Speaker 1: It's around the park with Dave Fleming.
Speaker 2: We're here at Fenway and we wanted to bring you some Raffi Devers. That's the big story of the weekend. Raffi was overwhelmed with requests, so we didn't talk to Devers one on one. He did talk to the whole group of Boston and San Francisco media members in the dugout. We're going to bring you that conversation now. The voice you're going to hear mostly is Giant Spanish language broadcaster Erwin A Geros. He was translating for Raffi, who was first asked today about his feelings coming back to Fenway Park.
Speaker 1: No, very happy to be back.
Speaker 3: I know that the fans were very good to me, so.
Speaker 1: So I'm very happy to be back.
Speaker 3: A lot of memories came back. This is my first organization that I've been to and I only been in San Francisco, so obviously being here first, there are so many many memories, good ones and bad ones.
Speaker 1: Raffie, what do you think the what do you think the crowd reaction? Really good to it?
Speaker 3: I don't know what to expect. This is my first experience. I don't know if they're going to cheer or I don't know if they're going to boo, So I really don't have an answer for that.
Speaker 1: Very most excited to see it over there.
Speaker 3: Very happy with all of them, as you know, I'm friends with everything Rafaela. Very very happy that they're doing really good. Now, if you.
Speaker 1: Could do anything over again, would you would you change anything?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: After RAFFI, after a little bit more than a year now to kind of think about things, how do you feel about yourself as a baseball player? Have you changed?
Speaker 3: I feel really good. I think it's been a year. I think I have my chur during the year. I think that I had learned as an athlete. There's going to things that are going to happen, and would you have to do just move forward and learn from that.
Speaker 1: Was it strange walking into this side of the park.
Speaker 3: You have to understand that that's in the past. I mean I have done it in another stadiums already. It does feel strange coming on the other side, but it's baseball Raffia. Had you ever been in that clubhouse, the visitors clubhouse inside it before?
Speaker 1: No? First time? Were you surprised that has smallerness? Not American? No? Not at all.
Speaker 3: I was told that it was very.
Speaker 1: Small when you look back at that would end it. Is there any sadness that had ended that way? Any What are your remotion kind of that whole process.
Speaker 3: No, Like I said before, I don't want to think about the past. I don't want to talk about the past. But at the same time, we're all men, We're all grown ups. We have to understand this is the business of baseball. But at the same time, you make mistakes and you have to move on and mature.
Speaker 1: Played a lot of first base this year. How have you enjoyed that role with the Giants?
Speaker 3: Every single day that I play first base, I feel very comfortable. I want to thank Washington for working with me. I had a lot of support here, so I feel very comfortable.
Speaker 1: Ralphie, is there any extra pressure to do well here in this park? This weekend? Hit went off the Monster over the Monster, that sort of thing. I'm not even thinking about that. I'm missing middle middle right now.
Speaker 3: I'm missing all of my pitches, so I'm just hoping that I do well today.
Speaker 1: How comfortable are you as a Giant? How's it different than than it was with Boston?
Speaker 3: I can't compare the only thing I can say is that this is my team. I'm very comfortable. They have supported me, they have trusted me, and I'm just hoping to continue doing well for them. Sometimes players talk about when a schedule comes out, they see something like this.
Speaker 1: And they circle it on the schedule.
Speaker 3: Was it like that for you when the schedule came out? Did you go to Boston? Well, like I said before, you know, I move on. I turned the page. I knew that this day was going to come. But I'm mature now and it's just move on and just enjoy the moment. How much did it help that you played them last year almost right after the trade?
Speaker 1: The same thing.
Speaker 3: I really don't think about it. I'm a baseball player. I love playing baseball, and the only thing that I'm concerned about right now is just helping my team. He was asked if he ever thought about coming back to Boston. He answered that that's something that he doesn't control. He doesn't have an answer for that. That's a baseball decision. And right now he's concentrating in San Francisco. This organization that istorying and very well.
Speaker 1: Right now, we're your message to Red Sox Fantasy.
Speaker 3: Simply want to say thank you very much for all the support they gave me through my years here and there will be always specially my heart. When you think about the nine years that you spent year as a big leader, how would you like fans to remember the type of player that you were. I believe no, but I guess what I would like to say is that I played baseball the right way, I played very hard, and that I always give one hundred percent for the team.
Speaker 2: It's a big story here in Boston, and I'm really glad we got to hear from Devers about his return to play the Red Sox. We'll keep going with our pregame right after this