Speaker 1: Some might label us right wing. We say clip our wings and just call us right. It's the John Phillip Show and very happy Monday to you at twelve oh six in the West, it's the Jina Phillip Show, Mister Randy Weggs in Culver City.
Speaker 2: John we're broadcasting live on the radio seven ninety KABC in Southern California, the Big eight to ten KSFO in the Bay and we're also broadcasting live on video every single day from noon to three at Johnny Don't Like dot Com. Johnny Don't Like dot Com takes your right to the YouTube channel. You can watch us in our studios, do the show, react to the videos along with us, play around in the chat room, and while you're here, make sure you subscribe so you're notified when all of our stuff goes. You can hit the bell and you'll get told when we're going live every single day. You can hit the like button and spread the show across the stratosphere and you can comment on all the stuff that we've got going on. There's a lot to get to today, Johnny, and we're here for you till three o'clock at Johnny Don't Like dot Com.
Speaker 1: And if you haven't checked out the Accountability podcast. This is probably the one that's done the best out of all of them. It was our interview with Steve Hilton and Randy. That one has gone far and wide.
Speaker 2: We're like constantly throughout the weekend texting each other statistics of Hey, the video is up to five thousand. Now, it's up to fifty two hundred as of right now. This is the best performing podcast that we have done, so thank you all so much for the support. It is at sixty four hundred views. Johnny thinks he can get up to ten thousand. And here's how you can help. The way that YouTube decides what content to push out to everybody is what has a lot of likes and what has a lot of comments. So if you watch that episode, watch it again, leave a comment, tell us what you think you want to rant about Gavin Newsom er Javier Bakeria. Do it in the comments section and it's gonna pay off for all of us.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred two two two five two two two is the telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. Well, I don't know exactly what I would title this next segment, Randy, but I know what, I wouldn't title it, what's that? Best in show? So there's been a lot.
Speaker 2: Of reaction to the big win in Michigan for Abdul l Saied winning the Democrat primary over Hailey Stevens, and it has people across the country talking about the influence of the Democratic Socialists of America in the Democrat Party in politics. In twenty twenty six, and Conan Nolan decided to interview one of the board members of the DSA who is from LA and it went off the rails real quick.
Speaker 1: You know what I did this weekend? What's that? So the first interview that Hailey Stevens did after she lost that primary to Abdul Alsayed was with our pal Alex Michaelson on his program on CNN. So I sent him a text message and I go, congratulations on your interview with Hailey Mills. And then later that day I thought, wait a minute, Hailey Mills wasn't the candidate and met race. Hailey Mills was the woman on Saved by the Bell.
Speaker 2: Let's hear Conan Nolan try to figure out exactly what this whole DSA thing is all about. This was on news conference on NBCLA on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Francis Gill is a member of the Democratic Socials of America. She's on the National Political Committee. She's a MD with the County of Los Angeles here in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Thank you, very mum. That's an actual doctor. Now, wait a minute. If she's an MD with the county and she's in charge of the Socialists, she works for Barbara Ferrer.
Speaker 4: Correct, wash your hands often and always before eating and after toileting.
Speaker 2: She might work for Gali. If she's working in the hospitals. Parrera is not in charge of the hospitals. Thank goodness.
Speaker 1: Oh can you imagine.
Speaker 2: But this woman is a major representative of the DSA. She's on the governing board of the National Party.
Speaker 1: If Farrera were in charge of the hospital, you'd go in for a hip replacement and you'd come out with a sex change. No, thank you, that's fair.
Speaker 3: Taking the time, so listen, we'd like to little to know a little bit more about DSA. A lot of people have been surprised by this organization to find it for us, what is it all about?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely, oh yeah, she's one of those Oh shang, can you help her out?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? Absolutely, As I.
Speaker 2: Was meal prepping yesterday listening to this interview in my kitchen. The first thing I noticed was she's got a little shang in her well.
Speaker 1: She likes to spread the wealth with absolutelies too.
Speaker 6: You know, absolutely, the Democratic Socialism of America is a mass membership political organization of working people who are fighting to advance a politics that makes life better for everyday folks.
Speaker 3: And you've done quite well in some blue cities. It wasn't a DSA candidate who won the primary for the Democrats in Michigan, but he was close, explained.
Speaker 1: It was a DSA light I think. So he was campaigning up and down the state with that Hassan Parker guy who has a lot of real boutique believes.
Speaker 2: I think it's Piker, but close enough. What did I call him Parker? You are just getting names wrong left and right.
Speaker 1: All right? What sitcom was Hassan Parker on? You see, this is what I can't do sports play by play. Imagine if every time the ball went down the court, I was just calling the game as if it was done by the cast from cheers.
Speaker 3: You're seeing such success.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, so.
Speaker 1: I think there's another one. It's Monday.
Speaker 2: But whatever, if you're not working today, go ahead and play the absolutely drinking game.
Speaker 1: Enjoy yourself.
Speaker 6: We need an abacus a few different reasons. One is the political moment that we're living in. People are struggling, working, people are struggling to meet everyday needs, so things like affording childcare and the cost of food, the cost of gas. People are feeling that, and so they're feeling that stress and that frustration and looking for change. I think also the candidates that we're running are folks that are coming from a very authentic and genuine place and really want to fight and to fight for change.
Speaker 2: And I think that's so so far, she's saying a bunch of nothing.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's whitewashing this. We know what you people believe. You want to get rid of the prisons, you want to get rid of the borders, you want to get get rid of I don't know everything that society relies on to have any kind of order in the world.
Speaker 2: The new one is they want to get rid of the Supreme Court and the Senate. Oh yeah, in order to save democracy, don't you worry. Conan's got those questions. But first we got to figure out all who she is.
Speaker 6: And that people are hungry for is to see leaders who are really ready to fight into read ready to win. And I think our politics also just speak to folks. And then the other thing I would just mention is that we're a member run organization. All you know are the work that we do is buy is almost entirely run by volunteers, and so people are really energized and ready to fight. And I think that's something that's pretty unique in the political landscape in America.
Speaker 2: Well, they found out that if they volunteer and they organize, they can convince people to vote for candidates and city councils that put up eviction moratoriums.
Speaker 1: How that work out for us during COVID? Not great?
Speaker 4: Right are?
Speaker 3: There are plenty of people who point to some very controversial positions that DSA takes. Let's talk about some of them. Your policy agenda on law enforcement is to defund police ultimately to get rid of police departments. Correct.
Speaker 6: Well, what I would say is that we're dramatically Why.
Speaker 2: Not just go ahead and just be proud of your position if that's your position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just answer the man's question, lady. I mean, UNICES is proud because we are the defund the police people.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: She wanted to be a cop before a bunch of her friends got arrested for being drug dealers, so she switched sides.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine what she must have been like when she was one of those explorer scouts or whatever the hell they call them, the cadets.
Speaker 6: We're spending on police right now.
Speaker 3: I understand the goal is to defund the police department so we don't need them in the future.
Speaker 6: I think it's what we really want to see as a horizon where folks are.
Speaker 1: What does she expect to happen. Let's say if some bum she's treating in one of those county hospitals takes a swing in her when she's trying to close the wound, first call she's going to make is she's going to call the cops. Well, you can't call the cops anymore, no, not if she gets her way, So then who do you call? I don't know you need a male nurse to hit him over the head with a bedpan or something.
Speaker 6: Reliant on armed enforcement to meet our public safety needs?
Speaker 3: Right, But it says defund police on a website. That's your goal, and also to get rid of prisons and jails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, explain that, one, lady. How does that work?
Speaker 2: This is the ideology that all crime is just based on poverty, and if everyone had a minimum standard of living, there would be no crime because there would be no greed.
Speaker 1: Sure, prisons are violent, you know, Randy? Correct?
Speaker 3: Yes, So my daughter is assaulted and raped, is there any agency that would seek to find her assailant and bring him to justice?
Speaker 2: That is an interesting example to put out there, conin good for you.
Speaker 1: Imagine being his daughter watching this? WHOA, what do you know that? I don't?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's an important conversation to have, but I did a double take when I heard him reference what if my daughter was raped?
Speaker 1: You inviting Bill Cosby over to dinner? Dear old dad?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course be if not police? And where would he be if not a jail?
Speaker 6: So I guess I really I really want to avoid getting kind of caught into these hypotheticals and talk more.
Speaker 2: Why can't she answer the simple question of if we don't have cops and we don't have jails, where does the rapist go?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well their answer is just send them down to the driving range so they can take out their anger on a bucket of balls. Well, guess what, that's not going to fix these people. They're sick in the head. That rapist can go down to the driving range and hit all the title as he wants, he's still going to want to play the back nine.
Speaker 6: About the reality that we're actually facing right now, which is that we're spending in absolutely outrageous there's.
Speaker 1: A third one, Shang, you want to help her.
Speaker 6: Out absolutely absolutely amounts of money on police and policing, and we're not spending money on things that actually make people safe and feel safe.
Speaker 1: Like what how did she get a medical degree? That's my question. I wonder which Caribbean island she was educated on.
Speaker 2: If this is who is operating on you at the county hospital, I'd go to a different county.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's gonna leave sponges all throughout your body.
Speaker 6: Which is things like actually well lit streets, the streetlights in Los Angeles. Everybody agrees it's a huge problem.
Speaker 2: But the reason the street lights are out isn't because we have police. The reason the street lights are out because we don't want to go after anybody for stealing copper wire or buying copper wire.
Speaker 1: Okay, and just think about the interaction that just took place. What do you do if someone gets raped? And her answer is we need to fix the street lights.
Speaker 2: This is when you have these actual conversations with and again this is a very impartial, you know, fair anchor in Conan Nolan. But when you actually do a thought experiment as to what these policies would look like, they don't have an answer because they don't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just follow the logic here for a second question. What do you do with a rapist? Because you want to get rid of the cops and you want to get rid of the jails. We need more street lights that are working. How would a well lit street prevent a rape from occurring? Could anyone, anyone in the comment section if you have an answer to that. I'm real curious to find out what it is comment sections getting kind of falthy.
Speaker 6: Things like mental health care and substance use, substance use treatment, so things that drive people to commit crimes and to that make our society less safe. We're not doing anything about the root causes. And it said we're funneling money into the into the police.
Speaker 1: Do I don't even know what to say, okay, so if the rapists kick their addiction to cocaine, they would less likely want to commit an act of rape.
Speaker 2: And mind you, the substance used treatment that the DSA people subscribe to is the ideology of harm reduction, which is not getting you off the drugs, it's making it easier for you to do the drugs. This is the ideology behind homeless healthcare Los Angeles, where we're passing out meth pipes in skid row.
Speaker 1: Okay, so remember that month I spent on duty, Oh yes, when I had to be a juror on child molestation case. The individual who was the defendant who we ultimately convicted, was not homeless, was a teetotaler, not only did not do drugs, did not consume alcohol, had multiple college degrees, was a teacher, and a homeowner. But he still committed an act of child molestation. I would love to know what she thinks we should do with him, because poverty didn't cause him to do those things to that girl. Wasn't part of the equation. These are upper middle class people. What does she think we should do with that guy?
Speaker 3: Alsayed's victory in the Democratic primary in the Senate in Michigan. Of the fifteen counties where a majority do not have a college degree, he lost every one of them, over fifteen in the in the counties with high education like you.
Speaker 1: He won.
Speaker 2: So there's also a racial divide to the black population in Michigan did not vote for this guy. Well, do you see all those spicy things that Hassan Piker Nott Parker Piker had to say about blacks?
Speaker 1: Oh I haven't seen that. Oh yeah, no. He really lit into him repeatedly, Oh boy.
Speaker 3: You're for the working class when working class counties in Detroit and elsewhere voted against your candidate.
Speaker 6: I think what we're seeing is that people who are highly educated in this country over educated.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes it takes a lot of education to be that dumb.
Speaker 6: We're promised this path of economic success, if you know, if you if you go to college, if you get the degree, if you go down that path, you're going to be promised, you're gonna be guaranteed economic success. But really what we're seeing is that there's this huge downward mobility problem where people are putting in the money, taking out hundreds of thousands of dollars of student loans. You know, I have a half a million dollars in student loan debt personally and not seeing that translate into actual economic success.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, you're a medical doctor, what do you think she makes? Can we pull that up? If you're a medical doctor with the County of Los Angeles, I would imagine this woman made definitely six figures. But I don't know the doctors I know.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to see if I can pull up her salary. Because she's a resident physician in psychiatricy psy psychiatric medicine at lac USC Medical Center, it does not say what her salary is. I think I'm trying to think about the doctors in my family. The doctors in my family do significantly better than just about everyone else.
Speaker 1: In La County, Okay.
Speaker 2: Medical doctor salaries for the County of Los Angeles typically ram from two hundred and twelve thousand to two hundred and eighty five thousand dollars a year. That's for standard physician specialists, while senior roles and other administration positions can go between three hundred thousand to seven hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, if you're a specialist. I'm thinking about one family member who's a specialist I think he makes like eight or nine hundred thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: We've got more of this fascinating window into the mind and the psyche of the DSA when we come back in this eight minute sit down between doctor Francis Gill of the La County host Fiddle System and the DSA and NBC fours Conan Nolan.
Speaker 1: If you're an MD in the audience, I would love to hear from you. My question to you is where do psychiatrists fit on the pecking order among mds. I would imagine that psychiatrists and pediatricians are near the bottom, and surgeons and cardiologists and people like that would be near the top. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is a telephone number. It's the John Phillips Show. It's the John Phillips Show. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number one. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny Don't like show at gmail dot com. And Randy. If you want to watch us perform the show live, you can do that quite easily. At Johnny Don't Like dot Com.
Speaker 2: We bought a domain name so you don't have to do a Google on the YouTube. Just go to Johnny Don't Like dot Com on your phone or on your browser, and your enjoyment of this show will be transformed from just listening to us in the car to watching and playing around with us. We're here until three o'clock. If for some reason you're just too busy to be able to watch us or you're driving, I understand it. Well, that's why we have all this stuff on demand for you as well. Every show is up there live, including the best clips of the day, some of our interviews, and the Accountability podcast all at Johnny don't Like dot Com. So regardless, hit the subscribe button. It's free and you'll get all of our content.
Speaker 1: And if you haven't checked out this week's Accountability podcast, make sure to do so because it is making its way all over the place.
Speaker 2: That interview is the most successful podcast we've done so far. We want this thing spread far and wide, and the way YouTube knows to send it to more people is by getting lots of like buttons and getting lots of comments. So if you haven't watched it yet, give it a watch after we sign off at three the Steve Hilton Podcast right there at Johnny donotlike dot com and leave a comment, make your voice heard, blast away on newsom.
Speaker 1: It'll feel real good in the meantime, What do you say we make a couple of listeners very happy?
Speaker 2: Well, let's do that right now. Seven ninety k ABC welcomes in Evening with Diana Ross at the Pacific Amphitheater on August twenty eighth. Tickets are on sale now at pacamp dot com or right now. Caller number nine at one eighty eight seven ninety five two to two two gets a pair of tickets to the show. This is a post fair concert, so no fried twinkies for you. Tickets furnished by the Pacific Amphitheater. Good luck dialing, and here's your random Diana Ross fact for the day. For like almost a decade, Diana Ross dated Gene Simmons from Kiss.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, if some something happened to Michael Jackson, she was supposed to raise Blanket. Oh boy, Yeah, I think Michael had some problems with Joe's parenting style. I can see why nobody's perfect eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. All right, let's go back to this interview that Conan Nolan conducted with this DSA woman who's battye by the way.
Speaker 2: This is doctor Francis Gill. She's a psychiatrist for La County and she is on the governing board of the National DSA. Uh listener twins mommy for life. I love that username. Looked her up on Transparent California and she makes over two hundred thousand with benefits, so that's fun.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, why is she not paying down her school dat?
Speaker 2: Well, she probably, like a lot of people, thought Biden was gonna forgive it nastally mad maybe, I mean, why pay it if you assume that you can elect somebody that's going to forgive hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe I'm crazy, but I've always believed in, you know, paying my bills.
Speaker 2: Let's get back to Conan Nolan interviewing one of the most prominent socialists working in La County.
Speaker 6: Our society, the skills are so tipped in one direction to benefit the rich and the wealthy.
Speaker 3: DSA also wants to get rid of the border. Is that right?
Speaker 1: Fact check true.
Speaker 6: What we talk about is an immigration system that is actually fair for people across the globe, and recognizing the reality that a lot of immigration is driven by conditions that the US has helps to probably get across the globe. So you know, we don't talk.
Speaker 3: It's, you know, similar to the conversation a border security you get rid of ice? We know that, yeah, would be it.
Speaker 1: Was the third, well, fourth one. She loves that.
Speaker 5: Word absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 2: This woman's a doctor. I mean, someone has to graduate at the bottom of the class.
Speaker 1: She kind of has crazy eyes. Have you noticed that? Yes?
Speaker 2: She also when they do the close up shot of just her in the shirt, she kind of looks like she's dressed up like the hamburglar.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine laying on the couch in her office and she goes, so, tell me what your problems are, and she starts staring you down with those eyes and not blinking.
Speaker 3: The other agency to take their place that would secure the border or enforce border control.
Speaker 6: I guess I don't really understand why we kind of constantly penned on these particular questions.
Speaker 2: Because it's literally on the platform of your website.
Speaker 1: She's acting like this is a gotcha question. This is the thing.
Speaker 2: If these are your policies, then be brave and be bold and say them right here on television, say them right here on this stream. Tell us what you believe in. But the fact that you cannot pontificate on it, you cannot elaborate on it, makes it well aware that you know how unpopular these positions are.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess if she doesn't think rape is a big deal, then hop in the border is like a misdemeanor.
Speaker 6: The immediate reality of the situation is that immigration enforcement is absolutely out of control.
Speaker 1: Fifth one.
Speaker 5: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 6: Has needs to be needs to be addressed immediately, And we know that in a Los Angeles like more than almost any other city in the country. So it's hard for me to take in good faith the questions around like are you going to open the borders tomorrow, when the reality is we're so far from that right now, and that needs to be addressed.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just think about this for a moment. We are the richest company country on planet Earth. There are a lot of really, really, really poor countries out there. You want a list. How about this, I'll narrow it down to any country where the president is wearing army fatigues and sunglasses in the official portrait. Let's just start with that list, and their first name is general. Any country that meets that criteria, everyone who lives there who's not related to that person is going to want to come here. And you do not believe in a border. So let's think about how many countries out there meet that criteria? Oh a lot? How can we handle them? We have a housing crisis in California as it is. Our emergency rooms are full as it is. What do you do if you take in the world's poor and say, come one, come all. There's no such thing as a border anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why she doesn't want to have this conversation, of course not It is an interesting ideology because these are and you know, and the numbers do point it out. It is mostly the highly educated elite that believe in this ideology, and even they know it's a bunch of whoey.
Speaker 3: Reality. As Donald Trump got elected because we open up the border. That's the reality.
Speaker 6: And that's a well, I mean, I would disagree with that.
Speaker 3: Hispanic voters, male of Hispanic voters voted in record numbers for Donald Trump. In fact, a majority voted for Donald Trump. Democratic Party law support with black and Hispanic and young voters. And every indication is that immigration had something to do with that.
Speaker 6: You dispute that, I would absolutely dispute the.
Speaker 1: There's number six. You know. Here's the thing. I would never go on television and talk about electronics or mechanics or anything like that, because I don't know anything about any of that stuff. It's a miracle that we can get you to do this every day, it really is. I have a knowledge base on a select number of subjects, and I would feel confident speaking on those subjects without embarrassing myself too much. But I would never go on TV and talk about something I know nothing about, because you're not gonna look good. She might be brilliant when it comes to the world of psychiatry, she might be top of the class. I don't know, but this woman knows nothing about politics, and it doesn't even sound like she's thought much about it either.
Speaker 2: All Right, I'm gonna give you a choice. Door number one is a psychiatric session with Francis Gill and Door number two is dianetics.
Speaker 1: What are you doing. I'm going right to the sea.
Speaker 6: Orgs claim that we opened the borders under Joe Biden, and I would absolutely dispute seven.
Speaker 1: This is a world record. Even Shaney never did this much.
Speaker 5: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: She just keeps going and again this is a medical doctor.
Speaker 6: Claim that that is why Donald Trump got elected a second time. I think what is happening is that we're concentrating wealth in the hands of the few. That's, you know, without a doubt, what's happening. And you're like in the.
Speaker 1: Top three percent of income earners in the state. She's got guilt about that. I guess.
Speaker 6: Mildly unequal economic conditions. That's creating a totally unstable political system.
Speaker 3: You decided not to endorse uh Nitya Raman, who's a DSA member for mayor of Los Angeles. You recommend her, but you won't endorse her using the resources of your organization. Why is that, Well, our.
Speaker 6: Endorsement process for the general is still underway.
Speaker 2: Oh they're gonna How can they not? They're not getting behind that old COMMI bass.
Speaker 6: Actually, so we had an endorsement, we could still endorse her. It's still possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, do you see a problem with her. I mean she hasn't talked about Israel in the campaign.
Speaker 1: She has, oh yeah, that's the other platform of the DSA. Oh yeah, not big fans of the Jews over there.
Speaker 3: Talked about reforming ula, which is the mansion tax in order to are those problems for you?
Speaker 6: Well, like I said, we have a really robust internal democratic process. It's actively underway, and so we'll see where the kind of chips fall on that. But there's a lot of members who are why.
Speaker 2: Did she want to do this interview when she has no answers for any of the questions. She did not have to say yes to this.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny is not long ago we reached out to the DSA to do a similar interview, just trying to find out what they believe in, and they switched around the spokesman that they were going to send on the show to answer the questions a couple of times, and then they canceled. They should have canceled this interview too.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's one thing to hear what these ideas are and to see them on a website. It's another when you're the spokesper and you can't even defend any of this stuff, and you don't want to.
Speaker 3: About Nythia, right are you?
Speaker 6: I'm going to defer to our organizational process.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Is there a if Karen Bash won reelection? Would that be a problem?
Speaker 6: Would that be a problem?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just what does that tell you about Karen Bass? By the way, Well, it tells you that this election in November is kind of pointless for La Mayor. Let's go to John in Long Beach.
Speaker 4: John, Hello, gentlemen, good afternoon, very interesting show as usual.
Speaker 7: I have just two things. The first one is if they put up street lights, the rapists would be able to select a better looking target. Possibly. Oh boy, yeah, yeah, I should have laid off the wine so early anyway. And also, I have a family member who graduated medical school like three years ago.
Speaker 4: She's late twenties, early thirties, specializing in anesthesiology, and she's knocking down around four hundred k a year doing that.
Speaker 1: Wow. You know, the only other anesthesiologist I can think of is Bill Cosby.
Speaker 7: And I know a few psychiatrists. My daughter works in that field, and some of them that I've got to know really really well.
Speaker 4: Well, let's just say there about to sandwich is short of a picnic.
Speaker 7: I can tell you that.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for the call. We appreciate it. All right, we'll I have moore from this interview that Codan Nolan conducted with the woman who's a big wig within the DSA coming up in moments right here on the John Phillips Show. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny, don't like show at gmail dot com. And Randy, you're monitoring the mail bag.
Speaker 2: Stuart and Seal Beach writes in at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com, John and Randy, it's obvious that in the rapist trial you said on jury duty, the proximate cause per the DSA would be either the rapist did not have sufficient street lights near his home or street lights should have been so bright near the rapists home that the rapist could not get any sleep, so he'd be too tired to rape. FYI with the stupidity shown by the medical doctor by the County of LA is this the reason we do not need the government to be the only supplier of healthcare? The reason this doctor, despite being paid over two hundred k plus benefits, believe she is underpaid, assumes that she is bright enough to read a paycheck.
Speaker 1: Every time this woman opens up her mouth, I want to become a Christian scientist. Let's go back to this fascinating interview that aired on Sunday morning on NBC four between Conan Nolan and doctor Francis Gill, who is a psychiatrist for La County and a member of the DSA's governing board, the National Political Action Committee.
Speaker 3: Wondering just whether there's antipathy towards the establishment Democratic Party to the point that, oh, you don't want to see an ascendancy of people like her.
Speaker 1: He's referring to Karen Bass, who.
Speaker 3: Represent the status quo.
Speaker 6: No. I mean, I think in a lot of ways this election cycle is incredibly exciting for DSA and for the kind of ascendent progressive politics. And I think there's so many races that I would point to that are really like illustrating that right now, Like the city attorney, how is she a doctor?
Speaker 1: It's really hard to wrap your head around, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we have an endorsed Canada m Marissa Roy.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't vote for her. Vote for John McKinney, and.
Speaker 1: That one.
Speaker 6: The city council races where even endorse Canada in Estuardo and CD nine. And I'm excited to see what decisions the chapter makes over the next month as we complete our endorsement process. But yeah, I mean, I think it's an exciting time for Democratic.
Speaker 3: Socialist no matter what Francis scal MD, thank you very much, member of the Democratic Socialists of America, the National Political Committy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Conan, you could hear it in his voice almost start a giggle.
Speaker 1: When he said, MD, I mean, what do you do?
Speaker 2: This was by far one of the wildest things I heard of all the sound that I listened to over the weekend.
Speaker 1: This is what happens with political extremists. And it's not just the d although they're in vogue right now, so they're the ones that we keep hearing from. But have you ever had a conversation with a legitimate libertarian? And when I say a legitimate libertarian, I don't mean someone who believes in less government or someone who believes the drug should be legal. I mean someone who really understands that philosophy and buys into it. Across the board. You mean, like we shouldn't have driver's licenses, we shouldn't have fired departments if you push them far enough. I'm not kidding, because their attitude is the insurance companies would have an interest in making sure that the homes don't burn down, So the insurance companies would each have their own fire department. So you'd have the State farm fire Department, you'd have the Progressive fire department, you'd have the Farmer's fied apartment, and I guess you would just call the fire department that is associated with whatever insurance company you have your policy with. That's a concept and you go, okay, well, you know, sometimes you're dealing with a rural area and you still have a fire department because it's a municipal fire department. But do you really have the resources for each individual insurance company to have their own fire department? And then it gets even more wild from there. And I don't get it, but there are people who buy into it. There are very few legitimate libertarians out there, people who really do understand it and buy into it across the board. What's scary is there's a ton of social lists and they seem to be on the rise and they're winning elections to off us, and that should scare the living of Jesus out of every single one of you. All Right, we've got two more hours coming up on the John Phillips Show, The Fix California hours next. Don't you go anywhere