Speaker 1: Well, the city council might only give you sixty seconds to where your grievance is.
Speaker 2: Oh hi, i'd like to start go to the first caller on the phone.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're lucky, now we're giving you a full sixty minutes. It's a KABC News Blitz with Randy Wang and our long recap of the day's top local stories flung your drive home, and unlike the city Council, we're the perfect vehicle to actually get your voice heard. The KADC News Blitz with Randy Wang starts no.
Speaker 3: It is the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk Radio seven ninety KABC. This is your daily rundown of everything you need to know that's going on in southern California as well as the Bay Area, Sacramento, and San Diego. I compile a list every single day of all the stories that I think you need to know about, stories that you may have missed at Randywangradio dot substack dot com, and make sure you check out all of our on demand content at Johnny don't like dot com or Randywangradio dot com. They literally go to the same place, but I figure, why not buy two domains? That is the live John Phillips Show from noon to three every day, every weekday, and all of the on demand content the best segments from that show I post those the Accountability Podcast. Please check out all five episodes of our podcast if you have not watched them yet, you can also listen to them by searching for Accountability Podcast wherever you get your podcasts. And I even post videos of this show the News Blitz, so you can watch me give you the news. It's a good time. It's very intimate, it's just you and me. We start with the great data center debate. CBSLA actually went inside a data center in Irvine, and the first thing you need to know is that this data center that they investigated has been open for twenty years. I understand there are a lot of concerns and there are a lot of fears about what's going to happen with AI. Doesn't mean that a whole bunch of people are going to lose their jobs. I understand all of that, but I feel like the fear among specifically data centers and data centers don't necessarily even mean AI. Again, this one in Irvine has been around for twenty years, and some of the server space powers the data for hospitals, some of it provides for other companies. All kinds of businesses use servers and use data centers. Now, these aren't as massive as the ones that are being talked about in other states, but we've had these in California for a very long time, and I think it's one of those situations where rumors get spread on the internet, and because it's hard for us in the age of the Internet to really deem what's true, you hear something enough times and you just believe it. So one of the things that people say, oh, we don't want this, we don't want the data centers is because of the noise. Well there is noise inside the data center with all the air conditioning running, but outside it just looks like a regular industrial building. Now, you might not want these in a residential neighborhood, that's fair, But in a place that's zoned for industrial or anything, I don't really see what the problem is here. The other big myth is that is a huge drain on resources, that it is a huge drain on power and a huge drain on water. And that can be true for some of these data centers, but a lot of them you're like, well, what is the water use. The water use is from powering the air conditioning, and you can use reclaimed and recycled water for that, so you're not using the regular water supply. And when it comes to the power, well, you can do solar, you can do all kinds of things to lower the impact on that. And honestly, I feel that like the anger towards rising energy costs should be pointed towards the energy companies that have found an excuse to raise their prices because of all of this demand. Because the other thing that we have learned, especially recently, is the current demand isn't anywhere near what was expected, even for all the AI data centers, because right now the applications for AI are not as widespread as everyone hoped it would be. Maybe we'll get there, you'll have the tech CEOs always talking about, oh, this next update is the game changer. But at the beginning of the year, a lot of companies that we're investing in building more of these data centers and building more infrastructures change their business model to actually leasing out the space they already have because the demand is going way down. When you talk about things like chat, GPT, and Claude. There are people that use it just as a curiosity. But when it comes to does it actually increase efficiency, increase sales in all kinds of businesses that we're paying for all of these credits to be determined. So maybe the demand will rise and maybe we will need it, but right now I feel like that is overblown as well. And again, these things power way more than AI. They power all kinds of things cloud computing. For instance, I do the live broadcast of the John Phillips Show through a web app called Restream, and Restream, which I love, by the way, works out really well for us. It takes my Internet connection, whether I'm broadcasting from the radio station, whether I'm broadcasting from home, which I'm doing right now, or whether I'm broadcasting from a hotel room with just a basic hotel Internet connection, and it takes my feed. And then I connect to somebody like John Phillips and it takes his feed. And then let's say we add a guest like Jennifer Van Laher or Mike Netter or Seneca Scott, it takes in their feed. The whole show is actually being hosted, not on my computer with my bandwidth. It's being hosted at a data center on a server farm. I don't even know where the cloud computing is hosting everything, using all the bandwidth, and then pushing out our product to YouTube and Facebook and Twitter and Twitch all at the same time. That would not be possible without data centers.
Speaker 2: Now, this one's more of a lark.
Speaker 3: But the silly little graphics that I create for this show, and obviously for the John Phillips Show, those use AI, and well people seem to be a big fan of those. And look, I think AI is slowly doing a whole bunch of things to make our lives a little easier here and there. And I do understand there are fears, but this is also people just get into these knee jerk reactions, which turns into what is plagued California for many, many men years. And there are legitimate concerns around every corner. We've even had guests this week where we talk to people that were opposed to a development in Woodland Hills. We talk to people that were opposed to a bus rapid transit line in Burbank, and there are legitimate.
Speaker 2: Concerns to both of those.
Speaker 3: Course, there are, especially when it comes to clogging up the streets with a bus rapid transit line. When it also comes to making sure that there is fire access for building a development in the Woodland Hills fire zone area. I understand all of that, but this is the attitude that got California to a point where we don't build things and it takes forever to build things. This kind of attitude of well, we don't want this and we don't want that, because these things are coming whether you like them or not, and we can either take the economic benefit we get from them, or they're going to be built in Texas, They're going to be built in Utah.
Speaker 2: If you don't want.
Speaker 3: Them literally in your neighborhood, okay, but what's the big deal about having one of these in an industrial center? Because again, the top line thing that you need to know if you're freaked out about data centers is we've had them for a very long time and you only realize that recently, and you only realized what they were recently. And I think a lot of these fears are completely unfounded.
Speaker 2: Whether it's the noise, whether it is.
Speaker 3: The use of resources, or the proliferation of AI. It's just a building with a bunch of servers in air conditioning, so I do not. I think this is one of these things where people hear something and they play telephone or fantastic board game, tell illustrations.
Speaker 2: Look it up. You will love it.
Speaker 3: Where you hear something, you repeat it to somebody else, except it's not the exact same thing, and then they repeat it to somebody else, and then all of sudden you have a situation like I wasn't gonna tell this story, but I have to because it is the funniest thing that I have heard all week. So one of my closest friends is a big fan of sparkling water. As I am, I am drinking a Trader Joe's Tangerine Vanilla sparkling water.
Speaker 2: As we do this show very good.
Speaker 3: My friend really likes the brand Liquid Death, which is some of the smartest marketing I have ever seen. They came out around COVID and it is just water, bottled water, flavored water, well not bottled but canned water, flavored water, sparkling water and like much healthier soda option. But they call themselves Liquid Death, and the branding is fantastic, especially for people that you know, want to hold something that looks like they're drinking a tall Boy, but they don't drink It is a very, very, very popular brand. So we're doing trivia the other night with my friend and she tells me that she and her girlfriend are no longer drinking Liquid Death and I'm like, wait, you love Liquid Death and the girlfriend's like, yeah, she won't let me drink it anymore. She saw on TikTok that it contains arsenic and I said, what, There's no way that's true, and she said, yeah, no, that's what I saw. And so she had autoshipments of Liquid Death on Amazon that she canceled and then switched to another less tasty brand. So we asked, can you send us this video?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll look for it.
Speaker 3: Why again, do you think that it's not safe to drink this stuff that's in every single grocery store. Oh well they banded in Europe. Do a quick Google search. No they didn't do a quick Google search. Does Liquid Death have arsenic in it?
Speaker 2: No it doesn't. So I'm so confused.
Speaker 3: Where did she get this information and why does she think Liquid Death contains arsenic to the point where she had to completely change her drinking habits of sparkling water. The next day, she sends us a text message in one of our friend group chats, Hey, I found the video. It didn't even say anything about liquid death. That was completely wrong about that. I've reordered the stuff. And this is what happens in our age of too much information. You hear something, maybe you have an emotional reaction to it, and maybe you are only half listening or half paying attention, as we all do when we're doom scrolling on our phone, and all of a sudden, something that you heard wrong or you weren't really paying attention to gets edged in your brain as fact, and it makes you make irrational decisions based on nothing. Now I'm not directly comparing the liquid death thing with the fear over data centers, but I think it's very important that we all get educated on the subject. Realize that these are just buildings with servers. We've had them for decades, and they're not really that big of a deal. And so while it might feel real good emotionally to ban them in places like Monterey Park and Gilroy doesn't want them on unused farmland, that just means that your cities are going to lose out on the tax benefits, on the job benefits, and all kinds of other things, because we have arbitrarily decided that this business is bad and it is based on a bunch of whoy.
Speaker 2: That is at least my opinion.
Speaker 3: If you have a different opinion, maybe you find yourself to be more educated on this subject than me.
Speaker 2: Send me an email.
Speaker 3: It's very easy to do so at randywangradio at gmail dot com. That's Randy Wang radio at gmail dot com. I have no problem with the data centers. Again, maybe you think it's a noise thing. Well, if you live next to one and there's a lot of noise, please tell me about it. Because I literally had somebody. When we were talking about this the other day. We got a lot of response on the email, including from one guy who sent me a message, well, I heard they're really loud. Yeah, but did you hear the loud noises? Did you were you next to one? Or did you just hear that from somebody who heard it from somebody else. This is true for so many different aspects of our life. It's why you know, as somebody that delivers the news to you, I trade and make sure that I'm never pushing out any unwonted fears, and I have my facts straight on everything. Even though I'm not technically a journalist, I still feel that I have to do that as I give you the news. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on Talk Radio seven ninety KABC. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC. In the age of technology that we are moving into, there is a Bay Area startup that has started to put out there robot maids, and this is way more than a roomba, but it's still not Rosy the robot and Rosy the robot didn't really have like the best hands to be picking up things and sweeping and mopping, but it worked in a cartoon. But we are at a point where we're going to start seeing robotics. I've been listening to a lot of podcasts on this stuff lately, and there are some things that AI and robotics can do better than humans. But when it comes to like physical manipulation of things with your hands, robots are not nearly as adept as we are, and will not be for a very, very very long time. When you talk about specifically things like cleaning, when you talk about things like sweeping up loading things into a dishwasher, being gentle. It's that kind of technology. Work quite a while from and they say, well, the maids that we have, it will be at a cheap price. I think it's like thirty dollars an hour for the robot. But how efficient is the robot. We have maids and we love them. My wife realized a long time ago that if she did not get house cleaner, she was gonna murder me. And we pay our maid and it's a woman and her niece and they come every two weeks. Pay them one hundred and forty dollars. It makes our life way easier. I don't see replacing them with robots ever, because I trust these people. They do a fantastic job, and I feel like I am contributing to the economy in a great way. You know, not only am I getting a huge benefit out of it, but they're making money.
Speaker 2: I don't see hiring a robot to do that.
Speaker 3: Even if it is a little cheaper, because well, for certain things, maybe you want that personal touch, maybe you don't. Maybe you'd rather have a robot that's just sweeping around your house all day long.
Speaker 2: That's definitely possible.
Speaker 3: Does this mean though, that we are slowly but surely getting into the Wally future that was predicted in that movie from two thousand and eight, you know, the little one with the robot Wally and Eva. You remember how all the humans in that movie lived on an intergalactic cruise ship and they were all five hundred pounds on floating movable recliners and couldn't do anything for themselves. Are we at the beginning of that story? Is that possible? I mean maybe in like a few hundred years, Although if you listen to the AI CEOs, like next year, AI is going to be smarter than every human combined.
Speaker 2: And what is that going to mean? I don't really know.
Speaker 3: I don't think the AI robot maids are going to be completely changing that industry anytime soon. Some industries they will. I don't see for that one happening. It at least in the next few years. I'll be keeping my mates. Thank you very much. Hey, if you've ever missed in the episodes of this show, we have podcasts at wherever you get your podcast, search for the News Blitz with Randy Wang. You can also go to Randy Wang Radio dot com. Johnny don't like dot com because I put every episode of this show on video on demand, along with The John Phillips Show and The Accountability Podcast.
Speaker 2: So check it all out.
Speaker 3: Randy Wang Radio dot com or Johnny don't Like dot com. Subscribe, hit the like button on every episode that you watch and leave a comment. We want to hear from you. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC.
Speaker 2: It's the News Blitz.
Speaker 3: With Randy Wang on Talk Radio seven ninety KABC. This is your daily rundown of everything you need to know that is going on in southern California as well as the Bay Area, Sacramento, San Diego, and the Central Valley. I compile a list every single day of all the stories that I think you need to know about, the stories that I found interesting. You know, I usually go through about thirty stories and I whittle it down to fifteen to twenty. So there's plenty of stuff that I listen to them like this is not worth your time, but there is stuff that I find interesting that you find interesting that affects us, and it's all local. You will almost never hear me talk about national or international politics, and there's a specific reason for that. There are plenty of other places where you can get that information on every side of the political spectrum. But for the most part, this show is apolitical. It's about what's going on locally, and we talk about things that affect you, maybe in a lot bigger sense than what goes on in Washington or what goes on around the world. One of the things that California is known for is being the big bigas state in the Union to have legal cannabis. We weren't the first, but we definitely are the biggest, and cannabis tourism is a thing, and we have done a whole lot of things recently to make it easier in the state of California to consume cannabis, including now you can buy food and drink at the pot lounges and make it feel like Amsterdam at a coffee shop. Yeah, spoiler alert, if you're ever in Amsterdam, the coffee shops are not coffee shops, and if you're actually looking for coffee, it can be kind of confusing. And no, I did not parteke in any space cakes or hashish or smoking in Amsterdam, because well, that part of my life is over. I did have Heineken and let me just tell you if you're ever in Amsterdam and you think Heineken taste like butt, which I did for many years, it's because it does not travel well. If you have it at the source, it's one of the best beers you will ever taste. Am still light the exact same thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: We'll get to the legal cannabis industry in a second, but I feel like I have to make this pitch to you. One of the things that I have really really loved in my travels around the world, which is something that I've only been doing for a little while now, is trying the local beverages. And while I do love wine and I do love spirits, and even in when I was in Amsterdam, I learned about Jinnvader, the Dutch version of gin, and I thought it was very good, especially when you do a kopstut, which is Dutch for headbutt, where you drink the Jinnovader with the beer back. Not as a shot, because again I'm forty, but I really love trying the local beers of a foreign country. I feel like you get a really good flavor not only for the country that you're in, but also the city that you're in and of course, when you're in Dublin, you're gonna try the Guinness, and I love the Guinness. Guinness was like, oh yeah, it's pretty good. And then you go to Dublin, you go to Ireland where it is made, and it is fantastic. But there are other Irish stouts that you may not know about. Beamish. I thought Beamish was fantastic. I tried a whole bunch of different Irish beers and was very happy, including a lot of Irish craft beers and some IPAs. When I was in Amsterdam, of course you had Honeken and amstell Light. And when I was in Toronto last week, I tried so many different Canadian beers and specifically all of them from the Ontario province and local ones. Found this bar called beer Town, which was it was maybe my favorite place we went to. Well, the steakhouse was pretty good, but that place was pretty excellent, and you could get a plank of four different local beers and they had one that was all different kinds of loggers, one that was all different kinds of IPAs, one that was all different kinds of sour. I got such a great taste for it, and I'm not a big beer drinker at home because my wife has a glute analogy. But when I'm traveling, it is a fun way to experience what the locals enjoy, especially when you're talking about the craft beer world, which you know it's huge here, especially in places like San Diego.
Speaker 2: But I love.
Speaker 3: Trying that stuff internationally Anyway. Some people don't like to drink. They like pot and whatever works for you. I learned about eight years ago that pot does not work for me. It makes me way too lazy, It makes me way too what's the opposite of ambitious? That But if it's good for you, I mean, it also gave me crippling anxiety the older I got. So I feel like for a lot of people it turns on you at some point. But if it's what you like, and maybe you just do the CBD, what have you. The problem with the legal cannabis industry in California is the way that we implemented it was incredibly stupid. Now there are some major hurdles because it's still illegal at the federal level, and you know, I was just hearing on the news today that this is still actually I heard it in this story, Mike, where did I hear this, Oh the story that I'm talking about from ABC ten as I was driving to my pilates class that you know, the federal government is still debating taking cannabis off of the Schedule one, which I thought the President like said, we're doing that, but you know, it's one of those things where everyone talks about it and it takes Congress of bazillion years to do anything. But one of the issues with cannabis being a Schedule one drug being classified in the same categories as cocaine and meth is it makes all of the legal cannabis businesses, whether you're talking about in California or in Colorado, what have you, not eligible to participate in the banking system. They cannot use banks for their business, which means a lot of them keep all of their cash on the premises in a safe, which means these places are very likely to get robbed. I don't like that, especially if they are operating within the letter of the law. We should have a banking system that works for them. So hopefully that gets resolved pretty soon. But there are other major challenges, which mostly have to do with California over taxing this product. And by the way, you should ask yourself where all that money has gone towards? All the tax revenue money from the cannabis tax, which was supposed to go towards things like drug treatment. You ever wonder what it's really going towards. I bet you lots of it's going towards harm reduction and other weird nonprofits that what have you. But let's fore get about where the money's going. But it is very interesting to wonder where it is. And let's just talk about why they're making it so expensive yet not going after the illegal market.
Speaker 2: Because when Prop. Sixty four was on.
Speaker 3: The ballot in what twenty sixteen, twenty eighteen, it was sold as we're going to wipe out the black market by legalizing this product that everyone was smoking anyway because of their medical cards. I had a medical card because I had insomnia and then my wife flies. You realize that is causing you you're insomnia. Yes, well, now we legalized it. We taxed it so high. Where the effective tax rate for a cannabis purchase, when you're talking about the excise taxes and the sales tax and the taxes the businesses have to pay it, it's like forty percent of what it costs to grow the stuff, and then there's taxes on top of that, so the product is artificially more expensive than it needs to be. And that's fine if there's nowhere else you can get it. But there are plenty of people who can buy this stuff illegally, whether it's just through a dealer somebody you know that's growing it. Because anybody can grow it, even though you're not really supposed to unless you have a permit. Anybody could grow it, you know. I had friends that had little grows. I never tried to do that. I can barely take care of the plants we have in the house. Oh boy, I forget to water my wife's plant in the office for the last three weeks. Okay, I need to do that as soon as I get off the air. Should be fine, right maybe whoops? Yeah, so I was never a grower. Don't use that as a drop. When you have situation where you've made it very expensive to do things the right way and there is little to no punishment for doing things the wrong way, to the point where you have illegal grows that are well known, and you want to talk about something that is using a lot of water. The illegal cannabis grows in places like the Antelote Valley. That's something you should be way more upset about than data centers, because those are definitely using a ridiculous amount of water to grow those crops, and they're not paying for the water rights, and they're operating illegally. They don't have licenses. They are selling at forty percent lower because they're not paying the taxes and we're not enforcing those laws. Whether it's just there's the occasional bus that you see, but the thing that really really really kind of just irked me earlier this year, it was like, wait, what almost had to do a double take when I heard this.
Speaker 2: Listen to an LA City.
Speaker 3: Council meeting because apparently our current city attorney, who was so bad at her job she got knocked out in the primary, says that they have no power to shut down an illegally operating pot store, whether it's a smoke shop that's selling things they're not supposed to, somebody that moved into a storefront that is leasing from a commercial property in a strip mall, but they do not have a license. We cannot shut them down. Why I don't understand it. I have the same issue when it comes to the very obvious illicit massage parlors. I have a strip mall, and I'll mention this all the time because it's so funny. There's a strip mall near my house. It's next to a seven to eleven. There are four potential stores that could be in there. Two of them are out of business, one's been vacant forever, one's at bakery that definitely closed a couple of years ago. But the two things that are thriving in there a smoke shop that is selling a whole bunch of stuff that should be illegal, like kretum and selling stuff I'm sure that is illegal like pot. And what's next to it a massage parlia with flashing lights.
Speaker 2: That say open late at night.
Speaker 3: And I always wonder if the reason a city attorney in a place like Los Angeles doesn't shut them down is because and why the landlords of these strip malls aren't evicting these tenants is because it's like who else is going to move in? And are we all on this commercial real estate bubble that is going to burst? Where if we actually shut down all these criminal enterprises, well then there'd be nobody to pay the rent to the landlord, and the strip malls would all go bankrupt.
Speaker 2: Just something to think about. It is interesting.
Speaker 3: There is a establish a place on Woodland and Victory, near the old Vayarta near Metro. That is, it's a strip mall that has been empty for a very long time. There's one building that is zoned to be a pot store that nobody will move into. There's one building that's zoned to be a restaurant, and every restaurant goes out of business in six months. Currently both places are completely empty and the only thing that does any business there is a Leo's Taco truck because everyone loves that alpast or taco. But it's like we've made it so impossible to do business the right way that there's been an empty storefront that is zoned for this in a very highly populated area and nobody wants to move in because we can't shut down the illegal competition, which is unacceptable. So this brings me to the insane thing that I heard at the La City Council, something that people voted on in June. Well, we can't shut down the illegally operating pot stores. So what if instead of shutting them down we sent them a bill to pay taxes, and it is something that people voted on in June, and the residents of the Los Angeles, whether they understood what that proposition was or didn't, voted to pass it. So good luck collecting the taxes on that. Until we knock down the illegal market and actually take it seriously. The illegal pop market is bigger today than it was before Prop sixty four. And until we lower the taxes in the fees to where they are reasonable that people can not only operate as a business the right way, but the consumer isn't so priced out that they will purchase it the right way. This market is a complete mess, and it completely deflates the argument that the super libertarians have that I probably had when I was in my twenties, that well, why don't we just legalize all drugs because that would get rid of the black market. Nope, not the way California did it.
Speaker 2: It's the News.
Speaker 3: Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC. It's the News Blitz with Randy Wang on KABC. The City Attorney of San Francisco, David Chu is cracking down on what he calls hotel booking scams where you're looking for a hotel room. Maybe it's in San Francisco, maybe it's in a place like Wyoming, and you Google. What you think is you know, where's the best deal. You think you're clicking on the hotel's website, but it is a third party website that is charging all kinds of fees, and it's way more expensive than it should have been, and trying to get a refund because you bought it at the wrong place is almost impossible. The city attorney wants to shut the kind of practice down. By the way, doesn't this sound exactly like the need tags websites that the state of California allows to operate because they're profiting from those ripoff fees. Interesting thing to think about. Here's what I will say, as somebody that books hotels quite frequently, I never use Google to try to figure out where's the best place to stay because Google, which is a service that I use a lot. I mean, YouTube is Google. I watch almost everything on that. I've had a Gmail account since two thousand and nine and it is my file cabinet for life. I use Google Gemini to make the AI images for this show and The John Phillips Show. But when I'm doing a Google search. I'm well aware that so many of the search results for things like when you're shopping for a hotel, well, they are coming from sponsored content and third party links. And it's one thing to search for a hotel, look up like on the map where the hotels are, and then find the real website for the hotel chain or the hotel if it's an independent operator. But it is so much smarter too if it is, like you know, if you're looking for stuff that are Hilton or Marriott properties, go straight on their websites, go on their apps.
Speaker 2: You can even pay for some things with points.
Speaker 3: You might get better rates any of these third party sites, whether it be the big ones that you know about, the travelocities, the expedias, or all of these ones that like when you shop on Google for a hotel, it'll be like, well, this website says it's way cheaper than everything else. Sometimes those are a scam, so try to book directly with everybody, or you know, sometimes I sound like a show for it, and I'd love to be somebody that endorses this. But the credit card companies really do a great job with booking travel, specifically American Express. We've booked hotels through them, especially when we're trying to use those hotel credits to go to places like San Francisco. They make the process really easy. And if you have American Express, it's like you have a little travel agent in your pocket that can make the system a lot easier. And you know that you're getting a good price, you know that you're getting good points, and you know that if there's any situation that comes up, the credit card company has got your back. I think Chas does a great job as well, because I have that card. We have booked hotels through Chase when we went to Europe. It worked really really well. So that's my advice book. Direct with the hotel chains, John would say, you know, your best option is to be like a hotel chain partisan he's a Hilton guy for everything, because then you're going to accumulate so many nights and so many points that you'll get Diamond status.
Speaker 2: Although there is a credit card hard for that.
Speaker 3: If you pay the annual fee, you'll get Diamond status, which means you get room upgrades and you get the free water bottles and the food credit, and sometimes that really pays off. But maybe you want to be a little more flexible because you're flying to places that may not have a bunch of Hilton's or Marriotts, although they do seem to have them almost everywhere. But I really like booking hotels and stuff through the credit card apps, and I feel like I'm a little more protected.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The credit card company usually has your back in so many ways that these third party sites that are making money off of all kinds of hidden fees do not. It was also that story of the couple from San Francisco, you know, from San Diego. They were staying in Puerto Varta during the whole lockdown because of the cartel boss that got hit, and they were trying to get their money back from Expedia when they found a flight that was easier, and it was a nightmare to get that taken care of. So yeah, go through the credit card companies. That's my advice. I have a wonderful weekend everybody. We'll see you on Monday. If you need something to watch over the weekend, we get tons of content for you at Randywangradio dot com or Johnny Don't like dot com. Like everything that we have, Subscribe and leave a comment and see you Monday.