, Turner Hill, we could kind of pinch it double the other night. He's got a big rooting section here, maybe more in the stands for this series than even in San Francisco, where he had forty tickets left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it was a lot more than forty the other night. And we'll be today here.
Speaker 2: You know, Mariette is a couple hours from here, but from this area, and it's good to consistently kind of keep those guys rotating. I think we'll be able to keep our outfielders fresh from here on out.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of game, especially when you're.
Speaker 2: Throwing that extra braves game, but also try and go for favorable matchups or at the very least put guys in a position to succeed. And you know, today he's in a good spot to show his family and friends what he can do.
Speaker 1: Williadmas back? Is he fully healthy from that?
Speaker 3: That back problem is you know, if.
Speaker 1: You look pretty good at the plane.
Speaker 3: No, he did. He swung it well.
Speaker 2: I think part of that is being fresh of mind and fresh of body. But I think we'd be overextending ourselves if we said he was one hundred percent or even close to that. If you ask him, he's just gonna say I'm good. But I tried to watch pretty closely, and he made an incredible play going up the middle. He had a base stolen, it ended up being strike three, and he had the hits.
Speaker 3: So he's moving quick.
Speaker 2: He's playing well. But I do think it's something that we'll try and keep a close eye on and something that we'll try and pry the honesty out of him on how he feels. But I think he's playing out there, grinding through probably some discomfort.
Speaker 1: Giants, Guardians, the finale, the rubber match, and that's the Tony Bicello Show for today.