Speaker 1: And very happy Thursday to you. At twelve oh six in the West live from Las Vegas, It's the John Phillips Show. Mister Randy Weggs in Culver City.
Speaker 2: John Caltrans is exploring a brand new idea of how to get people quickly and safely from Los Angeles to San Francisco. They'll look it into high speed buses.
Speaker 1: I love the bus driver. Now, are these buses that are expected to go like one hundred miles an hour or are these just buses that they anticipate are going to get hijacked at some point?
Speaker 2: They say they're looking into buses that can go as fast as one hundred and forty miles an hour in their own dedicated lanes on existing freeways, and if people aren't comfortable with that, maybe eighty miles an hour.
Speaker 1: What could go wrong?
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, it takes about forty five minutes to fly from melax to SFO. Could you imagine being in a bus that's going one hundred and forty miles an hour?
Speaker 3: It sounds super scary.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe this is just because I'm an angel fan and a bus accident almost took out our entire team once, But being on a bus that goes one hundred and forty miles an hour does not seem like a good idea to me. When I was in school, I played basketball, and we used to go on road games in the big yellow school buses. And it's one thing to play your crosstown rivals or whatever, but sometimes when you're playing your non conference games, you play schools that are out in the middle of nowhere. So we would play the school in Big Bear, and we would play the school in Ridgecrest, and we would go all over southern California playing all of these small schools. I don't know if you've ever been in a yellow school bus going up the hill to Big Bear in the middle of winter, but you take your life into your own hands.
Speaker 2: And if something does go wrong, it's not like you even have a seat belt on that thing.
Speaker 1: I am not kidding. There was one time we were going to a basketball game in one of those big yellow school buses and the bus could not get up the hill, and the bus driver had many of us get out of the bus to take the weight out of the bus so the bus was lighter so the bus could get up the hill, and then we were allowed to walk up to the bus and get back in. I love the bus driver, not me. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is jellphone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. Well, we have some new palls out in the La mayor race and Randy Spencer Pratt is on a roll.
Speaker 2: It now looks like there is just a three point difference between Karen Bass and Spencer Pratt in the latest poll. She's pulling around twenty five, he's polling around twenty two. Nithia is not looking great if you look at those prediction markets which everyone's looking at nowadays. Have you seen that since the debate, Nythia went from like a forty six percent chance of becoming the mayor to about eight percent?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's like betting on the angels.
Speaker 3: She was failure at launch.
Speaker 1: Couldn't happen to a better person.
Speaker 3: But people everywhere.
Speaker 2: My entire feed at this point on social media is nothing but people talking about Spencer Pratt.
Speaker 3: This race is getting so much attention.
Speaker 2: Once again, the California governor's race is being ignored.
Speaker 1: And here's something else to consider. People aren't paying attention to him because he's a train wreck. People are paying attention to him because he is slick. His ads are slick. His performance in the debate was slick. His performance when he does sit down interviews is slick. For a first time candidate, this guy comes off like a pro. I mean, he does have a lifetime experience being in the television world doing interviews. The guy understands communications, and you combine that with a political science degree, he actually has some chops. And when he puts out these policy proposals, like he just put out this nine minute video explaining his homeless policy, it's really well done. Well think about it. Look at all of the people who have been successful in politics in the modern era. Spencer Pratt came out of reality TV. He knows how to frame a story, he knows how to give an interview. He's quick on his feet. Donald Trump, before he became president cident of the United States, was not a senator or a governor, or a member of Congress or a big city mayor. He was a television personality. He spent his career on David Letterman's couch. And because of that, he knows how to handle himself when he's out campaigning. He knows how to keep it interesting. Keep it entertaining, and communicate basic arguments with the public in ways that they can understand and digest. I think the old way of doing politics is almost over, where you get elected to your school board or your city council, then you move up to the state legislature, and you keep moving up the food chain. That's the crowd that's running for governor, with the exception of Steve Hilton, who comes from cable news. And guess what when they have the debates, when he does a sit down interview, that guy shines when all of the others look like buffoons because this isn't his first time at the track. This guy has been doing this for a long time. I think we may have stumbled on the new model for politics.
Speaker 2: People are looking for the outsider. You look at Daniel Lurry's success in San Francisco. Was just voted the most popular mayor in America, and he ran in a race against a lot of indoctrinated politicians and wan handily.
Speaker 1: Look at that woman who Nancy Pelosi just endorsed for Congress, Connie she could contie chan that's right, Not the one that's married to Mary Polvitch, a different one that's Connie Chung. Connie Chung, Yes, Cottie chan She can barely string two sentences together to form a thought. Absolutely, and this woman is going to Congress. Compare that to Spencer Pratt. It's like comparing ice cream to horse manure.
Speaker 2: So much of the job of politics is communication, and we have a lot of terrible communicators in off this Spencer Pratt, Whether whatever you think about him, he is a great communicator and unlike almost every other candidate for any office, understands social media better than pretty much anybody who's doing it.
Speaker 3: And because completely.
Speaker 2: Turning the whole model of how you do a campaign upside down, and you know what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: It's just like when Trump went on with THEO Vaughn and the Undertaker and Rogan and now all of the other politicians are trying to copy him by coming up with their own formula for the podcast to try to benefit from it. Because his ai ads are so slick, and they're so in the moment, and they're so timely, and the message that they get across is so sharp. You're gonna see a bunch of politicians try to copy him and do the same thing. But it's not going to look like his because they're not as smart as him and they're not as savvy as him. It's gonna be like some sort of Russian version of what the United States does.
Speaker 2: Also, depending on the candidate, it's not gonna make any sense.
Speaker 1: No, it's gonna be totally backwards. So Spencer Pratt did a sit down interview with CNN's Alex Michaelson, and, like the interview he conducted on this show, boy did he shine. Elex Michaelson posted on his YouTube channel the entire forty seven minute interview, which I listened to on the way here, which I'm gonna tell you two things about that. One, the interview is definitely worth your time, and two, it took me forty seven minutes to go fourteen miles in LA. Let's listen to the beginning of Spencer Pratt's sit down with CNN's Alex Michaelson.
Speaker 4: Spencer, welcome to the story is and congrats on the run.
Speaker 5: Amazing. Thank you for having me and for greeting me in the parking lot as a first out of any media hit I've done. What a gentleman.
Speaker 3: Alex is a class act.
Speaker 4: He is talk to us about.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he moved to CNN, if his mom is still making brownies for all the guests, but that was his thing on Fox eleven.
Speaker 1: Oh and they were great, and he also sent me some for Christmas.
Speaker 4: Talk to us about the most basic question, why are you doing this? Why are you running?
Speaker 5: That is a very simple answer. We can go back to when my house burned down and my parents' house burnout, and my whole neighborhood burned down, and I started investigating how this happened, and I find out the level of negligence on our city officials, our state, and when I started exposing it with whistleblowers, and then even the La Times exposed this, and these same city officials just lied and lied and nothing was going to happen. And then in two weeks from now, on June second, Mayor Bass would have got automatically reelected. And so so I had to just get in the race in the sense to just counter these like, hello people, this what do you.
Speaker 2: Think this race would even look like? If Pratt did not get into.
Speaker 1: It, it would be Nithya versus Karen. Because Rick Caruso was the one everyone was expecting to get in Rick Caruso was to La what Kamala was to the governor's race. A lot of people who could have been viable took a pass on it because they thought that a big, boldface name would jump in and clear the field. And to run for an office like this, it takes a lot of planning. You just can't wake up one morning and decide you're going to run for governor or mayor. You have to work on it for a really long time. And because those two took forever to decide, a lot of the traditional candidates who could have posed a threat to these people decided to do something else with their time.
Speaker 2: Apparently, a week before the filing deadline, Lindsey Horvath was texting back and forth with Rick Caruso, being.
Speaker 3: Like, are you gonna run? Are you gonna run? Are you gonna run?
Speaker 1: She would be worse than Karen Bass, she would be, But she was one of those people considering running, but she wasn't gonna do it if Rick Russo ran. And then she decided not to do it anyway and keep her safe seat in the Board of Supervisors. Oh, it would be like having the legally blonde woman as mayor of Los Angeles only just as incompetent as Karen Bass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, el Woods is fairly competent.
Speaker 5: This person should be in jails. Twelve people burned alive, and you cannot just move on and act like, oh I was in Ghana Whoopsie Daisy's like, no, you should have resigned, You should have admitted to your failures, and you didn't. And so I just had to for my community. And then once I got in the game and saw that, oh, our whole city is on fire. Literally, I mean, it's it's crazy, you know.
Speaker 4: So that's why I mean when you say Karen Bass burned down my house, you don't mean she actually threw a mat, but you're talking of that this fire you, in your view, was preventable.
Speaker 5: Not in my view. And now multiple judges have thrown out the appeals by the city's two thousand dollars an hour Monger and Tolls lawyers that we have five hundred city attorneys on salary with our text mequ now we're paying, you know, the people that sue Apple and stuff.
Speaker 2: We have them saying the city is spending and the county and the state tons of money on attorneys fighting the lawsuits from the victims of these fires, and every single time they try to get these lawsuits thrown out, they're getting overruled.
Speaker 1: Well, the city doctored up the after action report to make it look like they weren't as responsible as they were. How could you treat them like they are an honest broker. They're not an honest broker. They're part of a cover up.
Speaker 2: And because of these lawsuits, through the process of discovery, we have seen all kinds of text messages from on the line firefighters on the Lochman fire that show negligence at this city leveled the county level, and especially at the state level.
Speaker 1: It was really a fight between the city and the state because it was an uber driver. Just to go over the details, because a lot of people, for whatever reason, don't know what happened in that fire. An uber driver with Trump derangement syndrome went on some sort of screed against Donald Trump and then he lit a fire. I guess he wanted to be the next Luigi MANGIONI. Well, that fire was attacked by the LA Fire Department and they were doing a good job at putting it out, and then the fire spread to state land. And after the fire spread to state land. The state said, you don't have jurisdiction to be here, and the on the line firefighters said to their political leadership, which goes all the way up to the mayor, the fire is not fully extinguished. We cannot walk away from this. We need to continue fighting this fire or else something bad can happen. And Karen Bass did not want to fight with Galvin Newsom because the state was telling them to stand down. So the city leadership, the political leadership in the city, told the firefighters to stand down. The fire was never fully extinguished, and then the winds picked up on New Year's and that's what burned down the Pacific Palisades. Well, of course she doesn't want that storyline out there because that makes her look bad. It makes the city look bad, it makes the state look bad, it makes Gavin look bad. So let's doctor up the report to make it climate change.
Speaker 5: Oh no, we have no responsibility, and multiple judges have now said, oh no, this is moving forward. We have full discovery, so it's not Spencer saying it. The evidence is there of the negligence, just adding up so long the list. We can spend an hour and I will if you like it. I know you have a lot of questions, but I will break down exactly how she's responsible.
Speaker 4: In your view, then what does accountability look like for those involved with the fire. If you're a mayor, what does accountability look like?
Speaker 5: Well, accountability is moving forward to make sure all these other communities don't catch on fire, because right now we have accountability where the mayor will say we're ready for the next fire.
Speaker 1: We are not not even clothes.
Speaker 5: We have forty five less firefighters right now than we did January seventh. That's a lie. Go on the website and look at the list of all the things the firefighters ask for in this last budget. Deny deny, deny, deny denied. So for me, accountability as the mayor is actually making sure of it was safe. We can't get the accountability except for in court with actually Mayor Bass, State Parks LADWB. That's the only accountability there. But everybody's already lost everything. So I can't go back in time and undo the failures of Mayor Bass. But I can prevent this because all this is preventable. Yeah, I'm fine with saying that climate change like they'll blame it, but we knew the climate that has been changing, and we didn't prepare. We have sixty years of dead fuels surrounding all these communities. We knew for three months that this was the driest weather event, no rain anticipated. All the maps show bright red.
Speaker 1: The fire chief.
Speaker 5: Warren Mayor Bas about this and didn't even Maybas didn't even tell the fire chief she was leaving the country.
Speaker 2: And remember Karen Bass deleted her text messages when she got back from Ghana.
Speaker 1: And her liaison, the public safety including fire was out on administrative leave for making fake bomb threads.
Speaker 5: She lied and since she was leaving this out of the state and the chief said this is in the Chief Chief Crowley's lawsuit against Marybach, she said all this, this is not the time to leave, and we didn't predeploy. We just found out this week the LEDWP CEO this Mickey seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year. Jidis Quinionas didn't even know the reservoirs were empty.
Speaker 1: Apparently those reservoirs are empty again, by the way, YEP.
Speaker 5: In the extreme fire season. So the list of just failures is so crazy. And you know it was always so hard for me to watch before I was ever running. You know, these people would come on your show, your past show, and they just lie to you, lie to you. They would tell you about you know, this one hundred mile per hour wins and this is all not true, and they just keep that because if they tell everybody there was one hundred mile prior wins, it's climate change. Oh, it's unprecedented. No, it's not the reason why there was no fixed wing aircraft ready Lacit never called in fixed wing because they couldn't reach Mayor Bass. And that CBS journalist just reported this week that when they told Mayor Bass in Ghana that there was a Palisades fire, she was then not a They couldn't We could reach her for an hour because she was having drinks in Ghana.
Speaker 3: At the party.
Speaker 1: I want to know how obliterated she was over there and what was her bac M.
Speaker 2: There is a lot more of this interview and it is pretty damn good and it's getting featured all day on CNN.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred two two two five two two two is a telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com and Randy there's a long weekend on the horizon. We're not going to be doing live shows on Saturday, Sunday or Monday, but if you want to listen to us, you can still do that.
Speaker 2: Just search for the John Phillips Show wherever you get your podcasts, whether it's the Apple podcast app, iHeart, Spotify, search for the John Phillips Show, hit subscribe. You can download all the episodes. You can do a Google on the YouTube. You can get the free at KABC app. You can get the free at KSFO app. You can get the KMJ now app. Because we're on the big KMJ and Fresno Saturdays at noon. Search for the John Phillips Show wherever you get your podcasts, and you can listen to us whenever you want. Now, we're not going to be live on Monday, Memorial Day, but we do have a best of the John Phillips Show that will air from noon to three on KABC and KSFO and Johnny. The first hour is going to be a replay of your interview with Spencer Pratt, No Kidding, and the third hour is going to be Katie Porter going to the Tijuana River.
Speaker 1: You really are putting together a holiday treat. You call it a best of for nothing? Oh, I think the one o'clock hour is Tom Steyer when he went on Real ninety two to three is a good one. All right. Right now we're going through the sound of Spencer Pratt and to sit down, we'll see it ends. Alex Michaelson, this is a This comes from Alex posting the full unedited forty eight minute video, which I the prop. I love the idea of putting out full unedited videos, but he's also putting clips of this up online and it's going everywhere. Let's continue to listen to Spencer Pratt with CNN's Alex Michaelson.
Speaker 5: And they never called in fixed wing air support to drop water. It was never called.
Speaker 6: This is factual, right, and so it wasn't because of the win well, and she said during the debate that the winds were so high that they couldn't have planes come in, which is not true, and so that is not actually what happened.
Speaker 4: And what you said in the debate was true about what happened in that situation.
Speaker 5: I received at least one thousand videos of everyone showing the planes, the helicopters. I even posted the shunook that's you know, these helicopters can't fly in a certain level win that she's describing. They're all flying. The issue that people don't realize the reason the policies fire got so out of hand. First, let's forget the state parks and the dead brush. For the first six hours of the fire, that's the crucial time. Like everybody saw yesterday, how they were able to contain that fire. First in Semi Valley they have the fire bricks, so that helps. But they were able to get to the water. Since the Palisse reservoirs again maribasklid and so there's only one, there's two. I live next door to one Palisades Reservoir and there's Sandy and As Reservoir. Since there was no water in those, the helicopters had to fly to Pepperdine and Malbu and do Encino to get water. They spent sixty percent of their time in the air instead of flying little thirty seconds from the Sandy and Nez reserve over to Lockman drop drop, That's when they have the chance to put out the fire.
Speaker 2: He is spitting out facts that can make Karen Bass have to relive how much of a failure this city was during that fire.
Speaker 1: And these facts are easy to understand, indigestible. We're not getting stuck in the weeds here. This is just the basics.
Speaker 3: And if they would have pulled out the weeds, that would have helped.
Speaker 5: So this isn't like, it's not a conspiracy. You know, I used to when I was younger, I used to believe in conspiracies. You realize it's they're not conspiracies, they're just negligence. They're people that we pay with our tax money.
Speaker 2: See now I know he really has learned. There are a lot of people that assume all kinds of conspiracies in government, but our government is too stupid to pull any of those off.
Speaker 1: Oh. The older you get and the more you observe things, the more you understand that these are a bunch of fools playing around with smoke and mirrors.
Speaker 5: And we expect them to do their jobs and they don't.
Speaker 4: So, you know, so, from a policy perspective going forward, what changes to prevent that? You already talked about the idea of more firefighters, But is there anything else from a policy perspective, that changes when it comes to fires.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think people missing the debate what I said that is will change not just Los Angeles, it will change insurance in California. I've had multiple meetings with Wayne Colson, who does the chinnooks for LA County. He provides the quick reaction for us his three of them. We would add a fourth and we'd do a mutual aid with his chinnooks for Los Angeles City would probably buy another one, and we'd put twenty dip sites around these communities because right now, if we have these dip sites, they hit the water, boom, hit the water, and then we also connect pools. You know, there's a lot of big pools in La You go to these communities, say a lot of these are also second homeowners, a lot of people who don't even live here. They would have no issue connecting pools. To then fill a dip site, Say the water system goes down again and we can't connect it. So we have twenty these dip sites one mile from each other. So now we have water all around these communities. Then, obviously, as mayor, I am clearing dead brush and whoever the new governor is if they have a problem with it. My citizens' lives are more important than milk vetch. So I will make sure we have fire breaks. And we saw yesterday in Semi Valley, how amazing a fire break. Yes, people will argue, you know the embers. Still, you talk to any firefighter, they say, the firebreak gives us a chance to dig in and before we just get overwhelmed with the fire hitting onto the structures.
Speaker 2: I do really love the idea of I don't care whose jurisdiction it is, I'm cleaning this up because so much local government wants to just blame well, I can't do that. That state land just do it. You're all on the same freaking team.
Speaker 1: When you talk to people who were in the room, and we've done this with Don Knabi and others who were there when the ten freeway went down after the north Ridge quake, and it became a crisis in southern California because so many commuters are dependent on that freeway to get to work and to get home from work, and they realized that this could end up in a bureaucratic black hole. They decided very early on that they would not allow that to happen. And they had all of the shot callers. They had the Secretary of Transport, they had the governor, they had the mayor, they had the lead from the board of supervisors, they had all of their top aides in the same room every single morning, and whatever it was that they had to do, they did it. And they finished that project ahead of schedule. And it was the developer or I guess the construction company that got a huge bonus because of that. I think it was a company based out of Sacramento. The guy just died. He played poker with Dan Walters. Too bad. We could use that company these days. But they got it done and they got it done ahead of schedule because there was a sense of urgency. Karen Bass and Gavin Newsom have no sense of urgency. They believe in all of this bureaucratis and you don't want to step on anyone's toes. And they're not even really that interested in the power of local government anyway. All they want to do is talk about Trump. So nothing gets done. Well, we've tried nothing getting done. It's time to try the alternative.
Speaker 5: I mean fire breaks, having water, actually funding the fire department, because again we can look at Chief Crowley's case against Mayor Baths because when she spoke the truth, mayorbas fired her for retaliation. So she asked to no sue her for the truth and in it I think it was seven weeks before the policies fireus. She went to Mayerbaths and said, I cannot protect Angelino's. What does Maribas do? She cuts the fire department by seventeen million, and again people will say, oh, there's no money in the city of la While she did that, there was four hundred million dollars sitting in an inside safe account that's still there to this day, right now, almost two years later.
Speaker 2: As mayor, if we have bankrupted the city with all of these nonsensical homeless programs that have had zero impact.
Speaker 1: And they don't have money for the basics.
Speaker 5: As mayor, if I knew there was four hundred million in a different account that we don't even know what to do with our scam we're running over here, I would say, oh, we're going to take seventeen mili out, go meet with the city council. Where are we got to meet with and say Angelino's need to be safe. Our fire chief is saying we need the seventeen million to get all these engines. So if there is an emergency, we have a thousand extra firefighters that can respond. When Marabath lied on the debate the amount of firefighters, the message me and said, I showed up to my station, left my family, and you know when I wasn't even working, and we didn't have kit, we didn't have gear, We just couldn't even respond. So she just it's actually scary. You know, these politicians how they can just I don't. I honestly am to the point where maybe they don't know the truth, and so it's not lying. Nobody tells them the truth because they just you know, let's give it. Let's give her the benefit out. Maybe she has no clue about the truth, so those aren't lies. She just doesn't know. Everything she's saying is a lie.
Speaker 3: And for the reck that is also possible.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Jonathan in Los Angeles. Jonathan, Hello, oh guys.
Speaker 7: Well you know I've heard what you said. You know, the state is on the hook, excuse me for the for the rest there, the state is on the hook for the damage, even every dead dog and cat. So he was talking about climate change, Sorry, he was talking about climate change. Everyone knows it's a problem. That's what Spencer Pratt just said on your show. And we are not prepared, right, So when was Spencer Pratt going to get prepared to put a sprinkler system on his home? See, he didn't protect his own home. He had all that money.
Speaker 8: He bought those two vans and put this Spencer Pratt for mayor on the He bought that. He has all that money, and he talks about other people sourcing their pools for water and that protected their home. How comes Spencer Pratt since he's so smart, guys, that's what you think. I think he's stupid. He had all that money, he has all this knowledge, but he didn't put a sprinkler system on his own home.
Speaker 1: Who are you voting for? For Mayer? Sarah?
Speaker 8: Well, oh, by, I would have to vote for Nicia and I know how.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're a socialist. You're a socialist. You're voting for a socialist candidate. So you believe the government should own the means of production and you don't like him because he's rich. Well, guess what your candidate of choice was on the city council and was there when the budget got cut for the fire Department and they were all warned about it.
Speaker 3: And shut up.
Speaker 1: And your candidate for mayor of Los Angeles also supported this train wreck disaster mayor before she saw an opportunity to jump in the race and win. But she has a room temperature IQ and went and debated with this reality show moron or whatever it is that you referred to him as, and he cleaned her clock. He made her look like a complete fool and a buffoon that she is. And everyone in town is now realizing that that's why she tanked in the betting markets, that's why she's tanking in the polls, and that's why she's not gonna be the next mayor of Los Angeles, and she is gonna finish behind this reality show idiot or whatever it was that you called them.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your time. So is Nitthia Pang people to call the radio station? Probably, I'm sure that's legal.
Speaker 1: Now. You know I forgot my blood pressure medication on this trip too, Did I tell you that? Oh boy? All right, I'm gonna do some tai chi. We'll be back in a couple minutes. It's the John Phillips Show. Eight hundred two two two five two two two is telephone number one eight hundred two two two five two two two. If you'd like to email the show, you can do so at Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com. That's Johnny don't like show at gmail dot com and Randyearmonitor. In the mail bag, Dan writes in at john don't like show at gmail dot com with the subject line ramen noodles for brains, John, there was a glorious SmackDown that Rick Flair would be proud of.
Speaker 3: And it's not even woo Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Who let's go to Cardi in Lancaster. Cardi, Hello, hy John, how are you good?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 9: Uh, it's simple, get rid of the leadership we have vote for Spencer Prant and all these naysayers, Oh, he doesn't have any experience. The rest of these clowns didn't have any experience, John. And you know the guy that called before said, you know, climate change for Pratt And why didn't he put sprinklers in? What a buffoon? What did what did? What did Karen Bass do? These people are I got I don't even want it done.
Speaker 1: Well, here's a question, and I guess I didn't have the opportunity to ask it because I got a little heated. But let's just say he did have sprinklers on the house. There was no water, That's my point.
Speaker 9: There was nothing, zilch. They let that place burn down to the ground.
Speaker 1: And his candidate was on the council. His candidate endorsed Karen Bass. The city is responsible for making sure there's water in the reservoir. They're in charge of the Department of Water and Power. As a reality show actor, how would he have any control over whether or not there's water in that reservoir. That's the city's responsibility, not a private resident, not a homeowner.
Speaker 9: You know, John, I'm going to roll the dice and I'm voting for him. Can't get any worse, right, That's right.
Speaker 1: What do you have to lose?
Speaker 9: Thank you, have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the call. Let's go to Sherry in Los Angeles. Sherry, Hello, Hi.
Speaker 10: There, how are you?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 10: I know how you are? You come down? So I like that last caller with the one Jonathan before this last guy, because number one, it shows that even stupid people are listening to your show. And number two, I'm glad he's voting for Nicea because that takes a vote away from Bass. If he's not voting for our guy, he's voting for one of them. And I love listening to this interview about Spencer's talking. All of the interviews you play. He's smart, he's articulate, he's right to the point, he knows his stuff. He's young, which Bass is not. And unfortunately, I live in Kadi Rslavsky's neighborhood. The fires that go on there and she does nothing about it, the amount of money they waste. I'm putting out fires from the homeless on the Robertson on and off ramps to the ten Freeway, which I know you said you drive by all the time. It is ridiculous. They set fires every other day. They've burned property, The brush hasn't been cleared in years. It's a Third World country down there, it is.
Speaker 1: And we don't have to live like that. We choose to live like that. And we have an election coming up, and we can choose to live a different way if we want to.
Speaker 10: Yees, But there's so many stupid people that are going to vote for her. It's just done. But you know they have the Trump syndrome, it's now the Spencer syndrome, all.
Speaker 1: Right, thank you for the call. Let's go to Sal in West Hollywood shall hello?
Speaker 3: Sal? Hung up? All right, here's what we got to do.
Speaker 2: Because we've only scratched the surface of this interview, and right now it's all been about the fires. What Pratt had to say about the homeless is even more damning, and his solutions for it are kind of fascinating. So, Johnny, I think we got to hear what Spencer Pratt has to say on the crisis that everyone's been complaining about for decades.
Speaker 3: Homelessness in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Another complete and total failure associated with Karen Bass and her administration and the callers candidate Nitia Raman, because before Rahman got on the council, she worked for one of those phony boloney homeless services organizations, and that's how she enriched herself. She enriched herself off of making our city look like a toilet.
Speaker 2: We're only one hour into today. You got all riled up and you're supposed to be in vacation mode. You're in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Well, what are you gonna do? We're here today, We're here tomorrow.