Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Yeddy. Coming up later in the show, A couple of intriguing not two terrifying stories about a I plus some gender bending madness. But it's always a pleasure to talk to lonhe chen Lan. He's the David and Diane Stephi Fellow in American Public Policy Studies at the Hoover Institution and the Director of Domestic Policy Studies at Stanford University. Lon he Welcome, How are you, Joe, A very good morning to you. Also, among your credentials, you are a big Dodgers fan and executive producer Mike Hanson is convinced the Dodgers are about to be sold and fall apart financially.
Speaker 2: He would be completely wrong in that assumption.
Speaker 1: Ah, everybody roots against the big dog. You have to put up with it.
Speaker 3: So you know, in the words of the great was it whoever it was that called the last game of the World Series, you know, to beat the champ you got to knock them out, and nobody's knocking out the Dodgers this year.
Speaker 1: They win three in a row. The revolution is coming from Major League Baseball, though. The proletariat are going to rise up in the streets. All right, So let's talk a little politics, and you know, us getting too far in depth into a primary election where four hundred and thirty two people showed up to vote and trying to xtrapolate that to some giant movement I think is just silly. But in the recent primaries there have been some kind of intriguing result. What do you think is the most significant one?
Speaker 3: Well, I still think it has to do with the nationalization of our politics, Joe. And the reason that we care about the Wisconsin governor's race or the Minnesota Senate race, or races that otherwise probably wouldn't have a whole lot of impact for people who don't live in those states, is because of what it means for our national politics. And I think, particularly on the left, if you look at the energy behind a lot of the progressive democratic socialist candidates, and I get it, not all of them self identifies democratic socialists, but in my book, if you're in favor of the government takeover of healthcare, you're pretty much a socialist. And I think that that's what we've seen from people like Abdul al Sayid in Michigan, or Francesca Haung in Wisconsin or others around those various Midwestern states. And again, the reason we care is because of what it says about where the energy is in the progressive movement and what these races tell us about national Democratic party politics. So that to me is to be the most trend. And actually do think a couple of people about it that Democratocrat is statically dodged it last night.
Speaker 1: Okay, Lonie, we're having a connection issue, Michael, is there anything we can do? Reset anything? What would you suggest?
Speaker 2: I will try and get it reconnected.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we're gonna disconnect with Lonhi and reconnect. Some of these new modern software, internet driven ways to connect or absolutely wonderful when they work, but tend to be a bit more glitchy than the old hardwired even the fiber optic cable stuff of yesteryear, which in a little scene behind a look behind the scenes here is now prohibitively expensive to do. Yes, oh, he's checking with Lonhie here he comes in three two one, yes, No, what do we think? Okay, Lonie Chen rejoins us Loni. Sorry for the interruption, the technology being what it is, but you are saying the energy where everybody's curious where the energy is and plas of politics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry about that, I guess Bernie Sanders tap my phone again. But the basic point is that the basic point is that what you have is this nationalization of politics and the energy on the democratic side right now it does appear to be with the far progressive left, and I think that's the lesson. Even though you know, Democrats I think dodged a bullet with Francesca Hong apparently losing last night. I do think that they that's where the energy is, and if you look around, you know, that's where the success has been. And I think it'll be very interesting to see how much of that remains as we get past the twenty six midterm cycle and start talking about twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Right, the Francesca Hong thing, and this is the sort of every man analysis, So you get here as opposed to in Lanhi's world, if she hadn't been a half wit, she'd a one. I mean, she lost by a fingernails. She was an embarrassing candidate in a lot of ways she was the left version of some of those MAGA candidates that were so terrible a couple of cycles ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, she It was interesting that she and Mike Lindell of my Pillow fame were in the you know, sort of running on the same day basically and had elections on the same day, and they're both caricatures. I think of whether it's the Maga right or in Francesca Hogg's case, the far progressive left. But you're absolutely right about Hong. If she had, you know, basically gone underground for the last two weeks of her campaign, she.
Speaker 2: Might have won. Actually she would have.
Speaker 3: She would have been better off going underground than giving the interviews she gave, because what the interviews exposed was that the far left caricature in her case wasn't actually a caricature, It was actually the truth. Right. I mean, you have somebody who's talked about, you know, getting rid of Thanksgiving and you know again government takeover of health care, you know, being totally comfortable with all of the you know, sort of politics of twenty twenty, as I like to think of at the woke politics of twenty twenty, being totally comfortable with all of that, and the interviews just showed that she gave some disastrous interviews. And you're absolutely right. If she was even a tick better of a candidate, you know, she probably wins that wins that election.
Speaker 1: So let's look next door at Minnesota. I was surprised that the lieutenant governor, Penny Peggy Flanagan beat a pretty solid centrist Democratic candidate, Angie Craig, because Minnesota become a laughingstock essentially for their horrific levels of fraud per capita. California will make them look like amateurs when all the accounting is done. And she was sitting at Tim Waltz's side as all this was going on. You know, my analysis is if you're a progressive and you blame everything on either white people or capitalism or whatever, you never look in the mirror. But I was surprised that the lieutenant governor of such a scandal play. I mean, Tim Walls was going to run himself, but he couldn't because he's so scandal played. I couldn't believe she won.
Speaker 3: Well, again, we have to think about where the energy is in the Democratic Party, and I think particularly in Minnesota, that was the center of a lot of I mean, not just the fraud stuff, but you know, all of the police involved shootings and all the things that we've seen over the last couple of years. Minnesota was the epicenter for that, and I think in some ways what it did was to galvanize the left to move even farther left, rather than trying to come back to the middle and trying to say, look, how can we address some of the challenges that have been created by the failed Walls administration.
Speaker 2: Instead of that, they went further left.
Speaker 3: And actually, I'm not surprised that Flanagan was able to win there because I do think again, it's where the energy is, and the movement in Minnesota was particularly acute because they sort of see themselves, you know, with all due respect to California, they sort of see themselves as the center of the anti Trump existence. And I think that's why that electric moved even further left.
Speaker 1: So I want to talk about the Republicans in a second. But how seriously do you take the prospect of Abdul al Said winning in Michigan winning a United States Senate seat.
Speaker 2: You know, I wouldn't underestimate the guy.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you look at his ability to articulate a message in a very you know, I don't happen to agree with the message, but I think that he can articulate a message in a pretty compelling way to people who you know, otherwise don't follow politics as closely. Let's say, you know, I think that Mike Rogers, who is the Republican Senate nominee in Michigan, is probably very excited to run against Abdul l Sae because of his positions. Particularly, I think he's particularly vulnerable on his positions with respect to taking away healthcare by replacing it with this government run system. I do think that is a particular vulnerability for l Saeed. Not to mention his association with people like Ilhan Omar and AOC who might be appealing again to the progressive left, I don't think they're appealing to the vast majority of Michiganders. So I think Mike Rogers has is definitely in a much better position because he's running against Alsaid. But I would not underestimate the Democrat in that race just because you know, he's good on TV, and he's compelling and knows how to articulate a message.
Speaker 1: Mom, Donnie ask in a lot of ways. I want to talk maybe next segment, after we bid you goodbyel On he about the whole Medicare for All and how that's really fraud, how it will eliminate private insurance and fraud it to be covered. It's utterly fraudulent. We'll explain why in a second, but let's take a look to the right. Does the Republican Party have any idea what it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, for all the challenges that the Democratic Party has, I think that one of the challenges on the Republican side is that, you know, we have, for the last I don't know, as a movement, probably at least for the last decade, certainly been a party that's been very closely associated with a single person, and that's Donald Trump. And I think the question becomes what does the party and the movement look like as we start to think ahead to twenty twenty eight and you know, when they'll be a new set of candidates. And I think that's a question that we've got to grapple with now. I've always maintained that the movement, the Republican conservative movement, what do you want to call it, is that it's strongest when we're thinking about a series of ideas about how to improve people's lives. And what I worry about a little bit is that we've fallen too much into the politics of personality versus the politics of ideas. And I would hope that whoever the next nominee is, whoever wants to compete for that nomination and don't I don't have a particular view on, you know, where that's headed, but I'll just say that whoever does it, I really hope that they focus on, you know, what are the ideas that are going to make this movement durable for the years to come. I mean, that's where I think that the party needs to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a big Marco guy, which we'll be talking about next half hour, I think. But you know, it's funny. I was just going to say, I heard recently that the difference between a hack and a writer is a hack writes what he thinks his audience wants to read, and a writer writes what he actually feels and thinks. And I was just going to ask you, and you parsonally answered this. But and I have talk show host privilege. I can spout high minded ideas and principles and quote Thomas Jefferson. But I never have to win an election. Okay, you know, I'm not tasked with winning election, and if we don't, I lose my job. So it's easy to be high minded. But having said that, is the roadback for the Republican Party to coherence and relevance in persuading people to come over. Is it less about being a hack and more about a set of ideas. I think hackery always ends badly. Pandering always ends badly, although it will always be a part of politics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think the best combination is ideally you have great ideas and a great way of talking about them. And you know, I mean, for all of the the sort of discussion about Newt Gingrich in the nineties, I mean this is like well before the time of maybe some of your listeners. But if you go back to the Contract with America, and you know, Newt had a way of really talking about those ideas, and all of those ideas were you know, sort of solid conservative ideas, if you will, but he was you know, he managed to package them up and talk about them in a way that I think a lot of people found compelling. And when you combine good ideas with a good message. That that's sort of the holy grail of politics and policy, and so that's really where we've got to go. It's not just about having good ideas, because I think good ideas are great, But to your point, good ideas alone are not enough to win an election.
Speaker 2: They just they're just not in this day and age. You have to be able to communicate.
Speaker 3: And that's why if you look at the left, for all of the bad ideas that the far far progressive left is talking about, medicare for all, free grocery stores, you know, getting rid of basically elements of private enterprise. The reason why you know those are ideas, and the reason why people have really given the far progressive left another look is because.
Speaker 2: They've been able to communicate those ideas.
Speaker 3: And so whatever it is that Republicans and Conservatives decide to do next, the one thing I hope they'll do is I hope they'll marry strong ideas with in some ways what President Trump has been able to do, which is to communicate effectively, and now he's communicated his own agenda. But I guess I would say the lesson learned from that is you can communicate about these ideas in a way that is very compelling and powerful to people. So you've got to figure out how to combine all these different forces. And whether it's Marco Rubio or JD. Vance or whoever it might be next, that's they're going to be their challenge. That's going to be the fundamental challenge of the next couple of years.
Speaker 1: Lanie Chen of the Hoover Institution, Stanford University, lot he is always enlightening. Thanks a million for the time. Good to talk to you, sure, Joe, good to talk to you. More to come stay with us, Armstrong.
Speaker 2: See Armstrong and Getty Shark.
Speaker 1: You know, we don't get into a lot of policy wonkiness around here because it's a little dullish and would put us out of business. But I did want to touch on this really quickly because I found it enlightening. For what it's worth, my wife and I are just short of medicare age. We'll be there soon, god willing. I'm only dimly aware of how it works, and a lot of the folks falling for a socialist cheek, whether they're abdul l s I Aid and As followers or whomever, are running around talking about medicare for all, among other things like free childcare and an eight percent wealth tax on billionaires and stuff like that, and some of the goals that they speak of, good housing, good healthcare, affordable food, basic dignity of life. Okay, nobody disagrees with any of that stuff, but it's worth mentioning that this guy who earned a doctorate in public health from Oxford, for God's sake, and his wife is a practicing psychiatrist, which means she has a medical degree and refuses to take Medicare, which is hilarious. He knows all this stuff, he's He says he actually authored a book, Medicare for All, a Citizen's Guide, and it said it would eliminate private insurance. But the catchphrase Medicare for All is misleading. What he poses isn't universal Medicare, but a single payer system with no premiums, deductibles, are cost sharing, and no alternatives, and Medicare has all of those things. All seniors who don't also qualify for Medicaid have to pay a monthly Medicare Part B premium starting at a couple one hundred dollars, and tied upward income seniors who enroll in traditional Medicare fee for service also have a about a seventeen hundred dollars deductible for in patient hospital care, steep cost sharing requirements, and no limit on out of pocket spending. They also have to purchase a separate prescription drug plans whose munthly premiums range from nothing to about two hundred and forty bucks depending on income. That's per month. Another forty percent of seniors in traditional medicare by supplemental insurance policies to cover benefits like dental and vision care that are not provided by the government, and for protection against catastrophic costs because again there's no out of pocket limit. There's all sorts of private insurance involved in Medicare to make it worth an s It's a it's a good thing for seniors, no doubt, But the idea that hey, we're going to have Medicare for all, which means you don't have to have private insurance just to lie, we would end up with British style universal health care where you have to wait six months to get your cancer treatment started. And that's as nightmarish as it sounds. Not that our current healthcare system isn't screwed up, is it's so screwed up. We're gonna talk to Craig, the healthcare guru about that, I think tomorrow. But Medicare for All is a it's a canard, it's a sham. It's a scam, like virtually everything they do. I mentioned casually to lonhi Chen that I'm a Marco Rubio guy until talked out of it. He did an interview the other day. It was really something. We're gonna play you a couple of bits of that and then squeeze in whatever else we can. As always, if you can't stick around, grab it via podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand arms Strong.
Speaker 3: And Getty.
Speaker 2: The arms Strong and Getty Show adopted RFK s giant diet of red meat crazy.
Speaker 4: This is a diet that consists of eating sauer kraut and meat. Now you understand, like this is not a sustainable thing, Like you can't just walk into it. He can you imagine he has to travel with coolers of south I'm not going to travel the world with a cooler full of sour crowd.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous. I can't do it. It's not sustainable. That is Marco Rubio commenting on RFK Junior's whack adoodle diet, and the interviewer followed up with the next clip, Michael, are you Maha? I'm in favor of Maha, like I think people should be.
Speaker 2: Is not but I think ultimately he is completely not want to pop tarts?
Speaker 1: No, I don't need pop tarts every day. Okay, you eat sweets.
Speaker 4: Pop tart is one of the great American innovations in history. Do you think about it?
Speaker 3: Comes He's beautiful for all the things you should not be eating, every single thing.
Speaker 1: That is his wife, Jeanette sitting in on the interview with Marco Rubio calling him out. That is hilarious. Jack is fond of repeating the absolutely undeniable wisdom that, with few exceptions, in an election, the person who is more comfortable in their skin wins. They beat the person who seems to be trying to be something, because that's so hard to pull off. Hillary was the ultimate example of that. I mean, look, no matter what you think of her, crazy, smart, tough, mean as a snake, yes yes, yes, Secretary of State, I mean credentials, but she always acted like she was She always seemed like she was putting us on or trying to be something she wasn't. So anyway, a little more with Marco Rubio, and hey, I'll admit it's true. I would like him to be president. I wanted him to be president for a while. Maybe you'd disagree, but he is a very likable chap. Let's see what I don't want to do too many of these. Let's do thirty two.
Speaker 3: You said to lar Trump if you had a day off, that you would watch football all day.
Speaker 4: I answered the questionmpletely wrong.
Speaker 1: Why. Well, first of all, the right answer is I would spend it with my wife going on, oh yeah, okay. But the true answer is, and.
Speaker 4: Here's why I messed up that answer. Okay, because here's the thing. The day would actually start much earlier. The greatest show on television today in America is College Game Day. Great show starts around ten or eleven, and that leads you to noon, and then the noon game, and then there's a three thirty game, and then there's a So I messed and in the idea like this is a crazy weekend. It would never happen. So I'm just putting this out there. But you could start at ten am on Saturday, you know, run the whole college football day, sleep for a few hours, then you wake up, and then you're in the NFL game day. Then you got the one o'clock game, the four o'clock game, the NBC game that night. That is an incredible weekend in my opinion. In my view, obviously, I don't believe that ever I will ever achieve this, certainly not in the next two and a half years or what have you. But and your audience probably doesn't care anything about what I just said. But I'm just telling you that that would be a crazy day.
Speaker 2: But that's never going to happen, right, Well, you never know, You never know.
Speaker 1: I should say. He's on the Katie Miller podcast though, and I'm enjoying it. It's a good interview, solid interview, and Katie does a nice job. One more I like the looks of this thirty three Michael. So I have a dog.
Speaker 4: We have two dogs, and then we have one that's really smart. You know, these are Golden doodles, but this one's more poodle than doodles, so than golden.
Speaker 2: Very smart.
Speaker 1: Knows how to open the door.
Speaker 4: So one day, I think Pete and his family were just sitting around watching television and they keep their front door open because they have cats, which I never took Pete for a cat guy.
Speaker 2: But oh my.
Speaker 1: God, and.
Speaker 4: So and anyway, and my dog just walked into their living room and looked around, realized I'm in the wrong house, and turned around and walked out.
Speaker 1: But yes, so our dog does open the door many doors. Pete, heg Zeth cat guy. I would not have guessed that. Huh, okay, let's you're right handsome. That was nice. It was endearing. Does he want the job? I know political professional political pundits would say, well, he pledged if JD. Vans runs, he will support him, as Barack Obama had the guts to say. And this is one of the few things I credit him with. After having said he wouldn't do something, he said, yeah, it changed my mind.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: That was hard, Which is why I laugh at so many professional political pundits. They are so locked into their habits and they're just repeating what the rest of the herd says. It's just absolutely silly. A couple of other political notes for you. Abdul al said, the newly minted Democratic nominee for the Senate in Michigan has promoted over and over again a book entitled Let This Radicalize You. He's plugged it at least ten times on his podcast, and they stopped counting after ten. So he thinks of this book like I think of James Lindsay's cinical theories, for instance, were Tim Sanderfer's proclaiming liberty just so good. I want everybody to know about it. Not getting paid, I'm not making any money. It's not because anybody's my friend. It's I think it's super great that you read these books. So al said feels that way about a book called Let This Radicalize You. His podcast is called America Dissected.
Speaker 3: By the Way.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting title. So the full title of the book is Let This Radicalize You. Organizing in the Revolution of Reciprocal Care, authored by Kelly Hayes and Marguerite Casey Foundation scholar Merriam Caba. It's an unabashedly anti American book, published in May of twenty three, promises leaders quote readers rather a practical and imaginative resource for activists and organizers building power in an era of destabilization and catastrophe. Chapter six, Violence in Social Movements. The authors dismiss peaceful protests as submissive to the state and argue that violent protesters should not necessarily be considered bad and I quote fetishizing distinctions between violence and nonviolence can lead to the indulgence of rhetoric about good and bad protesters, where peaceful protesters are celebrated and violent protesters, for example, those who engage in properties destruction that disrupts profit are viewed as disposable and disreputable. And when they refer to peaceful protests, they're talking about cooperative protests that obediently stay within the lines drawn by the state. They're against that quote. This licenses people to care about the cause being protested without caring about what happens to the bad protesters. For example, even as significant numbers of people's the uprisings following the racist murder of George Floyd, it wasn't many fewer people vocally defended the rights of protesters who were arrested for acts of property destruction and funneled into the racist carceral system, Meaning people did not defend protesters who burned cities to the ground and ended up jailed. They rationalize all this by saying there's no greater purveyor of violence in the world than the US government, from war to policing, to incarceration to border violence to the slashing of the national safety social safety net, the US government kills untold millions. The violence of rebellion is infinitesimal by comparison, meaning it's justified. The maintenance of global capitalism necessitates mass death. Good lord, there are times I'm disturbed by these people. Not their philosophy, although that's plenty disturbing, but the fact that they could believe it. Speaking of great books, read Stephen Pinker's Enlightenment Now, which is absolutely fantastic, particularly the first section, which outlines how many billions of people billions, the free market has lifted out of poverty, misery, and disease and death into some pretty good standards of living since the Enlightenment, especially, and how liberty, political and economic have saved billions and billions of lives, and how centrally planned systems inevitably end in mass death and jailing, in political dissonance and torture, and the rest of it. And so to hear somebody say with a straight face the maintenance of global capitalism necessitates mass death, you know you're dealing with a crazy person. Anyway, I'm gonna read on. I'm going to tell you a little bit more of what their advocation in Hassan or Abdul l Sayid's favorite book, The Islamiunist. But first, a word from our friends at Blue Collar Dollar. You're a working woman, a working man. You bust your ass, you get it done, you save, you're practical. Well, we'd like to introduce you to Blue Collar Dollar because they get what you get. They're building a place where hardworking people can share values and financial dreams with advisors who talk with you, never at you. If you've saved five hundred thousand dollars or more. We invite you to call Blue Collar Dollar for no cost consultation. There's no obligation. If you don't like what's here, there's no harm done. You're not signing up. They're very honest, straightforward people. From your mobile phone, doll pound two fifty and when you're prompted, say the keywords blue Collar Dollar and they will connect you. That's pound two fifty and say blue Collar Dollar. Ask your questions. Advisory service is offered through Talent LLC and SEC registered investment advisor. Rocketing is conducted by its affiliate company, a Blue Dollar Dollar LLC or registration as an investment advisor does not imply a certain level of scale or training. For more important disclosures, visit Triple dub Bluecollar Dollar dot com. So wherewith I, Oh, that's what these what else? IED's favorite book advocates, So the maintenance global capitalism necessitates mass death, and of course if you're causing mass death, I am willing to kill you for it, and they are willing to kill us for it too. And disobedience to Sharia law the other side of his act. But anyway, I'm going to quote the book down directly. If you choose to disrupt these capitalist systems passively, destructively or by way of extending mutual aid, the concept of violence may be stretched and manipulated by the powerful to encompass your work. That is why we must not allow the frameworks of the powerful to define the balance of our morality in our politics and our action. In other words, commit violence, it's justified. And they talk about defunding the police and all sorts of related quote unquote woke stuff. But yeah, interesting, yeah. L Said has also raised eyebrows for his consistent refusal to denounce the nine to eleven terrorist attacks or his top serget Hassan Piker, who said America deserved nine to eleven. Now they are kind of disavowing it just because they know they have to. But on the eve of the primary vote else I joined Piker, an influencer pool rally in Pool Party in Detroit. Shortly after his election win, Piker dismissed Haley voters his opponent as islamophobic pieces of s. Okay, that's how they try to get you to sit down and shut up. Sorry, guys, not gonna do it. Not around here. More to come.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty show.
Speaker 1: Mention this at the very beginning of the show. I was wrong about Jackie the Eagle. I was right that eagles don't have names. But Katie, I believe you have the transcript of what I said yesterday and for which I need to apologize. Yes, how long is it? Uh?
Speaker 2: Maybe like a minute?
Speaker 1: All right? Gohet, Jackie has passed.
Speaker 5: I believe in balance and that sort of thing. But look, there is no crueler bitch on earth than Mother Nature, pardon my frank terminology. While there aren't that many bald eagles. I'm just back from Alaska, where I can report that they're like crows.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of them, a hell of a lot of them.
Speaker 5: So if eagles did what eagles do and Jackie's dead, that's just the way that it goes. The eagle is dead. I'm sure I'll get angry about how insensitive I am. No, I just like nature and I understand human beings. You don't get to tell nature how.
Speaker 1: To be nature. That wasn't terrible. So we did get a couple of emails from people who were hurt at my lack of sensitivity to the dead eagle. And I will tell you this. I reflected upon my words and realize two things. Number One, I have been an enthusiastic consumer of a raptor cam that focuses on some nests by my house. And I have rooted for the eagles for their eggs to hatch, and for them to have babies, and the babies to be healthy and successful and that sort of thing. And so I thought, well, wait a minute, then why was I a little bit cynical about the reaction. And there are two reasons. This is not an excuse, it's an explanation. Two reasons. Number one, some of the crazy people who plagued the veterinarians and like went in and were trying to insist that they save Jackie, and the people are like, we're trying to do would you get out of here? There were crazy people on them. But secondly, and this is the key point, I realized what queered me to the whole thing, what poisoned my attitude, is how much I hate David Muir, the anchor of ABC News, the bent nosed jackass who will report that. Well, first of all, he reports that there's severe weather every single day, but he uses the same self serious, low voice tone whether he's reporting two baby ducks flew away from the nest or an earthquake killed one hundred thousand people in Detroit. I mean, it's just and he's such a lefty and he's so happy with himself. I hate him. And he's really been hammering the Jackie the Eagle story in like a syrupy, dopey way, and it it prejudiced me, and it made me cynical about not David Muir, bent knows jackass, but about the people who are into the eagles. And I apologize for that. I love nature. I love watching raptors and shore birds and that sort of thing. I spend more time than his normal doing it. Yeah, I hate David Muir, you know, I say that's it.
Speaker 5: I had just kind of a bad taste in my mouth for David Muir for a while, and now I think I'm on your level. And it started with the La fires when he had the fire jacket on and they turned and he had a fashion clip clap clasp all right back of the jacket to make him look more fish. He's standing in front of Holmes burning to the ground. Yeah, he's so full of himself.
Speaker 1: Oh, that reminds me, among the other many things that we're probably not gonna be able to squeeze in. Maybe we'll try tomorrow. But the trial or the legal proceedings against that confused, dopey leftist piece of crap who actually set some of the disastrous fires in southern California, it's it's underway, and it is utterly clear he did it in the name of socialism and leftist politics. There have been reams written about how those fires are the product of climate change, yeah right, and fossil fuels and the evil evil conservatives and how climate change threatens us all. Oh, they're about to air a big climate change episode of sesame straight. Oh good, that's argosatic. Yeah, that's what they get. You terrify the little kids, terrify the little kids who can't understand any of this monsters. Anyway, So you got reams written about climate change, and you will you will be unsuccessful if you go to La Times or any of the major publications to try to find information about leftist inspired arson and the disaster, the utter devastation caused by that leftist violence, because setting a massive wildfire is an active violence. I mean, my god, it is perhaps the greatest mass destruction an individual ken unleash, and it was leftist violence. But you will not get a word on that. So anyway, enough said, I'm preaching to the choir here. You all know what I'm talking about. Jack is going to check in from the vacation road to kick off next hour. I believe he is still in Canada. America's hats going to be our fifty first state. But looking forward to that also, well, I haven't decided one hundred percent if I'm going to do this, but I want to talk about that fake academic Jason ar Day at Cambridge who's now been exposed as a plagiarist and a liar and a fabulous and just half a dozen kinds of crackpot. And it was easily easily seen for a long time. But because academia is so desperate, so feverishly needing to show how enlightened they are and how woke they are, they let this guy scam continue for years. And it's a real head scratcher. Like I said before, it makes you think these people are so nuts there might not be any reaching them. And I'll bring the receipts, as they say these days, in the particulars for you. Next hour, we'll talk to Jack and I think we'll we'll have for you our conversation with James Lindsay from earlier, which I will explain. If you're listening via podcast and you're like I already heard that, I'll explain why we're probably gonna do that again. But hope you can stay tuned. And if you can't, as always, maybe you don't get our four on your beloved local radio station, just grab it via podcast later whenever it's convenient via Armstrong can get you on demand if you subscribe to auto downloads. It's super easy. Thanks for being here, armstrong and Getty