Speaker 1: Speaking up in all casts. For those that done the redcast, it's.
Speaker 2: The John Phillip Show.
Speaker 3: And we continue at two five in the afternoon on The John Phillips Show. The Birthday Boy is across the Glass.
Speaker 4: Johnny. We're broadcasting live on the radio on seven ninety KABC in southern California and eight ten KSFO in the Bay Area, and we're also broadcasting on live on video every single day from noon to three at Johnny don't Like dot Com. We've made it so easy to find the video version of this show. Just go to Johnny don't Like dot Com takes you right to the YouTube channel. We'd appreciate it, especially because it's my birthday. If you would subscribe, like, share it with your friends, tell everyone you know what you're watching every day from noon to three. Tell them how unproductive you are because you're watching this show for three hours a day. But we'd love for you to subscribe to the show. Hit the like button and stay tuned. We sign off at three, but that's when the premiere of the new episode of The Accountability Podcast airs. Our exclusive interview with Steve Hilton eight hundred.
Speaker 3: Two two two five two two two. He is a telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. It is our pleasure to welcome our next guest to the program. He is a member of the Minnesota State Legislature. You can find him online at Maxreimer dot com and follow him on x at maxim Max Reimer.
Speaker 1: Welcome, Hey John, thanks for having me. Good to be back.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks so much for stopping by. So, there was a big election last night in your neighboring state, the state of Michigan, or the way I see it, the DSA had a clean sweep where Abdul al Sayed won the Democratic nomination for US Senate over Haley Steves, a man who has said that the United States deserved nine to eleven. You had Rashida Talib, who is a proud member of the DSA, She won her primary for reelection. And then you had a Democrat, Shariit Theander, who is just a standards rank and file Democrat with very interesting eyebrows and hair, and he went down to a DSA candidate. What do you make of the fact that in a swing state that voted for Donald Trump two out of three times, the state of Michigan, the DSA is on the ascendancy and just the standard partisan Democrats just took a good swift kick to the.
Speaker 1: Crotch, isn't it interesting? And I think you're going to see the same thing happen in Minnesota this upcoming week. So we have a primary election here for both governor and US Senate in Minnesota. On the Democrat side, you have more of your stock Democrat candidate in Angie Crag and then you have our lieutenant governor, who's probably the most radical politician we have in the state except for Ilhan Omar, who is the DSA candidate. And I think this is a harbinger for what's going to happen here in Minnesota and actually what's going to happen in our neighboring state in Wisconsin. You do see this ascendancy of DSA candidates, But you got to keep in mind the Democrats gave these candidates, and these people really no outlet in their party. They haven't picked their own candidate for a long long time. They tried to keep them at bay. They tried to basically play the hits, say the right thing, And what's become very apparent is that that is not enough anymore. And just one note on shre Thanadar. I'm bummed that he lost because every now and again he would come up on my social media feeds and I would just get a big kick out of how is this guy in Congress?
Speaker 3: The Midwest is known for having a very polite sort of culture. In Minnesota, they call it Minnesota nice, and people they go to the Midwest, they get treated very well. People are very impressed with the manners, the yes ma'am, the no sir, that sort of thing. How do you think it's gonna play in Michigan where you have a candidate that goes you know, planes land on runways every day, it's not every day that they fly in the buildings. And you know, nine to eleven was something I think was a pretty good thing. How is that gonna fly in the nice Midwest?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What we call it in Minnesota, like you said before, is Minnesota nice, And what it really means is Minnesota or Midwestern passive aggressive. We're not always going to tell you the truth to your face, but when we're in the privacy of a voting booth, then we're gonna let our frustration out a little bit. I don't think it's gonna work. I don't think the country is ready for it. I think socialism is still a deeply unpopular concept. It just so happens that one party doesn't talk to working people anymore about what they actually want, and they think that Democrats the prescription here is that the DSA candidates by abolishing the Senate and praising nine to eleven and medicare for all, and we don't need a presidency anymore. That's not what I when I talk to working class voters in Minnesota, that's not even remotely what they're looking for. They're just looking at like a fair shake. So I don't think that it's going to invigorate this underground socialist base of America. I don't think there's enough people in the country who believe that. And I think, thank God, frankly, that l Sied is the candidate, because we're facing some headwinds on the national stage as the Republican Party. But to have these radical candidates be the answer, whether it's Minnesota or Michigan or Wisconsin, I think this is a godsend for us.
Speaker 3: John, do you think it's possible given the fact that standard rank and file Democrats seem to do well in statewide elections in those states where Amy Klovachar wins every time she comes up in Minnesota. You look at Michigan, Debbie Stabbinow string together a bunch of different wins when she was in the United States Senate in the House before that. Could you see a scenario where the Republican candidates win the US Senate seats in Minnesota and Michigan because the Democrats just pushed too far with these ideologically extreme candidates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think in Michigan you have a state that Trump has carried twice. Now this is basically a down the middle state. And when you have just your average stock Republican whose name is Mike Rogers. Okay, this is Joe America versus Saddam Hussein's cousin. If you've ever seen that meme before, and I just don't think it's going to play well in Michigan. And then in Minnesota, if this Peggy Flanagan is their nominee, this is a candidate who adopts every left wing position. She's famous for wearing a shirt that says protect trans kids with a knife on it, like a knife stabbing someone on it. And if she is the nominee for the Democrat Party. We're going to have a real puncher's chance, I think in Minnesota, because most Minnesotans they want to think of themselves as compassionate, generally center left, But to nominate a candidate like that, I think is a bridge too far.
Speaker 3: In California, the public employee unions are very, very, very powerful. The SCIU is arguably the most powerful entity in the state, maybe even more powerful than the teachers Union, which maybe two three years ago I would have told you is insane to think about, but I think it might be true now. And the institutions, the unions, and the environmental groups and all of those groups seem to have tight control over statewide primaries. Here where you get those standard Democrats. Javier Besserra is the Democratic nominee for governor. Before that, it was Adam Schiff for US Senate. They aren't DSA candidates. They're very partisan Democrats, and that's who the parties tend to like. It seems like your state parties in the Middle West and elsewhere, because it happened in Colorado and it happened in New York too, they're losing control of their own primaries. They're losing control of their own voters. How much panic is setting in within those institutions, the Democratic Party, the state parties, and the unions that they might not be the shot callers anymore.
Speaker 1: I can guarantee you that's a real phenomena in Minnesota for two reasons. So the chair, the longtime chair of the Democrat Party in Minnesota, the DFL, we call them the Democrat Farmer Labor Party. They've been that for fifty years. The chair of that party moved on to be the head of the DNC, Ken Martin. So you lost this continuity in leadership, this track record of success in leadership with him moving to the national stage. And then, because you're right, in Minnesota, it's very similar to California, where you do have the unions try to bolster the most electable Democrat candidate. What's transpiring among the Democrat base in Minnesota is they have now gone two election cycles in a row where they did not get any say in who their candidate was. The first being they didn't get to pick Kamala Harris here in Minnesota. I'm not sure Kamala Harris would have won a primary contest in Minnesota. And two because Tim Walls, our governor, the former VP candidate, was so mired in controversy he basically stepped down and said I'm not running for reelection. Well, then Amy Klobashar got inserted into that. She became the de facto candidate for the Democrats. No one's going to challenge Amy Klobashar. So you have this frustration among the Democrat base leaking out now in this upcoming Senate primary, where I think Peggy Flan again, the more radical of these two candidates, is going to win, and I don't think it's going to be particularly close in Minnesota. I think she's going to win by five, six seven points.
Speaker 3: Well, it seems like they're losing control of their own primaries on a variety of levels. Because first, you have what the pitchforks and torches are doing, and clearly right now there's a level of anger within their own electorate that is scaring them. But you also have people like let's say Chuck Schumer, where if I'm Chuck Schumer and I'm trying to keep these seats in Minnesota and Michigan without having to worry too much about it, you go to the incumbent senators and you go, you're not retiring right now. I don't have enough bandwidth to defend an open seat in your state right now. You're going for one more term whether you like it or not, or you go in the case of Michigan, let's just say that Gary Peters is really done with politics and doesn't want to serve anymore. Okay. Then you go to Gretchen Whitmer, the governor who's won many state wide elections in that state, and you go, Okay, I don't have the bandwidth to defend an open seat with a bunch of lunatics running, You're gonna run. And they didn't have that power, and so they ended up with these chaotic primaries where they're losing control absolutely.
Speaker 1: And in Minnesota, I think what they thought was that if Amy Klobasher wants to step in and do the governor thing, that's fine. Minnesota is usually a safe seat. Will insert this moderate congresswoman Angie Craig into that seat, will funder to the gills, We'll make sure that it's not a competitive primary. Well that's not happening. And the favorite, the polling favorite right now next Tuesday in Minnesota is Michelle Tafoya Okay, we have a couple of other key candidates. We have our endorsed candidate, Adam Schwarzy, But right now, the polling favorite is Michelle Tafoya, the former NFL sideline reporter who's very moderate on a number of issues on things like abortion and some statements where she's opposed Trump. And if it is Michelle Tafoya against Peggy Flanagan in our general election, John the Democrat National Group, that Senate group is going to have to spend money in a general election in Minnesota. And I don't know when the last time they had to do that was maybe Norm Coleman or something like that, because it's been it's been twenty five years since outside money on the Democrat side has needed to try to defend a seat in Minnesota, and it's shaping up like they're going to have to. They got egg all over their face right now.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to that Michigan Senate race for a second, because I think there were a lot of dynamics in that race that kind of give us an idea as to how some of these future primary are going to play out, and maybe even the general election. Hailey Stevens, who was the Democratic Party's choice did very well with black voters, and she did very well with blue collar whites, people without college degrees. And you look at Abdul, he did extremely well with white people with college degrees. And the more educated you were, I guess the dumber your vote was, because the more educated you were, the more likely you were to vote for him. And it seems like whites with college degrees, specifically left wing whites with college degrees, have lost their freaking minds, and it's taking place in primary after primary after primary. They that's a group that's been radicalized. It's been radicalized in the way that they vote. It's been radical Look at Luigi Mangioni. He fitshed that category.
Speaker 1: Are the ones celebrating him.
Speaker 3: Who killed Charlie Kirk? You know, you name it. That crazy demographic seems to be hitting all the erogenous zones right now. What the hell is going on with whites with graduate degrees and their insane political views right now?
Speaker 1: Isn't it insane? I saw a chart. I saw somebody post a chart the other day of also comparing college education versus how you vote well. The affluent, I won't even say affluent, the people with bachelor's and master's degrees who also couldn't parlay those degrees into legitimate careers. They go into full time activism whether they know it or not. Their career or something adjacent to their career requires them to be political activists. And one thing you saw in Michigan that I found fascinating was that race was way closer than polling would lead you to believe. In some polls, Abdul was fifteen to twenty points ahead. And I think this is actually impacting the polling industry because these affluent white liberal especially women, are more responsive, it seems too polling. They are excited to get a polling call. So what I'm seeing the discourses is like, we actually have to adjust because we had this one demographic who's not only like politically engaged, but wants to answer a poll. I think it's the best case scenario for Republicans that it was as close as it was, because I think you're going to have a lot of people on the fringes, a lot of people who could swing either way, who are probably working class michigan Ers that say we're not going to vote for We're not going to vote for the socialist here but it is an interesting phenomena. It's people who are not earning enough money but have advanced degrees, went to an indoctrination factory, and they've made this their full time mission. It's their religion.
Speaker 3: John. I also think there's a sense of titlement because many of these people probably grew up in upper middle class homes where their parents had a nice house, their parents had a couple of cars, they had a pool, they had a yuard, they went on nice vacations, they were educated at elite institutions, and they have these useless degrees that they've collected that they cannot parley into a living that gives them a lifestyle they believe that they're entitled to. And because they're not living as good as their parents, they hate their boomer the boomers. They blame the boomers for them not being able to buy a home because the Boomers bought their home fifty years ago for eighty five cents in an onion and now they can't get into to a house in the city that they live in, certainly not any big city in the United States. And they're working these jobs that they think are beneath them, and they just don't see a bright future. So why not have the government provide me with the healthcare I want? Why not have the government provide me with a basic income. Why not have the government provide me with wiping out my student debt. The government should be the one that becomes my sugar daddy.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. And we saw that with mom Domni's housing director. When he first got elected, it was uncovered that this young woman basically was a trust fund baby, had like grew up on a ranch, multiple parents, had multiple homes. This is the same lady who then went out and said that the private ownership of housing needs to be abolished. She was like that extreme on it. The real tragedy with these people is, to your point, their background means that the policies they advocate for that actually impact people who are trying to work their way up the ladder, they have no consequence to that. There's always a fallback for this demographic of people, and they're making decisions for people impoverty, people who are trying to work two jobs and work their way up. They're going to make life more unaffordable for the very same people that they claim that they're helping. Because they have they don't have. They don't have the real problems that actual people who are working class or in poverty have.
Speaker 3: Last question before you go, what's your prediction in the Democratic primary in your home state of Minnesota. Is the left wing candidate going to win or the standard Democrat can win? No?
Speaker 1: I think Peggy flanagain, the DSA candidate in Minnesota, is going to win. I think she is going to win by like I said before, five to seven percent. I do not think it will be as close as Michigan is. And then really the matchup, the odds on matchup is Michelle Tafoya versus Peggy Flanagan, and I like our chances if that's the case.
Speaker 3: Max Rymer, member of the Minnesota Legislature. You can get them online at Maxerymer dot com and follow him on x at Max Rymer. Max Rymer, thanks so much for stopping John. It's the John Phillips Show. It's the John Phillips Show. Eight hundred two two two five two two two. He is a telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two.
Speaker 4: We're not writing messages to each other during the breaks about Katie Porter, she was an analyst. Done with Alex Michaelson last night on CNN for the election.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 4: Took a break from the book reviews.
Speaker 3: Interesting, where's the uh?
Speaker 4: Where's the little bobblehead doll?
Speaker 3: See? I'm on a panel with her right now. What do you think, Katie?
Speaker 5: I call it the shift gift.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: I'm pulling in to the bakery.
Speaker 3: If you would have watched us perform the show live, you can do that at Johnny. Don't like dot com.
Speaker 4: And if you're working or you're driving, all of this stuff is up on so checking out when you get home, Johnny, don't like dot com.
Speaker 3: Let's go to John and Long Beach. John.
Speaker 6: Hello, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday, dear Randy, Happy birthday to you.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you John.
Speaker 6: Miss you guys.
Speaker 7: Hope you come back to Gladstone soon. Just wanting to wish you all the best. Hope you enjoy your day.
Speaker 3: Well, go ahead.
Speaker 4: We haven't announced it yet, John, but I believe we're heading back to Gladstone sometime in October.
Speaker 7: Indeed, indeed, we're looking forward to seeing you now.
Speaker 3: Earlier this year, around my birthday, we were at Gladstone's in Long Beach, enjoying so many of your great dishes, including the fish with the Parmesan crust, which happens to be my favorite, the halib it, and you were kind enough to bring out a birthday cake for us that included my face on it. And at the very end, I was presented with a piece of cake that had my face on it, and I thought I would never see the day where I would eat my face without being on bath salts first, but I did that day.
Speaker 7: God. Oh, congratulations on your success on the new webcast, simulcast and on the podcast. I'm looking forward to listening to your interview with Steve Hilton this afternoon, and we're really excited for your success. We're close to opening in San Diego. We're hoping that you'll come down and join us for my tie down there, and just wanted to say peace out and go Dodgers and.
Speaker 3: Go Angels, all right. John Segmeister, owner of Gladstone's and Lung Beach, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Save the day early October. We'll tell you when we get closer, but we're heading back down there. We're also heading back to Pineapple Hill in early September. We'll have a lot of announcements later this month about some live events, and we are actively trying to figure out doing a remote in Oakland at the end of October for the Shanghy trial, so that might actually happen. We'll see.
Speaker 3: And when we hit five thousand subscribers, you and I are going to the Tijuana River.
Speaker 4: If you want to see John and I do a podcast episode on video from the Tijuana River. I'm not getting in the water, but we'll smell it right there. Tell all your friends to subscribe to our channel at Johnny Dontlike dot com. We're at over four thousand. Now let me check the latest numbers. We're at four thousand and sixty seven. When we get to five thousand, it's all over and we're going to the Tijuana River. So if you want to see that happen, you can help us by spreading the word about this little show.
Speaker 3: What are you going to do if Art gets a SYI kayak?
Speaker 4: I don't think our insurance will cover it.
Speaker 3: Would you be the captain or the skipper?
Speaker 4: I can rope pretty well. I don't know how rough those waters are going to be. I also don't know if the water is so toxic that the kayak will disintegrate by the time it gets to the water.
Speaker 3: It is the most polluted waterway in all of North America, after all, so we have that to look forward to. All right. We mentioned before that the Accountability Podcast, the newest edition of the Accountability Podcast drops today at three and it's an exclusive extended interview with Steve Hilton, candidate for governor. And we told you that we would preview that interview by playing a portion of it today, So Randy, let's go ahead and listen to it.
Speaker 4: This airs on this channel at three o'clock, so make sure you tune in. But here's a little amuse boosh.
Speaker 3: A new poll that came out that showed you ahead of your Democratic opponent, Javier and Besserra in Orange County, which of course is a population center in southern California. The fall campaign just started. You just made your big launch over in Boyle Heights outside of Ground Zero where the environmental and public health disaster took place. On Gavin Newsom and Karen Bass's watch, how do you feel about the election right now? As we sit here in the doldrums of summer, staring at a calendar where fall is quickly approaching.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm feeling very excited about what's to come. Look, we all know the reality here. I've been aware of it. We've talked about it many times. Is twenty years since the Republican won in California. The GAP's been up till now, an unbridgeable twenty percent gap basically whoever's been running, that's been the outcome in all statewide races. And that's what that first poll, the pPIC basically showed it was the which was the other week, it was before the campaign started, before our campaign started, sixty one thirty six, And that was really, in a way, just adding up the totals that we saw in the primary. If you add myself, I got twenty five percent in the primary, Chad Bianca got about ten percent, that's thirty five. If you add up the Democrats, it comes to sixty five. The pole was sixty one thirty six, So it really just reflects where we were in the primary before the campaign. The Orange County pole is significant because, as he said, it's a large population center, third biggest county in the state, over three million people, and has been moving in a purple to blue direction honestly, and so that's encouraging that I'm just edging him. But we haven't really started. And there's two components to what we're doing. The launch of the Positive Campaign for Change in Boyle Heights, enough is enough, Let's fix California. That's the message. We were speaking also to the millions of Californians who understand that we need change. You are desperate the change from the insanity of the living expenses that are just off the charts, the housing cost, gas prices, electric bills, all of those things, chaos on the streets with crime and homelessness, the school results, et cetera. Of that, desperate for change. But also you've got millions of people who want the change but who can't stand President Trump. We know that in California. That's not a secret. And so there's a very important part of the message for me, which is to say, look, I get it. You may not like President Trump, you may not even be a Republican, but you know that we need change, and I'm your guy for that. And then the second part of the campaign is to show people who Besserah really is my opponent. He's not particularly well known, honestly in California, and once you dig into his support, it's very soft, which is our pathway to victory. When you look at the strength of support for each of us in a poll that we did, I've got thirty three percent solidly for me, He's got forty one percent, and there's twenty six percent who are really up for grabs and persuadable. And that's who we're aiming for. And we've got to also tell them that Besserah is not just a thirty six year career politician who would be absolutely no change for anything. In fact, in many ways worse than what we've got now. He's also completely disqualified in terms of his past experience, notably, as we've been focusing on in the last week. As HHS Secretary for Biden, he presided over an absolutely appalling scandal, the Migrant Kids scandal, where he was responsible for losing three hundred and nineteen thousand children and sending many, many thousands of children into the clutches of child sex traffickers and slave labor. And he did that directly in order to try and protect his political reputation because he didn't want the images of kids in his camps. This guy's disqualified. I think on that basis. So there's there's a lot more to come out on that and on the other things that make the Sarah not fit to be governorsed. So in a way, I'm feeling like we know what we've got in our loca, and I'm very excited about the weeks and months ahead. Is going to be difficult, but I know that we can win this.
Speaker 3: When people talk about your campaign, they always reference the fact that it's a long shot, But I always tell them, I always caution them and say, look, there are states that are bluer than California in the United States that have Republican governors. Larry Hogan did it in Maryland. The state of Vermont, which has a socialist Bernie Sanders representing that state in the United States Senate has a Republican governor right now. That's one of the most popular governors in the entire country. There have been other Republican governors in the Northeast, places like Maine and Massachusetts and elsewhere in recent cycles. There is a way to crack the code. There is a way to do it. Have you We've spoken to those individuals, to those Republican governors and blue states about their secret sauce.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a little bit. And in fact, I was at the Republican Governor's Association meeting just the other week and we had a few of those conversations, not with everyone that you mentioned, but some others who've been in that situation as well. It's an incredibly important point and the answer is very simple, and I'm looking forward to more of those conversations. The answer is what I've been doing. Actually in the campaign, you will see it written behind me. These are the messages we're on the road with, which is to be incredibly practical, positive and practical, not ideological, not deviceive, not even particularly partisan. And so you've seen from the beginning right right back to last year, my campaign has been very simple. Three dollar gas cut, utility bills in half, your first one hundred and fifty grand, tax free, starter homes for young families, et cetera. And these are things that have large majority support in California. I'm not, and I haven't weighed in on the issues that are more divisive, that you would consider more ideological. I'm just going to focus on what we can do to help people, in particular the people who like if I go back to that pathway to victory in the twenty six percent who are up for grabs and we can persuade and who those people are. The vast majority are working class Californians, regular working people, not college degrees, who are just really sick of the struggle of just surviving in California, particularly economically, and that's why our focus is very much on those practical cost of living things and the changes we can make to make life easier, in particular for working people in small businesses. That's why we launched the campaign in Boyle Heights, because it's a heavily working class Latino neighborhood that just sittypifies the way in which Democrats have let down that group in their years in power.
Speaker 4: So that's just a little taste of our forty minute extended interview covers a whole lot of topics, including what the hell is going on with Chad Bianco, and we do also get into the origins of the scrub a dub dub scrub it.
Speaker 3: I feel like you and I are the little old ladies at Costco handing out the samples of the pizza buckets. Here's a sample. You like the sample. If you like the sample, get the whole thing.
Speaker 4: We're trying to make this the biggest episode of the Accountability Podcast ever. It premieres as soon as we sign off the air at three o'clock at Johnny don't like dot Com.
Speaker 3: So check it out and share it with your friends. It's the John Phillips Show. If you'd like to watch us live, go to Johnny don't Like dot Com. And when you're watching us, make sure to hit that like button. It's the big thumbs up. You really like it when you do that, all right. In our latest installment of you can Smell It right here, here's mister Randy Wang for the introduction.
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna need a prop for this one, Johnny, are you ready?
Speaker 3: Hang on.
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 4: I am afraid of the bobbleheads that are going to get sent to this radio station now. The La County Board of Supervisors and the Lakitt City Council says, after two months of this disaster, we're starting to work on some relief for these people. Let's find out what this is about. Here is Fox eleven citting.
Speaker 2: County leaders try to bring more relief to Boyle Heights residents and businesses frustrated by the slow cleanup.
Speaker 1: Process.
Speaker 2: Nearly seven weeks after the Lineage warehouse fire, some still facing foul odors and financial losses. Fox Love is Rachel Aragon live now in Boyle Heights with What's being done? Rachel?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, how did Seedorf get out of this?
Speaker 4: Well, you don't know this story, do you?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 4: Seedorf was off last week. He was doing an Ironman triathlon in Canada and he was about to fly back to Los Angeles from Calgary when west Jet decided they wanted to have a flight attendant strike and he could not get home. He had a rent a car and go all the way to Bozeman, Montana to get on a flight to get to Los Angeles. And he just got back yesterday, poor guy. And he did all that with his wife and a baby and all the equipment that you carry with you when you're doing a triathlon.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a tough trip.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: The eye glim moral relief could be on the way for residents and businesses in this very neighborhood. But some people we spoke to and heard from today say they should not have to wait nearly two months for their life to return.
Speaker 4: Back to normal, or to get the county to pay attention to them.
Speaker 1: There's less people.
Speaker 5: People don't really go out.
Speaker 9: We have to wear a mask.
Speaker 5: Parents in boil hines, contins like COVID, you know, find the impact of the toxics that sparked at the cold storage facility in June. Many try to find fresh share for the little ones to play.
Speaker 3: They don't really come out because of the smell.
Speaker 4: We're going to these poor people. It's almost two months of this well.
Speaker 3: You can smell it right here for another party because of the smell.
Speaker 9: Residents did not cause this disaster, but were forced to suffer its consequences.
Speaker 4: And you've done nothing about it. Isabelle.
Speaker 5: On Tuesday, council member Isabelle Hradu announcing a series of motions aim to provide immediate relief from odors and pests.
Speaker 4: And aim to provide immediate relief, meaning that it's going to go through the council committee process and in about six months they'll have relief for the residents of Boyle Heights.
Speaker 3: It's not immediate. These people have been dealing with this for a long time.
Speaker 5: Already celebrate the cleanup process.
Speaker 9: I'm also calling for a faster cleanup of the warehouse site by urging Governor Newsom and the State of California to deploy adition resources to bolster the current cleanup operations.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's the first time I've heard any local call out Gavin for doing nothing on this.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, he hasn't shown up. Are you going to follow up and call him out when he doesn't give you what you want?
Speaker 4: No, of course not.
Speaker 5: Then on the county level, Madam, Chair, Item fifteen is before you. The Board of Supervisors haas a motion Tuesday to provide a financial assistance of small businesses affected by the Lineage fire.
Speaker 4: I've spoken to some of these, Sure, we might give you cancer, but we're going to give you a five hundred dollars check this.
Speaker 9: This is in the area myself and heard firsthand about the thousands of dollars if Day have lost.
Speaker 5: But nearly seven weeks later, Boyle Heights residents like Victoria Burden say what they want most is urgency. The main thing that they want is this food gone. They want this factory gone, and they don't want it to be rebuilt. Mayor Karen Bez signing an emergency executive order barring city departments from processing Lineage rebuild plans until fire investigators make their findings public.
Speaker 4: And she sure likes to make Lineage the boogeyman here, But let's not forget that one of her top advisors is doing pr for Lineage. And also it's the strangest thing, but it's worth addressing. Why is nobody mentioning the solar panel company that started the fire?
Speaker 3: And how about Barbara Ferrer who should have been taking the lead as the fake doctor in charge of the county Department of Public Health.
Speaker 4: Oh, you just need some tile and all that'll do it.
Speaker 5: Wash your hands often and always before eating and after toileting. The clock is ticking on the August fourteenth deadline that best set for Lineage to complete it's cleanup. Lineage says as of Monday, the company has removed about eighty percent of the food waste, adding a statement every day, hundreds of workers, contractors, and experts are on site working around the clock to accelerate the cleanup, reduce odors, protect public health, and provide direct assistants to impacted residents.
Speaker 4: And one of the ways that local government could help speed this up is by giving them more access to more landfills. But uh County's slow roll in that one, and.
Speaker 5: A spokesperson for Governor Newsom sending us this statement saying.
Speaker 4: Quote the Okay, I know this wasn't ai, But if you're looking at the screen right now, did they find a file photo of Gavin Newsom that makes it look like he's smelling something bad?
Speaker 3: I think they did very good job.
Speaker 5: Governor understands how distresting the situation is for the Boyle Heights community. That's why he moved quickly to declare.
Speaker 4: It looks like he got a whiff of something stinky.
Speaker 3: He's smelling it right there.
Speaker 5: A state of emergency to support local efforts in Boyle Heights, where the City of Los Angeles remains the lead on response and recovery. The statement goes on to say, we expect the responsible party to work urgently with local and state agencies to accelerate cleanup and address the community concerns here in Boyle Heights.
Speaker 4: That's Gavin speak for. This is Karen Bass and Hilda solely his fault. Leave me alone.
Speaker 3: And you know what, He's not exactly wrong, but it's still in his state free life.
Speaker 5: In one line tonight, I'm Rachel evergone Fox eleven.
Speaker 4: Noose there you go your latest update in a segment we really wish we didn't have to do all the time.
Speaker 5: Called you can smart right here.
Speaker 3: All right, that's it for us, But in two minutes, Randy, the newest edition of the Accountability Podcast drops.
Speaker 4: It premieres. You can see it at Johnny Dontlike dot Com, Johnny Don't like dot Com. Watch it once, watch it twice, leave a comment, hit the like button, and share it with your friends. We're trying to make this the biggest episode of the Accountability Podcast yet. A forty minute uninterrupted interview with Steve Hilton coming up at three o'clock.
Speaker 3: That's going to do it for us today. But we'll be back tomorrow at noon for another edition of The John Phillips Show