Speaker 1: All right, postgame rap here in Texas after a boy, more heartbreak for the Giants on the road, ten walk off losses now to lead Baseball and that might be the headline tonight. But before that moment, a lot of young players doing a lot of really good things for the Giants, and I hope that we can kind of take those things as a real positive right now and where we're at this season, because some young guys did some really really nice things in this game.
Speaker 2: I mean, Joe, there were some massive, amazing things and I think a huge part of this. One of the best closers in the game, all Star closer for the Rangers, comes in. Three lefties get the job done against him to tie this game down to in the ninth, Like, what an absolutely amazing show and performance from those guys to clutch up the Butsabe two run home run as well as soon as they get McKenzie Gore out of this game. There was a lot of clutch from the offense and then played tidwell. In my opinion, was one of the biggest highlights of the whole game. To get kind of knocked down in the first in give up two runs thirty one thirty two pitch inning and then go five not give up another run. The rhythm that he got into after the first inning, that to me was one of the coolest things to watch tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they showed some fight, you know, and that's what that's what you want to see this time of year if it's a down year, which it is, but the young guys did. They showed some fight. I mean, it was a it was a fun game. Unfortunately, you know, it ended, you know, kind of strange. But yeah, the Tidwell thing was great. I mean, I think it's a big six weeks for Tidwell. He and Wizenon have a chance to show the Giants I can be part of this rotation next year. So it was good to see him settle in after a little bit of our Rocky first in.
Speaker 4: His stuff is good.
Speaker 3: I thought he started to throw some more pitches tonight to be more change ups, which is probably what he needs to do.
Speaker 5: But I mean, you can definitely see why the Giants are giving him a chance to be a starter because i'd you know, there are a lot of people around the game who when the Giants made the trade last year, because he's a trade deadline guy.
Speaker 4: Blade Tidwell.
Speaker 5: A lot of people around the game said, well, he's got a great arm, but he's destined for the bullpen. He's gonna be and he's got a chance to be a setup guy or a closer. Like he's got that kind of stuff, And I think the Giants haven't dismissed that as the maybe the end outcome, but I think when you look at his body just physically, this is a dude who in spring training was a reliever.
Speaker 4: In April was a reliever.
Speaker 5: Giants sent him down and said go be a starter, And within like three weeks he was throwing eighty pitches like he is built to take on a workload. And so I can see why we don't know how it's all going to play out over the next few months and next few years, but I can see whether the Giants are giving him a chance to be a starting pitcher.
Speaker 2: I mean, it didn't look like a rookie starter, to be honest with you. How he responded to that, Like the sequence that him and Sussack were putting together. How glad you mentioned, you know, he started to work in the change up the sweeper slider combo, like he showed a starter's pitch arsenal. He showed an extraordinary poise and really, for me, it was beautiful to watch as a guy who is a thinking hitter that wants to see what you know, how you're gonna match up. He he had command of several pitches and and and used his sequencing really really beautifully.
Speaker 6: I think the point about how he was one of.
Speaker 1: Last year's trade deadline like, we're sitting here and sizing up some of the prospects and maybe younger big leaguers the Giants got for this year's trade deadline and may.
Speaker 4: Take a while, it may take a year maybe more Well.
Speaker 1: Tidwell was kind of the guy last year that I mean truly looks like he belongs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a good point.
Speaker 5: And this this year's deadline was a little different in that the Giants i think targeted a little more upside maybe and some players who are a little farther from the big leagues. Last year, Gilbert Tidwell, as Zeus Rodriguez, all guys you can start.
Speaker 4: Bhutaux was a part of the trade deadline last year.
Speaker 5: All guys they thought, Okay, these guys can help us win real soon.
Speaker 4: Maybe the guys.
Speaker 5: They just acquired yesterday aren't quite in that category, but it's the same idea, like getting the talent base of this whole organization leveled up.
Speaker 4: They're doing it.
Speaker 5: It's frustrating when you watch as many losses as we've watched ten walk off losses this year. I mean, that's painful, painful, it's hard to go through. But they're making progress below the surface and we're starting to see some of that here.
Speaker 4: Now. That is a positive.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's a I think that's a good way to you try to you know, if if the minor leagues is what you need to uplift the major league level, then that's what you have to do. And I think that's kind of what they're trying to do. But yeah, I mean you're just you're cheering for different things. Now, You're cheering for for Tidwell to look good. Right. It's just it's just where we're at right now.
Speaker 4: And that's Rice Alter too, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Lefty closer Alsar hitting a two run RBI game tie and knock like off the bend.
Speaker 4: Against the Lats Lat's. His slider was nasty and they and they hung with it. Yeah, the left is good.
Speaker 3: Left handed hitters hung with it?
Speaker 6: All right, Maybe he's good. Maybe a tease for your pick, Hunter, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't maybe maybe we'll have to wait and see.
Speaker 6: We'll see you be all right, we'll pick some players next.
Speaker 1: All right, let's uh, let's pick some players after this five to four loss, Glen.
Speaker 6: Why don't you lead us off tonight?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Slaveys? Because he is. I said it to Joe, I said.
Speaker 4: Joe when we were in spring training.
Speaker 3: Could you have imagined that I said that, I would say to you, we got to get Basabi and d bat here in the night. Did he Probably not, But that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: Thing, we got to get it to. He's our guy. That's the rally and cry.
Speaker 3: Get it to.
Speaker 4: So that's my that's my guy. That's pretty awesome. Pick all right, Hunter? All right, Well for me, I gotta take play. Did well?
Speaker 2: I really think that that was one of the coolest outings for you know, your first start back. He pitched great out of the bullpen, and they send him down. We want you to be a starter. You're scratching your head a bit because he was effective out of a bullpen and now comes up and shows exactly what they were looking for. I thought that this was just an impressive first showing and he's got a lot to prove and still long ways to go, but you could definitely see the potential and what he's capable of.
Speaker 4: It was it was nasty stuff.
Speaker 2: That sweeper was moving, can be played, did well, excellent.
Speaker 4: Good pick.
Speaker 6: I'm sure we'll see him start a game on the homestand coming up I would think, yeah, I would think so too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, Dave, Okay, I'm gonna go with Drew Gilbert. Tonight, Drew Gilbert came off the bench, drew a walk before the Giants tied the game, and he started the rally. But Sabi hits the home run to tie it, but Gilbert's the one who got on base, so the one swing could tie the game. And then he had his second hit all year against a lefty. You can't ask for a harder lefty to face, and he was down oh two and he got the hit that started the ninth inning rally. So that's a great job coming off the bench by Drew Gilbert.
Speaker 4: He's my guy.
Speaker 2: Great and savage ab right there found away they're fighting.
Speaker 3: It may have been the best at bat of the night. By a Giants hit.
Speaker 4: It might have been there was a lot of good ones. Yeah, but that's maybe. Come on, ain't gonna just give that up. He's gotta go back and think about there was a lot of good ones.
Speaker 5: Hey, by the way, since you picked, just a little tease, He's the Around the Park guest tomorrow eleven five am.
Speaker 4: DC tells me is when.
Speaker 6: The show airs during the pregame.
Speaker 4: So the Sabe is the Around the Park cast tomorrow. Here from the new Giant, Louis Mato's cousin, right.
Speaker 5: Luis Matos's cousin, Jackson Sherry Curio's cousin, the Sabe twins cousin.
Speaker 4: That's a baseball family would get into that tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Perfect.
Speaker 1: So tease, right, good pick, Thank you, well you left me Eldridge. I'll take the Giant's secret weapon, pinch hit or off the bench. I don't know how many pinch hit opportunities. Bryce Eldridge is going to have and what we hope is a very long Giant's career. But he had one tonight and it's not an easy thing to do, and against a premier closer, and he tied the game with I mean, he's had some great at bats. That might have been one of his three or four best at bats of the year this season.
Speaker 2: I mean, you probably couldn't put him in a worse situation. You know what, lefty best closer, go get it, and he's good against lefties.
Speaker 4: That's a tough spot. But he's your best bat.
Speaker 2: And on top of Bryce Elgers being a great pick, Tony boy Tello managed this game outstanding, and he made a lot of really tough calls and a lot of good moves. I enjoyed kind of the way that he managed this ball game.
Speaker 5: Maybe Bryce, if he's in the lineup every day for the next fifteen years and hitting five hundred home runs, maybe it'll be like Barry where the rare, rare off day, he's taking a nap in the clubhouse and the Giants pick on the youngest trainer to go back. Wake Berry up, he eats a bitch it. Maybe Eldridge will be like that. Wake Brice up, Yeah, go wake Brice.
Speaker 4: He's giant.
Speaker 3: Why I can't picture Bryce Elter Jenner recliner.
Speaker 5: You never know how it's gonna play twenty years from now. Maybe so forty good pick Joe, All right, what's on deck?
Speaker 1: Sponsored Byer California four Dealers, Uh Giants seven won a series on the road in quite some time. I know this was disappointing tonight, but they can still get something done here tomorrow. And we talked about Tidwell tonight getting opportunities wizen Hunt, same kind of deal, and he'll get another chance tomorrow for the Giants.
Speaker 2: I'll see if you can piggyback those two starts, two absolute dimes from Logan Webb and Blade Tidwell.
Speaker 4: Now it's your turn, all right.
Speaker 5: And besa on a round eleven five am Pacific time around the podcast.
Speaker 6: I'll be listening, all right, We'll be here listening.
Speaker 1: What's on decks sponsor Buyer California, Ford Dealers and the legendary Ford f one fifty truck visit by fordnow dot com today to find yours all right, coming back with some of the highlights Net