Speaker 1: Okay, the fun So they've done the dirty work of the radio business.
Speaker 2: Anybody messes this thing up to me tonight it's.
Speaker 3: True engineering, board, operating, and producing.
Speaker 2: Not only are you fired, your life is.
Speaker 1: Old and now they have their microphone. What could go wrong?
Speaker 2: Nobody messes up?
Speaker 1: Understand me, don't mess.
Speaker 3: Up, Adam Copeland.
Speaker 4: You want some sort of like hard hitting Bob Lee journalism. We came to the wrong place.
Speaker 1: Derek Papa, oh boy, Okay's and Tim webb.
Speaker 5: Man KEI yesterday.
Speaker 6: So it's a.
Speaker 7: Dirty job, but someone's got to do it.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous, completely ridiculous. Welcome to Dirty Work, K and B R one O four five and six eighty the Sports Leader.
Speaker 4: It's dirty work on a Friday afternoon. Adam Copeland, Deep Pope with you Live from the Patty like fifty eight so show where the Giants are opening any three game series and a home stand here tonight against the Detroit Tigers. Detroit Detroit.
Speaker 1: We've talked about this before, right their chance?
Speaker 4: What do you go with? Do you say Detroit or do you say Detroit Detroit? Yeah, Detroit, you say fast Some people say Detroit. Tray bast Fred McDuffie or Trey mcbrown do you say fast and people don't people don't catch on. We'll be with you all afternoon long and into the into the evening.
Speaker 7: As I first pitched that night, seven fifteen, a six fifteen pregame. You can hear it all.
Speaker 4: Right here on the Sports Leader and of course Wall of Fame weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, So they're scoopleless Trek scoobles with the Dodgers now scoobleists. They're scoopless.
Speaker 7: What's that mean?
Speaker 1: They're without Trek scoobl Oh.
Speaker 7: Scoobul less. Gotcha?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, there's going I was like, did you catch this? I was like this, I was like, what is that?
Speaker 3: An?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: What do you The Tigers are suffering from a scoopba litis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they don't have me scoo list Yeah, other teams had scooballitis when he was a Tiger.
Speaker 7: Of course they probably still have it now just in the NL West.
Speaker 1: Well, well, we'll talk about with John Morosi, like was this the best offer on the table from the Dodgers. But also it sounds like Scoobl's already talking to the Dodger media saying like, if the Tiger's offered me a contract in the off season, I would love to go back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, dude, that's incredible.
Speaker 4: What a guy's willing to do that when a guy loves to be where he is and he's like, I like pitching here. I thought we had something special going and things didn't go well this year, so he had to be moved. But there was another report I saw either last night or this morning about more on that trade from schoobl And it was something like the Tigers went out to all of the teams that were interested in acquiring him and said, hey, we are trading him today.
Speaker 7: Because remember they traded him on a Saturday.
Speaker 1: Saturday night, right when the Giants were gonna walked off by the podcast, right.
Speaker 4: The deadline was on Monday afternoon West coast evening in the East coast six fe eastern on that Monday, August this past Monday. They and we kept saying like, couldn't isn't this offer if it were here on Saturday, wouldn't that offer have been there on Monday or something Simill might have improved, that's what you're saying. But apparently they said we're trading him tonight. Yeah, we want to get him out of here. I don't know why there was an urgency or level of urgency. I guess they felt their.
Speaker 1: Ass They already bought the plane tickets.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 7: I saw an.
Speaker 4: Interview with Scool yesterday, which is funny because he was sitting in front of a frame jersey of himself and.
Speaker 7: It was a Tiger's jersey.
Speaker 1: Nice. He's like that.
Speaker 7: I was like, I don't know whatever it was. It was like a tiger jersey behind him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And he was talking about going to the Dodgers and if he was surprised, and he said, I'm not really surprised. The Dodgers do this kind of thing at the deadline, and they do it in the off season with free agents, so like, I wasn't surprised at all, he said, I just was kind of going about my business and waiting to see if I heard. But he said it definitely wasn't a surprise that it was LA, even though they hadn't talked to him specifically about Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: I mean the night that he got traded. Though I don't know if he didn't pitch that night obviously, but he because he pitched the following Tuesday, so he did like a mini press conference. It was almost reminiscent of Wayne Gretzky when he got traded from Emmitton to LA and he was like crying. It didn't say the words I don't want to go. He kind of felt like he didn't want to go. So obviously, you know, get around to the idea and you're like, all right, I have to do this now I've already been traded, is what it is. Kind of felt like Freddy Freeman felt that way, like it was a different deal because he was a free agent, but like that'll pray this conference. He was like, you know, my agent's forcing me to do this. It's like, yeah, dude, you're staying the contract. At the end of the day with Scooble, yeah, he's conflicted about this. I'm still surprised that weren't better offers, and we'll talk to John Morosi about that at two thirty. But yeah, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he comes back.
Speaker 4: John Morosi joins us MLB Network and the NHL Network. Yes, we can talk some sharks with him as well. John Morossy at two thirty for about a half hour twenty five minutes. We'll catch up with with John Morosi, Ted new Inn of The Athletic at two fifty breaking down some tape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, going next to the nose, we'll talk Kyle Shanahan as a play caller.
Speaker 7: Well, he had a grit Starry interrupt you.
Speaker 4: He had a great tweet Ted, noway last night, did you see because we were talking about the the new Nicholas Cage Jan Matt and Yeah, the where he's gonna play Madden in that movie with Christian baleis al Davis. Yeah, and there's a there's like a still shot from one of the yes seat in one of the previews.
Speaker 1: He's diagramming a play.
Speaker 4: He's diagramming a play, but it's on like like transparent board, or.
Speaker 7: It's on like glass or something like a window.
Speaker 4: And so you're looking at Nick Cage is Madden and riding on the window, but you're on the other side the glass, like staring at his face. Yeah, but you look at the exces and o's and it's all just like a bunch of exison o's.
Speaker 7: That don't mean they clearly are the design of a play.
Speaker 4: And Ted tweeted out a screenshot of it and said I'm kind of concerned about the diagramming here, a little concerned about how this is gonna break down. But that's the stuff you gotta have, right in a movie like that. But that's like a quick shot, that's just why tell straighter.
Speaker 1: But if it's where John Madden's not really talking like real football, then this movie's gonna be terrible. And also Nicholas Cage and he's knockingna have the park as John Madden, why wouldn't I knock it out of the park. Boom. I'm not going on this train anymore.
Speaker 7: Talking to kN acting Boom, get.
Speaker 1: Me the hell off this plane. I'm scared.
Speaker 4: You'll never beat vic In not in O four one of the greatest football players in any game ever.
Speaker 7: Oh I was greatest.
Speaker 1: Real quick. I want to bring this up. We've been talking about obviously what's been going on here at Camby Are the last few days. And I spoke to my father last night for about an hour, and sure enough, when I pick up the phone, I thought we we talk about, like, you know, what's been going on lately. And as soon as I pick up the phone, I'm like, hey, what's up?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: He goes, Man, this cars some beck T relief and good huh. He immediately he immediately breaks into Hall of Fame. He was breaking unk Carson bec that's right, that that drive was incredible. Ninety eight Yeah, awesome, Mike Tom and a natural on TV was really good. And then and then like and then like while we wile aroud the conversations in between, like Keikley's on TV talking to the Hall of Fame, He's like, my god, Keikley, what a monster. And I was like, probably the greatest cover linebacker of all time, Patrick, But it this was good too, Like he's just like we're doing our own like little radio show where we're talking sports. The whole time we talked about my Cruco and he was like, did you guys talk about Creuco today? And not so much me? And I was like, yeah, we talked about Cruco. He goes good because Cruco deserves that. Cruco. I mean, he's the best baseball analyst I've probably been around. He's amazing. So talked about him, and then you know, we talked about what's gone on the last few days, and I just want to let everybody know that, yes, this is tough, but at the same time, my dad's been a pro for a long time now, and he's let go by numerous teams, so he's used to this. He'll be okay. And I also want to say this too, my man John Lund. He wrote a beautiful article this morning, and I know he's conflicted about this whole thing, and I love him dearly. And I know some people like coming down his road, and I don't appreciate that because it's tough.
Speaker 7: LUN's an amazing guy.
Speaker 1: You never the circumstances he's in right now. He had his job taken away from him, and he realizes that he's doing that to two other people, not directly, but obviously this is tough. It's a tough situation, obviously my father's situation. He loves my father, their brothers for life, so just recognize that this is hard for him as well. So I welcome along with open arms. And I just want to tell You'll tell you guys like you can feel a certain way. I'm not here to, you know, talk glowingly about the company or anything, but I just want everybody to know that my dad's okay.
Speaker 7: I think everybody appreciates hearing that. Man, That's what I said.
Speaker 4: I it's incredible because something that I would say about Greg Wick if you asked me to give in the time i've known him, like what his trade is is the dude cares more about just talking sports than anything else.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like, that's that's the point you're making.
Speaker 4: You you we feel like we're all working through this and going through this, and he's the guy that this happened to in the battle that he's got with with cancer and lukemia and all that right now and uh and then you pick up the phone and he's like you see that Beck slinging.
Speaker 7: That's that's incredible. Then that's incredible.
Speaker 4: I that that I think should warm everybody's heart and make you laugh and smile because that's the guy we love to hear on the radio, right, That's the dude that we we feel like we know because of how he makes us feel. But that's and that's why we joke about it in the sort of maniacal that's all, Well, did you know this quarter about though?
Speaker 7: Did you know about this though? I know about him?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 7: Of course, that's the bit because it's fun.
Speaker 1: He's always watching stuff and that's that's.
Speaker 7: All he's done.
Speaker 4: I Mean, he's he's probably watched more now and more intently than he even did when he was he was more healthy because he's got all this time. I know he's been entrenched in like every sporting event that's been going on. So uh, I appreciate you telling us that because that's uh, I think that's something everybody need to hear.
Speaker 1: And then it's one more funny thing. At the end, he was like, man, what the hell happened to Romo? Then Jesus Roma, He's like, my god, I don't know if he's ever get back on TV talking about losing again, dude ther CBS.
Speaker 7: Now, I was talking about like trying to get out of the.
Speaker 1: Mora, the moral class they were. They were looking for their opening because I'm not a big Tony Romo guy like when he first started ten years ago, and he was like over the top. Yeah, well he was unique, but also like it was a little annoying whenever whenever there was a big play, he was like, oh Jimmy, here we go. But also he was breaking down plays before they happened, and I appreciated that. But some producer got in his ear and said, stop that be more like John Madden where you're doing X's and o's. But also, you're funny. He's not funny, and he's not on everyman, and when he makes jokes are so awkward. He's not really prepared either too. So I would say jj wat's gonna be an upgrade, But I don't like the way CBS did this. To be honest, I dirty work.
Speaker 4: With you live on a Friday afternoon from the patio of fifty eight Social just outside of Oracle Park. We got Giants pre game at six fifteen. Tonight seven fifteen first pitch Giants and the Tigers. John Morosi gonna join us MLB Network at NHL at work. We'll pick his brain about what just went down with the trade deadline and really his scope on the Giants franchise and organizational philosophy going forward. Ted Newin joins us at two fifty from the Athletic talking some x's and o's, and then Marcus Thompson at three fifty, the best sports writer in the country, joins us. A little bit later. At three fifty, we got Chips McCarthy back on the the Ones and Tuesday the can be our headquarters.
Speaker 1: And I hear he's got his own intro.
Speaker 7: He has like his very own like a show intro. Oh yeah, what do you mean you hear He's got his.
Speaker 1: Own ends Like he told me, he made it all right.
Speaker 4: We'll hear the Chips McCarthy intro and from how about this? And from Buster Posey who was on the Morns Show. Next Dirty Work from fifty eight Social giving him his own open huh on the Chips Chips McCarthy opened The Leader.
Speaker 3: Back to Dirty Work. Adam Copeland and Derek Popa on K and B R one O four, five and six eighty Am the Sports Leader.
Speaker 4: Dirty Work all day Friday afternoon. Adam Copeland deep pop with you a lot from the past. How do you at fifty eight Social Giants and the Tigers tonight at seven fifteen to six fifteen pre game. You can hear it all only here on the Sports Leader Hall of Fame Weekend, Buster Posey, Brandon Crawford, Brandon Bell, Pablo Sandoval and Joe Panic all going into the Giants Wall of Fame this weekend and none of that. We'll have a live television crew here to cover it, so it will be only available if you're not in the ballpark.
Speaker 7: Right here on the Sports Leader.
Speaker 4: We'll catch up with John Morosi at the NBA of the excuse me all the other networks, MLB and NHL networks. He's going to join us coming up here at the bottom of the hour. But before we get into that, Buster Posey, we didn't get to this soun yesterday. Was it yesterday that he was on with Marcus.
Speaker 1: And jd Oh? He was on yesterday?
Speaker 7: Oh dude, he was. He was taking shots at the end of that.
Speaker 4: You know what, I kind of like it. I kind of like it too. I like him getting salty there, you know what I mean. I like him being like, you better make sure the mics aren't a hot if you're going to run your mouth about me.
Speaker 7: I was like, that's a pretty good supreinga love.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally fair. That's what I would have said in response, you know what I mean. So, uh, here's what here's what's laughing.
Speaker 1: Ha ha ha.
Speaker 4: Here's what Buster Posey said. Where are we starting here on the on the reason they traded Ramos?
Speaker 7: Sure? Is that where it is?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: So here's why. Let me ask you first and see if you're right. Why do you think they traded Ramos.
Speaker 1: Because they're one in nineteen games will low five hundred, not none of the time. The trade deadline, but.
Speaker 7: Never mind, that's just going a reason as anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh that and also he's a young player. You could get a good return for him, he's under team control. Why not.
Speaker 7: I like that, dude, I like I like that reason. Let's see if Buster agreed.
Speaker 4: Here's here's Buster posey on why the Giants traded Elliott Ramos.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I mean it really boiled down to you. I mean, the the I guess, the rhetoric around we're gonna listen on everybody was true. Unfortunately, we've had a really rough year and so like we're in a position where we had to do that. So you know, going into the deadline, it wasn't like, hey, we're going to move Ramos. It was like, let's let's listen and if we get an offer, we like, we've got to seriously entertain it. And it was more that than anything else. I mean, Ramos obviously former All Star great players, still still relatively young, so not something that we came to lightly. But yeah, you know, to get back Henry Lalane, who's a six' eight left handed starter who's stood in the mid nineties right now with the plus change up and a slider twenty two years. Old we felt like we really need to add some pitching to our to our. Organization and he was a guy that was. Able he was a guy that kind of moved the needle for us on. That and then you Know Cayden kent as, well really nice. Wing it's it's funny right With bonds And.
Speaker 1: Kent.
Speaker 9: NOW i was talking To jeff the other day and he was, Like, hey you're trying to take heat off yourself by by having The Canton bonds back in the in the. Organization AND i was laughing with. Him but you, know he's another really really nice player that we're excited. About so, yeah not an easy decision to move on From, ramos but we felt like we got some some, good good talent in that in that.
Speaker 7: Deal, YEAH i think.
Speaker 4: It's really funny That Jeff kent is Purely Jeff kent all the. Time he, said, yeah you try to you got some. Pressure how are they trying to.
Speaker 1: Take it off their?
Speaker 4: SELF i can imagine That Jeff kn's is straight to his, face AND i love that He's, yeah he's joking, around he's messing around or, whatever but he's aware of what's going.
Speaker 1: On oh, Yeah first of, all you're.
Speaker 7: RIGHT i, mean of course you're right about why that they Traded Elliott ramas they felt like they needed to replenish part of the. Organization they got a good return on.
Speaker 4: HIM i think more to the point there, though to, me the biggest THING i heard was him, saying, yeah all the reports that we were listening on everybody were.
Speaker 1: True so said that we were.
Speaker 4: ABODY i, MEAN i think everybody but the player he, said was not being listened to Logan, web because he did.
Speaker 7: Make that clear numerous.
Speaker 4: TIMES i think now he says everybody he's not INCLUDING. X i don't think we need to keep asking you mean Logan. Web he's, like we already talked about.
Speaker 7: THAT i.
Speaker 4: Think more to the, point even if they, were they didn't move, him and it was taking a lot more.
Speaker 1: SO i saw rumors though that there was something in, play maybe with The. BREWERS i do want to ask you A morosi about. That how if there were, conversations.
Speaker 4: Did you like what he's heard, about whether or not's he's ever actually called on Logan, web and whether they believe like should you believe when a team ever says they're not talking about that.
Speaker 1: Player, no you. Shouldn't BUT i think that in this, Case Buster posey's, Like i'm not Trading Logan, web but that people are, like, okay what IF i offer you, this this or. That he's, like let, me let me think about it and get back to. You that's. It in the, end they said. No BUT i do think that when they're open to. Everybody but you start off by saying, no we're not trading him and then make me change my.
Speaker 4: Mind so how different is that in your mind than Like Tampa Bay bucks, YESTERDAY i, said we're not Trading Vida.
Speaker 1: Veda they'll trade.
Speaker 4: Him, yeah of course that's because that's the best you. ASK i was, like that's exactly what i'd say IF i was looking to move, him, right we're not trading this if.
Speaker 1: He's not coming back at, all and it's apparent that not even, practice if he's not going to practice, whatsoever then they're, like what are we? Doing, yeah, exactly and we're not going to pay you thirty million a year to be a nose?
Speaker 4: Tackle, no, okay is it any different than The, celtics which we know the? Results saying, well we were only Shopping Jayalen brown for one. Player if we could Get, yannest then we would trade. Him and then they didn't Get, Yannest they're, like all, right, well we're still going to trade.
Speaker 2: Him you.
Speaker 4: KNOW i remember initially they're, like We'rell i'm not still going to trade, Him AND i said to, you how could they? Not you got to bring him back saying there's only one player in the world that we're going to trade him.
Speaker 1: For what's kind of murky about the whole thing is, like wasn't really Where, okay we're only going traded For. Giannis then he comes back and he's, Like i'm okay with.
Speaker 4: That that's What i'm saying IS i was, like If i'm the, Player i'm, like, What so you, DIDN'T i mean you, didn't like you're.
Speaker 1: Just waiting for a player that you Think brown caused a Stink and, honestly there's nothing going on there with him Adjacent tatum WHERE i think he was comfortable with him.
Speaker 4: Leaving, YEAH i think THAT'S i think that's all kind of where it fell. To All, right moving on here with More Buster posey signing In John, MOROSI Mlb network is going to join us here at the bottom of the, Hour buster was asked if there's a two timeline approach of this?
Speaker 7: Team did The warriors did they hurt us with?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 4: Like did this term exist about? TEAMS i think it prior to The Golden State. Warriors, no certainly in this era or in this region of the. Country, no it originated with The. Warriors but like where else where? Else does this exist outside of The Golden State? Warriors like who else.
Speaker 7: Is using it?
Speaker 1: Currently?
Speaker 4: NO i, mean like what Other i'm trying to think of other franchises and history that have openly talked about a two timeline approach the way we talked about The.
Speaker 7: Warriors, WELL i feel like it's just A warrior, Thing, OKAY I.
Speaker 1: I forget the history of. It it's Either Tim kawakami Or Joe lacap who came up with this term two. Timeline but, honestly there's been.
Speaker 7: Numerous on another. TIMELINE i brought it here anothers.
Speaker 1: Too there's there's there's multiple examples of this happening where you get equal parts, younger but also keep your veterans in, place and then if you keep, losing then you sell them. Off like to a, degree it happened last year with the forty nine. Ers will they say goodbye to a lot of. Veterans they had their veterans in place with Brock perty And kittle And Fred warner bost of the guys that, contracts and they brought in a lot of. Rookies so it happens all the.
Speaker 4: Time they never say this In San antonio With duncan because like you could you could sort of see that.
Speaker 7: Happening but that's.
Speaker 4: Those were more transitions from, like, yeah it's not like it's not Like kawhi went and got another one After Tim. Duncan he was THE mvp of that team in the way that in the, Finals oh you're saying, It, yeah, yeah in the way That Tim duncan was the YOUNG mvp when they won it With David, robinson right, right you get What i'm. Saying, so like the difference is having the championship team and then just having another, one which that's why we say it's like it's virtually impossible to.
Speaker 1: Have but is that always the? Case like even if you wants to a if you're mostly comprised of, veterans arn'tie also bringing in rookies that could have an impact happens all the. Time it's, like it's not like in a team comprised of just, veterans like The over The Hill gang with The once upon A Time washington raise, yourself, Everybody, redskins.
Speaker 7: Whoa, dude you gotta knock that. Off, man it was their. Name don't say, that, dude it's.
Speaker 1: Over don't judge, Me, joey it's.
Speaker 7: Over, Man, joey you don't like?
Speaker 4: It or young promo got been, Like oh that's a. Disgrace, wait so you didn't say, it so you support the? Name is that what you're, Saying?
Speaker 1: Joey, well why don't support? It what's your last?
Speaker 4: Name so everybody knows where to send their. Hate you give me your last name and write it down so we can put it in the. Chat people need to know who to. Hate, Joey, Uh, joey no last name for right. Now for right, Now i'll find. Out i'll get to the bottom of. This what would a two timeline appress look like with The, giants, like.
Speaker 1: CAUSE i assume we're right now, honestly.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah but right now there's no.
Speaker 4: Timeline so my point, is does it look like contributing to The Major league roster with assets that will continue to help it, win or while you're trying to develop, talent Right that's that's what a two timeline would have to be because there's no winning timeline right.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah otherwise you're always just in the two. TIMELINE i guess when all these pitchers get called up and then we'll see what the roster, is it is it still gonna Be Junghu lee And Logan webb and a lot of these. VETERANS i think.
Speaker 4: It's far more specific with A giants team that's not winning for as long as they. HAVE i don't know how you can have two timelines except that you're painted Into really calling it two timelines is. Generous you've painted yourself into a corner financially right, right and you're not willing to spend to get out of, it because that's the other. Way you spend add a bunch more or you spend to make it go away together it and they're not willing to do.
Speaker 1: So which timeline are you jumping to which there's No are you jumping the? Future?
Speaker 7: Yeah well, yeah? Yeah that T i mean IS i can't imagine there's two.
Speaker 4: Timelines let's see what buster, says, okay, buster is there a two timeline approach to this?
Speaker 9: THING i guess What i'll say is IS i definitely came into this job with the expectation that the big league team was going to, win and we made some moves hoping that we could put a team on the field that could. Win and unfortunately it hasn't worked out this year or last year. Too you, know you're kind of middle of the pack last. Year and What i'll say is, IS i Think Raffie devers is, still you, know in his. PRIME i think there's a solid chance that he ends up hitting thirty homers this year and driving in close to one hundred and kadamis HIS i, MEAN i don't want to speak for, him BUT i think if you asked, him he probably isn't happy with his performance and feels like there's still more in the. Tank and you look At Matt chapman and be before the, injury he was still performing as an elite third. BASEMENT i, mean the defense is, there the base running is, there and and bat was coming. On so there's there's no doubt for. Me and it's you know that these guys can continue to be really Good big leaders for years to, come and then we're we're hoping to sprinkle in some young. Talent With eldridge is already, here you, know some of the some of the position player prospects should be ready to go here and the next year or, two and the pitching hopefully not too far. Behind so baseball is the fun. GAME i, MEAN i got to live it as a, player and you, know some, years some years things don't work out for you, know multitude or, reasons and then the next year everything comes together AND i think that there's a there's a really good chance with this group that you, know you get you get back and reset and we're looking at a different type of team come twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Seven so it sounds like, no it sounds like like, no he's say reset with this. Team it's it's It's he's he pretty pretty openly talked about the investment in the. Future, yeah talked about when we get these guys up. Here Obviously eldridge is already, here but he's excited about, guys and he's mentioned in guys that are in the lower levels of the minor, leagues and he's, saying you, Know i've been on teams where you know it's not working one, year but you reset and you come back and there's a good. Chance AND i think what he's saying is there's vets here and not on this team that could turn things around and be the core of, something even if it's short. Lived, Right AND i don't disagree with, That, like if everything clicked one.
Speaker 7: Year for all four of these guys with, that surprise you next. Year, no not really three.
Speaker 4: Of these, GUYS i should say that the expensive dudes like that wouldn't surprise. Me DO i believe it's the way The giants need to build for the. Future, No so there's one. Timeline, really when you're not, winning there's there's no two timeline. Approach right when you're not, winning you're only on the timeline of trying to get better. Now and sometimes in baseball that happens behind the scenes at the lower. Levels in, football it's like get better guys in, here get better coaches in. Here in, basketball it's like you can clean house pretty quick because there's only fifteen guys on a. Roster baseball one timeline looks like this could be a couple of. Years, yeah like The White, sox but The giants aren't in that teardown mode.
Speaker 1: NOW i, mean you got quicker turnar rounds of, baseball so we'll see what. Happens BUT i, think, like, Yeah busher was. Honest they're saying LIKE i had a vision in, mind and then, oops this team is not very. Good let's. Pivot and of COURSE i tried to trade away most of these. Guys and then the, END i couldn't you Think buster said that what?
Speaker 7: Game what was the?
Speaker 4: Moment buster was sitting there watching and he's just he watches the. Game he's, like, uh, oops it is a.
Speaker 1: Funny probably probably When Willia domas forgot how many outs? Work? Oops? Yeah, man but but but but more of as our castic oops where he's, like, oops will Eat?
Speaker 7: Jesus, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Jesus i'd just like the idea Of busser staring straight at the field Is, oops that's a seven to one leading Versus.
Speaker 1: Oops.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway appreciate the honesty or the the candor A buster, there and the and the hope that this thing will. CHANGE i, mean it's like my plan was at come in and win, fast, okay and we have.
Speaker 7: Them we gotta get out from a.
Speaker 1: Roast we dou but real, quick so we have, Time, chips let's hear.
Speaker 4: It, Oh chips McCarthy has his Own, yeah centered, up he has his own open for the show for.
Speaker 7: Himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look let's run on. Time let's go right.
Speaker 6: Bands here we go with the main event of.
Speaker 1: The, evening the Fantastic Young chips.
Speaker 4: McCarthy chips, McCarthy chips McCarthy.
Speaker 1: At of Kid chips is the nickname is because he eats potato chips a?
Speaker 2: Lot is that?
Speaker 10: It, well there you.
Speaker 1: Go we should have just safety so we could have sent it up bigger and better and been really blown it. Out FOR i kind of like.
Speaker 2: It we'll hear it.
Speaker 7: Again we'll set this up.
Speaker 4: Later you're, like let's hear it as if anybody listening to, that even at three, o'clocks if anybody.
Speaker 7: Listened to At BASEBALL'S i got any idea what we were talking.
Speaker 1: Too let's hear, It, Chips people, like what the hell are you talking? To my?
Speaker 7: Dad?
Speaker 1: DIRTY i thought it would say like now time For chips.
Speaker 7: McCarry, yeah but they don't know what that means. Either whatever we Got John, morosi he doesn't have it, open But chips. Does he'll join us next on These Sports.
Speaker 3: Leader now back To Dirty, Work Adam copeland And Derek papa in the K Nbr Casino Matrix Progressive Jackpots Studios Casino Matrix Progressive jackpots are. Here where are you just drop? In please play Responsibly call one eight hundred.
Speaker 4: Gambler all, right dirty work on A friday, Afternoon we're live with The patio fifty Eight social sitting right outside Of Oracle. Park gett you're ready for a seven fifteen first pitch Tonight giants and The tigers a six to fifteen.
Speaker 7: Pregame you could hear it all right here on The Sports.
Speaker 4: Leader let's talk Some giants ball and maybe some hockey too with our next.
Speaker 7: Against John morosi joins us on the.
Speaker 4: Umcast slane to see him on THE Mlb network and THE Nhl network one. Network don't you see him? On you hear him ON knbr right. Now, john great to have, you, man appreciate you making time for us.
Speaker 7: Today how are you?
Speaker 2: Doing? Great adam And.
Speaker 8: Derek always great to be on the air in the great city Of San, francisco especially with The tigers playing The. Giants how about that twenty Twelve World series? Rematch tell you. What The tigers are playing pretty good baseball right, now somewhat surprisingly after Trading Trek, Scougle so it should be a fun weekend of baseball.
Speaker 4: There, Yeah, baseball The American league get puts in particular so, weird and you, know trying to figure out which teams were, buyers which teams were, sellers because you, know with the expanded, playoffs so many. Teams you could have, said like twenty one to twenty two teams were in the mix around deadline. Time The, giants though one of the true, sellers moved six. PLAYERS i, MEAN i don't remember a time in my lifetime The giants have done anything like that being true sellers to the point of that many players moving off of the twenty six man. Roster when you talk to people around, baseball do other front offices.
Speaker 7: View with The?
Speaker 4: Giants did it the deadline as a, rebuild a, reset or something that can completely turn, around be it in the future or.
Speaker 8: Quickly, yeah it's a great question because when you look at a couple. Things Number, one you're in The National League, west, right so you've got this behemoth at the top of the division that's going nowhere regardless of whatever the rules of the game are when we next convene with labor, relations The dodgers will still be The, dodgers Right SO i think that it was the prudent. Approach as hard as it, was AND i was listening to some Of buster's comments there before the, Break as hard as that decision was to, make it was the right. Decision they there was no path for them to get into the upper echelon of this division right, now and especially not when you're trailing behind both the D backs and The podrays by a considerable.
Speaker 2: Margin so recognize.
Speaker 8: Where you're, at lean into that a little, bit and then move the guys that you can move without changing too much.
Speaker 2: Of who you. Are AND i think that's a fine.
Speaker 8: Line but The giants did its, obviously was getting later on in his in his, tenure and by the, way that's a Good it's a good job by The giants to bring in a player THAT i never understand why he's not valued more highly by the, marketplace and then he comes, in works With, wash gets better and and so there's a lot of really good things happening there THAT i hope that everybody around the industry, says you know, What San francisco is a good place to.
Speaker 2: Go we all know what an amazing baseball city is and what.
Speaker 8: A place it is in, general and so go go, there work with the coaching staff, there you get, better and it's a place to where. Eat you can either eventually win there or, like that's a good. Outcome, okay he's he's a respected.
Speaker 2: Player. People people know this, guy respect them like.
Speaker 8: Him when good players who have respect go to your, team play well and even if they move, on it's good for the, brand so to. Speak and when we've talked a lot in the last few years about, okay how much players are gonna sign with The, Giants, well this is a good, outcome so celebrate. That and THEN i, think, also you didn't have to Trade Logan web to bring back some. Value obviously you did Trade. Ray you, know we'll see how the prospects all play. Out you, know that's not my area of expertise as much knowing exactly what these guys all great out and. Do but it's it seems as, though based on those that know the prospect world better THAN i, do that The giants did pretty well. Here and and the other THING i like about the way they've brought the organization. Along is when you look at the top rankings of their farm, system a lot of middle. Infielders, okay those are hard guys to, find and eventually you're gonna want some youth at those positions to come up in the major leagues and whenever A damis's contract is, up et. Cetera you want, athletes you want guys that can play the, game and The giants are doing a better job of developing. THAT i Think eldridge is taking a. Step lee is taking a. Step so if you're gonna, struggle you might as well struggle in a year where you've got this unbeatable team with the top of the. Division you're not like really missing a window. Here you just have to retrench a little.
Speaker 2: Bit do.
Speaker 8: That and then the big thing is they Need devers to be. Better, okay they need A domas to be. Better they Need chapman to be. Healthier if you were going to start the year and Say devers would just be okay by his, Standards adamas would be below average as a major league, hitter which is what the numbers say is and That chapman would be, Hurt i'd say they're in, trouble and they're in. Trouble and this is not like sometimes we like to over complicate the. Game sometimes it's real, simple like The, Mariners Cal rowley hasn't hit this. Year guess what they're struggling In. Toronto gladdie hasn't.
Speaker 2: Hit they're.
Speaker 8: STRUGGLING i, mean it's like this is the game is both very complicated and sometimes very. Simple and and the simplicity of the game explains a lot of what has befallen The giants and The mariners and The jays this.
Speaker 1: Season John Bubba morosi on The uma guest line's been too, Long my Friend, pole my old.
Speaker 2: Nickname WHEN i was a. Kid, well well, Done. Derek but we're we're. Family your dad called me, that like what we are. Family it's all. Good i'm happy with.
Speaker 1: That, no, Absolutely, John so obviously not a true rebuild at the. Deadline But buster posey there in some of the audio we, played saying that you, know we let, Everybody we let baseball know that everybody was on the. Table so do you happen to know behind the scenes how close they were maybe to dealing A logan web or A Jungku lee or any of the big time contracts and would they possibly revisit that in the off. Season that's a great.
Speaker 8: QUESTION i don't believe that it was close close like on the five yard line's that's a lot of money to. Move BUT i will say this that the off SEASON i think becomes very interesting and and this is where we're kind of playing three dimensional chess without being able to look at the board right now because we don't know what the what the rules of the of engagement are going to be right with with THE, cba et. Cetera and so The, giants, though they are the kind of team that you could envision being one that needs to maybe get their payroll into compliance if you ever end up seeing a salary. Cap for, Example devers is making a ton of. Money, Okay adamas is making a lot of. Money web is making, money BUT i think the money for him is.
Speaker 2: Good like he's so important to. Them he grew up In.
Speaker 8: ROCKLAND i DON'T i would, not AND i don't think that they ever really were.
Speaker 2: Close to moving in because he's too.
Speaker 8: Important you need you need some guys to soak up innings that are part of the. Culture The, giants by the, WAY i, think are one of the teams that have gotten that as well as almost any other team throughout the Years i've covered. Baseball they understand that there are players their fans get used to seeing and want to, see and that they need to be. There AND i Think Logan webb is in that. Category, Lee i'm a Big Jung holeie. Fan i've watched Some placency was In korea back IN i met him in twenty. Nineteen Sometimes i'll if we have time in some, Way i'll tell you the story about meeting. Him but great, guy AND i think he's really gotten more and more familiar with With Major League. Baseball at the overall, situation he looks more and more. Comfortable he's a good player for this. Ballpark he's a good player for the. Organization and SO i WOULD i would not move.
Speaker 1: Him.
Speaker 8: Now would they ever attach a more attractive sort of younger player To?
Speaker 2: Devers? Maybe but then all of a, sudden you're saying.
Speaker 8: For another, team wait a, minute you want me to be now the third team to have him in a span of like two, Years that, like what's what's going on?
Speaker 2: Here SO i Think.
Speaker 8: Devers had whatever has sort of been an issue has to get. Fixed by him where he's at before we start talking about additional things that have to happen in the.
Speaker 4: Future John murreszie the voice you hear on THE umc guestline and you can see him on our video stream up on The Sports leader dot, com the, app and on on. YouTube uh right, Now, so like things have been tough For giants, fans AND i think we're all assuming it's gonna be kind of a tough you, know last couple of months as we get to look at some new guys and trying to find some bright spots for the. FUTURE i wouldn't. MIND i don't Think derek. Would if you got, time you want to tell us your your Meeting Jung hooley.
Speaker 7: Story he's a great.
Speaker 2: One so SO i interviewed.
Speaker 8: HIM i was on The world feed broadcast and basically if there's a tournament in the world THAT i can go, broadcast like sign me, Up i'm.
Speaker 2: Going SO i worked on.
Speaker 8: The world feed of the twenty nineteen premiere. TWELVE i INTERVIEWED i Interviewed Jungu lee on the field AND i and before like whenever you, know if you know, ME i love, languages SO i learned how to say congratulations and nice to meet you In. Korean for that particular, introduction the exact words are not coming to me right, now but just trust THAT i said it at the moment AND i felt good about. It SO i interviewed. HIM i congratulated. Him of, course the story of his dad being this great, player SO i learned about him well in advance of him coming To Major League. Baseball so this is his first week as A. Giant they're playing The, dodgers and he's making his debut At Dodger, stadium AND i WAS i was on the broadcast for that game with WITH, tnt so it WAS i think it Was Brian anderson And Jeff Frankr and. Me and so we're in the we're in The giants clubhouse At Dodger, stadium, saying you, know you, know going about getting our notes and having our. Meetings and on the way, OUT i See jung who. Again now this is THAT i hadn't seen him in like three. Years uh We the last TIME i saw him was again like in a postgame interview on the field In. Tokyo so this it's been a. While and SO i walk up to him and again at this point in, TIME i can like say three things In, korean like, hello nice to meet, you how are, you, congratulations like the, basics and SO I i walk up to him AND i, SAY i THINK i said, congratulations nice to meet you In, korean and he kind of he kind of, smiles and he pulls his interpreter over and he and the interpreter then says to, me as relays back With jung who said he.
Speaker 2: Said jung who, says that's not. Correct you met him three years ago In. TOKYO i, said, man that guy's, amazing.
Speaker 8: Like it's bevery like like, GUYS i am not that, memorable trust.
Speaker 2: Me and the fact that he like he liked he said it with a smile Like Tom.
Speaker 8: Morosi, no, no, no, no he can't use that word together with me because because he already used it.
Speaker 2: Once you gotta dance your, vocat, buddy you gotta learn some new.
Speaker 8: Phrases and it was like he was, smiling laughing so like so every every ever, SINCE i mean every TIME i ever see, him big, smile we always say hello back and forth like he's he's just a delightful person and like that's one of my all time favorite international baseball cultural connection.
Speaker 2: Stories like, no, no, no, no, no tell him that's. Wrong he met me before it was it was.
Speaker 1: Classic, no that's. Incredible talking To John morossi on THE uma Guest, LINE i saw it this morning ON Mlb network rocking To Mike Cruco. Jersey and of course we got the news yesterday that after thirty six seasons he's stepping away from the. Mic just your thoughts Of Mike kruko and what he's meant to baseball.
Speaker 2: Legend hall Of.
Speaker 8: Famer uh set the standard and and and this is for those of us in in the, Business, okay like like for years and years and, years people that are, broadcasting we will stay up late to watch The giants games because.
Speaker 2: The broadcast is that.
Speaker 8: Great and what makes it Great, okay of course it's the, scene it's the, team but it's the, voices and it's the. Friendship and and for all of us that have grown up loving the, game the magic of it is is friends talking and the game is. Happening and of course the iconic calls For kruk And. Kite but just when you feel like you get to just drop in on two best friends talking about the, game and you get to and there's that third stool on the, table and it's. Yours that's the, magic, Right that's why we do what we, do and that's why they're, great and that's why the two of them are such a great. Duo AND i mentioned this in the morning, too like the love and care they've got for each other families that goes so deep in ways that probably any of us can't really even fully. Understand but just the care and the kindness they've always shown for each, other and the way they represent the game they are as they are as important to The giants, organization and the way that those of us who get a chance to Visit San francisco from time to time and watch the, games they are as important or more important than any. PLAYER i really believe, that and that they are that important so. Institutions and the thing is, too one of the THINGS i love about this is that their greatness has been fully appreciated by The giants. Fans this is NOT i am not telling you anything you don't already. Know i'm Just i'm just telling you something that that for, me a guy from a small town In, MICHIGAN i get it, too and and that to, ME i JUST i hope that everyone just has that that satisfaction and knowing that when you've got that guy or in this, case that the two of them together and and it's, magic like we felt that way With Ernie harwell And Michigan Vin scully obviously IN. LA i, mean this is this is the mount rushmore of of this profession and this, sport and SO I i just want them to know how MUCH i appreciate the.
Speaker 2: Standards they have set for.
Speaker 8: Us anybody that has the, microphone that does anything with, baseball they're all part of the standard that has been set for us to try to. Follow and the best way that they've done it is that they didn't think about their. Careers it's like they've done it by being themselves totally. Authentic they didn't learn this in a broadcast. School they learned this in the, dugout in the, clubhouse on the, field and it's. Them AND i think that's whenever a young people ask, Me, okay what DO i want to do in this? Business, basically and What kruk And kipe have shown us is be, you be, you and and the way they did it is so brilliant and have done it is so brilliant AND i just hope for obviously just the best of the best of health and happiness To mike And, jennifer the whole, family and just thanks thanks to them for all they've done for us.
Speaker 4: So, well Said JOHN. Morossi with us on The yuma guess we don't have tons of. Time we do have to, Run but, DUDE i, SAID i was gonna do it BECAUSE i want to hear from you on this And i'll just go big like a you, know thirty thousand foot mac review on.
Speaker 11: It.
Speaker 7: Here how high are the expectations.
Speaker 4: For The sharks in twenty twenty, six, CAUSE i mean playoffs are on the baseline as far as.
Speaker 8: YES i, mean when you have arguably the best forward in the world right, now he's on your, Teams he's that good and that's not breaking news if you watch.
Speaker 2: Him but this is just the.
Speaker 8: OPINION i, mean McDavid is, amazing, obviously but when you look at celebrating what he can, do he's got a contract that proves. It and If i'm buying stock in any team for the next five to ten years in this, league It's San jose because it's Not and and again part of it is part of it is good lottery. Luck they were they were having high picks at the right, times but they've hit on the right.
Speaker 2: Picks Mike greer is.
Speaker 8: Really, Good warsowski is a really good, coach like they've they've. Got i'm a Big dickinson. Fan i've watched him play in The ohl here close to me In michigan for a. While MISA i saw Playing, Saconol, like there's a lot of really good players in this team.
Speaker 7: Right, now got to.
Speaker 2: GO i, mean he's a guy that.
Speaker 8: That wasn't the most heralded when he was coming up and has just done nothing but score and make an. Impact So I'm i'm on. THEM i think you, KNOW i had a chance to Watch celebrini. PLAY i mean that was like last. YEAR i watched him playing person In. DETROIT i was, LIKE i gotta see this. GUY i mean he was just So I'm i'm a huge fan of what he. Does great kid, too just everything about. Him, Man I'm I'm i'm buying stock on this.
Speaker 1: Team, okay real, Quick, John, okay did The dodgers put the best offer on the table For Trek Skooble and would you be surprised if we have a workstopage in baseball that goes longer Than.
Speaker 4: May real quick on Both, yes, sorry, yeah complicated.
Speaker 8: QUESTIONS i do believe they made the best. Offer it's in the eyes of the. Beholder The brewers were really. Close, Yeah I'm i'm gonna be an optimist and say that we're playing Before.
Speaker 2: May but but you're talking to an.
Speaker 8: Optimist, here so this SO I i think in terms of what's, possible And i'm gonna think that it's.
Speaker 2: Possible that's WHAT i got for.
Speaker 4: You there you, Go john murro seven what you hear and you see him on THE Mlb network in THE Nhl. Network, john always fun to catch up with you. Man really appreciate the time.
Speaker 1: Today thank, You. Bubba we enjoy the.
Speaker 2: Conversation enjoy this twenty Twelve World. Series he's. Rematch i'm sure The giants fans want to see it just the way it did about fourteen years.
Speaker 1: AGO a three game.
Speaker 4: Sweep that's what we're looking. For artitulated. Job thanks so, much great stuff there From John. Morosi we do have to take a quick breakcause we got to catch up with our. Guy ted New winn is waiting in the. Wings ted new win joins us from The. Athletic we'll talk some football with. Him where we Going ex's And O's deebo heavy debo.
Speaker 1: Talk what's Off? Deebo the impact of no More Ricky piersoll and Just Kyl shannon as a play.
Speaker 7: Caller what nothing? On Rahee? Morris we could do that, too all, right just making sure it's all good with.
Speaker 1: You get some raiders in there. Too he's a raider.
Speaker 7: Guy oh, oh, mister you're gonna get some.
Speaker 1: Raiders they're probably.
Speaker 7: Not why?
Speaker 1: NOT i got? None no?
Speaker 4: QUESTION i want to ask if he thinks they should Start mendoza from from day one.
Speaker 1: Where the DoD we. Go so you're the raider guy for this, Segment i'll ask the raider.
Speaker 7: Questions leave those to.
Speaker 4: Me Audam copeland deepop with you on The battery at fifty eight social The giants and The tigers tonight seven to, fifteen first, pitch six fifteen pre. Game but when we come, back a little dip intus in, football a little film talk with our Guy ted New win of The. Athletic he joined. Us Next Dirty work on A friday only here on The Sports.
Speaker 3: Leader you Found dirty work With Adam copeland And Derek poppa Where no job is Too dirty ON Knbr The Sports, Leader.
Speaker 4: Surty work with you on A friday, Afternoon Adam copeland d pop with you from the patio at fifty Eight so show we Got giants baseball tonight at seven, fifteen but we got football back in our lives after the Greatest hall Of fame game of all. Time and he here to talk about the breakdown of The hall Of fame.
Speaker 7: Game, No i'm. Kidding it's a.
Speaker 4: Teen new in of The, athletic one of the great films that he guys in the, country and we love talking to. Him you can see him up on our video stream right now on the Sports leader dot com and of course on the app. Ted what's going, on, Man it's good to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Again good, yeah.
Speaker 5: Good how are you get training?
Speaker 7: Camp SORRY i didn't hear. You what was.
Speaker 11: That i'm excited to get To niners training camp next?
Speaker 7: Week oh good, deal, Man, yeah, yeah good.
Speaker 4: DEAL i guess that's that's probably a good place for us to start here on the flagship of the forty nine ers on on The Sports, LEADER i guess first and, foremost jumping into the Receiving corps Like terrek AND i were, talking you, know a month, ago, like, man this is a really deep room on, paper and now the whole chemistry that thing seems to have. Changed what Does Deebo samuel? Bring is he the same player he was when he left the forty nine ers a year?
Speaker 11: AGO i mean when he, left there were definitely signific, decline you, know like he just wasn't the explosive player that we remember Prime debo. Being he still was a pretty good yack, guy but it's not that, explosive big play yack guy that we remember. SEEING i think he was a little bit of better shape In, washington but the ecosystem In washington just wasn't very good for any, receiver AND i, think you, know he probably was asked to do too much. There and he looks like he's even better shaped this. Year SO i still wouldn't expect prime, debo BUT i think this time like in a role that in a lesser role where you're not expecting him to be your bona fide number two. Receiver you, KNOW i think there are some things that you know he could, do AND i think he could be useful in this.
Speaker 5: Offense, TED i.
Speaker 1: Loved your article that you wrote a couple of weeks ago about the top play callers and on the football through the athletic and of Course Kyle shanahan was number, one and the big takeaway was many defensive coaches think think that he does so much more with. Less and, obviously you, know you See sean McVay With Matthew, stafford Matt lefleura With Jordan, love Obviously Andy reid With Patrick, mahomes AND i guess it's really the coaches that have first round. Quarterbacks so is it fair to say That Kyle shanahan's offense is maybe one of the few in football there is AND qb dependent Like Rock purty obviously thrives in. It but is it more so where the other offenses are dependent on their quarterbacks And kyle doesn't need that as.
Speaker 5: Much, YEAH i would say that's pretty.
Speaker 11: FAIR i, mean we've seen the numbers bear out like this is not just you, know a one sample sized type of. Thing we've Seen Jimmy garoppolo put up numbers where you look at some of the advanced, statistics he's.
Speaker 5: Number, one number two in the.
Speaker 11: League and then after he gets out of The niner, system he's barely even a backup in the league. Anymore and then you look at you, KNOW i think Brock perty is much Better Jimmy. Garoppolo BUT i do, think you, know you can't just look at the numbers and be, like, oh Brock perty is a top three.
Speaker 5: QUARTERBACK i think he does have.
Speaker 11: Limitations WHEN i talk to other defensive coaches in the, league they recognize he does have limitations as a passer as. Well but you, know his skill set is perfect for this offense and he makes it. Work so you, KNOW i don't THINK i don't Think Kyle shanan's can be chasing A Matthew stafford type of quarterback anytime. Soon it just all fits together right now and it's working and it's productive tech.
Speaker 7: New in the voice you here on the THE uma guest.
Speaker 4: LINE i guess one of the things that stood out for me And derek was just talking about this IS i, mean you had other coordinators Saying kyle's just the best on the, fly Like Juwan jennings was phenomenal for them a couple of years, ago and he says he's a good, receiver but he shouldn't always have to be your number. One and he gets more out of. Less when you watch the tape and you watch what it, is especially last, year what he did week to. Week how different are are they week to week based on the weapons they have available to.
Speaker 5: Them, YEAH i mean it's pretty.
Speaker 11: AMAZING i think that that's The the votes were really close as far as the defense of coordinators defense coaches voting for who's number one Over Kyle shannon Or oshan. McVay it was extremely, close But shanahan just edged him out just because there was proof, that you, know he can't do it with so many different. Guys he doesn't need an all star, cast he doesn't need hit you, know even he didn't have his quarterback for a bunch of, games he Had Mac jones in there performing at a very high. Level you, know you Have DeMarcus robinson getting a hundred yard game against The.
Speaker 5: Philadelphia eagles in the.
Speaker 11: Playoffs you, know he hasn't done that in two, years And Kendrick bourne had two hundred yard games and he hasn't done that in two.
Speaker 5: Years so it's just pretty.
Speaker 11: Amazing what you, know he was able to get out of these guys that nobody in the league, wanted and you.
Speaker 5: Know it's just part of it is the strong running.
Speaker 11: Game part of it just finding way to scheme your guys, open putting your your players in position to win.
Speaker 5: It just you, know it shows a little bit.
Speaker 11: More versatility and adaptability as you, mentioned and.
Speaker 4: Sort of follow up on, THAT i mean last. Year what of my concerns this year is last Year christian McCaffrey led the league in touches and he did that in twenty twenty three when they went to The Super. Bowl then the next year was the Bilateral achilles. Tendonitis he's an aging running. BACK i, mean he's not like an old guy for you, know The, earth but for THE nfl he's really productive considering how old he is at this, point and because they were so ineffective on yards per carry last, year it was really interesting how you, know he was putting up one hundred and twenty hundred and thirty yards from scrimmage, games but they weren't breaking out in the run. Game i'm intrigued to see what you saw last year between the twenties and the run game and why it was they weren't getting the. Push do you do you attribute that to o line? Play is it about? Spacing is will the receiving game this year helped. That what did you see last year and what do they hope to?
Speaker 11: Change, YEAH i mean that's another reason why it was pretty amazing what The niners were will, do because they just didn't have that, explosive efficient run game that they're used to.
Speaker 5: HAVING i believe from efficiency, standpoint it.
Speaker 11: Was the worst That Kyle shana has ever had as A niners coach since twenty, seventeen, so you, know but they were able To they had some games where they able to break, out and they were able to do enough to where opponents did have to at least account for the run game and that opened up things into play.
Speaker 5: Action but, yeah the interior push.
Speaker 11: Just wasn't as good as you would expect it to be for A niners. TEAM i Think pooney was. HURT i thought he played a lot better as a, rookie AND i was expecting to take a second year or step step up and it just didn't.
Speaker 5: Happen you, KNOW a left guard.
Speaker 11: Position wasn't as good as you wanted to and there's some you, know there's some training camp battles going on with the guards right, now so they're trying to figure your things, out but Hopefully pooni's back on. Track BUT i expect the run game to be a lot. BETTER i think part of. It you, Know christian McCaffrey is still a very efficient, runner very smart, runner great, vision but he you, know he just didn't have that explosiveness that we're used to seeing where he could rip off that you, know fifty yard run when he got into the open, field it would be a fifteen to twenty yard run instead of that fifty to sixty yard run that we've seen from him in the. Past so we'll see if he could recapture some of. That being a, year you, know another year away from that calf injury that was really bothering, Him so we'll.
Speaker 5: SEE i expect the run game to be better.
Speaker 1: Though talk to Ten win on THE Uma Guess. Line so you were talking about the best play callers of, football and a lot of people always Say Kyle shanahan And sean McVeigh with their abilities to attack defenses but also their knowledge of. Defenses AND i think that Now mike McDonald's being kind of lumped to the same category because of his defensive play calling but also his knowledge of. Offense and we're seeing him right now with hard knocks kind of different light of. Him but would you say right now That mike McDonald is by far the best defensive play caller in? FOOTBALL i think.
Speaker 11: SO i, MEAN i just think you, know HE i thought that when he was with The ravens and he didn't have as much talent on The ravens as he does Into seahawks or at least players that really fit what he. Wants and you, know you just saw every time they got into like a long yardist. Situation they didn't have that ace.
Speaker 5: Path, rusher but they.
Speaker 11: Were he was just so good at knowing what your protection plan was going to be and just calling the right blitz or pressure to put a ton of you, know a lot of stress on your pass protection.
Speaker 5: Plans and then they.
Speaker 11: Didn't do a lot of that during the regular, season but then when they got into The Super bowl against The New England, patriots they just kind of unloaded and he saw him just destroy what The patriots wanted to do from a protection. Standpoint so to, me, yeah he is a top defensive play caller in the league right, now and guys are kind of just trying to follow the trends that he's.
Speaker 1: Setting also article you wrote about how you, know for the longest, time now so many teams are running two high safeties and now you, know teams could run on you, know teams doing, that but there's a lot of teams that would have these big nickel corners Like nicky Man warri Or Derwyn james Or Kyle. Hamilton but yet teams are still going to run the. Football so you, know we're seeing more trends obviously through the. Years and The rams run thirteen. Personnel do you see how defenses can counteract that this season or is going to be still a struggle to kind of defend.
Speaker 11: That, YEAH i, MEAN i Think sean McVeigh and The, rams they you, know they had kind of an outlier this season as far as what they did with thirteen. Personnel nobody ran as much thirteen personnel as they, did and nobody was efficient and as. EXPLOSIVE i, mean there were some teams that were more, explosive but they just you, know the sample size was much. Smaller so obviously this is going to be a trend coming into next. Season we saw the big run on tight ends in the second third round of the, draft and, yeah they they're trying to counteract what defenses are. Doing defenses want to leave their nickel out. There they want to get die. Personnel they want to keep those two safeties, backs so you know they want to punish them with running and then suck them up into the box and create explosive pass plays because you, know The rams were able to run the, ball but you know where they really got you was when they hit those play actions AND a Had Terrence, ferguson who was a very fast tight. End that's one of the keys to making this whole thing work, too is you can't just have three big bodies out. There you have to have a guy that that could run in some dynamic receiving ability from those. Guys so you know we're gonna see a bunch of teams copy. That The niners don't really do. That they have their own version because they have a fullback on the, field but they do get some Of they attack defenses of similar ways with different personnel. Groupings The niners do it with their.
Speaker 7: Fullback ten of the athletic joins us on the uma gest.
Speaker 4: Line by the, Way niners first preseason game is a week from, yesterday Yes. Thursday how about that the first preseason game and the only one at At Levi. STADIUM i just watch you this from this, perspective when you saw The niners added To John stribbling in the, draft how tantalizing was that for? You knowing What Kyle shannan's capable of doing and how they can deploy.
Speaker 7: Him how good of a fit is he for this?
Speaker 5: Offense, YEAH i MEAN i thought it was a perfect.
Speaker 11: Fit LIKE i had A tv hit after the round one of the first day of the, draft and in my NOTES i had don't be surprised that The niners reached For deshaun Stra bling on my, notes but we never got to that. Question it would it would have been a great sound fite for me to, have you, know but we never got to that question. Unfortunately and it but it just makes it made too much sense to, Me like this guy is the best blocking receiver in the.
Speaker 5: Draft he you, know one of the BEST yak receivers in the.
Speaker 11: Draft, uh and he runs the four to three you, know, so AND i think The niners just needed a little bit more explosion in their. Offense SO i think this guy just kind of fits the, bill add some add.
Speaker 5: Some youth to their.
Speaker 11: Offense, obviously his time timeline is a little bit accelerated right now With Ricky piersoll getting hurt And Christian kirk getting.
Speaker 5: HURT i, MEAN i Think Kirk.
Speaker 11: Kirk will be, back but obviously we Know piersall is gonna be out for the. Season So i'm excited to see what they do with the shan.
Speaker 5: STRIBLING i think.
Speaker 11: He you, know he is gonna have to learn and his role is going to be more expanded THAN i think Even Kyle shanahan would have liked to be in his first. Year but you, know he's he's by far the most explosive weapon they, have especially With George, kittle you, know coming back from That achilles, injury so a lot's gonna be on his shoulders a.
Speaker 1: Couple morements With Ted win on The uma guess. Line so the biggest news we're waiting on is If Aaron donald's going to return to The. Rams it sounds like he will maybe the next couple of days, here but The rams already loaded with their defensive. Line they Got Kobe, Turner Bradon, Fisk Puna, ford and obviously they just Acquired Miles. Garrett so If Aaron donald does, return, ted how do you see them using their defensive front and how they would Use Aaron donald if he does play thirty to forty snaps a.
Speaker 11: Game, yeah my guess is you know he's gonna come, back but he's not going to be a full time, player especially in the beginning of the. SEASON i would expect them to use them, situationally you, know make sure he is in game, shape make sure they have him at full speed and capacity in those critical. Moments, SO i, MEAN i just, think you, know even When Aaron donald's at his, best he could move from, inside he could play nose, tap he played three, technique he could play defensive, end AND i mean he was a monster at defensive. End tackles didn't want to see. Him so there's just so many things you could do with. Him and then you Have Miles, garrett who is the rain Defensive player of the, Year and you, know like you can't When donald was in the game back in the, day the line would almost one hundred slide to his side every single. Time but now you Have Miles. Garrett so if you're sliding Towards Aaron, donald you're gonna Have Miles garrett one on one on the other, side it's just gonna be impossible to stop for opposing off asive, Line so like you're just gonna have to get rid of the ball quickly or go max protect and hope you could contain those guys and then you could do Defensive lind games with them like they did With Aldon smith And Justin smith back in the, day where you know they're they're creating opportunities for each other with Defensive lind. Games so it's a pretty scary proposition for any team that faces, them especially when you have two. GUYS i don't know If i've seen Two hall Of, famers you, know at that level playing. Together so it's you, know it's the reason why the people have rams as The Super bowl favorites right.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah the nod was that no team IN nfl history has ever had two starters with two starters on the same defense who each had Multiple Defensive player of The year.
Speaker 1: Awards wild THAT'S i.
Speaker 4: Mean that would that would be what we're looking. At just one, more just just short out of left. Field set a little bet for, me and they're not a bet and, argument, dude this is it has become a big point of CONTENTION i believe The raiders with a guy Like mendoza should just roll the ball, out let him, go and you've Got Kirk cousins as an emergency. Policy i've earned insurance. POLICY i comped it to when The raiders Had Matt shob and they just Let Derek carr. Go derek, says, now Let cousins start the year and then bring In mendoza. Later i'm, like, what just let him play The just let him play all the. Games why why play fifteen or? Thirteen just let him play all of them and figure it. Out you know you're not winning this. Year what's your, thought what's your philosophy had how they should go about?
Speaker 11: IT i like letting him sit because One, mendoza he, yeah he's coming from an offense where he was in shotgun so much thank. You, yeah it's like learning a new language for. Him as far as playing under, center And kubiak's offense was is like one of the most understanding center heavy offenses in whole. League so it's, like you, know going from a really it's a huge transition for. Him and also you have to make sure that your offensive line can't protect so in a, Way Kirk cousins is a little bit of a test, test crash, dummy to see if this offensive line can hold. Up and when they if they know, that all, right we have the environment to at least protect, him then you can start thinking about putting him in because you don't want to put him in a situation where he has less than two seconds of a little ball every single.
Speaker 7: Time all, Right, Ted, FINE i.
Speaker 4: AGREE i all agree With. Ted i'm not gonna agree With. DEREK i Like, ted But derek didn't see. Anything he's, like, no you gotta sit.
Speaker 1: Him you gotta GIVE i like the defensive line is. Terrible, YEAH i like to it's.
Speaker 7: Approved BUT i like the idea That cousins is a crash test of. Me that's what my.
Speaker 4: Favorite ted in the voice you. Hear make sure you're reading, him watching, him following.
Speaker 7: Him great stuff with the athletic and That i'll See will you be there at the the game Next? Thursday, WELL i see you at the preseason.
Speaker 11: Game i'll be at The i'll be a training camp for. Sure i'm not sure i'll be at the game quite, yet but, yeah i'll be there On.
Speaker 5: Tuesday if you guys are, There.
Speaker 4: Yeah we won't be there training ut But i'll catch you in the press box at some point this.
Speaker 8: Year.
Speaker 7: Man good to see, You.
Speaker 1: Ted thank, You, TED i appreciate.
Speaker 11: YOU i wish your dad the. Best derek long With, greg thank.
Speaker 7: You, yeah long Lived, Greg.
Speaker 1: DUDE i like.
Speaker 4: That, Yeah ted new ends seriously one of the. Best oh, yeah he's awesome when it comes to film breakdowns and and really good at laying stuff. Out i've learned a lot FOR i tell you this all the. TIME i like learning stuff from. BROADCASTERS i do like learning, stuff especially when it comes to schematics from film guys, too and tell fantastic of that.
Speaker 1: Stuff, no so will you agree with? Me? FINE i agree With. Ted, OKAY i.
Speaker 4: Think they should probably sit him to start because he was In shotgun so much In, indiana AND i think, that like they're not really shocked at their on.
Speaker 1: Lineus, well probably offense is, complicated so this is probably the best And kirk does know the offense from his days In. Minnesota and, yeah it's kind of like a couple of years ago When Drake may was a rookie And Jacobe brissett was getting just his ass kicked in. Preseason, yeah but people were Like Drake may's actually a better. Player but it's, like, yeah but you don't want him like lose at his confidence when he's running for his. Life so it's probably best For kirk cousins and his last few years to get pulverized and then it's time For.
Speaker 7: Mendozo you go out on your. Back Kurt, sire you made a Lot. Kirk?
Speaker 1: Yeah is It kurt Or?
Speaker 7: Kirk, now don't do.
Speaker 1: This don't do this to start mixing. Up it is It Kirk, warner his.
Speaker 4: Cousin It's kurt's cousins And Kirk warner right by the, WAY i saw something on our rundown today Something i'd never seen. Before derek Asked shane to set up another headset.
Speaker 1: Here, Yeah AND i was.
Speaker 7: Like who's that? For And derek, said it's for the, listeners for The.
Speaker 1: Filth it's for The.
Speaker 4: Filth So derek said he became aware that a bunch of members of The filth we're going to come out today and we are on the patio at fifty Eighth social outside Of Oracle park just hang just. Hanging we're not really doing, anything, hanging just waiting for the, Game, yeah waiting to be off just bleeding clock did get up, slow stay in, Bounced just run the ball, man there you, Go just run the ball to get stay, in, bounce get up. Slow it's almost the weekend, Anyway derek's he put this on the rundown if you're coming out.
Speaker 1: To the ballpark today or to the.
Speaker 4: Patio before the show's, over he put in a segment who at five fifty tonight five five zero five fifty Getting dirty with The. Filth members of The filth sit down and they get to ask us one. Question, YEAH i thought that you want to you want to Open you didn't even discuss. It you want to just open this us up to?
Speaker 1: Man why?
Speaker 7: Not you don't know what's Gonna.
Speaker 1: We're we're an interactive show and people are coming, By so you won't.
Speaker 7: Even answer all my. Questions you're gonna answer.
Speaker 1: Theirs you know, What it's been a long. Week let's feeling raw. Today, yeah let's all. Right by all means anything you want to ask with you, know certain exceptions.
Speaker 4: Like murphy, Wrong, derek dirty, Work, well let's not be. Delirious that was, before. DUDE i like what you did.
Speaker 1: There so, YEAH i hear Patt a just coming out rock and new. ERA i think Chef face coming out as.
Speaker 4: Well so you imagine if they don't show and then we just whole thing falls, now were gonna kill ten minutes at the, End it's.
Speaker 1: Okay we'll play another. Interview we'll be.
Speaker 4: Fine yeah, again how about, This you better show up or you're hearing ten new win again at five.
Speaker 7: Fifty, yes, well but not that that would be. Terrible but we're also playing replace give.
Speaker 1: You a chance to show up and be live on the. Air and you Know Dwayne stockton has parameters where it's, Like i'll come to the, patio BUT i need fifteen, minutes not giving you.
Speaker 4: Fifty i'm not making demands like what kind OF i, mean one variety of questions you think we're. Getting do you think people are gonna sit down and be, like who should the giants start?
Speaker 7: On opening? Problem probably you think.
Speaker 1: That's what it'll. Be probably like a lot Of Kyle Kyle hark questions from.
Speaker 4: YOU i think people are gonna chime man and JUST i think they're gonna try to punk you, on like.
Speaker 7: Do you have a dresser? Yet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably when's the last? Time, course of, COURSE i Hear taki's coming.
Speaker 7: Through when's the last time you change your?
Speaker 1: Sheets so no eats live, tacky but you can tell me that off the.
Speaker 7: Air when is the last time you change your?
Speaker 1: Sheets last?
Speaker 7: Week last?
Speaker 1: Week? Yeah you?
Speaker 4: Sure what about the pillow cases same same?
Speaker 7: Day?
Speaker 1: Yeah towels as, well, yo the. Towels, yeah, man you did it. ALL i did it.
Speaker 6: All.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man you're Like gruden when you said.
Speaker 1: That damn.
Speaker 4: Man yeah, man love love fresheets, Man, yeah come, on come, on get in, there getting, nustled love that downy.
Speaker 1: MAN i don't want to tuck, THOUGH i thought. You i'm not a fit of.
Speaker 7: Tucks you don't like.
Speaker 1: Tucked i'm just thinking What gruden would get in the hotel. Room the, course they're, like, sir do you want to tuck or no? Tuck he, Goes, OH i don't like tucksmoke duck.
Speaker 7: Man i'm not a duck.
Speaker 1: GUY i HAD i had a tuck rule done on.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 1: Many i'm not doing to.
Speaker 7: Rule i'm not doing it through my, feet you know WHAT i?
Speaker 1: Mean?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: You you you washed the? Sheets you make your bed, Though, yeah your bed's made. Red you AND i pitched on that one.
Speaker 1: Every, day did? Day? Yeah DID i make my bed. Today, yeah probably Not, yeah, yeah probably that?
Speaker 7: Man no fuck, yeah who is that is? That?
Speaker 1: Horror is at? Mcarthury do we do have a switch?
Speaker 4: OVER i demand at, dude throw the camera, Up, chips let's see them mug throw the don't throw the camera, up and then we're gonna set this up. Properly Because chips mccar's foss. Over he's a he's running a bunch of shows, today he's running our, Show andy ran Because tim's.
Speaker 1: OFF i think, yeah he run the crew.
Speaker 7: LAST i.
Speaker 4: Checked everybody's off for the midday. Show, yeah But, Tim tim took the wet took the time. Off tim good it on his own. Volition, yeah, anyway we got h we Got chips. McCarthy are you on camera?
Speaker 1: Now we're on a. Delay so we're on a.
Speaker 7: Delay, okay so, Good So chips is on the.
Speaker 1: Camera we'll get.
Speaker 7: It, chips was this on your very own or was this Because derek asked you to make this?
Speaker 12: OPEN i Mean derek mentioned, it but, yeah it's pretty much on my.
Speaker 4: Own he's the only port off with his own. Open i'm not even sure right. WHAT i kind of like, it, THOUGH i don't know like here's my. THING i endorse, it AND i think we should have. More LIKE i like the idea of like entrance music for each, wrestler like he's you, know you'll have a spat going on and then somebody breaks and you hear the, crash you know the, glass you know stone colds.
Speaker 7: Coming, yeah you, know you know WHAT i.
Speaker 4: Mean you hear The undertaker, music not the not The american badass kid, rock the good. Undertrack But i'm just, wondering like when he's inappropriate to play an entrance song for a for a board opp.
Speaker 1: Producer probably early in the, show BUT i think That chips McCarthy would probably have the best production. Quality we're, like now we're gonna have the True we're gonna we're gonna have the crossover To Kyle Harr and he's, Like, hey what's, up, Guys kyle har? Here yeah He's. Kyle and then Like raff would be, like hey it's, up it's.
Speaker 7: Me, HEY i had a weather, report, Bro and Then danny's, LIKE i don't need an.
Speaker 1: Introduction i'm always. Here.
Speaker 4: Yeah danny's the, Staple he's the. Backbone raff is. MAKING i like When raph this stuff because he does it like lame to be, funny like he throws, that he threw that out of that, chirp the beep from the fire detector in the back of The this is kN B r what weather it's got that the fire the smoke. Alarm but he is right McCarthy with the highest level of. PRODUCTION i kind of like. It, chips you got your open for?
Speaker 6: Us all, right, Bands here we go with the main event of.
Speaker 1: The, evening the Fantastic Young chips.
Speaker 4: McCarthy chips, McCarthy chips McCarthy at a.
Speaker 1: Kid chips is the nickname is because he eats potato chips a.
Speaker 10: Lot is that it rot real falk a wrestling of.
Speaker 1: Chips there we, go good sound, effects it's. GOOD i LOVE i don't know. WHY i love The ocean's.
Speaker 7: Music.
Speaker 1: DUDE i love THIS a little soda. BIRN i love When Ted ramy says it the.
Speaker 4: Most chips, McCarthy, yeah we kind of want how there's like three people saying in this seems sort of, like, yeah we're surprimarily rock cast your, voice. McCarthy i Want i'll give a special shout out To chips McCarthy on the. Board, chips how have you felt. Today, man you did a great job running the first hour of our. Show BUT i think it's the first time we've had.
Speaker 1: YOU i mean it's it's, fun.
Speaker 12: MAN i, mean you guys are, cool like you guys are on a loose, show and like you really have a lot of room for, interpretation all the.
Speaker 1: Walls you, know it's so fun being.
Speaker 4: Here, WELL i THINK i think his point, is, Like, DUDE i like having WHEN i was a born. APP i love the idea to be the freedom of the music you play when you come in and you want to play sound, Right like everybody's got to have their own, sound and you bring your own unique vibe and feeling to the. Show i'm Loving i'm loving this.
Speaker 1: One don't don't say, that Because danny would be, like, wait hold, On derek gives me a list every day of songs she wants To.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Danny.
Speaker 4: Derek derek kind of runs a tight ship On, danny not. ME i just hear a song on the wing in And i'm.
Speaker 1: Like ye have three songs a. Day i'm, like, yo CAN i.
Speaker 7: Hear some uh some spin doctors or?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 1: YEAH i, down all, Right Kyle Hart Spin doctors, Next, Yeah Kyle. HARDY i don't know is he there?
Speaker 7: Yet he's seen late.
Speaker 12: Either not in the, least he's still in the, back maybe in the. BATHROOM i don't.
Speaker 7: Know, okay, well he's not there.
Speaker 1: Yet it's hard for you to go, Home, chips break you out to the. DAY i got a note of self in First oh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, dude, yeah are you so wait he's gonna be here next segment because you better not through a note to.
Speaker 1: Self and then this.
Speaker 12: Segment, yeah, okay let let me uself notice car. Thing never force anything in. Radio always go with the. Flow there you, go there you.
Speaker 7: GO i like, that unless it's someone out the.
Speaker 4: Door, yeah, anyway cambars And i'm gonna call, WELL i can't, well, well now guys can't have, Anymore. Gusto we gotta take a quick. Break it gets dirty work on A friday. Afternoon we're live from the patio at fifty Eight social and if you are coming, by if you were here in person by five forty, five five point, fifty we're doing dirty.
Speaker 7: Work gets dirty with the.
Speaker 4: Filth you get to sit down and get to ask me And derek one, question and we're not screening these what are you dancing to there's no missing there's that you're gonna there's nothing to. Screen, yeah we're just gonna auto. Whim they can just ask us anything they want on.
Speaker 1: Air, yeah but don't be too loose of what you ask, though like what like Sometimes dwayne stopped and gets a little loose is he? COUNTING i don't think so.
Speaker 4: Something don't worry about, it all, RIGHT i just don't know what genre of question you're concerned. About this does make me a bit. Anxious, well it's the last segments we want TO i like to control the. Chaos but that's just totally just totally out there. Aport, yeah well it's not. Us it's gonna be up To Kyle harr back at the board to save our ass all right, away cambyers And i'm gonna call and then number to. Text when we come on, back we can talk Some wall Of fame ceremony and we've got The Canbyar Bay area Unsponsored Dirty Work Weekend Sports calendar coming your way in just a, bit as well as a sound So Ray Marcus thompson at three point. Fifty when we come on, back, Though Brandon, Belt Brandon, Crawford Joe Panic, Buster posey And Pablo sandoval will not be joining us on the. Show we'll just talk about them going into The hall Of. Fame, okay this, weekend dirty work on A. Friday it's only here on these Sports Leader chips McCarthy