Speaker 1: All right, postgame rap time, Dave, I mean an assignment. I'm here with John and with Mike. You know, it's almost I mean, there's no such thing as a perfect win, but it is kind of an almost perfect win when you have a veteran guy that's out of the mountain. He does his job like Webb did. And then the people that scored the runs and really had everything to do with the runs were all the young guys, the guys that are playing because maybe other guys are dinged up or whatever. But that really kind of makes us win a little bit more special.
Speaker 2: Well, I love this game for a lot of reasons. And number one, you mentioned Logan Webb. You know he never panics. He doesn't, i mean winds up going to six innings and gives up one run. But let's go back to the one run that he gave up. The way that the Rockies were approaching him today. They were really aggressive early in the count. Three at bats in a row, first pitch swinging, two bloop singles, and a base hit knocks in a run. There's nobody out runs the first and second and you're thinking this could go weird, and that's it. That's all they get they get one run. Bottom half the inning, Drew Gilbert comes up, has a great bat, knocks it out, tight score, And I just think that that is such a great expression of what logan Web is all about, what an ace is all about. He never worries about how he gets into a mess. He just simply identifies the situation and pitches out of it. That is such a positive effect on a team, especially a team that's struggling to win ball games, especially a young team. I thought that had everything to do with them. They come back in the next inning and they score six and the big at bat of the game was a sackfly from Turner Hill and his first game is a big leaguer. He knocks in a run that puts the Giant's head and they never look back. This game was a good game for a lot of reasons, but it really showed well. They really rallied, and they really played well behind Loganweb. Their ace.
Speaker 3: Is the only time Hill batted with anybody on base. He's still looking for his first big league hit. But you think he's satisfied to have contributed with that, or does it bug him he didn't get a hit today.
Speaker 1: Look if he's in TRIPAA, he loses his hitting streak, so that probably would bug him. But look, given you're in the major leagues and you got to get that guy in from third, that's just as important as the base hit. And so yeah, he should be really proud of that because it's not automatic. We see it all the time. Guys can strand it at third. So that's good for him, huge.
Speaker 3: And the Giants have had hard time and the spots like that.
Speaker 1: And Gilbert also showed, you know, he's just showing signs that he made very well be a really nice big leaguer Today he wasn't wow, but you.
Speaker 2: Know you can feel it. I mean, when you're pitching a big leigue hitter gets in the box, you can feel I mean, they have to project. A hitter has to project confidence. A pitcher has to project confidence. And when you have a young hitter who starts to realize that and you can just see him get in the box. He's relaxed, he's got an idea, he has a plan. He's the way he receives pitches, takes pitches. How he's not impressed with being down on the count oh one or even oh two. Is that bat and his concentration never never changes. And the other thing, too, is his strike zone has really tightened up and he's become disciplined to it, and he's not a guy that really gets afraid of a two strike count. That is a confidence that you can feel pitching to him. I mean, he's projecting now, and I love what I'm seeing. Great at bats. He had an O two count. First two pitches of the game, bang bang too, gets a walk, and then his next to Patty comes up and he gets two oh and two close pitches works account in his favorite the guy made a mistake location wise, he knocks it out of the park. That's that's a guy who's getting together. Then he had too. Every bat that he had was a good at bat.
Speaker 1: Remember, he came into the league with a lot of nonsense. He looks now like a no nonsense player. And that's that's a great point.
Speaker 2: Yeah he does.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll pick our players when we come back. All right, back here at Oracle Park. Time to pick our players. John, I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 3: Buddy Kennedy because I'm just I was kind of feeling for him and he had no hits as a Giant, only one hit in twenty eight at batch in the big leagues this year, so he's been up and down. He played very sporadically, but I know that he needed a hit and he got a hit. He also he got hit by a pitch. Maybe it would have gotten it right there with runners all over the bases otherwise. But and then even then the Empire said it hit your bat and you're out.
Speaker 2: But we had the replay.
Speaker 3: Review now and they showed that no, no, no, it didn't hit the bat and hit hend. So then he got a line ride hit it, and he clabbered one hundred and six miles an hour single to center, and he had a perfect day at third base beside Biddy Kennedy.
Speaker 2: Good pick, good pick. Okay, well I'm going to take Jung Hu Lee. And Kay made a great point. You know, Jung Julee was hitting three hundred and he hit a home run and then he didn't get a hit for six days because he was still trying to pull the ball. When he hits for average, he uses the whole field. And I thought he had a really nice day with a walk and two hits to the opposite side of second base, and that's the Jung Hu Lee that's going to have a chance to really hit three hundred. I mean, he's up to two ninety four I think, or whatnot. I'm rooting for him to do that because that's histan credibility and that's something you put on your resume and you get referred to when you leave the game. And former three hundred hitter Jung Hulee and he's got a chance to do it. We're all rooting for him. But he had a great day. He's my guy.
Speaker 3: Good one. And DC gave me a note that said that you got the two hits in one inning, and that's the third time this year that he's had two hits in the same inning, and then there's been no giant who's done that in over fifty years. So wow, that's kind of cool weird.
Speaker 1: But it was very cool Jung.
Speaker 2: Who who'd have thought cool weirdness? Jung? Who's my guy?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, there's a bunch of obvious picks, so I'll take one of them, and I'll take Gilbert just because it was about a year ago where we saw him for the first time, and you know, he was that Frathause boy right where he did all the crazy things and cameras couldn't wait to take as of him in the dugout doing weird stuff that's not happening anymore. He is. He has turned into it, no nonsense big leaguer, and we're all happy to see that. Although it wasn't like we didn't have a lot of fun with it last year. But at some point you got to turn it on and be a big leaguer, and he definitely has done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a different cat man. Yeah, don't lose all the weirdness.
Speaker 1: No, I agree. Anyway, DC came up with this note from the clubhouse. Webs back tightened up from the comebacker. That would be that line drive. Right, there's line drive, and so that's why he came out maybe an inning earlier. Okay, anyway, all right, what do we got to left?
Speaker 4: What's on deck?
Speaker 1: Sponsored by your California Ford Dealers. Well, what's on deck is the kid that came over last year in a trade that seems to be throwing the ball very very well, and that's play did well.
Speaker 2: He's had two great starts. One was five innings and and one was into the sixth. And the thing that impressed me about both outings is he got danged early. He gave up two runs in the first inning of his first start. That was it. He made the adjustment. So he goes into his next start, gives up one run the first inning. That was it. So tomorrow I'm looking forward to Blade tidwells Us Marshall.
Speaker 1: Also, what's on deck is are you having a Cuco family dinner tonight?
Speaker 2: Yes we are.
Speaker 1: Who's paying?
Speaker 2: My son Bake and my daughter in law Selena.
Speaker 4: They said that you guys are paying. I haven't told them yet, but well they're not. They don't look happy right now. That's what's on decks.
Speaker 1: Find somebody your California Ford Dealers and the legendary Ford f one fifty truck. You can visit by fordnow dot com to find yours today. All right, John's got highlights, a lot of them in that fourth inning right after this